Ten

Marry Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10 | Rumors

 

***

 

Pausing the video, Yoong took his time to breathe and process the information. He leaned back to his seat and wipe his tears off as he close his eyes.

 

'How did this happen? Was this intentional? She gave me this so I will be aware that she's in the accident? I told her weeks ago. Why just now? Why didn't she tell me right away? Aish.' He opens his eyes back and plays the video again. Right then, Seohyun finally approach the car but she was still hesitant. 'It took her fifteen minutes to decide.' He realizes as he notices the time of the video. 'No wonder Tiffany was already unconscious when I got there.' It got more painful when she released Tiffany carelessly. ". She can't really do good, can she?!" It hurts and upsetting to learn about it.

 

Closing the laptop, he covered his face with his cold hands as he broke down into tears. His frustrations and pain have mixed up. He barely can take it. He wanted to scream it out but he is thinking of his son he's going to wake up. "She didn't even stay. She's probably so guilty." He muttered, crying silently. "What a coward. !"

 

Getting up, he dropped the paper on the floor and noticed there was a letter on it. He wiped his tears off as he picked it up and read the letter.

 

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I know this kind of apology is the most cowardly thing to do just like how I got scared on seeing Tiffany there... but I can't take to seeing you hurt. Just like you, I've grown to like you more than just the show. This is so hard for me that I choose to do this kind of apology.

I regret not telling you early. I should've known even before committing a relationship. It shouldn't have been this painful.

 

I hope you forgive me in time.

 

P.S. by the time you're reading this, I'm already back to my apartment. Also, don't think about the show anymore, I'm canceling it and I'm divorcing you on Monday.

 

Seohyun

 

Due to frustrations, he crumpled it and throw it in the nearby trash bin. He kicks the bed as he dives and muffled his scream against the bedsheets.

 

-

 

For the second time, Jessica was greeted by Seohyun wearing pajamas. But it's the first time seeing her drinking canned of beers in Han River park instead of her apartment. For someone who is a public figure, she can make another stir if someone caught her alone, drinking.

 

"It's his isn't it?" She took her sear next to her.

 

Seohyun tilt her head to her right. "What do you mean?" And ask her manager.

 

"The pajamas. That's the second time I've seen you wearing that. He loves batman eh?" Jessica chuckled to give some light in the heavy atmosphere.

 

"Yes. I stayed over in his house." Muttered Seohyun, sighing in the process. "I already told him." And took a sip of the beer on her right hand. 

 

"Not surprising you're drinking right now." 

 

"But in a coward way."

 

"What do you mean?" Jessica's turn to be confused.

 

"I left her the flash drive and a letter." A bitter chuckle escaped Seohyun's lips. "I don't want to hear his hurting words towards me that's why." 

 

"Well, it's hard for you to do that." Jessica commented, rubbing the young singer's back. "It's the easiest way. But at least you have finally lifted that burden inside you."

 

"I don't know, it feels so heavy." Seohyun muttered, taking another sip. "Because I know he's hurting right now."

 

"Yah, don't try to imagine." 

 

"I'm guilty that's why." She defended herself, sniffling afterwards. "When you love someone, you shouldn't hurt that person. But I did."

 

"Love and pain are best friends." Jessica reminded. "You can't tear them apart. It's always like that. As if you didn't experience it with Taehyung."

 

Seohyun chuckled. "Indeed. In a span of one month, I was broken twice." She hated it so much.

 

"Why is fate so cruel to you?" Jessica finds it unfair. "I thought it's always a happy ending? If you find the guy fated to you?"

 

"Guess? He's not the one." With another sip, Seohyun let her tears fall as she took a deep breath and exhales heavily. She throws the empty can and opened another one. "I already told him about the divorce too so there's no reason for us to meet again. I'll hire a lawyer to work on it." 

 

"Aigoo." Jessica could only shake her head and continue to comfort her. She looks like she will stay by her side until she passed out from drinking.

 

Looking down to her necklace, Seohyun took it out and was about to throw it to the river when she change her mind. She give it to her manager instead. "Please throw it for me, Unnie." But she also realized she was wearing his sneakers. "Aish." So she also take it off.

 

"Yah, are you planning to get ?" Jessica got alarmed.

 

"No, silly." Seohyun chuckled. "It was all his. I don't think I will move on if I get to see them."

 

"But the pajamas, it's his too." Jessica reminded.

 

"I'll change later at home.

 

"I see. Give it to me. I'll keep them."

 

"What?" Seohyun chuckled in disbelief.

 

"Yah, they are expensive, you can't just throw stuff like that." Jessica reasoned and hastily brought the sneakers inside her shoulder bag together with the necklace.

 

"I don't know with you." Laugh Seohyun, casually sipping her beer. 

 

-

 

While his father is busy preparing his lunch box, Woojin noticed his eyes are tired. There are eyebags too. He wanted to ask but he knows he will only lie to him. So he just brushed it off and continue his breakfast. He's a bit sad though because Seohyun is no longer with them since yesterday. But he knows she will visit again next time so he isn't worried about it.

 

"You're finished?" Ask Yoong as soon as he put the lunch box in the bag. 

 

"Yes." Said Woojin, putting the last spoon of rice to his mouth and handing his plate to his father.

 

Yoong briefly smiled as he put it in the sink and wash it gently. 

 

"Appa, you okay?" Woojin can't hold back and ask. 

 

"Yup. Why wouldn't I be?" 

 

"Just that..." Woojin pauses as he ponders. "Nevermind." And he changes his mind.

 

"I don't have work today, so I'm taking you somewhere after school." Shared Yoong as he faces his son again with bright smiles.

 

"Chincha? Yay!" Woojin happily exclaimed. "And Noona will be with us?" 

 

Shaking his head, Yoong approaches his son. "She has a busy schedule today." He reasoned as he thought of the 'divorce' she mentioned in the letter. He's doesn't care. It was for the show since then either way.

 

"Chincha?" Woojin pouted cutely.

 

"Yes." Yoong picked up his son and put him down on the floor. "Let's go." He announced as he took his backpack and carry it for him as they exited the house.

 

-

 

"He won't sign the divorce papers not until you talk to him in person."

 

Seohyun can't believe what she heard from the lawyer. She has to cancel her recording session and drives herself now to the hospital. She didn't expect he would demand it even after confessing everything to him. 'What does he want?' It annoys her. She just wanted peace of mind already but he seems to be the opposite.

 

'Oh yeah, who am I to be mad? I did something wrong.' She slaps her own forehead and sighs heavily as she slows down on the road. "Don't make it so hard for me." she muttered, couldn't take another mental torture.

 

Moments later, she reached the hospital. She checks herself on the mirror first before wearing her sunglasses again as she steps out of the car. Walking inside, she took her phone out and call him, doesn't want to go further as she stays in the lounge.

 

"I'm at the lobby." She greeted him first.

 

[Where exactly?]

 

His voice sounds monotone. But at least he speaks. "Eunha Hospital." She replied in monotone as well.

 

[What are you doing there when I don't have duty today?] Yoong sarcastically chuckled. [I'm at Starbucks cafe, just near your agency.]

 

"What?" She exclaimed upon hearing it. "You just really let me drive to the hospital when you're only there?"

 

[Yah, I didn't know you were going to see me right away. I'm here because my friend works here.]

 

Seohyun hangs up and drags her heels heavily to her car again. She got in and angrily slapped the steering wheel. "He should've told my lawyer." she muttered, buckling her seat belt. She drives off right away.

 

-

 

Yoong is enjoying his chocolate cake and a cup of coffee with his colleague when he saw Seohyun's car that just park. 

 

"She's here." He told his friend and the latter excused himself to continue his work.

 

Adjusting his seat, he waited patiently until she reach him. He gestures her to seat while nonchalantly staring at her.

 

"What do you want to talk about?" ask Seohyun as she took her seat across him. Her heart raced nervously. His gazes are different. They're intense and she wasn't surprised at all.

 

"I can't believe you have to leave like that." Yoong broke his silence after a minute, not breaking their gazes. "But you are a coward just like you said. But I need to hear it from you, what really happened."  

 

Seohyun gulped and reached for the coffee near her but she figured she never ordered for her. It wasn't hers. So she retracted her hand and glance at him as she rubs her nape. "You already read what was on the letter. It was all that." She can't look at him back.

 

Yoong scoffed in disbelief. "What I mean is, before the crash. Can you tell me?" He demanded coldly.

 

"No." Seohyun instantly replied. "I-I mean... it's hard for me to recall what happened." She explained, afraid it might trigger her panic attack. "Just please, sign the papers. I know it's hard to forgive me so that's the solution I come up with." and she begs, staring back at him. It hurts how those sweet gazes are no longer before her.

 

"Do you know how much I hate you right now?" 

 

"I know. So please, don't make it hard for us."

 

"I ing hate you that I even search on the internet if I can charge you with what you did." 

 

She's taken aback. "What?" It never comes to her mind he can think like that. "Please don't." She trembles in fear.

 

Yoong sighs heavily. "Lucky you, there wasn't any law for that. Tiffany was still alive when I brought her to the hospital." He sends her glares as he took a sip of his coffee again. 

 

Seohyun couldn't say a word. It was too absurd that there are no words coming to her mind. And she can't keep her hands calm as she fidgets on her fingers, not looking at him. 

 

"You're sorry, right?" Yoong tried to see her face but the young singer won't look at him. "Then do as what I say."

 

Looking back at him, Seohyun raised her brows. "What do you mean?"

 

"Apologize to Tiffany's gravestone."

 

"I... is that going to guarantee your forgiveness?" She wanted to tell him, she already did but she couldn't. 

 

"We'll see." He smirks.

 

"Okay, I'll do it."

 

"Then stream it live."

 

"Are you insane?"

 

"You like to share everything in public, don't you? Do it." Yoong dares, sternly.

 

Seohyun ponders for a moment before she decided to shake her head. "I'm sorry but no. Stay hating me then." She got up and walked out of the cafe. 'He's getting back on me. Aish, I thought he's a different guy. He seems to be bad when he's mad and hurting.' She's wrong with all her instincts. "I'll never get to see a good guy these days." She sighs and drives herself again. She called her lawyer and ask for her help in paying the office of the register to invalidate their marriage. 

 

Meanwhile, Yoong stays in the cafe, thinking over what he did. He thought she would be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter