Extra chapter #1

The Reason Why

Coming of age had always been a goal coveted by many young people for the advantages it offered: being able to get a driver's license, spend evenings drinking with friends and lose the nomination as a child. In the small circle of children who were the exception and who didn't have the desire to become adults was Park Minjun, who was preparing to go to celebrate his twenties.

"Mom, we are in the middle of August and I don't really want to spend the evening sweating" he complained after wearing the jacket "I just need a shirt to be elegant"

Jihyo, as for everything that didn't involve any kind of danger, agreed to the request of her son "okay, you would be wonderful even dressed in rags"

"Thank you, I feel freer and more comfortable with only the shirt" under the trousers he had worn sneakers to give a sporty touch that represented his personality "now I'm ready"

"Not yet darling, you have to put this" Momo had approached him to spray him a disproportionate amount of perfume "you never know if there is some girl willing to try to seduce you and in those cases it's necessary to be perfumed"

"I invited my mates from swimming school, none of the girls in our group will try something with me" Minjun was looking in the mirror to fix every single strand of his dark hair, eager to be in top shape "how am I?"

Jihyo had eyes shining with the emotion "you are beautiful"

"A muscled womanizer" added Momo, indignant after receiving a slap from her wife "Park Jihyo, never allow yourself again"

"Otherwise what are you doing?"

"Wait for our son to go and you will find out"

Minjun blushed and left his room in a hurry "they will never change" he smiled in front of a family photo "I would like a love like theirs, it's my birthday wish" he whispered before receiving a message from his best friend, the one who had a car and who would accompany him to the place of the party.

"Jack is here, I'm going!" he exclaimed before opening the front door and finding himself in the arms of his aunts.

Dahyun had showered his nephew's cheeks with kisses "happy birthday little man! You become more and more beautiful. And taller"

"All thanks to me, he looks like the most beautiful aunt" Sana was holding her nephew as if he were still a child "behave yourself and have fun responsibly, it's your party and you have to enjoy it as much as possible"

"There won't be any party if you don't let him go" Momo motioned to her best friend to take her hands off her son, who she did right away.

Minjun smiled at everyone, putting the cell phone in his pocket and crossing his fingers behind his back "I'm going, see you later"

As soon as they were left alone the four women had gone into the kitchen to keep Jihyo company while she was preparing dinner, planning a family party for that weekend.

"Tzuyu and Sharon will arrive shortly, they have taken a vacation period to be able to stay as long as possible in Korea. Nayeon and Jeongyeon will also come, if you like to have dinner together you are welcome" Momo, to help his wife, was getting what she needed to set the table.

Dahyun smiled excitedly, getting up to lend a hand "gladly, it's been a month since we were all together"

 

 

 

 

"Let's review the rules: don't drink more than a cocktail, don't overdo the junk food and have fun as much as you can" Jeongyeon was behind the wheel, intent on following the directions of the navigator.

"Mom, I'm twenty-three and I know how to take care of myself" Nana had rolled her eyes "I honestly don't want to feel bad from some alcohol or strange foods, I know my body can't handle them and more Jun assured me that it will be a quiet party, he only invited his friends from the swimming school"

Nana's best friend nudged her lightly "so it will be easier to get his attention"

"Whose attention?" Nayeon had turned to look at the two girls sitting in the back seat "will there be anyone in particular that interests you?"

"Absolutely not, Kami is just being stupid" she gave her a pinch on the leg "I'm going to the party only because Jun cares about my presence, for nothing else"

"Then why did you ask me to come with you?"

"Because I don't know any of his friends and Jun won't be able to stay with me all the time to avoid getting bored, he has to have fun and I regretted asking you"

Kami smirked "I'm your best friend and that's why you thought my presence was necessary. Admit that you love me, it costs nothing"

"Sure, count on it" Nana was smiling, stopping it two seconds later and putting a hand to her chest.

"Do you feel bad?" her best friend whispered.

"I'm fine, I'm just a little tired" she replied in a whisper so as not to be heard by her mothers.

Nayeon stretched on the seat, yawning loudly "I'm so tired, I spent the day scolding the trainees who entrusted me"

"Did they misbehave?" Jeongyeon had taken her wife's hand, playing with her fingers to keep herself busy while waiting for the light to turn green.

"Not really, but they don't take seriously what is the profession of a lawyer and instead of committing themselves to learn they started to imitate some famous people"

The younger smiled amused "you are y when you get angry, I want to be your student"

"Stop acting like an idiot!" Nayeon's hand collided with her wife's shoulder "I'm stressed out because of them and your jokes make me nervous"

While Jeongyeon tried to calm down her wife, which had the opposite effect due to her constant giggles, Kami approached her best friend "do they always do that?"

"All the time" Nana was enjoying the scene with a smile full of affection "they can't really fight, they love each other too much and make up after a maximum of five minutes spent arguing. They are one of the most beautiful examples of love I could have"

As expected by their daughter, Nayeon and Jeongyeon's quarrel lasted a few minutes, ending with a quick kiss on the lips during a stop at yet another traffic light. Nana, faced with that vision, found herself wishing to be in a relationship like that of her mothers.

 

 

 

 

The room that Minjun had requested was located in an elevated point and exiting the structure you could enjoy a crazy view, making it the centerpiece of that place. Inside it was full of balloons, expressly requested by Momo, and a buffet with various foods to please all the guests.

The birthday boy was in the company of his best friend, waiting for the rest of his partygoers to arrive. Jack patted him on the shoulder "you look a little nervous"

"You know that I don't like being the center of attention and that I didn't want to celebrate, it was my mothers who convinced me"

"They did well to insist, twenty comes only once in a lifetime and this is the age when you have more fun. Trust me, I'm older and I know what I say" he lit a cigarette "you want?"

Minjun refused the offer "I don't like that and you should stop too"

"I'll do it when I find someone who loves me"

"From someone who thinks about making a collection of girls is really funny"

Jack pointed in the distance, smiling mischievously "she is my next prey"

The birthday boy hoped with all his heart to have seen wrong "are you talking about Nana's best friend?"

"No, I'm talking about your cousin. Right, you're not cousins, I almost forgot"

"Why are you using this teasing tone?"

Jack threw the cigarette into the bin "because I can't stand to see you with heart eyes every time you see her. If you just look at her from afar you will lose your chance, sooner or later someone will take the girl you like away from you and you will be left with a sea of regrets"

"I don't know what you're talking about" he took a few steps forward to reach the two girls "I never would have said, but you were the first to arrive" he smiled at both of them.

"It would have taken us less if there hadn't been all that traffic" Nana leaned over to hug him "happy birthday Jun, now you're an adult too"

"I became a man, I reached you" holding her in his arms made him feel safe and made his heartbeat frenzy. What Minjun didn't know was that Nana felt the same way.

Kami feigned a cough "guys, other guests are coming and you are glued to each other"

Minjun quickly removed his arms from the older's waist and put on a demeanor before approaching his swim group and receiving hugs and kisses from each of them.

"I saw you, you particularly appreciated that hug"

"Shut up, we've been hugging since he was born and it's normal for us"

"When did you realize you were crushed on him? You admit you had unchaste thoughts about a boy who has just come of age, although I can't blame you with his nice swimmer muscles" Kami couldn't get the smirk off her face.

Nana was staring at the subject of their discussion while being hugged by some girls "me and Minjun are just friends and cousins ​​in law, nothing more" she entered the room to go and put away the bag, intending not to witness the effusions of those girls.

 

 

 

 

Returning to Korea was always exciting for Tzuyu and Sharon thanks to the warm welcome they received every single time. That evening hadn't been outdone: Tzuyu's mothers, although she had grown up and their age difference no longer had much weight, had held her as tightly as they used to when she was still a little girl.

Sharon also received a lot of affection from each of those women, those who had become her beloved family "Jun and Nana aren't there?"

"They're at Jun's birthday party, we'll all celebrate together this weekend. Would you like Saturday night? It's the most comfortable day for all of us" Jihyo asked after putting the food on the table and taking a seat.

"Then we'll give him the gift on that occasion" Tzuyu smiled at the thought of his reaction "we bought him a video game that at the moment can only be found in America"

Momo pointed a finger at her with a satisfied expression "he will go crazy and I'm sure it will become his favorite gift"

"It can also be played in two, so he can be a nerd with Nana" Sharon was cleaning her lips with extreme care "those two have a lot of passions in common"

"Excluding swimming" Nayeon and Jeongyeon said in unison.

"It's your fault that Nana is afraid of water" Tzuyu lightly tugged a lock of her older mom's hair "you traumatized her"

She rolled her eyes "I told you not to leave us alone to bathe, it's not my fault if we were about to drown"

Dahyun was blatantly judging her with her gaze "you should have been careful and protect your little girl, the water level was low. It couldn't even cover your shoulders!"

"Shut up, clumsy brat" she smiled playfully before sticking her tongue out.

"Don't insult my wife" Sana loved to see them argue like that, but she knew she had to play her part to keep up the honor of her beloved one "she now walks very well in heels, even better than all of us put together"

"Despite being a model I look like a dinosaur when I wear heels" Sharon was intent on filling her plate again "you who are able to walk with them have all my respect, but I will never leave my sneakers"

Tzuyu smiled with the dimple "you are always beautiful, with or without heels"

"Especially without clothes"

"Hirai Momo, start running because I'll seriously kill you!" Jihyo threw her napkin, turning to look at the others "could any of you remind me why I married this erted idiot?"

"You did it because you have always been madly in love with me, a smile of mine was enough to have you at my feet" Momo was making her mischievous smile.

Nayeon's smile conveyed fun and fear at the same time "this time she really kills you, you should start running"

"She won't do it, she loves me too much" the brunette reached out to kiss her wife on her cheek "and, honestly said, she couldn't find one as good as me in bed, you should hear how I make her scre-"

Jihyo had stuck a piece of bread in , red as a tomato "for once, just once, could you shut up?"

The light of a flash hit Momo's face and Jeongyeon smiled satisfied "this photo is fantastic, thanks to both of you for giving me the opportunity to take it"

"You act like a child, you should grow up a little and be an adult" Sana was acting like a lived woman.

"Says the adult that just the other day bought a shelf to have enough space to use for a collection of soft toys" Dahyun gave her wife a kiss before taking a sip of wine.

The ringing of the bell silenced everyone, but that silence ended when Mina and Chaeyoung had set foot in the house "surprise! We brought drinks, are you ready to get drunk like the old days?" asked the latter with a triumphant smile.

 

 

 

 

The party was going well: the music, which a boy hired for the occasion was taking care of, wasn't too loud and all the guests were enjoying themselves.

Everyone with the exception of Nana, who hadn't been able to eat much and had a headache "I'll go to the bathroom, I'll be right back" she said in the ear of her best friend, who was so busy moving to the rhythm of the music that didn't pay much attention to her.

Being away from the noise always managed to calm her down in a couple of minutes, the perfect time not to arouse suspicion with a prolonged absence. She looked at herself in the mirror carefully, hating the fragility emanating from her body and comparing herself negatively to the girls who were in the room.

She knew she was beautiful, she had inherited the best parts of her mothers and despite her health problems she had grown well in both her mind and body, making her attractive in both areas.

This was what she was told all the time by those who had given her her life, but Nana couldn't believe it that much. She wished she had the stamina to be able to play a sport or go for long walks in the mountains without finding herself in bed with muscle aches and fever the next day.

"Stop pitying yourself, you don't lack anything" she the tap to wash her hands, enjoying the coolness of the water "I would like to be part of the swimming group"

After finishing drying her hands she returned to the room with a slight smile and a slight hunger, a sign that her mood was returning to its stability, but all that positivity disappeared when she saw what was happening in the center of the dance floor: two girls were dancing near Minjun, taking advantage of that proximity to put forward the proposal to be able to undress him to seal the boy's coming of age.

Her stomach twisted and the corners of went down again " it, I won't stay here and watch" she came out discreetly, leaning against a tree and looking blankly at the view.

She didn't realize the passage of time, nor the fresh air tickling her skin, but she immediately sensed Minjun's presence "why are you here alone?"

"I needed to breathe some air, the cold from the air conditioner bothers me a little. What did you come to do? Your party can't go on without you"

The boy, to the surprise of the older, had his clothes and hair perfectly in order "they are all high because they drank too much and I was bored, I don't like being around people who throw themselves at me"

Nana took the last sip of the drink she had in her glass "I thought you were having fun, having beautiful girls around is every boy's dream"

"You should know that I'm not like everyone else" he took the glass from her hands, placing it gently on the ground "or maybe I am, but only if the person I want is dancing on me"

"It seems a correct reasoning to me" she gave him an affectionate smile "you are a good boy"

"And you are beautiful, I noticed you cut your hair" he touched the hair tips gently "they look better on you, they are neither long nor short"

Nana hadn't been able to hide her surprise and masked the emotion she was feeling with a joking tone of voice "did you pay me a compliment? You even noticed my change, although I must agree with you because, speaking honestly, my new cut gives me a lot of justice"

"I always notice everything, you should know this too" he stopped looking at her to enjoy the fireworks in the distance, watching them fascinated "they are wonderful"

"I agree, I would never get tired of looking at them"

The noise seemed to cease as Minjun returned to devote his attention to the girl, looking at her as he had never done before and approaching her without realizing what he was doing "Nana"

"Jun" Nana's heart was beating at an amazing speed due to the sudden closeness of their bodies, but she didn't try to resist the invisible force that was holding her in place and allowed the boy to be close enough to touch her nose with his own.

Minjun's hands had rested on her hips as his lips were searching for Nana's, finding them in the blink of an eye and starting to kiss them slowly. He realized the sincerity of Jack's words, who had told him that the fear of giving the first kiss was legitimate, but that giving it to the right person canceled all fear.

He had wished with all his heart that he could kiss the girl he had fallen in love with, and when Nana kissed him back, everything else about the world had lost its importance. There were only the two of them and their bodies close enough to hear the other person's heartbeat.

The sound of a shattered bottle interrupted the moment and the two noticed with amazement that they had clung to each other, their hands still in parts of the body where they weren't supposed to be and that the fireworks were already over.

"Jun, you are touching my " she had reddened cheeks and swollen lips, a true vision for him.

"And you're holding on to my shirt, you risk tearing it"

Nana immediately removed her hands, feeling her head spin because of the strong emotions "I should go home, I'm not feeling very well"

"Do you want me to accompany you? I don't want to let you take the taxi alone"

"Kami is with me, don't worry. Sorry for not bringing your present, I'll give it to you when we celebrate with our family" she touched her lips before reaching her best friend at a brisk pace, trying hard not to collapse because of joy.

Minjun ran a hand through his hair, noticing how disheveled it was and working hard to put it back in order. He was afraid of having ruined their friendship, so much so that he decided not to talk about the kiss and to do what he could to keep their relationship as it always had been.