Chapter 18

Accidentally Changing The Story of a Web Drama

Kyungmi was sitting down on her vanity while fixing her hair. Today will be the day she will return to school after the post was published. She felt nervous to face people who will judge her, but she reminded herself that Jarim would be by her side every time to make sure she was okay. She got up and grabbed her backpack before walking out of her bedroom. At the front of the entrance, she saw her mother waiting for her with concern written in her eyes, causing her to exhale with guilt for making her worried. Kyungmi walked toward her as she called her mother, who looked up with surprise. Her mother embraced her in a tight and warm hug, which Kyungmi gladly accepted before they separated from each other. 

 

“Are you sure you want to go to school? “. Her mother asked as she caressed her daughter’s face. “If you want, I can call the school and say that you don’t feel- “. 

“No “. Kyungmi shook her head with a smile. “I’m fine now. I want to go to school “. She replied. “I will be okay, I promise “. 

“Alright “. Her mother sighed with defeat. “Have a good day, okay? “. Kyungmi nodded in understanding and hugged her mother one last time before walking out of the apartment after slipping on her shoes when she was surprised to find Jarim already outside of her apartment. 

“Jarim-ah “. Kyungmi exhaled in relief after having that little jump of surprise.” What are you doing here? I thought we would meet at the entrance “. 

“I thought it would be better if I waited for you here, just in case “. She replied as she smiled at her. “Come on, Jooyoung is waiting for us “. She said as she linked arms with Kyungmi. Kyungmi softened in gratitude for her effort to protect her and nodded in agreement before the both of them headed toward the elevators and went to the first floor. They made their way to Jooyoung’s house when Kyungmi spotted Kyungwoo there too. 

“What is Lee Kyungwoo doing here? “. Kyungmi asked with panic. 

“I don’t know. He didn’t mention about coming here “. Jarim replied before squeezing her arm in assurance. “You know you can’t hide this fact from him forever, right? “. 

“It’s just….I'm not ready to talk to him about it….”. Now she felt small all of sudden. 

“Don’t worry. I will make sure he doesn’t ask you questions for now “. Kyungmi sighed as she nodded in understanding as they arrived at the front of Jooyoung’s studio. 

“Sweetie~ “. Jooyoung sang and his eyes sparkled in welcome when he saw Kyungmi was with his girlfriend too. “Oh! Kyungmi hi! “. 

“Oh ...hi “. Kyngmi forced a smile as she lifted her palm to greet him. 

“What are you doing here? I thought you were going to walk to school with Yeseul “. Jarim asked Kyungwoo. 

“Ah, I decided to walk with you guys for today “. Kyungwoo replied to her but with his eyes fixed on Kyungmi, who was avoiding it at all cost. Jarim hummed in understanding before saying. 

“Then let’s get going. We will be late for school. Come on, Kyungmi “. She said before pulling Kyungmi along and the four of them walked toward the bus stop. 


vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

The four of them arrived at school and made their way to their classroom through the hallway. Kyungmi gulped down with nervousness as she glanced around at the people. As expected, they were staring at her with suspicion as they were gossiping behind her back. She slowly inhaled to calm her anxious heart down and tried to be optimistic. She looked to her right to see Jarim linking arms with her to ease her nervousness. 

 

“It's alright. I’m here “. 

“Oh...thanks “. Kyungmi smiled at her with gratitude. They arrived at the classroom and soon they were surrounded by Ahram, Minji, and Jinhee. 

“Kyungmi-ah! “. The three of them exclaimed as Ahram was the first one to come to Kyungmi and hugged her. 

“Where were you?! You got us all worried! “. She whined as she teared up, upset by the fact her friend went missing for a few days. Kyungmi stood frozen for a moment before letting out a chuckle and patting Ahram’s back in comfort. 

“Aigoo~ I made sin by making our Ah Rong cry. I was bad “. She teased as she pulled her friend away. “I’m fine so don’t cry, okay? “. Ahram hummed with a nod as Kyungmi wiped her tears away for her. 

“Are you okay now? “. Minji asked with concern written in her eyes. “You got even skinnier…..”. 

“I’m fine now “. Kyungmi nodded at her with assurance. “I decided to not hide for something I didn’t do “. 

“Then, that means the things that are said on the post aren’t true? “. Jinhee eyed her with curiosity. Kyungmi glanced around and it seems everyone inside was curious about her response to that question. She exhaled through her nose before flashing a smile at Jinhee. 

“No...they aren’t “. She confirmed it while shaking her head.

“I knew it wasn’t “. Jinhee crossed her arms with a slight smirk. “There’s no way you would have done that “. 

“Then do you know who posted that? “. Minji asked, but Kyungmi’s smile weakened, and shook her head. 

“Not yet….but I will find out soon “. She promised. “Aside from that….would you give me some of your time? “. She asked as she looked at her friends. “There is something important I need to tell you “. The girls looked at her with confusion, but they agreed anyway. Everyone gathered at the resting area, as Kyungmi started explaining about how she had her accident caused by Kim Hyukjae, about her dating Jo Seungmin and being in an abusive relationship with him, and how Kim Hyukjae has been stalking her until now. As she continued telling them the story, everyone looked at her with sympathy and pity while Jarim sat next to her and comforted her by rubbing her friend’s back. 

“That’s why I couldn’t tell you anything….I was embarrassed for what happened in the past and felt guilty for meddling with that jerk “. Kyungmi finished with a sigh. 

“Ha….Now I’m hating that jerk even more “. Ahram exhaled with rage as she looked up at the sky to calm down. “You should report him “. 

“With what proof? “. Kyungmin questioned. “Without evidence, there’s no way he can go to the correctional “.

“Actually…..I do have proof “. Kyungmi stated and everyone looked at her. “Somehow, I found my old phone, which was hidden deep inside of my closet, and luckily I found pictures and voice recordings about the moments of abuse I suffered “. She replied. “If I give that to the police, I’m sure he will receive a restraining order. The only problem is Kim Hyukjae….”. Kyungmi sighed with tiredness as she rubbed her forehead. “There isn't much proof aside from the text messages, and I don’t have any proof that he caused the accident “. 

“What should we do? “. Minji pouted after hearing that. 

“Don’t worry, we will think of something “. Jarim said as she looked at Kyungmi with a smile of assurance. “Let’s think about it slowly “. Kyungmi softened and nodded in agreement. The latter then looked up and her eyes landed on a distressed Kyungwoo, who was looking away while frowning. She wondered if he was mad at her for what happened. 

“Guys….could you give me and Kyungwoo a moment? I would like to talk to him in private “. Kyungmi pleaded. 

“Sure “. The girls nodded at her as she motioned the rest of the guys to leave with them. Kyungmi smiled with gratitude at them before looking at Kyungwoo, who still avoided her gaze. She stood up from the bench and walked toward him while playing with her fingers. 

“Shocking….isn’t it? “. She lightly chuckled to enlighten the tension between them. “Sorry for not telling you this sooner….but I didn’t want to worry you- “. 

“Are we even friends? “. Kyungwoo abruptly cut her off. 

“...huh? “. She blinked a few times before replying. “Of course, we are “. 

“But you didn’t reach toward me first? “. He turned to her with anger visible on his face. “You should have said something before! Do you know how I felt when that post was posted? I was worried sick that you would begin having bad thoughts! “. Kyungmi’s lips twitched in annoyance as she unexpectedly exploded as well. 

“Then you expected me to tell you all of these? Of how shameless I was for dating your enemy back then?! “. Kyungwoo closed his eyes as he sighed while trying to calm down. 

“You know it’s not your fault for dating Jo Seungmin “. 

“Yes, it is! “. She cried out as she began to tear up. “I didn’t even know how much you were in pain because of him….I believed his lies and I even badmouthed Nam Yuri because of him….”. She closed her eyes as tears began to fall. “You don’t know how embarrassed I feel right now by standing in front of you….I can’t even properly face you….”. She whimpered as she covered her face with both of her hands. Kyungwoo slightly frowned as his heart ached at the scene in front of him. It was the first time Kyungmi ever cried in front of him, and somehow, he could feel her pain, and he didn’t like that. “I don’t deserve to be your friend…..”. She mumbled between sobs. “So, it would be better if we keep our distance- “. Kyungwoo cut her off by pulling her into a tight hug. 

“Don’t even dare say that “. He murmured as he rubbed her back for comfort. “What happened to me and Yuri wasn’t your fault “. He began. “It wasn’t your fault that you fell in love with that jerk. What you went through….that’s also not your fault. So...stop blaming yourself for everything and don’t even say that you don’t deserve to be my friend, because you do….”. He whispered as rested his chin at the crown of her head. Kyungmi bit her lips as she closed her eyes tightly as her body shook from the crying. “Whatever people say, you are my friend no matter what, so please….don’t stay away from me “. He replied with a slight crack on his voice. “Rely on me if you are having a hard time. You can also use my shoulder if you want to cry. If you want to yell, hit something, or let out your anger, release that on me, but please….promise me you won’t cut out our friendship because of your past….. I won’t tolerate that ”. With that, Kyungmi broke down louder than before, letting out all the emotions she’s been suppressing until now. Kyungwoo’s face crumbled in pain after hearing her crying he tightened the hug while comforting her with encouraging words as a single tear dropped from his eyes. Kyungmi felt thankful that Kyungwoo was the one who stopped her from distancing herself from him. Because if she really kept her distance from him, she would feel miserable every single day and keep regretting her decision. “I promise I won’t….thank you for believing in me….”. Kyungmi thought as she finally accepted his hug by embracing her arms around him. 


 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

For the rest of the day, Kyungmi couldn’t focus on her classes as she kept getting DM’s from strangers slashing at her. She sighed for the nth time when she felt her phone vibrating and she decided to turn her phone off. She exhaled with relief when the bell rang and the teacher left. Kyungwoo saw the frustration in her face and he decided to enlighten her mood. 

 

“Yah “. He called her as he tapped her shoulder to catch her attention. “Let’s go to the snack bar. I will buy you something “. 

“No, it’s fine “. She shook her head with a small smile. “I’m not hungry “. 

“Still….you need some sugar after crying out like that “. He tried to joke to cheer her up. At that, Kyungmi chuckled and nodded in agreement. 

“Sure “. She replied as she stood up. 

“I want to join! “. Ahram beamed as she linked arms with her. 

“Yah, stay out of it. I only have enough money for me and Kyungmi “. Kyungwoo retorted. 

“What a cheapskate person “. Ahram clucked her tongue. “Forget it! I was about to buy something for Kyungmi too anyway “. She scoffed as she tightened the grip around Kyungmi’s arm. “Let’s go, Kyungmi! “. She exclaimed as she dragged her friend away from Kyungwoo. 

“Yah! Let's go together! “. Kyungwoo exhaled as he followed them. 

 

The three of them arrived at the snack bar and they began selecting the snacks they were about to buy. Kyungmi was looking at the beverages section when some voices and their conversation caught her attention. 

 

“Yah, I heard the girl from Class 1-3 came back “. A male voice said. “Choi Kyungmi was it? “. 

“Really? Wow….she’s really something “. Another male voice replied. “If I was her, I wouldn’t have come from embarrassment “. He chuckled. “I mean, with the looks of her, how can she do those things? Isn’t she embarrassed? “. Kyungmi softly exhaled through her nose as she closed the door of the fridge as continued listening to the conversation. At the same time, Kyungwoo and Ahram were listening to the guys’ conversation as well and they set their flaring glares at them. 

“I know, right? I knew from that moment when I first saw her that she will be a two-faced b*tch “. The other guy laughed. “I mean, it’s clearly visible her personality will be a fiasco “. 

“Ha….and I really liked her. Well, the only good things she has are her face and body, don’t you think? “. 

“Agreed “. Both of them laughed as Ahram was boiling from anger. 

“Those jerks, really….”. Ahram was about to yell at them when Kyungmi interfered. 

“Yah “. Kyungmi calmly called the guys, earning their attention. She crossed her arms as she slowly walked toward them, scanning their reactions of slight panic. “Did you guys see me do all those things? “. 

“H-Huh? “. The first guy asked with slight nervousness. 

“I asked if you saw me doing all the things from the post. Do you have evidence that I did them? “. The guys looked at each other with uneasiness as Kyungmi hummed at the sight. “Why are you guys so quiet? You can’t say anything because I’m here? You were so into it a moment ago “. The second guy cleared his throat before setting his eyes firmly on her before replying. 

“We do have proof though “. He said as he took out his phone and began showing her the photos from the post. “See? It’s true that you are a man-eater since you are after your friend, who has a girlfriend. If it’s not, then give us an explanation “. 

“That er, seriously…..”. Kyungwoo muttered as he stepped next to Kyungmi to intervene when Kyungmi raised her hand to stop him. 

“Do I have to give you guys an explanation of me enjoying my time with my friend? “. She scoffed in disbelief. “Why? I don’t have anything to prove to you “. 

“You should! “. The first guy smirked with confidence. “Because all of these prove exactly what kind of person you are! It’s all written in your face! “. 

“Seriously….”. She chuckled in amusement at his statement. “Ah~ You will just believe in facts, ha~? “. She then looked at them with a smirk on her face. “Then it would be fine for you if I also judge your personality by seeing your faces, right? “. She pointed at the second guy first. “You seem like someone who will be a jerk to girls “. And then she pointed at the first guy. “And you seem like someone who hasn’t dated anyone since born “. Kyungwoo and Ahram snorted at her comments as the guys got flustered in embarrassment. “Oh my, I guess I was right by your reactions! “. She laughed. 

“Y-Yah! “. The second guy protested. 

“Why? “. Kyungmi blinked. “I have the right to judge you, don’t I? “. Then her expression darkened. “Just like you judged me “. 

“No “. The first guy sighed. “It’s because in the post- “. 

“Regardless of the post, you shouldn’t judge a person that easily “. She started. “Watch what you say. Maybe for you it’s funny to judge someone and joke about it, but for that person, it can become an emotional wound ....”. She replied as she looked firmly at them. “So don’t be a coward and say it directly to my face, if you have the confidence to say that everything you said was right “. Neither of the guys said anything as they were left speechless by her words. “As I expected, stupid cowards “. She mumbled as she glared at them one more time before she walked away from the snack bar. Kyungwoo followed her not before bumping shoulders with one of the guys rather harshly while Ahram glared at them before leaving as well. Ahram smirked as she ran toward Kyungmi and wrapped an arm around Kyungmi’s neck. 

“Oh~ That was savage from you! I like that~ “. She complimented. 

“What are you saying? “. Kyungmi scoffed. “I was always a savage, you know? “. 

“You are right “. Ahram nodded in agreement. “Since we couldn’t buy anything, let’s go to the spicy rice cake place. It's on me “. Kyungmi smiled at her before shaking her head. 

“Thanks, but next time “. She replied. “I have to go somewhere “. 

“Where? “. Kyungwoo asked as he stood at the other side of her. 

“I’m going to meet with Sera and Yuri “. Kyungmi explained. “I should give them an explanation too “. 

“Then I’m going with you “. He suggested. 

“It’s alright. I can go alone “. She assured him. “Kim Hyukjae hasn’t been following me since that post so it should be fine. Besides, you have to walk Yeseul home “. 

“Even though you say it’s fine, you never know what can happen “. Kyungwoo retorted as he exhaled through his nose. “I will explain to Yeseul, so let’s go together “.

“Yeah, Kyung “. Ahram nodded in agreement. “It will be better if some of us can accompany you, just in case “. Kyungmi sighed as she gave it a thought before giving in. 

“Alright...then let Yeseul know that you can’t go with her “. Kyungmi reminded him as he nodded in understanding. 



 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

The last class just finished and it was time to go home. Kyungmi finished packing her backpack and swung it over her shoulders as Kyungwoo stood next to her, waiting for her. 

 

“Ready? “. He asked and she nodded in confirmation. “Let’s go then “. He said as he and Kyungmi walked toward the door, only to find Yeseul about to enter their classroom. 

“Kyungwoo-ah “. Yeseul beamed as she saw her boyfriend and linked arms with his. “Let's go “. 

“Huh? “. Kyungwoo became flustered as Kyungmi looked at them with confusion. 

“Didn’t you tell her? “. Kyungmi asked him as Kyungwoo tried to find the right words to explain while Yeseul looked at them with confusion. 

“Tell me what? “. Yeseul asked as she slipped her hands away from Kyungwoo’s arm. Kyungmi cleared before flashing her a smile. 

“It’s nothing “. She told them. “Kyungwoo-ah, you should walk her home “. 

“Wait, what about you? “. He looked at her with uneasiness. 

“I can go on my own “. She assured him. 

“Then text me the address of the place you will meet them. I will be there later “. Kyungmi nodded in understanding as she excused herself and left first. Yeseul wondered what they were talking about and hummed as she linked her arm with Kyungwoo’s again. 

“Let's go “. She replied with a smile as she and Kyungwoo were exiting the building, with the latter feeling uneasy about leaving Kyungmi alone. 

“Sorry, Yeseul….but can you go on your own today? “. He suddenly asked when they reached the gates. 

“Huh? Why? “. She asked with confusion. 

“I will explain later “. He said as he began to walk away from her. “Sorry! “. He exclaimed before jogging toward where Kyungmi went, without looking at the pout of sadness Yeseul expressed. He kept on his steps until he spotted Kyungmi hopping on the bus. He ran faster and arrived on time as he hopped on the bus as well and walked toward where Kyungmi was after paying the bus fare. Kyungmi looked at him with surprise when he sat down next to her. 

“Yah, what are you doing here? “. She blinked in surprise. “And Yeseul? “. 

“I told her to go on her own today “. He gulped as he breathed to calm his palpitating heart down. 

“Yah, still you should have walked her home “. She stated. 

“Not when you can be in danger “. He replied. “I told you, I will never leave you alone again. So let me help you this time “. Kyungmi exhaled in defeat as she stared at him before nodding in agreement. 

“Alright….”. 

 

Both of them arrived at Myungdong after forty minutes between the ride and walking. They walked into the coffee shop Kyungmi agreed to meet with the girls as they looked for them. Kyungmi spotted them at the corner of the place while talking with expressions of concern. Kyungmi took a deep breath before slowly walking toward them. Seri and Yuri looked up and jumped out of their seats as they saw their friend approaching them. 

“Kyungmi-ah! “. They exclaimed as they went toward her before pulling her into a group hug. 

“Yah! You scared us! “. Seri cried out as began to wail. “Do you know how worried we were when we couldn’t keep in touch with you? “. 

“Yah, you wrench! Why would you ignore our calls! “. Yuri exclaimed in annoyance as she shed a few tears. “Ignore my calls again and I will beat your *ss “. Kyungmi couldn’t help but feel relieved and thankful for their presence. She just realized now that she was an important person to them. Kyungmi chuckled as she rubbed their backs in comfort before pulling them away from the hug. 

“Sorry….that’s the only thing I can say right now “.

“You are so mean “. Yuri scoffed as she began to hit her arm, earning a whine from Kyungmi. “You deserve a beating for ignoring us! “. Her beating stopped when Lee Kyungwoo grabbed her wrist. 

“Yah, Nam Yuri. Is that a way to greet a friend? “. He retorted. Kyungmi looked at him in surprise before she glanced at both of them with awkwardness. She didn’t know how she should bring the fact that she brought Kyungwoo along and how to explain to Yuri about their meeting for the first time since their incident. 

“Ah….”. Kyungmi began talking after a few seconds of silence. “I can explain….I know it’s your first time meeting Lee Kyungwoo since-“.

“It‘s alright “. Yuri exhaled as she wiped the tiny tears she had in the corner of her eyes. “I already met him “.

“Huh? “. Kyungmi blinked in confusion. “When? “. She asked as she looked between her and Lee Kyungwoo. None of them replied to her as they stared at each other, waiting for one of them to give the explanation to Kyungmi. Then, Seri interfered. 

“We went to confront Kim Hyukjae about the post he uploaded on IG, and it happened that Lee Kyungwoo came too for the same purpose “. Kyungmi looked at her with surprise before staring at the pair having some kind of staring contest. 

“I see…”. Kyungmi cleared as she looked at her friends with a nervous smile. “Let’s take a seat “. 

 

Kyungmi began to tell her side of the story, about gaining her memories back and of what she remembered before the accident. The more she talked about it, the more the girls felt remorseful about the story. By the end of it, Seri and Yuri were already shedding tears of guilt. 

 

“Sorry for not telling you guys this sooner “. Kyungmi softly sighed after seeing them wiping their tears away. “I didn’t have the confidence to face you again….”. Kyungmi said as she played with her fingers to calm her heart down. “I just felt ashamed of my past actions….”. 

“You idiot! “. Yuri cried out as she wiped a few tears. “Why do you apologize when you did nothing wrong?! And what’s with you sacrificing for our well-being?! You are really mean….”. She wailed as Kyungwoo scoffed at the sight of his ex crying like that. 

“How can I not interfere if my friends are suffering? “. Kyungmi gave them a small smile. “Even though you left us Yuri, I never once thought you weren’t my friend “. Those words made the former cry even more. “Besides….I’m fine now, so you guys shouldn’t feel guilty toward me, okay? I don’t want to look pitiful “. She tried to joke, earning more cries from the girls. “Aigoo….”. Kyungmi chortled at the sight before passing some napkins at them. She then looked at Kyungwoo to ask for a favor. 

“Kyungwoo-ah, can you buy some drinks for us, please? “. She asked. “I don’t mind any drink “. He took the hint that she needed some time with the girls and nodded in understanding before standing up and walking away from the table. Kyungmi made sure he was making the line before she turned back to the girls, who just finished cleaning their noses and eyes. 

“Done crying? “. Kyungmi chuckled at the view of her friends nodding with their slightly puffy eyes. 

“So, tell me “. Yuri cleared so her voice doesn’t sound raspy. “Do you have any plans? “. 

“I have evidence about Jo Seungmin’s abuse toward me…the only problem is Kim Hyukjae. I can’t prove his stalking with just text messages… “. 

“Damn it…”. Yuri cursed under her breath as she and Seri thought for ideas of how to catch him red. 

“Actually….”. Kyungmi bit her bottom lip in nervousness. “I thought of a plan….and it requires your help “. She slowly spoke as her friends were listening attentively to her. Kyungmi took a deep breath before she started. “To be able to create evidence, I’m going to meet with Kim Hyukjae, and I will cause a scene so he can assault me. So I need you guys to record everything on your phones- “. 

“Are you crazy?! “. Yuri hissed in shock after hearing the plan. “Girl, you are going to get yourself killed! We are talking about a psycho! “.

“Yeah, that’s definitely a bad idea “. Seri agreed with her as she shook her head. 

“That’s the only way to make sure he doesn’t appear in front of me again! “. Kyungmi exhaled in tiredness as she looked at her friends in plead. “I want this to be over soon. And the only way is to make evidence of his violent nature “. The girls weren’t so convinced with the idea as they gave it a thought.

“If this is happening, Lee Kyungwoo should come with us if anything happens “. Yuri suggested. 

“Absolutely not! “. Kyungmi frowned in disapproval. “That’s the reason why I made him buy our drinks so he couldn’t hear about our plan “. 

“Why not? We will need him in case the situation gets worse “. Seri tried to reason with her. 

“I don’t want him to be involved in this mess “. Kyungmi explained as she shook her head. “He had done enough to help me so I don’t want to bother him with this….”. She then looked at her friends with pleadings. “Please, girls. I’ll ask for this favor “. The girls sighed as they looked at each other, talking with the eye to see if they should agree with this plan. Yuri then looked at her before nodding in agreement. 

“If the situation gets worse, we will call the police “. Kyungmi sighed with relief as she nodded in gratitude. 

“Thanks, girls “.

“When do you want to meet him? “. Seri asked, wondering when they would abide by the plan. 

“Tonight “. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

After their meeting, Kyungmi decided to go home first since Kyungwoo insisted on walking her home, but without forgetting to tell Seri and Yuri to meet them at a park near their middle school after she arrived home. As the pair arrived at the entrance of the building, Kyungmi turned around with a smile of gratitude toward Kyungwoo.

 

“Thanks for walking me home “. She said. 

“No problem “. He assured her with a soft smile. “Go in “. 

“It’s fine, you go first “. Kyungmi told him. 

“....okay then “. He nodded in understanding, totally oblivious about what she was trying to do. “Text me once you arrive at your bedroom “.

“Okay “. She nodded as she rapidly waved at him. He nodded in response before turning around and walking away from her. When she saw him not turning around to see her, she turned to the other side and began walking away while searching for a number. She pressed the number before waiting for it to answer. After three rings, the other line answered. 

“I know it’s you, Kim Hyukjae “. Kyungmi replied with a monotone voice as she began making her way to the location she agreed to meet with the girls. “We should meet. There are lots of things we need to catch up with “. 


 

Kyungmi arrived at the park near her middle school building while waiting for Kim Hyukjae to arrive. She made sure her phone was recording the voice audio while being in the pocket of her skirt. As she checked her wristwatch, she heard footsteps that suddenly made her spine freeze. It felt like she was reliving the day of her accident. She turned around at the time Kim Hyukjae walked closer to her with a smirk on his face. 

 

“Wow~ I’m honored that you are the one contacting me first “. He chuckled as he scanned her from head to toe. 

“Don’t misunderstand. I just called you to clarify some things “. She muttered with rage visible in her voice. 

“What things? “. Kim Hyukjae wondered as he tried to play innocent. “Ah~ about how you liked me in our middle school days? “. Kyungmi tried to play cool and not get heated up by his nonsense. 

“First of all “. She cleared . “Were you the one who posted things about me on Instagram? “. 

“Mm…..what would you do if I say I did it? “. He asked with a mocking tone as he crossed his arms. “Perhaps, surrender and accept to be my girlfriend? “. 

“Stop with the jokes and answer me “. She snapped, making him laugh with joy. 

“Aigoo~ so impatient “. He replied as he smirked at her. “Well, yeah~ I did it “. 

“Why? “. She asked with her narrowing eyes. “Did you despise me that much? To the point of making baseless rumors? “. 

“What do you mean by rumors? “. He laughed while clapping in excitement. “All I said in that post are true since I was there to witness them “. 

“What? “. She scoffed in disbelief. “How can you be so sure? I don’t recall any of those events “. 

“Of course, you wouldn’t “. He scoffed while rolling his eyes. “Because you lost your memories “. Kyungmi frowned a little when he said that. 

“....how do you know I lost my memories? “. At that, Kim Hyukjae gave her a creepy smirk as he took a step forward. 

“Should I revive the scene of that day? “. He asked as he kept taking steps forward as Kyungmi slowly took steps backward. “I have to admit that it wasn’t my intention to push you to the road. I was just so ANGRY that you would play with my feelings after those texts of seduction. I think I understood what Jo Seungmin was feeling at that moment “. He explained as he stopped walking, making her stop moving as well. “I visited the hospital on the day you woke up. Since I was worried you would remember the person who pushed you. But miraculously…. “. He began to chuckle, to the point it made her get goosebumps in her skin. “I heard from the nurse that you didn’t remember anything! How lucky am I! I felt like the heavens were helping me “. 

“Crazy bastard…..”. She muttered under her breath. “Let’s say you had feelings for me back then….why the stalking now? “. 

“Well….it was because I still liked you….and also because Jo Seungmin asked me for a favor “. He laughed at the thought. “The jerk just wanted me to scare you a little, but that doesn’t work like that when my feelings are tangled as well. That jerk seems to still like you, for him to come to find me and give me a beat for uploading that post “. Kyungmi frowned a little at his words, not believing what he was saying. 

“....what? “. 

“Unbelievable, right? “. He replied. “I was so astonished and touched to tears because of that! “. He laughed as he wiped his fake tears. “Well…..it’s already too late for him to win you back anyway “. Then he came over and abruptly grabbed her wrist, startling her. “Kyungmi-ah, just accept my feelings, will you? I promise I will be good to you this time “. 

“Let me go “. Kyungmi said as she tried to yank her wrist away from his grip, but he was tightening it harder, to the point that it was hurting her. 

“Why is it so difficult for you to open up to me, huh? “. His voice was getting louder as he too was beginning to feel frustrated. “I tried everything to make you like me! “. 

“Like stealing my belongings? “. She scoffed in disbelief. “That’s not love, that’s an obsession. And you are sick “. She commented as she finally yanked her wrist away from him. “And as a matter of fact, those texts weren’t written by me! It was Jo Seungmin who texted you all of that! He just faked my chat by putting a photo of me as his profile “. 

“Don’t lie to me! “. He screamed in rage, causing her to freeze on her spot. Suddenly, he began to laugh like a maniac. “Stop making excuses...I know you love me. I felt it the moment you helped me back then when I was Seungmin’s friend “. 

“That was because I felt pity toward you! Just because I began talking to you when no one did, doesn’t mean that I actually liked you with romantic feelings! “. She spat in frustration. “I pity you, seriously “. Then, his expression darkened, causing her to feel shivers under her spine. 

“You pity me? “. He scoffed as suddenly grabbed her forearms and pushed her to the ground. “You pity ME?! “. He roared as she looked up while crawling backward to avoid him from coming closer. “I will make sure you never say those words again! “. He shouted as he lifted his hand up to slap her. Kyungmi squealed in despair as she blocked herself with her arms and closed her eyes, waiting for the impact. She got startled when she heard Kim Hyukjae falling to the ground while groaning in pain. She looked up, and grew surprised to see Lee Kyungwoo panting with anger as he glared at Kim Hyukjae. 

“Kyungwoo-ah! “. 

“Is that why you told me to go first? “. He asked as he trapped the guy with his arms behind, to avoid him from escaping, as Hyukjae screamed in anger, telling him to get off.  

“Kyungmi-ah! “. The girls came out from hiding and helped her get up. 

“Are you okay? “. Seri asked as she helped her friend dust her uniform off. 

“I’m fine “. She assured them. 

“I called the police 5 minutes ago, they should be on their way now “. Yuri explained. Just like she said, two police cars came and three officers hopped off to arrest Kim Hyukjae. 

“Let go of me! “. He demanded as he was being dragged by the officers. “Yah, Choi Kyungmi! Was this your plan?! I won’t let you get away from this! “. He swore as he was taken to the car while Seri and Yuri were testifying their versions of the story to one of the officers. Kyungmi sighed with relief as she smoothed her chest to ease her palpitating heart. She was glad this situation was over. 

“Yah “. Kyungwoo called her as he rested his hands over her shoulders. “Are you okay? “. 

“Yeah “. She nodded in affirmation. He sighed with relief as he stared at her with frustration. 

“Why didn’t you tell me you were going to meet him? You should have told me so I can protect you at least! “. He yelled. 

“I needed evidence to make sure he doesn’t appear in front of me again “. She started to explain. “Also….I didn’t want to cause you trouble….”. 

“You idiot….”. He mumbled as he pulled her into his embrace, startling her. “Why would that be a bother to me? I told you before….that I’m not going to leave you alone….”. He then pulled her away from the hug and rested his hands over her forearms. “Promise me you would call me if you are in trouble “. He said as he looked at her in concern. She scanned his expression and softened with guilt after seeing how worried he looked at her. Sighing, she nodded in agreement. He sighed with relief as he was able to smile again. 

“Ms. Choi “. They turned around to see an officer in front of them. “We need you to come with us “. 

“Okay “. She nodded in understanding and she was about to follow him when Kyungwoo grabbed her hand, earning her attention. 

“I will go with you “. Kyungwoo insisted. Kyungmi was about to protest when she remembered her promise to him. Softening her smile, she nodded in agreement. 

“Okay “. With that, both of them followed the officer.