Time Lapse

Fate (English Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter is inspired by Taeyeon's Song, Time Lapse . I recommend Listening to it while reading this chapter.

 

6 years later

 

“The winner for this year's Best Dancer and Choreographer category goes to…. Shen Xiaoting… Congratulations!” The host who is also a veteran actor announced her name as the winner. Xiaoting stepped forward to give the victory speech she had prepared. Well, Xiaoting already knew she would win this category, this was her third year bringing the trophy for the same category.

"Thank you for the trust, this is my third year and I still can't believe I'll receive it again, thank you to the people who have helped me, my team, my friends, and my bosses at the agency...not to forget all my fans , I love you guys, thank you…” Applause also flooded the hall where the annual awards ceremony was held.

Now Xiaoting has returned to her apartment, the apartment in the heart of Seoul she bought with her own sweat. She deliberately chose the highest floor in the building, She wanted to feel what it was like to be at the top.

Xiaoting has now achieved her dream, the various awards and international recognition she has received are proof of that. The dream she had achieved since that incident, the incident that made her only focus on her dream, she didn't let any distractions get in her way.

Xiaoting's cell phone rang, interrupting her thoughts. 'Lots of messages coming in,' she thought. Then Xiaoting looked at the time on her cell phone.

November 12. 00.00 p.m.

"Ahh, because of that..” Xiaoting was talking to herself.

“Happy birthday to me then….” she whispered.

In the past few years she has received countless birthday wishes. Hundreds even thousands maybe or even millions if she counts fans who congratulate her on her social media. Being a famous dancer in Korea and worldwide, as well as being a choreographer who created many iconic dances popularized by famous KPOP groups made her one of the most popular celebrities. Coupled with her beautiful face, making her a magnet for fans.

Xiaoting then turned off her cellphone, a habit she always did when her birthday came. Xiaoting closed her eyes, it was a wrong decision because now she was back in memories 6 years ago on the same day.

Flash back

Xiaoting closed her eyes, making a wish on the day she got older, finished making a wish she opened her eyes, seeing a pair of eyes that had been watching her.

"Now blow out the candles.." Said the girl in front of her while giving her eye smile.

"Let's blow the candles together." Xiaoting said.

"It's your birthday..."

"But I want to blow it together with you..."

Yujin then obeyed her lover's wishes. They blew out the candles together.

"Happy birthday, Sunshine.." Yujin said then kissed her lover's lips.

"By the way, what was your request? "

"Birthday wish is supposed to be secret, honey.." Xiaoting replied.

"Hmm.. well I won't ask again .." Yujin replied pursing her lips.

Xiaoting then hugged her lover,she then brought her lips to Yujin's ear while whispering. "I wish that I always celebrate my birthday with you every year .." hearing that made Yujin bring out her best smile again.

"That’s it? I saw that you closed your eyes for a bit long, it couldn't be your only wish..” Yujin asked, hearing that Xiaoting laughed.

Xiaoting also pointed to one of the tallest buildings seen from their place. "I wish one day I can buy an apartment there, on the highest floor with my own sweat .." said Xiaoting.

"You can do it, Xiaoting. I know you can do it.." Yujin said as she grabbed Xiaoting's hand.

"Thanks Love..." Xiaoting replied.

Yujin then looked for something in the picnic basket they brought with them.

"What are you looking for?" Xiaoting asked.

"Ahh here it is.. tadaaaaa..." Yujin also showed a small box that had been circled with a ribbon. She then gave the small gift to her girlfriend.

"Wow, when did you put it in there?" Xiaoting asked.

"When you don't see, come on now open your gift .."

Xiaoting opened the gift, when she opened the small box,s he was surprised to see there was a ring inside.

“Yujinnie, you proposed to me? Isn't it too fast?" Xiaoting asked in a surprised tone.

“Hahaha… You wish! this is not for a proposal, this is just a symbol, hmm.. promise ring? Still too fast huh?” Yujin asked.

"Whatever it is, I still like it, I Love You, Yujinniee..." Yujin then put the ring on Xiaoting's finger, Xiaoting then kissed her lover again, they were lucky because the air was cold, rarely had people having a picnic in their current place.

“Xiaoting, someday I will give you a different ring… One day I will actually propose to you…” Yujin said suddenly.

"Then what if I proposed to you first?" Xiaoting replied.

"Then I will say yes.." Yujin replied again.

They both exchanged their best smiles.

End of flashback

 

Xiaoting then opened her eyes, that memories always came back every year, like it was automatically set every November 12th. She had  many birthdays, many life experiences, her life had changed a lot compared to before, but why did she seem to be standing in the same place, remembering the same name. Remembering the same face. Unknowingly, her tears flow.

Birthdays
Are always the same

Many of them have passed

I feel like I'm becoming an adult
 

But still, when I think of your name
Tears well up and when I close my eyes

I see you and even though everything changed

You're always at the same place, looking the same

Making me cry”

 

-Time Lapse, first verse-

 

***

 

“Miss Choi, I'm very impressed with your presentation, looking forward to working with you.. “

“My pleasure Mr. Johnson, looking forward to working with you too.” Yujin then shook hands with her new business partner.

Another day, another business deal.

Yujin then went back into her routine, checking all the documents that needed her authorization. Checking the budget, reviewing the reports sent by the managers. If it sees something that doesn't match its projections, she calls the corresponding InCharge and evaluates their performance. Yujin has evolved into a perfectionist CEO.

she heard someone knocking on her door.

"Come in.." Yujin said.

"Eonnie, it's almost midnight, what time will you be home?" Chaehyun asked, Chaehyun is her friend slash her secretary.

“Chaehyun, why aren't you home yet?” Yujin asked, her eyes still on the laptop in front of her.

"I'm waiting for you, Eonnie.."

"I told you, you don't have to wait for me."

Chaehyun then sighed.

"Eonnie, you need rest, it's been a week since eonnie came home late at night, tomorrow is Saturday, relax a little .." Chaehyun persuaded. Yujin, who had a soft spot for her secretary, then gave up.

"Okay… "

"Yesss.."

"You want to stay at my apartment again?" Yujin asked.

"Yes, I'm going to go with Hiyyih tomorrow. It's easier if we go directly from your apartment .." Chaehyun replied. Bahiyyih is Yujin's cousin who lives in America, now she lives together in Yujin's apartment. Coincidentally she and Chaehyun are college friends, Bahiyyih is also the one who causes Yujin and Chaehyun to be close.

"Then, I'll sort this out for a bit, okay?" Yujin pointed at the laptop screen. "You just clean up first."

"Okay eonnie, don't take too long.." Chaehyun said before leaving Yujin's room.

Yujin then quickly finished the rest of he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter