Chapter twenty-two

The Reason Why

"Did you take Jun's bag? The one with the dragons on it!" Jihyo was in the kitchen, taking everything she could to ensure that her baby could eat safely during their family outing "put an extra towel in it!"

Momo reached her with the bag in question, holding it suspended between them "this thing weighs more than me and I honestly doubt that Minjun will want to wear five different hats. And then, forgive me the stupid question, but what is the blanket for? It's summer!"

"You never know, he might be cold"

"I repeat that it won't be like this"

The reason for their argument came to the kitchen while running, proudly displaying his unkempt hair and exhibiting an angelic smile "Mommy, I'm hungry"

Momo smiled victoriously "he told me, step aside and let me prepare my son's breakfast"

"Go ahead, but when you feel like doing that thing I won't be available" Jihyo's smile was similar to the one that always gave her wife "what do you think, mommy?"

"You must be grateful to our son or right now you would already be screaming my name lying on the table-" She fell silent instantly as the younger's hand covered .

"Jun is there and you know he repeats anything, try to contain yourself at least a little"

The brunette pushed her away gently, showing all her disappointment "it's not my fault if you provoke me in the least opportune moments"

Jihyo raised her eyebrows "I never provoke you"

"Did you forget that time at work when you locked the door to the printer closet for almost an hour? Not to mention all the times you sneak into the bathroom while I'm taking a shower"

"Don't you like it when I do this? It was enough to say it first"

"You know very well how much I like it, I just wanted to point it out"

Minjun, patient and quiet as he was, stood watching his mothers argue, all in silence. He was almost three years old, he has a language fairly correct for his age and a frightening intelligence "I'm hungry, breakfast and then cuddles"

"Did you hear, mommy? Your son is hungry and you have to make him breakfast, I finish preparing everything" Jihyo leaned down to kiss her baby's nose and to fix his hair "you are really beautiful"

Momo was already in front of the stove "of course, he is the same as me. He can even mimic my smile"

The two brides were aware that the baby looked a lot like his father, according to the little resemblance he had to Jihyo: he had inherited his big eyes and his laugh from his mother, but everything else was a mix of his parents or definitely belonged to that man.

However, even though Momo hadn't contributed to Minjun's genetics, there were many similarities between the two: the ability to sleep in total noise, a passion for more unique toys, and the smile that Jihyo loved so much.

"He looks too much like you and I hope he doesn't behave like you when he grows up, he must be a good boy"

"Are you calling me bad? Before meeting you I did all sort of experiences, but since we met I have never, and I repeat never, did anything with someone else. Ungrateful wife"

"Don't be mad, I've had my dark period too" she kissed her shoulder before leaving the kitchen "and I love you for who you are!"

Minjun was smiling and hopping "my moms are beautiful"

"You're right, and speaking of that, you're going to have to persuade your mom to give me a nice birthday surprise in November"

"Okay mommy!" he smiled again, immediately throwing himself into Momo's open arms.

 

 

 

 

Nana was high, to the point of hopping around her mom all the time "Tzuyu comes back today and we'll all be together!"

"Are you happy?" Nayeon, with the invaluable help of her hyperactive little girl, was loading all the bags into their car.

"A lot, summer is the best season because we are all here and because I, Tzuyu and Jun have birthdays. You always give us lots of gifts, but the best moment is when we eat the cake"

That little girl was able to talk for hours without ever getting tired. For that reason, according to Jeongyeon, she could have become a better lawyer than the older of her moms.

Nayeon agreed, but even though her daughter was only six, it was clear that her path would be very different and she was curious to see her grow, even if she wished she could hold her in her arms for the rest of her life.

"When is Mom coming back? We have to leave!"

"She went to get your aunts, I think they destroyed their car. Again"

After they finished getting Nayeon's car ready, they'd waited in front of the TV to pass the time, pouncing on Jeongyeon when she got home.

With her were Mina and Chaeyoung, both embarrassed "we're sorry for the delay, we had no idea that the car had all those problems and today it decided not to turn on at all" said the first after kissing her niece's cheek.

"The mechanic will take care of fixing it, you don't have to worry" Jeongyeon, since she had cut her hair, shone with her own light and was more beautiful in the eyes of those who looked at her "it's not the first time that your poor car needs to be repaired since you aren't able to take care of it. Now I propose to go or we'll be more late than the others"

Chaeyoung, despite the tragicomic situation, was smiling amused "you are always mean to us"

"She acts like this when Nayeon doesn't want to have " Mina whispered in her ear "my sister is that kind of person"

Nayeon was giggling "actually we did it this morning, since we got married we take advantage of every single opportunity"

"But it's been a long time since your wedding!" Mina was gawking at her "we don't do it that often"

"Too bad for you, my wife and I are not going to stop" she had a proud look "we must take advantage of youth"

Chaeyoung turned a mischievous look to her girlfriend, making her blush "you convinced me"

"Get moving or I'll leave you on foot!" Jeongyeon yelled, quickly followed by her daughter "thank you for your assistance" she gave her high five, helping her into the car and put on her seat belt.

 

 

 

 

Cohabitation had initially been complicated for Sana and Dahyun due to the schedules that didn't coincide and the habits of one that didn't approach those of the other girl, but with a little patience they were able to make everything work and find a balance.

They had waited patiently for Dahyun to have the right age before taking the plunge and sharing Sana's apartment, using the empty room to store the items inherent in their passions: books and albums.

"But where did I put them? They were here yesterday" Sana was looking for her sunglasses "I can't be outdoors without protecting my eyes"

"Have you tried looking on the dresser in the bedroom? You always leave them there" Dahyun was intent on arranging their bag, taking care to put everything in order.

The older immediately went to check, exulting "I found them! You're a genius" she went back to her girlfriend to give her a thank you kiss "my life is simpler since you are here"

"It's easier because I'm a person who likes to have the house in order and you're not, a storm seems to pass by every time you step into a room" she was amused "don't sulk, I'm not the only one who thinks you're too messy"

"You should be on my side on any occasion, even when I'm wrong like in this case"

"Don't be a child and take the car keys, I don't want to arrive too late and get a lecture. Who's driving today?"

Sana grabbed the bag "I can't drive, my hands are full"

"Lazy" Dahyun pinched her on the side before exiting their apartment and heading to their car "I hope Tzuyu hasn't gotten even taller, I feel like a dwarf when she's around me"

The older had already fastened her seat belt "you and Jihyo are short and it's fun to see you next to your little sister. Plus, I'm more than sure, Tzuyu loves being taller and bragging about it"

That conversation about height had gone on too long for the girl behind the wheel, who had hurried to turn on the radio to deflect the uncomfortable conversation. Both of them liked being in the car a lot and they used to sing all the songs to pass the time, often reducing themselves to making improvised and sweet serenades.

"I love this song, even if I don't understand what the singer is saying" Sana was moving her head to the beat of the music, singing the words inaccurately.

Dahyun was giggling "it's a very sad song and you're singing and dancing happily"

"What are you talking about?"

"It talks about the end of a relationship, the pain caused by separation and how the heart of the person still in love has fallen into a thousand pieces"

"I don't want to sing anymore" she muttered immediately, leaning her head against the seat and admiring her girlfriend "did I already tell you that you look magnificent?"

"You often point this out to me and I thank you" she gave her a bright smile "now don't distract me or I'll risk being confused and take the wrong road. I know for sure we'll be late and I'd like to avoid worsening the situation"

"Yes, sir!" Sana turned to look out the window, enjoying the tranquility of that moment and listening to the music to relax even more.

 

 

 

 

The place Jeongyeon chose to spend that family day was a long stretch of greenery near a little-known little town. People could stay there for a small fee and use the pool at any time, as well as the services, making that place perfect for a summer day.

As expected, the Yoo family had been the first to arrive and, as Nayeon and the younger ones were preparing to spread the towels on the lawn, Jeongyeon had gone to the owner of the place to request a barbecue, leaving more money than he had asked for. 

"Mom look, the pool is beautiful!" Nana was standing on the edge to see how deep it was "but it scares me a little and I don't want to go in"

Chaeyoung had joined her to make sure the girl didn't get hurt "if you're afraid I'll take care of keeping you safe when you want to take a bath"

"Thanks auntie!" she gave her a kiss on the cheek, turning to check the situation and smiling happily "Jun is here!"

The boy looked like a little star: he had knee-length denim pants, a white T-shirt and a peaked cap. However, despite his moms' efforts to dress him up, his elegant appearance lasted only seconds.

Minjun had thrown himself at his godmother, dropping his hat on the grass "Aunt Nay, Jun is here"

"Here is my favorite baby" she took him in her arms to fill his soft cheeks with affectionate kisses "it took you forever to arrive, we had agreed to meet more than half an hour ago at the entrance"

"We're sorry, but we had some problems dressing Minjun, you know he prefers to be alone with his diaper on in summer" Jihyo had placed the bags on the towels, enjoying the sun on her skin "it's a fantastic day, it was a great idea to organize this outing all together and I hope to be able to tan a little"

"When will Tzuyu arrive? Will she have time to have lunch with us?" Momo had already thrown herself on the ground next to Mina, curious to see what she was playing on her cell phone and immediately got excited "you have to jump now!"

"You scared me!" the younger showed all her disappointment "I lost because of you"

"She should do it, she also said she had a surprise and I'm really curious" Nayeon was more radiant than ever and her joy was contagious.

Jeongyeon joined them after a few minutes, dragging the barbecue "I start preparing everything to cook the meat. Where are the others? I hate latecomers more than anything in the world and my daughter is the only one justified in being late"

They all shrugged, not knowing where the remaining members of their group were. It was at that moment that they saw Sana and Dahyun in the distance, who were arguing heatedly.

"I kindly asked you not to distract me and you thought of reaching out while I was driving!"

The older clicked her tongue, puffing out her cheeks immediately after "I already said I'm sorry, but you know I can't resist when you're wearing skirts or shorts"

"We risked having an accident and I had my driver's license for less than a year, I would like to avoid getting into trouble because of you" Dahyun was particularly nervous, but her expression changed totally when Nana and Minjun jumped on her to kiss her.

"I'm here too, I want your kisses" Sana pouted.

"People who can't control themselves don't deserve the kisses of these wonderful children" the younger had hurried to join the rest of the group and greeted as if nothing had happened, receiving so many complaints about their delay and getting nervous again "it's all to blame di Sana, don't look at me"

Momo was eating a packet of chips "we know, the complaints are not aimed at you. Imagine if that idiot can do something good"

"Mommy, one!" Minjun had joined her with an angelic smile, ready to grab a potato chip.

The brunette didn't have time to agree that she found the grim look of her wife on her "don't give him anything or he won't eat during lunch. Jun, Aunt Jeongyeon wants to cook a lot of good things and she will be offended if you don't eat everything"

"Auntie no sad" he immediately ran to her to make sure she wasn't crying and staring at her with his dark eyes.

"Are you staring at me because you want an autograph?" she reached down to his height to ruffle his hair, getting a hug "you are a loving garden dwarf and you have no idea how much I like your hugs"

Minjun used to look at Jeongyeon with an adoring look "favorite auntie" 

"This is one of the greatest victories of my life, let's go and tell the other aunts" she picked him up and walked towards their group "this little one has something to say to all of you, tell it Jun"

"Jeongie is Jun's favorite Aunt!"

"I can't accept this!" Nayeon had dropped Nana's ball while the others started a chorus of protests, which only ended when the food was served.

 

 

 

 

"I can't wait to get there and all this traffic is just fueling my anxiety" Tzuyu was constantly moving in the taxi seat, unable to find a comfortable position.

Sharon immediately took her hand to reassure her "not much, you just have to be a little patient"

"Aren't you even a little anxious? This is your first time meeting my family and, even if you already know Mina and Jeongyeon, I remind you that one of them practically adopted me and that Nayeon and my sisters are there too"

"You're talking too fast and I find it hard to understand you, calm down" she smiled kindly before giving her an encouraging kiss "I'm never scared when you are next to me, I thought I made it clear"

Tzuyu took refuge in her girl's arms, resting her head on her chest and calming down thanks to her regular heartbeat "and to think that at first I didn't like you, you made too much noise"

Sharon let out a chuckle "it was mutual, you seemed like a boring curmudgeon who doesn't know how to have fun"

"I'm not a curmudgeon!" retorted the younger, starting an argument that had entertained them throughout the trip.

Upon their arrival, to avoid getting lost, they had waited for someone to pick them up at the entrance and to do so was Nayeon, who had thrown herself on Tzuyu to hug her "my little girl is finally back"

To Sharon's surprise, her girlfriend immediately returned that gesture of overwhelming affection, showing not the slightest sign of annoyance or discomfort. It was at that moment that she realized how important that person was to Tzuyu and she found herself smiling.

"I'm home" she smiled after having dissolved the hug "mom"

Nayeon held her in another hug before turning to look at Sharon "what a surprise.."

"Have we met before?"

"We saw each other a couple of times when you were a child, but I know who you are because you look a lot like Mina and, knowing that there is a cousin physically similar to her, it was enough for me to look at you to realize I had a Myoui in front of me. You look like my mother-in-law" she smiled kindly before looking at her daughter with malice "when were you going to tell me you got a girlfriend?"

Tzuyu was blushing "how did you understand?"

"You are my little girl and I know you like the back of my hand, but I also noticed that you were holding hands and this was a clear sign of your love for me. Now let's go, I couldn't wait to be all together and this conversation must be made in front of a nice plate of meat" she took both girls by the arm before walking briskly.

Upon their arrival there was a constant exchange of kisses and hugs, as well as curious glances directed at Sharon. Jeongyeon stood in front of her cousin, hands on hips and a threatening look "what are your intentions with my daughter? Little rogue"

"I'm happy to see you too" Sharon had rolled her eyes, surprised by the embrace that arrived immediately after.

"The family has grown and you have to tell us everything, you are so different that it will be fun to know how you ended up together" she said before ending the hug. 

They fed the new arrivals, who were quite busy handling Minjun's hugs and Nana's questions. Those children were a distraction for everyone present, but it wasn't enough to make them forget about the main topic of that day: the love story of Sharon and Tzuyu.

 

 

 

 

~~

This is the end of the story! I want to thank you all for your support, I really appreciate that and I hope to see you all in the special chapters and the next stories, but if you want to stop here it's okay to me because I'm satisfied and happy for everything I received from you.

I'm really thankful, I never expected that something done by me could attract someone's attention and it's a really warm feeling, it's helping me a lot.💌