Three

Marry Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

3 | Mother

***

 

The music playing in the background suddenly stops. Everyone returned to their seats and the lights turned off with only one focusing on their mini stage.

 

"What is happening?" Mumbled Seohyun looking around. She found his father and the latter shrugged.

 

"Someone's probably going to surprise you." Yoong could guess since she's very friendly and loved by many.

 

"Who would that be?" Seohyun doesn't have any idea at all.

 

Just then, someone with a guitar climbed to the stage. Everyone is smiling when they recognized Taehyung.

 

Seohyun's eyes widened and her heart skipped a beat. She suddenly felt a hold on her left hand, she turned to meet Yoong's eyes.

 

"It'll be fine." Whispered Yoong earning a small nod and smile from the young singer.

 

Seohyun sighs. She's glad he is with her and she is relaxed in her seat.

 

Taehyung takes his seat as he checks on the mic. "Good evening fellas." He greeted, flashing a sincere smile, especially to Seohyun. "I know I shouldn't be here. But I have an invitation too so I didn't think of it twice. I want to dedicate this song to my beloved, Seohyun. I hope you guys love this too." He ended it with a glance to the young singer.

 

As he strums the guitar, he started singing. Everyone especially the girls is in love with him.

 

She looks like a blue parrot

Would you come fly to me?

I want some good day, good day, good day

 

'That song.' Seohyun unconsciously remembered how the song was created. It was during their Jeju trip together. They were so carefree. No paparazzi around and just them, like they own the whole island. It was one of the best vacations they had when Taehyung have written a song for her.

 

Her hold on Yoong's hand tightened as she looked down, couldn't continue to watch him. It just brings pain and more pain the more he sings. It was suddenly hard to breathe and she started to rub her chest.

 

"Do you want to go somewhere?" Yoong noticed and got worried.

 

"Please." Seohyun huskily replied.

 

Getting up, Yoong gently guided her out of the ballroom. Thankfully and everyone is focused on him, no one noticed besides Jessica from her seat. But she understands and decided to stay.

 

He brought her to the pool which is empty and the moment. He guided her to take a seat on one of the benches and the latter let out a huge exhale once she was out and can breathe properly again.

 

"Thank you." Said Seohyun softly.

 

"Wait." But Yoong thought of a drink and he left to get her. He returned just a minute and handed it to her.

 

Seohyun took her time drinking the bottle of water. And once she's done, she smiled genuinely at the doe-eyed. "I'm sorry for worrying you."

 

"I can relate. I mean, watching an ex is never easy, especially since it's still fresh. The pain is still there, isn't it?"

 

She nodded and sighs. "I didn't know what changed him. We were like a happy couple back then. I thought we would end up together."

 

"Temptation." Yoong didn't even hesitate. "You know there are guys who can't resist that. And I think you two have been together for years. He possibly falls out of love with you." he sighs afterward.

 

"Yeah, I guess so." Chuckled Seohyun. Her eyes are on the pool. "You know, he had been so distant lately. Well, he was on concert tours for a month. That probably gives him the time to change."

 

Yoong bobs his head gently. "It's really hard to work a relationship if you guys both hardly meet."

 

Seohyun is surprised and she looked at him back. "You sound like you have experienced a lot."

 

"I had a girlfriend. I could totally relate."

 

"How many years were you guys?" She got interested in his dating life.

 

Yoong paused as he got hesitant to share. But since they're already talking about an ex, it's time to open up some things. "Almost a decade." He softly began as his eyes are on the pool while Seohyun is staring at him. "She was the first crush I mentioned. We started dating during our third year in college. She was bubbly just like you. But you know, relationships are not perfect. We had a lot of fights especially when I can't answer her calls."

 

"She's a medical student too?"

 

"Yes." He sighs. "We also went to the same hospital."

 

"Omo, then she's a surgeon in Eunha." Seohyun exclaimed. "Did I missed to see her?" But she got worried. She might create a fight later when she visits him.

 

"She died four years ago." Yoong shared with a little smile.

 

Seohyun is speechless. "I'm... I'm sorry to hear that." s

 

"Nah, it's okay. It's been years." Yoong assuredly says. "I have already moved on." He smiled again at her as he thought of his son who never fails to make him happy.

 

"Life is really short."

 

"You bet." He shrugs his shoulders.

 

"That's why every day, I want to make sure I enjoyed it." A bright smile plastered Seohyun's lips. Being positive keeps her relaxed always.

 

"Yeah! That's the spirit!" Yoong chuckled. "We never know when is our time, right?"

 

"Absolutely." Seohyun laughs and suddenly she got an idea. She got up and pull the doe-eyed up on his feet. "You want to have some fun?"

 

"Yes?" Yoong tried to react but the young singer has already pulled him forcefully as she jumps to the pool which made him do the same. "Yah!" He's glad he can swim. "Are you crazy?"

 

Seohyun laughs. "Doesn't this make you happy?" Then without warning, she pushes the water towards the doe-eyed, splashing water on him. "Swimming on wedding dress has never been this fun."

 

Yoong close his eyes tight as he tried to also do the same. "Yah, stop!" But she's so fast that a lot of water is coming his way. "Aish!" He keeps rubbing off on his face until he decided to come close to her. He dives and swims up to catch her with his arms around her. 
 

Seohyun involuntarily stops as she hugs him around his neck. "Thank you. I feel so good now." Whispered her.

 

Yoong nodded. "Anything for you." He whispered back. He doesn't know but he's protective over her.

 

Pulling back a little, Seohyun looked into his eyes and his lips. Their eyes are both intent. Her heart raced as she was reminded of their kiss last time at her concert. She can still remember how good it was. "Yoong-ssi." But before she can crash their lips again, he beat her. She automatically close her eyes and parted her lips to kiss him back, sensually.

 

Yoong nibbles on her lips and so as her. It was slow and light at first then it got deeper as they explore each other's mouths.

 

Both can't help and moan in between their lips.

 

Seohyun doesn't know but he's like a drug, she can't stop. He makes her feel so damn good. They're in the pool but it feels so hot out of a sudden.

 

Yoong is feeling the same. The race of his heart is unbelievable. But she's making him really want more that he decided to stop just as they needed air.

 

Seohyun smiled while catching her breath and loved the way their faces are so red at the moment.

 

"You're so beautiful." Whispered Yoong as he lightly kissed her lips.

 

"And you are so handsome." Seohyun softly says, she peck on his lips too and they both giggle.

 

"Ahem." Jessica coughed nearby, taking their attention towards her.

 

Yoong immediately let go of the young singer and smile awkwardly at the blonde.

 

"You guys change clothes. You guys can't face the guests like that." Jessica said and meaningfully smiled at the two before she left them.

 

Seohyun smiled awkwardly at Yoong as well. "Let's go." She swims to the corner and he followed right after.

 

-

 

After changing into his new tuxedo, Yoong headed straight to the party and find Seohyun is now sitting with her friends while a photographer is taking pictures. The party seems to be ending with a photoshoot with the guests. Since he doesn't have any guests at all, he just quietly take his seat to an empty chair and watches them. 

 

"Aren't you ashamed?" Taehyung approaches him.

 

"Ashamed of what?" Yoong simply replied.

 

"You don't even have any guests, not even your family is here."

 

"Is it necessary?" He asks smugly.

 

Taehyung scoffs. "You are not proud of your family. Aren't you?"

 

"They're a private persons."

 

"And you guys meet months ago? Really? Tsk, Seohyun probably teach you how to lie."

 

"What did you say?" Yoong didn't like the tone of his voice as well as his words that he stood up and glared at him. "Say that again ad you will regret it." He dared.

 

Taehyung steps closer so their faces are inches apart. "Stop your delusions. She will return to me." He reminded firmly as he smirk and intentionally bump his shoulders, walking pass at him.

 

Yoong attempted to follow him but Jessica was just nearby and stopped him. 

 

"You can't create trouble, Doctor Im. You know this will immediately be on social media. Don't mind him, he's trying to provoke you." Jessica said and let go of his wrist slowly.

 

"How did Seohyun like that guy?" Yoong couldn't understand.

 

"Taehyung isn't like that before. I don't know what happened and he's like that now." Jessica let out a sigh.

 

Sighing, Yoong checks his phone but realizes it's already past nine. He thought of his son, right away. "Um, can you tell Seohyun I have to leave first?" 

 

"Where are you going?" 

 

"I just need to go home now. Please tell her my apologies." Without waiting for her response, Yoong hurriedly leaves the ballroom.

 

Jessica raised her eyebrows, wondering what made the young doctor leave early. She thought he would even stay until midnight. Or sleep with Seohyun. "The room seems to be wasted." Mumbled her and decided to go to Seohyun's side.

 

-

 

Walking out of the bathroom on her bathrobe, Seohyun was greeted by Jessica's teasing smiles. 

 

"What?" She chuckled and take her seat in front of the mirror.

 

"What happened on the pool?"

 

"What are you talking about?" She laughs, pretending she doesn't know. She casually dries her drench hair with the hairdryer.

 

"Well, you will probably just tell me it's just a kiss. But damn, SEO JOOHYUN! That's the second time! And you guys were into it. I felt like I watched a couple, making out." Jessica exclaimed. She stood up and approaches her from behind.

 

"I don't know what happened... I just really... You know, his gazes, there was something that I want to kiss him right there. He was the one who initiated it first you know." Seohyun answered nonchalantly but her cheeks started to blush, remembering the kiss. 

 

"Don't fall to it immediately. So you can resist him." Jessica randomly advised. "But I don't mind if you end up falling in love with him. He's really a good person."

 

"I know right? He makes me feel so comfortable already." Seohyun couldn't deny it.

 

"That means, we won't have any problem with him in the upcoming filming schedule."

 

"Oh yeah, did the cameraman followed us on the pool?"

 

"I didn't see anyone there besides you guys. That won't be included on the first episode."

 

"Aish, too bad." Seohyun pouted cutely.

 

"And you really want everyone to see that?" Jessica chuckled in disbelief. She didn't expect to hear it from her.

 

"Yah, you know our relationship is for the show." Seohyun reminded, briefly glaring at the older.

 

"I know but, that was an intimate moment of you guys. That should stay private." Taking the brush, Jessica helps her brush her smooth long hair. 

 

Seohyun pause for a moment, thinking it through and she ends up nodding in agreement to Jessica. "Indeed." A tiny smile formed her lips as she recalls the kiss again.

 

Jessica smiled as well. She's happy for her. But she hopes she won't think about the show sometimes too.

 

Her phone beeps and she immediately checks to read Yul's message: I got it.

 

"Yul Oppa?" Seohyun can already guess based on Jessica's smile.

 

"Yup. He's asking for dinner." Jessica put her phone back in her pocket as her attention returned to the young singer.

 

"A late dinner?" 

 

"He just got off from work." She explained, gently brushing Seohyun's hair again. "Will you be okay if I left for a while?" 

 

"Of course I do! Go ahead and get your ex back!" Seohyun giggles earning a playful hit from her manager.

 

"I told the hotel security to look after you. So don't worry about getting a random knock on the door." Jessica informs as she gives the brush back. "I'll be back before you know it."

 

"Don't think bout me. Enjoy your second dinner, Unnie." Seohyun teases earning rolling of eyes from her as she left her room. She sighs once she's out as her attention returned to the mirror. "Why did he leave early though?" But her mind crossed about the doe-eyed. She thought she could spend more time with him but she was turned down. "He probably forgot something." She shrugs.

 

-

 

Yul's lips formed into a wide smile as soon as he spotted Jessica outside. He waved at her and she also spotted her before she enters the convenience store. 

 

Jessica bought two banana milk and corndogs before she approached the young detective. 

 

"You really haven't changed." Chuckled Yul, taking a bite on the corndog.

 

"Where is it?" Jessica asks as she also took a big bite of her snack.

 

Pushing the envelope close to the blonde next to her, Yul tilted his head to face her. "He hasn't told Seohyun, has he?"

 

Jessica's heart skipped a beat upon hearing it and she immediately opened the envelope. "He really... has a child." She slowly said, can't believe that Yoong is a single dad. She's staring at the picture of his son. "He's cute though. They look exactly the same. He has doe-eyes too." She smiled giddily. 

 

"Im Woojin. 4 years old." Yul shared.

 

"He never got married?"

 

He shakes his head. "According to that nurse, I asked, his girlfriend died and no one knows the reason. She was seven months pregnant when she died. Thankfully and they were able to take him out of her on time. And guess what who performed it? Him.

 

"Omo, so his son... Never had seen his mom." Jessica felt bad for the little boy. "Whatever Yoong's reason he's not telling us he had a son, I think he just wants to protect him."

 

"He's a good doctor. The nurses there have a lot of praise on him." Yul shares, casually drinking his banana milk.

 

"Yeah, it was just a few days only but I already admire him." Jessica couldn't agree more. "Oh, this pack." She suddenly remembered the bag of candies she found on the pool and she took it from her blazer's pocket. "He probably thought of his son and took one." She giggles.

 

"He's really a father. Um, What about hanging out in my place?" Yul offered, earning a hit on his arm. He laughs and playfully kisses her cheek. "Thanks for the treat." 

 

"No, thanks for doing this for me. This isn't even part of your job."

 

"Yah, I'm a detective." Chuckled Yul.

 

"I mean, I was just asking you a favor. I'll treat you dinner next time." Jessica took the envelope and got up.

 

"Ugh, can't we just date again?" Yul grumbled playfully but he received another hit.

 

"Let's just stay friends." 

 

"Tsk. I know you still love me."

 

Jessica scoffs and hits his shoulder again, earning his laughter. "Break up with your girlfriend first." She jokes and Yul shakes his head. "Babo! I'm going now." She turned and walked out. "Thanks for this. I'll call to set the dinner date soon."

 

"No problem. I'll be waiting for your call patiently." Yul smiled watching the blonde leaving. He si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter