Eleven

Marry Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11 | Just for Woojin

 

***

 

Bowing a couple of times to everyone in the practice room, Seohyun walks casually to the shower room. She made sure to lock the door before she stripped herself and stepped into the shower. She hums a song while enjoying the warm water running through her body. She had a dance practice for six straight hours, she's exhausted yet it's subsiding as she continues to shower. 

 

She came out fifteen minutes later with a towel wrapped around her. She heard her phone ring in her bag on the bench which she nonchalantly answered.

 

"I'm coming out in a while." She expected it to be her manager.

 

[I'm at the parking lot. Let's talk.]

 

Her eyes widened and quickly check the caller ID. It's the doe-eyed once again. "Are you with Woojin?"

 

[He's in school. Let's talk or I will-]

 

"I'm not interested." She ended the call and let out a sigh. She wanted to avoid him at all costs unless Woojin is with him. She definitely can't resist his son.

 

Grabbing her face towel, she rubs her damp hair with it for a couple of minutes and changes into new comfortable clothes. But just as she's ready to leave, her phone rings again. She checks the screen this time before she answers. "Yes, Unnie."

 

[Yoong, he's in the office.]

 

"What?! What is he doing there?"

 

[You should talk to him. Looks like this is about the media play photos of you and Taehyung.]

 

"Aish, tell him to wait on the ground floor." She furiously demanded and hang up right away.

 

Walking out of the room, she headed straight to the lift and pressed the ground floor, where the parking lot is located.

 

She reached first which made her wait at least ten minutes until she spotted him with Jessica.

 

"Omo, is he drunk?" She got worried because her manager can barely support him.

 

"Yes. Bring him to your car." Jessica instructed quickly. 

 

Helping her manager, Seohyun put his free arm to her shoulders and held him at his back as they brought him to her car.

 

"Ugh, he smells so bad." She grimaced as she closed the door at the backseat..

 

"He suddenly barged in and look for you, asking if it was true." Jessica shared what happened.

 

"What?" Seohyun chuckled. "Is he insane?!"

 

"I think he drinks when he found out about the photos." Jessica guesses but she smiled teasingly. "He really likes you, Seohyun-ah." She nudged her earning a hit on her arm.

 

"He wasn't on his mind. It's not because of me. Aish." She strongly disagrees.

 

"Anyway, go bring him to your apartment."

 

"And why would I do that? We're already over."

 

"Do you want Woojin to see his father like this? Think of how will be his reaction."

 

"He even saw his father drinking. It's fine, trust me."

 

"No." Jessica shakes her head. "He probably explained to his son about it and he wasn't really drunk. So it's best to bring him to your-

 

"Seohyun-ssi." Yoong suddenly called her from the inside, startling both ladies. He snickers and rolled the window down. "Hurry, let's go home." He called, drunkenly. "Hehehe."

 

Sighing in defeat, Seohyun push him through his forehead and he fell on the seat, laughing crazily. "I'm off."

 

"Drive safe." Jessica waves as the young singer reclined the driver's seat. "I'll call Woojin's Aunt for you."

 

Turning on the engine, Seohyun waves briefly at her manager as she drives off carefully. Once they're out on the highway, she checked on the doe-eyed through the mirror. "Tsk,tsk. How stupid can he get? I thought he's grown, man?" 

 

"Seohyun-ssi, please tell me you and Taehyung aren't back." Yoong mumbles.

 

"It's none of your business anymore." She replied, sighing.

 

"Chincha? I thought you like me."

 

"That was back then. I don't anymore." She glanced at him again just to see hum pouting sadly. "Tsk, you won't remember anyway. Yes, we're not dating again. It was a media play for the public. My album is coming very soon so they have to do that." 

 

"I'm happy." Yoong flashed a choding smile.

 

"Tsk, whatever." Muttered Seohyun.

 

-

 

Placing the doe-eyed gently on the sofa, she literally sat on the floor with a huge exhale. She massages her shoulders and hits Yoong's arm for being so heavy.

 

"I should've brought Unnie too if I know you would end up sleeping. Aish." She hits his arm again and gets up. "I'm amazed you didn't break my bones." she mumbles as she takes his suit jacket off of him in difficulties. "Yah, wake up. You're not light like me." she hits slaps his face but he continues to sleep. "Aish." Successfully, she got it off of him and place it on the nearby sofa.

 

Sighing so loud, she turned off the lights in the living room. "Good night, idiot." She muttered, walking to the kitchen to get herself a cup of coffee. 

 

"Ugh, why so hot." Yoong mumbles in his sleep as he unconsciously ed three buttons on his blouse and switch positions to his right.

 

Seohyun can't believe his voice is loud for it to reach her. "This isn't your place." She yelled as she took the cup from the coffee maker and casually walk to the living room. She took her seat on the sofa next to the long sofa, watching him with a cup of coffee. 'You're stubborn aren't you? I told you we're over. But why do you keep coming?' She thought in mind as she took a sip of her coffee. 'You're punishing me, no? Because you won't be here if not. Tsk.'

 

Yoong switched position again, so he's facing her. 

 

"The sofa fits for you, eh?" She giggles, placing the cup down, and went closer to him, as she sits on the floor to watch him close. She sighs, as her chest tightens again. "I'm sorry. I'm really so sorry." She softly utters and sighs. "I don't actually know what happened but I found Tiffany's car to be weird that time. She was going at full speed while changing lanes a lot of times. I tried to avoid it but it was too late, we crash and I think she avoided me because the hood of the car wasn't too much destroyed. But since she was on full speed, her car flipped." She chuckled can't believe she's saying it when the other person is sleeping. But it surprised her that she didn't feel any symptoms of a panic attack. 

 

"What am I doing? You wouldn't understand though." Reaching for his face, she delicately caressed his exhausted drunk face and smiled bitterly. "Please forgive me. Hmm? I really like you a lot that It's hard to forget you." she got quiet as she admires his features. It's absurd how they turn out to be like that. It's like a movie but hurts so bad.

 

Unconsciously, she leans in slowly and pressed their lips together. She closes his eyes and tears fall like a river.

 

Yoong shed some tears too quietly as he remains immobile and pretending to be asleep. He had been awake since he heard her voice earlier. He didn't expect she would kiss him, painfully.

 

-

 

Walking out of the bedroom, Seohyun let out a huge yawn as she stretches her arms. She stopped midway when she smell something so pleasant that caused her to head straight to the kitchen. 

 

"You." She is surprised to see him behind the counter, cooking. "I thought... you left." Her voice is almost audible.

 

"I can't leave you right away. I owe you for bringing me to your home." Yoong explained himself. He glanced with a quick smile at her. He felt better since he heard her story last night. "Have a seat."

 

Seohyun hesitantly complied without unlocking her gazes to him. 'What is happening? I thought he really hate me?'

 

"You haven't taken the ring off." Yoong noticed without giving her a look.

 

"Oh, Uh... " She hastily hides her hand under the table. "I got busy, I forgot." She shamelessly reasoned, mentally scolding herself. She can see he isn't wearing his already, she must be so stupid not to do it too. "Um, I'll visit Woojin on weekend just like I promise."

 

"You better be." Yoong mumbles, putting the remaining ingredients into the boiling broth. He put his hands to the counter and finally look at her.

 

Seohyun looks elsewhere that instant. 

 

"I'm sorry for what I did last time." Yoong apologizes sincerely. "I was too mad that time."

 

"It makes sense. I would be mad too if I found out something like that." Seohyun chuckled softly, couldn't look at him still.

 

"But I'm not too mad now." His voice is soft and genuine. "I didn't know you and Taehyung are back." But he can't help and mention.

 

"Yeah, you know, I think we're meant to be." Seohyun glanced at him. She wanted to tell him so badly, but she can't. 

 

Yoong didn't react. He brought the pot to the table and got her the bowl of rice and kimchi. "I'm sorry if it's just a simple dish."

 

"What are you saying? I don't mind." Seohyun smiled briefly, taking the spoon and taking a bite of the broth. She loves how it comforts her. "I really love you." she unconsciously said. "I-I mean... the food, I love it." She is dumbfounded with her own words. And it didn't fail to make her heart race and cheeks now heat up. "Thanks." She hastily grabs the glass of water and took a couple of gulps.

 

Yoong smiled giddily. "Don't mention it. Um, I have to go." He got up when she dropped the glass and shattered it on the floor. "Omo." His eyes widened when he saw a cut on her forefinger. He instinctively grabs her hand and the blood. 

 

Seohyun's heart skipped a beat, finding herself stunned by what was going on before her. Their eyes meet which made him let go of her hand immediately.

 

"Don't move." Yoong hastily grabs a dustpan and a broom to clean up the shattered glasses.

 

Seohyun's busy listening to her heartbeats that she didn't even know he's already finished.

 

"Let me help you." She only snapped out of reality when he took his hand back and put some ointment on the cut. She's agape and speechless, as she just watched him in silence. She doesn't feel any pain on her cut but butterflies rather.

 

"Done." Yoong announced after covering it with the bandaid. "By the way, I just remember, Woojin's birthday is coming next week which is next month. I hope you can make it."

 

"Why?" Seohyun softly asks, blinking her eyes in a fast manner. 

 

"Woojin is going to ask you for sure so I'm inviting you in advance." Yoong explained.

 

"Okay." She let out a sigh and smiled a little. 

 

Yoong got up was about to leave when he stops midway. "I know you're sincere with your apologies." He softly says. "I just want you to know." Then finally left the kitchen. He sighs as he glanced at the kitchen while wearing his suit jacket. "Just heat it up if you can't finish it." He reminded and she only said 'okay' again. He got hesitant to leave but when his phone rang and Sunny's caller ID flashes on the screen, he decided to leave right away.

 

Seohyun smiled like a fool at the bandaid, can't believe what just happened. 

 

-

 

Pulling the car over in the parking lot, Yoong suddenly thought of something and he took his phone out to call a flower shop.

 

"Yes, at twelve noon. Thanks, I'll wire the payment now." He ended the call after ordering it and paid it through his bank account. Stepping out of the car, he walk casually to the front of the hospital when he noticed there are reporters outside.

 

"He's here." One of them announced so loud, causing him to smile awkwardly and run away.

 

"One moment, Mr. Im!"

 

"Please allow us an interview!"

 

"No way!" He shouted back as the reporters chases him on the side of the road. After a while, He slowed down to take a look back but still can see them running after them. He resumed, avoiding all the people coming his way. He bumped into someone and immediately help him up. "I'm sorry." and apologize. He widened his eyes when the reporters are getting closer, so he runs again, turning on the left intersection. He meets a lot of people when he enters a business street.

 

Upon recognizing a mall, he went inside and finally stopped. He catches on his breath while looking at the entrance. 'I don't think... they were able to catch up.' he thought, feeling relieved they no longer appeared.

 

Taking his seat on a nearby bench, he adjusted his tie so he can breathe properly. "She's really everywhere." But only to recognized a standee of Seohyun in front of a clothing line. Inside, there's a big picture wall of her, looking so fierce wearing a blue jacket and jeans.

 

Getting up, he walked in and a saleslady welcomed her with a bow. He bows back a little before he strolls around the store.

 

"If you buy two of our pants, you can get a ticket for Seohyun's fan meeting of our store." The saleslady told him. "We have two posters too that you can bring and get her signature." She further said.

 

Yoong is glad she didn't recognize him. "When is the fan meeting?" He asks curiously while looking at the jacket section.

 

"Later at five."

 

"Omo, already today?"

 

"Yes, Sir." The Saleslady flashes a friendly smile.

 

"I see." He walks to the pants and checks on them. 'Not bad. Their pants for men are cool.' He thought. "Two 30 size of this please." He told her, flashing a friendly smile as well. He thought of his son who might be happy to get the posters of her later. 

 

"Hold on a second." The saleslady left him to their storage room.

 

Suddenly he heard noises from the entrance, he recognized the three guys as reporters causing him to lower himself to hide behind the hanging coat. He peeks and finds them checking on their shirts. 'Are they fans of her?' He wonders then he realizes they're all wearing a limited edition of a baseball cap that has Seohyun's signature. "Seriously, even reporters."

 

"Sir, this way please." The saleslady returned with his pants. He quickly followed her to the cashier counter while lowering his head. As he paid for it, he took a glance at them and was relieved they were not paying attention to their surroundings.

 

"Enjoy the fan meeting sir." He smiled awkwardly as he took the paper bag and the freebies. Covering his face on the side with his hand, he gradually walked out of the store and literally let out a huge exhale once he was out of the mall. He had to take a cab in order to return to the hospital.

 

-

 

Once he spotted the blonde, Yul waved at her from her table and proceed to order their food from the counter. He got it after a couple of minutes and carry it to the table where Jessica is waiting. 

 

"Look at you, treating me to this expensive fast food restaurant." Jessica praised, as she took her burger and took a bite casually. 

 

"I think I just saw that necklace." Yul noticed it. "S? You're not-"

 

"It's Seohyun's." She interrupted him.

 

"Chincha? Why are you wearing it?" He chuckles in amusement.

 

"She's not wearing it so I thought of wearing it for her." Jessica giggles taking another big bite. "Also this." She lifted her feet up to show the shoe.

 

"Don't tell me she's not wearing it too?"

 

"Yup." She nodded to confirm. "But to be honest, Yoong gifted this to her. She wanted to throw it after she broke up with him."

 

Yul's eyes widened. "So it's true."

 

"That

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter