Prologue

Accidentally Changing The Story of a Web Drama

Have you ever heard about reincarnation? Studies said that the origin comes from Latin, meaning “to take on the flesh again”....in other words, “ to take on the physical body. “ Reincarnation means that once we die, we go into life and then another, being an eternal circle for the sole purpose of soul development and spiritual growth. 

 

At first, I never believed such a thing would exist, until... My name is Go Jieun. I was just a seventeen-year-old high schooler living in modern South Korea. My daily lifestyle has been pretty much the same since middle school, and as a matter of fact, I was a lonely girl. Rather than being timid and shy...I was someone...well...blunt and aggressive, so everyone was scared to approach me, which I didn't mind. To fight my loneliness, I would be immersed in my world, which consisted of reading webtoons and watching Kdramas or web dramas. Just doing those things made me happy. Lately, I've been obsessed with a new web drama called ‘Love Revolution,’ based on a webtoon I haven’t read yet. The web drama was already out, so I would watch every episode on my phone while riding the bus after school.  

 

“Is this episode eighteen? Then it has twelve episodes left to end “. I sighed with sadness while fixing the earphones to listen better to the episode. I smiled widely when my favorite character in the web drama, Gong Jooyoung, appeared on the screen. “As expected from the main lead, he’s cute “. Then I sighed when my other favorite character, Yang Minji appeared. “I wished Minji could be more honest with her feelings…If I was the writer, I would have made Minji and Kyungwoo a couple of the year ”. I was so immersed in the drama that I didn’t realize that today’s episode would be the last I would see in my life. Sounds of glass scattering came across my ears as I fell along with them to the side after it crashed with a few more cars. I slowly opened my eyes, and the only thing I could see was the smoke coming inside the bus. I was having a hard time breathing and I felt like my life was getting shorter by the minutes. In front of me, there was my phone vibrating like crazy. I bet it was my mom who called when I arrived home. I extended my arm, trying to reach it so I could at least answer her and tell her that I loved her….I never got the chance to say that. 


 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

I gasped for air as I suddenly jumped up, sitting up straight and looking; the surroundings were a white room, with a few people inside wearing white gowns. I soon realized I was in a hospital room. “Did I survive? “. I began touching my face, and my body and I sighed with relief that I was alive. “Thank God...I thought I died in that accident…”. I thought. “By the way, where’s mom? I want to see her “. 

“Student, are you okay? “. A nurse came over to check on me. 

“Yes, I’m fine “. I asked, distracted while looking for my mom. 

“It’s a miracle you survived. You were hit by a car “. The nurse smiled at me with relief. “We were worried that you would have internal damage because you’ve been unconscious for a week “. “Hit by a car? What she is talking about? “. I frowned at her words. 

“Excuse me? “. I blinked at the nurse with confusion written on my face. “There must be a mistake. I was in an accident while riding the bus “. 

“What are you talking about, student? “. This time it was the nurse looking at me with confusion. “You were interned here because you were hit by a car “. 

“There’s no way….”. I don’t even recall being hit by a car. It must be a mistake. 

“Kyungmi-ah! “. It was seconds that I was facing an unfamiliar woman looking at me with concern visible in her gaze while tearing up, caressing the sides of my face. “Kyungmi-ah, I’m so glad that you are okay “. The woman embraced me in a tight hug. “Who’s this woman? And why is she calling me Kyungmi? Hello? You have the wrong girl! “. I wanted to scream those lines as I struggled in her embrace. The woman must have noticed that because she carefully released me and watched me with worry. “Kyungmi-ah, are you hurt somewhere? Do you feel uncomfortable? “. 

Yeah! I feel uncomfortable about this situation! “. I screamed in my mind with frustration. “Excuse me, but...who are you? “. I couldn’t help but ask. Then I saw the horror in both the woman’s and nurse’s eyes. 

“Kyungmi-ah...It’s me, your mom “. My eyes widened at her answer. “Mom?! MOM?! Hold on a second, this woman is not my mom! What the hell? “. 

“Sorry? “. I tilted my head to the side.

“Student, do you perhaps not remember anything? “. The nurse asked me. I was frozen on my spot while trying to understand my situation. “What the hell happened at the time of the accident? “. “I will call the doctor “. The nurse then left to find a doctor. Now that I think about it, something seems off. I looked outside from the window and saw that it was almost spring. “I was in winter at the time of the accident. Perhaps, did I sleep for a few months? But the nurse said I was unconscious for a week?! “. I grabbed the side of my head while thinking hard about what was going on. The woman mistook my action as I was feeling pain. 

“Kyungmi-ah! Does your head hurt? “. The woman panicked as she kept caressing my head, thinking that at least it would smooth my pain away. I looked to my left side and spotted a calendar indicating February 14th, 2020. My eyes widened, and I snapped the calendar while intensely staring at it. “February 14th? Isn’t it December 15th? Does this mean that I turned back in time? I clearly remember that the day of the accident was December 15th “. “Kyungmi, what’s wrong? “. The woman desperately grasped my forearms. 

“I-I need to go to the bathroom…”. I stuttered as I took out the IV tube from my hand before running out of the room. I could hear the woman calling my ‘name’ as I looked for a bathroom. I just found one at the end of the corridor and stepped into it until I abruptly halted when I saw myself in the mirror. I dropped my mouth to the ground when I saw that my face wasn’t my face. I touched my perfectly cared white skin with my fingers, tracing them to my high nose, then I felt one of my double eyelids, beautiful chocolate-brown eyes, and finally traced my fingers to my heart-shaped pink mouth. Then I moved my hands to touch the ends of my perfectly curled dark brown hair as I checked my slim body and noticed my height was smaller than usual.

“What the hell…? I got….so pretty! “. I was amazed by this transformation. Compared to my usual appearance, which was tan skin with a few pimples and dyed blonde hair, the girl in front of me was a super cute doll. Then…..” What the hell happened to me? “.