Chapter fifteen

The Reason Why

"Here you go, but I won't let you drink anything other than these light drinks, understood? I agreed only because we have to toast Dahyun's birthday and because I'm in a good mood" Chaeyoung, taking advantage of the age difference and her job as a bartender, had taken the liberty of wandering around her girlfriend and their friend.

Mina, now lost in love, always consented to the things that her girl said "it's okay for me, drinking until you get drunk is useless"

Dahyun had also agreed, merely toasting with what was offered, at least until she found herself with an empty glass in her hands "it's very good, sure you can't give me another one? It's light and it doesn't even look like alcohol"

"Those were the deals and I'm not going to give you anything but water, or juice if you prefer. You shouldn't even be here, but I'm too permissive when you two are in the way"

"Mina told me that if you offer us something else to drink she will spend the night with you, she is even willing to have her wrists tied to the bed"

The blonde started coughing because of the liquid that had crept into without warning "what's wrong with you? I never said that!" she was red even on the neck because of embarrassment "I never think about certain things"

Chaeyoung was giggling "what a pity, I wish I had complete control of my girlfriend"

"Now I'm going to the bathroom, I'll let you fight in peace" her amusement was obvious and she walked away from the counter with a satisfied smile. She decided to wash her hands to buy time, so as to leave some space for the two girlfriends.

"For a moment I thought I had gone mad and had visions, but you are really here"

Dahyun immediately turned off the sink, turning in the direction of the girl who had spoken "Sana"

It had been a long time since the last time they had seen each other and were studying each other "this morning I learned from Jihyo that a few days ago it was your day, happy birthday"

"Thank you" she had lowered her eyes, unable to hold her gaze.

"I got you a gift, I was going to bring it to you tomorrow if you don't already have a commitment. It will take two minutes, the time to deliver it to you"

Dahyun had gathered all the courage she had to look into her eyes "can't you give it to me now?"

"I would do it if I had it here with me, but I left it at home" she ran a hand through her hair "I didn't expect to meet you here, but I'm still sorry for not bringing it"

"We could go and get it, you must also be forgiven for the late greetings"

"Dahyun.."

The younger girl stopped her with a wave of her hand "I don't want to hear anything that's about to come out of your mouth, unless it's something that coincides with what I'm thinking about"

Sana bit the inside of her cheek, visibly torn about what to do "what are you going to tell Jihyo? If we go to my house you won't be back at your apartment until tomorrow morning"

"I just need to tell her I'm at Mina's house, she's expecting it considering the fact that we went out to celebrate my birthday"

The older one took a deep breath "okay, tell Mina and join me in the car. I parked in front of the entrance" she walked out of the bathroom at a brisk pace despite her wearing a pair of higher heels than usual, feeling impatient and anxious.

In the car, silence reigned supreme and the only audible sound was the one produced by Dahyun's fingers in contact with her cell phone screen. She spoke immediately after seeing a notification "my sister agreed, no problem"

Arriving at the redhead's apartment they immediately took off their shoes, both feeling more relaxed and free "these heels are really terrible"

"It's your fault that you insist on putting them on" she took off her jacket, tossing it on the couch carelessly "but on the other hand you are an expert when it comes to repenting the decisions you have made"

"I deserved this" she sighed as she walked towards the kitchen "would you like a glass of water?"

Dahyun shook her head, walking towards the corridor "I'll wait for you in your room"

The older took a couple of minutes to realize what was happening, feeling disoriented "it almost seems like a strange dream" she murmured before plucking up her courage and reaching her bedroom.

Once inside there was only darkness to welcome her and she looked for the switch to turn on the light, being stopped by a hand firmly on her wrist "why did you stop me?"

"I did it to avoid seeing repentance in your eyes, I couldn't bear it" Dahyun had let go of her wrist to go up and caress her arm, stopping on her shoulder "you are repentant, am I wrong?"

"I don't know what you're talking about, I don't regret anything"

The younger pushed her against the wall, bringing her face close to her to speak at a very close distance. She made sure to brush her lips with hers with each word "if you don't feel sorry then why are you doing everything to keep me away from you? Why don't you want to be with me?"

Having the person who had invaded her every thought so close made Sana's brain almost short-circuit "I want to be with you, but at the same time I can't. Will you condemn me to life for that?"

"No, you are an important person to me and I would never want to hurt you just because we don't think the same way" Dahyun placed her hands on her hips, ready to get rid of the dress that was preventing her from touching her skin "let's allow ourselves a little selfishness and for once, only once, let's silence all our paranoia"

Sana gave her a chaste kiss on the lips, immediately followed by another "I'm in" she took control of the situation, not even giving the other girl time to realize what was happening. All the clothes they were wearing had ended up in unspecified parts of the room while the two lovers were already at work on the bed.

The redhead knew what to do: she remembered everything about Dahyun and it wasn't hard to hit all her weak points "you're beautiful" she whispered on her skin, getting lower and lower. She took it slow but not too much, acting like she had done on their first time, but showing even more enthusiasm.

If there was one thing that Dahyun could feel proud of was her physical resistance, in fact it took her very little to recover and turn the situation around, emulating everything that had been done to her to pay back the older with the same coin.

Once they finished they started looking at the ceiling "if someone had told me that one day I would let myself be dominated by a girl younger than me and that I would have liked it, I would have laughed at them, but I guess I was always wrong since I am exhausted"

"Did you really like it?" Dahyun had her side to rest her head on her shoulder, smiling after receiving a kiss "I'm inexperienced and you will surely be used to more capable people"

"I agree with what you said, but not even the best person in the world would have been able to exhaust me like you did. And then, honestly said, doing it with you is a whole other thing" she kissed her again on the head, immediately breaking away to take a package from the drawer of her bedside table "I was about to forget about your gift, open it" she switched on the lamp.

The younger opened the gift with trembling hands, unable to hide her enthusiasm "this album was released yesterday!" there was no longer any trace of the mature person who had pushed the older one to her limit until just before. 

"It was good to have found out about your birthday late, don't you think?" Sana was smiling "Jihyo told me several times that you love this group and today I took the ball"

"I don't know how to thank you!" she threw her arms around her neck, giving her a breathtaking kiss "I love you"

Sana was stunned by that revelation, but she gave herself a demeanor because Dahyun hadn't paid any attention to what she had said, so much was busy opening her new album. She had told her she loved her naturally and the redhead kept those words in her heart, feeling pain at the thought of having to hurt her again.

 

 

 

 

Momo was visibly agitated, unable not to move constantly in the chair "I didn't understand the question"

The psychologist, without getting upset in the slightest, took off his glasses to look at her better "I asked you what you feel when Jihyo is next to you"

"How do I know? I can't understand what this question has to do with my discomfort"

"There is nothing wrong with you and thank goodness you have no trauma to deal with. Do you know what this means? The problems you think you have are all in your head, you created them yourself"

The girl bit her fingernail hard, trying to remain impassive "this means that there is actually something wrong with me"

"The only thing we are finding in these last sessions is that you let yourself be ruled by your fears and this has led you to a state of repression so severe that it pushed you to start a psychological path with me" he was intent on staring at his notebook "the only way to get out of this infinite loop is to be honest with yourself and for this reason I ask again the question above: what do you feel when Jihyo is near you?"

The silence that followed, according to Momo, had the same weight as a truck loaded with goods. Her lids had pulled down hard to hold back the tears "when I'm with her my heart rate goes up fast and my hands sweat"

"Is there anything else? Anything you can think of will be fine"

"I feel lighter, especially when she smiles or hugs me" she was smiling "you should see her, she has the most beautiful smile in the world, not to mention the sweetness that her eyes transmit. She is gorgeous both inside and out and pregnancy has made her even more beautiful, even if I can't understand why "

The man was writing down every single word in his notebook with dragons printed on the cover "now try to imagine her with someone else, maybe while they are taking care of the baby in her womb. What do you feel?"

The very thought that such a moment could come true almost made her cry "it wears me out inside and I feel like I have a tight rope around my neck"

"The last time we met you told me about your chat about the possible names of the baby, may I know why your eyes were sparkling? You were talking about him as if he were your son"

"The birth of a child is a beautiful thing, it's normal to feel enthusiasm"

The notebook was closed slowly "you are clearly confused, but I think you already know everything I am about to tell you. You are in love with Jihyo and you love her son as if he were your own, you are jealous if someone approaches her because you want her all for you and you feel fluctuating when you two are together. Momo, I speak to you as a friend and not as a psychologist: don't let your fears win and love that poor girl, she already has the bad luck of falling in love with an idiot like you" he smiled amused, willing to lighten the atmosphere.

"Damn, is this how you talk to your patient?" she was amused too, but she was trying to look pouty to make him feel guilty.

"I would never talk to a patient like that, but I think I can do it with my best friend from the kindergarten, who, moreover, doesn't even pay me"

"That's what you deserve for always preferring Sana to me" she was pointing the finger at him. 

He smiled mischievously "who would like an uncoordinated animal like you? Sana by comparison is a pretty doll"

"I really feel the urge to throw up every time you say it, I'll never get used to it"

"You know very well that's a joke and that I like men, I was madly in love with our high school gym teacher"

Momo covered her face with both hands, laughing to tears "how many bad impressions we have made, I remember them all"

"You can laugh, I had with him before graduating" he had a proud look "and he liked it too, I was flawless to say the least"

"That's disgusting, I didn't ask you"

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon had placed a donut and a cup of coffee on the table where Nayeon had been working for two hours "take a break and have breakfast, you'll work better with a full stomach"

"At your orders, boss" the older was too hungry to object "did you know anything about the lost files? It would be a lot easier if we had those"

"Still nothing, honestly I'm losing hope and I'm getting used to the idea of ​​having to go to court. I just hope not to lose"

Nayeon had got up from the couch to look out the window: the sky was gray and, added to that unpleasant news, it made her feel infinite sadness "you shouldn't resign yourself, it's not over yet and there is always a possibility. We just have to figure out how to play the cards we have in hand"

"Are you angry with me?"

"Jeong, it doesn't seem like the time to talk about our personal problems" she turned to her, hating her pained expression "I'm not angry, we tried and it didn't go well. It hurts, but it's the reality and I'm doing my best to accept it"

"I hate the scar on your belly, but at the same time I love it because our little girl could have been born from there" she reached her in front of the window "we had so many plans and because of my weakness they were all thrown in the bin"

The older clung to the sleeve of her shirt, being careful not to touch her directly so as not to upset her "it doesn't matter, what matters is that my family is fine"

"This also includes your roommate I suppose"

"Obviously, I care a lot about her, the girls and my nephew" she was smiling "did I already tell you that I will be Minjun's godmother? I can't wait for him to be born to assert my dominance as his favorite aunt"

Jeongyeon hinted an amused smile "you really like to surround yourself with children"

"They're too cute, I can't help it.. Jeong, what are you doing?"

"I change the subject in my favor" she had pushed her to sit on the desk, positioning herself between her legs "I hope you don't mind, but I prefer action to cheesy speeches"

It was clear that Nayeon was ready to accept whatever proposal would come out of her ex's mouth, but she made an effort not to show it too much "you said you couldn't touch me anymore, I remember correctly?"

"I suddenly changed my mind, do you mind?" her hands had already made their way under her skirt "I could stop, but I can assure you it would be an immense sorrow for the both of us"

"I'll never be able to understand your mood swings" she was looking into her eyes, hoping to be able to reciprocate "can I touch you too?"

Jeongyeon smiled even though she was a little tense "I would be offended if you didn't"

They used to start with a kiss, but that time Nayeon had decided to caress the other girl's face, stopping on the neck "do you feel my hands? They are warm and that means I'm alive, I'm still here with you and my fragility failed to win against me. You don't have to be afraid to be near me because sooner or later death will come for everyone and, precisely because there is no way of knowing when it will come knocking on our door, we should take advantage of the time we have"

"I agree with everything you said and that's exactly why I'm making an effort" she had come close enough to share the same air "let's see if you can make me focus only on you"

If there was one thing Nayeon couldn't say no to, it was challenges: when she fought to win something she turned into a competitive person willing to do anything to win, even arguing with passers-by on the street if necessary.

Jeongyeon's shirt was completely open, giving free access to the hands and lips of the older girl "you're driving me crazy"

The office door opened at the very best moment "some e-mails had arrived from.." Emily had stopped talking, looking at the scene in front of her with wide open: Jeongyeon was turned away from the office door and was wearing a shirt dropped over her shoulders and Nayeon, sitting across from her, was kissing her neck.

Her boss hadn't felt anything, taken as she was by the kisses of her beloved one, but the same wasn't true for the other girl, who, after glancing at Emily, had her legs tightened around Jeongyeon's waist "I'm really excited" she said, biting her lip.

"It will pass you soon, you will see" the younger pushed her lightly to make her lie down on the desk.

"I apologize for the interference, but it doesn't seem to me an activity suited to the context in which we are"

Jeongyeon immediately turned in the direction of her voice, not showing the slightest embarrassment or interest "my lawyer and I are deepening our harmony, so as to be prepared for the eventuality of a process"

"True, without certain information I just can't help my client" Nayeon's gaze was steeped in pure mischief "and my girlfriend clearly needs to relax, who better than me could satisfy her desires? I know her body by heart"

"Go Emily, we're busy. I'll check everything later, thank you for letting me know"

The blonde left slamming the door, furious that she had lost the chance to become the boss's woman despite all her efforts in the last few months. She had gone to the office to seduce her again with the intention of duping her again and the failed plan had infuriated her, to the point of wishing both of them to suffer.

Despite Emily's anger, the two girls who remained in the office, after locking the door, had given themselves to mad joy, even ending up doing it on the floor.

"I love you, you know?"

Nayeon smiled amused "it's not worth saying it immediately after having reached the maximum of pleasure, but I love you too" she took her hands off her, looking at the clock hanging on the wall "oh , it's been almost three hours" she immediately got up off the floor, picking up the clothes as quickly as possible.

Jeongyeon, on the other hand, seemed totally relaxed "come back here, we'll think about work later"

"I have to accompany Jihyo to have an ultrasound, I don't have time to laze now" she settled down as best she could, returning to her to give her a chaste kiss on the lips "get back on your feet and work at least half of what you have committed up to a little while ago. See you tomorrow" she smiled at her, leaving immediately afterwards.

"I fell for it again" she smiled amused while covering her face with her hands "you have awakened my sweet and romantic side, Im Nayeon"