Chapter three

The Reason Why

In the early afternoon Jihyo was at Momo's apartment for their date, doing her best not to point out her sudden change of mood. Unfortunately for her, the other girl wasn't stupid and she had also gotten to know her.

"You are acting strange and you are very pale, did something happen?" she was gently her cheeks "we can have lunch here, go to the room to rest and go out later, it wouldn't be a problem for me"

"Resting won't help me, I can't control my mood and the nausea just doesn't want to give me respite" she spoke in a low voice.

Momo was starting to worry "you've been weird for days, you should see a doctor"

"I went there this morning" Jihyo's hands had started shaking "I must.. I have to tell you something"

The brunette thought of all the worst illnesses she was aware of, feeling her stomach squirm with fear "are you sick? If you need money I could look for a second job and help you with everything"

Jihyo shook her head, quickly regretting it because of the increase in her nausea that followed "I'm not sick, but I already know there will be consequences and I'm very afraid"

"Just say it, we can overcome whatever it is"

"I'm pregnant"

The look of the younger made Momo laugh nervously "it can't be mine, I don't have something slightly fundamental"

"I'm not saying it's yours, I know it's impossible, I'm just telling you the truth. I'm in the sixth week and at this point I'm sure it's the man I spent the night with before moving to Seoul"

"Are you going to keep the baby?"

Jihyo looked down "I don't feel like getting rid of it as if it were nothing, I would live forever with remorse and with this weight on my shoulders. I know I can do it"

"A child is for life, every single thing of your days will take a different turn" she took her hands, seeing her tremble like that was hurting her "you have to do what you think is right, but you should also think of all the possibilities" 

"I did it before I came here and I'm sure of my choice. I'm just afraid of losing you"

Momo was no longer looking at her and her hands had loosened their grip "we have known each other for a month and, as strong as my feelings may be, I don't feel like raising a child. I like being free to do what I want and, even if it is an ignoble thing to say, a child would be an obstacle for me" she got up from the couch, turning her back to her "if you ever need help I'll be there, I promise you, but please don't hope for anything more from me. I'll be your friend, this the best I can do"

Jihyo's face was streaked with tears "I expected it and I can't blame you, I'm the one who didn't take precautions" she sniffed, getting up from the couch "I thank you for everything you did for me, I'll try to never bother you. See you at work" she went off at a brisk pace, she didn't want to be seen weak and broken.

As soon as the front door was closed Momo punched the wall, keeping her head down.

 

 

 

 

The situation at school wasn't going any better for the two sisters, who had decided not to eat in the school canteen in a desperate attempt to avoid the bullies. They sat down on a bench, eating in silence.

It was normal for Tzuyu not to speak, but seeing her sister so silent made her sad "did something bad happen?"

The older was surprised at that sudden question, since she wasn't used to receiving one from her "I'm a little bit tired, that's all" she forced a smile.

"I don't like it when you lie to me, I'm not stupid enough not to understand when something is wrong"

"I beg your pardon, it wasn't my intention to offend you" she took her hand "can I tell you a secret? You don't have to tell anyone, not even Jihyo"

The younger nodded, doing her best to prove she was trustworthy "I'll keep my mouth shut"

"Do you remember Sana? Jihyo's friend we met last night, the one who bought the pizza" she resumed talking after her sister nodded "last month, when you were still at Dad and Mom's house, I sneaked out taking advantage of Jihyo's absence and managed to get into an adult club. Our sister was there and I hid in the bathroom for a while, but a drunk girl broke into my cabin and she kissed me. That girl was Sana and I couldn't stop thinking about her all this time; I wish I could hang out with her, but she rejected me"

Tzuyu was silent for a while, absorbing the new information and making the older one feel stupid "you like old ones, I had no idea"

The water Dahyun was drinking was spat out "she's not an old woman, she's twenty-three!"

"You are seventeen so she is an old woman compared to you"

The older laughed heartily "you don't realize how funny you are, I feel much better now"

"Can I sit here with you?"

The two sisters turned abruptly, looking at the newcomer: she was a little taller than Dahyun, had long blonde hair tied in a ponytail and was smiling shyly. The jacket of her uniform was only resting on her shoulders and as a whole she looked like an angel.

They immediately made room for the new arrival, looking at her with curiosity "are you new? I've never seen you"

"You guessed it and I hope we will get along. My name is Mina" she smiled kindly at both "you are Tzuyu and Dahyun, right?"

"How do you know our names?" immediately asked the youngest of the three.

Mina offered a chocolate to both of them "rumors are running around and frankly I don't understand what they have against you. You seem to me to be two good girls"

Dahyun ate the chocolate, focusing her gaze on the toes of her shoes "you shouldn't be with us or they'll target you"

"I don't care, I'd rather be with people labeled as losers than wasting my time with cheap bullies" she smiled again, offering them another chocolate each "can I be your friend?"

"Of course you can!" Dahyun hugged her with momentum, happy to have found a friend and immediately abandoning the distrust she felt for people "Tzuyu and I are ready to consider you as a sister"

"You and Jihyo already give me a lot to think about, I'll just have her as a friend" Tzuyu murmured, making them laugh.

 

 

 

 

Sana no longer knew what to do to try to calm Jihyo, who had been crying since before she arrived at her apartment. She her hair "you are unwell and if you continue to cry you will feel worse, you have to calm down. Drink some water"

The other girl did her best to calm down, annoyed that she couldn't control herself "I'm sorry, I'm making it difficult for you"

"This isn't the problem and you know it very well, I would just like to see you calm and not in the throes of hysterics. I talked to Momo and she asked me not to leave you alone, now that I know everything I understand why you are both low on morale. If I can.. You should be happy about the pregnancy, even if the rest isn't the best"

"I am, but the negative emotions are getting the better of me and I can't control them" she sniffed "I'm tired of being left alone"

Sana hugged her, her back "you aren't alone, you have your sisters, your parents and, the icing on the cake, you have me. I will be a wonderful aunt, you will see how reliable I am"

"I have to remember not to let you babysit" she smiled, amused "I have to protect my baby from you"

"You are bad!" the redhead pouted "but you're right, I could really do some trouble"

They both turned to the front door, starting a gaze battle with Dahyun and Tzuyu. The older of the two had stopped smiling, the other was a little annoyed by the unwanted person in her apartment.

"Did something happen?" Dahyun, being used to understanding Tzuyu's emotions, immediately understood her older sister's state of mind.

"Come and sit next to me, I have to tell you something"

They listened without ever interrupting the speech, being shocked by Jihyo's revelation. Dahyun's eyes were wide open "oh , that's a big problem" she said ignoring Sana's gestures, which should have made the younger understand not to react badly.

Unfortunately for them it was too late and Jihyo was again in the throes of a fit of tears "I'm sorry, I didn't pay attention"

"Being pregnant means having a baby in your belly, right?" she looked at them all "it means that sooner or later the baby will be born, right? How disgusting" she looked horrified.

Jihyo seemed inconsolable "now I'm hungry too, I haven't eaten since this morning"

"I'll check what's in the fridge right away!" Dahyun didn't have time to reach the kitchen that her sister had specifically requested a giant pizza "we don't have pizza here.." she scratched the back of her head, looking at Sana "maybe it would be better to go get one"

The redhead nodded and got up from the couch "since we're going to buy her vitamins. Tzuyu, do you think you can manage the situation?"

"There are no problems, if she exaggerate with the screams I will just lock myself in my room and put on the earphones"

"Tzu, promise me you will take care of our sister. Please don't leave her alone" Dahyun was holding her hands "she needs your support, we will hurry"

After the due recommendations to the two remained at home, the others left, leaving them alone. Tzuyu looked at her sister with her usual impassivity "I promise to behave well, as long as that evil being never bothers me"

Jihyo smiled in tears "the baby will be a little angel, you'll see"

"Momo what does think? Will she play the role of dad?"

After that question Jihyo's tears became even more desperate and the younger gave her a light pat on her back "I'm sorry, can I do something for you?"

"Hug me" Jihyo was doing her best to wipe her face "please"

Tzuyu didn't feel like refusing her as usual and hugged her immediately, doing her best to convey her affection for her "everything will be fine, we are with you and the kid"

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Sana was making an effort not to glance at the girl sitting in the passenger seat of her car, failing miserably. Having the girl so close to her made a strange effect considering all of her fantasies about her, ual and otherwise.

Dahyun stared at her "don't you take my hand like they do in the movies?"

"We aren't girlfriends and therefore I have no reason to do so" she replied dryly, but her heart had made at least ten somersaults at that request.

"But you said you had fantasies about me, so you admitted you thought dirty things about a minor. You know, I would be fine to have with you, after that memorable kiss I have high expectations about your performance"

The redhead sighed, feeling very tired "you shouldn't talk about these things at your age"

"It's not my fault that your kiss made me go to the dark side" she shrugged, showing a bold attitude "you took my first kiss, you could make up for it by making me happy"

"I'm sorry, okay? I was drunk and when I get reduced like that I can't think properly. Besides, it's not my fault if you look older than your age"

"You're scrambling for mirrors, I know very well that you like me and that we both want the same thing. What's the point of ignoring our desires?"

Sana stopped the car in front of the pizzeria and turned to look at her "you're a little girl and what I did was unforgivable, but that doesn't give you the right to tease me like this. Stay in the car, I'll be right back" she smashed the car's door.

"How sour" murmured the brunette, lowering her gaze "why does she reject me if she likes me? Age is not a problem if there are feelings"

To pass the time she decided to text Mina, asking her to have lunch together again. The affermative answer made her smile, but what made her really happy was the photo of a chocolate bar attached to the message 'my gift for tomorrow, it's perfectly divisible by three'

"You're smiling in an eerie way" Sana, back from her tour of the pharmacy and pizzeria, had arranged everything in the back seat and was looking at her curiously.

"I don't care, a friend of mine promised to give me some chocolate every day. She promised it to Tzuyu too and that's what makes me happy" she put the phone aside, without stopping smiling.

"It's a really sweet gesture from her" Sana smiled too, but despite the cheerfulness she was showing she felt a little annoyed and jealous. She wanted to make her smile the same way and she called herself stupid for falling in love with someone after only giving her a kiss.

The thing that angered her most was the difference in their age, she didn't want to accept having such strong feelings for a little girl after only a month of their meeting. She wanted to take her hand and spend the rest of the day and night with her, but they had a mission to accomplish and it was Jihyo's thought that kept her from kidnapping Dahyun.

 

 

 

 

Working from home was much less tiring for Jeongyeon, who could sit comfortably on the bed with her laptop on her lap. Fortunately for her, having to manage one of her parents' business locations, she had the opportunity to take days off from time to time.

Despite this she always did everything possible to anticipate something so, despite the fact that the next day she would have stayed at home, she had tried her hand at what was the usual and boring office work.

After several minutes spent working her girlfriend came into the room and the baby monitor "Nana is finally asleep, she just didn't want to calm down" she freed her long hair from the huge clip and looked at Jeongyeon "do you still have a long time left? You've been there for two hours"

"I just finished" she closed the laptop and placed it carefully on the bedside table "did you give the soft toy to our daughter? Maybe that's why you didn't manage to calm her down quickly"

"It is in her chubby little hands right now, don't worry" Nayeon was leaning against the wardrobe, perfectly in front of Jeongyeon "I have to show you something, I hope you like it"

She untied the knot of the belt that kept her dressing gown closed, revealing a very provocative black underwear suit that didn't leave much room for the imagination "our anniversary is approaching and I thought I'd anticipate something, since we'll both have to work the next day and we can't be too late"

The other girl gave the impression that she hadn't even looked at her "it looks good on you, but I don't think it's the best of sleeping comfort"

"I won't wear it, the only thing I want on me is you"

"I'm sorry, but I'm really tired and I would like to sleep" she turned off the lamp she had on her bedside table "goodnight, don't be too late"

It was too short and endless at the same time before Nayeon decided to try teasing her again, straddling her girlfriend and lowering her head to kiss her on her lips.

She received a headbutt on her forehead "what's wrong with you? This time you knew very well what I wanted to do" she massaged the painful area.

"I thought I told you I'm very tired, you don't understand my language anymore?" the other answered without worrying in the least.

"You're always tired when it comes to me, that's the problem. Forget it, the urge has passed"

Jeongyeon wouldn't have flinched at what had become a routine for them if only she hadn't heard her girlfriend sobbing "are you crying?"

"What the hell do you care, huh? You've been treating me like a stranger for two years and you haven't even had the decency to tell me what the I did to you!" she suddenly got up from the bed, always with her back to her "I'm just your daughter's mother, nothing more"

"This is not true, you are very important to me and you should know"

Nayeon laughed without glee, wiping her tears with the sleeves of her dressing gown "I don't believe you anymore, it's impossible to get to this point. You don't even let me touch you and the worst thing is that you only show that you want me when you come back from a drink with your colleagues, what a lousy relationship"

"If you don't like it, you know very well where the front door is" she replied without thinking, immediately regretting it "sorry, anger and tiredness are taking over and making me say things I don't think. We are both tired and it would be better to sleep, we can talk about it tomorrow"

"Tomorrow you will pretend you have commitments just to avoid me, I've already heard this song. Goodnight" she left their room, taking refuge in Nana's room.

Jeongyeon did her best to sleep, but seeing the other side of the bed empty prevented her from doing so. She decided to check if Nana still had the blanket on, knowing how lively her baby was even in her sleep.

Her little girl was perfectly covered and she had her favorite stuffed animal in her arms, while Nayeon was asleep in the chair next to the baby's cot, her robe still open and her posture disheveled.

She touched her cheek, frightened by how cold she was, and she hurriedly picked her up "I should go back to the gym, you weigh a ton" she murmured, doing her best not to wake the girl in her arms . She placed her on their bed, making sure to cover her tightly.

The only moments in which she was able to be next to her were those in which Nayeon wasn't aware of her, touching her didn't scare her and she too was able to tell her she loved her. She took the girl in her arms, kissing her forehead "I'm so sorry, you don't deserve to feel bad because of me. I'm aware I'm wrong, but losing you would be devastating for me"

She whispered sweet words to her until her heavy eyelids forced her to fall asleep and dream of a life where her fears would never hurt the one she loved.