Six

Marry Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

6 | Conditions

 

***

 

Stepping out of the car, Jessica spotted Seohyun inside the cafe, wearing just a pair of pajamas. She called her and immediately drives to the place. 

 

"Where were you? Why are you wearing like that?" Ask her as she approaches her and took her seat across her. "People are staring." She added as she glances at other customers having their drinks.

 

"Unnie, do you know that Yoong has a son?" 

 

Jessica blinks her eyes couldn't answer right away. 

 

"I slept in his house and found... The nephew turned son. Aish, I should've believed what I heard. But he really lied to me." Seohyun sighs, taking her drink, and doesn't even mind some customers are taking pictures of her. She's apparently hurt and upset with him. It's just frustrating. 

 

"So, will you stop seeing him now that you know?" Jessica softly asks. She couldn't tell her she already knew, doesn't want to upset her more.

 

"Aish, I don't know. It's just frustrating. How could he lie to me?" 

 

"He probably wanted to protect him."

 

"Protecting his son from me?" Seohyun exclaimed. "Doesn't he trust me?!"

 

"Not like that. You're a public figure and people is keeping an eye on you. He doesn't want his son to be exposed to the public. He's been a private person since this started. Also, people might judge him if they learn he's a single father. At such a young age, he already has a son. Come to think of it." Jessica let out a sigh, watching Seohyun play with the straw while her eyebrows are nearly meeting. She's totally upset with him. And she understands. "If you don't want this to continue, you know you can just divorce him right away." She advises. 

 

"But the show is a success." Muttered Seohyun, as she groans in frustration. She couldn't come up with a decision at the moment. Her heart is still hurting. 

 

"Okay, just give it some time first. I hope you forgive him easily. Yoong only wants to protect someone close to him. And I think it doesn't matter if he's a father already. We should accept and deal with it." 

 

Seohyun pouted. "His son is cute though. But what if he also lied to me about being single?" She doesn't want to imagine it.

 

"Yoong is single. He is never married to anyone until you proposed to him, randomly." Jessica teasingly smiles.

 

"Aish, Unnieee!!!" Whined Seohyun as she wiggles her body.

 

Jessica laughs, knocking her head. "Don't be so hard on him. I know you like him already too."

 

"I don't even know anymore." Mumbled Seohyun, pouting sadly. 

 

"His son, was he happy to see you?" 

 

"He called me Omma." 

 

"Omo, that quick? That's adorable." Jessica giggles. "I want to see him too. Can we visit them today?"

 

"Yah! I'm still upset, here."

 

"But the boy doesn't have anything to do with that. Come on."

 

"Aish. I shouldn't have called you."

 

"Tsk. You are going crazy if you can't call me." Jessica stuck her tongue out playfully.

 

"Aigoo, if we end up together, I'm going to be an instant mother." Seohyun can't imagine herself. 

 

"Isn't that cool?"

 

"I never want to have a family right away." Seohyun defended herself. "Although I dreamed of getting married before I turn thirty."

 

"Getting married then make a family next. Yoong just gives you it to you in one go." Jessica realized it. 

 

"You should get married too, Unnie. It's fun."

 

"It's just like dating. Tsk."

 

Seohyun shakes her head. "Not at all. Being married makes you have a sense of responsibility." She smiled thinking of the doe-eyed yet she frowns right away upon remembering the son he keep from her. 

 

"Wow, what did he tell you to think like that now?"

 

"Anyway, thanks for the talk, Unnie. I'll see you in the next schedule." Getting up, Seohyun left the cafe with a drink in her hand.

 

Jessica let out a scoff watching the young singer outside. "She didn't even offer me a drink. Tsk." She got up and went to the counter to buy herself a coffee. Just then, Yul called her. "Yeah, she already knew." She nonchalantly answered his call.

 

[Lunch date, Ms. Jung?]

 

"Later?" 

 

[Absolutely. On the same restaurant.]

 

"Deal!" She firmly replied and hang up before she took her coffee and leaves peacefully.

 

-

 

Walking inside her apartment lazily, Seohyun plopped herself to the sofa and exhaled so loud, looking up to the ceiling in a daze. Her mind crossed to Woojin politely introducing himself bringing a tiny smile to her face. 

 

"Aish! Why am I thinking his son?" She shakes her head and sits up, just to land her eyes on the shoes she's wearing, taking her back to the second time they met. She pouts sadly. "Why do you have to lie to me?" Mumbles her, standing on her feet as she heads to the kitchen.

 

There was a note on the fridge.  

 

Prepared you the kimchi :)

 

"Hmhp. That was 2 days ago." She can't believe she has to reread it when he posted it days ago. She opened the fridge and finds the Tupperware of Kimchi already empty. "Did I finish it right away?" She doesn't even know.

 

She took her favorite ice cream and was about to return to the sofa when she stopped.

 

Don't eat ice cream a lot. It doesn't only damage your teeth, it will also break your voice.

 

She was reminded of Yoong's advice, causing her to return to the fridge and put it back in the freezer. "Aish, I hate him." She decided to take two bags of potato chips and grab a bottle of juice. "Don't come to my mind again, please. Don't come. Don't come. Don't come." She begs, finally going back to the sofa and enjoying another anime movie. But while she's watching the movie, she remembers all their laughter, giggles, and chases around the living room. "Ugh, I really like him." She gives up and admits herself yet sighs when she thought of his son again. 

 

-

 

"Good job everyone." Praising his team after successful surgery, Yoong takes his face mask off as he walks in the hallway exhaustedly. It was four hours straight of operation, he is already hungry. But he heads straight to his office and takes his rest on his chair. 

 

He close his eyes ready to take a nap when he opened his eyes back and saw the gloves Seohyun gave. It brought a tiny smile to his lips but it disappeared immediately when he remembered her reaction to learn about his son.

 

He hurt her. He upsets her. 

 

He knew it will come after deciding to keep his son from her but he's still disappointed with himself. He is regretting it.

 

"No secrets can really stay hidden." He heaved a sigh and closes his eyes back. But he opens his eyes again and grabs his phone on the desk to text her. 

 

to hyunwifey: I got scared. I was thinking of my son's safety and health when you offered me the show. You know how the public can be so harsh. I hope you can forgive me.

 

-

 

Seohyun reads the message and scoffed. "He should've thought of the outcome too once he lied to me. Aish." 

 

-

 

Not expecting her reply, Yoong throws his phone on the desk and leaned his back in his chair. He close his eyes again and after a couple of minutes, he heard his phone beep.

 

hyunwifey: I'm so upset right now. Let's not talk yet. Give me some time to sort this out.

 

He smiled, glad she didn't ignore his message. 

 

"Hey, Yoong." Sunny greeted her as she entered the office. 

 

Yoong turned his head to see his friend is holding that plastic cup of iced coffee. It has his face around it. "Who give that?" He got up and snatch the coffee. "What the. Am I an idol now?" He chuckled as he reads the text too that says: Save a lot of lives, Oppa, Fighting!

 

"Seohyun's fans club. They even send buffet as well for every staff in the ER and CS department." Sunny shares, giggling. "Aren't they the sweetest? They're cheering on you."

 

"Wow. I should tell her." He grabs his phone back and was about to text her when Sunny grabs his phone. "Wae?"

 

"Let's take a picture with the coffee." Sunny suggested, opening the camera right away, and poses with the coffee where his face is seen.

 

Yoong pointed at it and smiles brightly before they were captured.

 

"Tell her we are cheered on with the coffee." Sunny said handing his phone back.

 

"Yes." He sends their photos and captioned it with: Your fans sent a coffee truck and buffet to the hospital. Send our gratefulness to them, it's cheering us well. 

 

-

 

Seohyun just returned from the kitchen saw the notification. She casually opened it as she took her seat on the sofa. She unconsciously smiled at their photo together and felt grateful for her fans. They never failed to support her even someone close to her.

 

-

 

"Appa, where are we going?" Woojin looked up to his father, wondering. His father fetch him again which made him so happy.

 

"Somewhere you will really love." Yoong answered, flashing a bright smile to his son.

 

"Ferris Wheel?" Woojin guesses. It's been months since he last rode it. He wanted to wish again.

 

"To the Wishing Wheel." Corrected Yoong, glancing at his wristwatch.

 

"Chincha? Can't wait!!!" Woojin got excited that instant.

 

The bus came, they walked inside along with the other passengers. 

 

"But why didn't we borrow Auntie's car?" ask Woojin again as he took his seat next to the window.

 

"She's using it." Explained Yoong. Someone recognized him, sending smiles towards him. He just bowed his head briefly and smile awkwardly.

 

"Do you know her?" Woojin noticed it.

 

"Yes? No."

 

"Then why did she smile at you, Appa?" 

 

Yoong laughs and gently rubs his son's head. "You really have a lot of questions.

 

"I'm just curious." Woojin giggles.

 

"Aigoo, let's just listen to music in the meantime." Yoong opened his phone and his airpod. He handed the other earphone to his son and play a pop song.

 

-

 

Instead of going straight to the Ferris wheel, the two went around the amusement park to have some fun. Yoong is like a kid, wearing the bunny headband too and eating everything his son eats, especially cotton candies and gummy bears. He also bought his son stuff toys instead of winning them on a claw machine, bought him new t-shirts and pants that have his favorite anime printed.

 

"Are you happy?" asks Yoong softly, while they're now in one of cars in the Ferris wheel.

 

Woojin let out a huge yawn before he bobs his head up and down. "Soooo happy, Appa. Thank you." He hugs his arm, flashing a big grin.

 

"Aigoo, only for you, my love." Yoong's heart warms up, couldn't help and pinch his son's cheek.

 

"I thought I'm going to pass out today." Woojin jokes earning a scoff from his father. "I'm so happy that I want to play more." 

 

"But you know playing always is not good, right?" Yoong reminded, seriously.

 

"Yes, Appa." Woojin smiled as he nodded.

 

"But whenever I have the time, let's do this." 

 

"Chincha? Yippee!!!" Woojin got up and started jumping up and down.

 

"Omo, don't jump. You might break the glass." Yoong got worried and he immediately pull his son back to his seat.

 

"I just got excited, Appa." Woojin grinned widely. He hugs his father's arm and said, "I love you, Appa."

 

Yoong's smiled back. "I love you too, my love." He softly said, leaning down to kiss his forehead. "We're almost at the top. Prepare your wish."

 

Looking up, Woojin then take his time to think as he got quiet.

 

Yoong already got his wish so he just watch his adorable son, quietly.

 

When they reached the top, Woojin immediately clasps his two hands and wishes 'I wish for Seohyun Noona to be my mother.'

 

'I wish she forgives me right away.' Yoong also wishes in his mind.

 

-

 

[Sunday Morning]

 

Just like she usually does, Seohyun came to the recording studio earlier than her manager. She got the song last night and was surprised with it but she got no complaints knowing it's for the album and the agency has committed with Taehyung already.

 

While waiting for everyone with the producer, she played the demo on her phone and listens to it. It's Taehyung's voice and he wrote the song, which didn't fail her to think it's for her. 

 

She was reminded by his failed proposal, she started to think 'what if he never cheated on her?' What if he didn't change his feelings for her? And what if they got married at that concert? The situation would be different. Yoong wouldn't come to her life. And he doesn't have to lie to her. 

 

She sighs and takes the earphones off of her ears and wipes the few tears she shed.

 

The door opens and Taehyung walks in, wearing a blue blazer and white shirt. "Hey. I'm sorry I'm late." He sincerely says, handing her iced americano.

 

"No thanks. I'm saving my voice." Seohyun replied softly as well, couldn't look into his eyes. She opened her phone back and pretends to be busy by chatting with Jessica even though she was not answering. 

 

"Let's start in thirty minutes." The Producer says as he stepped off the room.

 

Taehyung took his seat and glanced at Seohyun. "You heard the song?" He doesn't want to be awkward and strikes a conversation.

 

"Yes. And obviously, it's for me." Seohyun glances at him.

 

"I'm sorry." Again, Taehyung asks for her forgiveness. He can't still really move on and he is regretting everything. 

 

"Forget about it. Although you still made me feel uncomfortable." Seohyun chuckled. 

 

"Thanks. I just really need your forgiveness." 

 

"It's nothing anymore." 

 

"Saw the first episode. I'm glad to see you're happy." Taehyung can't help and mention it. 

 

Looking back at him, Seohyun isn't convinced it was okay for him. He's smiling indeed but his eyes aren't. They're sad. He definitely still can't move on. "I hope you find the right woman, Tae." She sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter