Chapter 13

Accidentally Changing The Story of a Web Drama

Two guys, a taller one with black hair and another wearing glasses with curly orange hair, were walking on the streets when they halted after the taller one recognized Lee Kyungwoo from a distance as he and the crew entered a karaoke center. 

 

“What's that? Isn’t that Lee Kyungwoo? “. The taller guy asked. 

“Huh? “. The guy with curly hair followed his friend’s gaze. “Oh? Choi Kyungmi? “. The taller guy smirked when he confirmed to have seen Kyungwoo and Kyungmi as he followed them. 

 

Meanwhile, inside the karaoke room, Ahram was the first one to sing as everyone was sitting while watching her. Kyungmi sat between Kyungmin and Jinhee as she texted her friends about the festival. As Ahram finished singing, she went to the table to get a drink but halted when she felt the can was empty. She frowned and looked at everyone to know who was the culprit who drank her soda. 

 

“Who was it? “. She asked while glaring at them. Kyungwoo looked up from his phone and chuckled. 

“It was yours? Sorry “. He said as he grabbed another can and passed it to her. “Do you want to have this then? “. Ahram grabbed it and she was about to drink when she noticed that it was also empty. 

“It’s empty! “. She growled in annoyance as she almost threw the can at him. Kyungmi chuckled at her reaction while Kyungwoo laughed as he stood up. 

“I can just buy you something, right? Is anything fine? “. 

“Anything? “. She asked with an offense. “Let’s go together “. She said as she grabbed his wrist and dragged him with her. 

“One popsicle for me while you’re at it “. Jooyoung said as he raised his arm. 

“Shut up “. Kyungwoo said as he looked at Kyungmi focused on her phone. He slightly smiled before leaving with Ahram. Jooyoung pouted as he leaned closer to Jarim. 

“But Jooyoung wants a popsicle….”. He said while trying to act cute. 

“Yah “. Jarim called him. 

“Hmm? “. Jooyoung leaned closer so Jarim could whisper at him. 

“Shut up “. She said. Jooyoung blinked before saying. 

“I think I should change my name to ‘shut up’ from today “. 

“Yeah, suits you well “. Minji agreed. Jooyoung chuckled before saying to her. 

“Shut up “. Minji frowned at his comment. Kyungmi looked at them and shook her head at how childish they were acting. She felt her phone vibrating and looked it up to see a message from Kyungwoo. 

 

Lee Kaeng: Tell me what you want to drink. I will buy it. 

 

She was texting him that she was fine with any drink when she saw Minji standing up. 

 

“One minute. It's my mom “. She replied as she left the room. Kyungmi hummed as she continued texting Yuri, who was whining at her for missing the festival because she had to attend her relative’s birthday party. She locked her phone and grabbed her purse to take her chapstick out. She frowned in confusion when she couldn’t find it. “That’s so strange….I’m sure I put it here. First my earphones, now my chapstick….am I that stupid to lose things? “. She wondered as she tilted her head to the side. Then, she felt an urge to go to the bathroom, forgetting about her missing chapstick. 

“I will be back “. She told her friends as she walked out of the room as well. As she walked her way to the corridor, she halted when she saw Minji cornered by two guys, a tall guy with tan skin and another guy with curly orange hair and glasses. “What are those guys trying to do? “. She thought as she decided to stay in her place while watching from afar in an alert. 

 

“Aren’t you Lee Kaeng’s girlfriend? “. The tall guy asked with a smirk on his face. “I saw you guys together earlier. What is our Lee Kyungwoo’s new girlfriend’s name? “. 

“Yah. What does that matter? Let’s just go “. The guy with glasses replied. 

“Who are you? “. Minji timidly asked as she felt intimidated by the tall guy. 

“Me? Oh, I’m Kyungwoo’s friend “. The tall guy replied. “Tell him you saw Jo Seungmin. He’ll know “. 

“Jo Seungmin? “. Kyungmi gasped after hearing the mentioned name.  “What is that jerk doing here? Right...this is the scene where Jo Seungmin encounters Minji first before having a discussion with Kyungwoo.” She thought as she looked back at the scene. 

“Ah, why does his girlfriend not know anything? “. Seungmin cursed as he stared at Minji with annoyance as she stayed quiet. Kyungmi couldn’t support watching her friend being in an uncomfortable situation and she decided to step in. 

“Minji-ah “. Kyungmi called her as she walked out of her hiding place. She looked up to see Jo Seungmin smirking at her as she approached her friend and rested a hand over her arm. “Are you okay? “. Minji slowly nodded as she took a step back to be behind Kyungmi. “Who are they? “. 

“Yah~ I’m quite disappointed that you already forgot about me “. Jo Seungmin retorted. 

“What are you saying? “. Kyungmi scoffed in disbelief. “Plus, aren’t you being too informal to meet someone for the first time? Dropping the honorifics already “. She retorted. 

“First time? “. Jo Seungmin cracked in laughter as he pointed at her. “Yah~ you are quite interesting! Don’t you really remember me? Because I know who you are “. He replied, causing her to frown in confusion. “You are friends with Nam Yuri, right? “. Kyungmi’s eyes widened a little as she wondered how the hell he knew she was friends with her when she doesn’t recall any scene of the real Kyungmi being in the past with Jo Seungmin. 

“How do you know her? “. She asked while pretending to not know anything. 

“Wow~ acting like you don’t know? “. Jo Seungmin scoffed with amusement. 

“Ah~ now I remember! “. Kyungmi smirked as she crossed her arms. “You were that damn liar who spread rumors about her! How can I forget about that situation? “. Seungmin’s eye twitched because of anger and decided to slip it off to avoid fighting with her. 

“Forget it, that will be a discussion for another day. By the way, are you Lee Kaeng’s girlfriend? You seem quite close to him. So I came to say hi to him “. 

“He’s not my boyfriend “. Kyungmi retorted. “Besides, I don’t think you are in the position to come here and say hi “. Then her expression hardened. “I suggest you leave before you cause a mess “. 

“Yah~  you have become braver than before! I like the new you! “. Jo Seungmin exclaimed as he lightly punched her shoulder, which made her glare at him in annoyance. “Since you are closer to him, tell him that I passed by “. 

“Why should I? “. Kyungmi asked with a scoff. “If you are here to play on his nerves, I suggest you leave while I’m talking nicely to you. I’m doing this much for the sake of Yuri “. She said between gritted teeth as she glared at him with anger. 

“Yah “. Jo Seungmin’s expression suddenly turned sour because of her attitude. “Just because you are Lee Kyungwoo’s girlfriend, do you actually think that you become someone superior? “. He retorted. Kyungmi exhaled as she was at the edge of punching this guy when a voice interrupted their conversation. 

“She’s not my girlfriend “. Kyungmi’s eyes darted toward Kyungwoo, who was at the other side of the corridor with Ahram. “This one is my girlfriend, you idiots “. He said as he wrapped an arm around Ahram. Kyungmi couldn't help but chuckle when Ahram slapped his arm away. 

“Do you want to get hit? Why am I your girlfriend, you crazy fool? “. Ahram whispered at him. 

“No, it’s just that she was with you earlier. Wow~you have a lot of girls “. Seungmin replied with amusement. Kyungmi scoffed in disbelief when Seungmin glanced between her, Minji, and Ahram. 

“Is it dating if we are together? Are you a kid, you jerk? “. Kyungwoo retorted. Seungmin scoffed with a glare at him before eyeing Ahram and walking toward her. 

“Yah~ but your girlfriend looks like she does some sports “. He commented. “Look at that hunk “. Ahram launched forward and slapped his neck. 

“Crazy bastard “. She cursed as Seungmin doubled his upper body to cough. Kyungwoo laughed at her move as Kyungmi suppressed to chuckle. 

“How did you know? She does some sports “. Kyungwoo commented. 

“Who is he? “. Ahram asked while eyeing with disgust at Seungmin. 

“Ah~ You don’t need to know “. Kyungwoo said as he glanced at Kyungmi and Minji. “Yah, go inside with her “. He said as he pointed at Minji with his chin. Ahram walked past him not before giving a last glare at him before walking toward Minji. 

“Ah, this ing girl “. Seungmin cursed at the same time Ahram turned Minji around and wrapped an arm around her as she led the way back to their karaoke room. Kyungmi crossed her arms as she walked closer to Jo Seungmin before resting a hand over his shoulder. 

“That’s what you get for acting up, you moron “. She replied as she hardly pushed his cheek with her fingers before walking away from him. She glanced at Kyungwoo to ask if he was okay to be alone when he nodded at her with an assurance that he will be fine. Kyungmi sighed and nodded in understanding before walking away. 

“Aish, that b*tch, seriously ....”. Seungmin was about to go after her when Kyungwoo stopped him while laughing. 

“Yah, yah, yah! I was kidding. She’s not my girlfriend “. Kyungwoo said before his joking expression turned into a serious one. “Ah but….Why the do you act as you know me? “. Seungmin scoffed in disbelief. 

“This punk! Meeting again after so long and you’re being rude “. Kyungwoo looked away with a scoff as he eyed him with a blank expression. 

“Ah, this is a shameless punk “. 

“Ah, I saw Gong Jooyoung too, earlier. Shall I go greet him? “. Seungmin said, provoking Kyungwoo. 

“Mind your business and go your own way “. Kyungwoo said. 

“Yeah, let’s just go “. Seungmin’s friend insisted. 

“The room they all went in earlier, was it there? “. Seungmin asked as he turned around to find the room. Kyungwoo was faster and stopped him as he slammed him against the iron fence. 

“I told you to go, goddammit “. He mumbled in a low tone. “Go “. He warned him. 

“I just wanted to say hi. What’s with the serious face? “. 

“Are we that close that you’d say hi? “. Seungmin then stared at Kyungwoo’s bangs and gasped. 

“Wow! Your bangs grew a lot “. Seungmin pointed out. 

“What? “. Kyungwoo asked in confusion. 

“I heard your eye being like this isn’t from getting beaten up by the guys “. Seungmin said. “I heard it was your dad who hit you “. When he saw Kyungwoo’s expression of slight shock, he chuckled. “I didn’t even know that and felt sorry for nothing. You should have told me. If I’d known it, I would have understood “. 

“How did you know? “. Kyungwoo asked with his eyes wide open from rage. 

“Is that important? “. 

“ “. Kyungwoo cursed as he grabbed Seungmin’s collar. 

“What? You’re going to hit me? “. Seungmin provoked him. “Hit me, hit, you jerk “. 

“Yah, what’s with you? “. Seungmin’s friend tried to stop them from fighting. Kyungwoo glanced at him before looking back at Seungmin as he released his collar. 

“Step out, you son of a b*tch “. He cursed as he began to walk away. 

“I should go if he asks me to “. Seungmin scoffed as he dusted his shirt off while following Kyungwoo behind. “Things haven’t been this fun in a long while “. With that, they left. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Two days later after that incident with Jo Seungmin, Kyungmi has been worried about Kyungwoo since he’s been missing school. She then talked to her friends about her encounter with Jo Seungmin. Yuri was more shocked about the situation when Kyungmi explained that she was actually friends with Lee Kyungwoo. Luckily, Yuri wasn’t mad that Kyungmi didn’t tell her about Kyungwoo, and she even told her about their relationship in the past and how they ended their relationship, all because of Jo Seungmin. 

 

“Still, don’t you want to meet Lee Kyungwoo at least once? “. Kyungmi asked as she was calling Yuri through the phone while she was at her desk. 

“No, it will be best if we don’t encounter each other...and I’m over him and I’m already starting a new relationship, so when I have the courage to face him without thinking about the past, then I will meet him “. 

“Okay “. Kyungmi nodded as she sighed. 

“Aren’t you mad? “. Yuri asked. 

“Why would I be mad? “. 

“I heard from Seri, that you have a connection with Kyungwoo “. Yuri explained.

“What-? “. Kyungmi blinked as she was going to ask where she did get that stupid idea when Yuri replied.

“Seri witnessed the way you two were interacting, and you know that Seri is good at catching those things “. She replied as Kyungmi stood in silence since she knew that she was right. “I was worried that you would be mad because I dated him before “. Kyungmi scoffed with a smile. 

“Why would I be mad? That’s all in the past now. What’s important is the present and that you’re doing well “. She said. “It must have been hard for you to tell me about what happened, thanks for telling me “. 

“If that Jo Seungmin jerk comes back for you, then don’t hesitate to call me! I would be there for you and beat the jerk up “. 

“I will. I will hang up now, see you during the weekend “. Kyungmi said as she hung up and sighed before glancing at the empty desk beside her. Then, Jooyoung and Byunghoon came over and stared at Kyungwoo’s desk with concern. 

“Kyungwoo’s absent today again “. Jooyoung sighed. 

“He’s not opening any of my texts, either “. Kyungmi commented. 

“Why is he suddenly out for two days in a row? “. Kyungmin sighed. “This has never happened before “. 

“This won’t do. Let’s find Kyungwoo. We’ll go to his house first “. Byunghoon commented as he fixed his collar, acting as a detective. “Detective Ahn, get ready. We’re going on a stakeout “. 

“Gosh, there he goes again with another concept “. Kyungmin sighed as he turned back to the front. 

“Yah, forget it. I’ll just go and see “. Jooyoung suggested. 

“You said he didn’t open the door when you went yesterday “. Jarim said. “Let’s go together. We are in the same neighborhood anyway “. 

“I’m going to the gym today. Ask him what the big deal is for me “. Ahram said and went back to do her homework. Kyungmi sighed and looked back at the unread messages she left at Kyungwoo’s chat. “If my memory is clear….I’m sure he’s in one of those PC rooms I don’t know. I don’t care if this will change the story, I’m worried about him “.

“You guys go, I have some errands to do “. Kyungmi replied as she decided to go separate ways to find him.  


 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

After school ended, while the crew went to Kyungwoo’s house to find him, Kyungmi decided to use her memories from the drama to find him. 

 

If I’m not wrong…..he must be here “. She thought as she stood up in front of a PC room she saw for the first time. With a deep breath, she stepped in. She walked down the stairs to the underground PC room and walked in to look around the place. Since there weren’t a lot of people, she was able to spot him at the end of the corner, in one of the rows. Sighing, she slowly walked toward him before taking a seat on his left side. Kyungwoo, who was busy playing video games to clear his mind, sensed the presence of someone and turned to his left, only to get startled to see Kyungmi next to him. 

“What are you doing here? “. He asked as he saw Kyungmi entering her username and password to play LoL. 

“Speak for yourself “. Kyungmi replied with her eyes glued to the screen. “Isn't it ironic that you are wearing your school uniform when you haven't been to school for two days? “. She retorted. “Plus, why ignore your best friend's calls and messages? I thought you already flew to another country “. 

“Tsk “. He scoffed at her questions and turned his attention toward her. “Wasn’t it because you were worried? “. 

“Should I be worried? “. She finally looked at him with a blank expression on her face. “Will you be able to tell me what the hell you were doing for the past two days? Will you explain to me the bandages in your hands? “. She asked while pointing at his hands, which he hid under the table. “If you can’t, why bother asking? “. She hummed as she returned her attention to the computer. Kyungwoo exhaled through his nose as he looked back at the screen of the computer, but he wasn’t playing. In fact, he has lost interest in playing now. 

“Why are you here then? “. He asked without looking at her. 

“Everyone is worried about you “. She replied. “So they started looking for you. But I don’t think they will since they went to your house “. 

“And how did you know I was here? “. He glanced at her. 

“Lucky guess “. She shrugged her shoulders and he scoffed in amusement. There was a moment of silence when she suddenly asked. “Won’t you ask me anything? “. 

“About? “. He lifted his eyebrows in curiosity. 

“I know you heard my conversation with Jo Seungmin “. Kyungmi responded as she stopped playing to look at him. “Aren’t you curious about how I know Jo Seungmin and Nam Yuri? “. At that, he didn’t utter a word and looked away. 

“I am “. He replied with honesty. 

“Then why aren’t you asking about it? “. 

“Then I will have to tell you about how I know Jo Seungmin and Nam Yuri too “. 

“You don’t need to “. Kyungmi replied in assurance. “If you feel like you don’t want to talk about it then don’t. I can just tell my side of the story “. 

“Aren’t you curious about why I have bandages on my hands and why I was missing for two days? “. Kyungmi exhaled through her nose as she looked at him. Of course, she wanted him to tell her everything so he could be at peace and rely on someone. But, she felt it wasn’t necessary since she already knew the story from the drama and from Yuri. 

“I am….but I won’t ask if you don’t want to tell me about it “. Kyungwoo was about to say something when he saw his vibrating cell phone lying on the surface of the table. He saw that it was a call from his mother and he immediately answered. 

“Yeah, mom “. Kyungmi patiently waited for him but grew concerned when his expression darkened with each second. He finished the call with ‘I will be back soon’ and stood up to leave. “Sorry….but I have to go. Let’s talk about this another time “. He replied before walking away. Kyungmi sighed as she lightly punched the table. Sure she knew that he was mad because this scene was the part where Jarim tells his mother about the situation and his mother would scold him for lying and skipping classes. “I just hope you don’t put the blame on Gong Jooyoung….that’s the reason why I came to talk to you. But I guess it won’t work “. She thought as she rubbed her forehead in tiredness. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

The next day, Kyungmi was doing her homework while Jarim and Jooyoung were doing the same as her, and Ahram and Minji were playing ‘Barley-Rice’. She was so focused on the homework, that she didn’t notice Kyungwoo entering the classroom. She looked up when she saw him placing his backpack on the desk and sitting down. 

 

“Kyungwoo-ah….”. She called him softly in surprise but he ignored her. 

“Yah, what happened to you? “. Jooyoung asked but Kyungwoo didn’t reply back. The girls glanced at him as Jooyoung stood up and walked toward him. “Yah, aren’t you too much? You’re ignoring my texts, calls, now even my words “. Then Kyungwoo turned to glare at him. 

“Don’t you have anything to tell me? “. Kyungwoo asked. 

“Oh? I am talking to you now. Ah. Did you eat anything? “. Jooyoung smiled at him. He got startled when Kyungwoo abruptly stood up and grabbed his collar with a hand. 

“Lee Kyungwoo, what are you doing?! “. Kyungmi panicked as she stood up as well and grabbed his hand to yank it away from Jooyoung. 

“Are you like this because you don’t know? “. Kyungwoo asked him while glaring at him with rage. 

“What are you saying? “. Jooyoung asked in confusion as he realized something. “Did your mom scold you a lot yesterday? Is it because of that? “. Kyungwoo scoffed as he grabbed his collar with the other hand. 

“That was you too? “. 

“Kyungwoo, please…”.Kyungmi begged as she tried to separate them. Then Jarim came over and grabbed Kyungwoo’s wrist. 

“I was the one who told your mother “. She confessed. Kyungwoo looked at her before releasing Jooyoung’s collar. Then he looked at Kyungmi’s expression of concern and he slightly flinched at that sight and kind of felt guilty for scaring her like that. 

“, leave it. What can I talk with you about? “. Kyungwoo mumbled as he grabbed his backpack. “It’s fine as long as I disappear “. With that, he left. 

“Yah, Lee Kyungwoo! “. She called him but stopped right there since she felt that it was useless to follow him at this point. 


 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

During break time, the crew decided to gather at the music room to talk about the situation that was happening to Kyungwoo. Kyungmi sat next to Minji as she stayed in silence while wondering if she should give an explanation or not. 

 

“Why was Lee Kyungwoo like that earlier? Do you guys know? “. Minji asked as she eyed Kyungmin and Byunghoon. 

“We are also frustrated because we don’t know “. Byunghoon sighed with a pout. 

“It's strange. It’s damn strange “. Kyungmin murmured while thinking about it. “Lee Kaeng isn’t someone who gets angry for no reason. What could it be? “. Kyungmi exhaled as she mentally agreed with his statement. Then Minji remembered something. 

“Lee Kyungwoo seemed to be sensitive about his bangs “. 

“Yeah, that’s right. He’s hella sensitive about his bangs because of the scar on his forehead “. Kyungmin explained. Byunghoon exhaled as he rested his fist under his chin. 

“So we’re finally putting together the unsolvable puzzle “. He replied. “Lee Kyungwoo’s bangs were actually like a bomb that could go off at any time “. Kyungmi rolled her eyes as she shook her head when Kyungmin began imitating the situation. “That’s not what you guys are thinking….there’s no way he was sensitive because he was afraid teacher Dokgo Moon would force him to cut his bangs “. “This could happen. One hundred percent possible “. Byunghoon exclaimed. 

“I’m 100% sure it’s bullsh*t, idiots “. Minji sighed at the stupidity. 

“No, I’m sure it’s not the bangs “. Ahram joined. “In my opinion, seeing that Lee Kyungwoo hurt his hand, he surely fought someone “. “I’m surprised that Ahram got it right “. Kyungmi thought. “During the party, at the karaoke. That hell of a mean-looking jerk. Remember? “. 

“Ah “. Minji nodded in agreement. “Jo Seungmin? “. 

“How do you guys know Jo Seungmin? “. Kyungmin asked in surprise. 

“He was trying to start a fight with Lee Kyungwoo “. Minji explained. “He said he was Jo Seungmin, his middle school classmate “. Then she looked at them. “You guys know him? You guys were also friends during middle school “. 

“I don’t really know him, because I transferred to that school only in the second year “. Byunghoon explained. 

“Jo Seungmin was trying to start a fight with me and Kyungmi too, saying we seemed close to Lee Kyungwoo “. Minji responded. “Something like that might happen again “. She looked at the guys with hope. “Fill me in. I need to know so I can be prepared “. Kyungmi exhaled through her nose while playing with her fingers. “So this is how everyone is going to know about Kyungwoo’s past “. “Did something happen between him and Lee Kyungwoo? “. 

“Gosh “. Kyungmin sighed as he scratched the back of his head. “We also don’t know everything. In middle school, Lee Kyungwoo went around with Jo Seungmin’s crew and didn’t have much to do with us “. He explained. “Gong Jooyoung followed Lee Kyungwoo around on his own and worried a lot about him. Because actually, Jo Seungmin kind of-  “.

“So he liked Lee Kyungwoo “. Ahram concluded with a smirk. Kyungmi swore she heard a thud of disbelief inside of her head as she frowned while looking at Ahram.  

“What nonsense are you saying, seriously? “. Kyungmin asked in her stead as he also frowned in disbelief at her answer. Ahram pulled out a pen from the pocket of her skirt as she began explaining. 

“With my deep experience in investigation, I can sense something “. She replied. “Shall we start from the time we met Jo Seungmin at the karaoke? “. She suggested that everyone imagine the situation as Ahram began interpreting it. “At that moment, when Kyungwoo said ‘this one is my girlfriend, you idiots ‘, I got a hunch as soon as I saw the look on that guy’s face “. She explained. “Anyone could see what it was: jealousy, of course “. Kyungmi rolled her eyes as she wondered if she should keep listening to this nonsense. “In that case….Jo Seungmin liked Lee Kyungwoo, and Lee Kyungwoo liked Gong Jooyoung, but Gong Jooyoung liked Jo Seungmin. But Lee Kyungwoo liked Gong Jooyoung, and Gong Jooyoung liked Jo Seungmin, but Lee Kyungwoo liked Gong Jooyoung. And thus Lee Kyungwoo, after learning all about this tragic tortuous love, grabbed Gong Jooyoung by his collar today “. Ahram finished. 

“Just write fan fiction “. Kyungmi retorted. “It will turn out to be a hit “. She sighed as the rest looked at Ahram as if she had gone crazy. Just then, Jarim and Jooyoung came over and joined them. 

“Yah, you guys should stop playing detective “. Jarim replied as she sat next to Kyungmi. 

“Why? It's possible “. Ahram insisted. “What do you think about my deduction, Gong Jooyoung? “. She asked as she waited for his response. 

“It’s nothing like that “. Jooyoung replied as he took a seat next to Jarim. 

“Still, you guessed that Lee Kyungwoo had a girl that he liked, I’ll give you that “. Kyungmin agreed and Ahram lifted her fist of victory up. 

“Someone that he liked? Who? “. Minji asked with curiosity. 

“I’m not sure “. Kyungmin shrugged his shoulders. “Lee Kyungwoo didn’t really tell us “.

“Gong Jooyoung “. Byunghoon called him. “You must have heard something, right? “. Then everyone looked at him for answers. 

“Ah….”. He looked hesitant to respond, but he decided to say it anyway. “Her name was…”. 

“Nam Yuri…..”. Kyungmi murmured out of consciousness and everyone looked at her with surprise. 

“How do you know about Yuri? “. Jooyoung blinked at her with confusion. 

“Huh? “. She realized what she had done after seeing the reactions of everyone before looking back at Jooyoung. “She’s my friend from middle school “. She explained. “Although we distanced ourselves during our last year of middle school, still….I remembered that she used to like someone from your school, I just didn’t know that person would turn out to be Lee Kyungwoo “. Kyungmi explained as she tried not to divulge more information or she would be seen with suspicion for how she knew lots of information. 

“Then….you must know what happened “. Jooyoung carefully asked her. Kyungmi hummed as she slowly nodded in confirmation. 

“To some extent “. She replied. “Since Yuri was the one who told me her side of the story “. Jooyoung nodded in understanding before he continued explaining the story. 

“Anyway, after some time, Lee Kyungwoo and Nam Yuri began dating. Lee Kyungwoo was probably the happiest at that time. He really liked Nam Yuri “. 

“Then why did they break up? “. Minji asked out of curiosity. Jooyoung looked at her before glancing at Kyungmi, who was looking back at him. She understood what that gaze meant before she replied. 

“It was because of Jo Seungmin “. Ahram gaped in shock as she realized something. 

“So it is a tragic love story. I was right, see? “. She said as she pointed at everyone to let them know that she was right. 

“Well, to some extent “. Jooyoung responded. “Actually, I think Jo Seungmin liked Nam Yuri. So he told weird stuff to other girls and made them spread rumors on purpose “. 

“It’s obvious what kind of rumors they were “. Ahram said as she began interpreting a scene of the girls of Jooyoung’s school telling the rumors to Kyungwoo. “ ‘Kyungwoo, did you hear the rumor? ‘. ‘What rumor?’. ‘Nam Yuri is already married’. ‘It’s her second marriage’. ‘But her ex-husband came back alive’ “. 

“Yah! “. Everyone exclaimed in annoyance at the nonsense she was saying. 

“What the hell is wrong with you? Did you eat something weird? “. Kyungmin retorted as he looked done with her nonsense stories. 

“But if it was the reason for their breakup, then it must not have been a good rumor “. Minji pointed out. 

“Ah, about that….”. Jooyoung glanced at Kyungmi, expecting to explain that part. Kyungmi sighed as she continued. 

“The rumor was that Nam Yuri’s relationship with guys was a bit problematic….”. She responded. 

“What a very pathetic rumor “. Jarim sighed. “So? Lee Kyungwoo believed that? “. Jarim looked at Jooyoung. 

“Back then we were young, so….The rumor was one thing, but Jo Seungmin was the main factor, driving a wedge between them “. Jooyoung explained. 

“Yuri told me Jo Seungmin began to put nonsense stories about her in Lee Kyungwoo’s head, so at some point, he got mad at her, and began to believe those rumors “. Kyungmi said and bit her bottom lip, wondering if she said too much. 

“I know the story that comes after that “. Kyungmin began. “It was revealed that jerk Jo Seungmin was the one that spread all the false rumors about Nam Yuri. On top of that, he spread weird rumors about Lee Kyungwoo “. He said. “I think it was said that Nam Yuri had a hard time because Kyungwoo was very rash and violent. Eventually, it spread everywhere and even reached Kyungwoo’s ears. He confronted Jo Seungmin for all the lies and they were even at the edge of starting a bloody fight if it weren’t for Gong Jooyoung to stop him “. Then he snapped his fingers. “Ah! After all this, Kyungwoo suddenly got hospitalized “. 

“Why? Did he get ill from anger? “. Byunghoon tried to guess. 

“No, you dumb “. Kyungmin retorted and then looked up to think. “He was hurt somehow. Did they say he fell? Ah, I heard it, but I can’t remember. What was it? “. Ahram then gasped in shock after thinking of a prediction. 

“Nam Yuri’s ex-husband! They had a fight “. She exclaimed as she covered in shock. Kyungmi shook her head as Jarim looked at Ahram with seriousness. 

“Oh Ahram, stop with your over-the-top melodrama now “. 

“Oh right! I heard he got hurt while fighting with Nam Yuri “. Kyungmin exclaimed and Ahram gasped even more. 

“Does that even make sense? What’s this nonsense, out of blue? “. Minji asked in disbelief. 

“What do you mean by nonsense? A woman’s fury has always been scarier “. Kyungmin replied. 

“Yah, even if they fought, would she unleash such fury that he would get hospitalized? “. Minji retorted. 

“There are many cases of crimes of passion like that! “. Kyungmin insisted. 

“It was not Nam Yuri “. Jooyoung said in conclusion. 

“Then why did Lee Kyungwoo get hurt? Gong Jooyoung, you know right? “. Minji asked. Jooyoung glanced at everyone and responded with hesitation. 

“Actually….it was because of me “. He replied. “I accidentally pushed him and he fell from the stairs “. Kyungmi pressed her lips into a thin line as she also decided to shut up. This was better than telling the real reason why Kyungwoo got hurt. 

“What? He got hurt because of you, Gong Jooyoung? “. Kyungmin asked in disbelief. Ahram leaned back as she sighed in disappointment. 

“I thought there would be something dynamic. Boring “. 

“I’ll say “. Minji sighed at the thought. Kyungmi saw Jooyoung chuckling as he scratched the back of his neck, and she couldn’t help but smile. Surely, Gong Jooyoung should be named as the best friend of the year. Maybe that’s why she idolized him very much in her previous life. 

“The bell is going to ring “. Jarim announced to everyone. “Let’s just get up now “. She suggested. Everyone agreed as they stood up to leave. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

School ended, and everyone went their separate ways. Kyungmi decided to join Jarim and Jooyoung to head home together since they live in the same neighborhood. She looked to her left to see Jooyoung being very decayed because of his fight with Lee Kyungwoo and somehow she wanted to help him to mend their friendship. As they were exiting the school grounds, they encountered Jo Seungmin and his friends. 

 

“If it isn’t Gong Jooyoung! “. Jo Seungmin smirked as he and his friends walked toward them. “Oh! Choi Kyungmi, we met again! “. She scoffed as she glared at him. “Yah, I came to see Kyungwoo but I even got to meet you. So glad to see you “. He said. Jooyoung stayed still as he said nothing while Kyungmi clenched her fists. “Son of a b*tch, you dare hurt my friends with your rumors? I will get you someday “. “Are you still being a good lackey as usual? “. Jooyoung glanced at him as he stood up in front of Jarim to protect her. 

“I don’t have anything to say to you. Just go “. He replied. 

“Oh! What a man. Is it because there are girls here? “. Jo Seungmin mocked as he glanced at Jarim and Kyungmi. When he saw Jarim, he looked back at Jooyoung. “Is she your girlfriend? She’s freaking hot. Why is someone like her dating you? “. 

“Yah “. Kyungmi spoke as she glared at him. “If you are here to fool around, get lost before I call for security “. Seungmin laughed at her. 

“What is this b*tch saying? Now that Kyungwoo isn’t here to protect you, are you trying to act strong? “. 

“Even without his help, I can take care of myself “. Kyungmi retorted. “Unlike you, who needs back up “. She said as she glanced at his friends. 

“This b*tch seriously…”. 

“I said just go! “. Jooyoung told him. 

“What? “. Seungmin scoffed as he wrapped an arm around Jooyoung. “You grew a lot, Jooyoung “. He said as he lightly slapped him on the cheek multiple times. Kyungmi’s blood was boiling from anger as she watched the scene. 

“Yah, yah, don’t overdo it, let’s go “. The guy with glasses said, not wanting trouble. 

“Ah right “. Seungmin remembered. “You must know because he’s your best friend. About Lee Kaeng’s forehead injury. I heard it was from getting hit by his father “. Jooyoung froze for a moment before saying. Kyungmi scoffed in disbelief for revealing such confidential information. 

“Crazy bastard….”. She muttered under her breath. 

“It is not that. I pushed him down the stairs by mistake “. Jooyoung insisted but Seungmin laughed at the ridiculous excuse. 

“What are you saying? Some say he was beaten up by the guys, and you say it was the stairs? “. Seungmin said as he looked at his friend in glasses. “He said he saw it! He saw that buffoon getting hit by his father with a bottle of soju “. 

“Why would you say that, you crazy jerk? “. The friend in glasses cried out. 

“Why would you hide it? “. Seungmin asked him. Jooyoung then slapped his arm away from him and kept insisting. 

“I told you that’s not it. I said it was me “. 

“Yah! What are you doing now? “. Seungmin glared after Jooyoung did that and began pushing Jooyoung’s shoulder hard with his hand. “You’re just Lee Kyungwoo’s lackey, dammit “. Then Jarim came over and slapped Seungmin on the cheek. Kyungmi gasped as she covered with both hands. 

“This ing girl! “. Seungmin glared at her as he was about to punch her when Jooyoung blocked her and received the punch in her stead. Kyungmi looked at Jooyoung rolling on the floor and looked up to see Seungmin about to punch Jarim as well when she stepped forward and pushed him hard, to the point that he fell back. Kyungmi then stepped in front of Jarim to protect her. Seungmin scoffed as he stood up with the help of his friends but he shouted as he yanked his arms away from them before stepping in front of Kyungmi and he was about to slap her when Byunghoon came over and grabbed his wrist. “. What are you? “. He asked him. Kyungmi hissed in pain when she suddenly felt her head throbbing intensely, as blurry imagines appeared in her mind. "What is this? Is this some kind of flashbacks? ". She wondered, as this happened when Jo Seungmin tried to hit her. 

“A police car was coming earlier. What happened? “. Byunghoon asked while staring at his friends. 

“Seungmin, let’s leave “. The friend in glasses begged as he grabbed his friend’s arm. 

“, let go “. Seungmin cursed at him as he glared at Byunghoon. 

“Don’t make things blow up! “. The friend insisted. 

“ing bastards, really! “. He cursed again before leaving along with his friends. 

“Gong Jooyoung, are you alright? “. Byunghoon asked as he came over to his friend and helped him lift up. 

“I’m fine. What about you, girls? “. Jooyoung asked. 

“I’m fine “. Jarim replied as Kyungmi nodded in confirmation. Then she glanced at Jarim and saw how her hand was trembling from fear. Kyungmi sighed as she looked back at the way Seungmin left. Somehow, she was feeling terrified just like Jarim, but she decided to not show that side for the sake of everyone. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

At home, Kyungmi finished taking a shower and put her pajamas on before opening her laptop to have a video call with her friends, talking about today’s events. 

 

“That jerk of Jo Seungmin did what?! “. Seri squealed in anger. 

“Don’t even mention it. I already had a bad day because of him “. Kyungmi sighed as she applied the skincare products her mother bought for her. 

“Did that son of a b*tch do something to you? “. Yuri asked as she also frowned in anger. 

“He was about to slap me- “. 

“You know what? I’m going to kill him right now “. Yuri said as she began to stand up. 

“Yah, just let it be “. Kyungmi replied. “What’s important is that I’m fine and alive “. She concluded. 

“Can you even joke in a situation like this? “. Yuri scoffed in amusement at her optimism. “And where was that jerk of Lee Kyungwoo? “. 

“Yah, don’t be mad at him “. Kyungmi told her. “He’s a victim as well “. 

“I can’t believe you were defending him when he was the cause of the situation “. Yuri sighed as she shook her head. “Okay, fine. But you have to tell us if Jo Seungmin comes back to bother you again. I won’t let him go for what he has done “. 

“Anyway, have you talked to Kyungwoo? “. Seri asked. Kyungmi sighed as she shook her head. 

“We barely talked after the incident “. 

“Aigoo….he’s such a character “. Yuri exhaled as she crossed her arms. “I mean….doesn’t he have to at least give you an explanation for what happened? He’s your closest friend after all “. 

“And a potential future boyfriend “. Seri added, earning a click of the tongue from Kyungmi. 

“But I don’t want to force him into giving me an explanation. It’s not like he should explain anything to me “. 

“Ha….I wish you could be less nice and be more fierce “. Yuri wished. 

“Yah, at least I know where to put people in their places “. Kyungmi proudly showed off. 

“Tsk “. Yuri cluck her tongue as she shook her head. “Anyways, try to do well with that dude. I think you and Kyungwoo would look good together “. She sincerely replied. “I feel like you will be a great support to him, which I wasn’t able to “. Kyungmi cleared as she looked away since she wasn’t so sure about that. 

“She’s doubting “. Seri sighed after seeing Kyungmi’s reaction. 

“Yah, you have every right to like him. To be honest, you are too good for him “. Yuri stated. “But, I think Kyungwoo needs someone who can handle him, and that person is you “. 

“I don’t know….I feel like I’m lacking in some parts….Besides, I don’t think I can’t be 100% honest with him because I don’t even remember my past. I feel like I’m living a new identity “. 

“What’s so important about the past? You said it yourself “. Yuri said. “The past doesn’t define who you are. Then don’t try to remember it and try to create new memories, right now and in the future “. 

“Yeah “. Seri agreed with her. “What’s so good about remembering the past when you can make better memories now? “. 

“If I remember how I was in the past, I could at least change for the better “. Kyungmi pouted with sadness. “That way I won’t make the same mistakes “. 

“You won’t “. Yuri assured her. “So don’t be afraid and confess your feelings to Kyungwoo, okay? “. 

“We will support you! “. Seri cheered her up as she lifted her fists in the air. Kyungmi chuckled and she felt thankful to have supporting friends like them. She heard a knock on the door and turned around at the same time the door opened, revealing her mother smiling at her. 

“Kyungmi, you have a visitor “. 

“What? “. She blinked in confusion before looking back at her friends. “Yah, I have to go. Something came up. We will talk another time “. She bid goodbye to her friends before finishing the video call and stood up to leave her room. “Who’s visiting at this time of the day? “. She asked, wondering who was visiting this late. When she arrived at the living room, she almost jumped out of her spot after seeing Kyungwoo sitting on the couch. “Lee Kyungwoo? “. She slowly walked toward him. “What are you doing here at this time? “. She asked as she glanced between him and her mother. 

“Sorry, I just wanted to talk to you “. Kyungwoo said as he stood up while rubbing his hands over his pants. She exhaled through her nose and thought for a moment before she turned to her mother. 

“Mom, I will talk with Kyungwoo outside “. 

“Alright “. Her mother nodded in agreement before smiling at Kyungwoo. “See you around, Kyungwoo. Say hi to your mother for me “.

“Ah, yes “. He said as he bowed at the same time Kyungmi grabbed his wrist and began pulling him toward the exit. They arrived at the first floor of the building and headed outside so they could talk openly. 

“Yah, why did you come here? “. She asked as she looked at him with curiosity. “Did something happen? “. Her eyes widened when he suddenly grabbed her forearms and began scanning from head to toes. “Yah, what’s wrong with you? “.

“Did you get hurt? Did that bastard do something to you? “. He suddenly started asking. 

“What are you talking about? “. 

“I heard from Wang Jarim about what happened today “. Kyungmi sighed as she remembered there was a scene where Jarim confronts him because of the incident between Gong Jooyoung and Jo Seungmin and she sees his scar. “I guess Jarim told him that I was present too….I was trying to avoid talking to him about this situation, but I think it was a good idea since I’m able to see him so we could talk about what we had left the other day “. She thought. 

“I’m fine “. She replied as she released his hands from her arms. “Nothing happened to me “. She assured him as she brought a hand over her arm because of the cold, but he mistook this action as she was shivering from fear. She heard him exhaling loudly and looked up to see him looking away. 

“I’m sorry….all of this happened because of me “. He apologized as he looked at her with guilt. 

“No, it’s okay! “. Kyungmi shook her hands in denial. “It wasn't your fault, it was that jerk’s fault “. She insisted. “He was the one who started the fight and he was looking for it, so don’t blame yourself for a jerk like him “. Kyungwoo looked at her and chuckled in relief that she wasn’t mad at him. 

“Also….I’m sorry for being ignorant toward you these past three days “. He apologized as he looked down to the ground. “It’s just….if I began explaining the situation, I should reveal some things about my past that I don’t want you to know…”. Kyungmi softened because of his words and understood what he meant. If she was in his position, she would have acted the same. Without thinking much, she came closer to him and embraced him into a tight hug, startling the male teen. He blushed at the contact and felt his heart palpitating really faster than usual. “Yah….what are you doing? “. He asked as he felt uncomfortable by the hug but he didn’t pull away either. 

“It must have been hard for you to keep all of that to yourself….”. She started with a soft voice. “I can’t imagine the pain you had to go through “. 

“Kyungmi-ah….”. 

“I don’t care about the meaning behind the scar or that you dated Nam Yuri before. To me, you are still my precious friend Lee Kyungwoo, who I can mess with and be comfortable with “. She said as she leaned back to stare at him with her eyes focused on his now visible scar. 

“Really? Don’t you feel embarrassed to be with a friend like me? After knowing everything? “. He softly asked. 

“Why should I? “. She asked. “Everyone has their reasons, their dark past, and mistakes can happen “. She explained. “The past doesn’t define who you are now “. 

“Even if I say that this scar was made because my abusive father hit me with a bottle of soju? “. 

“Is that something to be ashamed of? “. She softly mumbled as she gave him a small smile. “That won’t change the fact that you are still you “. At that, Kyungwoo softly smiled at her and let out a soft chuckle from his lips. 

“Thank you for understanding….”. He mumbled as he looked at her. “And for always being there for me “. Kyungmi giggled as she nodded in response. 

“Always “. 

“I guess….we have a lot to talk about “. He said, referring to Nam Yuri and Jo Seungmin. At that, Kyungmi let out a long sigh. 

“Yeah….we should “. She then glanced at him. “Come on, it will be a long story “. She said as she pulled him along to go toward one of the benches of the apartment.