Chapter 8

Accidentally Changing The Story of a Web Drama

After Jarim and Jooyoung’s reconciliation, everything went back to normal. Kyungmi, Minji, Ahram, and Kyungwoo were at the podium staring at Jooyoung interacting with Jarim, hearing their conversation from afar. 

 

“Jarim, when do you think of me? “. Jooyoung asked. 

“When I get a text from you “. She shortly replied. 

“Then I should text you once a minute “. 

“Yeah, you’ll get blocked “. Jooyoung hummed at her response. 

“Actually, I too think of you just once a day “. He said before widely smiling. “From the time I wake up until I fall asleep, exactly once “. Jarim frowned in annoyance when he shot at her with his finger guns. 

“Yah “. Jooyoung’s smile slowly fell as he glanced at her. 

“Sorry. I’ll stop now “. 

“It was far from a done deal, but somehow they’re still dating “. Minji commented while resting her arms on the podium. 

“But it’s more like having a pet than a dating relationship “. Kyungmi sighed with her arms crossed. 

“At least when you have a pet, you nurture it. This is just a master-servant relationship “. Kyungwoo responded as he took one of Ahram’s fish breads. 

“Mm….do you think this snack will really be able to enter your mouth?! “. She then grabbed Kyungwoo’s arm and bit it. Kyungmi watched in horror when Kyungwoo screamed as he tried to get rid of her but she was stronger. 

“Yah! Let me go, let me go. Hurry and let me go! “. He exclaimed and shouted in pain when she bit harder. “Ah! Ah! You’re too much “. 

“Aigoo seriously….”. Kyungmi then went between them to stop Ahram from biting. “Ahram, stop it. He's not food! “. 

“Are you crazy, seriously! “. He cried out. 

“Oh Ahram! “. Kyungmi gently slapped Ahram’s back to stop her from biting Kyungwoo. She was so busy trying to separate them that she didn’t notice Minji going to Jooyoung. 

 

“Yah, Gong Jooyoung “. Minji called him and stopped in front of him. “Have you still not managed to take Jarim on a date? “. 

“Yeah. Because Jarim seems to not want to. What if we break up again because I keep pushing? “. 

“Aigoo~ I do feel bad for you, but you two are really something in your own separate ways. Totally frustrating “. Minji pursed her lips out. Then Kyungmin came running toward them. 

“Hey! Extra! Extra! “. He stopped in front of them before showing something on his phone. “Look at this “. Both of them looked at it and they grew surprised to see Kyungwoo and Kyungmi working as waiters at a coffee shop, with the caption: ‘Ilsam-dong cafe with a nice ambiance. A place where handsome guys and pretty girls work ‘. Jooyoung suppressed a laugh while Minji chuckled at the sight of Kyungmi in a work uniform. 

“Shall we go together this weekend? “. Kyungmin suggested. 

“Oh...not fond of that idea “. Minji tilted her head to the side. 

“Oh why? I need you to bring Jarim “. Jooyoung begged her. 

“What? You want me to help you again? “. Minji complained. 

“Please. When you date I will support you totally “. Minji sighed as she looked up at the ceiling to think. Then Kyungwoo walked out of the classroom and eyed the three of them, who were staring back at him. 

“What's up? “. Kyungwoo asked. 

“Oh? “. Kyungmin questioned. “About what? “. 

“I’m asking what are you doing? “. Kyungwoo scoffed. Then the three went separate ways. Kyungwoo looked at them in confusion and wondered what was going on. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Saturday came, with Kyungmi getting ready to go out. Today was her mother’s birthday and she had a lot of things to do. She already bought her mother a present so today she was going to buy one of her mother’s favorite cakes. Aside from that, she had to go to her part-time job, being her last week working there. Since her mother was already out having lunch with some of her friends, it was time for her to leave for work as well. She arrived at the first floor and walked out of the building when she spotted Kyungwoo waiting at the entrance of the building. She tilted her head to the side in confusion before walking toward him. 

 

“Yah, Lee Kyungwoo! “. She jogged toward him before standing in front of him. “What are you doing here? I thought you left for work by now “. 

“I was thinking we could go together “. He said. “I don’t feel like going there alone today “. 

“What the hell? “. She scoffed with a chuckle. “I think you should go first though, I have to go somewhere first “. 

“Where are you going? “. He looked at her with curiosity. 

“To my mom’s favorite bakery store “. She replied. “I have to buy her favorite cake before it gets sold out “. 

“Then I will accompany you there and we can go to work after together “. He suggested. She thought about it since her plan was to buy the cake, return home and then go to the cafe she works at, but thinking about the trips she had to do, she thought his idea was the best since she could ask the supervisor to place the cake in the refrigerator until she finishes work. 

“Sounds good “. She nodded in agreement. “Alright, let’s go “. She said, missing the smile of victory on his face as they walked toward the bus stop. An hour later, Kyungmi and Kyungwoo arrived at their workplace after passing by to buy a cake for Kyungmi’s mother’s birthday and they entered to greet their superior. 

“We are here “. Kyungwoo greeted him. Kyungmi bowed at him as well. 

“What? You guys are early “. Their superior commented. 

“We had some free time “. Kyungmi explained. “Ah “. She then lifted her cake box. “Will it be okay if I leave this in the kitchen refrigerator? “. 

“Sure, no problem “. Their superior nodded in affirmation. Kyungmi smiled and thanked him before facing Kyungwoo. 

“You go first, I will leave this meanwhile “. Kyungwoo nodded as she headed toward the kitchen and then looked at his superior. “I’ll go and change “. 

“Okay “. It took him five minutes to change his outfit, with Kyungwoo wearing a simple white shirt and black pants. A few minutes after him, Kyungmi came out wearing a white blouse, a black vest, a black bowtie, and a black pencil skirt, with her hair tied into a bun. They walked toward the counter where their superior was and he looked at them, scanning their outfits. “Hey “. He said to Kyungwoo. “You need to wear a bowtie “. He then looked at Kyungmi. “You should take her as a reference “. 

“If I button up the shirt tightly, my neck will bruise. The customers wouldn’t like to see that “. Kyungwoo explained while Kyungmi shook her head at his excuse. 

“Jeez “. Their superior just smiled. Then the bell rang, indicating that there were customers at table number 2. “There’s a call from room 2 so go there first “. 

“Yes “. Kyungwoo replied as he took some menu cards and walked toward there. 

“Meanwhile, Kyungmi, you can go set table number 6 with napkins “. 

“Yes, sir “. She saluted as she went to get work done. Kyungwoo arrived at the table, entering in as he moved the curtains away. 

“Is there anything I can….”. He began speaking when he froze after seeing his friends and the girls waving at him with mischievous smiles on their faces. Then Kyungwoo took a step back and a round of laughs could be heard from that room. Kyungmi just finished setting the table and looked up to see Kyungwoo not entering the room. She grew puzzled when he looked at her with a blank expression. 

“Why? “. She mouthed. 

“We are doomed “. He mouthed back as he motioned her to come. Tilting her head to the side, she followed when he stepped into the room. 

“Is there a problem? “. She asked him but grew shocked when she saw their friends at the table. 

“Kyungmi, hi “. Kyungmin waved at her with the rest of the group just smiling at them. 

“What’s with you, guys? “. Kyungwoo sighed as he rested a hand over his hip. “How did you know we work here? “. 

“Oh? “. Byunghoon clasped his hands together. “We are guests. Why are you not speaking politely? “. Kyungmi exhaled through her nose as she crossed her arms. “I think we should call the boss. Boss! “. Then he received a hit on his head with the menu card from Kyungwoo. 

“I heard the concept here was handsome guys and pretty girls, but there’s no handsome guy and the service is so poor “. Ahram exaggeratedly sighed with a pout. 

“Aren’t you going to order? If you’re going to fool around, please get lost, dear customers “. Kyungwoo retorted in a polite way. 

“We’ll order though “. Kyungmin spoke as he reached for the menu card. Kyungmi took it from Kyungwoo and passed it to their friend. “I will get rosé pasta. Please use hand-made noodles and keep them separate from the sauce. I like to dip “. Kyungmi scoffed at his description while crossing her arms. She was at the edge of strangling him. 

“For the cream in cream pasta, is it whipping cream**? “. Jooyoung questioned. **The pronunciation of whipping scream is the same as alive. 

“Yes “. Kyungmi replied with a blank expression. 

“You are cruel. Please give me a cream that’s already dead “. He joked and everyone laughed. Kyungmi closed her eyes as she rubbed her forehead with her fingers. 

“For me, give me water as clear as Italy’s Lake Como in which you put ice colder than an Icelandic glacier, into a minimalist cup of Swedish sensitivity. I want to admire the dew that forms like jewels on the smooth surface of the cup “. Minji described. Kyungmi chuckled as she shook her head. “As expected from Minji “. 

“Iced water? “. Kyungwoo concluded. 

“Yes “. Minji nodded in confirmation. 

“Do you bring the Hawaiian pizza directly from Hawaii? “. Byunghoon asked as he imitated the voice of an actor from a movie called ‘Friend’ and said the famous line. “You can leave for Hawaii, then “. And then laughed. 

“If you want a pizza from Hawaii, you have to pay us the flight ticket, dear customer “. Kyungmi played along, earning a laugh from Kyungwoo. 

“Boss, could you make some seafood-ri zotto for me? “. Ahram spoke with a high tone. 

“It’s seafood risotto “. Kyungwoo corrected her. 

“Yes. With a lot of zotto, please “. Then Kyungwoo slammed his note and pen to the table. 

“Dear customers. Could you just order what’s written on the menu? “. Kyungwoo begged with sarcasm. 

“We would be very pleased if you could cooperate with us “. Kyungmi forced a smile as her gaze was signaling a warning toward them. 

“We’ll let you know once we’ve decided. You guys just go for now “. Jarim said. Kyungmi smiled with gratitude at her before sending a glare to her friends and leaving along with Kyungwoo. She sighed as she rubbed the back of her neck. 

“God….I was about to faint there. My pressure was getting higher after each description “. Kyungmi sighed, already feeling tired. 

“Don’t pay attention to them “. Kyungwoo told her as he patted her shoulder. She sighed as she looked at him.

“I will go serve table number 4, you go to table 1 “. 

“Okay “. He nodded as he left first. Kyungmi closed her eyes, wondering how she forgot that day would be the day the group will come to tease Kyungwoo...well more like to tease the both of them. “I’m forgetting about something though...what was it? “. Then she heard the bell, seeing the number 4, and headed there, forgetting what she was trying to remember. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Kyungmi thought there would be peace for at least a few minutes. She was wrong the moment when she heard the bell, revealing the number 2. 

“It’s room 2 “. Their superior said. Kyungmi and Kyungwoo looked at each other, waiting for one of them to go there. 

“You go “. Kyungmi said as she entered the kitchen. Kyungwoo heavily exhaled as he made his way to table 2 with heavy steps. 

“What? “. Kyungwoo asked with a blank expression. Ahram drank some water and sighed at the refreshment. 

“Some water please “. She cutely asked. Kyungwoo looked at her dumbfounded before leaving to get the water. 

When Kyungwoo came back to the counter, the bell rang again. He looked up and cursed under his breath when he saw the number two. 

“This time, you go “. He told Kyungmi as he took a menu card to attend another table. Kyungmi sighed as she scratched the top of her head before heading back to table 2. 

“Yeah? “. She sighed. 

“Some tissues please “. Minji cutely asked as she held out her hands. Kyungmi rolled her eyes and left to get tissues as she could hear their laughs. When she came back to the counter, she closed her eyes when she heard the bell, not wanting to look at the number, already knowing it was number two. Then she spotted Kyungwoo coming back and immediately took his note and then pushed him toward the way to table 2. 

“Yah, what are you doing? “. He looked at her with panic. 

“I will do your part, you go “. She said as she went to the kitchen to give them the orders. Kyungwoo ruffled his hair in annoyance before heading toward table 2. 

“What is it? “. He responded with annoyance. 

“The air conditioner is too cold. Please hug me “. Kyungmin joked as he embraced himself before brushing his hair behind his ear. “Warmly “. Kyungwoo nodded in understanding before leaving to get a blanket, only to come back to throw it at Byunghoon, originally aiming it at Kyungmin.

“Order everything at once, damn it “. He exhaled before leaving. He came to the counter to find their superior talking to Kyungmi with an expression of tiredness and seriousness. He approached them and leaned his arms forward before resting them on the counter. 

“Kyungwoo-ah “. Their superior called. “Please tell your friends to stop playing around with the bell “. 

“Yes….”. He responded, defeated. 

“And there are other customers around, so speak politely to them “. Kyungwoo nodded in understanding but then the bell rang again and the three looked up to see the number 2. Kyungwoo closed his eyes before eyeing Kyungmi who just rolled her eyes and nodded. 

“I get it “. She said as she left to go to table 2. She arrived and rested her hands over her hips. 

“Why did you call again, customers? “. She asked through her gritted teeth. 

“Oh! I pressed the bell by mistake. Sorry! “. Minji cutely responded as the rest of the group laughed at her antics. Kyungmi closed her eyes and suddenly felt a migraine coming. She rubbed her temple with her finger as she abruptly slammed her hand over the table to steady herself from falling. They were startled at the sight and suddenly got worried. 

“Kyung~ are you okay? “. Ahram asked with worry as she suddenly felt bad. 

“I’m fine “. Kyungmi assured her as she took a deep breath and bent her upper body forward, thinking by doing that, her dizziness will be gone right away. 

“What's going on? “. Kyungwoo suddenly came and grabbed Kyungmi’s arms from behind. “Yah, are you okay? “. He asked her while staring at her with concern. Minji saw that and somehow, she felt kind of jealous by the scene. 

“I’m fine, just a little bit dizzy “. She assured him as she wiped the sweat from her forehead away. Kyungwoo sighed as he glared at his friends. 

“That’s why I told you to stop playing around “. 

“Yah, we were just trying to have fun “. Kyungmin defended as he couldn’t meet her eyes, feeling bad that she overdid it because of them. Kyungwoo cursed under his breath before looking at Kyungmi again. 

“Come on, you need to rest “. He suggested as he guided her out of the room and led her to the staff room. He helped her sit on the chair as she leaned her head against the wall while closing her eyes. She took deep breaths as she felt her head feeling lighter than usual and she kind of felt nauseous because of the feeling of spinning inside of her head. Kyungwoo bent down to her level as he grabbed her wrist to catch her attention. “Yah, do you think you can keep working? “. She then opened her eyes and gave him a smile of assurance. 

“Yeah, don’t worry “. She assured him. “You should go now or our superior will scold us “. She told him. “I will be fine if I rest for a few minutes here “. 

“Do you feel pain anywhere? What should I get you? “. He asked. 

“I’m fine, really “. She patted the grip of his hand on her wrist. Kyungwoo sighed as he looked down while feeling concerned about her health. Ever since he heard that she was involved in an accident, he unconsciously was getting overprotective toward her. “Go now, you have to prepare the event for a customer, remember? “. 

“Then rest here for ten minutes and come back to work later. I will tell our supervisor about your absence “. He ordered her before leaving her. Kyungmi sighed as she massaged the back of her neck. “The symptoms are getting worse than I thought “. She slowly stood up and went to her locker to get some painkillers, she took them and drank water to swallow them. “This should at least ease the dizziness….”. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Meanwhile, Byunghoon came out of the bathroom wondering why no one had ever said anything about today being his birthday. Since the moment he arrived at the cafe, he has been waiting for an event for his birthday and thinking that his friends were just pretending to not know about it so they would hold a surprise party. But until now, nothing happened. 

“Don’t tell me they really forgot my birthday? “. Byunghoon wondered while shaking his hands to dry them from washing them. He halted short when he saw Kyungwoo fixing the cake and bouquet of roses from a cart. Then he misunderstood this as a surprise event for him when it’s from the request of a customer. He finished as he rested his hands on his hips and scoffed. 

“Do people like this kind of stuff? “. Then he walked away. Byunghoon dramatically bit his fist as he was deeply moved.

Of course, I love it! “. He thought as he took the cart with him and arrived at the room, where his friends were looking at him with confusion. 

“Guys! Thank you so much “. Byunghoon started saying. “I really thought you guys forgot about my birthday “. Then Kyungmin, Ahram, and Minji began looking at their phones to check the date because they really forgot that today was his birthday. 

“Of course not! “. Kyungmin nervously chuckled. “That’s impossible when we are so close! How can we forget your birthday? “. Then he looked at Minji and mouthed. “Did you prepare this? “. Minji slightly shook her head as she also laughed. 

“Of course! We’re all gathered here for Byunghoon “. Then she eyed Ahram. “Right? “. 

“Right! That’s right! “. Ahram forced a smile as she said it with gritted teeth. “But, did you prepare this yourself? “. Ahram pointed at the cake while laughing. 

“Well, I just brought it in“. Byunghoon simply said. Ahram simply laughed as she clapped along with the rest. 

“Happy birthday! Congrats! “. Byunghoon happily made a V sign with his fingers and laughed with happiness. Then they started singing the happy birthday song and cheered for Byunghoon as he blew the candles when there weren't actually candles. 

“And the candles? “. He questioned in confusion. 

“Don’t we have candles? “. Ahram asked at Kyungmin. 

“No candles? “. Kyungmin questioned Minji. 

“No candles? “. Then Minji asked at Byunghoon. 

“No candles? “. He then asked Kyungmin. “If there’s none, let’s just eat it “. He motioned everyone to eat it. 

 

Kyungmi stretched her arms as she walked out of the staff room and encountered Kyungwoo, who was waiting at the front of the door to attend to upcoming customers. He saw her and approached her. 

 

“Do you feel better now? “. He asked. 

“Yeah, I took painkillers and took a rest so I’m fine now “. She assured him. 

“That’s a relief “. He said with sincerity. “Ah, I forgot to ask you. Do you have anything to do next Monday? “. 

“Next Monday? “. She looked at him with curiosity. “Why? “. 

“Ah~ To invite you to go with us to the valley “. He replied. “Ah~ right….there will be a moment where the crew will go to Byunghoon’s grandparents’ house “. “Last year, the boys and I went to Byunghoon’s grandpa’s house and he told us to come this year as well. He said that the more friends we bring, the better “. 

“Sounds fun though “. She nodded in knowledge. “I always wanted to go to the countryside “. She then smiled at him. “Count me on that “. 

“Really? “. He looked at her with amusement as he chuckled. “I thought you would say no because there will be lots of bugs “. 

“Ah~ that doesn’t bother me “. She said as she shook her hand to the sides, making him laugh at how easy-going and simple she was. 

“Cool then “. He nodded in knowledge. Then they heard the bell, and saw the number 2. “Let’s go together and see what they want. If they are fooling us, let’s just kick them out right away “. 

“Okay “. He nodded and both of them headed toward table 2. “Why are you calling again? “. He asked as he froze when he saw the table is a mess with the cake from the customer already gone and some petals of roses on the table. Kyungmi eyed with curiosity until she gasped after seeing the scene. “Oh my God….now I remember! This is for a customer but Byunghoon mistook it for him for his birthday! How could I miss this?! “. 

“Oh guys! Come here and eat some cake! “. Byunghoon motioned them to come. Kyungmi was the first one to react as she slowly walked toward the table while pointing at the cake. 

“Yah. By any chance, this cake is….”. She hoped it wasn’t from the upcoming event that was coming. 

“Yes. Thank you “. Byunghoon told her. “You worked hard to secretly prepare for my birthday “. Kyungmi rolled her eyes and faced palm herself. 

“By the way, Kyungmi are you alright? “. Kyungmin asked as he bit the tip of his fork. “We apologize for pranking on you so hard “. She sighed as she slightly glared at them with her hands over her hips. 

“Is that really important right now? “. She asked while eyeing each of them. “What are you going to do about this? “. 

“Yeah you crazy morons! Why would you eat it?! “. Kyungwoo shouted. 

“Huh? You didn’t prepare this for my birthday party? I just brought it in, that’s all “. Byunghoon blinked with confusion. 

“Didn’t you guys prepare it yourselves? “. Minji asked as she pointed at the cake with her fork. 

“This was left here by a customer for a surprise event “. Kyungmi explained and everyone stopped eating. 

“What are we going to do now? “. Kyungmin smiled a little out of embarrassment and guilt. 

“Right. Then that means no one knew about my birthday in the end “. Byunghoon pouted in sadness. 

“But still, you had a birthday party “. Minji added and Byunghoon awkwardly smiled. 

“I’m sorry about that, but what are you going to do about this? “. Kyungwoo asked as he pointed at the mess they left. 

“What do you think? It’s not going to fix itself while we whine about it “. Ahram said. “What time is the event? “. Kyungwoo checked the time on his phone before rolling his eyes. 

“There is less than an hour left “. He said as he rested his hands over the table. Kyungmi looked up at the ceiling to think of a solution. Then her face lightened up as she rested a hand over Kyungwoo’s shoulder. 

“There might be a solution “. She said. 

“What do you mean? “. He turned to her. “Do you have a plan? “. “Well...this is actually Jooyoung’s plan, but I have no time to call him to come over. I’m sorry Jooyoung. I will use your idea “. She then looked at him. 

“I can write the card in a pretty way. As for the bouquet of roses, we can make them on paper “. Then she turned to Kyungmin and Byunghoon. “You guys made paper roses for Rose Day right? “. They nodded at her words. “Then you must be experts at folding them, right? “. 

“Well, I could do it with my eyes closed now “. Kyungmin chuckled a little. 

“Yeah…”. Byunghoon nodded in agreement. 

“What about the cake? “. Kyungwoo asked her. She bit her bottom lip as she glanced at him. His face fell as he knew the answer.  “No way….”. 

“You know there’s no other option now and we are running out of time “. She told him. “I can always go back to the bakery store and get a new one “. 

“But it’s for your mom…”. He reasoned with her. 

“It’s okay….”. She forced a smile. “This is important, Kyungwoo. If we do nothing, the complaints will go to the cafe and we will be in trouble “. She said as he looked away, not liking the idea. Kyungmi then turned to the girls. “Ahram, I heard you make delicious drinks. Can you make some beverages, right? “. 

“No problem, leave it to me “. She nodded at her. 

“Good “. She clasped her hands. “Let’s start working “. She said as she motioned the crew to come with her to start working. Kyungwoo stayed behind as he took out his phone and texted Jooyoung. 

 

L.K: Yah, come as fast as you can. Before you come, go to a bakery to get a cake. Anything that goes well for a birthday 

 

Then he put his phone to the side and went out to join the rest. 


 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

It took them at least 30 minutes to finish everything and the cart for the event looked better than they thought it would. Kyungmi finished the last detail by placing her mother’s cake on the fancy tray and sadly smiled. “This was mom’s favorite cake...nothing that can be done “. She sighed as she turned to her friends and clapped them. 

“Good work, everyone “. She said. 

“We are sorry “. Minji apologized to her. “We made you have a hard time and for ruining the event...and for you to give your mom’s cake…”. 

“It’s alright “. Kyungmi assured her. “No harm done “. Then she looked at Kyungwoo. “I have to leave now before the bakery stores close. Can you tell our supervisor that I had to leave for personal matters? “. 

“Don’t worry and go “. He nodded. 

“Thanks “. She thanked him before bidding goodbye to everyone as she went to the staff room to get changed and left the cafe to find another cake for her mother. 

 

Minutes later after Kyungmi left, Jooyoung and Jarim arrived at the cafe while he was holding a box of cake. 

 

“What happened? “. Jarim asked. 

“It was a complete mess “. Kyungwoo sighed as he slightly glared at the culprits, who were avoiding his gaze. Jooyoung placed the box on the counter before taking the cheesecake out. 

“We looked through a few places….but there was only this left ”. “Then that means she won’t find any cake “. Kyungwoo thought. 

“It’s too simple “. 

“Why is this cake for though? “. Jarim asked. 

“We accidentally ate the cake of a customer who requested it for an event, and Kyungmi gave the cake that was meant for her mother’s birthday instead….”. Ahram explained as she felt guilty toward Kyungmi. 

“In conclusion, it was Byunghoon’s fault “. Kyungmin replied. 

“How can you say that to the birthday boy? “. Byunghoon cried out in annoyance. 

“Does that really matter? “. Kyungwoo eyed him with slight anger. “Because of you, Kyungmi’s mother was left without a cake “. There was a cold silence since no one could refute him because he was right. Jooyoung thought of an idea and his bubble light lightened up. 

“Kyungwoo-ah. There are various types of whipping cream in the kitchen, right? “. 

“Yeah “. He nodded. “Why? “. 

“Alright, leave it to me “. Jooyoung smiled as he headed to the kitchen. 

 

Meanwhile, Kyungmi looked for at least three bakery stores around and none of them had a single cake. She was running out of time since she had to go home and be there for dinner. “Should I buy an ice cream cake at Baskin Robbins? “. Kyungmi sighed as she decided to go for her last option. Just when she was about to enter the local area, she received a phone call. It was Kyungwoo. 

“Oh “. She responded. 

“Did you buy a cake? “. He asked. 

“I didn’t “. She sighed. “I went to three stores but all of them were out of stock. I’m about to enter Baskin Robbins to get an ice cream cake “. 

“Are you somewhere near the cafe? “. 

“I’m like ten minutes away from it. Why? “. She frowned. 

“Come back here. We want to give you something “. With that, he hung up. 

“Wait, Kyungwoo. Hello? “. She stared at the screen and wondered what the crew wanted to give her. Turning her feet around, she jogged on her way back to the cafe again. She arrived there and took a deep breath from running and stepped in. Then she halted when she saw everyone smiling at her as Jooyoung was handing her a beautiful cheesecake decorated with petals of roses and some whipping cream on the top. “Guys, what’s this? “. 

“It’s for your mother “. Jooyoung said as he put the cake in the box and handed it to her with care. Kyungmi was so dazed that she couldn’t speak. 

“We heard you couldn’t get a cake, so Jooyoung had the idea to decorate the cake he brought and give it to your mother “. Minji explained. 

“We also feel bad that you had to go through a hard time because of us. We are sorry “. Kyungmin replied with guilt. 

“I….I don’t know what to say “. Kyungmi mumbled as she was deeply moved by their intentions. Kyungwoo approached her with a smile and rested his hands over her shoulders. 

“Give the thanks later and go to your mom. She must be waiting “. Kyungmi giggled as she nodded and turned around to leave when she faced Byunghoon and smiled. 

“Happy birthday by the way “. With that, she left. 

 

It took her more than 30 minutes to arrive home and she welcomed her mother with the cake her friends made and the present, which was in the end a perfume she bought online. 

 

“When did you prepare all of this? “. Her mother gasped at the sight of the cake on the kitchen counter while they were eating their dinner. Kyungmi just giggled and continued eating. 

“I wanted to give you the best since I’m grateful for all the things you gave to me “. 

“Kyungmi-ah….”. 

“Don’t get too surprised now, because I’m going to celebrate your birthday like this every year “. 

“Aigoo~ when did my baby grow up so fast? “. Her mother pouted as she caressed her daughter’s head. “I don’t want anything other than you being happy. With that, I’m satisfied “. Kyungmi smiled at her and nodded in understanding. 

“Should we try the cake? “. Kyungmi suggested. And that’s how she spent her mother’s party for the first time in her life and she felt proud that she was changing for good and she wanted to be a daughter that her mother would be proud about.