Chapter eight

The Reason Why

Sana's help was instrumental in transporting Jihyo to her apartment and later to bed. They had taken off her shoes and untied her hair, tucking her comfortably under a blanket.

"When she wakes up I'll tell her what I think, she still hasn't realized she has to pay attention" Momo was sitting next to the sleeping girl, intent on running her hands through her hair to calm down.

"She's definitely doing her best, but I agree on telling her to be more careful. Don't be too harsh though, she doesn't deserve another displeasure" she took her cell phone to turn off the ringtone, reading some messages "the boss asked the presence of at least one of us to finish today's work, I'll go"

The brunette looked at her sorry "are you sure? I can go"

"I'll leave your car in the parking lot below, I can just take a taxi back to work, get my car and go to work in the comfort of my home. You're too worried and you would screw us up. Stay with her and behave consistently for once, allow yourself the luxury of loving her closely" she patted her on the shoulder before leaving them alone.

To pass the time she had started muttering affectionate insults aimed at her best friend, stopping the moment Jihyo's hand found her "you woke up"

"It was your complaints that woke me up" she sat up even though her head was spinning "why are we here? We should be at work"

"Sana's taking care of it, you just have to think about resting" she kissed her forehead, speaking without taking her lips from it "you made me get so scared"

Jihyo clung to her, feeling the urge to have her near "I'm sorry I scared you, but it happened suddenly and I couldn't stop my body from giving in"

Momo's lips had reached the other girl's nose "your sorrow will have no value to me if you continue to neglect yourself. You must eat properly, rest as much as possible and do what your doctor tells you. You must realize the fact that you're in a very delicate moment and be careful"

"Don't scold me, it breaks my heart to hear this tone of voice" she raised her face, finding herself a short distance from that of the brunette "I need affection, not lectures"

"I know what you're trying to do, I know that look"

"Is it working?"

"Absolutely yes" Momo canceled the short distance between them, kissing her without sparing herself. Her hands lifted Jihyo's shirt a little to be able to caress her bare skin and her reaction made the brunette's brain shut down.

Due to her pregnancy the desire to go further was impossible to manage and for that very reason Jihyo had moved easily on Momo's legs, putting pressure to make her lie down on her bed.

However, as overwhelming as that moment was and she had wanted it for what seemed like an eternity, the older managed to regain some composure "you are not recovered yet, we won't do anything but kissing"

"I'm fine and I want to. Don't you want me?" she her lower lip with her thumb, getting as close as possible "in that case I would feel very sad because I want you more than anything else in the world"

"It's the same for me, but your health is much more important than what I want to do" she hugged her, throwing herself to the side so that both of them were lying on the side "next time we will do whatever you want, but now you have to rest" she took the blanket.

Jihyo had settled on her side and was looking at her, eager to receive another passionate kiss "I guess the time is up"

"I'm sorry, but today's only resting" she hugged her, not noticing that she had placed her hand on the belly of the other girl and the smile of the latter caused by that simple gesture. They allowed themselves the luxury of pretending to be a couple for a few hours, sleeping embraced and kissing from time to time.

 

 

 

 

That day Dahyun, taking advantage of Tzuyu's absence due to the medical examinations she had to do, had allowed herself the luxury of not going to school. Her older sister was at work and Nayeon was looking after her little sister, so no one would have found her walking in the park.

Her thoughts had distracted her to such an extent that she arrived under a building of which she had only a vague memory, so insignificant that she couldn't realize where she was. One of her hobbies was to read the names written on the intercoms to invent stories that could entertain her and she decided to take advantage of it.

She didn't find any interesting name, that time there was no Mike who could be a professional thief, but looking more carefully she noticed a name that almost made her jump "Minatozaki Sana" she said softly.

She was sure of it, she knew that this person was the very one who was ignoring her, and her heart was urging her to push the button with all her strength. She did, but she got no response and felt herself sinking. When she had decided to give up the entrance door opened and she hurried inside.

She found the door of the apartment ajar and made her triumphant entrance, flashing a beautiful smile at the girl sitting on the couch not far away.

Sana raised her eyebrows "actually it seemed a bit strange to me that Momo had already finished doing a certain thing" she put the laptop on the coffee table in front of the her and stood up "what are you doing here? You should be at school"

"I decided not to go there and to spare myself a whole day alone with the bullies, since both Mina and Tzuyu are busy today" she closed the door, taking the time to look around "my face must have hurt like hell, I didn't remember anything of this place"

"How did you get here? I'm surprised" the older motioned for her to follow her into the kitchen, taking two cups.

"I was walking and I found myself in front of the intercom, it was enough for me to read your name to understand where I ended up"

They were silent for a few minutes, until Sana handed her a cup of hot chocolate "your brain works better than you give it to see"

Dahyun ignored that comment and smiled pointing at her cup "you gave me the one with hearts"

The other girl couldn't hide the surprise at that sudden statement "it's true, I gave you my favorite"

"I would like to know why you never replied to my messages"

"I avoided doing it so as not to give the illusion of being able to take the liberty of being in confidence" she was tapping on the table with her nails, slowly "from a simple message you can end up talking about anything"

"Yet you immediately welcomed me into your house, you even made hot chocolate. And, as if that weren't enough, you gave me your favorite cup. It seems to me that we are more than in confidence, considering our famous kiss"

Sana sighed in frustration "please don't complicate things any more and tell me what you wanted to talk to me about"

"I wanted to apologize for misbehaving, you took care of me and as a thank you I sulked at you. I'm sorry" she lowered her head, showing herself vulnerable.

That sight broke the redhead's heart "are you okay?"

Dahyun slowly shook her head, refraining from crying "I can't understand why things never go the way I would like"

"Do you want to let off steam with me a bit? Even if it doesn't seem like I can give great advices" she took her hand gently, putting her feelings aside.

"I don't know how helpful it could be to let off steam with you, you are one of the causes of my pain" she had looked at their hands, moving her fingers to make that grip tighter "and that doesn't help at all"

"What should I do then? I won't leave you alone to cry. Come here"

The younger immediately returned her squeeze, resting her head on the other girl's shoulder and closing her eyes "I feel better already, thanks"

Sana was her back "I needed it too, you don't have to thank me"

Dahyun's hands had stopped behind the neck of the tallest "can we go back to being strangers for a few minutes?" she held her tight, looking intently into her eyes "just for a few minutes, then I'll leave you alone"

"We can't, you know how I feel about this situation" she pushed her away gently, holding her hands on her shoulders "I hate to have to say it, but you can't stay here"

"I'm stupid, I should stop hoping to be with you" she walked towards the door, stopping before reaching it "I would love to be able to direct my feelings towards Mina, although she knows about us and what I feel for you, she wasn't afraid to step forward" she turned her head a little to look Sana in the eye "I obviously need to change my priorities"

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung knew perfectly well why Mina had asked her out, but she had decided to accept the same in order to spend time with her. They had known each other for a few years, having met in one of the corridors of their old school.

For the older there had always been something more than just friendship and seeing the blonde suffer for the same reason as her made her feel strange, halfway between satisfaction and displeasure. She didn't want her to be bad, but at the same time she thought karma was working.

"You will fall in love with someone who will not love you, for not having loved someone who loved you" she recited in a low voice, hugging her coat "the wheel really turns"

Mina joined her a few minutes later "I'm sorry, today my mother forced me to help her clean the whole house from top to bottom. She even asked me not to go to school, I think she's crazy"

"No problem, I just arrived" she smiled at her kindly "may I know why we're here? I'm literally freezing"

"We can take refuge in a warm place, come" she took her arm and headed towards the nearest bar, their favorite.

Chaeyoung took off her hat, immediately running her hands through her pink hair "I hate this thing, it gives me a headache"

"You have always hated winter hats and I am amazed to see you wearing the one I gave you as a joke" she was smiling "I still remember your disappointed face after unwrapping it and I must say that your joy in discovering the presence of the real gift was rather obvious"

"I'm wearing it because it's too cold, but I also have the necklace" she showed the small star-shaped pendant "a little tacky maybe, but it's my favorite"

Mina gave her another smile "it's always nice to hear you insult my gifts, thank you"

"You know I love them almost as much as I love you" she said jokingly, feeling the crack in her heart grow bigger.

However, the younger one knew the true meaning of those words and her eyes lost their cheerfulness "hasn't it passed to you yet?"

"Apparently not, but on the other hand I'm very good at giving advice and scolding others at what I see" she was playing with the straw of her drink "don't look at me like that, now I've come to terms with it"

"You are the best, do you know?" she held out her hand "I don't know what I would do without you"

Chaeyoung was her hand with her thumb, thoughtful "you would have someone else to let off steam with"

"Do you really think you are worth so little to me? You're very wrong. I didn't like pretending I didn't know you when I took Dahyun to the place where you works, but I still complied with your request"

"You are both minors and I could get in trouble, I'm just protecting myself, even if your constant visits while I work don't help me" she took her hand away "now tell me what happened with Dahyun, I know you asked me to meet to talk her"

The stress ring on Mina's finger was keeping the girl busy "I kissed her and got rejected"

"I wouldn't want to be the person who points out the obvious, but you should have been prepared for such a reaction" she cared about her to the point of feeling sad "at least you tried, that does you honor"

The blonde let out a long sigh "I'm not angry, but I confess I'm sorry. I really appreciate her sincerity, but I don't understand why she is so stubborn"

Chaeyoung was looking her straight in the eye "you shouldn't judge her because you're behaving the same way and you don't even realize it. You're stubborn too, you want her feelings for the person she likes to be directed only at you. I know what it feels like and I also know the frustration that comes with rejection, but sulking her will only hurt both of you. Would you rather lose her altogether than being her friend?"

"I care a lot about her, of course I don't want to lose her, but how can I put aside what I feel? How can I pretend to love her only as a friend?"

"You will learn, I can assure you"

 

 

 

 

"Okay girls, your sister needs to rest and is in good hands, so I suggest we get out of the way and go for a nice ride to the mall" Nayeon got up from the couch, inviting the other two to imitate her "don't be boring and let's go have some fun, come on. When Nana isn't around you two turn into the laziest people in the world"

Within minutes the three of them were in the car arguing about which songs to listen to. Dahyun had connected her cell phone, putting an end to that little fight and enjoying the music she loved "on the way back you will choose, now let me relax a little to recover from the difficult school day" she closed her eyes, thinking about Sana.

"Did they bother you?" Tzuyu, sitting in the passenger seat, turned towards her "were you able to stay calm?"

"Of course, today those stupid bullies had better things to do" she lied effortlessly: she didn't want to have any secrets from Tzuyu and she knew she could trust Nayeon, but she didn't feel like trying her luck telling the older girl that he had skipped school.

It didn't take long to get to the mall and Nayeon, taken by excitement, had taken both girls arm in arm "I have a brilliant idea"

"Can we know?" Tzuyu was keeping her distance, but she hadn't pulled away the arm that was clutching her own "I hope it's nothing dangerous"

"Do you want to try to detonate something? In that case you would have all my support, I'm ready!" Dahyun had her eyes sparkling with emotion, in contrast to her sister's dull ones.

The older shook her head, pointing to a shop specializing only in pajamas "it's time to have pajamas that are the same for everyone, obviously I'm also talking about Jihyo and Nana"

"It's ridiculous"

"Is fantastic!"

The two girls had talked at the same time, making Nayeon laugh "you are completely different, but by now I have made my decision and there is nothing that can stop me. If you are good I will buy pizza for dinner, I promise"

"I guess your idea wasn't totally stupid" muttered Tzuyu, unable to resist to one of her favorite dishes.

It took them an hour to choose the pajamas and almost half an hour to find the right sizes and pay, much to Tzuyu's chagrin.

"Shall we go home? It's late and you promised us pizza" she was dragging her feet, exhausted both physically and mentally" Jihyo will get angry, she really cares about having dinner at the usual time"

Dahyun gave her a light pinch on her cheek "liar, you're making up everything just to go away and gorge yourself on pizza"

The younger pulled away the hand that was squeezing her cheek, unable to hide the annoyance "even if that's the case, it's none of your business"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to bother you" her smile had faded, leaving room for a hurt expression.

Nayeon was about to intervene, but Tzuyu was faster and grabbed her sister's hand "I'm sorry, I always treat you badly. To make me forgive I'll do you a favor"

"I don't want anything, this is enough" she shook her hand, smiling again "I'm proud of you"

The older watched them walk with a smile, slowing her pace to leave them some time to chat "teenagers are really hard to manage, at this point I can't imagine what Nana will be like when she grows up"

 

 

 

 

After having had dinner and showing Jihyo the purchases, the babies went to the room, tired to the point of wanting to sleep as soon as possible, while the other two stayed in the younger's room to talk.

"It was nice, I felt loved" she was smiling, even if the sadness was obvious "but I'm afraid it was all an illusion"

Nayeon was finishing eating the cake, being careful not to dirty the bed "do you want my opinion?" she brought the spoon to the other girl to let her taste "I think she cares about you more than she can understand. I bet she's afraid of her feelings"

"It wouldn't make sense, when you want something you go out of your way to get it" she stole another spoonful of cake "it's very good"

"I'm glad you like it, finish it" she smiled, leaving everything on her legs "speaking from experience I can tell you that feelings are really complicated, but taking into consideration the things you have said to me I would say that there is no doubt about what Momo is feeling"

Jihyo finished eating the cake in no time, lying down immediately afterwards to look at the ceiling "what a drag, I don't know what to think and how to behave"

"I know, but she isn't indifferent to you and this is very positive, just focus on the positive things in your relationship and the rest will come by itself" she smiled encouragingly.

The younger waved her to lie down next to her "I seem to have known you forever"

Nayeon smiled, kissing her belly before lying down "I have the same feeling and that's why I deserve to be the godmother of your small bean" she gently placed her hand on her tummy, slowly "when I was pregnant I loved on the belly , Jeongyeon did it all the time"

"I hope she wakes up and works to get you back" she closed her eyes "would you like to sleep with me? I still feel strange and I don't want to be alone"

"Sure, come here" she made her turn her back, hugging her in such a way that she could caress her belly "breath deeply and try to relax. Goodnight"

"Goodnight to you" they turned off the light, sleeping embraced all night and waking up the next morning to two pairs of eyes staring at them.