Nineteen

Marry Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

19 | Curse

 

***

 

Carefully walking in, Yoong closes the door gently behind her and walks to Seohyun who's still sleeping. He really wakes up early to bring the flowers she picks from the garden back home. Woojin was even still sleeping but Sunny was there to look after her and will bring him to the hospital later.

 

Slowly but surely, he tucked her hair behind her ears and leaned down to place his lips on her forehead. It took a couple of seconds before he leaned out and finds Seohyun moving, then her eyes flutters open. He immediately put the flowers to his face.

 

"Yoong?" Seohyun blinks a couple of times. "It's you."

 

He put the flowers down while smiling brightly. "Good morning." And he greeted.

 

"Isn't it still early?" Seohyun barely can stay her eyes open. 

 

"Yes, but I want to be the first to greet you." He explained, placing the flowers down to her stomach. He then walks to the window and opens the blinds.

 

"Ugh." Jessica groans from the sofa as she switches her position so she's not facing the window.

 

Seohyun slowly sits up, taking the flowers. "Aren't this in your garden?" She remembers it. It made her smile as she smell the flowers.

 

"Yes, aren't they your favorites?" Yoong returned to sit next to her.

 

"Yes." She smiled brightly at him. "I think my day will be brighter than sunshine now."

 

"They're beautiful just like you."

 

"You've been so sweet, aren't you?" She grinned to .

 

"I've been sweet, aren't I?" Yoong reminded proudly. 

 

"Well, I think you're sweeter now that I've woke up." Seohyun tried to come up with a reason but it seems the case too.

 

Taking her hand, the doe-eyed holds it on his lap without breaking their gazes. "To tell you the truth, I was so scared the time I found you not in good condition. I could lose you any moment there. I don't want that to happen... that's why... I'm so happy right now that you're slowly recovering." He softly ended. 

 

"No wonder." She's almost speechless. Her heart flutters didn't think he would be like that to her. But it must be because he loses someone from the past. She holds his hand back as she warmly smiles.

 

Yoong was about to lean in when he heard Jessica's voice nearby. He hastily turned his attention to her.

 

"You guys, stop flirting, I'm hungry." Jessica mumbles, tying her hair into ponytail. "Let's grab breakfast doctor Im."

 

"No, I'm eating with her. Her food will come in a while." Yoong declined without hesitations.

 

"Aish, if only Yul doesn't have to go back to the station earlier." said Jessica, getting up and walking out casually. But she stopped and turn. "Why don't we all grab breakfast together? I mean, I can bring our food here." She grinned.

 

"Yeah, that would be better, baby." Seohyun brightly responded in an instant. "The more the merrier."

 

"Definitely." Yoong chuckled lightly.

 

"Alright." Jessica excitedly exited the ward. 

 

As soon as her manager is out, Seohyun peck on the doe-eyed's lips and giggles. She saw his hesitation earlier and wanted to do it herself.

 

"You really know what's in my mind." He softly says as he captures her lips back, this time a full kiss. Their eyes are close as they kiss, fervently, letting out moans here and there. Seohyun wraps her arms around his shoulders as his hands are on the bed. They kiss like it's their first time, it's sweet and fluttering, unlike the last time they kiss, they're both sad that it tastes bitter. When you're happy, you can really taste the mood of your partners. And right now, they're both happy that they feel like a thousand butterflies are on the pit of their stomach.

 

After a couple of seconds, they pulled back and sweetly smile at each other while amused with their red cheeks.

 

"You know, if I'm not on hiatus today, I would've been getting a lot of visitors." said Seohyun, glancing to the door. 

 

"How about posting a photo on social media? To let everyone know your better condition." He suggested softly.

 

"Omo, I didn't think of that. Where's my phone then?"

 

Getting up, He took it from Jessica's handbag and handed it casually. "You got a lot of calls though. But since we don't want to disturb you, Jessica turned it off."

 

"I definitely don't mind." Seohyun flashes a brief smile as she opened her phone. She checks the messages and she has a lot of it too. But she doesn't mind reading at least one. She opened a social media and posted a photo of her previous photoshoot with a caption;

 

It's a beautiful day to seize :)

 

"Will they think you're doing alright with that?" He's a bit skeptical about her caption.

 

"My fans know me, they would immediately think my condition is getting better."

 

"Or should the agency release another statement about you?"

 

"Hmm, it would be good too. Thanks, baby, you are thinking of my fans too." Seohyun is flattered hearing it from her boyfriend.

 

"I saw them the other night, I thought it was a moving moment and I feel how concerned they were. So yeah, I wouldn't like to see that again. Just like you when I am down or hurt myself. I always think of others' feelings if they see me like that." Yoong genuinely explained himself.

 

Seohyun smiled back, pecking on his lips again. "You're the kindest person I know." whispers her.

 

"And you're the most beautiful person in and out that I know." Yoong whispered back, smiling warmly.

 

-

 

Woojin hurriedly runs to the entrance of the hospital the moment Sunny parked the car and free him from the seatbelt.

 

"Yah! Slowdown, Woojin!" Sunny shouted as she caught up with him immediately. "Hold my hand." She offered.

 

"I'm excited Noona!" Woojin flashes his bright and cute smiles as he gently holds her.

 

"Aish." Sunny ruffled his hair a little. "You little bean needs to hold that excitement." She said as they walk to the lift. She doesn't have work so she can freely walk in the hospital without worries.

 

"Appa is working today, right?" Woojin asks as he noticed the doctors are passing them. 

 

"Yes. Tomorrow he's off." She said as she entered the lift along with the others. She was about to press 3 when she realized someone already pressed it. She stood with Woojin at the center.

 

*ding*

 

They reached the floor in just a couple of seconds. Nurses greeted her as they walked out casually. Seohyun's room was intended to be last, so no patients will learn she's on the same floor as them. 

 

But as they reached her ward, they were greeted by Jessica. 

 

"Where's Omma?" Woojin instantly asked.

 

"Comfort room." Jessica answered as she smiled at the young boy and bowed a little to Sunny. "You guys want some fruits?"

 

"Sure, Noona." Woojin said as he walk to the sofa and sits down.

 

"Just give Woojin." Sunny declined, taking her seat too next to the young boy.

 

"Okay." Said Jessica, walking to the counter to get the oranges. 

 

Walking out, Seohyun's lips immediately curved into a big smile when she saw Woojin and Sunny. 

 

"Omma!!!" And quickly, Woojin runs to her, hugging her hips halfway. "I'm so happy you're up." He shared, smiling enthusiastically.

 

"Did you just grow a little, Woojin-ah?" Seohyun can't help and kissed his cheeks. "Big boy Woojin, it is." She giggles with him.

 

"Yes, Woojin has grown up a little." Woojin grinned. Then he took her hand, guiding her to the bed. "Omma, everyone misses you." He can't stop talking.

 

"Aigoo, Woojin, give your Omma a time to breathe first." Jessica chuckled, handing the young boy the oranges in a plate. "You too have some too." She throws the orange to Sunny who reflexively caught it in time.

 

"I told you I'm fine." Sunny is flustered.

 

"Just take it, Sunny-ssi." Seohyun giggles picking one orange from Woojin's plate.

 

"Thanks." Sunny awkwardly smile as she decided to peel it herself while Jessica bites her apple.

 

"Yoong told me you've been taking care of Woojin." Seohyun said casually. 

 

"Yes. He can't leave the hospital. And Woojin needs someone while you're here." Sunny explained.

 

"You guys are babysitters now." Jessica chuckled softly. 

 

"Yah, Unnie. Woojin is like my son now." Seohyun can't help and defends herself.

 

"Same here." And Sunny agreed with her.

 

"We aren't babysitters." They said at the same time.

 

Jessica is speechless yet she laughs in amusement as both women look at each other with a blush on their faces. "You guys really like his father."

 

"I have two Ommas?" Woojin cutely smiles. She doesn't mind it. As long as he gets a mother to be proud of in their class.

 

"Looks like, Woojin-ah." Chuckled Jessica. "Anyway, I want to ask something, what do you guys like from Doctor Im?" 

 

Sunny raised her hand first. "He's really a cool father and he always thinks of others before himself."

 

'Whoa, she sounds like she's dating my Yoongie.' Seohyun thought at the back of her head. "I agree with her but... He has this small dimple that appears when he smiles. They're really cute."

 

"That's your reason?" Jessica felt a little embarrassed with Seohyun's answer.

 

"If you like him, only you can notice that." Said Seohyun as she stares back at Sunny who doesn't seem to know. She smugly smiles.

 

Sunny awkwardly smiles back. She really had no idea and it made her fail to be someone who likes the doe-eyed.

 

"Well, it seems a good answer." Jessica laughs softly. "How about we ask Woojin too, who do you like the most, Woojin-ah? Seohyun Omma or Sunny Noona?"

 

Woojin took a bite of his orange first before he looks at Seohyun and Sunny, who are anticipating her answer. "Both." He replied and grins.

 

"Wae?" Seohyun couldn't accept the answer. She wanted to know the reason from the young boy.

 

"I have a good Noona and I have a good Omma." Woojin just simply explained earning smiles from three women before his eyes.

 

"You're indeed Appa's son, Woojin." Jessica can see the young boy will be smart too like his father.

 

Woojin flashed a wide grin. 

 

-

 

"He tricked you, didn't he?" Seohyun crossed her arms as she sulks. She just realized the sun had set and her father hasn't visited her. Woojin already left with Sunny which made her thought of her own father. "He's always busy when I ask. But when he asked me to visit him, it's me who is busy though." 

 

"He really may have an important meeting." Jessica sighs heavily. "Mianhe, I'm sure he will visit when he's free."

 

Seohyun shrugs her shoulders. "I don't have a choice. By the way, Unnie. Did you get their addresses?" She decided to drop her antics and move on.

 

"Oh yeah. Let me check my email." Jessica casually took her phone and opened her email. She got one unread message that came from the organizer that event last time. "She got it." She immediately smiled brightly when she saw the attached file. "A total of fifty people came that night, mostly students."

 

"I see. I actually have something in mind now." The young singer responded with glee.

 

"What is it?" 

 

"Sent you the link." She further said after sending it to her manager.

 

Opening the link, Jessica's lips formed into O. "This looks good." It's a pink music box, her fandom color. 

 

"Should we order now and send the names to the seller?" 

 

"Wait. What if we put your name in the music box? That would even be special." 

 

Seohyun smiled and nodded. "That's even better. You're really creative, Unnie."

 

"Well. Jessica flipped her hair proudly and casually message the seller of the store.

 

"Just use my card in purchasing it." Seohyun informed. She wanted it to be more sincere with her money to be used.

 

"They have freebies for this. There's a card to be given also. Do you want them to write it for you or do you write it personally?" 

 

"Omo. That's cool. But can I write fifty letters in a week?" 

 

"I know right? They have manpower so it's easy for them. A theme letter would be better. Write one letter and they'll be in charge for everyone." 

 

"Okay." Seohyun then opened an app and started typing the words she wanted to say to her fans.

 

"Send it to me when you're done." Jessica smiled at her then returned her attention to the seller.

 

"Yes." Said Seohyun simply.

 

-

 

Walking out of the operating room, Yoong let out a heavy exhale as he headed to the lift with a tired face. It was another ten hours of operation. He almost passed out but he did it successfully with the help of another doctor. 

 

"I'm hungry." Mumbles him while standing alone in the lift. But he thought of Seohyun that he got out on the third floor, jogging towards her ward. When he reached it, the room was empty. 

 

"Oh, hi doctor Im. I saw Seohyun-ssi in the cafeteria. She wants to try something else so she asks her manager to bring her there."

 

"Just when I'm hungry too. Thanks, Nurse Lee." He brightly replied, jogging back to the lift again as if he wasn't tired at all.

 

It took only a minute and she reached the cafeteria, where a lot of nurses mostly are having their dinner. But he noticed how they keep glancing at Seohyun, who was enjoying her meal. There are others stealing pictures of her too. "Of course, she will always be a celebrity, wherever she is." He heads straight to the counter and keeps glancing at Seohyun as well while the server is placing the food on her tray. 

 

Walking to their table, he just realized there are a lot of pokemon packs of bread in the corner of their table. "Yah, did you come here to have all of these?" He's totally flabbergasted. 

 

"Wae? They're tasty and that means more cards." Seohyun giggles, smiling childishly.

 

"They have convenience store selling them here. She didn't want to miss the chance and literally just bought all stocks." Jessica said as she took the plastic bag under the table and smile awkwardly at Yoong.

 

"Aigoo." Yoong took his seat across from his girlfriend. Then knock her head. "You won't die from lungs failure, you will die from eating this bread a lot." He scolded seriously.

 

"This will be the last, promise." said Seohyun sheepishly. "Mianhe." And pouted cutely as she slowly munch the bread. It's her twentieth bread. Her appetite had been really so good or is it because it's pokemon bread?

 

"Aish, I don't know with you." Yoong mumbled and finally turned his attention to his food.

 

"Did you just get out of the operating room?" Jessica can see his tired eyes. 

 

"Yes." He simply replied. "It's a seven-year-old kid that's why it took long hours." He further shared. "We always have to be careful."

 

"You're really so cool." Seohyun giggles. Hearing the doe-eyed sharing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter