I've got sunshine on a cloudy day

Fate (English Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Like work of art, Shen Xiaoting is like Van Gogh's “sunflower” painting, depicted as a symbol of happiness for all who see it, not to mention that day, Shen Xiaoting was showing her dancing skills in front of people, in her all-white costume she was dancing in the middle of the snow hills at the ski resort that was booked to shoot the commercial she starred in. She dances gracefully, Her beautiful face and beautiful movements are like a spell to everyone to only focus on her

“OK cut! Good Job Xiaoting…” said the Director.

Xiaoting then stopped dancing when she heard the signal, of course, disappointed the crew and resort visitors who had gathered to see the performance of one of the most famous dancers in Asia and even the world. Xiaoting then gave a smile to the visitors who were willing to wait for her in the very cold air, of course it made the visitors crazy, their sunflower gives them her rare smile.

Miran and Sarang then approached her, immediately put on a coat for her, she had actually been cold for a long time but her professionalism made her have to endure the cold.

"Thank you" she said to both of them.

They took Xiaoting to one of the resort hotels that had been provided for them.

"Xiaoting, Sarang and I will sleep in the same room, you don't mind sleeping alone right?" Ask Miran.

"It's okay, Eonnie.." Xiaoting replied

"Tomorrow our shooting schedule is early in the morning, so I hope you can sleep early tonight .. " said Miran again.

Xiaoting just nodded.

"Well then, you should get some rest, okay?"

Xiaoting again just nodded.

Now Xiaoting was in her hotel room, silence surround her again.

It had been more than a week since her return from New York. Arriving in Korea, Xiaoting immediately busy with her schedule. The thing she was grateful for because it meant she had no time to think, no time to mourn.

She then remembered Taeyeon's question at that time, what will she do after Yujin is no longer by her side?

“What am I going to do? Of course I will live my life as before, everything will be fine right? "She said to herself.

"Yujin is probably having fun with..." she couldn't continue her words anymore. She then took her bag looking for something.

"I need to sleep, well I need to sleep .. " she then took her sleeping pill and drank it.

"Everything is fine when I sleep" she said again before closing her eyes.

***

Today was the first time since 6 years ago that she set foot again in her homeland. Previously she did not want to return to Korea because of someone but that person was also the reason she came back.

"Eonnie!!" She then turned around to follow the direction of the voice calling her.

"Shiro..." She said with a smile.

The two friends then hugged each other to release their longing for each other. After a while, they let go of their embrace.

"By the way, I'm mad at you!" Shiro said. "How could eonnie not notify me at all .." she said again.

"I'm sorry." Yujin said guiltily.

Mashiro then patted her best friend's shoulder.

"It's ok, eonnie. I understand.” Mashiro said while giving a smile. Yujin then returned her friend's smile.

"Shiro, thanks for picking me up at the airport..." Yujin said.

"Anything for you, eonnie.." Mashiro replied. Yujin gave a grateful smile again.

"Come on, let's find something to eat first, eonnie must be hungry.." Mashiro said again.

Yujin then held her stomach, "You're right..." she said while giving her smile again.

“hahaha.. let's go!”

***

"This is the best Shiro, nothing beats galbitang in its original place, I've looked around at Korean restaurants in New York, but nothing tastes like this!" Yujin said excitedly.

"That's why you have to go home frequently, Eonnie. "Mashiro replied.

"Ummm.. Shiro, have you met Xiaoting?" Yujin asked.

"Xiaoting hasn't even told me that she's back from New York." Mashiro immediately remembered something. "Eonnie, did you meet her there?" Mashiro asked.

Yujin then nodded. "Yes Shiro, we meet again in New York." Yujin replied.

"Eonnie, don't tell me your return to Korea has something to do with Xiaoting?" Mashiro asked again.

“Shiro, a lot of things happened in New York.” Yujin replied.

" As expected, does Eonnie have anything to do with Xiaoting's decision to extend her vacation there?" Mashiro asked again.

Yujin nodded, confirming Mashiro's guess.

"What happened, Unnie?"

Yujin told everything that happened between her and Xiaoting in New York.

“OH.MY.GOD.” The story of her two best friends always made her speechless.

"Eonnie, then what now?" Mashiro asked again.

"Now it's my turn Shiro, I will make Xiaoting come back to me." Yujin replied.

Shiro then grabbed her best friend's hand. “I support you, Eonnie. Please make it right, I want to see you guys happy, you both deserve to be happy."

"Thank you Shiro.. Thank you.." Yujin said, tightening their grip on their hands.

"Hmm Shiro, besides that I need Xiaoting's contact, I have to see her immediately"

"Of course, Unnie. I'll send the number. "Mashiro replied.

"Good Luck Eonnie .." she said again.

"Thank you Shiro..Oh well, just take me to the hotel later." Say Yujin

"Hah? Don't you have a house here?" Shiro asked in surprise.

"You know that I don't have a good relationship with my parents, even though they're still in New York, it feels weird if I have to live there." Yujin replied.

"I see, by the way you can stay at my apartment Eonnie." Shiro said again.

"You still live alone?" Yujin asked.

“'eonnie, don't make fun of me, I'm still 'alone’ “ Mashiro replied while pursing her lips.

“Hahaha.. sorry I didn't mean it like that, but it looks like I'll accept your offer. Thank you again Shiro, you are always good to me.." Yujin said.

"You are Welcome, eonnie, I'm like this too because eonnie was always nice to me" replied Mashiro.

Yujin gave her friend a genuine smile again.

***

Yujin was still pacing in the room Shiro prepared for her, she had tried to call Xiaoting's number many times, but it was always connected to Mailbox. Why did Xiaoting turn off her cell phone since morning? Is she on a job that requires her to turn off her cell phone? Is she okay? Yujin's mind was running all over the place.

She then left the room looking for Mashiro's whereabouts.  Mashiro also just came out of her room.

"Shiroo.." she said.

"Yeah, Eonnie.." Shiro replied.

"I haven't been able to contact Xiaoting since earlier, do you have a number I can call again?"

Mashiro shook her head.

"Hmm, but I know the manager, I'll try to contact her, Eonnie..." Mashiro said.

"Thank you Shiro.."

Mashiro went back to the room to get her cell phone. Yujin then went to the kitchen to get a drink in the refrigerator while waiting for Mashiro. She had already taken a sip of water when she saw Mashiro approaching her in the kitchen.

“Ok… Ok… Ok Eonnie, thanks again for the information, hahaha… yes I promise, See You Eonnie, take care. Bye .. " Mashiro said to someone on the phone. After she finished she immediately turned her attention to Yujin.

"Xiaoting is in Gangwon, she is shooting a commercial at a ski resort, it looks like she will be there until the end of this week." Mashiro said giving information to her friend.

"Do you know why she turned off her cell phone?" Yujin asked.

"I've asked Miran Eonnie, she doesn't know why Xiaoting turned off her cellphone, maybe because she wanted to focus on filming this morning, now she is resting in her hotel room. "Mashiro replied.

"Do you know where the hotel is?" Yujin asked again.

“Oak Valley Hotel and Resort.” Mashiro replied.

“Mashiro can I borrow your car? I will go there.” Yujin had no other choice, she had to meet Xiaoting soon.

"Of course eonnie, but sorry I can't go with you, I still have work to do." Says Mashiro

"It's okay Shiro, thank you" Yujin once again gave her friend a grateful smile.

"Eonnie, be careful, the journey there is quite far."

"It must be Shiro, I must be in one piece when I meet Xiaoting." Yujin said with sparkling eyes, looking forward to meeting Xiaoting.

"Once again I pray for the happiness of both of you." Mashiro said sincerely.

"Thank you, Shiro. "

***

Xiaoting felt bored at the hotel, she decided to take a walk in the resort area without Miran knowing. She was amazed by the view of this resort which she thought was 'magical', especially the snow that covered the entire resort area and the forest that surrounded it gave it an additional 'magic'.

She continued to look around, She continued to climb up the hill to a less dense forest area. 'as long as it's not too far away it should be fine' she thought. The atmosphere there was very quiet, perhaps because the birds were migrating looking for a warmer place in the other hemisphere. But Xiaoting really enjoyed this silence, somehow she feels calm . As if someone was whispering to her, Xiaoting continued to walk far away trying to find another calm, far enough that when she turned her body to return to the resort she suddenly felt confused where to go back 'I just followed the direction where I came right? but earlier which direction did I take? right or left?' she thought again. Xiaoting then regretted her carelessness.

“This isn't funny at all, why should I get lost at a time like this? Stupid stupid, stupid Xiaoting..” She cursed herself.

It was getting dark and Xiaoting still couldn't find her way back to the resort.

"Should I just keep quiet, maybe Miran eonnie has realized I'm not at the hotel and has already told people to look for me. Damn, why is it getting colder now?” Xiaoting said.

She also looked for a warmer place, 'and if there is any' she thought, Xiaoting had never felt this hopeless.

After walking for a while, Xiaoting found a traditional Korean house that seemed to be uninhabited. 'What a coincidence, like in the movies' she said to herself.

Xiaoting approached the house, 'hmm it's not locked, it's a little scary but I'm more afraid of freezing to death than having to be afraid of ghosts for now' she thought when she saw the state of the house which only had one small room.

Xiaoting then sat in one corner of the room, she pressed her body, hugged her knees with both hands and brought them close to her chest, in an effort to warm her body.

Xiaoting then took a very long breath.

"What do I do?" Again she regretted her carelessness, she didn't even bring her cell phone this time.

Xiaoting was already starting to feel sleepy when she heard the sound of footsteps approaching, she immediately panicked for fear that bad people would enter the house, she then stood up looking for something she could use as a weapon. She then saw a piece of wood in one corner,’ Maybe left by the owner of the house' she thought, she then took the wood.

Xiaoting was already holding onto the wood and ready to beat up any bad people who would enter the house. Then she saw a light along with someone's shadow, because of her fear she immediately pointed the wood at the person after the person started to enter the house.

"Oww hurt ..."

'That voice' Xiaoting thought. She immediately threw the wood she was holding when she realized who the owner of the voice was.

"Yujin?" the person she called her name immediately removed her head cover that she purposely wore when the snow had started to fall.

“Xiaoting? Oh Thanks God..” Yujin reflexively hugged Xiaoting.

"Why are you so fond of making me worry, what are you doing here?" Yujin asked in a worried tone. “Please, don't ever do this again…” Yujin then cried in Xiaoting's arms. Xiaoting who was actually still confused by the presence of the woman she loved could only her hair trying to calm her down. Then she remembered what had happened.

"Are your hands okay?" she remembered that the wood seemed to hit Yujin's hand, she immediately checked Yujin's hand which was starting to turn red. "Oh My God, I'm sorry Yujin.." Xiaoting said feeling guilty.

"It's ok, Xiaoting.." Yujin then grabbed Xiaoting's hand. "It's ok" she repeated as she touched Xiaoting's cold cheek.

Xiaoting nodded, she then invited Yujin to sit in her place earlier. They are now sitting side by side. Luckily, Yujin had taken the initiative to bring a lamp so the two of them didn't have to be in the dark.

"Xiaoting, are you okay?" Yujin asked.

" I must look stupid in your eyes.." Xiaoting replied. Yujin immediately drew herself closer to Xiaoting's body so that there was no distance between them. She then grabbed Xiaoting's hand, intertwined their fingers.

"Your hands are so cold, how long have you been here?" Yujin asked again, Xiaoting just shook her head.

"Xiaoting, I'm sorry.." Yujin said again.

"Nothing's wrong Yujin, you shouldn't be here, what will your husband think later.." Xiaoting said in a low voice.

Yujin  sighed.

“Xiaoting, what are you thinking?” Yujin did not respond to Xiaoting's words. “You know how worried I was when I got here I found people were looking for you. You didn't even bring your cell phone! And then your manager told me that she found a lot of sleeping pills in your room! Xiaoting what are you doing?!” Yujin said in a trembling voice. “ I even thought what if I lost you, I can't, I can't lose you, Xiaoting.. How can I live in this world without you in it? I can't even imagine it!” Now Yujin couldn't hold back her tears. Seeing that Xiaoting hugged the woman she loved.

"I'm sorry, I really never had any intention of going there, the sleeping pills only helped me sleep, I had no intention of doing any further..." Xiaoting said.

"But you've already finished half the container, how many capsules have you taken?" Yujin asked again.

"Sometimes I drink more when I'm really having trouble sleeping." She answered again, suddenly ashamed of herself.

Yujin then let go of her embrace, she then held Xiaoting's face with both hands "Xiaoting, it's dangerous .. " she said softly

"Forgive me." Xiaoting replied.

Yujin shook her head. "I should be the one apologizing, Xiaoting please look into my eyes."

Yujin's words were like magic to Xiaoting, she looked directly into Yujin's eyes.

"I never married Minhyuk, that day I chased you to the airport, but I was late. I'm sorry I didn't contact you right away, because I thought I had to take care of my business in New York first, I thought I should talk to you directly, not over the phone, but I think I was wrong…”

Xiaoting then shed tears hearing Yujin's explanation. Yujin swiftly wiped the tears from her favorite face.

"So you're not married?" Xiaoting asked.

“Nope, I can't, when the priest asked me about my commitment, I remembered my promise to someone. I promised her to replace the ring on her finger..” Now Yujin's finger touched the ring that was still attached to Xiaoting's finger. "How can I keep my promise if I marry someone else .." She said again.

A smile appeared on Xiaoting's face for the first time.

"Xiaoting, I love you..." Yujin said softly.

Only Choi Yujin could make Shen Xiaoting who was smiling before then burst into tears in a matter of seconds. Those three words, the three words Xiaoting had been waiting for finally came out from the lips of the woman she loved so much. How she missed hearing Choi Yujin say those words again.

“Hey, why are you crying? Yujin hugged Xiaoting again.

"Can you repeat?" Xiaoting said again. Yujin then tightened their hug.

“I love you Xiaoting. Yesterday, today, tomorrow, forever.” replied Yujin whispering in Xiaoting's ear.

Xiaoting then whispered something back in Yujin's ear. “I love you too, my love”

They hugged for a long time.

"I'm getting sleepy. ' said Xiaoting.

"It's very cold here Xiaoting, we can't sleep, it will be dangerous for our bodies." Yujin said. She then checked her cell phone. "There's no signal and it's already snowing outside. We have to wait until tomorrow morning. " she said.

She then dug into her coat. "Oh thank goodness. eat this first." She then gave the bread to Xiaoting, for some reason at the hotel she still had time to think about taking the bread with her.

"You do not eat? Or should we split it in two?” Xiaoting asked. Yujin shook her head.

"I've eaten one on the way here .. " she answered. Hearing that Xiaoting, who was really hungry, immediately devoured her food.

“By the way how did you find me? And come to think of it why are you looking for me alone? It's just as dangerous, Yujin!” Xiaoting said.

“I also don't know how to get here, I was just thinking if I were a Shen Xiaoting where would I go, and there seems to be some magic power directing me to where you are ” Yujin replied with a shrug. "And I'm too panicked to ask someone to go with me, at least I brought a lamp and bread." She said defending herself.

"Tskckck, I don't know what to say?" Xiaoting replied.

"Never mind, the important thing is that I can find you." Yujin said. Xiaoting nodded not wanting to prolong the debate.

"How about we play a game?" Xiaoting said suddenly. "Since we can't sleep, we have to do something." she suggested.

"What games?" Yujin asked again.

"Truth or Dare?" Xiaoting replied.

"I no longer have the energy to carry out the challenge." Yujin said.

"Hmm how about Truth or Truth?" asked Xiaoting

"Is there a game like that?"

"I created." Xiaoting said again.

"Alright, then start with you." Yujin finally agreed with Xiaoting's proposal.

"Remember to be honest... Hmm, have you ever done 'that' with anyone other than me?" Xiaoting asked deliberately making a quoting motion with her two fingers to clarify.

“Yaaah!! This is only the first question, but you already asked such a thing?” Yujin protested.

"Hey remember the rules, no protest and you have to be honest." Xiaoting replied.

"Hmm.. never, I've only ever done it with you. Satisfied?" Yujin replied. Xiaoting let out the biggest smile.

"Yass!! Hahaha." She then laughed happily.

"Now it's my turn, my question is the same as yours.." Now it's Yujin's turn to test the woman's honesty.

“ No one dares to touch this smooth body other than you . Xiaoting replied with a mischievous smile. Seeing that, of course, made Yujin's cheeks blush.

“Hahaha.. your cheeks are so red, honey.. ahh it's so nice to be able to call you that again …” Xiaoting said. Yujin smiled at Xiaoting's words.

"Now it's my turn again, when did you first fall in love with me?" Xiaoting asked now in a softer tone.

"Maybe I didn't realize it right away, but if you look at it, I actually fell in love the first time I saw you dancing on stage." Yujin answered honestly.

"Is that true?" Xiaoting asked which was answered by Yujin's nod. Xiaoting then grabbed Yujin's hand again, tightly gripping her hand.

"Thanks for waiting, sorry I realized it took so long." Xiaoting said.

"It's okay, the wait is worth it ." Yujin replied." You are my sunshine on my cloudy day ” said Yujin again.

“ Then, you are my Sunflower, that always turn to the sunshine, always stand proud, tall and straight even when your head full of seeds .” Xiaoting replied quoting one of the quotes she had read. Maybe to other people Xiaoting is their Sunflower, but to Xiaoting, Yujin is her Sunflower.

“ I think I've heard that quote somewhere ..” Yujin commented.

"Yaaah! You can't be romanticized a bit.." Xiaoting replied.

"Hahaha.. umm now it's my turn." Yujin's expression then turned serious. “Six years ago, what happened? why did you kiss Yurina?” Yujin asked. The atmosphere changed. Xiaoting paused for a moment to think.

"I'll be honest, 6 years ago before we parted, I was in the phase of the most indecisive. I seem to be faced with two choices, not a choice between you and Yurina, because if you ask me again I will not hesitate to choose you. At that time I had to choose to live easily without the person I love or live a difficult life with the person I love, my young age at that time affected my judgment, until without me realizing it when I kissed Yurina back, it meant that I had decided to choose first option." Xiaoting then paused for a moment reminiscing about her painful past.

“Then I realized, my choice not only hurt you but hurt me too. When you asked to separate from me, I immediately regretted my decision. I do live an easy life and even I can reach my dreams easily, but never o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter