Fourteen

Marry Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

14 | The Accident

 

***

 

Letting out a huge exhale, Yoong plopped himself to the sofa and smiled as he watches his son open every gift while smiling like a fool. He received a lot of friends, especially from his classmates. He's amazed that he still doesn't look exhausted after long hours of playing. 

 

"What did Seohyun Omma gifted?" He softly asks as he sits up.

 

"I haven't opened it." Woojin replied as he opened the fifth box. He got a toy car again. "I will have a lot of cars." He laughs and opened another box.

 

"Here, open Omma's gift." Yoong reached for the one wrapped with the naruto theme. He knows it's Seohyun's.

 

"Okay." Woojin put aside the one in front of him and received the rectangular box. It took him a couple of minutes before he got a view of the train. "Omo, Seohyun Noona got what I really wanted!" He happily exclaimed. "And it has new trails." He hastily opened the box and was amazed that it was bigger than his old train. It's almost like his size. "Oh, there's pair of pajamas too. Kyaaa, my favorite Pokemon."

 

"Wow, and she got you the bread too." Yoong is surprised to see another box inside the train's box. "She really didn't lie when she told me she'll buy you those."

 

"Appa, I want to wear it now." Woojin stands on his feet as he handed the shirt and takes off his old pajama shirt. His father helps him put on the new pajamas in the process. He then resumed opening the rest of the gifts, including Sunny's who gifted her another car toy. Jessica and Yul both got him fluffy stuff bears. 

 

"Alright, let's finish that tomorrow. You need to eat now." Getting up, Yoong walks to the kitchen to recook the few chickens left from the party. 

 

"Seohyun, Omma!" Woojin cried when he saw who had just come in, running towards her immediately.

 

"What? She's back?" He hasn't even started chopping the onions as Yoong runs outside. "I thought you have gone home?"

 

"I never even reach my apartment." Seohyun informed, taking a seat on the sofa with Woojin. "I forgot something to tell you but that would be later."

 

"Okay." Nodding, Yoong casually rubs her head a little and returned to the kitchen. He is all smiling as he resumes what he is supposed to do.

 

"Omma, can you help me open these?" ask Woojin, cutely smiling.

 

"Omo, you're wearing my gift now, eh?" Seohyun felt so giddy inside as she just noticed his new pajamas.

 

"Yes, am I cute?" Woojin flashes a wide grin.

 

"Definitely you're the cutest." Giggling, Seohyun takes her seat on the floor and helps the young boy open the remaining gifts.

 

-

 

"This is the second time." 

 

Seohyun jumped in surprised the moment she walked out Woojin's room. She literally slapped his arm and walk downstairs. 

 

"Just tell me you want to stay." Yoong chuckled as he follows her.

 

"I told you, I have something to tell you that's why I returned." She explained as she took her seat back on the sofa.

 

"And what it is it?" An amused smile plastered the doe-eyed's face. He doesn't have any idea so he's just patient throughout the night. 

 

Seohyun smiled back before she opened her handbag and took the flash drive from the pocket inside. "Here."

 

"Is this the same video?"

 

"Nope. It's a new one. And you might be interested." She explained.

 

Yoong nodded and took his phone from the coffee table. "You know, you shouldn't be hard on yourself now. I mean, that accident happens for a reason and I don't blame you for that." he told him before h inserted the flash drive into his phone.

 

"What's that supposed to mean?" Seohyun raised her eyebrows, still not figuring it.

 

"Yah, I already accepted what happened, okay? You're not supposed to even blame yourself. It was a pure accident. But I'm sorry that it traumatized you." Yoong explained further, smiling warmly. He learned about the panic attack was caused by the accident from Jessica. He felt bad and sorry for her. 

 

She widened her eyes as she just really understands it. "O...kay." Her face then softened as she smiles back. She felt like something was taken from her that her chest felt so light.

 

"Okay, what is this." Opening the file drive, Yoong was greeted by one video only. He casually plays it and waited until a familiar car pulled over before the two cars. "Wait. I know this... Sunny? What is she doing there?" He got another learning that really puzzled her.

 

"That's what I am asking her earlier." Said Seohyun and she played the video for him again.

 

"What the." Yoong slightly widened his eyes in surprise. "She's... checking... " He couldn't believe what he is staring at. It's like a bad dream.

 

"And took a memory card from Tiffany's dashcam." Seohyun added as she pause the video to where Sunny had just taken something from Tiffany's car. "When did she learn she got into an accident from you?" and she seriously asks.

 

"W-wait. Let me grasp this." Yoong favored as he breathed heavily. "This can't be happening." He's a bit confused as he remembers what happened that night. "I-I told her when I went home, after 2 nights of staying in the hospital." He looked at the young singer shakily. "I-I was going to the convenience store to buy myself some cigars when I saw her outside, alone." He pause when he realized Sunny's wearing the same gray university jacket to the video on the same night he returned home. "She never changed her clothes?"

 

"Wae?"

 

"This is the same jacket she wore the night I meet with her. I told her everything that happened and she didn't say a word. She just... she just hug me. To comfort me you know. Oh God... she didn't do it, did she?" He wanted to deny it because she's his best friend but his mind and the video is telling him otherwise. His chest once again got heavy as he looks at the video once again. "Please don't tell me... she did it."

 

"I don't know either." Seohyun shrugs her shoulders. "I ask her but she doesn't want to tell me. You should ask her yourself, Yoong-ssi." She softly says, taking her other hand, and gently squeezing it.

 

Yoong sighs heavily. "This is ridiculous."

 

"I'm with you."

 

"I mean, all I know is that she's best, best friend ever." He chuckled bitterly. "What did she do?" He really couldn't believe it. Sunny is close with Tiffany too, how can she do something like that? He trusted her and she betrayed her.

 

-

 

"She took a leave." 

 

"What?" Yoong exclaimed when he heard it. He asked the nursing department about Sunny since he didn't see her during his lunch break. "For how long?" 

 

"A week, Doctor Im." The nurse handed him a paper of Sunny's confirmation about her leave.

 

He reads it and finds out she needs to go back to the province for personal reasons. "Is she avoiding me?" He suspected.

 

"I heard his grandma had a heart attack. She was asked by her parents to look after her." Another nurse informed from the side. "She didn't call you about this, Doctor Im?"

 

"I wouldn't be asking if I knew. Thanks for your time." Bowing his head a little, Yoong walked back to the lift and pressed his floor number, and let out a sigh. 'If it's true, then she didn't avoid me.' He casually took his phone out and called her mother. It took only a minute when he heard the next line was picked up.

 

[Omo, Yoong. It's been a while. I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend Woojin's party. But next time, let's hang out.]

 

"It's okay, Auntie. Um, I am calling because I didn't see Sunny Noona here. Is she at home?" He raised his eyebrows in the process.

 

[Chincha? I thought she left home to work. Why didn't you call her?]

 

'Her mother doesn't know?' He thought which made his suspension to be back. "Yes, according to the Nursing Department, she took a leave for a week."

 

[Eh? Why would she do that?]

 

"Because grandma got a heart attack?" 

 

[Oh, so she really took a leave for that.]

 

"It's true?"

 

[Yes. It was last night when we heard about it. Her father told her to take care of my mother since no one's going to look after her if my father left the ward.]

 

Yoong heaved a sigh. He's glad it's true. "Okay, thanks for the info, Mrs. Lee. Um, send my regards to grandma. I hope she gets well soon." He softly says as he walked out of the lift.

 

[No worries. I'll see you soon, Yoong.]

 

"Yes." Hanging up, he headed to the office and let out a huge exhale as he took his seat on his chair. "What am I going to do?" He muttered while massaging his nape. He wanted to know the truth from her, personally. But he has to wait for a week 'Should I follow? But my son will be... Oh, I can lend him to my Aunt for a while. Yeah, I really should follow.' He opened his phone back and called his Auntie to talk about Woojin.

 

-

 

After taking a pee from the comfort room, Seohyun walked back to the photoshoot studio but realized a coffee truck was outside and every staff is still on break. Curious about who sent it, she approached it and check the poster standee.

 

Her face brightens to read Yoong's name under the message that says;

 

Heard you will have a long studio re-filming for your one of the mv today. Hope you will be cheered on with this warm coffee and fill your stomach with burritos.

P.S. Careful to catch a cold. Check the weather and it will rain again tonight. 

- Doctor Im

 

"Why didn't he call me?" Taking her phone out, she took a picture of the standee with her face on it and took the coffee the barista handed her. She put the coffee next to her face and took a selfie of herself, smiling all bright. She sent the photos right away and message him:

 

Thanks. I haven't even taken a sip but I feel warm already.

See you when I see you~

 

"Seohyun-ssi, filming will resume in five minutes." One of the staff told him in a yelling way.

 

"Be right there!" She yelled back as she decided not to wait for his response. She jogs back inside together with a few of the staff when she noticed Taehyung hasn't returned. "Aish." They have to retake the chorus part of the mv because the director just found out Taehyung's mistake over the choreo.

 

"Did anyone see Kim Taehyung-ssi?" The assistant director asks in a loud voice and everyone looked around the studio, shrugging their shoulders.

 

"I think I saw him in his dressing room." Seohyun raised her hand. She was going to the comfort room when she had a brief look at Taehyung's tent. "I'll get him myself." She volunteered, doesn't want to work with the staff even for a simple thing. She didn't waste a second and she walked out of the studio, heading straight to the tent Taehyung's team is using which is just next to hers. "Taehyung-ssi." He just mindlessly opened the door. "Omo." Only to see him making out with his assistant. Both just casually looked at her. "What the. Get a room please!" She exclaimed in annoyance. 

 

"Yah, this is my dressing room, Seohyun-ah."  Taehyung reminded her.

 

"But may I remind you, you're not the only one using this room. And for Christ's Sake! We're here to work." She can't help and lecture him. "The director is now looking for us." She added, sending him glares before she leaves.

 

Taehyung sighs and left the tent to catch up with her. "Come on, as if you haven't seen that." He nudged her playfully.

 

"Seriously?" Seohyun stops on her tracks to face his ex-boyfriend. "You really turned into a jerk. But please, let's focus. We can't tire the others just for our mistakes." She pushed him lightly and continue to the studio.

 

"Yes, Ma'am." Taehyung snickered as he passed on her.

 

Seohyun scoffed but suddenly she heard the phone ring. She took it out and was greeted by an unknown number. She didn't think anything as she just answers it. "Seohyun speaking."

 

[Omo, Seohyun-ssi. I'm glad you answer right away.]

 

She slightly recognized the voice. "Um, do I know-"

 

[We meet at Woojin's party yesterday. I'm Aunt Shin.]

 

"Oh yeah, Auntie Shin." She brightly responded that instant. "What can I do for you?" 

 

Jessica came out from the studio and mouthed her to come inside already. She signals her to wait.

 

[Can I do some favor? Um, Woojin's math tutorial ends 3 pm today but I couldn't make it because of a sudden appointment and so as his father. Can you fetch him for me? Please?]

 

Checking the time, there's an hour left for Woojin's tutorial to end. "Okay, Auntie. I'll ask my manager to fetch him for me. Can you tell his teacher about Jessica Jung?"

 

"What the." Jessica is flustered.

 

[Yeah sure. Thank you so much Seohyun-ssi.]

 

"No problem, Auntie." Seohyun smiled cheerfully and ended the call. She holds the blonde's wrist before she could hit her. "I can't make it too, Unnie, you know we're shooting here. But you can, you know. And bring Woojin here." She grinned.

 

"Are you kidding me? You are not going to look after him while-"

 

"Woojin behaves if you tell him. So there's nothing to worry. Please? There's only an hour left." She pouted cutely earning a rolling of eyes from her manager.

 

"Aish. Go inside now, I'll get him." Jessica doesn't have a choice. But before she can leave, Seohyun hugs her briefly and thanked her. She sighs and walks to the parking lot.

 

-

 

'So many people.' Woojin thought the moment he stepped inside the studio with Jessica. "Where's Seohyun Omma?" He couldn't help and asked as he looked up at the blonde woman next to him.

 

"She's out there, do you want to see her?" 

 

"Yes."

 

Jessica pinched his cheek lightly. "Kyeopta." And she giggles, as they resumed their walk. 

 

"Omo, isn't he the son?" One of the staff in the studio reacted when she saw the little boy. Woojin bowed his head, a little shy.

 

"Yes, Doctor Im's son." Said Jessica. She picked him up and put her in the chair. 

 

"Whoa, Seohyun Omma." Woojin hastily pointed at her when he spotted her talking with a man.

 

"That's Omma's director and the other is another singer, Woojin-ah." Jessica informs before she went to the buffet and got the little lad a chicken sandwich and juice. She returned to see him just really sitting on the chair, watching Seohyun with a smile on his face. "Here." 

 

"Thank you, Noona." Says Woojin, bowing his head briefly as he took the snacks. While he's enjoying them, he never left his eyes on Seohyun until their eyes meet.

 

Seohyun waved at him enthusiastically. And gestures him to wait as she returned in front of the camera alone. 

 

"Woojin-ah, why do you call her, Omma?" Jessica finds it cute and she wanted to know his reason.

 

"Omma is like me, she is so... she makes me happy." Woojin grinned.

 

"Oh you mean, cheerful? Just like you?"

 

"Was that you call it?" He innocently asks.

 

Jessica giggles. "Yes."

 

Taking a big bite, Woojin is amazed as Seohyun professionally dances in front of the camera. "Omma is like those dancers on the tv."

 

"I know right, Woojinnie?"

 

"Whoa, she's so amazing, Noona. Should I practice how to dance as well?" He got suddenly interested.

 

"It depends on your father. You ask him." Jessica is amused. The sparkle in his eyes is adorable, she loves to see it. 'His eyes, they're really like Yoong's.' and she's sure of it. 

 

-

 

"Now where should we go? Appa says he will be home eight." Seohyun flashed a brief smile to Woojin from the backseat.

 

"Can we go to an amusement park?" Requested Woojin excitedly.

 

"I don't think we'll be able to do that." 

 

"Why not?" 

 

"You have school tomorrow." Seohyun reminded. "Mianhe." And apologetically says. "How about the playground?"

 

"At the park?" Woojin doesn't like it. He had enough using the swing and sliding on the slide. He wanted a different thing.

 

"Hmm, how about at the mall? Have you gone with those colorful balls when you slide?" Seohyun offered, glancing at the boy as she keep her focus on the road. 

 

"Where is that?" Woojin got curious.

 

"I told you inside the mall. Okay, let's go there. They have a big place for kids there."

 

"Yay! Woojin can't wait!" He wiggles his feet as he smiled happily.

 

Seohyun didn't think twice and speeds up when she saw an open road. "Here we goooo!!!" And she yelled out her excitement.

 

-

 

But the mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter