Twelve

Marry Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

12 | Train

 

***

 

"There was something on the memory card." Seohyun laid back on her bed while still thinking of what they learned. "She probably meets with Tiffany before the crash?" She squinted her eyes and turned to her right. "Did she fight with her then it was caught on the dashcam?" She switched to the opposite side. "It could be. Tiffany got furious and drive her car that night alone. Yoong-ssi mentioned he got depressed while on pregnancy though. Aish." She got annoyed. She lay on her back and sighed.

 

"Where was he when the accident happened? He didn't mention it though. Should I call him?" She got curious but is hesitant. "Aish, you need to stop thinking about, Seo Joohyun." She hits her forehead twice before she decided to just go to sleep.

 

However, she can't sleep. She pulled herself up and grabs her phone from her nightstand. "I should edit this name." She mumbled before pressing the call button on Yoong's number. 

 

[It's midnight. Why are you calling?]

 

"Did I wake you up?" She nonchalantly asks.

 

[Yes. Go to sleep-]

 

"Where were you when the accident happened?" She interrupted before he hangs up. The next line got quiet before he heard him back.

 

[Around 8 pm when I got off from work. I thought of Tiffany that time so I dropped by a coffee shop. She really loves vanilla so I decided to buy it for her. You know as a consolation for our previous fight. But I reached our apartment empty. I called her but she did not answer. I called her about thirty times but she really didn't. So I thought something happened and decided to look for her around our neighborhood. I didn't see her nearby so I used my Aunt's car to look for her further around the city. But I stumbled with two cars in the middle of the road, that's when I recognized her car and quickly acted to save her.]

 

"Um, that's a good short story." She slightly regretted asking but at least she confirmed he never saw Sunny that night. "Good night."

 

[How about you? Where were you before the accident.]

 

Her heart skipped a beat. 'Should I tell him?'

 

[Never mind. See you on Woojin's Birthday.]

 

"I came from Taehyung's house party." She slightly yelled. "He has a new apartment and he throws a party. After that, I... Went home alone because I have an early schedule the next day." But she finds herself telling him about that night. "I was... Actually drank a little that night. I mean, just three glasses but I wasn't really too drunk that I can drive. So yeah, I had... Broken a law that night too." She sighs and looked down to her lap. "You're not going to charge me... Right?" She asks in a low voice. She didn't hear an instant reply until his voice returned.

 

[You did nothing wrong. Good night.]

 

She was left confused. "What does he means?"

 

-

 

Unlocking the door, Jessica hurriedly heads straight to the bedroom and finds the young singer still sleeping. "I knew it." She muttered. She called her ten times before she decided to come to her apartment. "Yah! Wake up!" She slapped her bum so hard. "We are going to be late, idiot!" 

 

"Ugh, I'm still sleepy." Seohyun groaned and pulled the comforter up to hide but her manager pulled it down.

 

Jessica hit her back a few times. "We're so doomed if we come late, Seohyun-ah. Get up there!" She yelled in frustration.

 

"What time is it?" Mumbles Seohyun, still not in the mood to get out of bed. She had trouble sleeping since the last words from the doe-eyed. She wanted to stay in her bed so bad.

 

"Eight already! The filming starts at nine! You know that!" Jessica holds her shoulders and forcefully pulled her up.

 

"Please just cancel it." Seohyun mumbles as she plopped back to the bed.

 

"Come on!!!" Jessica whined incredulously. "We can't cancel this. It's for your music video." She reminded, pulling her up again.

 

"Tell Appa I am not in the mood." Seohyun once again dives to her pillows and covers her face with the pillow.

 

Grumbling, Jessica hits her arm one last time before she decided to call the chairman. "Um, Mr. Chairman..."

 

[Where is she? The director is already on the site!]

 

"She... She's still showering. We'll be there before nine." She hang up and quickly went to her closet. She grabs her pants, jacket, and white shirt. "Yah, go change. You have no time to shower." She instructed earning a groan.

 

Lazily, Seohyun grabs her clothes and walks to her walk-in closet to change with a grumpy face.

 

"You'll be fine, don't worry." Jessica shouted in assurance, sitting on the bed with a heavy sigh. She's tired yet she's used to it. It's fun when Seohyun is being lazy. She's like her second mom. "Omo, what is this?" She noticed papers on her desk and check on them. "You did nothing wrong?" She raised her eyebrows as the paper was filled with the same question. "Is this the reason she stayed up late? She's really crazy." She chuckled in amusement. 

 

-

 

"1 plus 1"

 

"is 2."

 

"2 plus 2."

 

"is 4."

 

"4 plus 4."

 

"is 8."

 

"8 plus 8."

 

"Is... " Woojin pauses as he counted on his little fingers. But he couldn't get it. "Appa, what's the answer?" ask him innocently.

 

Yoong smiled at his son through the rearview mirror while he was driving. "It's 16." He said and finally pulled the car into the parking lot. He unbuckled his seat belt and does the same to his son. "Give me a kiss." He demanded, pursing his lips.

 

Woojin giggles and kissed him. "Appa, I love you."

 

"I love you too, my Woojin." Yoong pinched his son's cheeks and took his hand as they walk to his school. His other hand is in his pockets. "Whoa, it seems a good day, eh?"

 

"It's the last day before the weekend!" Woojin exclaimed with his free hand in the air.

 

"You're excited about it?"

 

"Yes."

 

"And why?"

 

"Because I'm seeing, Seohyun Omma." He cutely giggles. "I can't wait."

 

"Aigoo, why do you love her so much?" Yoong sighs but is amused with his son.

 

"She's pretty, she plays with Woojin and she bought my favorites." Woojin said, couldn't stop smiling. "And she's your girlfriend." He looks up at him briefly. 

 

"Yeah, she is." Yoong just mumbles. Before they could reach his school, he realized parents are going back with their kids. "What's going on?" Causing him to stop one of them and ask.

 

"They're renovating the school. No class today, Mister." 

 

"Thanks." Yoong bowed his head a little and pick up his son to carry.

 

"Appa, what's wrong?" Woojin wonders, looking back and forth.

 

"They didn't inform us about the renovation. We're going back home."

 

"Omo, chincha? Woojin plays again?" 

 

Yoong rubs his son's head briefly. "No, it means, you're staying at Auntie Shin."

 

"What? I don't want." Woojin disagrees. "Please bring me to your working place instead." He suggested, pouting cutely.

 

"No one's going to look after you there." Placing his son down, Yoong opened the car door by the back seat. "Let's... Yah!" He shouted when Woojin suddenly runs away. "Woojin come back here!" He chases but his son runs faster. "Okay, we're going to the hospital!" He pursued causing him to stop at the side of the road.

 

"Chincha?" Woojin cutely smiled at him.

 

"Yes, so let's go now." Yoong approach him and was about to pick him up when he suddenly crosses the road. He got panic and quickly look at the left side to see if there was a car coming. There was one. He hurriedly chases him and grabs him before the car hits his son. 

 

Honks can be heard from nearby as he held his son close to him while catching on his breath. It reminds him of the car accident, he's too scared for him that he holds him tighter without moving an inch in the middle of the road. Woojin is too shocked to react but later did he cry, snapping him back.

 

He brought his son to the side of the street and comfort his son.

 

-

 

After calming down, he brought his son to a nearby convenience store and watch him enjoy corndogs. He can't believe what happened. That was the first time his son did it. If he wasn't quick enough, he would've been in the ER again, saving his son. He's so glad he grab him fast. He doesn't know what to do if he will lose him as well.

 

"Appa, I'm sorry." Woojin broke his silence as he looked at him in the eyes with a pout. "Woojin won't do it anymore."

 

"It's nothing." He smiled with a brief smile as he gestured to keep eating.

 

"You're not going to eat yours?" Woojin can see his untouched corndogs.

 

Yoong shakes his head. "Do you want it?"

 

"Yes, after this." Woojin cutely smiled and took another bite.

 

Suddenly Yoong was reminded by the video of Seohyun not moving an inch while watching Tiffany and he compared it to what he experienced earlier. 'It was probably what she felt that time, scared and can't do anything.' He now understands what she did. 'Why did I have to experience it before I can understand her situation that time? She must be traumatized by the incident.' He sighs, feeling bad yet he wasn't regretting believing she's sincere with her apologies. He had more reason to forgive her. 

 

"Appa!" Woojin called him that snapped him back to him.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Seohyun Omma is on the tv screen." 

 

Yoong followed his son's finger and turn behind him. It's a report about her denying the photos and confirming she didn't divorce him. "She's really fast." He's impressed.

 

"Appa can we get ice cream?" Woojin demanded.

 

"Of course." Doesn't want him to run again, Yoong got up and stepped into the convenience store. He returned with his chocolate ice cream.

 

"Thank you, Appa." said Woojin, happily his ice cream.

 

"Tsk, I thought you're going to eat my corndog." Yoong chuckled softly as he decided to finally take a bite while watching his son happily.

 

-

 

'Marry Me, Marry Me Say Yes, Marry Me Marry Me Say Yes~'

 

The song is playing in the background while Seohyun takes a break from their filming. Taehyung is the same, but unlike him, she's enjoying the sunshine outside of their filming studio. 

 

"Here you go." Jessica returned, handing her iced coffee.

 

"Thanks, Unnie." She smiled as she took a sip of it. "Ugh, it's refreshing~" 

 

"Definitely the best drink in this hot weather." said Jessica, taking her seat across her.

 

"Unnie, can I ask?" 

 

"What?"

 

Seohyun let out a sigh first while her eyes to the blue sky. "If someone tells you, You did nothing wrong, what does that mean?"

 

"Oh, is that the phrase I saw on your desk?" Jessica casually took a sip as well while staring at her.

 

"Yes. I'm confused about how to understand that."

 

"Yoong told you?"

 

Seohyun tilts her head to meet Jessica's gaze. She nodded to confirm. "I hate that he has to tell me something without explaining it or giving it a follow-up." 

 

"What the, is he hinting something?" Jessica exclaimed.

 

"Oh yeah, that's what I'm trying to say. But I couldn't figure it."

 

"Hmm, it's either he wants to tell you that he's good now or it was just nothing." She shrugs her shoulders.

 

Seohyun shakes the drink while pondering. She's really not so good at figuring something. But all that she knows is that Yoong had been really treating her well. It's as if he's over with the fact she's involved with the accident. "Guys like him are really hard to read." She mumbled, eating the ice carelessly.

 

"He's really something, isn't he?"

 

"Yeah. But I love it." She giggles.

 

Jessica took a tissue and wiped off the wet spot on her cheek. "And you're that woman who is crazy." she can't help and comment earning a glare. "But a crazy smart." She immediately added.

 

Seohyun winks playfully. "Tomorrow's weekend, can't wait to see Woojin."

 

"Oh, speaking of him, are you going to involve him now on the show?"

 

"I know Yoong won't allow that, I don't think it will happen." 

 

"Well, people are interested in you guys only." Jessica smugly says, shrugging her shoulders in the process.

 

"By the way, Unnie, should I show to him the new video?" ask Seohyun as it crossed her mind. She had been thinking of it earlier too besides what the doe-eyed told him.

 

"It's up to you. But Yul suggested you do it so we can conclude the bottom of this whole accident. He can ask Sunny about this you know."

 

"I'm curious too... what's her part to this." She softly uttered, as she drinks her iced coffee in one go while her mind is on the video she saw.

 

"Breaktime is over!" The assistant director announced. Seohyun hastily gives her drink to Jessica as she gets up and walks back inside.

 

Taehyung also came out of his van and followed her inside. He didn't miss to bow to Jessica.

 

"Was he had been there? Omo, did he eavesdrop?" Jessica hurriedly followed everyone. 

 

-

 

The living room is a bit messy with stuff Jessica brought from her previous apartment. Yul came back with plastic snacks and beers. He wanted to scold her for not being fast but he noticed she was spacing out while holding to her picture frame.

 

"Penny of your thoughts Ms. Jessica Jung?" He took a seat on the sofa and throws her a bag of chips just to hit her head. "Oops, Sorry." He apologizes right away. 

 

"Aish." Jessica just glared at him as she put the frame down and opened the chips. "I was just thinking of Taehyung learning something about Yoong and Seohyun."

 

"Did you guys talk more in detail?" Yul casually enjoys his beer without unlocking his gaze to the blonde.

 

"Nope. Just that his stares towards me earlier feel like he learned something. Aish, we should've known he's just nearby. We would've been careful." said Jessica, taking a bite of the potato chips.

 

Yul nodded gently. "Unless he doesn't something crazy, you guys are fine." He confidently says. "But Seohyun's telling him about the new video, right?"

 

"Yes. He'll tell him maybe the weekend." Jessica confirms. She smiles when her eyes land on their picture frame together on the floor. "I didn't lie when I say I didn't throw this away." She proudly showed it to him.

 

Yul got off of the sofa and took it from her. "Whoa, this was in Jeju. The best vacation we had." He can still remember it.

 

"For me, our best vacation was when we visited your hometown, Busan. I get to know your family more." Jessica shares her thoughts. 

 

"Yeah, they love you in an instant and we were able to explore my hometown more." Yul couldn't agree more. He just automatically change his best vacation with the blonde as well. 

 

Ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter