Chapter nine

The Reason Why

Three days had passed since Jihyo passed out and the head of the publishing house where she worked, learned of the girl's pregnancy, had allowed her to work from home for a week and halved her work to allow her to recover a little. The man had proved so kind because a few years earlier his daughter had been fired because she was pregnant and didn't want to see another person suffer.

Diligent and bored as she was, the girl was able to complete all her tasks in a short time, then found herself watching TV with a bored look "there is too much silence, I'm bored to death being alone"

The powerful ringing of the doorbell roused her from her muttering, as if someone with supernatural powers had heard her complaints and wanted to somehow reward her. She ran to the apartment door, snapping it open and looking at the new arrival in surprise "what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at work?"

Momo calmly entered, taking off her coat after giving her a bag "I took a day off" she also took off her shoes "so here I am, in the bag there is breakfast. Today I will eat with you"

The pregnant girl had tears in her eyes and was about to cry "you had a sweet thought and I don't know how to thank you" she sniffed loudly.

"Don't cry, come on, bringing you breakfast is my job ever since we became colleagues" she kissed her forehead, then gently pushed her towards the kitchen to eat together.

They had eaten in silence and yet neither of them felt embarrassed, on the contrary they had both found themselves totally at ease. After eating they moved to Jihyo's room to watch TV in comfort.

The younger had rested her head on the shoulder of the other girl, taking advantage of that closeness to be hugged. She relaxed every time someone she cared about her belly, but she loved even more the fact that Momo was it absent-mindedly and about her will, tracing little circles with her fingertips.

Before even realizing it Jihyo had come even closer, leaning over to give the brunette a kiss "sorry, I couldn't resist" she whispered shyly, but without moving away.

"It doesn't matter, I can only imagine how difficult it is for you to manage everything" she had her hands on her hips in a light yet firm grip "but you should take off, you know how I am"

Jihyo kissed her again, pretending not to have heard her warning, straddling her and deepening the kiss "you promised to please me, you said we would do what we couldn't do the other day"

"You're right, I said it" she reached down with her lips to kiss her neck as her hands worked their way under her shirt. She was aware of the effect her kisses had on the other girl, but seeing her react more than usual made her smile mischievously "do you like that so much?" she spoke without taking her lips from her skin.

"You already know my weaknesses and you know very well that I am much more sensitive now" she was squeezing her shoulders, trying her best not to make any sound.

Momo took off her shirt, looking at Jihyo's body as if it were the first time "I'm in charge, get ready" she reversed their positions, looking at her from above "you have no idea what effect you have on me"

They were looking into each other's eyes "you can help me understand"

The brunette's kisses deepened and her hands made sure to touch the right places. Although they were both prey to their passion, Momo calmed down as her lips rested on the younger's belly.

"Something wrong?" she spoke softly for fear of being able to ruin everything.

"It's okay" she took a moment, then kissed her tummy very gently "I borrow your mom for a while, I promise not to hurt either you or her"

A tear ran down Jihyo's face and her heart started beating wildly in front of all that sudden sweetness. She couldn't believe what she was seeing: the girl she had fallen in love with was devoting her attention to her belly, talking with her little bean in a reassuring way.

Momo, after a brief chat with baby in her womb, returned to devote her attention to Jihyo, kissing her on the lips without sparing herself and finishing undressing both of them. What they did was nothing superficial and they were both aware of it, they knew they had been exchanging loving gestures all along.

 

 

 

 

Nayeon had no desire to enter the imposing building in front of her, but she couldn't decide on her attorney assignments on her own and did her best to step confidently towards the welcome at the entrance "good morning, I'm Im Nayeon, the lawyer who has to meet the boss" she handed over the documents for recognition, after which she was accompanied to the top floor by one of the staff.

The boy received a sudden phone call and indicated the location of the office, running away to solve problems that required his presence.

She slowly approached the door, surprised to find it completely open, and what she saw made her blood boil in her veins: Jeongyeon, the person she loved with all her heart and who had done her best to stay away from her, was chatting gleefully with her favorite colleague, a nasty blonde named Emily.

She was getting a little too close and Nayeon feigned a cough to get the attention of the two girls. She gathered all her courage before chaining her eyes into those of the love of her life "good morning Miss Yoo, I'm the lawyer you requested"

"Of many lawyers they have sent you, it must be destiny" she got up from the couch on which she was sitting, giving herself a demeanor so as not to be too enthusiastic "do you already know the situation?"

"No, I was just told to come here the moment I walked into the law firm. I don't know anything, just that my client needs a lawyer"

"Stop being formal with me and make yourself comfortable, I'll explain everything to you"

Nayeon decided to obey and sat down, staring at Emily "I'm sorry to ask you to leave, but it's a private meeting and you can't be here" she purposely avoided speaking politely.

The girl left shortly after, quite pissed off at not being defended by her boss, and she finally left them alone. The older had already taken what she needed and was ready to write down everything she needed to know on the computer "you can start, I'll listen to you"

Jeongyeon didn't want to talk about the problem of her business, not immediately "there is nothing between me and her, I want to make it clear"

"I don't seem to have asked" she was looking at her without betraying any emotion even though she felt dying inside "I'm here to work, not because I wanted to see you in friendly attitudes with your colleague"

"All right, I'm sorry" she lowered her gaze, starting to talk in detail about the problems encountered in the last period and some unwarranted complaints against her activities.

Nayeon adjusted her glasses over her nose, re-reading what she had written "if these are groundless complaints I don't understand the reason for all this mess. You have enough power to avoid the help of the lawyers"

"The problem is that I have no way to prove my innocence and that of those who work with me, we have lost all the files that we needed for the purpose"

"Let me understand: you pride yourself on being the heir to one of your parents' best businesses and haven't been able to keep from losing such important documents? Are you serious?"

The younger was biting her fingernail for the nervousness "yeah, in my opinion there is someone who is doing everything to sabotage me and make me lose the activity"

The lawyer was reflecting on all the information in her possession, tapping her chin with her index finger "I don't think I can help you, you're putting me in front of something that doesn't belong to me" she took off her glasses, sighing in regret "I would help you if I could, but we're just wasting time "

"I have asked for a lawyer in case there is a need for a trial, but I have also hired someone who can try to recover the files I have lost. I need support, I don't expect you to be able to do a job that isn't yours"

"I can do this, even if for such a delicate case it might be better to be assigned to someone more experienced, I'm just a newbie and I might not be qualified"

Jeongyeon stretched out her hand, waiting for her to shake it "I want to work with you, I know I can trust your skills"

Nayeon had her eyes on her ex's hand, unable to believe what was happening. She squeezed it with hers, prolonging that contact for as long as possible and getting lost in the memories brought back to light because of that simple touch.

It was the younger who removed her hand first, feeling suffocated by fear "it will be a pleasure to work with you, Im"

"We'll see it, Yoo"

Jeongyeon's phone began to ring, interrupting their intense exchange of glances.

 

 

 


That day, Dahyun was firmly convinced, there had certainly been some planet aligned incorrectly, considering all the bad luck had since the beginning of the day: she hadn't heard the alarm and had to prepare quickly; Tzuyu was still afraid to be alone in class and, to make her feel their presence, Mina and Dahyun took turns visiting her every hour, using the excuse of the bathroom and getting a lot of scolding from the teachers; the blonde had stopped avoiding her friend, but she was surely hiding something from her.

Those were just some of the things that had helped to ruin Dahyun's mood, as she was sick of having people around her feet. Some of the girls who had bullied them since their arrival at that school had been eating lunch on their bench, almost making her lose the little patience she had left.

"Let's look for another place, for today we can live without having lunch here. The important thing is to be all together" Mina put a hand on her shoulder in an attempt to calm her down "I brought some chocolate, we have to enjoy it"

"Those ty faces should eat in the middle of a sea of ​​mud with the pigs, that's their natural habitat"

They had sat down under a tree, using their uniform jackets as a sheet, and talking about this and that to distract themselves from their daily dramas.

However, again due to some capricious planet, the leader of the bullies had approached them with the sole purpose of spilling a bucket of dirty water on Dahyun's head.

"Well it fits you moron" she laughed heartily to see her shocked face "I'm not as good as my sister and you won't get away with a few scratches on the face"

Tzuyu tried to stop her sister, but she had already got up to wring her hair "stupidity belongs to the family as far as I can see"

"I could say the same of yours, look at your little sister. Do you know that she couldn't solve a simple problem on the blackboard? Even an elementary school child could do it, but she is a problematic and disgusting moron"

"If you hope to make me raise my hands you are very wrong, I'm not like you and my sister has nothing to do with your insults"

The girl threw her apple at Tzuyu, making sure to put all her strength into that gesture and smiling satisfied to see her grimace in pain "then I'll take it with the retard and the blonde, what do you think?"

"Go away, please" Dahyun looked exhausted "leave us alone, we haven't done anything wrong"

That moment of silence made the three girls hope for a truce, but the bully gave a well-aimed slap on the face of the brunette "I decide when to stop, now I want to have fun with you. Don't worry, I never leave marks in visible places" she went to her, pushing her against a tree and hitting her in the stomach with a knee.

At that point Dahyun no longer saw in anger and she responded to her blows as best she could and protected herself as much as possible with her arms. She rolled to the ground and for a few seconds she was able to hold her own, but she wasn't used to fighting and she quickly lost her advantage.

Tzuyu was watching the scene with her eyes wide open, not even realizing that she was clutching Mina's arm with all her strength.

The blonde did the first thing that came to her mind: call the teachers and the school staff, but she couldn't find anyone willing to put an end to that horror " the rules, I won't let them hurt her" she took her cell phone and started the call "please answer"

 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, I think it's important" Jeongyeon put the cell phone to her ear, not having time to speak due to the noise.

"Jeong, come to school. There is a chick beating up Dahyun and the whole school staff is pretending nothing is happening" she was on the verge of tears "Tzuyu is terrified and so am I, please. It doesn't matter if everyone will know I'm a Yoo"

"I'll be there, try somehow to contain the fight, but don't get in the way" she closed the call and jumped up "Mina needs my help, someone is beating up a friend of hers and no one seems willing to intervene"

Nayeon immediately followed suit "did she mention Dahyun?" she took her things immediately after having had the confirmation "I'm coming with you, I came here by taxi and it would take too long on foot"

It was a race against time and upon their arrival it wasn't difficult to identify the place where the fight was taking place: there was a crowd of students intent on enjoying the show and recording with their cell phones, cheering for the bully. Jeongyeon shoved a few to the side without bothering to be kind, grabbing the older girl from behind and preventing her from throwing another punch.

Dahyun was lying on the ground, dirty with earth, but overall she had managed to defend herself well and she was able to get up immediately thanks to the help of Nayeon.

As if by magic, some professors had arrived, and they were feigning a concern they didn't have "what's going on here?" asked the older of them.

"That little girl beat a defenseless person" Nayeon said as she pointed to the girl clinging to her "this story has been going on for too long and frankly I am tired. There have been cases of suicide in this school because of students and careless professors and it is the time to end it. Get ready for some good complaints, all of you"

"Who are you to tell us this, huh?" asked, arrogantly, a woman in her fifties.

"I am a lawyer and she" she said pointing to Jeongyeon "she is none other than the daughter of the leaders of the Yoo activities"

Everyone shivered at hearing that surname being pronounced and, seeing Mina very close to Jeongyeon, they became suspicious. The blonde openly said that she had enrolled in that school using her mother's surname, in an attempt to avoid favoritism and falsehood, and making everyone present speechless.

"Let's take them away, they're terrified" Jeongyeon stood on the other side of Dahyun to help her stand up "you won't get away with it, I promise you" they went away in silence, not saying a word all the way back to her apartment. 

Nayeon had immediately handed some clothes to Dahyun, who had locked herself in the bathroom to take a shower and, the older was sure, to cry a little. Soon after she took care of Tzuyu and Mina, holding both of them close to her "it's all right, luckily she won't have more than a few bruises and you are unharmed. You will never go back to that school, you won't be the next victims of that antiquated school system and those people devoid of humanity"

"What will we tell to Jihyo? She will be very worried" the younger was still scared because of what happened "she and the baby will feel bad"

"I will send her an email to tell her that you and your sister have been chosen by my parents to study in the school that will open soon" Jeongyeon interjected, kissing her sister's head "our mother manages it and I assure you that you will find a better environment, with qualified teachers and the necessary controls"

Tzuyu was looking at her impassively, realizing at that moment who she had been in front of for all that time "you may be bad, but you're not as ugly as I thought"

"Excuse me?" she raised her eyebrows, confused by that sudden statement.

Nayeon refrained from laughing, pretending to be serious immediately after "Tzu, you shouldn't say these things to people, especially if they're older than you. Apologize"

"But I told the truth, I thought she was an ugly witch since she is making you suffer. Where is Nana anyway? I want to see her" she looked for her.

"She's at my house" Mina smiled kindly "but I'm sure you'll be able to see her tomorrow, she always talks about you"

On Tzuyu's face there was a hint of a smile, it was almost imperceptible but its presence couldn't be denied "she is a little monster"

Dahyun joined them shortly after, showing no sign of having suffered physical violence "I already have some bruises on my arms, but I can hide them all with the shirt and Jihyo won't see any of them" she hugged Tzuyu with one arm and Mina with the other, smiling mischievously "can we have sushi for lunch?" 

"Look at these little girls" Jeongyeon was smiling, ready to order sushi for all of them "you are really rude"

"At their age you were much worse off, you better keep quiet if you don't want to lose the little dignity you have left" Nayeon had let her guard down for a moment, giving her a look full of love. The little girls understood what it meant to love and hoped to be looked at in that special way as soon as possible, except for Tzuyu that only wanted to show her affection for the lunch that would arrive shortly thereafter.