Nine

Marry Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9 | Lies

 

***

 

Stepping out of the van, Seohyun adjusted her sunglasses and smirked as she walks inside the hospital. She don't want to be obvious about Sunny so she didn't ask about her to the doe-eyed. Instead, she wanted to know her, secretly, and maybe she can talk to her about it.

 

"Omo, are you here to visit doctor Im?" But even though she wears sunglasses, the nurse at the front desk recognizes her.

 

"Um, I'm here for a different person. Can you tell me where's Nurse Lee? Or can you tell I'm looking for her?"

 

"Are you talking about his friend, Lee Sunny?" The nurse checks on the computer.

 

"Yes." 

 

"Give me a second."

 

Seohyun smiled briefly and look around, hoping she won't see the doe-eyed. But he goes to the hospital early so he's probably in the operating room. 

 

"She's off duty today." The nurse informed. 

 

"Can you lend me her address?" She asks softly.

 

"I'm sorry but we don't-"

 

"I'll give you an autograph and take a picture with you." She interrupted to offer her in exchange for the address. "I'm a friend of her friend, so I have no bad intentions." She added, flashing a genuine smile.

 

The nurse trailed off before she nodded. "Just an autograph will do." She hastily took her album from the drawer and handed it. "Han Yerim." She smiled cutely at the young superstar.

 

Seohyun smiled back. "Can I borrow a pen?"

 

"Oh yeah." Quick, the nurse handed it.

 

While signing the album, she glanced at the nurse and smiled. The latter has her last year's album, she's flattered. She must be part of the fan club. "Thank you." She handed the album and got the address written on a note. She bowed and turned when she spotted Yoong, coming in. She immediately hides behind a potted plant. "Aish, why does he has to leave the hospital?" She peek and saw him talking with another doctor near the entrance. "Damn, how am I going to leave?"

 

She groaned and just decided to wait as she took her seat on the floor. She smiled awkwardly at the nurse nearby and hush her. The nurse understood and keep quiet.

 

After a while, Yoong finally proceed to the elevator. She bowed to the nurse and hurriedly runs outside.

 

Just as she stepped inside the car, her phone rings. She gradually took it out just to see the doe-eyed's contact ID flashing on the screen. "Hey, Yoongie-ah." She answered, smiling brightly.

 

[Did you visit the hospital?]

 

"Huh? Um, nope. Wae?" She mentally scolded herself. 

 

[I thought I saw you running out of the hospital before the lift closes. I was probably just seeing the same figure as you.] 

 

"Yeah, you know I'm busy recording." She chuckled nervously.

 

[Indeed. Anyway see lunch date?]

 

"Yup. See you later." She ended the call hastily and heaved an exhale. "Babo." She hit her own forehead before turning on the engine and drives off carefully.

 

-

 

It took her an hour and fifteen minutes of drive before she reached the address. But since the road is small, she decided to leave her car near the park and search for the block number written on the note. "Wait this road." Much to her realization, it's the same neighborhood as the doe-eyed's house. She reached the Im's household in no time and continue her walk. 

 

"Ahjussi, can I ask something?" She block an old man from walking to ask.

 

"Yes, what is it young lady?" 

 

"Um, where can I find this number?" She figured there are a lot of house ahead and it may take some time if she doesn't know where to go. Especially that there are a lot of crossroads.

 

"Oh, just go straight and you will see a 24/7 convenience store. That block is just next to it."

 

"Thanks for your time, Ahjussi." She bowed in gratefulness and continue her walk for another five minutes until she saw the store. The old man earlier was right when she finally saw 515 on someone's gate. She rang the doorbell casually and waited patiently.

 

After a few minutes, a woman in her thirties came out. "What can I help you?" 

 

"Um, is this Lee Sunny's home?" She asks, flashing a friendly smile.

 

"Who am I talking to? My sister is still sleeping but I can wake her up for you."

 

"Tell her Seo Joohyun is outside." 

 

"Omo, Seo Joohyun that singer?" 

 

She nodded. "Yes." 

 

"Hold on a second." The woman left in a hurry. 

 

Seohyun waited only a minute as Sunny comes out, yawning. "Unnie, can I talk to you?"

 

"Seohyun-ssi? What can I do for you?" Sunny approached her on the game, unlocking it. 

 

"Is it okay if grab some snack at the convenience store?" Seohyun finds it inappropriate to talk in the gate.

 

"Oh yeah, where's my manners." Sunny stands corrected. She leads the young singer to the convenience store and bought just bread and banana milk for the both of them. "What is this about?" She asks as she drinks her milk and took a big bite of the bread.

 

Seohyun opened the lid of her milk casually. "Do you happened to know about an accident that involves Tiffany Young?" She began as she put her sunglasses down, doesn't want to waste time. 

 

"Yoong's... Late girlfriend?" Sunny is stunned to learn the young singer knows about it. "How'd you know about that?"

 

"He... Shared it to me." Seohyun replied. 'She doesn't seemed like caught off guard.' She thought as she observes her reaction.

 

"I see." Sunny nodded gently. "So?"

 

"Did you saw what happened?"

 

"How would I see it when I was in the hospital during that time. Yoong only told me that Tiffany crashed with another car. Unfortunately he didn't see the driver of the car. He came a bit late and brought his girlfriend to the hospital."

 

"He was there?" Seohyun didn't expect to hear it. "I thought he was in the hospital too and greeted the rescuer."

 

"He didn't tell you?" Sunny chuckled. "He was the one who save his own son."

 

The new information took Seohyun by surprise. 'So that blue scrub... It was him.' She realized, couldn't believe it. She heaved an exhale and chuckle bitterly. 'He was there. Why didn't I recognize him.'

 

"Why are you curious? I mean, you really came here just for this?" Sunny's smirked at her. 'She saw the footage.'

 

"I was simply just curious." Seohyun flashes a friendly smile. "You know, I can't let him share more details about it when it's a sensitive topic for him. Thanks for telling me and for sparing me your time, Unnie. Um, that's all." She took her sunglasses and wear it again before she got up and turn when she heard her voice.

 

"Did you see a video?" Sunny's voice is calm.

 

'I knew it. It's her.' Turning around, Seohyun raised her eyebrows. "What kind of video?"

 

Sunny scoffed and took another gulp of her milk. "You guys are everywhere on the internet. I can't believe my friend's life has changed that fast. Everyone knows him now."

 

"Yeah, it was indeed too fast."

 

"You must be having fun lying towards the public." 

 

Seohyun was taken aback by her cryptic words. "I don't... Know what you're talking about Unnie." And it got nervous.

 

Sunny chuckled softly. "You know you made him lie to the public about knowing you before the concert even happened. But I guess you guys like each other now." 

 

"Yoong is a good person. He isn't hard to like." Seohyun smiled confidently. 

 

"Chincha? What about you?" Sunny smirks. 

 

"You are my fan, aren't you? You know me before he do."

 

"Yeah, I was your fan not until you stole his time to me." Mumbles Sunny, sighing in the process.

 

"Yes?" Seohyun wasn't able to hear it.

 

"Nothing. Thanks for taking care of him by the way. I didn't regret being your fan." 

 

"My pleasure." Bowing, She turns and finally left. She literally exhaled so loud as she stops on her track once she was far enough. "She's playing dumb. I didn't know she could ask me like that. Tsk." She resumes her walk back to the car peacefully. 

 

But just as she the engine, her phone rang and an unknown number flashed on the screen. "Is this her?" She got nervous but still answer the call nonetheless. "Hello?"

 

[Ms. Seo?]

 

"Yes. Who am I talking to?" She doesn't know the voice but the way it addresses her seems like it isn't Sunny.

 

[This is Teacher Kim from Woojin's school. Can you fetch him today? Um, he had a fight with his classmate earlier and doesn't want to go back to the classroom anymore.]

 

"Omo, chincha? Please send me the location of the school." She hurriedly hangs up and drives off.

 

-

 

Seohyun hastily stepped out of the car and jogs towards the school entrance. Woojin is with his teacher when she arrives. 

 

"I'm sorry for bothering you, Seohyun-ssi. His father isn't answering. I'm glad he save your number to Woojin's phone and I was able to call you." The teacher explained.

 

"Thanks, teacher kim." She said, smiling friendly. She crouches down and checks on the pouting young boy. "Aigoo, it's going to be okay, Woojin-ah." She assures, holding his hands. He has a bandaid on his right brow, which seems to be the cut.

 

"I didn't punch him." Woojin mumbled to defend himself. 

 

"It was the other kid who hurt him first." The teacher explained. "Don't worry I already lectured him and his parents promised to do the same to him.

 

"I see." Seohyun nodded. She fixes Woojin's hair and wipes the dirt on his cheek.

 

"I'm sorry, Noona." Said Woojin, looking down at his shoes.

 

"Hey, you don't have to say that. Woojin defended himself, didn't he? I'm so proud of you." She smiled proudly. "Where do you want to go?" She feels not bringing him at home since it's still early.

 

"Home?" Woojin still wears a pout.

 

"Hmm, how about... amusement park?" She suggested causing the little boy to brighten.

 

"Can we, Noona?"

 

"Of course. Seohyun Noona has a lot of time today, you know."

 

Woojin hugs her and kissed her cheek. "Let's go Noona." He excitedly says.

 

Getting up, Seohyun bowed to the teacher and takes his hand. "Let's have some fun!" she shouted with one hand up as they walk to the car, earning laughter from Woojin.

 

-

 

Bowing to the last patient he visited, Yoong walked out of the ward together with the other doctors. His mind crosses about the lunch date immediately and he took his phone out to scroll down his contacts but he receives a message from her that stopped him from walking. He opens it and was greeted by photos. 

 

"What?" He couldn't believe his eyes, his son is with her, having fun in an amusement park. "Did she ditch our lunch date?" He chuckled, loving the photos nonetheless. They took a lot of pictures together, including riding the merry-go-round and having ice cream together. "The ice cream lovers finally meet." He resumed his walk but instead of going to the office, he turns to the cafeteria. He doesn't mind having lunch alone if his loved ones are happy on their date. 

 

Placing the tray of food on the table, he took his phone back and types a message he sent to Seohyun.

 

-

 

Seohyun and Woojin are having fried chicken in a restaurant inside the amusement when she received a text from his father.

 

YoongHusband: Don't forget to buy something for me too :)

 

"He's jealous, isn't he?" She giggles. "Woojin-ah, can you pose with the chicken? Let's tease your father." She instructed excitedly.

 

Woojin took the drumstick and hold it next to his face, flashing a wide grin towards her.

 

"Aigoo, too cute." She commented and took a picture of him. "Jjang." Then gives him a thumb up. He resumed to his food while she send the picture to the father. 

 

-

 

Yoong has started enjoying his vegetable salad when he received the reply. Without putting the fork down, he opens it with his free hand.

 

hyunwifey: Araso. Do you want chicken?

 

"Aish, too cute." He smiled widely and save the picture to his gallery right away before he sent his reply.

 

-

 

YoongHusband: Not spicy. And mash potato.

 

"Tsk, he even demanded." Seohyun mumbled and didn't bother to reply anymore as she returns to her meal.

 

-

 

After drinking his glass of water, Yoong heard his phone beeps causing him to immediately turn his attention to it but he didn't expect Sunny's message.

 

Nurse Lee: Did you see any video this week?

 

"What is she saying?" He's confused and decided to call her. "What video are you talking about?" He asks once she picks up his call.

 

[I mean, something like a video from an unknown sender.]

 

"I never received one. Yah, are you drunk?" He chuckled, finds it funny for her to randomly ask.

 

[I see. So she deleted it.]

 

"Huh?" He's totally confused. "Who, she?"

 

[Nevermind. Hehe. See you on my next duty.]

 

The call ended, leaving him dumbfounded. "Did she just wake up or what?"

 

"Doctor Im, Seohyun-ssi seems to be getting closer with your son." A nurse suddenly approaches him just to tell him. 

 

Yoong was puzzled for a couple of seconds and then he realized they were in a public place. "Tsk. As long as my son is having fun." He mumbles, can't do anything about it. "Wait." He took his phone back and reviewed the photos. He finally noticed the bandaid on Woojin's brow. "What happened to this?" That got him concerned and curious.

 

-

 

It's been an hour since he began pacing back and forth, waiting for Seohyun's car to arrive but he's still doing the same. His training as a doctor is really helping him to be patient. That it's okay to wait for long for a patient to wake up, so he can say his surgery was a success.

 

Moments later he can finally see a black car slowly approaching. He knows her plate number that he's confident it's already them.

 

The window from the driver's seat rolled over. Seohyun greeted him with a smile. 

 

"Your little one is asleep." She told him as she parked the car carefully.

 

Yoong opened the door from the backseat once it was unlocked. "Woojin-ah." He gently shakes his son's arm. "You're home honey." 

 

"Guess what? You have to carry him without waking him up." Seohyun said as she turned at the back.

 

"What happened to his brow?" Yoong finally got the chance to ask.

 

"Oh, his classmate hit him. He defended himself that it leads to that." 

 

"I see. Is this the reason you were with him?" 

 

Seohyun nodded gently. "You're not answering so they called me." 

 

"Appa." Woojin is slowly gaining his consciousness. He immediately recognized his father and smiled cutely. "Had a great day." He couldn't help and mention.

 

"Yeah, I can see it. You're exhausted." Yoong chuckled softly, unbuckling his son's seat belt. "After getting into a fight?"

 

Woojin pouts. "I'm sorry, Appa."

 

"It's okay. As long as you didn't start it." Yoong flashed a warm smile, rubbing his son's head briefly. He stepped out and Woojin followed.

 

"Appa, Seohyun Noona sleeping over again?" Woojin grinned as he looked up at him.

 

He looked at Seohyun in the eyes. "Are you?"

 

"I don't think I can, Woojin-ah." Seohyun shakes her head. "I have a schedule tomorrow." 

 

"Okay. Next time." Woojin doesn't mind. He still smiled and approach her.

 

"Good night, Woojinnie." She said, crouching down, and received his hug.

 

"Good too, Seohyun Noona." Said Woojin, pulling back to kiss her on the cheek. 

 

"Good night, Seohyun-ssi." Said Yoong as he steps forward and hug her briefly. "Thanks for today." 

 

"No problem." Seohyun smiled sweetly, stepping back inside her car. But she remembers the box of chicken and handed it to him before leaving.

 

"You really brought me this." Yoong chuckled, a bit shy. 

 

"Appa let's eat!"

 

"Yah, it'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter