Chapter 12

Accidentally Changing The Story of a Web Drama

Today was the return of school for the second semester. Kyungmi got in the classroom as she waved at her classmates before heading toward her desk. 

 

“Good morning “. She greeted her friends before sitting on her desk next to Kyungwoo’s. 

“Are you happy to be back at school? “. Kyungwoo scoffed when he noticed her smiling widely. 

“No, I’m just glad to see everyone “. She simply said as she took her pencil case. 

“What is it? Are you getting school sick? “. Kyungmi gritted her teeth in annoyance as she lightly hit his arm. 

“First day of school and you are already provoking me “. 

“It’s fun to tease you “. He chuckled. She scoffed but smiled anyway. 

 

Then their homeroom teacher came when the bell rang and he greeted his students before giving an introduction of their comeback at school.

 

“Who is the class president? Is it you? “. The homeroom teacher asked while pointing at Kyungmin. He looked confused as he pointed at himself. 

“Sorry? No, sir “. He denied. 

“Teacher, it’s me “. A girl with bangs and glasses raised her hand. 

“Ah right, it’s you “. The teacher nodded in affirmation as the students laughed. 

“That was a bit too much…”. Kyungmin tilted his head to the side. 

“Write down the names of those who didn’t do their homework. Each will get two penalty points “. The teacher said to the class president. 

“Come on, teacher! “. 

“Be quiet “. He said before leaving. Kyungmi sighed as she took her backpack to take her homework out. She was glad she did it even though it was against her will. After giving her homework to the class president, she decided to go to the snack bar along with Kyungwoo and Kyungmin. They stopped short after seeing Gong Jooyoung sitting down on the stairs while frowning in frustration. They looked at each other with curiosity before heading there along with Byunghoon, who just tagged along not long ago. Kyungwoo was the first one to arrive and slapped his hand at the back of Jooyoung’s neck to catch the latter’s attention. 

“What are you doing? You look like someone who’s just been hit by reality “. Kyungwoo retorted with a scoff. Jooyoung looked at them with distress before showing them his phone screen. 

“Look at my remaining balance “. He said.  “I’m a total beggar this month “. 

“Yah, so you have 4.000 won “. Kyungwoo pointed out with a smirk as he pointed at the guys and Kyungmi. “It is perfect for you to buy us each bread “. 

“Shut up “. Jooyoung exclaimed in disbelief as he pulled his phone away from him. “I have to go on a date with Jarim this weekend, but I’m screwed right now “. 

“Ask your parents for pocket money “. Byunghoon responded with Kyungmi nodding along at his response. 

“I can’t “. Jooyoung pouted. “I already feel bad about living on my own. If they know I used all my money I’ll get scolded “. Kyungmin looked up to think before looking back at his friend. 

“Part-time job “. He responded. Jooyoung looked at him with hope as he thought it was a good idea until his expression turned sour. 

“What kind of part-time job pays in advance? “. Jooyoung retorted. “The date is this week “. 

“Ask Wang Ja to pay “. Kyungwoo replied. “It’s damn simple “. 

“Hey, I can never do that! So embarrassing “. Jooyoung whined. 

“Why is that something embarrassing? “. Kyungmi blinked in confusion. “Nowadays couples pay half and half “. 

“Still….I want to keep the concept of a cool guy “. He pouted as he looked at the four people in front of him before an idea popped out of his mind. He cleared his throat and stood up as he brought his hands together in a gentle manner. “Won’t you help out a pitiful friend of yours who is short on money for his date? “. He asked. “I barely get pocket money once a month, so he wants us to lend him money? Sorry, Jooyoung...but I have to survive too “. Kyungmi thought as she mentally sighed as she kept listening to him. “Just 40.000 won will be enough. Please lend me just 40.000 won, respected hyungmins and noonim! “. (T/N: hyungnim is a respectful term for an older male. Same goes for noonim for older female). Jooyoung exclaimed as he bowed in 90 degrees. Kyungmi turned to her left side when Kyungwoo tapped on her shoulder and nodded his head to the side, indicating her to leave. She nodded in understanding as she and the boys left him as they made their way to the snack bar. 



 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

After school, Kyungmi apologized to her friends for leaving first since she promised Seri and Yuri to hang out together. As she hopped off the bus, she arrived at Myungdong before heading toward an ice cream shop since Kyungmi begged them to have something fresh to battle the heat. She arrived and spotted them before heading toward the table. 

 

“Sorry, did I make you wait? “. 

“No, you arrived on time “. Seri assured her as she passed her a cup of her favorite ice cream: cherry bomb. 

“Aw~ you are the best “. Kyungmi squealed as she threw her heart from her fingers. The girls chuckled while shaking their heads. “By the way, how was your first day of school? “.

“It was good, nothing special “. Yuri commented while glancing at Seri. “Although, we now got closer thanks to you “. 

“Really? “. Kyungmi’s eyes widened as she clapped in excitement. “That's so nice! No wonder you invited Yuri “. 

“Just like you said, we are amending friendships “. Seri smiled. “It feels like our first year of middle school, right? “. 

“Right “. Yuri agreed with a smile. “How about you? “. She asked Kyungmi. 

“Just the usual, starting with giving homework and just learning “. Kyungmi shrugged her shoulders. “Ah, right. What are we going to do today? “. 

“Yuri and I were talking and we thought about going to a karaoke room, what do you think? “. 

“Sounds good “. Kyungmi nodded in agreement. “Then let’s have some pizza, how about that? “. 

“Oh! I was craving for some pizza! “. Seri clapped in excitement. “Since I’ve been dieting for this summer, I avoided eating anything that has carbs “. 

“Aigoo~ It’s because you wanted to look good for your boyfriend, right? “. Yuri wiggled her eyebrows.

“Oh my, was that obvious? “. Seri asked as she rested her hands over her cheeks. 

“A little? “. Kyungmi slowly nodded before pretending to hit her. “Are you trying to show off that you have a boyfriend in front of two single girls? “. 

“Hey, it wasn’t my fault that you weren’t interested in the boys I introduced you to “. Seri complained as Kyungmi slowly nodded in agreement. 

“I’ve been wondering….why don’t you want to date? “. Yuri asked. 

“Should I have a reason? “. She scoffed in amusement at the question. “I’m just not interested, that’s all “. 

“Still, you should experience high school love! “. Seri insisted. 

“I agree “. Yuri hummed as she took her phone and began searching through her contacts. “I know some guys that might match with you. Want me to set you up? “. 

“No, and from now on, blind dates are forbidden “. Kyungmi warned them as she pointed at them. “Don’t even try to set me up with someone “. 

“Alright “. Yuri gave up as she began eating her ice cream. She looked up and froze when she saw a familiar face. “Yah, let’s go “. She mumbled as she grabbed Seri’s arm.

“Huh? “. The girls looked puzzled at her. 

“Come on “. Yuri stood up as she grabbed both girls’ wrists and dragged them out of the ice cream shop. 

“Wait! What about the ice cream? “. Kyungmi looked back, but she looked at a tall guy with tan skin and black short hair, with the look of danger in his expression. He seems familiar to Kyungmi but she couldn’t remember his name. When the girls were out, Yuri exhaled with relief as the girls looked at her for answers. 

“Yah, what was that? Was there someone you knew? “. Seri asked as she massaged her wrist. 

“Jo Seungmin “. Yuri mumbled and Seri turned to her with widened eyes. 

“J-Jo Seungmin? That jerk that spread ridiculous rumors about you?! “. Yuri sighed as she closed her eyes. 

“Jo Seungmin? “. Then Kyungmi’s eyes widened. “Right! Jo Seungmin! That guy was Kyungwoo’s friend from middle school until they got into a fight because both of them liked Yuri, but because Yuri ended up dating Kyungwoo, the former got jealous and began spreading absurd rumors about them “. Kyungmi turned around and looked back at Jo Seungmin laughing along with his friends. “That jerk….”. 

“Kyungmi, let’s just go “. Seri said as she linked arms with Kyungmi. 

“Huh? Oh “. She nodded in understanding as she took a glance at the guy one more time before walking away along with her friends.

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

A few days after the encounter, Kyungmi kept thinking about the Jo Seungmin she saw yesterday. “Wow~ what a coincidence that I saw him there….I suppose that we will meet soon then….”. She sighed at the thought and rubbed her forehead in tiredness. She then went through her backpack to look for her earphones to listen to music but frowned when she couldn’t find them. “That’s weird…..I put them here “. She thought as she looked for every single pocket of the backpack and she even looked under her desk. “Did I leave them at home? But I used them during the morning….”. She snapped from her thoughts when a strawberry flavored bread landed on her desk and she looked up to see Kyungwoo sitting next to her while holding another bread in hand. 

 

“What are you thinking so deeply? “. He asked. 

“Ah….nothing “. She shook her head with a smile before taking the bread. “But what’s this for? “. 

“Someone stole my corndog and since it was out of stock, I bought these, thinking you might be hungry “. 

“And what about the sausage bread from the bet? “. 

“Yah, if this oppa is giving you food, the least you can do is to say thank you, don't you think? “. 

“Oppa, my “. She scoffed as she opened the package. “Thank you “. She was about to take a bite when the bread that was in her hands suddenly disappeared. She blinked as she looked up and saw Jooyoung running away with her bread. “What’s with that idiot? “. She sighed. 

“That moron, seriously….”. Kyungwoo glared at him for stealing her bread and stood up to chase him when she grabbed his arm and forced him to sit down. 

“Nevermind “. She told him as she took out a bag of cookies from her backpack and opened them to eat. “Is it because he’s short of money? “. She asked, referring to Jooyoung. 

“I guess “. He sighed as he munched on his bread. “He spent lots of money in Jarim that he turned into a beggar “. “Right...I forgot about this scene “. “Yah, you want to go outside? “. 

“Sure “. She nodded as she put her cookies back into her backpack before following him. As both of them walked through the path of the school’s yard, they spotted Ahn Kyungmin sitting on the bench alone. “Hi, Kyungmin “. She greeted as she sat next to him while Kyungwoo sat next to her. 

“What brings you here? “. Kyungmin asked while eyeing them. 

“Just wanted to take some air “. Kyungwoo said. “Yah, do you want to watch a game broadcast? “. 

“About LOL? “. Kyungmin asked. When Kyungwoo nodded, he agreed. 

“Is it from Faker? “. Kyungmi asked. 

“Yeah, he uploaded a video of himself playing LOL yesterday “. 

“No wonder, yesterday I received a notification of it from Youtube but I couldn’t see it because I was tired “. 

“Are you a Faker’s fan? “. Kyungmin blinked at her. 

“Of course! Thanks to his tactics, I was able to keep leveling up in LOL “. 

“No wonder you would beat us all “. Kyungmin scoffed. “Are you at the level of a Master or something? “

“Almost “. Kyungmi beamed. “I just need a few more levels and I will get it “. 

“Gosh, never heard of a girl to be so excited about games “. Kyungmin shook his head. 

“Yah, shut up. I’m going to play it now “. Kyungwoo said as he played the video. They were so focused that they didn’t notice Minji and Ahram heading toward them. Kyungmi was so focused watching the video to even see Minji’s jealous gaze toward her. 

“What are you guys watching? “. Minji asked. 

“Gaming broadcast “. Kyungwoo replied without looking at her. 

“I know that much. I meant to ask what game it is “.

“LOL “. Kyungmi simply replied with her eyes glued to the screen. 

“Who is playing? Let’s watch it together! “. Minji suggested. 

“Tsk. Would you understand anything from watching? “. Kyungwoo mocked as he pointed at Kyungmi. “You should be like Kyungmi to at least understand something “. 

“Yah “. Kyungmi nudged him on the ribs. 

“Yah, I also like LOL! “. Minji retorted. 

“Really? “. Kyungmi looked surprised at her. “Then why didn’t you say that before? I would have asked you to come to play too “. 

“That’s…. I was embarrassed to say “. Minji said while scratching the back of her neck. 

“Really? Then what’s your tier? “. Kyungwoo asked. 

“Uh….what was my tier again? “. She nervously chuckled while eyeing Ahram for help. 

“If you’re that uninterested in it, then you’re definitely Iron “. Kyungmin teased as he crossed his arms. Kyungmi frowned as she also nudged him in his arm. 

“Does it mean you’re good if you’re Iron? “. Ahram asked. 

“No, if you’re Iron, Gosh…”. Kyungmin shook his head. “If you don’t know that, can you just get lost? “. Ahram looked at him with a blank expression as she held out her fist. 

“How about an iron fist? “. She asked and Kyungmin turned to the side, blocking with his arms to protect himself. 

“Then...what’s your tier? “. Minji asked. 

“I and Kyungmi are in the Diamond tier “. Kyungwoo explained. “While Kyungmin is in the Platinum tier. I suppose you know that, right? “. Minji said nothing as she looked down at her can of soda with a pout. “Anyway, if you play LOL, want to come to the internet cafe this weekend? “. 

“This weekend? Shall I? “. Minji looked at him with slight hope. 

“Okay. Then I’ll contact you this weekend “. He said. 

“Okay “. Minji nodded with a slight grin on her face before Ahram and her left. Kyungmi watched them leave before turning to Kyungwoo. 

“Oh~ are you inviting her on a date? “. Kyungmi asked while crossing her arms with a smirk on her face. 

“Are you crazy? Why would I? “. Kyungwoo looked at her with a frown. 

“Huh? Then what was the reason to invite her? “. 

“What else? To pair her up with Sanghoon “. He simply replied. Kyungmi slightly frowned as she looked in the direction Minji left. 

“Yah, wouldn’t that make her uncomfortable? “. 

“If you want, you can come too “. Kyungwoo said. “It will be fun to play with the four of us “. 

“Sure…”. She said as she tilted her head to the side. She felt this kind of setting was totally unnecessary and that will only hurt Minji even more. “Just hoping that she doesn’t take it as a bad thing….”. 

“Ah, another thing “. Kyungwoo looked at her. “My mom wants to invite you for dinner. As thanks for sending the side dishes “. 

“Will it be alright? “. She asked with concern. “I wouldn’t like to bother “. 

“Don’t worry, she practically adores you more than me “. He scoffed. 

“What are you saying? “. She chuckled as she shook her head. “Sure, I will go “. She nodded in agreement.

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Kyungmi looked at him right with amusement as she watched how Jooyoung was hungrily devouring his bowl of rice along with side dishes. She wondered how he was able to endure his hunger all day. Kyungwoo, who was sitting across from her, scoffed at the sight and shook his head. 

 

“Yah, are you a pig? Eat slowly “. He retorted. 

“Yeah, Jooyoung-ah “. Kyungmi agreed with him. “Or you will get indigestion “. 

“Don’t worry “. He laughed before continuing in digging in. Kyungmi sighed with defeat and began eating as well. 

“Wow~ it makes me happy to see both of you eating so well “. Kyungwoo’s mother beamed as she saw the plates of the side dishes almost empty. Kyungmi just flashed her a soft smile as she chewed some rice when Kyungwoo commented. 

“Jooyoung drank most of them. Kyungmi barely ate anything “. He sighed as he took a piece of seafood pancake before placing it on her bowl of rice. “Eat up before he finishes all of them “. 

“Oh….thank you “. She nodded in gratitude before she began eating. Kyungwoo exhaled through his nose with a small smile before he dug in as well. Kyungwoo’s mother looked at both teenagers before a smile of knowledge appeared on her face. 

“Kyungmi-ah “. His mother called her, earning the teenager’s attention. “I heard from your mom that your birthday is this Saturday “. She commented and both male teens looked at her with surprise. “Your mom invited me for dinner on Saturday, so is there anything you would like to eat? “. 

“Excuse me? “. Kyungmi blinked in confusion. “Hold up….Since when an extra like me gets to celebrate birthdays? Writer, what’s your motive now? “. “Ah…..”. 

“Wait, your birthday is this Saturday? “. Kyungwoo stared at her in disbelief. “Why didn’t you tell me? “. 

“I guess I forgot about it….”. Kyungmi nervously laughed as she scratched the back of her head. 

“Yah….”. Kyungwoo sighed as he was speechless of how she forgot her own birthday. 

“Are you going to do anything special that day? “. Kyungwoo’s mother asked. 

“I guess I will just spend it on my own and do something with my friends on Sunday “. 

“Really? Still...you should do something on your day “. Kyungwoo’s mother pursed her lips out after hearing her response. 

“I’m fine with just spending it with my mom “. Kyungmi assured her with a smile. “Even Auntie is coming, so what more can I ask? “. Kyungwoo’s mother smiled with appreciation and promised her to prepare something delicious that day. 

“Then let’s hang out with the crew during dinner on Sunday! “. Jooyoung suggested. 

“Sure “. Kyungmi nodded in agreement and continued eating. Kyungwoo exhaled through his nose as he wondered what he should give her for her birthday. 

 

The three teenagers walked out of Kyungwoo’s house to part ways. Kyungmi and Jooyoung turned around to face Kyungwoo as they gave their thanks for the invitation. 

 

“Tell your mother to thank you for dinner “. Jooyoung commented as Kyungmi nodded in affirmation. 

“It’s 10,000 won “. Kyungwoo retorted. Jooyoung’s eyes widened in disbelief. 

“Are you crazy? I couldn’t even eat properly “. He retorted before looking up at the sky. “Thinking about how I’ll have to see Jarim without money, I couldn’t swallow the food “. Kyungmi scoffed in disbelief after hearing him let out a hiccup. 

“What are you saying when you even ate my share of the food? “. Kyungwoo retorted. “Yah, stop wallowing in self-pity. You have many nice clothes “. He responded. “Sell a few on second-hand goods sites. It should get you enough money for your date “. 

“Oh! “. Jooyoung looked at him with respect. “You are a genius! Thanks, friend! “. Jooyoung exclaimed in happiness as he crushed punches with Kyungwoo. “By the way, what is your mom making for tomorrow’s breakfast? “. 

“What? “. Kyungwoo asked him with disbelief. “You even want us to feed you breakfast too? “. Kyungmi sighed as she shook her head before facing Kyungwoo. 

“I should get going then. Thank your mother for the food in my regard “. 

“Okay “. He nodded in understanding. “See you tomorrow “. 

“Bye Kyungmi~ “. Jooyoung waved at her as she waved them back before turning around to head toward her apartment. Once she left, Jooyoung turned around to face his friend with a smirk on his face. 

“What? “. Kyungwoo looked at him with curiosity. Jooyoung exhaled as he crossed his arms as had a smirk of knowledge drawn on his face. 

“When are you going to confess to her~? “. He sang as Kyungwoo rolled his eyes in annoyance. 

“Confession, my “. He retorted. “Why that suddenly? “. 

“Why do you think so? I just witnessed honey dripping out from your eyes “. Jooyoung replied. 

“What are you saying? “. Kyungwoo scoffed in disbelief as he softly smacked the back of his friend’s head. “Stop writing fan fiction and go home “. 

“Tsk...just admit that you like her “. Jooyoung retorted as he pouted while rubbing the back of his head. “It’s so obvious you like her that I’m afraid everyone is going to find that out “. Kyungwoo sighed as he looked away. To be honest, he has been going crazy with that situation for a long time, but he didn’t know if it would be a good idea to confess to her or just stay as friends. The last thing he wanted was drawing a line between them. “Just confess to her. You wouldn’t know how she feels if you don’t do it “. 

“Ha ... .fine. But not now “. Kyungwoo replied. “Until I feel like I’m ready to tell her everything, then I will “. Jooyoung pursed his lips out as he knew what he was referring to. Kyungwoo exhaled through his nose as he looked at the direction Kyungmi left and a lot of thoughts were running in his mind. 



 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

The weekend came and Minji was feeling excited. She made sure to dress perfectly to impress Kyungwoo and made sure she looked pretty. After finding the location of the internet cafe, she entered and spotted him right away. She walked toward him and noticed that he was already playing. 

 

“Did you already start? “. Minji slightly pouted. 

“Ah, you came? You also join quickly. Loser buys lunch “. He said. 

“Deal “. She smiled as she sat next to him. As she sat down, she took a glance at him and her smile deepened by how handsome he looked. She felt her heart racing fast as she didn’t know what to do. 

“Yah “. He called her. 

“Huh? “. 

“Aren’t you going to play? “. 

“Oh….I will “. She nodded before taking the headphones and wearing them as she began to log in. 

 

Meanwhile, Kyungmi was getting ready to go out when Kyungwoo invited her to the internet cafe. Somehow, she felt uneasy about how things will turn out if Sanghoon appears and she didn’t want to be present when seeing Minji’s sour reaction about it. 

 

Should I just say that I want to rest? Or that I have a meeting with some friends to celebrate my birthday? Yeah, that will be better “. She nodded as she took her phone out to text him when she received a message from him. 

 

L.K: Make sure you come to the internet cafe or I will drag you here myself. 

 

“Aish….I’m going crazy seriously….”. She bit her bottom lip as she surrendered and texted him that she will be there in twenty minutes. Standing up from her vanity, she grabbed her purse and walked out of her room. 

 

Back in the internet cafe, Kyungwoo and Minji finished a round and Kyungwoo chuckled. 

 

“Wow, did you show off even though you’re unranked? “. He asked. 

“I told you earlier that I created a new ID because I forgot my password “. She said while taking the headphones off her. 

“Ah~ and such a high-ranking person lost to a minion? How many meals do you plan on buying me? “. He retorted. 

“It’s because I haven’t warmed up enough yet. Let’s get to it some more “. She insisted. Kyungwoo hummed as he checked his wristwatch. 

“Leave it. I have to leave because I have an appointment “. He said while taking the headphones away from him. 

“Huh? You’re leaving? We played only one game though “. She pouted. 

“Don’t worry. The next contestant is waiting “. He said as he turned around when he heard the sound of the door opening, and saw Sanghoon entering along with Kyungmi. They happened to meet when they arrived at the same time in front of the internet cafe. “He’s right on time “. Minji slightly frowned when Sanghoon appeared as the latter waved at her. 

“Hi! “. He said. 

“Oh! Minji, you really came! “. Kyungmi beamed but inside she was worried. “I knew her reaction would turn sour “. She mentally sighed. Then Kyungwoo stood up and went to Sanghoon before resting a hand over his friend’s shoulder. 

“Then I am passing the lunch I won to Sanghoon “. Kyungwoo said. “Yah, Sanghoon. You can just let Yang Minji buy you food “. 

“What? “. Minji asked, slightly offended by his comment. 

“No, it’s fine, you don’t have to buy food “. Sanghoon nervously said as he shook his hands in denial. “Ignore Kyungwoo’s words “. 

“You guys figure it out “. Kyungwoo said. “Kyungmi and I are off now“. 

“What? “. Kyungmi blinked at him in confusion. “I thought you said you wanted to play “. 

“I’m hungry, let’s go “. He said as he grabbed her shoulders, turned her around and began pushing her toward the door. 

“Yah, wait! “. She protested as she turned around to see Minji pulling an expression of annoyance as they left. Then Sanghoon slowly sat down on Kyungwoo’s spot as he looked for words that would make Minji feel less awkward. 

“Sorry. I came because Kyungwoo called me, but I didn’t know that the situation was like this “. He explained as Minji sighed. “Are you uncomfortable because of me? Shall we just leave? “. 

“Ah, no “. She replied. “It’s not like that. It’s okay “. She said as she forced a smile. 

“Then shall we play together? “. He suggested. 

“Shall we? “. She then put on the headphones again and Sanghoon mimicked her gestures. Minji frowned when she saw a rude comment, pointing out how bad she plays. 

 

Gosh, you’re damn bad at this. Stop playing you crazy cow “. 

 

With rage, she began typing furiously at the gamer. 

 

Yah, you f**ker! You have a death wish?! “. 

 

She blew a raspberry of anger as she tried to calm down. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

Meanwhile, Kyungmi and Kyungwoo were walking on the streets, wandering around without a plan in mind. 

 

“Yah, if your plan was this, why did you even invite me? “. Kyungmi pouted as she wished to have stayed home and taken a rest. 

“What do you think? I asked you to come out to celebrate your birthday “. He commented. Kyungmi blinked at him with confusion as she halted her steps. 

“What? “. She asked. “Yah, you know that we can hang out tomorrow too, right? “. 

“Let’s say that I don’t want you to spend your birthday with just your mom “. Kyungwoo revealed as he turned around and began walking forward. “Come on, I made a reservation “. Kyungmi frowned in confusion and tilted her head to the side as she followed him. They arrived at a burger joint, heading to a booth and sitting down. Kyungmi looked at the place and wondered if this was one of those luxury burger joints that served unique burgers. “Choose anything you want to eat “. She looked back at Kyungwoo, who was staring back at her while holding out a menu card. 

“Oh….thanks “. She said as she accepted the menu card and took glances at it to see what they served. “This place is crazy…..how am I supposed to eat at a luxurious place like this? “. She bit her bottom lip as she stared at the prices of the dishes and wondered if all of them were made of gold. The waitress came over with a welcoming smile and asked them if they wanted to order. 

“I want a Korean style burger with cola “. Kyungwoo replied and then looked at Kyungmi. “You? “. 

“Huh? “. Kyungmi looked at him with surprise before staring between the waitress and the menu card. “I will get the Mexican burger and water “. 

“Water? “. Kyungwoo frowned at her. 

“I like drinking water “. She replied as she saw that water in this place was a free service. Kyungwoo sighed before looking at the waitress. 

“A Mexican burger and lemonade, please “. 

“Perfect “. The waitress bowed at them, retrieved the menu cards from them and walked away. 

“Yah, I was fine with just water “. Kyungmi protested him for changing her beverage. 

“I know you chose water because it’s free “. He retorted with his arm crossed. “Don’t worry about the prices. We came here because I wanted to invite you for a meal “. 

“But it’s expensive….”. She replied as she played with her fingers while eyeing around the place. 

“It’s your birthday “. He replied as if it was something obvious. “You deserve to eat something delicious “. Kyungmi’s heart kind of skipped a beat, feeling the warmth from how he was taking care of her on her birthday. “My heart, please stop beating like this….”. Kyungmi thought as she rubbed her chest while blowing raspberries to calm her heart down. Later, the burgers came and they began to dig in. They acknowledged how delicious the burgers were and complimented that they should come back here someday. 

“By the way, will we go home after lunch, right? “. Kyungmi asked as she was eating half of her burger, already thinking that they would go back home after this since they will see each other at dinner. 

“Ah~ “. He swallowed the food he had in his mouth before answering her. “We are going to watch a movie “. 

“W-What? “. Kyungmi stuttered as she dropped her hamburger on her plate. “But we didn’t buy any tickets “. 

“I did “. He simply said while munching on the burger. “Since it’s your birthday, I’m the one paying for the tickets and the popcorn “. 

“You could have told me this in advance, you know? “. Kyungmi mumbled as she grabbed a napkin and cleaned with it. 

“Why would I? I know you would say no and stay home “. 

“At least you know “. She scoffed. Kyungwoo stopped eating as he put his burger down and cleaned his hands with a napkin. 

“I just didn’t want you to spend your birthday alone “. He confessed. She slightly frowned when he said that. “I once celebrated my birthday on my own….I just didn’t feel like celebrating it with friends and my parents were both busy at that time...but I realized that being alone on your birthday kind of ... “. He explained. “So I didn’t want you to feel lonely “. Kyungmi couldn’t help but chuckle at his cute intentions. She found him cute but funny at the same time. “Was Lee Kyungwoo always this thoughtful and sweet? “. “Why are you laughing? “. He asked in confusion. 

“Because I find you cute “. She said while resting her arms over the table. “I don’t remember Lee Kyungwoo being this thoughtful to anyone “. It was Kyungwoo’s time to chuckle. 

“Well...I’m not, just with you “. At those words, Kyungmi froze. “W-What was that? Was that a c-confession? No way ....”. “Yah, if you are done eating, let’s go. The movie will start soon “. He stood up. 

“Huh? Oh….”. She nodded as she stood up as well and accompanied him as she watched him pay for the meal. She was so confused right now. She had a feeling that Kyungwoo likes her in a romantic way and she was afraid that she was developing feelings for him too. “No! I can't, I already changed too much of the original story! Although I think I have feelings for him, I can’t risk changing the story anymore...plus, it might be temporary since he might end up with another person... What should I do? ”. 

 

Both of them arrived at the cinema as Kyungwoo went to buy popcorn and soda. “Should I tell him I have someone else in mind? But what if I’m overreacting? “. She mentally sighed. 

 

“I brought the popcorn, you like it being salty, right? “.

“Yeah….”. She hated even more that he was aware of the things she likes and dislikes. She shook the thought to the side and looked at him. “Anyway, what are we going to watch? “. 

“Peninsula, you said you wanted to watch that movie “. 

“I did….but will you be okay? “. 

“What do you mean? “. He blinked. 

“You seem to be the type to get scared pretty easily “. She joked. 

“Yah, are you ignoring my bravery? Of course I can watch horror films “. He insisted. 

“If you say so “. She nodded in understanding before heading toward the auditorium. 

“I’m being serious though….”. He scoffed as he followed her. 

 

After two hours, Kyungmi came out as normal while Kyungwoo was shivering in fear. All he did was scream for two hours. 

 

“You said it wasn’t scary “. She pointed out in a mocking way. 

“W-Who would have thought that there would be tons of zombies in the movie?! “. 

“Yah, that’s a given to have as many zombies in a ‘zombie’ movie “. She emphasized. “You should have chosen a movie that is less scary for you, because of you I went through an embarrassment of apologizing to everyone in the cinema because of your screams “. She sighed. “Plus, who walks out of the auditorium in the middle of the movie? “. 

“T-That’s because I needed to go to the bathroom! “. He responded. 

“Sure, sure “. She chortled as she shook her head. “But still, I had fun today “. 

“You did? “. 

“Yeah “. She assured him. “Thanks for today “. 

“No problem “. At last, he was finally able to smile, forgetting about the scary movie. 

“Let’s go back now, it’s kind of getting late “. She said as she watched her wristwatch. “And it’s almost time for dinner “. 

“Sure “. He nodded in agreement, as he felt kind of excited to spend more time with her. The both of them walked out of the cinema and headed on their way to Kyungmi’s house to meet their mothers. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

The next day, Kyungmi promised to Seri and Yuri to meet up to celebrate her birthday during lunch while she will meet the crew during dinner. As expected, both girls took her to a fancy cafe, which had the vibes of a European coffee shop that served elegant delicacies. Aside from that, they gifted her an album with lots of pictures of her, which Kyungmi really appreciated since she never received something like that in her previous life. After lunch, she bid goodbye to them as she made her way to her second destination, which was an arcade place that served pizza and lots of arcade games. She arrived at the place after hopping off the bus and made her way inside to find her friends. 

 

“Where are they? “. Kyungmi wondered as she looked around to find her friends. 

“Kyungmi-ah! “. Kyungmi turned to her left to see Ahram waving eagerly at her. She smiled at her while waving at her and made her way to the table where everyone was. “Happy birthday! “. Ahram exclaimed as she tightly hugged her. 

“Thanks “. Kyungmi thanked her as the rest of the girls came over to congratulate her. 

“Come on, let’s take a seat! “. Jinhee insisted as she guided them to their table. Kyungmi sat down at the front of the table with the rest to the sides. 

“Thank you so much for doing this “. Kyungmi commented after seeing the table filled with pizza, snacks, and a cake. 

“The least we can do for our little friend “. Byunghoon replied with a smile of pride. 

“But I wonder why you decided to celebrate it in an arcade “. Minji asked the guys as she looked around the place, thinking it would have been better to celebrate it in a coffee shop or in a restaurant. 

“Yah, aren’t you being too mean? “. Kyungmin cried out in disbelief. “Don’t you know a lot of people come here to celebrate birthdays? “. 

“It was my mistake to let you choose the location “. Minji sighed in defeat. Kyungmi chuckled at their bickering. 

“What’s wrong in celebrating it here? I’m already liking it “. She responded before looking at Kyungmin. “Well done “. She told him as he gave her his thumbs up. 

“Yah, since she’s here, let’s dig in. The food will get cold “. Kyungwoo replied and everyone agreed as they began to eat. He, who was the closest to Kyungmi,  took a piece of pepperoni pizza and put it on her plate, surprising the latter. 

“Oh...thank you….”. She murmured. Kyungwoo smirked before taking a piece of pizza for himself. Kyungmi felt her cheeks getting warm and touched them with a hand to cool them down. 

“Is it hot in here, isn’t it? “. Ahram said after seeing her red cheeks and passed her a cup of soda. “Here, drink this “. 

“Oh, thanks “. Kyungmi thanked her in appreciation as she took a large gulp of the Sprite while trying to ignore her palpitating heart. 

 

The group finished their food and it was time to play some games. Kyungmi joined Byunghoon and Jinhee for a moto race, while the rest were dispersed in other corners, playing different kinds of games. 

“I won! “. Kyungmi exclaimed as she lifted her arms in the air after arriving at the goal of the race. Byunghoon and Jinhee exclaimed in displeasure for losing as they were asking for a second round. Kyungmi was about to agree with them when someone called her. 

“Yah, Kyung~ Let’s play Street Fighter “. Kyungwoo told her after approaching them. 

“Oh...sure “. Kyungmi nodded in agreement as she told the pair that she will be back for a second race before following Kyungwoo behind. They arrived at the arcade machine and Kyungwoo put some coins to start the game. 

“Are you ready? “. He asked her with an expression of challenge. 

“Always “. She smirked as she got ready to play. The game started and the only sounds they could hear were their fingers furiously tapping the buttons while screaming in plead to not die. Those teenagers were so immersed in the game to even notice the gaze of jealousy from Minji toward them. “Since when were they so close to each other? “. Minji wondered as she looked at Kyungwoo throwing smiles at Kyungmi, who was whining about losing the first round. “Wait a moment….am I getting jealous? No way! It’s not like I’m in love with that snooty boy! What’s so great about him? It was my mistake to agree to go to the internet cafe with him. What was I expecting from him? “. Minji sighed as she nodded in agreement. “Right, Minji-ah. You are doing the right thing. He’s not worth it “. She heard the commotion of Kyungmi jumping in excitement and in victory for winning the next round while Kyungwoo looked bitter about losing. Minji stared at him for a few moments before shaking her head and turning her attention to the game she was playing with Ahram. 

“That’s so refreshing “. Kyungmi laughed as she and Kyungwoo made their way back to the table to get some refreshments. 

“Yah, I just let you win because it’s your birthday “. Kyungwoo retorted as he sat down in his spot. 

“Sure, sure “. Kyungmi mocked as she sat down as well. “Just admit it. I’m good at every single game “. 

“Not in Overwatch “. Kyungwoo pointed out.

“Soon I will be “. She told him with a challenging expression, which earned a chuckle from the former. 

“Yah “. He called her as he watched her drinking her beverage. 

“What? “. She looked at him with curiosity. He turned to his left to get a small carton bag and pushed it toward her. “What’s this? “. She asked as she accepted the bag and opened it. She frowned in confusion as she took out a pink-colored phone case with small dots of fake diamonds drawing a dog. 

“Your present “. He replied. 

“I was expecting gems from LoL and a few skins from Fortnite, but….it’s pretty “. Kyungmi hummed as she attentively looked at the phone case. “I like it, to be honest “. 

“Good “. He nodded in relief as he took the phone case. “Give me your phone “. Kyungmi obediently passed her phone to him as she let him install the phone case for her. To be honest, she wasn’t a fan of fancy phone cases, especially when they had diamond decorations or they were in colors like pink or light blue. But she could let this slip since it was a present from Kyungwoo. And because it was her first phone case and the first time she ever got a present from a friend. He finished installing the phone case on her cellphone and passed it to her. 

“Thanks “. Kyungmi told him as she looked at her phone’s new skin. “How did you come up with this? “. 

“I thought it would be a good idea to get you one since you are the only one without a phone case “. He pointed out. “Why didn’t you get one though? “. 

“What’s the point of having one when my phone will crack sooner or later? “. She retorted. “Plus, I’m not so fancy about phone cases. I would rather have headphones or keyboards for video games “. She responded, making him chuckle at her response. “What? “. She arched an eyebrow. 

“You are unique, that’s for sure “. He replied with a laugh. 

“Did you figure it out just now? “. She scoffed with a smile before putting her phone in the pocket of her trousers and standing up. “Come on, we have to go for the third round of Street Fighter “. Kyungwoo watched her with amusement, and he swore that he was falling more in love with her, and wondered if he would be able to hide those feelings well. 

“Going “. He replied as he stood up as well and followed her. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Kyungmi sighed in contentment as she walked back home along with Kyungwoo, Jarim, and Jooyoung. She wished to arrive home soon since she has been carrying all her presents with both hands. As if her thoughts could be heard, Kyungwoo unannouncedly took some of her bags to help her. 

 

“Oh? I’m fine though “. Kyungmi replied as she tried to get her bags back when Kyungwoo pulled them away from her. 

“Leave it. It’s better than seeing you struggling “.  He replied, making her heart flutter….if it weren’t for his next words. “You look ugly when you are struggling. Why to carry all these bags when you are a tiny elf? “. 

“What? “. Kyungmi looked offended. “Tiny elf? Come here “. She said as she tried to punch him in the arm but he evaded it, annoying her even more. 

“They are starting again “. Jooyoung sighed as he looked at the pair with slight annoyance for their bickering. “Yah, can’t you act more civilized? “. He asked, earning their attention. “Look at Jarim. She behaves like a civilized lady in a public place! “. He pointed at an unfazed Jarim staring at him. “You guys should behave like her “. Kyungmi scoffed in disbelief as she slowly nodded. 

“Ah~ so you are bragging that your girlfriend acts like a person, unlike the three of us? Is that it? “. She asked. 

“Wait, why are you including me? “. Jooyoung blinked in confusion. 

“Were you ever considered as a civilized person? “. She retorted as she stuck out her tongue, earning a laugh from Kyungwoo. 

“Yah! “. Jooyoung whined. 

“Enough “. Jarim sighed as they almost arrived at their neighborhood. “I feel like I’m taking care of three children “. 

“So that means I'm a cute child? “. Jooyoung cutely asked as he tried to act cutely toward her. Kyungmi and Kyungwoo frowned in disgust as Jarim had the expression of ‘I’m so done with this dude’.

“Do you want to receive a punch as a prize for acting cute? “. Jarim asked with a forced smile as she showed him her fist. Jooyoung laughed it off as he slowly retracted himself away from her. The four teenagers arrived at the front of Jooyoung’s place, and Kyungmi and Kyungwoo decided to bid goodbye to the couple there since Jooyoung told Jarim to stay with him for a few more minutes. As they began walking in the direction of Kyungmi’s apartment, Kyungwoo began speaking. 

“You seemed to have enjoyed your birthday party “. 

“Indeed, I did “. She nodded in agreement. “I don’t remember celebrating my birthday like that “. 

“Really? “. He looked at her with surprise. “Not even with that friend of yours? That Kang Seri? “. 

“Yeah “. She nodded in confirmation. “I guess after my dad passed away, I lost the feeling of celebrating my birthday “. She hummed at the thought. “That’s why I don’t really remember the date “. 

“It must have been hard for you, to live without your dad “. He commented with a blank expression. 

“Hmm….it was at first “. She replied with a nod as she looked up at the sky before looking at her friend with a grin. “But then, I just accepted it. What’s important now is that I have my mom, and you guys “. At her response, Kyungwoo couldn’t help but smile. He somehow felt important after hearing it. 

“Of course, you do “. He replied. “Who couldn’t resist having a friend like me? “. He said as he tried to do a cool pose. Kyungmi frowned in disgust before punching him in the arm. 

“Aigoo~ I will retract my words “. She responded as she took the rest of the bags from him. “Now go. Your mom must be waiting “. 

“Okay “. He chuckled as he rested his hands in the pockets of his pants. “See you tomorrow at school then “. 

“Yeah, bye “. She waved at him with a smile of tiredness before turning around to head toward the inside of the building. He watched her get in and let out a sigh of concern. He has been worried about his feelings toward her lately, and it was getting harder by each day. He knew that Kyungmi had zero feelings toward him, at least, that’s what he thinks by seeing her behavior toward him. So it was quite disappointing to be the only one with one-sided love. 

“What should I do, Kyungmi? “. He murmured under his breath. “I know you just want to be friends….but I don’t think I will be able to keep being just friends with you anymore….”. 



 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Monday came again and Kyungmi’s classmates were having a discussion of what to do at the festival they will have in a few days. 

 

“Guys, give some ideas for the class meeting. No one? “. The class president asked. “Come on, participate a bit. I’m tired “. Then Kyungmin raised his hand. 

“Each class gets a 200,000 won support fund, right? Then what about choosing a representative for each class and holding a combat competition? Amazing, right? And we’ve got the victory unconditionally secured, I tell you “. He said while pointing at Ahram. “We take an admission fee and make people bet too “. 

“Yah, if we give food to her as her fighting fee, then it’ll be cheap for us! “. Kyungwoo joked. Ahram looked at them with a blank expression as she threw her bag of chips on her desk. 

“I don’t need a fighting fee to make you guys shut up “. She commented as she made sounds with her knuckles. Kyungmin got a little scared and looked away from her. 

“Yah, this might be fun “. The class president said with sarcasm. “We will get reported for school violence also. Don’t joke around “. Then Jinhee brought an idea. 

“Let’s do nail art. There are many people in our class that go to beauty academy “. 

“Ah! I like the idea! “. Minji squealed in excitement. “Let’s do nail art “. 

“Nail art? It does sound good, but everyone in the class should have a role “. The class president insisted. “Let’s keep that on the side for now and think of what to do as the main activity “. 

“Let’s just do a cafe just like other classes. Yah, Kyungmi, Lee Kyungwoo, you guys have worked part-time in a cafe, right? “. Ahram asked as she turned to the pair. “Customer, what would you like to order? “. She said with a high tone in a mocking way. Kyungmi sighed as Kyungwoo rolled his eyes in annoyance. “Your fake capitalistic smile was quite something “. 

“Right, he’s good at it “. Minji added. “You can just teach the others “.

“Shut your trap “. Kyungwoo told her with a sigh of tiredness.

“Many classes are already doing a cafe so it would be nice if we had a concept…”. The class president said. “Something enough to attract people, isn’t there anything like that? “. 

“For a cafe, we need a hot guy and hot girl part-timers “. Jinhee said. 

“Where would we have such a hot girl and guy in our class? “. Kyungmin laughed. Then everyone turned around, setting their eyes on Kyungmi and Kyungwoo. Both of them looked around as they wondered why they were staring at them. “Wait a minute….this was supposed to be for Kyungwoo AND Jarim, so why are they staring at me? “. Kyungmi thought with slight panic. 

“Ah yeah! Those two over there “. A female classmate said. “You both can do the advertising “. 

“On a closer look, don’t they look good together? “. Another female classmate asked as Kyungwoo and Kyungmi looked at each other. 

“What is she saying….”. Kyungwoo scoffed. 

“Yah, what the hell are you saying to an innocent girl like Kyungmi? Lee Kyungwoo is too dangerous for her “. Minji commented. 

“Just that both of them are the prettiest and most handsome ones, right? “. The girl who said that Kyungmi and Kyungwoo looked good together, explained. 

“What is so handsome about Lee Kyungwoo? Such a snotty teenager “. Minji sighed. Kyungmi bit her bottom lip as she played with her fingers. 

“I think it will be better to do a cafe with a pretty photo zone where we take photos for the customer “. Jarim suggested. 

“Hm~ nice idea. Then Kyungmi and Kyungwoo can click pics with them, right? “. Jinhee said.

“Oh? “. Kyungmi blinked at her. 

“Kyungmi said oh, that was a yes “. Jinhee immediately said. 

“Yah, wait a minute- “. 

“This doesn’t sound bad. Then whoever the customer requests has to take a picture with them “. The class president announced. 

“Okay! Good “. Everyone agreed. Kyungmi sighed as she rubbed the back of her neck. 

“Okay. Then “. The class president said as she motioned them to be quiet. “Choi Kyungmi and Lee Kyungwoo will both advertise and take pics with the customers “. 

“Yah, yah, yah, yah, yah! This is total slave treatment “. Kyungwoo complained. 

“It's okay “. The class president smiled at him before staring at everyone. “Fighting! “. 

Kyungwoo looked at Kyungmi as the latter faced palm herself. She hated being the center of attention and it didn’t help to be targeted to take pictures with customers. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

At home, Kyungmi was talking with Seri and Yuri through FaceTime, talking about the festival. 

 

“What? Are you going to be a waitress and a model for pictures of your stand at the festival? “. Seri gasped with excitement. “Then I will definitely go! “. She clapped. 

“Yeah….”. Kyungmi sighed as she cleaned some of her nails while looking hopeless about the situation. “Then I’m going to be drained from exhaustion because of that “. 

“Yah, what’s so bad about it? I think it’s going to be fun “. Yuri pointed out. 

“Speak for yourself, I’m a complete slave here, hello~? “. 

“To be honest, most guys will go to your stand because of you. Then you will make lots of money! What’s there to complain about? “. Yuri replied with honesty. Kyungmi rolled her eyes as she nodded in understanding just to keep the conversation going. 

“Anyways, you guys should come “. Kyungmi added. “We will do a no-alcohol cocktail bar so feel free to come “. 

“I wish I could go but that day will be a relative’s birthday. I’m sorry, Kyungmi “. Yuri pouted. 

“It’s alright, it can’t be helped “. Kyungmi assured her. “Seri, you should bring your boyfriend too. And your friends “. 

“I would tell them! “. Seri eagerly nodded. Kyungmi smiled at her gesture but she got distracted when she received a call from Kyungwoo. “Girls, I have to go. Preparations for the festival. I will contact you later “. She said as she ended the video call before answering him. “Yeah? “. 

“Are you busy? “. He asked. 

“No, I was talking with friends from middle school through FaceTime “. 

“Did I interrupt you? “.

“No, we just finished “. She said. “Why did you call? “. 

“No reason….”. He hummed. “Just wanted to have a talk “. 

“What is this? “. Kyungmi chuckled. “Is there something you are worried about? “. 

“Just...I don’t feel like participating in the festival “. 

“No, you have to. Most customers will be girls and they will come to our cocktail bar thanks to you “. 

“Yah, are you trying to sell your friend for the benefit of our class? “. He scoffed in disbelief. 

“Why are you asking if you know the answer? “. She joked. 

“Wow, you are so cruel “. She giggled when he said that. 

“Don’t think of it as a bad thing. Let’s say it’s an experience of life. Who knows? Maybe during the festival you will get interested in a girl you like “. 

“I don’t know….I doubt that “. He hummed. “Because I have an interest in this girl, but she seems to not like me...and I don’t know if I should confess to her “. 

“I see….”. Kyungmi softened as she looked down with guilt. “Maybe it’s Jarim? But then, all the lines and situations that were supposed to be for Jarim were moved to me...What should I do? Should I do something to confirm his feelings toward me? “. “Maybe you should still see if the girl has an interest in you and then confess to her “. 

“You...think? “. 

“Yeah...if you keep knowing more about her, then you might get a clear view of your feelings and then make a decision. Don’t rush things “. 

“Alright….thank you for the advice “. 

“Then sleep well. See you tomorrow “. 

“Good night “. Then he hung up. Kyungmi sighed as she locked her phone and brought her knees closer. She knew she was in episode 16 right now, which means that in 2 more episodes, she will not know what will happen next so it’s driving her crazy. “I’m stupid… how could I just say that? I should have said I don’t know. Should I try to amend the original storyline? Maybe it’s too late to reverse it. What should I do?  “.  

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

On the day of the festival, students from other schools came over to visit the stands of Yisan Information High School. Kyungmi came over with a black top with a black skirt and angel’s halo headband to the classroom, already transformed into a cocktail bar, and greeted everyone before putting her purse inside of her locker. She then walked out of the classroom to have a tour around the stands and she was amazed by the ideas the other classes came with. At last, she visited Jooyoung’s class and saw that their idea was a café in a mix of some kind of meditation center. She chuckled when she saw some from Class 2 having bored gazes on their faces while wondering why they were like this. 

“You just have to do it. Patience is bitter but its fruits are sweet “. She recognized the voice and immediately turned around but she bumped someone's chest and almost fell back when that person caught her with its arm around her waist. She slowly looked up to see Kyungwoo staring at her with concern with his bunny headband on his head. She wished she could laugh because of how cute he looked right now but she was too shocked to even utter a word. “Are you okay? “. 

“Huh? “. She blinked. “Oh! “. She cleared as she stood up properly and fixed her hair. “Thanks…”. 

“You should’ve been careful “. He sighed. 

“Sorry…”. She rubbed the back of her neck with awkwardness. “Shall we go inside? “. She asked, referring to Jooyoung’s classroom. 

“Sure “. He nodded as both of them got in and spotted Jooyoung arranging some things for his class stand. “Gosh, your classroom is quite a sight to see “. Kyungwoo joked as he looked around the place. 

“What the hell is your class’ concept that you look like this? “. Jooyoung retorted. “That headband- ugh “. He said as he pretended to puke. 

“It’s a cocktail bar where we take pictures “. 

“Ah~ “. Jooyoung said before glancing at Kyungmi. “Yah~ you look cute! “. 

“Really? “. Kyungmi slightly beamed, happy that she looked okay with her outfit. 

“The headband suits you “. He said, referring to the halo. 

“Thanks, we have to wear this because we have to take pictures with the customers “. Kyungmi explained. 

“Then...everyone in your class is like this? “. Jooyoung asked as he pointed at their outfits. Kyungwoo looked at his outfit before nodding at his friend.

“Every single one? “. 

“Yeah “. Kyungmi nodded as well. Then Jooyoung ran toward their classroom and almost fainted when he saw Jarim in a cat headband while she was arranging the place for photos. Kyungmi and Kyungwoo chuckled at Jooyoung's reaction while returning to their stand. 

“Yah, what made you collapse? “. Jarim asked while walking to him. 

“Jarim-ah, you are so pretty. Let’s not take this off forever “. 

“Are you out of your mind? I am being forced to do this “. 

“Let’s take a pic “. Jooyoung insisted as he began taking selfies with her. 

“Aigoo~ If Jarim was the model then we would have charged him “. Kyungmi said. 

“We should have “. Kyungwoo agreed and then stared at her. Kyungmi smiled at the sight of Jooyoung and Jarim taking pictures together, finding it lovely, to even notice his stare on her. He cleared his throat before asking her. “Should we….take pictures together? “. He suggested. 

“Huh? “. She looked at him with confusion. 

“If not, then never mind “. Kyungmi stared at him for a few seconds before nodding in agreement. 

“Sure “. “Right, he’s just asking for friendship pictures. This should be nothing, right? “. Kyungwoo hid his smile before guiding her to the photo zone and took his phone out. They stood closer as Kyungwoo was holding his phone in selfie mode and he was about to take the picture when Ahn Kyungmin came over. 

“If you guys want to take pictures, that will be 500 won “. He smiled like a professional. Kyungwoo sighed as he took a bill of 5,000 won and passed it to him before he noticed that Kyungmin was wearing the headband of a devil. He looked back at Kyungmi, seeing her halo headband. He turned back to Kyungmin and took the headband off from him. “What are you doing- “. Kyungwoo cut him off when he passed Kyungmin the bunny headband. 

“Let’s switch “. Kyungwoo said as he wore the devil headband. “Take the pictures “. Kyungmi blinked in confusion as Kyungmin scoffed in disbelief but complied as he was ready to take the pictures. Kyungmi looked at Kyungwoo as he stood closer to her and then looked back at the camera, smiling at it with a V sign with her fingers. Kyungwoo stared at her and couldn’t help but smile at how pretty she looked. Kyungmin noticed the expression and almost smirked widely as he suppressed it before announcing that he was going to take the pictures. As Kyungmin kept taking pictures, Kyungwoo did something unexpected. He put his arm around her shoulders and brought her closer to him. That action made her heart race like a train as she felt her cheeks getting red. She glanced at him, and she noticed that he was staring at the camera, but his ears were getting redder as the seconds passed. She suppressed a laugh as she looked back at the camera and grinned as she threw a heart with her fingers. 

“Okay! Done! “. 

“Thank you “. Kyungwoo thanked him before taking his phone back. 

“Let me see “. Kyungmi pleaded as she came closer to him to take a peek at the pictures. They watched the pictures together and Kyungmi couldn’t help but blush by how intimate the pictures looked as if they looked like a couple. “T-They are all pretty, send them to me, please “. 

“S-Sure “. He cleared his throat as he sent them to her. 

“Excuse me “. They turned around to see a few guys getting in line. “Can we take a picture with you? “. A guy asked Kyungmi. 

“Oh...sure “. She put on her professional smile as she guided them to the photo zone. Then she turned to Kyungwoo, who was giving them glares of jealousy. “I will see you later then, thanks for the pictures “. She said as she gently pushed him away before heading toward the photo zone to take the pictures with the help of Ahn Kyungmin. Kyungwoo rolled his eyes in annoyance as he bumped shoulders with one of the guys and left.

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

The festival went smoothly as Kyungmi took pictures with the customers and served drinks to them. As she was cleaning a table, she saw Kyungwoo entering with some girls who wanted to take pictures with him. Something inside of her was stabbing her because of jealousy but she decided to not show it. When she made eye contact with him, she flashed a smile, which he mimicked before handing the empty cups to Ahram. 

 

“Yah “. Ahram called her. 

“Huh? “. Kyungmi turned to her. 

“Do you perhaps like Kyungwoo? “. 

“Huh? W-What are you saying? “. Kyungmi nervously asked as she combed some locks behind her ear. 

“Yah, it’s okay to tell me “. Ahram assured her. 

“To be honest….I kind of like him…”. 

“Oh my god~ My Kyung has a crush on that punk! “. Ahram squealed as she lightly hit Kyungmi’s arm multiple times. 

“But...I’m trying to not have feelings for him “. Kyungmi sighed. 

“Oh? Why? “. Kyungmi pursed her lips out as she sat down. 

“First….I have a feeling that Minji also likes him “. She started. “I don’t want to fight with Minji over some guy we both like. And second…. I don’t think I’m good for Kyungwoo”. 

“Do you want my advice? “. Ahram asked. Kyungmi slowly nodded at her. “First, don’t let Minji’s feelings for Kyungwoo stress you. If you like him, you like him. You can’t just erase those feelings because a friend of yours likes him too. What if Kyungwoo actually likes you? “. 

“Still….What if Minji feels disappointed? “. Kyungmi sighed. “I don’t want to be in an awkward position with her “. 

“Look, I’ve been watching for the past hours, and I saw how Kyungwoo reacts whenever he’s with you, and I have a hunch that he likes you. I also feel bad for Minji since I also sensed that she likes him too, but what can I do? If it’s one-sided love, you should give up. But that’s not in your case “. “I guess Ahram is right...but I’m scared. It is obvious that if Kyungwoo doesn’t end up with Jarim, there is always another option, and that option is Minji….I’m just an extra in this story….”. “Just do what your heart tells you “. Ahram smiled at her. 

“Thank you….”. Kyungmi smiled at her. “What would I do without you, Ah Rong? “. Ahram winked at her. 

“Kyungmi! “. Kyungmi turned around to see Seri and some of her friends, as well as her boyfriend and another guy, which whom she strangely found him familiar. Kyungmi stood up and walked toward them. 

“You came! “. She smiled at the presence of her friend. Then her attention turned to her former blind date, Kang Jihoo. “Oh! You also came, Kang Jihoo! “. He nodded with a smile and waved at her. 

“Look! We got our nails done! “. Seri beamed as she showed her nails to her. 

“They are pretty “. Kyungmi complimented her. 

“Ah! Let me introduce you to my friends “. Seri said as she introduced her two friends. “The one on my left is Ahn Jaewon, and the one on the right is Min Soo Ah “. 

“Hi “. Kyungmi greeted them as the girls waved at her. “Seri, this is Ahram, one of my friends “. She introduced her as Ahram greeted Seri and the rest. 

“Are you Kyungmi’s friend from middle school? “. Ahram asked Seri as the latter nodded in agreement. “What would you like to drink? We give a 10% discount for the people who did their nails “. 

“Really? “. Seri’s eyes sparkled at the sound of the discount. Ahram nodded as she motioned them to come to get their orders at the cashier. 

“Gongwoo-ah! Come over “. Seri said as she called for her boyfriend. Seri’s boyfriend and his friends came over to get drinks. 

“Yah “. Ahram called Kyungmi as the former eyed at Kang Jihoo. “Is he your blind date from before? “. 

“How do you remember him? “. Kyungmi blinked in amusement. 

“How can I forget such a handsome guy? “. Ahram chuckled. “To be honest, you would have looked good together….if it weren’t for your current feelings “. She sighed as she looked back at her friend. Kyungmi hummed as she nodded in agreement. She would have definitely fallen for Kang Jihoo if she didn’t develop feelings for Kyungwoo. 

“Excuse me! “. Someone called for Kyungmi. “Can we take pictures with you? “. 

“Sure! “. Kyungmi then turned to Ahram. “I will be back. Make sure Seri and her friends get their drinks “. She said before heading toward the photo zone with the customers. Little she did know that someone was observing her with attentive eyes as it was clenching its fists. Then, someone called that person, earning his attention. 

“Oh? Kim Hyukjae? “. Kyungwoo walked closer as he recognized Gongwoo’s friend. 

“Yah, Lee Kyungwoo! I didn’t expect to see you “. The guy named Hyukjae clasped Kyungwoo’s hand to greet him. “Yah~ you got more handsome than the last time! “. 

“What are you saying? “. He scoffed. “In which school are you attending? “. He asked. 

“Ah~ SeokHo Boys High School. Let me introduce my friends. They are Kim Gongwoo and Kang Jihoo “. Kyungwoo nodded in understanding as he greeted Hyukjae’s friends.

“But what brings you here? “. 

“My friend’s girlfriend said she had a friend in this school, so we decided to visit “. 

“Yah, these girls are Kyungmi’s friends “. Ahram said, signaling at Seri and the girls. Kyungwoo smiled at them. 

“Ah~ you must be Kang Seri “. He said. 

“How did you know about me? “. She was surprised that a handsome guy like him recognized her. 

“Kyungmi talked to me a lot about you. She always ditches me to have hangouts with you “. He joked. 

“Aigoo~ I can’t believe Kyungmi would ditch someone like you “. She chuckled. “Nice to meet you by the way “. 

“Me too “. He smiled back at her. 

“Talking behind my back? “. Kyungmi came back from the photo zone as she greeted Gongwoo, who greeted her back. Then her eyes landed on Hyukjae. 

“Friends of yours? “. She asked him. 

“Yeah, we go to the same school “. Gongwoo explained. 

“You are Choi Kyungmi “. Hyukjae smirked at her. “Nice to meet you, I’m Kim Hyukjae “. 

“Oh….nice to meet you “. She curtly nodded at him before staring at Seri. “Should I get you a table? “. 

“It's alright! We want to take a tour around the school anyway “. She assured her. “But you have to pay to take pictures? “. 

“Yeah, it’s 500 won for each picture “. Kyungmi nodded. 

“Then….”. Seri pulled out a bill of 5,000 won. “I want some! “. 

“With Kyungwoo? “. Kyungmi asked while pointing at him. 

“With you, idiot “. Seri rolled her eyes before linking arms with her and dragging her to the photo zone. Kyungwoo chuckled as he took the phone from Seri. 

“I will take the pictures for you “. He said as he began taking the pictures. The girls posed in different ways, sometimes making Kyungwoo chuckle by how cute Kyungmi looked. When he was done, both girls came over to check them. 

“Wow~ not bad “. Seri nodded in satisfaction with how well the pictures came out. 

“Send them to me later! “. Kyungmi said. 

“Alright! Then I will leave for now! “. Seri waved at her before linking arms with her boyfriend as the couple and Seri’s friends left the place. 

“See you around “. Jihoo waved at Kyungmi as he left too. 

“Your friend seems nice “. Kyungwoo looked at her while resting his hands on his hips. 

“Yeah, Seri is cool “. Kyungmi nodded. 

“By the way “. Kyungwoo’s smile turned into a sour expression as he looked at her. “Who was that guy back then? “. 

“Who? “. Kyungmi blinked in confusion. 

“The one who waved at you “. 

“Ah~ Kang Jihoo? “. She smiled as she mentioned him. “He’s a friend I met through Seri “. She explained. 

“In other words, he was Kyungmi’s ex blind date “. Ahram interfered in their conversation. Kyungmi’s eyes widened in panic as she looked at her friend with anxiety. 

“Ahram! “. Kyungmi cried out in panic. The latter just winked at her before walking away to make more drinks for the customers. 

“Ex….blind date? “. Kyungwoo eyed her with narrowed eyes. “You dated him before? “. Kyungmi acted like she didn’t know what he was talking about. She wished some customers would call her to escape from this awkward situation. 

“Excuse me! “. They turned around to see a few guys on the table. 

“Look at this! Work calls! “. Kyungmi forced a laugh as she went to attend the table. Kyungwoo sighed as he glared at the boys asking Kyungmi for pictures. He wondered when the festival would finish so he could get a proper response from her. 

 

Time flew by and things were doing great at the stand in Class 3. Suddenly, a guy came over shouting to everyone that they were a fun activity in Class 2. 

Then, the customers from Class 3 moved to Class 2 to watch. Kyungmi looked with wonder as the customer left the place, while eyes darted toward Kyungwoo, as he pointed at the door with his head. She nodded in agreement as she put the tray on the table and followed him, giving their class president the excuse that she was going to the bathroom. Kyungmi went to Class 2 and saw Jooyoung, Byunghoon, and another classmate wearing protectors as they became human sandbags. She laughed when the boys were getting beaten by other students and she wondered if she should take a try. 

“Ahram! “. Kyungmi called her as she linked arms with her. “You must have been stressed lately, right? I will lend you 2,000 won “. She said while passing two bills of 1,000 won. 

“As expected, the only person who takes care of me “. Ahram beamed as both of them went to the line where Byunghoon was. Kyungwoo also made the line as he was in front of them. 

“Yah. Doesn’t it hurt? “. Kyungwoo asked with a smirk as he passed some bills to a student from Class 2. 

“Yah. It actually doesn’t hurt a bit, but I have to act like it hurts so that customers come “. Byunghoon explained. Kyungwoo nodded in understanding as he turned to Ahram. 

“He says so. I think you can hit him as much as you want “. Kyungwoo said as he passed the gloves to Ahram as she nodded in gratitude. 

“Yah….if you bring in a real fighter then what do I do? ”. Byunghoon mumbled as he is slightly panicked while Kyungwoo patted his shoulder. Ahram passed the bills she had in and smirked at Byunghoon.

“I also added mine so Ahram, just hit him as much as you want “. Kyungmi said while patting Ahram’s back. “Then good luck, Byunghoon! “. She lifted her fist as she left the classroom. As she was heading back to her classroom, she saw Kyungwoo talking with Gongwoo’s friend in the corridor. She wondered what they were talking about as Kyungwoo had a sour expression while the other guy was being all smiley. “That guy isn’t here to mess up with Kyungwoo, is he? “. She wondered. Her mind told her to mind her business, but her heart told her to go and help him. She exhaled as she was in a dilemma of whether she should take him out of the situation or just let him be. In the end, she decided to choose the first one. She walked toward the guys as she called for him. 

“Yah, Lee Kyungwoo! “. She exclaimed as both guys turned around to see her coming over. She glanced at Kim Hyukjae smirking on her way, and she felt awfully annoyed by that. She then looked back at Kyungwoo staring at her with a hint of nervousness in his eyes, something she never witnessed before. “Where were you? I’ve been looking for you to help me carry some stuff “. She gave an excuse as she scanned Kim Hyukjae for any reactions or responses. Kim Hyukjae chuckled in amusement as he patted Kyungwoo’s shoulder.

“I think I took too much of your time. I will be leaving now then “. He replied as he looked between him and Kyungmi. “See you around “. With that, he left. Kyungmi eyed with suspicion at the guy before turning her full attention toward Kyungwoo. 

“Yah, are you okay? “. She asked while staring at him with concern. “Was he bothering you or something? “. 

“Huh? “. Kyungwoo blinked at her before clearing his throat while shaking his head in denial. “No, he didn’t “. Kyungmi didn’t believe him but she decided to not ask more questions since it wasn’t her business to intervene. 

“I know I shouldn’t interfere with this….but don’t be close friends with that guy “. She suggested. “He kind of gives me awful vibes…..”. She said as she shivered a little at the thought. At that, Kyungwoo was able to laugh thanks to her. 

“Don’t worry, I’m not planning to do that “. He said as he gently ruffled her hair, an action that unexpectedly made her heart skip a beat. “Yah, since we are out. Don’t you want to go around to see the other stands? “. He asked as he looked at her, but there wasn’t any response from her. He stared at her with curiosity before snapping his fingers in front of her face. “Yah “. 

“Huh? “. Kyungmi came back to her senses as she blinked before looking at him. “What did you say? “. 

“I asked you if you wanted to walk around to see the other stands “. 

“Oh…..sure “. She nodded in agreement. He laughed, finding her reactions cute, before walking away first. Kyungmi sighed as she took deep breaths to calm her heart down. “What’s wrong with my heart lately? I think I will have a heart attack if I keep reacting to this kind of gesture “. She thought as she closed her eyes, praying that she doesn’t get affected by the things Kyungwoo does to her. 

“Yah, Kyungmi! What are you doing? “. He exclaimed as he called for her. 

“Coming! “. She exclaimed back as she fixed her hair and headband before following him as they walked toward the stand of DIY perfume. 


 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Minji and Jinhee came over to the bar as they took a rest from painting nails. Minji was checking how the stand was running when someone called her. She looked up to see a tall and pretty girl, with bangs and wavy hair and wearing a white dress while she was linking arms with another girl with short hair. 

 

“Oh, hi! Did you come to hang out? “. Minji asked. 

“Mm, because we have some time and I heard that your cocktails are tasty “. The girl said as she looked around the place as if she was looking for someone.

“Ah, you just have to order here and get it from Ahram “. Minji explained. 

“Yah “. The girl with short hair said. “Where is the handsome guy from your class? Was his name Lee Kyungwoo? “. 

“Yah~ “. The tall girl became shy as she slightly shook her friend’s arm. 

“Why? “. The girl with short hair asked her. 

“Why him? “. Minji asked. “Ah~ to take a pic with him? “. 

“No, it’s fine if he’s not there “. The girl said as she went to the counter to get a drink. “Ahram. An apple mojito for me “. 

“Okay “. Ahram nodded. Minji tilted her head to the side as she wondered why her friend Yeseul was looking for Lee Kyungwoo, but somehow, it wasn’t a feeling that made her happy. She glanced at the pair of girls and noticed how they were eyeing Kyungwoo and Kyungmi getting back to the classroom after strolling around the school. 

“Yah. I think it is him “. The girl with short hair said. “What are you going to do? “. 

“Stop it. Wait “. Yeseul begged as she felt kind of embarrassed. 

“Yah, are you really giving me this? “. Kyungwoo asked as he smelled the perfume Kyungmi made for him. 

“Why? I think it would go great on you! “. She insisted as she also smelled the perfume. “The scent is refreshing and it’s perfect for all seasons “. She replied and then pulled out the perfume he made for her. “Speaking of which, do you really think this perfume will go well on me? “. She retorted as she arched her eyebrows. 

“Yah, everyone likes roses “. He reasoned as he smirked with pride. “Plus, it was made by me. You should be honored “. 

“Sure, sure “. Kyungmi rolled her eyes as she smelled it and smiled. “I think I will get used to this scent “. Kyungwoo chuckled and saved the perfume she made for him in the pocket of his apron as he and Kyungmi made their way to the bar to get drinks. 

“Yah “. They turned around to see the girl with short hair calling for him. 

“Yeah? “. Kyungwoo looked at them with curiosity. 

“She wants to take a pic with you “. The girl said while pointing at Yeseul. Kyungwoo sighed as he pointed at the counter with his chin. 

“It’s mandatory to buy a drink “. He responded rather coldly. 

“Here “. Yeseul said as she passed him the bills. Kyungwoo just looked at the bills with a blank expression and Kyungmi was feeling kind of tense because of his sudden cold attitude. 

“Oh! Yeseul is here. Hi! “. They turned to the left to see Jarim along with Jooyoung. 

“Jarim, hi! “. Yeseul waved at her. 

“What is this? Do you guys know each other? “. Kyungwoo asked as he looked at Jarim for answers. 

“We went to the same middle school “. Jarim explained. Kyungwoo hummed as he looked at the front as Yeseul held out the bills. 

“I already ordered a drink. Take a boyfriend-like picture, please “. She pleaded. When Kyungwoo said nothing, Yeseul turned her attention toward Kyungmi while holding out the bills to her instead. 

“Can you please take pictures for me? “. 

“Excuse me? “. Kyungmi blinked as she looked between her and the bills. “Oh ... .sure “. Kyungmi laughed it off and she was about to accept the bills when Kyungwoo took the bills instead and forced a smile toward Yeseul. 

“I will take the pictures, come on “. He said as he made his way to the photo zone with his arm encircling around Yeseul’s shoulders. Yeseul’s friend gasped in excitement as she exclaimed to her friend to have fun before heading to the bar to get her drink. Kyungmi sighed in relief as she wondered why she got frozen for that request when it was something she had to do as a servant. She then glanced at the photo zone to see Kyungwoo taking boyfriend-like pictures along with Yeseul and somehow she felt envious of the scene. “Choi Kyungmi, you don’t have the right to feel jealous….in the end, you are just an extra in this story “. She nodded to herself and turned her attention toward Minji, who had a sour expression on her face. Then, she saw her leaving, causing her to get worried toward her. Kyungmi was about to follow her when Ahram called her. She turned around and saw Ahram approaching her while shaking her head. 

“Just let her be “. She replied. 

“But….”. Kyungmi glanced back at the nail art stand. 

“I will go talk to her “. Ahram assured her as she rubbed Kyungmi’s arm to comfort her. “You need to take care of your feelings too “. Kyungmi weakly smiled as she appreciated Ahram for being understanding toward her.

“Thanks….”. She replied as she nodded in understanding. “I will leave it to you then “. With that, Kyungmi walked away to clean the tables. 

 

Meanwhile, Minji went back to the nail arts stand as she checked her phone. While being distracted, she looked up to see Yeseul and her friend coming her way. 

 

“Your cocktails are really tasty “. Yeseul complimented. 

“Ahram makes them well “. Minji said, a little decayed. 

“Minji, are you close with Lee Kyungwoo? “. Yeseul carefully asked. 

“Just...a bit I guess “. Minji slowly nodded. 

“He doesn’t have a girlfriend, right? “. Yeseul questioned. “Can you introduce me to him? “. Minji scoffed at the request. 

“Him? “. 

“Yeah “. Yeseul nodded. “By any chance does he have a girlfriend? “. 

“He probably doesn’t. But he’s not that good “. Minji replied. 

“Why? He seemed like a good guy “. Yeseul refuted, wondering why Minji was telling her that Lee Kyungwoo wasn’t good. 

“Right, he hangs out with Gong Jooyoung so he won’t be a bully “. Yeseul’s friend added.

“I’m not sure, I don’t really know “. Minji mumbled. 

“For now, just ask him. I’ll go now “. Yeseul said as she bid goodbye to Minji. 

“Okay “. Minji said as she waved at them as they left. 

“Don’t set them up “. Ahram said as she walked toward Minji. 

“Huh? “. Minji asked. 

“Lee Kyungwoo, don’t set him up “. 

“Why? “. 

“You like Lee Kyungwoo, right? “. 

“What?! What the hell are you saying? Why would I? Are you crazy? “. Minji nervously mumbled. 

“Really? “Ahram hummed. “If not, then fine “. Ahram said as she stood up from the seat to go to the bathroom.

“No! What is there to like about that snotty teen idiot? “. Minji continued. “The girl who likes him is the weird one “. 

“Yah, if it’s not so, it’s not so “. Ahram smiled at her. “Aren’t you overreacting much? “. Ahram said as she jokily pushed her shoulder before leaving. Minji sighed as she looked down, not knowing what to do. 

 

As the festival came to an end, Minji called for Kyungwoo to talk about something in private. Both of them went to one of the resting areas as Minji turned around to face him. 

 

“What is it? “. Kyungwoo asked with arms crossed. 

“You want to go on a blind date? “. 

“Suddenly? “. He scoffed. “I don’t want to “. He shook his head. 

“Hear the whole thing before you answer “. She said. “It’s the girl from before, the one who took a pic with you “. 

“Were there one or two people that took pics with me? I don’t want to “. 

“Just take a look at her before saying this “. Minji pouted as she took out her phone and showed him a pic of Yeseul’s profile. “It's her “. 

“Ah~ her? “. Then he shook his head. “Not interested. Work hard “. He said as he walked away. 

“Yah, this is considered pretty! “. Minji exclaimed. 

“Forget it, tell her I have a girlfriend. I’m off “. He said before walking away. 

He doesn’t even have a girlfriend, so why? “. Minji wondered as she pursed her lips out. 

 

Back in the classroom of Class 3, Kyungmi was sweeping the floor when she received a message. She stopped cleaning as she took it out and checked it. She frowned when she saw it was from an unknown number. 

 

K.H: Hi! I’m Kim Hyukjae! I’m Gongwoo’s friend. We saw each other at the festival. If you aren’t busy, would you like to have dinner with me? 

 

“Seri, that wrench “. Kyungmi sighed as she called Seri and waited for her to answer. She answered and Kyungmi asked her. “Yah, did you give my number to that friend of Gongwoo’s? I told you I’m not interested in dating “. She sighed. 

“What are you talking about? “. Seri asked her with confusion. “I never gave him your number “. 

“Huh? If you didn’t, then who did it? “. Kyungmi asked at the same time Kyungwoo came back. “Seri, I will call you later, okay? “. Kyungmi said as she hung up and faced him. 

“Did something happen? “. He asked. 

“Did you perhaps…. give my phone number to Kim Hyukjae? “. Kyungmi asked with hesitation. 

“Are you crazy? Why would I? “. Kyungwoo scoffed in disbelief. 

“I know, right? “. Kyungmi sighed with relief. “It’s just that I suddenly received a message from that guy “. She replied with a frown of annoyance. 

“What? “. Kyungwoo frowned at her. “How did he get your number? “. 

“That’s what I want to know “. She sighed in tiredness. “I asked Seri if she gave my number to him, but she said she didn’t….how the heck did he get it? “. She wondered. Kyungwoo cleared his throat as he narrowed his eyes with suspicion at the horizon before looking back at her. 

“Yah, just ignore him. He might lose interest if you don’t reply to him “. 

“Do you think so? “. Kyungmi lifted her eyebrows with interest before nodding in agreement. “I think that might work “. She saved her phone into the pocket of her apron before she left to continue sweeping the floor. Kyungwoo exhaled through his nose as he watched her leaving while remembering his encounter with Hyukjae. 

 

~ Flashback ~

 

After Kyungwoo left Class 2, Hyukjae came over and dragged him to a corridor so the two of them could talk in private. 

 

“Yah, are you friends with Choi Kyungmi? “. He asked. 

“Why? “. Kyungwoo frowned at him. 

“What do you mean why? “. He chuckled. “It’s because I’m interested and I want to date her “. He said as he held out his phone. “Give me her number “. 

“Ha~ I wish I could, but I know your reputation as a player, sorry but you can’t date her “. Kyungwoo said. 

“Oh come on! I changed! “. Hyukjae insisted. “Plus she's my type! Please, Kyungwoo! I’m just asking for this favor “. 

“Sorry, but I can’t let you “. 

“Why not? “. Then Hyukjae smirked. “Perhaps...do you like her? “. Kyungwoo looked down as he exhaled before looking back at him with blank eyes. 

“Yeah, I do like her. If you get it, just leave “. He was about to leave when Hyukjae mentioned something that made him freeze. 

“Does that girl know about your past with Nam Yuri? “. Kyungwoo slowly turned around as Hyukjae came over with a smirk. 

“How did you know about that? And why are you bringing it? “. Kyungwoo glared at him.

“I heard from Seri that she, Yuri, and Choi Kyungmi are friends “. Hyukjae explained. “Funny, isn’t it? That your ex is friends with your crush “. Kyungwoo’s eyes widened at the truth. “But Kyungmi didn’t seem to be aware of Yuri’s past….and I suppose you didn’t tell her as well “. He chuckled. “Should we go have that conversation with her? “. 

“Don’t you dare! “. Kyungwoo snapped as he grabbed him by the collar. “Kyungmi doesn’t need to be involved in my past “. 

“Really? “. Hyukjae asked. “But if you are going to date her, shouldn’t she at least know that you dated her friend in the past? “. Kyungwoo’s eyes flamed with rage but he couldn’t bring it to beat him up. He needed to remain calm if he didn’t want this jerk to say anything about the past, especially about his past relationship with Yuri. 

“Still….I won’t give you her number “. Kyungwoo replied as he released him. “She doesn’t deserve to be with a loser like you “. He retorted. Something in Hyukjae’s eyes changed and they got a little darker than his usual self. 

“That’s too bad…. “. Hyukjae sighed as he blankly stared at Kyungwoo. “Well….I will find my ways then….”. 

 

~ End of the Flashback ~

 

How the hell did he get her phone number when I didn’t give it to him? I can’t let that er come near Kyungmi. He seems….dangerous for her “. He thought as he saw Kyungmi leaving to keep sweeping the floor. With a glance, he went to help arrange the desks back to their places. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

After cleaning, the crew decided to celebrate their hard work by going to the karaoke room. 

 

“Yah, I couldn’t try it “. Jinhee whined at Byunghoon, referring to the human sandbag. “Can I try now for 500 won? “. 

“No way! After Oh Ahram hit me, I got PTSD “. Byunghoon shook his head at the horrible memory of Ahram beating him with no mercy. 

“Yah, Wang Ja, what was that earlier? Paying 10,000 won and taking Gong Joo away? “. Kyungwoo asked in disbelief. 

“Don’t tell me you didn’t want your boyfriend getting hit? “. Kyungmin gasped at the truth. 

“Yeah, that’s right. It was to save me “. Jooyoung showed off with pride. “She is my prince. My prince, when will you go on a date with your princess? “. He asked with a cute tone as Jarim grabbed the back of his neck. 

“Do you want to get hit now for the 10,000 won that I paid? “. She asked. Kyungmi chuckled as she shook her head. Then she turned to Kyungwoo, who was looking back at her. 

“If you try doing a high pitch note while singing, you’re dead “. He warned her. 

“Speak for yourself “. She scoffed. “Then don’t even try lowering your voice while singing “. She hit him in the arm. “It makes me cringe “. He sighed as she messed with her by ruffling her hair. 

“Yah! “. She complained as she lightly pushed him away while he laughed. 

Little did they know that, from afar, an ex-friend from Kyungwoo was staring at them with a smirk on his face.