Seven

Marry Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7 | For You

 

***

 

"Appa what took you so long?" Woojin runs to his father and hugs him. He had been waiting for him since he got bored playing games on his phone.

 

Yoong bends over to pick his son up and carry him in his arms. "Let's go to sleep."

 

"Hmm? Did you cry?" Woojin noticed his father's eyes are red and he has puffy cheeks. He cupped his cheeks as he pouted. "Wae?"

 

"Nope. The dust came to my eyes." Yoong smiled in assurance.

 

"Chincha?"

 

"Yes. Don't worry."

 

Woojin wrapped his arms around his father's neck as he hugged him. "Woojin love you Appa." He softly says. He doesn't know why he cried but he wanted to comfort him. 

 

Yoong breathed in and exhales. "Me too honey." He whispered and kissed his cheek. He walked them upstairs.

 

As he gently puts him to bed, Woojin hastily grabs his naruto toy and tucks himself inside the comforter as laid down, hugging it. "Appa sing me a song." He requested, wearing a big choding smile he got from him.

 

Yoong smiled warmly as he sits next to his son. He put his hand on his small chest and started tapping it gently. Woojin closes his eyes while smiling.

-

"You're my sunshine, my only sunshine." He began. "You make me happy when skies are gray." He unconsciously remembers the night he heard his first cry.

 

"Intern Im, we don't have an ob-gyn available at the moment."

 

"What?" Yoong is stunned to learn. "Where the are they at this moment?" He screams furiously. He brought his unstable girlfriend to the ER with the rescuers just to learn about it.

 

Suddenly Tiffany's vitals are dropping, bringing his attention back to her. A doctor is there and started to perform CPR on her chest. He stood next to her, watching the monitor of her heartbeats continuously dropping. "Stay with me. Stay with me, Fany-ah." He looked back at Tiffany and took her cold hand, holding it next to his bloody face. "Stay with me.... please..." He begs desperately until...

 

"Defibrillator" The doctor instructed after a couple of minutes. "Clear." And shock her. Still, the heartbeats are dead. "Clear."

 

Yoong dropped to his knees, couldn't believe what was happening before his eyes. Tears are streaming non-stop while the doctor is trying his best to bring his girlfriend back to life. It's too painful to see. The person he loves all his life is leaving him. How is he going to keep his life going? 'No... no... ' he wailed, endlessly.

 

"Clear."

 

*shock*

 

"Tiffany Young, 10:09 in the evening-"

 

"Andwae." Refusing to accept it, he got up and snatched the defibrillator from the doctor. He shocks her once again but the heartbeats are still the same. "Come back to me!" He furiously shouted and tried it again but still no use. The nurses grab him to prevent him from doing it again. "FANY-AAAAAHHHH!!!" He screams painfully. "YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME LIKE THIS."

 

He dropped on his knees and continue to cry... Everyone around him is looking down as they allow him to mourn in silence.

 

"Intern Im. We can't waste time." But after a couple of minutes, The doctor approaches him. "You need to save your baby." And remind him.

 

Yoong looked up, and his eyes widened as he turned to Tiffany's stomach, mentally scolding himself for forgetting their child. "M-my son... my son." He pulls himself up, shakily and holds the stretcher for support. "B-but doctor Seo, there's no ob-gyn that can perform cesarian."

 

"Didn't you hear me? Save your baby, Intern Im. I'll be right here to guide you." The doctor firmly said and gesture the nurse to move.

 

Yoong is flustered and finds himself frozen. He's an intern for the heart not for babies which he had no idea how to perform. How is he going to do that?

 

"Hurry, Intern Im."

 

He shakes his head and hurriedly leads everyone in pushing the stretcher of Tiffany, as they transfer her to the operating room. He wore the gloves, masks, and gown as he stood next to her, staring sadly down at her lifeless face. It breaks his heart but he can't let another lose if he doesn't save his son. He close his eyes calmly as he breathed in deeply and slowly exhales. He open his eyes again and began the procedure with the help of another doctor.

 

After an hour, His heart skipped a beat to have a view of his son inside Tiffany's abdomen. He's tiny and he doesn't know how to take him out which causes him to feel anxious.

 

"Intern Im, pull yourself together! Slowly hold his head behind and then his bum, and slowly lift him up." The doctor instructed.

 

He slowly nodded as he did as the doctor said. He shed tears, staring at his son whose eyes are close while breathing normally. Despite his heavy heart for losing his girlfriend, he's smiling, he's chuckling as tears keep dropping. The tiny beautiful child in his hands is "I'm a father now... I'm a father." He said, earning smiles from everyone in the room. When he started crying, he got startled. He gently transferred his son to the nurse. His cries are like music to his ears, he couldn't take his eyes off of him.

 

But when he thought of Tiffany, "Nurse Oh, can I ask a favor? Can you put him beside his mother?" He told her and he was granted.

 

"Fany-ah, look, our son." He said, gently placing her hand on their child's little hand. "He's so precious... just like you." he said softly and kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I wasn't able to protect you." He once again wailed as he dropped to his knees and hang his head low. "But I promise... I promise I will protect our son." His son's cries joined his sobs, filling up the entire operating room.

-

"I'll always love you. And make you happy." Yoong choke with his singing as he tried not to cry and keep on singing. "And nothing else could come between. But if you leave me to allow another." When he realized Woojin's asleep, he turned off the night lamps and kissed his son affectionately to his forehead before he walked out of his room.

 

He huffed as he walk downstairs, grabbing himself a bottle of water. He doesn't want to cry anymore after breaking down in front of Seohyun. And he successfully did when he decided to go out and jog around the neighborhood.

 

-

 

*thud*

 

Seohyun groaned in frustration after falling on the treadmill. She had been running for an hour on it and every five minutes, she'll lose her balance. It's as if someone is talking about her, she keeps falling early morning.

 

Sighing heavily, she got up and grab her face towel as she took her seat. She took her bottle of water and have a couple of gulps.

 

Just then, she heard her phone beeped next to her. She just lazily picked it up to check her manager's message.

 

manager J: Nice, you're early trending with Yoong. You didn't even invite me to his son's recital! Tsk.

 

Just like she expected, photos are circulating online easily. She checks the reaction from netizens, only to find most of it negative. They're acting like they've been fooled by her show, and that they should've told them beforehand. 

 

"Aish, I hate them." She mutters, throwing her phone carelessly nearby. "We're not obliged to tell them everything, tsk."

 

Getting up, she was about to set her foot on the treadmill again when she heard the doorbell. Not expecting anyone, she casually head out of her gym room and headed to the intercom, just to see the delivery guy. 

 

"Flowers?" She raised her eyebrows, walked to the door, and unlock it. "From who?"

 

"Just read the note, Ms. Seo." The delivery guy smiled and bowed after handing the flowers. 

 

Seohyun close the door back once the guy left. It's a mix of flowers of red roses and white roses. 

 

Thank you for comforting me last night

- Yoong

 

Her lips curved into a giddy smile after reading the note. She closes her eyes and smells the bouquet of flowers. "Why so sweet?" She giggles, walking to her vase in the living room. "Now I have the reason to put real flowers." She took the plastic flowers out and replaced them with the roses.

 

"Oh wait." She suddenly thought of something and animatedly runs to the gym to get her phone back then returned in no time. She took a picture of the flowers and send it to the doe-eyed along with a message: 

 

Thanks ;) I love them.

Have a good day, Doctor Im ♥

 

She giggles after sending. Just a couple of seconds later, she received his response.

 

YoongHusband: I know you'll love it. See you later~

 

She wanted to reply right away but she heard another doorbell, causing her to get up and find a new delivery guy. "Another bouquet?" She thought of the doe-eyed sending it again and excitedly opened the door. But the note made her expressionless.

 

Thank for you collaborating with me, Seohyun-ah.

Looking forward to seeing you again next time. 

- Taehyung

 

The flowers are her favorite, which is a bouquet of chrysanthemums. She returned to the living room and looked at the roses and the new bouquet. "Tsk, did they plan this together?" She chuckled in amusement. But realized she hasn't told the doe-eyed some of her favorites, and that includes the flowers.

 

-

 

Bowing to every staff, especially the cameraman, Seohyun immediately opened her arms and hug her manager, tightly. Then she pulled back and fix her hair.

 

"Is this because you forgot to call me last night?" Jessica isn't buying the younger girl's sweetness. She's still upset about the recital. She could've seen Woojin personally for the first time.

 

"Yah, it's just a recital Unnie." Seohyun smiled and poke her nose playfully.

 

"Aish, you better not do this again." Mumbled Jessica, pouting dramatically.

 

Seohyun hug her again and squeezed her. "This is why I love you Unnie." She giggles in the process.

 

"Go find your husband." 

 

"Hmm? He's not here yet?" She looked around the garden but couldn't find him. Only the farmer and the owner is around. Their next filming is helping the farmers plant their cabbages. 

 

Jessica shakes her head. "Didn't he tell you he's on the way?"

 

"Yes, he told me earlier." Seohyun took her phone from her pocket and gasped to see an unread message from the doe-eyed. "He got stuck in traffic. Might take him an hour to arrive." She explained.

 

"That makes sense." Jessica shrugs her shoulders. "We'll wait then." She said and walked to the farmers to talk to them.

 

Taking her seat to a nearby wood bench, Seohyun dialed Yoong's number. It rings for a couple of seconds only. "Are you still stuck?" 

 

[The traffic is moving now. Mianhe.]

 

"It's okay." She doesn't mind. "We have enough time later." 

 

[Thank you.]

 

"How about Woojin? Who's looking after him?" She's curious. Since she promised not to include his son ever on the show.

 

[My Aunt. He usually goes to their house and plays with his cousin. No worries.]

 

"Oh, that's good. Your family really supports you." 

 

[I pay them though.] Yoong chuckled as he reveal.

 

"I almost thought it's free. Nothing's free indeed now. But I understand, you might burden them." 

 

[You're right. So I won't feel bad too.]

 

"Anyway, I should hang up now. Take care on the road." Seohyun's turn to remind him.

 

[Yes, Seohyun-ssi.] 

 

Ending the call, she smiled and turned her head to her manager nearby. She looked up to the sky and smile wider, as the sky is clear today. She can feel it, it's going to be a good day.

 

-

 

As Yoong arrived, he apologized to everyone immediately and prepared for their filming. He talks with the farmers before he spotted Seohyun nearby, talking with her manager.

 

"Are you going to wear like that?" He approaches them with a question. The young singer is wearing a casual dress, inappropriate for farming. 

 

"Wae? Aren't you going to change your clothes too?" Seohyun strikes back when Yoong is also wearing pants and a blouse.

 

"Yah, you both change outfits." Jessica chuckled. "We have a tent nearby for dressing and changing room." She informed and leads the two.

 

-

 

Wearing floral jogging pants and long sleeves, Seohyun and Yoong pose dorkily to the camera holding shovels and cabbages. Both don't mind the amused smiles from everyone. They're more than excited to plant veggies than to mind what they're wearing.

 

"How are you now?" While shoveling on the ground, Seohyun can't help and ask in concern to the doe-eyed. She left when he told her he was fine but she wasn't convinced.

 

"I'm good." Yoong assuredly says, flashing a sincere smile. "I felt always better whenever I cry. I'm sorry about that by the way." He planted the cabbages to every hole Seohyun makes. 

 

"Big boys cry too." Seohyun smiled back. It was a rare sight but she understands it's hard for him to share about his past. She would do the same as well if she experienced the same.

 

Noticing her hair strands are covering her face, Yoong reached for them and help her fix her hair. "Omo." Only to put dirt on her cheeks.

 

"Hmm?" Seohyun raised her eyebrows.

 

"There's some dirt on your face." 

 

"Chincha? Where?" She unconsciously touched her face without thinking causing the doe-eyed to chuckle. "Wae?" 

 

"You just put more dirt." Yoong laughs. "Do you have..." He looked around in search of tissue paper but there was nothing besides their clothes and dirty gloves.

 

"Should I put on some dirt on you too?" Seohyun grins but before she can touch his face, the doe-eyed quickly dodged. "Yah, come here." And she tried to reach for him again but he got up. "Aish." 

 

"I'm warning you... you're going to regret it." Chuckled Yoong, dodging another attempt from the young singer. "Omo." And before she can attack again, he jump off and started running.

 

Seohyun laughs, chasing him around the farm. "Let's make it even," she explained.

 

"No way!" Yoong responded, trying his best not to get caught.  

 

"Tsk, tsk." Jessica watching from the side shakes her head in disbelief. But all cameramen is loving it as they keep following the couple's movement.

 

-

 

One feed leads to more feed, Yoong is enjoying it, especially when Seohyun opens so big for the incoming food. She's literally so hungry after their chase earlier. But they have to return later because the farmers complain about the damages.

 

"Say ah." For the last time, he offers her the last spoon and the young singer gladly open so wide. "You're going to break the world record for having the biggest mouth." He jokes.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter