Eight

Marry Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8 | Love

 

***

 

'The more I get to know him, the more I am convinced this is a punishment.'

 

Seohyun stopped from jogging as she give herself time to breathe. Since she accidentally saw the CCTV footage last night, she hasn't felt good. She wanted to forget about it but it just keeps on crossing her mind. Especially since she deleted the message and the missed call coming from the unknown sender. She's a coward, she knows herself.

 

Opening the lid of her water bottle, she took her seat to a nearby bench and took an of gulps of it. She let out a loud sigh, staring at a young boy and his father nearby, with a heavy heart.

 

There are a few things she's afraid of; she'll hurt him, he'll despise her and she might lose him. She'll end up broken if everything will be revealed to him. It wasn't even a month yet but here she is, dealing with something she never thought would happen. It's even worse than getting stressed overwork. It's absurd.

 

"What's your plan to me, Ms. Tiffany-ssi?" She chuckled bitterly. "First you make me like him, then learn his son and then learn that they're your family." She tightly grips on the water bottle as her chest gets heavy. "What's next?"

 

Suddenly, her phone rings from her pocket. She just casually pressed the button on her airpod to answer it. "Seohyun speaking."

 

[Noona!]

 

Her heart lightened that instant when she heard Woojin's voice. "Hey, Woojin-ah." She answered softly. 

 

[Good morning. Appa is still cooking my breakfast. Thank you for sending his phone last night.]

 

"No worries." She smiled briefly. "Is that the reason why you called?" 

 

[Yes, Noona. Let's meet again tonight.]

 

[Yah, I told you no games yet.] Yoong's voice can be heard from the background.

 

She laughs after hearing his voice. "Your Appa is right. I'll see you maybe the weekend?" She mentally smack her head for coming up with something she wasn't sure about.

 

[Chincha? Appa, weekend?]

 

[We'll see. Hang up now, you are going to be late if you don't eat breakfast.] 

 

'Tsk. He doesn't even want to talk to me?' She thought at the back of her head but she decided to end the call right away before she couldn't stop talking to him. 'He's Tiffany-ssi's man, Seo Joohyun. You have no right.' She heavily sighs once again, looking up to the sky. She pouted sadly, reconsidering her feelings now for the doe-eyed. 'What am I going to do? I can't just suddenly stop talking to them... for no reason.'

 

"Cancel the show and divorce him."

 

She was reminded of Jessica's advice. "Yeah, that's the best thing to do." Mumbles her as she can feel her chest gets heavy. It's the best thing to do than to hurt him with the truth.

 

-

 

Yoong was listening to music while walking in the hallway when Sunny hit him behind, causing him to stop on his track and look at her. "What's wrong with you?"

 

"Are you forgetting me? You are not answering my calls lately." said Sunny, glaring at him.

 

"I thought you know I'm busy both filming and operating patients?" He reminded. True he's missing her calls but it was unintentional. "Aren't you busy as well?" He continued his walk and decided to put his earphones back in his pocket.

 

"I am. I'm a nurse for a reason. By the way, how's life after getting exposed?" 

 

"Never been better. But I'm contented." Yoong flashes a bright smile. 

 

"Really? You're having fun being the talk?" Sunny chuckled in disbelief.

 

"As if I can do something about it. Just let them talk."

 

"Whoa, where is the private Yoong I know now?" She earning a rolling of eyes.

 

Yoong steps inside the lift and Sunny follows. "She loves to be Woojin's mother." 

 

"Omo. Chincha?" Sunny exclaimed. She's aware of the doe-eyed's past experiences that it surprised her too. "What did you feed her to even make her like that?"

 

Yoong shrugs his shoulders. "She really likes me too." His smile is from ear to ear. He can't think of anything rather being happy knowing she likes him back. 

 

"Aish, I'm kinda jealous." Mumbles Sunny as she pouts. "But happy for you, Yoong. You deserve to have someone who can accept you."

 

"Thanks, Noona." 

 

"By the way, reporters had been asking you since last week. Why don't you allow one interview? You know, for people to be aware of your true intention of keeping your child. So they won't think you're just using Seohyun."

 

"There are articles about me using her?" Yoong exclaimed. He hasn't checked anything online since the recital. "Aish."  

 

"Yes, there are a lot of them. You should clarify things so they will stop. It might reach your son." Sunny advises softly. "And you know kids these days, he might get bullied."

 

Yoong let out a sigh as he finds himself considering it.

 

-

 

Click. Flash. Click. Flash.

 

Seohyun fiercely poses to the camera, wearing an all-black suit and pants without wearing any bra, which makes her cleavage very exposed ily. Her hair is ruffled to make her look hotter. It's a magazine shoot and the theme is provocative.

 

"Hot! Give me more iness, Seohyun-ssi." 

 

Parting her lips lightly, she put her right hand on her shoulder and the other hand is on her waist. She looks at the camera seductively.

 

Click, flash, click, flash.

 

"Nice job." The photographer praised her, giving her a thumbs up.

 

She bowed and walked to her manager right away, walking casually to the dressing room to change her outfit.

 

Wearing a black leather jacket and black leather hot pants, she returned to the studio in just a couple of minutes. There's a motorbike waiting for her to pose with.

 

She mounted on it as she looks at the camera, fiercely. 

 

Click, flash, click. 

 

Everyone in the studio is in awe of her professionalism. Some staff took pictures for behind the scenes.

 

Sitting on the floor, Seohyun poses with the bike without looking at the camera. She's hearing praises in the background which made her smile from time to time.

 

Suddenly a white furry enters the studio, her attention shifted to it in an instant.

 

"Kyaaa... Ppoppo-ya!" She brightened as the dog approach her. She crouches down and carries her. "Miss you, Ppoppo." she kiss the dog's head and lips as the latter tried to her. 

 

Taehyung walked in, bowing to the staff and Jessica who greeted him.

 

"Yah, I thought you are going to send her to the apartment?" Seohyun glared at him playfully.

 

"I heard the photoshoot so I head straight here." Taehyung explained himself.

 

"The shoot isn't over yet." The photographer reminded.

 

"Oh yeah, I'm sorry. Come here, Ppoppo." Taehyung called the fluffy puppy and the latter ran to him.

 

Jessica smiled at him. "It's better to carry her for now." And advises the young man.

 

"Of course Noona." Looking for a seat, Taehyung found one near the buffet and decided to wait for the shoot to end.

 

Moments later, Yoong arrives at the studio too, carrying a bouquet of flowers. He got some attention from the staff which made him bow briefly to them with all smiles. But he frowned when he spotted Taehyung. 'He's here too?' He flashes a fake smile to him before he took his seat as well.

 

'Tsk, Seohyun must be the prettiest woman for them.' Jessica can't help and comment. But it amuses him that both can't even look at each other.

 

When the shoot was done, Taehyung hastily approach Seohyun, beating Yoong who came right after.

 

"Can we grab some lunch?" Ask Taehyung, smiling sweetly.

 

Seohyun was about to answer when she realized Yoong is also present. She smiled at him before she returned to Taehyung. "I have another appointment. Mianhe, Tae."

 

"Chincha? With Yoong-ssi, isn't it?" Taehyung could tell.

 

"Yes." Seohyun smiled briefly. "Aigoo, Ppoppo, let's meet later." She rubs the puppy's head gently.

 

"Why don't we have lunch together?"

 

"I don't think that's a good idea." Yoong butted into their conversation. He stepped in and handed the flowers to the young singer.

 

Taehyung scoffed. "You hate me, don't you?" 

 

"It's you who hates me." Yoong chuckled in disbelief.

 

"Then why it's not a good idea?" Taehyung asks sternly as he steps forward but Seohyun immediately steps in between them.

 

"Please, Tae. I thought we're good now?" Seohyun softly asks. "Don't create trouble here." She advises. She could feel all the eyes are on them. 

 

"I am not. I'm just suggesting a lunch together." Taehyung defended himself.

 

"Fine. Let's grab a group lunch. Everyone, the lunch is on me." Seohyun announced loudly and everyone thanked her. 

 

Both Taehyung and Yoong frowned, looking at her.

 

"The more the merrier." Seohyun reasoned, smiling awkwardly. "I'll change first." And she hurriedly headed to the dressing room.

 

Jessica scoffed in disbelief, following the young singer casually.

 

-

 

Everyone's noise is filling the barbecue restaurant, all coming from the staff, enjoying their lunch while conversing immensely. But the next table is quiet. Yoong and Taehyung sitting across from each other in between Seohyun are glaring at each other. It had been thirty minutes yet both can't drop their glares. 

 

"Come on, it's not a bad thing to be friends." Seohyun broke her silence.

 

"No way!" Both guys exclaimed at her. 

 

She was taken aback. "Aish, childish. I'll just eat with Ppoppo." She got up and transferred to Jessica's table where Ppoppo is having lunch across her. 

 

Yoong sighs as he pouts, staring at Seohyun. "How could you ruin my lunch date?" He shot Taehyung another glare before taking a big bite on his meat.

 

"I arrived first." Taehyung muttered, glaring at the doe-eyed as well. "Your fault not mine." 

 

"Tsk, I am the husband either way." Yoong shrugs his shoulders and giggles victoriously.

 

"Husband for the show.' Taehyung snickers. "A single father husband." 

 

"What?" Yoong slammed his hand on the table, furiously. 

 

"Oh, are you offended?" Taehyung laughs sarcastically. "I'm sorry." 

 

Getting up, Yoong grabs his collar as he pulled him up, close to his face. "Wae? What's wrong with being a single father? I am not breaking in law, while here you are, shameless on what you did to Seohyun. What did you take to have such a thick face, eh? You are on drugs, aren't you?" He whispered sternly. 

 

" you!" Taehyung muttered. "Let of me, bastard!" 

 

"Yoong let go of him." Seohyun approaches their table in concern.

 

Pushing him off, Yoong exhales and glared at him one last time before he walked out of the place. He is burning in anger inside while clenching his fists as he crosses the road. But he stopped and screamed, " YOU ALL!" His frustration, stunning passersby. He doesn't mind and continues his way to the subway.

 

Seohyun attempted to chase him but decided to stop, realizing they would only cause a scene. She could only watch the doe-eyed across the road. She heavily sighs, feeling sorry for him. 

 

-

 

Yoong and Woojin bowed to Auntie Shin before she left with her car. But as they turn to their right, they spotted Seohyun walking towards them.

 

"Seohyun Noona!" Woojin didn't think twice and he runs to her, meeting her halfway.

 

"Woojin-ah." Seohyun brightly greeted, crouching down to hug him. "How's your day?" She smiled at the doe-eyed nearby too. Yoong quietly smiled back at her.

 

"Great!" Pulling back, Woojin brightly smiled at her. "Are you here to pick me up?"

 

"What?! I told you no game yet." Yoong didn't even waste a second to remind his son. 

 

"Yes, I'm not here for that." Says Seohyun, flashing a sweet smile. "Let's play with your toys instead, shall we?"

 

"Okay." Woojin's smile drops as he pouted sadly. He turned to his father and took his hand as they entered their house.

 

Getting up, Seohyun let out a sigh and followed the two inside.

 

-

 

Woojin is watching tv when she went downstairs after she left to the bathroom. She heard faint noises coming from the kitchen and peek inside to see the doe-eyed is busy cooking. Slowly, she walk in and took her seat, couldn't look away from him. She wanted to say something but he was reluctant.

 

"You're not just here for Woojin." Yoong broke his silence, glancing at the young singer across from him.

 

"Of course, I'm here for you as well." Seohyun instantly replied. She got up and walk close to him. "Can I help you?" 

 

"Just sit down. You're a guest." 

 

"But I'm not just a guest." She pouted cutely, poking at his forearm. "I'm sorry about earlier." she lowly, added.

 

Yoong look at her in the eyes. "You did not do anything wrong. Why would you apologize?"

 

She can't help and smile. "It's just that, I didn't do anything for you." She went behind him to wrap her arms around him. She cutely smiles now that their faces are inches apart.

 

Yoong just brushed her off as his attention returned to the soup. He resumes stirring it. "Tell your ex to slow down. He doesn't know what he is saying."

 

"It smells so good." Seohyun whispered.

 

"Me?"

 

"No, the soup." She giggles, pecking his cheek.

 

Yoong scoffed and smile giddily.

 

"I really should talk to him about it. He's getting out of hand when it comes to you." 

 

"By the way." Yoong turned to face her. "I'm planning to accept an interview offer."

 

"Omo, chincha? Wae?" Seohyun widened her eyes. 

 

"There are negative articles about me. I can't let them continue that. Will you be there with me?" Taking her hands, Yoong smiled briefly at her.

 

"Of course. When is that?" Seohyun got excited. 

 

"In two days. Help me with my outfit as well. You know I don't know how to look cool in front of the camera." He chuckled, embarrassed of himself.

 

"That job is so easy. Sheesh." Seohyun wrapped her arms around his neck and kiss him on the lips.

 

"I-I thought no kiss?" Yoong didn't expect it. "Should I flick you?"

 

"Oh yeah, I forgot." Quick, Seohyun retracted her arms. "Ouch." And yelp in pain when he flicks her forehead without warning. "Yah, that hurts."

 

Yoong peck on her lips as well to make it even.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter