The Hardest Days

Fate (English Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I've only been here for a few days but i already miss Korean food..." said Sunmi, who couldn't finish the tacos she ordered.

"The problem is that every time you come here, you would order tacos, you'll definitely get bored after a while, eonnie..." Yeseo commented, she was still enjoying her tuna sandwinch.

"Better than this girl beside me, Hey Yujin, are you just going to play with your food?" Ask Sunmi.

“Are you on a diet? Wasn't there a problem with your wedding dress yesterday?" Sunmi asked again.

Yujin just shook her head.

"I just don't have an appetite..." Yujin replied.

"Tskckck.. I think I've watched this drama before.." Sunmi said suddenly.

"What do you mean eonnie? What drama?” Yeseo asked.

"A drama where a girl is forced to marry by her own father, I don't know if the ending will be the same..." said Sunmi.

“Eonniee…” Yeseo tried to remind Sunmi to be more understanding towards her third sister.

“You can say that because you can marry the person you love and Appa approves of your choice..” Yujin replied.

"A wedding that my own sister couldn't come .. " said Sunmi again.

"I already apologized, you are too vindictive, eonnie. Be careful not to pass your character on to my nephew..” Yujin replied again.

"Heechan is very sweet, it seems that his nature is descended from Junho Oppa, thank God..." Yeseo added.

"Yeah, what's the matter with you guys?" Sunmi protests against her younger siblings.

Yeseo suddenly sighed. "I miss Tiffany eonnie..." she said.

"Eonnie is here." Yujin replied which startled her two sisters.

"Tiffany eonnie is here?" Ask Sunmi again to make sure.

"Yeah Eonnie, I've met her, she's in New York .." Yujin replied.

"Can we meet her?" Yeseo asked hopefully.

Yujin nodded.

"I'll tell Tiffany eonnie later..." Yujin replied again

"Is she happy eonnie?" Yeseo asked again.

"I've never seen Tiffany eonnie as happy as now .." Yujin replied with a smile, remembering her sister's happy face.

Then she felt two hands holding her hands, one belonged to Yeseo, and the other belonged to Sunmi.

"You too can be happy like Tiffany, please think again Yujin." Sunmi said softly.

"That's right eonnie .." Yeseo added.

Yujin then took a deep breath.

“Shen Xiaoting…” A name suddenly appeared from her lips.

“Shen Xiaoting? The famous celebrity? Today's most famous dancer and choreographer? What's with her? ' asked Sunmi curiously.

"She is the reason why I can never go back to Korea.." She replied.

"Eonnie means she is the person eonnie loved 6 years ago? ' asked Yeso.

Yujin shook her head.

“still. I still love her .. " Yujin replied.

“Eonnie…” Yeseo didn't know what to say.

“About a month ago I met her here again. Even though I tried to avoid her at first but her persistence made us close again, I think it's okay, we can still be friends. But it turns out that Xiaoting chose to stay because she wanted me to return to her…” Suddenly Yujin's tears fell. “I was so mean to her, she was so sincere but I.. I still hurt her…”

"What happened?" Sunmi asked in a soft tone.

“That night, when we finished…” Yujin couldn't tell Yeseo and Sunmi the details of what happened that night. “That night after Xiaoting and I spent the night together I received an email from an unknown address…”

She then showed the email to her sisters.

“Oh My God, who took these pictures?” Sunmi asked after seeing the photo of Yujin and Xiaoting making out in her car in a position that could shock the public if it spread. And the most terrible thing was the message in the Body text email that was sent to her sister.

"Not only will her career be ruined, I make sure she won't see the sun again if you stay with her..."

"Oh my God, this is really scary .." Now Yeseo also commented.

"Who would have the heart to do this?" Ask Sunmi.

"Appa.." Yujin replied confidently.

The three sisters then fell silent.

“Yujin…” Sunmi called to break the silence.

"Give me Tiffany eonnie's number..."

Yujin then gave Tiffany's number to Sunmi

 

***

H-5

It's been a few days since Xiaoting has locked herself in a hotel room, in her hand she still has her cell phone, which she checks for notifications almost every minute. It's been 5 days but still no message or call from Yujin. She deliberately didn't contact Yujin first, because she realized that now the ball is in the hands of the girl she loves, she will wait, wait until the wedding date of Yujin and the man Xiaoting doesn't want to name. If at that time there was still no news, then Xiaoting would stop.

"At that time I will really let you go..." she whispered.

Her cell phone is now vibrating , her hope which then had to be dashed again when she saw the name on her cellphone screen.

She then answered incoming calls. "Hello, Eonnie..." she answered.

“ Xiaoting, how are you? Are you satisfied with your vacation ?” Ask Miran on the other side.

"Not bad .." Xiaoting replied briefly.

" Are you ready to come back? Many offers are already queuing .. " said Miran again.

"Give me 5 more days, Eonnie..." Xiaoting replied.

" Hmm Alright .. later I will call you again then .." replied Miran again.

"Okay, Eonnie.."

" Take care, Xiaoting .."

"Thank you, Eonnie..."

Xiaoting looked back at her hotel window, looking at Yujin's apartment.

"5 more days..." she whispered.

***

"Eonnie, are you going to keep looking at your phone?" Chaehyun asked her boss.

"I'm waiting for a call from Mr. Johnson .." Yujin replied, lying.

"Isn't it going to ring later if a call comes in," said Chaehyun who was confused by Yujin's behavior.

"Ahh right,  you're right .. " Yujin then put her cell phone on the table.

"Eonnie isn't your wedding only 5 days away, why don't you take some time off?" Chaehyun asked.

"No need." Yujin answered briefly.

Chaehyun just nodded at her boss's answer.

Yujin looked back at her phone. Trying to resist the urge to call Xiaoting, apologize and beg her to come back

'5 more days…' she said to herself.

 

***

H-3

“Still have your face to meet me?” Mr. Choi said to his daughter.

"Appa.." Call Tiffany. Tiffany, who knew that her Appa was in New York, immediately contacted her Appa to ask him to meet.

"Ahh.. you still consider me your father?" Answer her father. "I will never forgive you Tiffany .. " he continued again.

"I didn't come to apologize Appa..." Tiffany said.

Mr. Choi immediately raised his eyebrows. "Then what for?"

"Yujin.." Tiffany replied.

"What's wrong with your sister?" Mr. Choi asked.

"Please stop, Appa. Stop ruining your own daughter!” Said Tiffany.

"What do you mean?!" Mr. Choi raised his voice, he then looked around, forgetting for a moment that they were in a pretty crowded restaurant.

"What do you mean, Tiffany?" she asked again in a lower voice.

“I know what you are doing? Threatening your own daughter? That's low, even for you..” Tiffany is now looking her father's eyes sharply.

Her father is now shaking his head.

"You know I won't do what I wrote in the email..." Her father indirectly admitted what she had done. “I was just bluffing, I just wanted your sister to back off…”

"Appa, you have to learn not everything has to be according to your will.. throughout her life, my sister always obeyed you. she has suffered because of it!” Now Tiffany could not contain her emotions.

“Don't you dare talk to me like that!” Her father's emotions were ignited.

"Appaa... I know you love her.. I know you are sorry for what you did to her 6 years ago.." Tiffany said again with more controlled emotions.

Hearing that Me.Choi was just silent.

"Appa..." Called Tiffany again still trying.

“You know, I just want the best for her, her choice will only trouble her later…” Mr.Choi replied in a calmer tone.

"Appa, look at me, I can be happy with my choice .." Tiffany said, pointing at herself.

Mr.Choi looked straight into the eyes of his first daughter.

"She is not You, Tiffany, I Won't let her,," said Mr. Choi coldly.

"Yujin will still marry Minhyuk, my decision is final." Mr.Choi got up from his chair leaving Tiffany alone.

Tiffany then exhaled the breath she had been holding for a long time.

"Stubborn.." she whispered. She then took her cell phone.

"Taeyeon, I need your help..." she said to her girlfriend on the other side.

 

***

The two introverts who met for the first time looked awkward. Don't know who will to start the conversation first.

“Ehm…” Finally the older girl took the initiative to start a conversation.

"What do you want to drink?" Taeyeon asked.

"Sunbaenim can ordered first .." Xiaoting replied.

"Umm don't call me that, just call me eonnie .." Taeyeon said.

“Ahh, I feel bad, after all Sunbaenim is my senior in the industry..” Xiaoting replied again.

"I've been inactive for a long time, after all it's more convenient if you call me, eonnie .." Taeyeon said again.

"Okay then… Eonnie." Xiaoting said. Hearing it made Taeyeon smile.

"Well that's how it is.. umm looks like I'll just order a cocktail without alcohol, I can't get drunk because I have to drive..." Taeyeon said

“Then I ordered the same. I don't want to bother eonnie if I get drunk later.."

"Hahaha,, okay .. " Taeyeon also gave a signal to the Waitress to write down their orders.

They fell silent again.

Taeyeon was tasked by Tiffany to make sure Xiaoting was still in New York and in good condition. Tiffany already knows about Yujin and Xiaoting's relationship through Sunmi, she tries to help her sister find her happiness too.

Taeyeon, who still had many links, was finally able to get Xiaoting's number, although at first Xiaoting sounded surprised when she suddenly found out that a Taeyeon called her. But in the end Xiaoting agreed when Taeyeon asked her to meet her.

“Xiaoting, are you okay? I've heard everything from Tiffany .." Taeyeon said in a careful tone.

Xiaoting took a deep breath.

"I want to say I'm fine, but even I can't lie to you, eonnie.." Xiaoting replied.

"Do you really love Yujin?"

"I can't even imagine not loving her eonnie, loving her is like a part of me, so if I stop then that part of me will not be whole anymore." Xiaoting replied again.

"ckckck .. what's with the two sisters that can make us both like this .. " Taeyeon said reminiscing about her difficult time with Tiffany.

"I admire you eonnie, what you did back then was very brave..." Xiaoting said.

"That's nothing, what I do is also for myself, I want to be happy, I choose to be happy with the woman I love .. "Taeyeon answered.

Xiaoting smiled slightly hearing Taeyeon's answer.

“Xiaoting, what would you do if you could get back together with Yujin? How about your career? "Taeyeon asked.

"Hmm.. I've thought about it, now people are quite open minded, I can just be honest and continue my career, I will definitely lose a lot of fans, but that won't be a problem, I can know which ones are really my true fans .. but if I can't, I don't mind letting it all go, like eonnie did. I have achieved my dream, I still have another dream…”

"What's that?" Taeyong asked.

"Living with Yujin, owning a 2-storey house with a big yard, having 2 children and a pair of dogs and their children..." replid Xiaoting  who was already starting to tear up.

"Ohh Xiaoting..." Taeyeon said as she handed a tissue to the girl who was younger than her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter