Twenty [Final]

Marry Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

20 | On My Way

 

***

 

As soon as he got inside the house, Yoong saw Sunny coming out of the kitchen. He smiled briefly only as he take his seat on the sofa and put Poppo down on the floor.

 

"Whoa, you bought a puppy?" Sunny immediately tried to pet the white fur but it avoided her as it runs to the kitchen.

 

"No, that's Poppo, Seohyun's dog." said Yoong as he got up and lazily walk upstairs.

 

"What happened?" Sunny can feel his mood, it was too heavy not to notice it.

 

"I'll take Woojin from here, thanks, Noona." He said without stopping his walk. He opened the door in his bedroom and walk inside, taking off his black blazer and throwing it carelessly across the room. He plopped on the bed with a loud sigh. His chest is so heavy, it's hard to handle it. "We're not really meant to be." chuckled him bitterly while placing his forearm on his eyes to prevent himself from shedding tears again. "Maybe I should focus on being Woojin's father and saving patients." mumbled him. He tried to hold it back but he ends up wailing.

 

Sunny who is by the door was stunned upon hearing the cries. She didn't get to hear anything until his cries are so loud. She thought of Woojin and hurriedly headed to his room. Then she took a headphone and put them on his ears. 

 

"Wae, Noona?" She took her phone and opened the Bluetooth app to connect it to the headphone. "Here, watch some movies for now. Sunny Noona has to go out first, Hmm?" She pinch Woojin's cheeks and walked out of his room. She returned to the puppy downstairs so she won't be alone while he was hearing Yoong's cries. She doesn't know when is it going to end but she hopes Woojin won't hear it until he stops.

 

-

 

And every heartbreak was a yellow brick road~

 

Seohyun is listening to her song on her earphones while sitting on a first-class seat in an airplane. She's looking out of the window, watching the moon out there, so big and bright. Unconsciously she started to reminisce all the happy moments she had with Yoong. It was good before it lasts. She hopes it was longer but it's been so hard lately. 

 

Her tears fell so heavy. She's mourning while dealing with a breakup. She must really be the craziest person. But it's for all the best. She's tired and wants a new beginning. And she's glad her mother allowed her to do it on the last night of her father's funeral. She wanted to send him to his final rest but she knows reporters are coming and she doesn't want to be photographed mourning.

 

"Enjoy your meal." A flight stewardess delivered her food which she didn't even care of touching. But after an hour, she got hungry and had her gloomy dinner.

 

-

 

Jessica stretched her body left and right while walking inside the apartment she shared with Yul. Ever since she learned Seohyun is fine from Yoong, she didn't mind looking for her and returned home after an hour.

 

"What is this?" But she was greeted by a box on top of the coffee table. "Yul are you home?" she shouted in the case has returned but she didn't hear any response.

 

Taking her seat on the sofa, she opened the box and was greeted by stuff; vitamins, mugs, coffee maker, scarf, and Seohyun's unreleased album. "Why... did she give this?" she got nervous as she also found a folded paper which she opened and read her letter.

 

Ayeong, Jessica Unnie, a.k.a. my best manager and best friend.

I want to say thank you so much because from the first day you become my manager, you never left my side. You were always there to protect me, to listen to me whenever I am down, to support me, and to advise me on every decision I make. I'm sorry that I sometimes give you a hard time. But you know what? I learned so much from you. You're like my second mother, to be honest. Or my real sister. hehe.

By the time you're reading this, I'm already on the plane, heading to Canada. I'm sorry if I didn't tell you about this but just want you to know that I will be fine. I will make this trip a memorable one. I will come back once I've moved on from everything. I hope you're still my manager once I returned. keke.

Unnie, I love you so much. I hope you like my gifts. And please use them, especially the vitamins. I want you to stay healthy always.

Love, Hyun

 

Jessica bit her lower lip as her tears drop freely. She knows something is up with her since yesterday, she didn't expect it's what she's planning. But she supports her decision. It's for her either way and she hopes one day they meet again, she's still working in her father's agency. She would gladly be her manager once again.

 

"Let's meet again, Seohyun-ah. I love you so much too, dongseng." She sniffles and wipes her tears away. "She really knows I don't have a coffee maker." chuckles her. "I will use them good, Seohyun, don't worry."

 

-

 

A week later~

 

"Yah, Im Yoong! Earth to you, doctor Im!" Sunny did her best to snap out the broken doctor with a lot of waves of her hands until he looked at her.

 

"Wae?" Yoong raised his eyebrows calmly. 

 

"You've been spacing." She explained. "I was telling you to visit a patient later but you just zoomed out. Aigoo, stop thinking about her, can you?" She shakes her head in disbelief before slurping on her iced coffee. 

 

"I was thinking, should I visit her and ask her to reconsider everything? I mean, I don't think I can move on easily." Yoong heaved a sigh. He wants to go to her apartment badly now that her father was laid to rest. "I think she-she was able to tell me all those words because she's broken with her father's passing. She wasn't thinking right, was she?"

 

"I don't know." Sunny shrugs her shoulders. "But I doubt so. You told me, she blamed you for everything, right?"

 

Yoong let out a sigh as he nodded. "That our love was a curse... Ugh, why has to be like this? It's so hard." He groaned and almost hit the nurse who just passed on them. "I want to tell her that I'm willing to take all the pain so bad... in return for her happiness."

 

"That's just unfair. You guys should be happy together. A relationship shouldn't be like that. Seohyun was right with her decision then."

 

"Aish, I will visit her later." said Yoong and put the coffee down to the counter as he jogs to the lift.

 

"Tsk, just can't give up easily, eh?" Sunny scoffed but she loves his spirit.

 

-

 

Wearing a hoodie shirt and black pants, He walks out of the lift holding a bouquet of Seohyun's favorite flowers. She stopped in front of her door and pressed the doorbell once. But when he heard nothing, she pressed the doorbell again twice this time. He waited until he figured no one was around. So he unlocked the door and walked in. 

 

'Has she been home?' He wonders, checking the kitchen and every room until he's in her bedroom. He looked around but there was no sign that she was there. 

 

Sitting on the bed, he put the flowers down and sighs. "She should be home at this hour." He checks the time and it was almost seven in the evening.

 

The piano nearby reminds him of his confession and their first night as a couple. Since then, they have never done it again. But how are they going to think of it when their relationship had been tested? Sadly it ended four months. 

 

Noticing the drawer was ajar, he opened it and a diary greeted his eyes. It was old and she has probably stopped writing on it. He got curious and he opened it, greeted by her childhood photos with her writings on the side.

 

Four-year-old me. I look so mad, don't I? Mom told me I'm the cutest but I disagree.

I must be so anti-social back then. kekeke.

But those puffy cheeks are the most adorable.

 

Flipping on the next page, another photo of her with friends in the background, during grade school.

 

I grow up so friendly though. I love making friends.

Especially to good friends and those who likes anime =)

Sakura is my favorite character!

 

On the third page, it was her while pouting.

 

Omma scolded me today because I came home late. I cried so much.

I thought I'm the worse daughter because I disappointed her :(

 

But on the fourth page, she's smiling with her father in the photo.

 

Appa comforted me a lot tonight. I feel so warm and good.

I ate cookies with him. I love my father so much. He's the best father in the world.

 

He stopped there as he remembers Mr. Seo. The ever so good father is gone and it made him tear up. But he continued to the next page. This time, she's a bit older on the photo while she's pointing someone behind by the door. 

 

Look, my first crush is late keke.

Good boy must have woke up late.

He's the cutest and actually generous because he likes to share his food. keke.

I hope I get to be friends with him. He's a bit introvert when it comes to girls. 

 

"Ha! That's me." Yoong chuckled in amusement. He looks so chubby that time, must be the reason he didn't recognized his childhood photo at home. Flipping on the next page, his heart skipped a beat when teenage Seohyun with bangs greeted his eyes. "She's... so pretty already."

 

Freshmen high school =)

Looking forward to meet a lot of friends.

I'm a bit anxious with our teachers though. They said Seoul High has strict teachers.

But lezz go Seo Joohyun!

 

"She's really been that confident." He mutters as he flips on the next page. He smiled in amusement to see her photo, looking mad.

 

I scored the lowest on today's exam. Mom was furious while father was always the calmest.

But one thing that made this day good, I had another crush. His name is Im Yoong.

Kyaa, he's so cool. I mean, he's in a different class but is their top class. He has this dimple I always notice every time he smiles.

How am I going to approach him when he's the top while I'm the lowest though?

And I love how he loves to play the piano. Just like me. 

 

"She... she has a crush on me for the second time? But she told me Good boy... yeah, I transferred to another school after 2 months. Wasn't able to make a lot of friends." He remembered everything vividly. His cheeks profusely blush. And it heat up when the next page turned out to be him. "How did she get my photo? This was in the student council's room." He laughs at her caption, however.

 

I don't know if they're going to notice but I stole his photo and got caught by one of the student council members.

I'm glad I was able to buy it for cheap. hahaha.

 

"Seriously, she didn't mention this." He can't believe Seohyun never shared she had a crush on him during their high school. "Was it because her grades wasn't good?" He shrugged it off and continue to the second to the last page. A photo of her and Taehyung surprised him. 

 

My best friend. College will be so hard without him.

Let's go on for a long time, Tae-tae~♥

 

"They were really friends since then and developed their feelings." He didn't mind and flipped to the last page which made him smile giddily because it was their photo together, months ago, during their first date.

 

I have no idea I will be dating him after Tae cheated on me.

But fate must really be playing me. Im Yoong, my high school crush is currently my boyfriend. >//<

The top student is dating the last student. Isn't that absurd? But he really made me fall so hard on him.

He's the coolest and most handsome doctor. I love him so much.♥ 

I hope we date so many years. I want to marry him though. I'm almost thirty, so I want to do it with him.

And he has the cutest son, Woojin ♥

 

He closes the diary and sighs, reminding himself that they weren't a couple anymore. Placing the diary back to the drawer, he that picture frames of them are there also. 'She forgot to take them out?' He placed it on top of the nightstand and smile bitterly at their photo together. It hurts so much.

 

Getting up, he picked up the flowers when he heard the door is being unlocked. He walked out of the room right away just to see Jessica.

 

"Omo, Yoong, what are you doing here?" 

 

"Should I ask that too? And Where's Seohyun?"

 

Jessica raised her eyebrows. "She didn't tell you?"

 

"Eh?" He's puzzled.

 

"She flew to Canada on the last funeral of her father." She explained yet was confused as well. "Wait... does this mean. Omo, you guys broke up?" And it just hit her.

 

Yoong nodded slowly. "So she left... for good." 

 

"I'm sorry to hear that."

 

"Aish. I was here for nothing." He muttered and walked out of the room. He decided to throw the flowers into the trash bin and once he got inside the lift, he scream. "AAAAAAHHH!!!" And kick the wall. It just made him so mad.

 

-

 

Woojin is playing with Poppo at the park while Sunny is sitting on the bench, watching him, when he spotted his father's car, pulling over outside the park. 

 

"Appa's here, Noona!" He happily exclaimed and quickly runs to his father. Poppo runs after him. "Appa, where's Seohyun Omma?" He asks, expecting to see her since he told him early in the morning that she might visit her.

 

Yoong lowered himself and fixed his son's hair. "She's on a business trip, honey. And I don't know when is she coming back." He told his son just like Seohyun's request.

 

"Chincha? For how long she will be away?" Woojin pouted sadly. He misses her for 2 weeks already.

 

"I don't know." Yoong softly answered. "But Poppo is here." Then he smiled cheerfully. "This is why she lend her to us."

 

Woojin looked down at Poppo and smiled when her tail is wagging. "I will be with Poppo until Seohyun Omma returns." He hugs the fur puppy and giggles.

 

"Yeah." Yoong chuckles as he watches his son run back to the park and play around with her again. He stood up and meet Sunny halfway. 

 

"So did you guys have a talk?" Sunny is expecting good news.

 

Shaking his head, Yoong can no longer hold his pain and he broke down. Sunny hurriedly hugs him. "She left... to Canada." He sobs to her shoulder. "I will never see her again. Woojin will never see her again."

 

"Shshshs... it'll be alright." said Sunny, continuously rubbing his back for comfort. It breaks her heart to hear his cries again.

 

-

 

Four months later...

 

Wearing a white coat matching with a gray turtle neck sweatshirt and blue jeans, Seohyun checks herself to the mirror to fix her curly blonde hair and put on red lipstick. She's excited to see her blind date. It's the twentieth for the past four months but none has ever fluttered her. This twentieth guy, he's a Korean so she's positive he might flutter her. 

 

"Ready, Seohyun-ssi?" Her friend, Hwanhee, a young Korean teacher in a high school in Toronto walks into her bedroom to check on her.

 

With a smile to her mirror, she faces her and says, "Ready." With bright smiles. 

 

"I'll be waiting in the car." Hwanhee smiled back and walks out of the room.

 

Putting aside her make-up to the handbag, she turned and smiles at her father's picture frame on the nightstand. She touches it and places her fingers on her lips. "Love you." She softly says then took her car keys and apartment keys before she followed her friend. Unlike back home, she's living in a non-hi tech apartment building. She loves it there, no one recognized her as a superstar in South Korea.

 

-

 

"Where is he?" She holds Hwanhee's coat while looking out to the cafe.

 

"He said he's wearing a blue shirt and black jacket." Hwanhee says as she looked at his chat on their conversation and searches for him. "Oh, there." She pointed once a guy got up and walk to the counter.

 

"Got it." Seohyun winked at her friend before she unlock the car door and stepped out of the car. She walks confidently to the cafe and approaches the guy. "Um, Jay?" She softly called him from behind.

 

The named Jay turned and was agape and speechless. "S-Seohyun-ssi?" 'She's so pretty in person.' He thought at the back of his head.

 

"Yes." Seohyun smiled brightly, stretching her hand. "It's nice to meet you."

 

"Yeah, nice to meet you." Jay smiled nervously. "Oh wait." He turned to the barista and took his order. "This way please." He face Seohyun back and guided her to their table. He didn't miss pulling the chair for her.

 

"Thanks." Seohyun smiled briefly as she took her seat. She can feel his nervousness and it amused her.

 

Jay shakily put the brown iced coffee near her before he took his seat across her. "You-you... are so beautiful, Seohyun-ssi." He can't help and tell her. His heart is pounding so fast like it will come out of his chest anytime.

 

"Thanks." She simply said. "So what do you do?"

 

"I'm an architect." Jay replied, adjusting his glasses. "You?"

 

"Musician." She answered softly. 'Why is he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter