Roller Coaster

Fate (English Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was December snow, the girl wished she could see her first snow with her lover, but circumstances had to separate them. Xiaoting and her Plan Girls friends managed to become their campus representatives to take part in the Asia Pacific Dance festival event held in Tokyo. The event lasted for 3 weeks, which means she will spend Christmas and New Year without her girlfriend.

The view of Tokyo city from the hotel window was beautiful. Xiaoting tries to contact her gilfriend, she wants to share the beauty of Tokyo via video call, but it seems Yujin is busy. Lately her lover was busy with her final assignment. Not to mention the preparations for her family's new company. However, almost every day her girlfriend still finds time to meet her, even if it's just to chat with her for a bit.

She was surprised by the open door of her hotel room, Young Eun who was her roommate entered with a cheerful face.

"Eonnie, you should have come, it was so much fun .." Young Eun said. Her friends had just returned from touring around Tokyo. Xiaoting didn't join her friends because she wasn't in a good mood today, of course the reason was because all day there had been no news from her girlfriend who was on the other side of the ocean.

"I'm tired.." Xiaoting replied briefly.

"The workshop just starts tomorrow, why you already tired .." Young Eun said while pursing her lips.

Xiaoting did not reply to her friend's comment, her eyes returned to her cellphone screen. Still no  message from Yujin. She took a deep breath.

"eonnie..." Young eun called him again.

"Hmm.." Xiaoting replied briefly.

"Does eonnie have a girlfriend?" Young-eun asked. Xiaoting really wanted to be honest with her friend, but she had promised Yujin not to tell anyone about their relationship.

“Do I look like I have a gilfriend?” Xiaoting asked back.

Young Eun nodded. "It's very obvious eonnie, these few months eonnie rarely joins us on the weekends, eonnie often comes home early and often forbids us to come to your apartment." Xiaoting didn't realize that all this time her attitude was too obvious, no wonder her friends were suspicious.

"Are the other friends as suspicious as you are?" Xiaoting asked.

"Everyone is suspicious, but if you don't want to talk, we won't force you .." Xiaoting felt guilty to her friends.

"And I know that person isn't Yurina-chan, because even though Yurina is here your mind seems to be across the ocean." Young-eun continued.

Xiaoting is still silent hearing Young Eun's words. She sighed again. "That's right Young, I already have someone who is on the other side of the ocean, sorry I can't say who .." Xiaoting replied slowly.

"It's okay eonnie, I'm glad to hear that. Whoever the person is very lucky to have you .." Young Eun said with a smile. Deep down in Young Eun's heart, she knows who this lucky woman is. 'Cai Bing Eonnie must find another woman .' Young Eun thought.

"Thank you, Young.." Xiaoting replied gratefully. She was a little relieved even though she didn't reveal everything to Young Eun.

They both rested in their respective twin beds. Young eun is already busy with her cellphone.

Xiaoting had almost fallen asleep when her phone vibrated, when she saw who sent the chat, her sleepiness disappeared.

“ Shen Xiaoting… I'm sorry, I've been with my father all day.. I can't even look at my phone, Uhhh, it feels like military service… I miss You, even though it's only been 2 days, how about 19 days left? TT."

Xiaoting smiled reading the message from her girlfriend, she could imagine her girlfriend's cute face when typing the message she just sent.

" Choi Yujin.. actually I want to be angry, this is the first time there is no news at all from you, I'm really worried TT .."

" You haven't slept yet?” Yujin instead replied her with a question.

“ Not yet, how can I sleep without any news from my girlfriend all day.. ><” Xiaoting replied again

“ I'm sorry.. what should I do, TT? ”

Xiaoting will never be angry with her cute girlfriend for long, smiling as she typed her reply. “ Fly here, I miss you too.. ”

" Please call Doraemon then, you're in his hometown .." Yujin replied trying to joke.

" Haha.. so funny .." Xiaoting replied.

" Xiaoting, I really want to fly there, but you know it's impossible TT .." Yujin replied.

“ I know, I was just joking, somehow time seems to move slowly here, how about there? ”

“ Hahaha, as far as I know the time here and there moves at the same time, but I feel you.. I wish time could move faster. I have so many movies to watch, I don't want to watch it myself ><.."

“TT”

"xixixi, it's getting late, you need to rest, tomorrow is the start of the workshop right?"

“TT”

“Xiaoting….” Yujin was exasperated because Xiaoting only replied with an emoticon.

" Okay, but  promise you won't be lost like today again... " Xiaoting replied.

" Yeah, yeah.. tomorrow I don't have a schedule with my father, so feel free if you want to spam my Kakao.. "

“ ???? ”  Xiaoting only replied with a question mark.

“ Hahaha,,, Xiaoting, it's time to sleep.. I love you.. Sweet dream, my Sunshine ”

“ I love you too, my love.. ”

Xiaoting didn't sleep right away, she scrolled through her conversation with her girlfriend again, reread their conversation, she smiled to herself.

Young Eun, who was lying on the bed next to her saw her friend's expression. 'You deserve it, Eonnie…” Young eun said in her mind.

***

“Xiaoting!!!” Call someone whose voice she knows very well. Xiaoting also turned her body towards the sound. She saw her best friend Yurina and a middle-aged woman who looked like her. When the two were in front of her, Xiaoting immediately bowed to the middle-aged woman.

"Mama, this is Xiaoting, the friend I talk about often..." The middle-aged woman immediately gave a warm smile.

"You look prettier than in the photo" Yurina’s mother immediately hugged her. Apparently Yurina's warm nature came down from her mother.

"While you two are resting, let me treat you to a meal at the most delicious restaurant in the area." Xiaoting nodded, trying to respect Yurina's mother's invitation.

"It is okay, right?" Yurina whispered, Xiaoting nod her head, "It's okay, let's go." The three of them walked to the restaurant.

Arriving at the restaurant, Mrs. Kawaguchi kept praising Xiaoting, whether it was her face, manners, manner of eating. It seemed that Yurina's mother really liked her.

“Yurina often talks about you, from her story I know you are an extraordinary person. Thank you for wanting to accompany her in Korea, I was worried when I allowed her to fly there. And thanks for accepting her orientation, I was almost afraid she wouldn't have any friends because of that." Yurina is a lucky bit, her parents can accept her as she is including her orientation. Xiaoting smiled hearing that.

“I'm the one who's thankful because Yurina was my first friend in Korea, and…” Xiaoting doubted whether she should admit her orientation as well. "I also have the same orientation .." she finally chose to open.

"ahhh.. I'm relieved, Yurina isn't alone." Mrs. Kawaguchi said  while flashing a meaningful smile at Yurina and Xiaoting.

Mrs. Kawaguchi suddenly raised her hand to call the restaurant waiter.

"Can you take a picture of the three of us, please." She gave her cell phone to the waiter.

The waiter immediately took pictures of the three of them with various poses.

"Thank you." The three of them said as the maid handed back her cell phone.

"Wow the results are very good, Xiaoting you are really beautiful .." Praise Mrs. Kawaguchi again. "My daughter is also very beautiful.." She looked at Yurina. "You guys really match .." She continued.

Hearing that, Yurina's cheeks turned red, while Xiaoting didn't know how to react, she just smiled a little, again out of respect for her best friend's mother.

***

' Two people I cherish the most  J'

Mashiro reads Yurina's Instagram caption, she posted her photo with Xiaoting and her mother. Mashiro recognized Yurina’s Mother's face because she had been introduced to her when they both returned to Japan.

"Wow, it turns out that Yurina's mother also met Xiaoting." Mashiro said. Mashiro's words attracted the attention of the friend next to her who had been busy with her book.

"Who?" Yujin asked curiously. Mashiro gave her cellphone to Yujin, showing the Instagram post she saw.

Yujin's feelings became messed up  seeing the post, especially with the caption written by Yurina.

"Who's the mother in the middle?" Yujin asked.

"That's Yurina's Mother." Mashiro replied. "Her mother was very curious to meet Xiaoting, it seems Yurina has a lot of stories about Xiaoting that she told to her mother." Yujin was still silent hearing Mashiro's story. "Yurina's mother is supportive when she knows her child's orientation... and it seems that she really wants her daughter to be with Xiaoting, I've met her once and all she asks is about Xiaoting..." Mashiro explained.

“Isn't Yurina dating Viviane?” Yujin asked, she knew Yurina and Viviane's relationship was not in good term, but she still had hope.

"Eonnie they have broken up, it's been quite a while .." Mashiro's statement added to the confusion in her heart.

She looked back at the photo on Mashiro's cellphone, 'what a perfect family photo' she thought, subconsciously she bit her fingers hard.

"eonnie.." Mashiro then grabbed Yujin's hand.

"What's wrong with you eonnie? See your finger is almost bleeding?” Mashiro asked worriedly.

"Ahh I'm just nervous about our final exam..." Yujin replied. Mashiro just shook her head in disbelief at the reason her best friend was giving.

"eonnie.." called Mashiro.

"Hmm.."

"You can tell me what happen, you always tell me... why can't you tell me now?" Mashiro asked.

"I'm sorry.." Yujin answered slowly.

"Eonnie, is she Xiaoting?" Mashiro asked.

"What do you mean?" Reply Yujin

"I already suspected that eonnie had someone who eonnie loved, eonnie always looked at the cellphone between our study times, before eonnie had never been like that. Eonnie never invites me to accompany you to watch a movie or just drink at the cafe again, before I didn't know who it was, but seeing your reaction earlier... Is she Xiaoting? the person you love?” Mashiro asked again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter