Seventeen

Marry Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

17 | Missing

 

***

 

Taehyung raises his hand ready to hit Seohyun while staring at her intensely when he changes his mind.

 

"What?! Don't you want to hit me as well? Do it! You did it a couple of times already!" Seohyun mocked. "I thought the years I have spent with you are true. Looks like you were not sincere at all."  

 

Dropping on his knees, Taehyung hangs his head low. "I'm deeply sorry. I didn't know the result will be like that." He sniffles and continues. "I mean, I just want you to experience the backlash I received after the scandal. So when I heard you and Jessica talking about a video, I broke into your apartment to steal it and send it to reporters. But wasn't expecting everyone will turn their back on you, including the brands you endorsed. I'm really, really, so sorry." He can't hold back and shed tears. 

 

Stunned, Seohyun is speechless as she stood before him, looking down at him. He thought he will show his arrogant character but he apologize rather. But it didn't falter her. "You pay for the damage, idiot." She sternly said, turning around and taking a few steps only from him. "I'm taking care of Poppo from now on." she announced firmly, picking the fur puppy up in her arms and leaving the apartment.

 

"Aish, I only forgive those people who didn't intend their actions." She smirks while rubbing Poppo's stomach. "Right, Poppo? Why would we forgive those people who want nothing but harm, eh? Aigoo, I miss you, honey. Don't worry, you're not going to see that bad Appa of yours anymore. We're leaving him for good and I'll take the custody of you." She giggles and kisses her puppy's head a few times.

 

The lift reached the first floor which made her compose herself and lowered her baseball cap as she walks out. The three people that just got into the lift didn't even recognize her, which made her relieved. 

 

"Alright. Let's go home now." Placing her puppy on the passenger seat, she casually buckled up and got startled when a stranger surprised her outside, trying to see the inside of the car. "Who the heck is this?" She the engine so the stranger will step back. She reverse the car once the guy left. "Ever since the screenshot was revealed to the public, I'm experiencing this odd incident, tsk."

 

While driving the car, her phone rang and she answered it with her airpod in her right ear. "Seohyun speaking." 

 

[Did you have a good sleep?] It's Yoong on the phone which made her smile.

 

"Yes, Doctor Im. How about you?"

 

[Totally great.]

 

[Great? When you barely even sleep.] Sunny's voice was in the background.

 

"What?" She exclaimed. "I told you there's nothing to worry." She grumbles.

 

[I know but my mind just can't stop imagining things. Aish. By the way, did the police already went-]

 

"No need for that. I already know the culprit." She interrupted. "Yah, you better have enough sleep later. Or I will kick you." She warned seriously. She's seriously upset with him.

 

[Chincha? Who?]

 

She rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Taehyung. He apologized to me earlier."

 

[You guys meet? Why didn't you tell me?!] Yoong grumbles disappointingly.

 

"It was just a quick conversation. I hit him though, so he got his lesson now." She chuckled and sighed. "But he's regretting it now."

 

[Tsk, if he can do that to you, that means he can do more to hurt you. Don't ever talk to him anymore, whether in a recording studio or filming an mv. Araso?]

 

Seohyun feels like she was scolded by her father. "Araso." And she can't think of anything to say.

 

[Where are you now?]

 

"Going home. Um, can't you focus on your work, Doctor Im? You can't always check on me, can you?" She reminded as she sighs.

 

[I will check on you later. Drive safe.]

 

"Yes." Hanging up, She glanced at the puppy and smiled awkwardly. "Your stepfather will be so strict, Poppo-ya. But that's for the best. Hmm? You're going to like him too." She grinned briefly as she speeds up.

 

-

 

"Yoong!"

 

The doe-eyed turned to see Sunny is now enjoying iced americano again. "Did her fans give that again?" He could guess it.

 

"Nope, your girlfriend." Said Sunny, teasingly smiling at him.

 

"She's here?" Yoong got up but the young nurse block him. "Wae?"

 

"She already left. She just brought the drinks to the ER and to our department." Sunny informed as she slurp on her drink. "But she was all smiling, wae? I thought you said she's broken since she learned the truth?"

 

"It's probably just a fake smile." Taking back his seat, Yoong let out a sharp exhale. "I felt it last night. She's mad and upset about everything that's going on with her career right now."

 

"Chincha? I really didn't see it. She's good at hiding them." Sunny nodded her head gently as she handed the other drink to her friend. "Why don't you take her somewhere? Just like the temple."

 

"I doubt she would love it." Yoong put his fingers under his chin and ponders for a moment. "We will have a medical mission tomorrow, right?"

 

"Yep. Wae?" 

 

"She loves kids. I think I'll invite her." A big smile plastered his face. 

 

"But that's Sunday, that means you're bringing your son, too." Sunny reminds him softly yet she's excited. "I'm going to take care of Woojin then." 

 

"That would be more fun then." said Yoong, slurping with his drink while imagining the scenario already.

 

"Doctor Im, Nurse Lee... " A nurse walks into the office causing them to turn their heads to the door. "Detectives are here to interview you guys." She informs and made a way for the officers.

 

"Wae?" Sunny quickly looked back at the doe-eyed.

 

"About the leak screenshots of the video. I think Seohyun hasn't told her detective friend." Yoong explained and got up to welcome them. "It was Taehyung, Seohyun told me he already confessed to her." He casually told the officers.

 

-

 

Opening the door, Taehyung wasn't surprised at all to be greeted by police. Seohyun, definitely reported to them.

 

"Don't cuff me, I'm willing to go." He said simply as they stepped inside.

 

"We're not only here to arrest you." Yul showed a warrant to search his place. "We're here to search for evidence as well."

 

"Go ahead." Taehyung doesn't mind and even opened the door to his bedroom.

 

Yul signals the five detectives to search everywhere in the apartment. He on the other hand went to the bedroom and found the laptop. "Can you open it for me?" 

 

Taehyung didn't say a thing as he just opened it himself and the tan guy checked on his laptop. He sits down on the bed while watching him.

 

"Did you delete it?" Yul didn't find any video of the accident. 

 

"What?! No." Taehyung got up and check the video folders. There were five videos left when there were seven of them when he save on his laptop. "It was here ear... lier. Seohyun." He looked Yul. "She was here, I think it's her."

 

"She deleted it herself?" Yul chuckled in disbelief. "There's no way she's going to do that."

 

"But she was really here before I returned from my jog. I didn't see her first because she hid under my bed." Taehyung explained further. He laughs in the process. 

 

"Wait." Getting up, Yul rings Seohyun's number, and the latter answers in an instant. 

 

[Oppa, did you send police to my apartment?] Seohyun greeted her with a question.

 

"Did you come here?"

 

[Nope. I didn't.]

 

"I mean, Taehyung's apartment." Yul glanced at the young singer nearby.

 

[Yes, I went there to get my Poppo. Wae?]

 

"Well, I'm here to search on his place."

 

[Omo, he's the culprit. You can take him now.]

 

"We can't do that if there's no evidence. Even though he confessed, we don't have the video that will confirm it. You deleted it, didn't you?"

 

[I... did. I'm sorry. But it was because I don't want him to use it against me again.] Seohyun defended herself. [Did I do wrong?]

 

Yul groaned. "You just made a mistake. But it can still be retrieved if you didn't delete it in the recycle bin."

 

[I also did, Oppa. No chance anymore? I'm sorry.] Seohyun sheepishly apologized. 

 

"Ugh, what were you thinking?!"

 

[I told you.]

 

"Aish. Then is it okay for you not to charge him?" Yul is annoyed yet he finds it funny also. Seohyun's too innocent to think of 'evidence'. He should've also told her beforehand.

 

[I'll think of it.]

 

"Tsk, no chance if the evidence was deleted." He reminded again, sighing in the process. 

 

[His confessions will not really work? Um, how about fingerprints on my laptop?]

 

"He has used that for so many times when you guys were dating, so it can't be evidence. Aish, I'll call later." Ending the call, he returned to Taehyung nearby. "Do you have it on your phone?" 

 

"No. I only have it in my flash drive then transferred it to the laptop." Taehyung said truthfully.

 

"Detective Kwon, the outfits." One of the detectives took the shirt and pants that Taehyung wore that day. "It's yours?"

 

"Yes." Taehyung sighs heavily. "Looks like, that will be the evidence."

 

Yul scoffed. "You're under arrest for leaking a private property to the public." He took his cuff out but Taehyung refused to be cuffed.

 

"I told you, I'm really coming on my own. Just don't cuff me." explained Taehyung. He doesn't even have any plans to escape. 

 

"We'll you out then." Yul gestures to the detectives to hold him by his arm as they leave the apartment, carrying the evidence and his confessions. Enough to file a charge against him.

 

-

 

"This is the best holiday ever." 

 

Jessica scoffed upon hearing Seohyun's words who is apparently sitting on the green grass while wearing sunglasses and looking up to the sky. Nearby, Poppo is playing with the other puppies in the park. "Yeah, probably the worst." She commented, taking her seat next to her.

 

"Omo, how'd you know I'm here?" Seohyun is surprised, quickly taking off her sunglasses. 

 

"You always go here to have refreshment drinks and enjoy the weather." Jessica reminded, flicking her forehead. If she didn't hear it from Yul that she got Poppo, she wouldn't think she'll be in the puppy park. 

 

"Tsk, you didn't bring snacks?" Seohyun is upset as she shakes her head. Taking a slurp on her smoothie, she exasperatedly exhales. "It's almost summer, isn't it?"

 

"Yeah, hot weather since Wednesday." Jessica couldn't agree more. She took her sunglasses from her handbag and wear it as well. "Your album will supposedly be released summer. Sheesh."

 

"I know right? But things really have to delay it. I'm sure it will be released before the end of the year though."

 

"Whoa, my positive Hyun is back." A big smile plastered Jessica's face. "And because of that, you deserve this." She took two tickets from her handbag and handed them to the young singer.

 

"Omo, this is great!" Seohyun exclaimed as her eyes widened. "This is tonight, right?" 

 

"Absolutely. You can invite your boyfriend to that event." Jessica winks as she pulled down her sunglasses.

 

"But there are two only? Wouldn't Woojin like to come?" 

 

"I only have 2, just be thankful. You guys just buy him there."

 

Seohyun chuckles softly. "Indeed. Thanks, Unnie.But what about you and Yul Oppa?" She was reminded by the young detective.

 

"Don't worry about us, just think of yourself and Yoong. You deserve a good holiday either way." said Jessica as she giggled. She and Yul will also have a date later.

 

"Okay. Thanks." Seohyun put the tickets into her bag and sighs, looking up to the sky again. "I've never felt this good, Unnie."

 

"It's obvious." Jessica chuckled. "There must be a reason?"

 

"I slapped Taehyung."

 

"What?!"

 

"It's him. He confessed." Seohyun giggles. "I thought I would feel so betrayed but he regretted it, I'm relieved he didn't lie to me." 

 

"Chincha? Whoa, He probably didn't expect the consequences of his actions." Jessica is glad to hear it. Yul probably didn't have a hard time interrogating him.

 

"Probably? And now I don't care if people are talking bad about me. It wasn't like it was my fault though." Seohyun shared as she smiled so bright.

 

"Yeah, that's what I telling you."

 

"And if it were them on my shoe, would be so brave to save her right away? Everyone would feel the same way as me." She added, sighing in the process without dropping her bright face. 

 

"Let's not read any comments anymore, okay? They just give us headaches and they don't deserve to know the truth if they judge you right away." Jessica advised. She's so hyped seeing her bright face. They are so contagious.

 

"Definitely, Unnie. But I posted my statement on social media." A big grin formed Seohyun's face.

 

"What?" Hurriedly, Jessica opened her phone and she got the notification of her post indeed. She taps it and it opens to her post. The post is a written letter to her fans and the public.

 

Dear my fans and everyone;

I'm writing this letter with this apology for causing a stir about the screenshot photo of a certain CCTV video.

Yes, I admit my mistake that I got coward on helping the woman but if you were in my position, who just got out from the car which the other car crashed into, will you think mindfully? If you were strong enough to see blood all over while enduring pain in your head, then I commend you for acting fast. However, we all are different. We all have our weaknesses and I do believe I don't deserve this criticism. 

And FYI, I did my best to help her. I even called an ambulance for her. I'm not a superhero to save someone that fast.

To everyone messaging me that they're supporting me, I appreciate all the love. But to people that judge me right away, thank you still because you cared to post even a lot of negative comments. It just made me strive to work and give you guys a better and stronger side of me.

My album will be coming soooon this year. Look forward to it. 

 

P.S. @YoongHusband you're such an inspiration. I love you, baby. 

@jessica.sjy Thank u for always being by my side, Unnie.

@yulyuk Oppa, thank u for everything. I love you~

 

"Yah, where's my I love you too?" Jessica complained when it's her the only one who doesn't have the three words.

 

"Chincha?" Seohyun quickly checks it back and smiles sheepishly at her manager. "I'll edit it Unnie." She said earning a knock on the head.

 

"Aish, just because I'm the only woman on the mentions."

 

"hehehe." She snickers and edited it right away. "You know I love you al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter