Chapter twelve

The Reason Why

The horrible feeling of falling into the void caused Jeongyeon to wake up with a start, leading her to sit down even before she opened her eyes. She felt dizzy and her head started throbbing ", I have to stop drinking"

She took a moment to realize where she was, and seeing her and Emily's ness, it wasn't hard for her to understand what had happened during the night. She swore under her breath as she was dressing up, hurrying to get out of that house.

She remembered nothing of the previous night, but given her condition and the mess in Emily's living room she had no problem rebuilding the whole "I really as a person, I'm incommentable"

She picked up her cell phone from the floor, paralyzing at all the missed calls and messages from Nayeon, her sister and her parents. Knowing of the commitments of the people who had brought her into the world and being afraid to call her ex, she pressed the call button next to Mina's number.

"Where were you, do you have any idea of ​​the phone calls we made? If you intend to disappear at least let us know!" she was very angry.

"I'm sorry, I've been busy and I forgot I turned off the ringer on the phone"

"Try telling Nayeon, she was desperate to say the least" the older didn't have time to cheer that her little sister demolished her house of cards "Nana was sick tonight and Nayeon needed you"

Jeongyeon immediately left Emily's house, not bothering to say goodbye, and skidded out of the parking lot after cutting off the call. She called herself stupid the whole time, hoping with all her might that Nana was okay.

Arrived in the building where her ex lived she didn't hesitate to reach the door of the apartment and ring the bell, entering after greeting Dahyun "where are they?"

"In their room, but if I were you I wouldn't go near it for now" she was worried and she looked very bad "I'm telling you to avoid a bad quarter of an hour"

The older was about to reply that she could handle the situation when Nayeon reached the living room, stopping on the spot after seeing the younger "what did you come here for?"

"How is Nana? Mina told me she had a high fever"

"She's fine, now you can leave"

The other girl ignored that sentence, slowly approaching her "I'm so sorry for not being there, I had a commitment and I never looked at my cell phone"

Nayeon looked down, clicking her tongue after seeing the lipstick-stained shirt collar "I don't care about you and what you do to spend the night"

"You sure? You look pretty angry to me"

Dahyun took a step back after seeing Nayeon's furious look, as if she feared she might become her next target, and began to pray silently.

"I'm not angry, I'm deeply pissed off and not because I'm jealous or for whatever stupid reason you can think of, but because our daughter was very sick and you weren't there. You knew very well that I am without a car at the moment and you're also aware of Nana's poor health, but apparently it's more important to you to please your stupid colleague than to look after your daughter" she pointed the finger at her as soon as she opened "I'm not done talking yet, shut up"

"Nayeon, calm down" Jihyo had reached them after hearing her friend's tone of voice, telling her sister to go to Tzuyu and Nana "talk about it calmly"

The older laughed forcefully "calmly you say? Should I stay calm after what happened? If it wasn't for Momo and Sana at this time I might not have a daughter anymore and, if you allow me, I'm pretty pissed off"

Momo put her hands on the shoulders of the pregnant girl "don't get involved, it's a situation they have to manage on their own"

"Thank you, a little understanding is always welcome" she looked back at her ex, this time with teary eyes, and spoke in a trembling voice "seriously, I don't care if you spend the night with other people or if you don't feel like it to be with the phone close at hand, but Nana needed you and you know these problems can happen very often" she sniffed, showing herself weak and fragile "I'm not asking you to be there for me, but for our little girl. I don't wanto to leave you anchored in our past and you have every right to do whatever you want, but please leave the ringtone because if I call you it's because Nana needs the both of us" 

Jeongyeon wanted to hug her, but she couldn't move. She felt guilty for indulging in the pretense of a one-night stand "I'm sorry, I won't turn off the ringer anymore and I will work hard to be a good mom to Nana" she had lowered her head "and, for what it's worth, everything I did tonight I did thinking of you and no one else"

"I didn't ask you" she had clenched her fists, even though she knew she was wanted was making it difficult for her to stay angry, suddenly feeling guilty for leaving her "now go away, please"

"I'm going to give Nana a kiss first, I promise to hurry up" she left the living room, keeping her word and leaving the apartment within minutes. As she closed the door behind her, her heart burst into pieces from Nayeon's loud cry.

 

 

 

 

Momo had just finished folding the pajamas she had worn the night before when two arms wrapped her from behind "Nayeon calmed down?"

"She's better, it's practically impossible to get depressed when Nana is around" she leaned against her after holding her tighter "are you already leaving?"

"I have to do a lot of things on behalf of my mother and I'd rather hurry" she took her hands to kiss them gently "but thank you very much for hosting me and for the long chat tonight, it was nice"

Jihyo exerted light pressure on her to turn her towards her and look into her eyes, tracing the brunette's face with her fingertips. Her hands remembered every single thing about Momo's body, but she had decided to take that moment to retrace it all.

"What are you doing?" Momo had whispered "are you trying to seduce me?"

"No, I just want to touch you to avoid forgetting even the most insignificant detail. I don't know when I'll have the chance to do it again and I'm taking advantage of it, I hope it doesn't bother you"

Acting was the only thing the brunette was able to do, finding herself locking the door after pressing Jihyo against it "no bother, but I pretend to be able to do the same" her left hand remained still on the younger's side while her right hand was making its way under the sweatpants of the latter "I hope you don't mind"

Jihyo was already out of breath "they'll hear us, you know it" she was pressing a hand to so as not to emit any compromising sound.

"If this y mommy can contain herself we will be able to do everything discreetly" she smiled mischievously, devoting much of her attention to the other girl's neck. She was working hard to get what she wanted, making sure to kiss the right spots and make the most of the hand in Jihyo's pants to make her lose control "I want to make love to you, I can't wait anymore"

"Me too, but don't call me mommy because it bothers me" she was short of breath "and in any case my face is higher, you might as well kiss me"

Momo moved away from her, taking her hands and backing towards the bed until she sat on it "come here, I'll kiss you till you drop" her gaze had changed: there was no longer any trace of the detached person and, apparently, devoid of the romantic feelings she had struggled so hard to show. Her eyes conveyed love and her careful and delicate gestures only confirmed it.

They were lost in each other, pleasing each other for a time too short for them, finding themselves embraced under the duvet, kissing each other tenderly on the lips and whispering sweet words. Jihyo wanted to continue all day and the same was true for Momo, but the knowledge that the world wouldn't stop to allow them the luxury of being locked in their room for so long convinced them to get back on their feet, behaving as if between they hadn't changed anything.

 

 

 

 

In the afternoon Mina was tidying up her room, taking her time to occupy her free time as long as possible. She was in a very bad mood: her sister's behavior had made her blood boil in her veins and she, icing on the cake, had argued heavily with Chaeyoung.

She knew she couldn't do anything about the first thing as she wasn't the one who was directly interested, but having a fight with one of the people she cared about the most because of her selfish attitude was making her suffer. She was aware that she had pulled the rope too far until it broke and Chaeyoung had every right to step away from her to avoid further suffering.

Ms. Yoo knocked on her door before opening it enough for her head to show up "honey, Dahyun is downstairs. Should I let her up?"

"Sure, she's always welcome" only hearing her say that name had lifted her spirits to the point of making her smile and hurry to finish arranging the last few books on the shelf.

The brunette closed the door behind her back "I hope I haven't disturbed you, I wanted to see you" she smiled kindly.

"You never bother, I really mean it" she motioned for her to sit where she preferred, surprised when she saw her throw herself on the bed to look at the ceiling "something wrong? You have a horrible face"

"Let's say it's been a long night, you already know about Nana"

She nodded in agreement "it was tough and my parents wanted to rush to the hospital, but luckily Nayeon always manages to handle the situation without anyone's help" she lay down next to her friend "I know there's more, do you want to talk about it with me?"

"It's over between me and Sana, we talked for a long time and she convinced me to stop hurting each other. Her feelings of guilt don't leave her alone and I don't want her to suffer from my whim, she doesn't deserve it"

"I'm so sorry" she was sincere and the other girl understood it "but I admire you a lot, you are a mature person and you aren't selfish at all"

Dahyun turned to look at her "I'm selfish as a human being, but I'd rather suffer in solitude than make someone feel bad just so as not to be alone" she had tears in her eyes "I would like to be loved by someone who doesn't mind, do you think I'm asking too much?"

"No, you're not asking too much" she came over to hug her, putting everything else aside and focusing only on that "you always tell me that you can't have everything you want, but I firmly believe that you, given your determination and your way of being, could be the exception to the rule. I admire you a lot and this probably led me to want to get closer to you, so I assure you that this charm of yours could affect anyone. You have no idea how much you're special"

"You have changed the subject, you always do" she had held her tightly, heedless of her now sore arm "but you managed to make me feel better and I thank you very much"

Mina was smiling "you have comforted me a lot of times, I still have a long way to go to repay you" they remained silent for a few minutes, both thoughtful and indecisive. They spoke at the same time, pausing to laugh "you first, I insist"

Dahyun's hand was still holding her friend's and the hold had become slightly stronger "I remembered your talk about feelings, about how they can change and mature, so I told myself to try, to try to be together with you. I care a lot about you and I know you feel the same, albeit in a slightly different way, but I realize it might seem like I want to use you to cheer me up and I wouldn't feel offended if you said no"

"Whether you do it for this reason or not it doesn't matter to me, in fact I'm happy to have let you speak first. We had the same idea, I think this is enough to make you understand that I agree to try"

"Are you okay with taking it slow?"

"Sure, I propose to stay as we are now until we feel we really want to try. Let's act as usual, the rest will come by itself" she wiped her cheeks gently "and, as your best friend, it's my duty to cheer you up in front of a good movie and a sweet snack "

Dahyun laughed after seeing Mina get out of bed and stumble on the carpet next to it "no need to run, blondie"

"I'm running all right, I want to win the best sweets!" that sentence prompted both of them to run downstairs to grab a snack, regardless of their childish behavior. Their agreement had just begun and they were intent on making each other happy, determined to chase away each other's sadness.

 

 

 

 

Nayeon had waited to take Nana to her parents' house before allowing herself to cry so as not to upset her little girl even more. The fever was gone and she was back to being a little pest full of energy, reassuring her mother and grandparents.

She felt very guilty for leaving her with them, but she needed to be alone in her room for a while to recover from the events of the past few hours: the fear of seeing her sick child and the overwhelming evidence of the end of her relationship with Jeongyeon.

Having stopped worrying about the first thing it was impossible not to think about her ex in the arms of another person "you are pathetic, you have decided to leave her and now you are acting like a little girl"

She took a handkerchief from the nightstand to blow her nose "that damn Emily should play blind fly in a street full of open manholes, that's all"

"It's one of the nastiest things I've ever heard" Jihyo was leaning against the door jamb and looking at her with obvious concern "it's not like you, you're not a bad person"

"In fact I'm a fool and fools behave just like I'm doing right now" she made room for her on the bed "I will probably feel guilty about the things I said, but now I can't think straight because I feel betrayed despite knowing very well it's all my fault. Jeongyeon doesn't want me because of my weakness"

Jihyo made herself comfortable next to her friend "your only fault is that you are too good, believe me. I'm not questioning her feelings for you because I don't know her and I have no right to do so, but if she has no intention of returning with you then she is the loser and I'm sure of this"

The older was blowing her nose to buy some time and think about what to answer. She threw the handkerchief in the basket and lay down, resting her head on the belly of the other girl "my nephew will take care of comforting me"

"I'm here too, I can be more affectionate than the brat" Tzuyu had entered the room silently "can I come?" they immediately made room in the middle, but the girl pushed Nayeon next to her sister and took her place "you're the one who needs affection"

Being hugged by those two was always exciting for Nayeon: Tzuyu wasn't a lover of physical contact, but despite this she managed to be very sweet with her, while Jihyo was her only true friend. She felt loved, and that love somehow made up for the lack of Jeongyeon's presence a little, easing the weight she had in her heart.

"I'm away for a few hours and I find you all hugging, you could have invited me" Dahyun had put a fake pout and was acting like a child "I'm deeply offended"

"Come too, we were waiting for you" Nayeon had spread her arms wide, laughing immediately after the collision of Dahyun's body against hers "I thought you were lighter, you destroyed me"

Tzuyu let out a little laugh, surprising everyone present in the room "she told you that you are too heavy, that's what happens to eat a lot of chocolate"

Even Jihyo couldn't help but laugh "be good, now we have to take care of our roommate"

"Leave them alone, I love family feuds" Nayeon was smiling amused "try not to make too much noise though or I'll get a big headache"

The younger ones of the house immediately abandoned their little war to throw themselves in the middle of the other two: Tzuyu didn't feel any bother being in Nayeon's arms and Dahyun realized in that moment how much she needed to be hugged by her older sister. Each of them had at least one reason to cry and grieve, but at that moment it only counted the affection they felt for each other.

 

 

 

 

That night Sana had drunk until she fell asleep on the couch, finding herself immersed in one of the memories she cared about the most.

"It was beautiful, so much so that it exceeded my expectations" Dahyun was smiling lovely, with a lot of flushed cheeks.

"I think the same" Sana kissed her bare shoulder, smiling amused at her reaction "you're too sensitive, I gave you an innocent kiss"

The younger was offended "it's not my fault if I'm not used to it and I would like to remind you that there is nothing innocent in the things you do and that you have done to me"

They were tight against each other, skin to skin "don't say that, you were no less" she was her back with her fingertips "sure you feel good? If I exaggerated you have to tell me"

"Never been better" Dahyun had moved even closer to kiss her on the lips "can we do it again? There are a couple of things I would like to try that I forgot to do"

"Sleep, you ert" she covered her up to her hair, smiling amused "you should be exhausted after what I did to you"

"I am a tireless person and I will prove it to you" her eyes already closed, however, proved the opposite.

Sana lost herself looking at the person she was holding in her arms, finally feeling happy "next time I will try much harder, no one should have more energy than me"