Chapter seventeen

The Reason Why

Nayeon, after spending the last month doing checkups and resting, had decided to go get Tzuyu to have lunch with her. They had seen each other very few times in those four weeks and she was afraid of having lost the girl's trust, for that very reason she was determined to show her that she was still part of her life.

She'd already warned Jihyo and from that point of view she was pretty quiet, but she couldn't say she wasn't worried. She was proud of Tzuyu's progress: she had continued to attend art school despite the summer holidays, putting a lot of effort into all the assignments that were assigned to her, she had also managed to find friends with whom to go out for a ice cream from time to time.

When the little girl had seen her standing in front of the gate she had stopped in place, showing no emotion and trying not to run towards her. Then she calmly reached her "why are you here?"

"I wanted to see you even for just a minute, if you don't feel like having lunch with me at least let me take you home" she pointed to her car "it's very hot and I know you don't like sweating"

"I don't want to go home right away" Tzuyu got into her car, fastening her seat belt "where are we going?"

Nayeon was tapping her chin with her index finger "since Jihyo can't eat sushi I guess you didn't eat it during my absence"

The younger immediately nodded, making a huge effort to be able to hide her enthusiasm "that's okay with me"

Despite all the attempts at conversation by the girl behind the wheel, silence continued to reign, making Nayeon feel disheartened.

During lunch they talked a little more, exchanging useless or insignificant information "don't you have anything else to tell me? I hear you've found some friends, tell me about them" she smiled kindly.

"None of your business"

The disappointment and pain Nayeon felt at that moment was almost unbearable "finish it easy, you can eat my part too" she got up to go to pay for lunch and take some time to recover from that disappointment. She couldn't understand how a miserable month could have made things go back to the way they were at the beginning of their cohabitation.

She had decided not to say anything and to accompany the girl home, leaving the radio on so as not to have to endure more silence.

"You abandoned us, that's why I'm angry. You behaved like my parents" Tzuyu was staring straight ahead, focusing her gaze on the license plate of the car that had just passed theirs.

"I didn't abandon you, I also came on your birthday to organize the surprise party" Nayeon was holding the wheel with all her strength "I had complications and many medical examinations to do, I told you"

"I know, but you promised you wouldn't leave us alone"

The car had stopped under the building where the three sisters lived "Tzu, I paid my share of the rent and helped Jihyo with the grocery shopping every week. I haven't abandoned you, I never would, and I don't accept that you tell me these things"

"You're right, I'm sorry" she wiped a tear "I don't feel at home since you left and I'm jealous of Nana, I've seen all the photos you've posted with her lately"

Nayeon had taken her hand gently "why are you feeling like this? You know that I love you very much and that you don't have to be jealous of Nana, you are both my babies"

"She's your daughter and I'm not" Tzuyu lowered her head, letting her hair cover her face.

"Are you saying you don't feel important enough to me?"

"I'm saying I wish I was your daughter, but that's stupid because I can never be. We are only ten years apart and I don't find it right" she sniffed before breaking free from her seat belt to hug her.

Nayeon was her hair with all the delicacy she had at her disposal "you cannot legally be my daughter, but I can't deny that the special bond I have with Nana is the same as you and I, but you are older and it's natural that there is something different. You don't have to feel jealous because that little pest and I love you so much and we consider you as part of our family"

They didn't release the embrace even when the older had answered the phone "I should be back soon and I can take care of dinner. Is Nana with your parents?"

"Nana is with those two old and I would like to offer you an exchange: you go and get our little baby and I will buy dinner"

"I have nothing against it, I like this idea" she was smiling, still intent on cuddling the girl in her arms.

"How did it go with Tzuyu?"

"We are about to say goodbye, we had some things to clarify"

Jeongyeon had been silent for a while "ask her to come and sleep with us tonight, so we could have fun all together. We could organize a nice sleepover"

Tzuyu, having heard thanks to the speakerphone, smiled even though she was still crying "I ask my sister" she was out of the car in an instant "let's go!"

"Jeong, I have to leave you, someone is particularly impatient" she was smiling amused "see you tonight""I'll buy lots of good things for dinner!"

 

 

 

 

Jihyo was taking advantage of her solitude to clean the apartment and tidy up a bit, paying close attention to her baby bump "I'm hungry, my favorite cookies should still be there"

She was disappointed in front of the almost empty cupboard and didn't pay the slightest attention to the fridge "I don't want to go out shopping, I'm too tired" she had pouted.

"It's your lucky day, I've already thought of it" Momo, who had spent so much time in that apartment that she knew the code to open the front door, had entered clutching three envelopes.

"Are you crazy? You must have spent a lot of money!" Jihyo was looking at her with wide eyes "can I at least help you get everything in place?"

"Absolutely not, sit down and eat these" she handed her her favorite cookies "you don't have to struggle, I don't know how to tell you anymore"

The pregnant girl had already bitten into a cookie, pouting "you didn't even look at me, I put on the jumpsuit you bought me the other day"

Momo immediately turned to look at her, smiling "I was right, it looks really good on you"

"I look like a giant ball and I should lose weight, but I can't stop eating"

"The doctor said that you look great and that the walks you take every day are helping you not to gain weight, don't be fooled by the size of your belly and just blame Minjun" she reached out to give a few to the belly, stopping after a few seconds with her eyes wide open.

Jihyo was smiling "I forgot to tell you that he started moving because he tends to do it only when I go to sleep, he hasn't moved even with Nayeon and I assure you that she just put a lot of effort to get his attention"

"It must have been a coincidence then" she was about to take her hand away, but another slight movement prevented her from doing so.

"Are you going to cry or am I wrong? Your eyes are full of tears"

"It's all the wind's fault, imagine if I cry for this nonsense" she was trying hard not to cry like a child.

"We're indoors, come up with a better excuse and maybe I'll be able to believe you" she smiled amused, placing her hand on hers "Minjun loves you, there's no doubt. He knows who you are and wanted to say hello, he's a polite child"

Momo got down on her knees to kiss her belly "hello to you too little one, be good and take care of your mom while I tidy up the shopping"

"Mum would like some attention too, if you don't mind" she was gently pulling a lock of her hair "I'm about to be offended"

"I'm coming, mommy" she got up quickly to give her a gentle kiss on her lips, immediately followed by another decidedly less chaste.

Jihyo, now shameless, had slipped her hands into the back pockets of the brunette's jeans to prevent her from leaving and for the sheer pleasure of touching her "I want another one, just one"

"You are insatiable, do you know?" Momo felt butterflies in her stomach like every single time she and the other girl were close "you'll have to resist, now it's just a little while before you give birth to Minjun and you'll be as good as new in no time"

"Will you be there? Will you still want me?"

They were looking each other in the eye "what do you think about it?"

Jihyo's disappointment was clearly visible "no matter what I think, I want to be ready for what happens after Minjun is born"

"I'll still be here, I have no doubt about that" she had placed both hands on her baby bump to keep them occupied and to feel the support of the baby inside "I can't promise you what you want because I don't know what my reaction will be, but don't worry because I will help you as promised"

Momo was thinking of saying something else, of adding a sentence as small as important, but she still didn't feel ready to bear the emotional weight and she had decided to just think it, telling herself that the right time hadn't come yet.

"That's enough" she smiled a little sadly "you care about the both of us and that's enough for me"

"I couldn't do otherwise and frankly I'm fine with that"

"If anything should happen to me during or after the birth.." she couldn't finish speaking because Momo had covered with a kiss.

"Nothing will happen to you and everything will be okay, I'll take care of you two. I know you are afraid and that what Nayeon told you scared you, but it was she who told you that her situation is completely different from yours and you shouldn't take another worry on your shoulders"

Jihyo nodded slowly "let's say something happens to me.. Promise me not to abandon Minjun. I know that he is just an unborn child, but I can feel the affection he has for you and he would suffer a lot the absence of both"

"I repeat that nothing will happen to you, but if hearing me say it will make you feel more calm then yes, I promise to take care of our baby until my last breath"

The pregnant girl said nothing, leaving her tears to roll down her cheeks after hearing Momo's latest statement. She was happy and hopeful that she could consider Momo as part of her family, to the point of crossing her fingers behind her back.

 

 

 

 

Knowing of Jihyo's love for chocolate cookies, Sana made sure to buy quite a few before reaching her friend's apartment. She had rang the bell a couple of times as usual, showing off a smile full of affection "here is my favorite friend"

Jihyo hugged her as far as possible because of her big belly "it took you forever"

"She also defined you as her favorite friend, one mistake after another" Momo was looking at the redhead with evident annoyance "ungrateful with the brain of a hen"

"Shut up, you don't have the right to say anything" she was busy kissing her friend's huge belly "hello to my nephew too"

Jihyo loved seeing them arguing like that, but she had decided to stop them to give her friend a chance "Dahyun is coming home, she will be here soon"

Sana's hands had stopped devoting their attention to the younger girl's belly "oh, I better go now"

"You could wait for her in her room and surprise her"

"Are you really proposing me to meet your sister?" she was incredulous.

"It's been a month since your fight and I think it's time to encourage you to speak calmly to decide what to do with your feelings. I have observed both and, if you are interested in my opinion, I think it's time for you both to take a step forward" she smiled, taking her friend's hands "you have all my support"

Sana didn't know what to answer and she just showed her gratitude with a hug "I don't know how to thank you"

"I trust you, hold her tight this time. Now go and wait for her in the room or you'll spoil the surprise"

The redhead did so immediately, sitting on the bed of the girl she was in love with and looking around to pass the time. She felt anxious, but she didn't have the kind of overwhelming anxiety she was used to, it was more excitement than fear.

As expected by Jihyo, Dahyun had returned a few minutes later, greeting the two adults in the living room and immediately heading to the bedroom. Being late afternoon the room was already dark and she the light, dropping her backpack and putting a hand to her chest ", you gave me a shot"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you" Sana's heart was beating so fast it made her head spin "hi, I haven't seen you in a while"

"Hello to you" she was standing in front of the door, looking down "why are you here?"

The redhead hadn't taken her eyes off her even for a second "I'm here because I'm tired of running away and pretending that being away from you doesn't hurt me" she got up slowly.

Dahyun still hadn't raised her head "I don't believe you"

The delicacy of Sana's hands on the younger's face convinced the latter to chain her gaze to that of the taller one, making it impossible for her to even think of moving away.

"I'm serious and I'll show you. I want to court you properly, let me do it and go out with me on a date"

"A date? Now?"

"Sure, I was thinking about the classic dinner followed by the cinema, but I'm more than willing to change the program according to what you want to do"

Dahyun was all red, but despite that obvious sign she was trying to look tough "going out to dinner is fine, but the cinema bores me and I'd rather do something else"

"No problem, tell me what you'd like to do and we'll do it"

"I would like to take a walk hand in hand, without hiding"

Sana nodded, leaning close and kissing her nose "okay, but don't complain when our hands get sweaty and slippery, I remind you it's summer"

"There is another thing I would like"

"I listen to you"

Dahyun made the gesture of being silent before slowly turning the key in the lock "I want you to kiss me now" she asked in a whisper, without stopping to look into her eyes.

It was a more than welcome request for the older, who didn't make her repeat it twice and kissed the girl she loved first on her forehead and then on her lips. They were lost in that moment, so much so that they turned off the light and moved towards the bed.

"I'm not here to do indecent things on your bed" Sana whispered between kisses, squeezing the hips of the girl sitting on her lap.

"We're just kissing"

"Then there must be a ghost who loves to touch my s"

Dahyun immediately removed her hands from her body "you're boring"

"And you are mine" she was kissing her on the neck, her hands ready to get rid of her shirt.

At least until they heard a knock on the door "you are taking too long and, as an older sister, it is my duty to stop you from going any further" Jihyo knocked again, a satisfied smirk on her lips "you have all night ahead, now we have an important speech to do"

"What a bummer, we were starting to have fun" Dahyun got up from bed while snorting, unaware of what Sana had done to her, and she walked out of the room.

"Do you have a hickey on your neck?" Momo asked, embarrassing the little girl "my best friend didn't waste time, I have to compliment and take that as an example" she added looking at Jihyo as a hunter does with her prey.

"Don't even think about it" the pregnant girl immediately warned her.

 

 

 

 

"I didn't remember it being so big, it's a huge villa" Chaeyoung was looking around with interest "but maybe it seems disproportionate to me because I'm used to being in that hole of my apartment"

Mina was lying on the couch, oblivious to the skirt that had risen to reveal half of her thigh and motivated to make it go up even more to attract the attention of her girlfriend "you are so interested in my house that you haven't noticed my attempted seduction"

"I've noticed it all right, but I'm not going to have on that couch and risk getting caught by your parents. It would be embarrassing as hell even for me"

"My parents went out to take my niece to Nayeon's and you have too much self-control, are you sure you like me?" she pouted "you talked about big projects, but you don't go beyond touching me from over my clothes"

The pink-haired girl was smiling "I've been waiting a long time and I want to do things right. That's why I limit myself to a few innocent effusions, but I'm not going to continue like this forever since I also have impulses"

"I always liked your way of thinking" Mina had reached out to kiss her on the lips "we can go to the room and move on to the next level until we get tired. I'm not saying to have , but to get to know each other a little better from that point of view, does it seem like a good compromise?"

"We can do this" she gave her a light spanking as they were climbing the stairs "I like the sound it makes, it's really y"

Mina was laughing heartily "you're a fool, have anyone ever told you that?"

"I happened to hear it, but I don't care at all"

They kissed for a long time, letting their hands move freely and not stopping until they were forced to do so by the sound of the door slamming open.

"What's going on here?" Mina's father had found the girls in a compromising position: they were on the bed, her daughter was sitting astride Chaeyoung's legs and they were both disheveled, as well as not very presentable.

They immediately got up to make up for that fool, but Mrs. Yoo's entry made them fall silent because of what she said to the older of the two "what is a murderer's daughter doing in my house?"