Chapter 10

Accidentally Changing The Story of a Web Drama

Fortunately, twenty minutes after the boys went to look for him, they finally found him thanks to Jarim, who found him at the mini-market because he went to get cola for her. Kyungmi found the situation so sweet if it weren’t because the guys told them the embarrassing story about him confessing his deep love toward her and ending it with a throw-up. But now that he was found, everyone could go to sleep peacefully… Except for the fact that Kyungmi was having nightmares. She furrowed her eyebrows when she saw scenes she has never seen before, but they were somehow cut up, with some parts being blurry that she couldn’t see the people’s faces. In her dream, she was facing someone with fear as she was taking steps backward, leading her to the road, which she remembered as the day of the accident. She couldn’t see the face of the person in front of her as it was blurry to see. Then, that person pushed her hard to the road at the same time a car passed by and crashed into her. She gasped for air as she sat up, panting heavily as she looked around her surroundings. She sighed with relief as she rubbed her forehead, feeling the beams of sweat. “Thank God it was just a dream...it felt so real though….”. She thought as she rubbed her chest to calm her agitated heart. “Could it be this was a fragment of a memory? “. 

“Kyungmi-ah “. Kyungmi turned to her right to see Jarim sitting next to her while staring at her with concern. “Are you okay? You are sweating “. She pointed out as she rested a hand over her friend’s forehead to check if she was sick. 

“I’m fine “. Kyungmi said as she forced a smile. “I guess I was feeling hot, that’s all “. 

“....you were whimpering in your sleep “. Jarim commented and Kyungmi froze on her spot. “Did you have a nightmare? “. 

“Oh….kind of “. Kyungmi laughed it off as she stood up to leave. “I will go wash up now “. She excused as she exited the room, missing the sigh of worry from Jarim. 

 

After she finished washing and changing herself into a light blue T-shirt and a pair of black shorts along with sports sneakers, she walked out of the room to get ready to leave. Apparently, the crew decided to go hiking to one of the mountains nearby. Although she wanted to visit the valley, it was still closed for precaution because of the rain. But she didn’t mind visiting other places since wanted to make great memories by being with her friends. She began tying her hair into a ponytail when the grandmother appeared by opening the door of her bedroom. 

 

“Are you going somewhere? “. She asked with a smile. 

“Yes. We can’t go to the valley, so we’re going to the mountain over there “. Minji explained. 

“Yes, you should. Play and have fun “. The grandma replied. “My goodness, I have to clean “. Then she began to stand up while in tiredness each time she tried to stand up. “Oh oh….that’s not a good sign “. Kyungmi thought as she glanced at everyone. “Oh my, my. My back~ Oh dear “. She complained as she hit her back with her fist. “Anyway, this house is too big “. Kyungmi sighed as she scratched the back of her neck. “Oh dear, when will I get it all done? “. 

“Grandma, should we help you clean? “. Jarim asked her. “ No! Don’t ask her! That’s exactly what she wants! “. Kyungmi mentally shook her head. 

“Oh no, no. Don’t worry about anything and go play. Go “. The grandma said. “I told you to go “. Then some began to slowly stand up while others were giving glances at each other. Then Kyungmin stood up and said. 

“Well then, we’ll be back later “. That’s what he was about to say when a broom fell in front of him when he bowed. 

“You guys insist on helping, I can’t stop you “. She said as she closed the door of her room. 

 

Then everyone began cleaning around the house. Kyungmi was in charge of cleaning the floor with a damp towel. “As expected from the grandma….she just wanted us to be here so we could do all her work. That’s a dirty play, grandma “. She sighed as she just finished wiping all the floor and sat down. 

“Are you done? “. Kyungwoo asked as he was in charge of wiping some parts of the rooftop. 

“Yeah “. Kyungmi sighed as she massaged the back of her neck. 

“Didn’t you sleep well? “. He asked after noticing the dark circles under her eyes. 

“Huh? Oh….”. She slowly nodded as she lightly smiled at him. “I guess I slept in a bad position “. She lied, not wanting to tell him she had a nightmare or else he might mock her, and she wasn’t ready to receive pranks today. Then, she turned her attention when she heard Minji’s voice. 

“Yah. You’ve been cleaning that same spot since before “. She complained at Kyungmin. 

“I’m putting all my dedication into it “. Kyungmin gave an excuse. 

“Aigoo~ so admirable “. She retorted before she began sweeping on the floor. 

“Minji-ah, I swept everything that was here “. Sanghoon told her while holding a bag of trash. 

“You did? Thanks “. Minji said. 

“I’ll throw this away “. Sanghoon said as he showed her the bag of trash. Minji then glared at Kyungmin, who moved to wipe the other spot of the platform. 

“Sanghoon is the most diligent, really. Great job to you! “. She beamed as she gave him a thumb up. Sanghoon shyly smiled as he walked away. Kyungmi hid her smile as she knew what was going on and she was so close to telling it to Minji but she wanted Sanghoon to confess to her first. Then Kyungwoo approached Minji when Sanghoon left. 

“What's this? When did you two get so close? “. 

“Why do you care? “. She asked while feeling suspicious toward him. 

“Do you like him? “. 

“What are you saying, out of the blue? “. She slightly frowned in confusion. 

“If not, never mind “. He replied before looking back at Kyungmi. “Yah, come on. Let’s clean these rags “. 

“Okay “. She nodded in agreement as she stood up, slipped on her sports sneakers, and followed him. “By the way “. Kyungmi called him over. “Does Sanghoon like Minji? “. 

“How did you know about that? “. He blinked in surprise. 

“It was so obvious the moment he decided to pass you the ointment for her “. Kyungmi sighed while shaking her head. “Poor Sanghoon. Minji seems to not have an interest in him at all “. 

“Do you think so? “. He asked. “To me, she seems to like him “. 

“Ha~ “. Kyungmi shook her head in disbelief. “You really don’t know women’s feelings “. 

“And do you know? “. He scoffed in amusement. 

“Better than you “. She retorted and washed the rag. Kyungwoo chuckled at her bickering and washed his rag as well. After they washed them and left them to dry, they walked back to the house, only to see Jinhee and Sanghoon in front of them. 

“Oh! Birth of a new couple over here! “. Kyungmin exclaimed when he saw both of them.

“That’s not so, moron! “. Sanghoon exclaimed. 

“Seriously...can you just shut your trap? “. Jinhee warned him. 

“Doesn’t a strong denial mean a strong affirmation? “. Kyungmin teased. Kyungmi sighed and she walked toward him before grabbing his towel and slamming it on his head. 

“Instead of fooling around with other people's love lives, you should focus on cleaning, will you? “. Kyungmi said as she threw the towel toward him before walking away, with the others laughing at her action toward Kyungmin. Kyungwoo laughed as well and followed her. They both sat down to take a rest while some continued cleaning. Kyungmi sighed with tiredness as she massaged her shoulder, feeling quite tired all of sudden. Kyungwoo noticed it and he began to feel worried. 

“Yah, are you sure you are feeling okay? “. 

“Yeah “. She nodded in assurance. “I’m just a bit tired “. Kyungwoo was about to say something when Ahram yelled. 

“Yah! Everyone gather! Jisoo and I will fight and you have to witness for the winner “. She said as she rolled towels on her hands. 

“Aigoo~ “. Kyungmi shook her head as she clucked her tongue “Jisoo is going to get crushed “. 

 

Ahram and Jisoo stood up in the center while facing each other with some towels on each side of their hands. As everyone sat down to watch the fight. 

“Who will you bet on? “. Kyungmin asked. 

“1,000 won in Namgoong “. Byunghoon said. 

“Me too, Namgoong “. Kyungmin said. “Fighting Namgoong Jisoo! She’s like a man, so don’t go easy on her “. 

“I’m for Oh Ahram “. Kyungwoo suddenly said, surprising the guys. 

“Good choice “. Kyungmi nodded in agreement as she high-fived him. It hasn’t passed a minute before Ahram made a back kick at him, her heel touching his cheek as he fell down with his face making contact with the floor. Kyungmi’s eyes widened in shock from the thud sound and covered with a hand. 

“Stir-fried chicken “. She replied.

“Noona, that was a foul “. Jisoo complained about the unfairness. 

“We never said we were following boxing rules “. She retorted. Kyungmi chuckled after seeing Kyungwoo receiving the money from both guys while Jooyoung slowly gave his bill toward Jarim. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

After cleaning everything and eating something, the crew walked out of the house to go hiking. Minji and Kyungmi were the last ones to leave the house. They were walking with linked arms when Minji received a call from her mother. 

 

“Wait a moment “. Minji told her as she answered the call. “Yes, mom “. Kyungmi hummed as she crossed her arms while she waited for her as they slowly walked toward the door. “I’m having fun. Yes, I ate. Grandma made us something “. As they reached toward the door, they heard voices from Kyungwoo, Kyungmin, and Sanghoon. 

“Wait, but why do you like Yang Minji? “. Kyungmi and Minji looked at each other with surprise at the question. 

“Be quiet “. Kyungwoo replied. 

“I’ll call you back “. Minji responded to her mother as she hung up. “Did you hear that? “. She asked while looking at Kyungmi. The latter slowly nodded as they stayed in silence to keep listening to the conversation. 

“I mean, she acts all haughty, and she’s like an old shrew ”. Kyungmin commented. 

“What are you doing? “. Kyungwoo scoffed as he lightly pushed him forward. “Yah, hurry up and go “. 

“Why didn’t I notice anything? “. Kyungmin wondered. Kyungmi glanced at Minji and sighed when she saw her expression of curiosity. “God….she’s totally misunderstanding this….I have no heart to face her expression of disappointment when the moment comes “. 

“It’s a relief you didn’t “. Kyungwoo commented with a chortle. “You’ll do more good staying put and quiet “. 

“Come on “. Kyungmin clucked his tongue in disapproval. “Wang Ja and Gong Joo being together is the result of my own work “. He showed off. “Want me to help you out? “. 

“Oh Gosh, stop it “. Sanghoon sighed. “Just shut up and don’t do anything, damn it “. 

“Okay “. Kyungmin agreed as he began walking along with Sanghoon. 

"He likes me? Who? “. Minji thought. Kyungmi glanced at her being in her own world and cleared to catch her attention. 

“Minji-ah, let’s go “. Kyungmi suggested as she linked arms with her. Minji said nothing as the girls were about to step out when they saw Kyungwoo in front of them. 

“What are you guys doing here? “. He asked them. 

“Oh, you scared me “. Minji exhaled after feeling startled because of his presence. “Why haven’t you left already? “. 

“I have to get my phone “. He responded and glanced between them and behind before looking back at Minji. “When did you arrive here? “. 

“Just now “. Minji explained. “I came out to take a call and Kyungmi was accompanying me. Just now “. 

“What’s that? “. He scoffed with amusement. “Don’t tell me it’s a guy? “. He chortled as he glanced at Kyungmi one more time before he left to get his phone. 

“It’s my mom….”. Minji mumbled. Kyungmi looked at her spacing out again and exhaled with tiredness as she tugged her forward. 

“Yah, we are late. Let's go “. She said as she pulled her along and both of them headed toward the mountain.  

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

After hiking in the mountains, Kyungmi accompanied Jarim to the kitchen while Ahram and Jisoo joined them. 

“So...what are you making again? “. Kyungmi asked as she pointed at the pot filled with red-colored water. 

“Chili pepper soup “. Jarim replied. Kyungmi slowly nodded but frowned when the chili pepper soup didn’t look like chili pepper soup. She then turned around to look at Ahram who was silently smiling. Kyungmi sighed as she crossed her arms while eyeing Jarim with concern. Kyungwoo was passing by when he spotted them. 

“Wow, you know how to make hangover soup? “. 

“Try the taste. I’ll go to the bathroom for a second “. Jarim said before leaving. Kyungwoo took the ladle and took a sip of the soup. He didn’t say anything but his expression said it all. Kyungmi and Ahram tried to not laugh out loud as Kyungwoo called for Jooyoung. 

“What? “. Jooyoung came. 

“Taste this “. Kyungwoo said as he handed him the ladle. Jooyoung took a sip of it before spitting it out into the sink and taking the teapot to get some water and rinsing it. Meanwhile, Kyungmi, Kyungwoo, Ahram, and Jisoo laughed loudly, finding it hilarious that Jooyoung was suffering because of the soup Wang Jarim made. 

“Aish…. Yah, did you add something in there? Is it a penalty dish or something? “. 

“How is it? “. Kyungwoo asked between laughs. 

“It tastes like death. Like death, really. What did you put in there? “. 

“Jarim made that, you know “. Ahram commented. Jooyoung slowly turned around and shouted as his legs almost lost steadiness when he saw Jarim in front of him. The rest of the guys laughed at his reaction while Jooyoung panicked while trying to give an explanation to Jarim. Then bent down on his knees. 

“This is something you can only taste in heaven once you’ve died, yes “. Jooyoung said while clasping his hands together. 

“This nutcase, he’s quick to adjust “. Kyungwoo said before he left. 

“Whoa, Jarim, this is seriously so delicious. H-How did you make this? “. Jooyoung said as he took the ladle. “Let’s take a spoonful “. Then he took a large sip of the soup but didn’t swallow it because of the taste. 

“He’s not swallowing “. Jisoo commented when he went to check on Jooyoung if he really ate it. Jooyoung denied it before giving his thumbs up at her. He finally swallowed it and he coughed but covered it with the towel that was around his neck. 

“Jarim, I swallowed it “. Then Jarim just walked away as Jooyoung began following her while giving her explanations. Kyungmi shook her head and then saw Ahram going to the pot of soup and began adding a few ingredients to it. 

“Oh? You’re not throwing it away? “. Jisoo asked. 

“That’d be a waste. Why would I? We should save it “. Ahram said as she began revolving the soup with the ladle. “The seasoning should be right now. Want to try? “. Jisoo then tried it and his eyes widened in surprise after tasting it. 

“Oh? Wow~ You managed to save this! “. He was impressed by Ahram’s skills. Ahram also gave Kyungmi a little so she could try it and she nodded in knowledge that the flavor was fine. “I always wondered what Ahram’s food would taste like. This is really a taste from heaven. 10/10 “. She thought as she gave a thumb up to Ahram. 

“I’m good at cooking. I’ll be a chef later “. Ahram explained. 

“Huh? “. Jisoo arched an eyebrow in confusion. 

“Yah, set the table in the living room! “. Ahram exclaimed and Minji responded with an okay. 

“I will go help her “. Kyungmi said as she patted Ahram’s arm before walking out of the kitchen. She was walking toward the room where Minji was taking the table out when she spotted Kyungwoo already walking toward her and grabbing the table for her. She halted her steps and looked at them from a distance as she suddenly felt an uneasy feeling on her chest. “My heart, you have no right to feel jealous, so stop it! “. She talked to herself in her mind. 

“Go and have fun “. Kyungwoo told Minji. “You said you became close “. 

“With whom? “. Minji asked as he followed his gaze, and they landed on Sanghoon talking to Jinhee on the resting area. Then Kyungwoo walked out, leaving Minji with questions on her mind. He then looked up and grew surprised to find Kyungmi spacing out in front of him. He walked closer to her and put the table down before resting a hand over her shoulder. 

“Yah, are you okay? “. He asked. 

“Huh? “. She snapped out of her thoughts and looked at him before nodding in affirmation. “Oh…”. 

“You are acting weird today, you know? “. He pointed out. 

“When did I? “. She cleared before taking the table from him. “I'll get going first then “. She said as she began heading toward the resting area. 

“Yah, let’s go together “. He said as he followed her to help her install it. 


 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Vacations came to an end as the crew arrived at Seoul’s bus terminal. Everyone headed toward arrival gate number 3 and they gathered at the door while getting ready to bid goodbye. 

 

“Hyungs and Noonims, I had a wonderful time “. Jisoo said. 

“Bye! “. Minji waved at him. 

“It was fun. See you next time “. Jinhee told him. 

“Get back safely, guys. I have to stop somewhere so I’ll go now “. Jarim said and everyone nodded in understanding. 

“I’m going to go with Jarim, too “. Jooyoung told them and bid goodbye to everyone before following Jarim behind. 

“Then, I will also get going “. Jisoo bowed and he was about to leave when Ahram grabbed his bag before muttering in a threatening way. 

“My stir-fried chicken “. 

“Oh, right “. Jisoo exhaled. “Yes “. Then he received her bag as she gave him her sweet smile. 

“Let's go. Let's move “. She patted his back as they left. 

“They’re going to end up dating at that rate “. Jinhee commented. Kyungmi doubted about that but she wasn’t against the idea of Ahram dating Jisoo either. 

“Ah Rong? No way “. Minji doubted it. “Instead of them…..”. Then she glanced at Kyungwoo. “ I think another couple will form “. She replied. 

“Really? Who? “. Jinhee then glanced at Kyungwoo and Kyungmi, who happened to stand next to each other. Kyungmi tilted her head to the side in confusion when Jinhee looked at her. 

“Oh? “. Minji blinked a little before pointing at Jinhee with her chin. “You and Sanghoon “. Jinhee then glanced at Sanghoon, who also glanced at her before looking away. Kyungmi sighed as she shook her head. “That’s what you really want to believe, sorry Minji. But this time I can’t agree with you “. 

“I should get going, too “. Jinhee suddenly said and immediately left. 

“Yah, where are you going? Yah! “. Minji called for her, but Jinhee already left. Kyungmi then saw Sanghoon approaching Minji while scratching the back of his neck in shyness. 

“Um….”. 

“Yes? Me? “. Minji asked as she pointed at herself. “What? “. Sanghoon exhaled in nervousness while taking his time to speak to her. The guys sighed in frustration and Kyungwoo stepped in. 

“Yah, Jung Sanghoon likes you and wants to know your number “. 

“Yah! “. Sanghoon exclaimed. 

“You’re making the bystanders frustrated to death! “. Kyungmin complained. “This punk has to go get some lessons from Gong Jooyoung “. He joked. 

“Forget it. I’ll figure it out on my own so all of you get lost “. 

“What? Including me? “. Kyungmi pointed at herself with disbelief written on her face. Sanghoon sighed as he pushed all of them away so he could be alone with Minji. Kyungmi scoffed in disbelief as the rest of the boys laughed. Then she felt an arm resting around her shoulders and looked up to see Kyungwoo looking comfortable. “Yah, am I a couch or something? Take your arm away from me “. Kyungmi protested as she tried to take his arm away from her but he grabbed her shoulder tighter even more. 

“Just let me be. I’m tired and I need a supporter “. Kyungwoo explained. 

“Supporter, my “. She mumbled as she pretended to hit but let him rest his arm around her. Then the four of them stopped as they waited for Sanghoon. Kyungmi took a glance at the pair and she saw how blank Minji’s expression was, mostly showing disappointment. “She really must be….since she misunderstood Kyungwoo’s intentions as if he liked her….I wish I could help her, but what can I do? “. 

“Yah, Kyung “. Kyungwoo called her. 

“Huh? “. She blinked as she looked at him. “What? “. 

“Do you want to go to the internet cafe? “. He asked her. “It’s been a while since you went to one “. 

“Oh….”. Then she saw the pair back before nodding at him. “Sure “. 

“What’s this? “. Kyungmin pointed at both of them. “Are you going on a date or something? Without us? “. Kyungmin then pointed between Byunghoon and him. 

“Date, my “. Kyungmi pretended to kick him. “Stop being a matchmaker and get worried about your love life, please? “. 

“Yah, that was mean! “. Kyungmin pouted. 

“Oh! He’s coming back “. Kyungwoo announced them. “Yah, Jung Sang. Did you get turned down? “. 

“I’m going ahead “. Sanghoon said with disappointment and embarrassment present in both his expression and voice as he left. The three guys laughed and Kyungmi watched him with pity. 

“Yah, let’s go “. Kyungwoo said as he dragged Kyungmi along with him as the four of them began to walk away. Kyungmi looked back and saw how sad and disappointed Minji looked. With a heavy heart, she turned her head to the front and continued walking with the guys. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

After they played a few rounds of Overwatch, Kyungmi, and Kyungwoo decided to call it a day and decided to go back to their own homes. 

 

“Since I won, I will be waiting for that sausage bread tomorrow “. She said as she pointed at him with narrowed eyes. 

“Stop being like Oh Ahram, it's not cute “. Kyungwoo sighed as he shook his head. “Because of you, I will go bankrupt “. 

“Your fault because you decided to make a bet “. She shrugged her shoulders. Kyungwoo scoffed in disbelief as he shook his head but didn’t say anything. Kyungmi exhaled as she rubbed her tummy after she heard it growling from hunger. 

“You hungry? “. He asked. 

“Yeah “. Kyungmi nodded as she kept rubbing her tummy. “I guess I will make ramen once I get home “. 

“Ramen? “. He blinked as he watched her with amusement. “That’s too lame “. He retorted. “How about if we go to eat something? “. 

“And spend more money than usual? “. She scoffed as she shook her head. “Forget it. I would rather have ramen “. 

“Oh come on~ “. He whined as he shook her arm. Kyungmi chuckled at his childish reaction but she shook her head in denial. They were arriving at their neighborhood when female voices called their names. They looked at the front to see their mothers looking at them with surprise and with smiles on their faces. 

“Mom? “. They said in unison. 

“Kyungmi-ah “. Kyungmi’s mother beamed when she saw her daughter. “You arrived earlier than usual! “. She said as she saw her and Kyungwoo walking closer to her. “You came too, Kyungwoo “. 

“Hello “. He greeted her as he bowed. 

“You know my son? “. Kyungwoo’s mother blinked with curiosity. 

“Ah~ Your son visited my daughter once and she introduced him to me “. Kyungmi’s mother explained with a smile on her face. “Who would have thought that Kyungwoo would turn out to be your son? He’s such a gentleman and caring boy “. Kyungwoo blushed at her compliment and looked away in shyness. 

“Oh my, is that so? “. Kyungwoo’s mother looked at Kyungmi’s mother with surprise. “He’s usually quite cold with everyone “. She pointed out. “I guess your daughter is an amazing person to melt my son’s heart “. She commented as she looked at Kyungmi with a smile. “Also, she’s really pretty~ Totally Kyungwoo’s style “. She complimented her. 

“Ay, mom! “. He cried out as Kyungmi cleared while rubbing the back of her neck with shyness. 

“Why? It’s the truth “. His mother responded with honesty as she chuckled after seeing the blush on her son’s face. “Ah! You guys must be hungry! We were about to go out and eat, how about you guys join us? “. She suggested. 

“Right! It will be nice if you guys join us! “. Kyungmi’s mother beamed. 

“Ah! We wouldn’t want to bother “. Kyungmi said as she shook her hands to the sides. 

“It’s alright! “. Kyungwoo’s mother insisted. “I would like to know the person who Kyungwoo finds so special to walk through his walls “. 

“Mom, you are embarrassing me “. He complained in embarrassment before looking at Kyungmi. “We don’t have to go if you don’t want to “. He told her so she doesn’t feel pressured. 

“Oh….”. She then eyed between him and their mothers before flashing him a soft smile of assurance. “It’s alright. Let's join them. It will be disrespectful to reject an invitation from an adult “. 

“Aigoo~ your personality is so nice too “. Kyungwoo’s mother complimented as she linked arms with Kyungwoo’s mother. “You sure raised her well “. 

“What are you saying? “. Kyungmi’s mother chuckled. “Come on, let’s get going. Our children must be starving “. She suggested as both mothers began walking to the front. Kyungmi and Kyungwoo blinked as they looked at each other before looking back at their mothers walking with wide smiles while talking lively about something. 

“Wow….”. Kyungmi reacted as she tilted her head to the side. “Who would have thought that our mothers are friends? This world is so small “. 

“I know, right? “. He chortled as he looked at them with a smile before looking at his friend. “Come on, let’s go “. He said as she nodded in agreement before following them. 

 

They arrived at a place that sells Japanese pork cutlets, took a seat on a table, with Kyungmi sitting next to her mother while Kyungwoo sat across from her with his mother next to him and they ordered their food. 

 

“So...you have been friends since middle school? “. Kyungmi asked as she looked between her mother and Kyungwoo’s mother. 

“Yeah “. Kyungwoo’s mother nodded with a smile. “We even went to the same high school “. 

“Wow~ “. Kyungmi reacted with a smile of surprise as she eyed the adults. “This is so interesting “. 

“Yeah “. Kyungwoo nodded in agreement as he smiled at both adults. “I was worried you didn’t have many friends, but I’m glad you have reliable friends “. He commented. 

“Yah, you make me sound like a loner “. Kyungwoo’s mother complained as she nudged her son’s arm as Kyungmi and her mother chuckled at their interaction, but Kyungmi thought it was strange that coincidently their mothers were friends, considering that she was just an extra and he was the second lead. “Is it because the story changed a little? Maybe because I became friends with Kyungwoo, I guess it automatically makes our mothers friends…”. She thought as she tilted her head to the side. 

“Well, I must say thanks to your son for being a great friend to our Kyungmi “. Her mother commented as she looked at her daughter with affection and patted her head. “I was worried she was distancing herself from the society after my husband’s death, but now that she has gained a good friend, I can rest assured “. Kyungmi softened at her mother’s words as she softly smiled at her. 

“I know that feeling….”. Kyungwoo’s mother nodded in agreement as she looked at her son and smiled. “I guess it can’t be helped since we, as single mothers, don’t have the time to take care of their own children and watch over them….”.

“Mom “. Kyungwoo called her as he looked at her with assurance. “You did a great job, raising me. So stop blaming yourself for not taking care of me “. He said as he rested a hand over his mother’s hand. Kyungmi smiled a little at the scene before looking at her mother while grabbing her hand. 

“He's right. Both of you did a great job raising us. So please be assured that you did well “. Both mothers looked between them before letting out chuckles of relief, while Kyungmi and Kyungwoo looked at each other and smiled. 

 

After lunch, both teenagers’ mothers walked first to the front while Kyungmi and Kyungwoo walked behind them. 

 

“Thanks “. Kyungwoo suddenly said as they were walking, making her frown in confusion at his sudden response. 

“What for? “. She wondered. 

“Just because….”. He replied as he smiled after seeing his mother so lively next to Kyungmi’s mother. “After I began meeting you, everything in my life began to become much brighter than before. Also, I get to see my mom smiling like that “. Kyungmi looked at the adults and smiled when she knew what he was referring to. “Also, I wasn’t able to thank you for everything you’ve done to me “. He said as he looked at her. “I swear I feel like I just received more than I deserve “. Kyungmi swore she felt her heart skipping a beat when he stared at her with an intense gaze. “And...you are by my side whenever I feel troubled “. She slowly blinked her eyes as she tried to process his words in her mind. She cleared as she nervously laughed as she felt awkward by the sudden serious atmosphere. 

“What are you saying? “. She giggled. “Of course, I would. We are friends after all “. She missed the twitch in one of his eyebrows as he flinched when she said that. He laughed it off as he slowly nodded in agreement. 

“Right...friends “. He mumbled and she wondered if he was mad by what she said. “I’ve been wondering about something “. He started as they were arriving near their neighborhood. “Aren’t you interested in dating? “.

“Why the sudden question? “. Kyungmi frowned as she crossed her arms. 

“Just because….”. He replied. 

“Well….of course, I have interest in dating “. Kyungmi started. “But….I don’t think now it’s the right time to date “. 

“Why not? “. He asked out of curiosity. 

“Hm….”. Kyungmi thought for a moment before answering. “I guess I feel like I’m not ready to be with someone and share my thoughts and secrets? “. She tilted her head to the side. “I kind of have a complicated situation….”. 

“Which is? “. He questioned as he wanted to know more about her. 

“It’s….hard to explain “. Kyungmi anxiously chuckled as she scratched her chin. “Sorry, I can’t tell you now “. She apologized. When she saw him slowly nodding with understanding but with an expression of disappointment, she called him. “Kyungwoo-ah….I’m saying this because you are the one I trust the most. Can you wait for me, until I feel ready to share everything with you? “. He looked surprised at first before letting out a chuckle from his lips. 

“Alright, I can wait “. He nodded in affirmation. Kyungmi grinned in relief as she felt thankful that Kyungwoo was being understanding in this situation. “Of course I know I won’t end up with you in a romantic way, but at least I want to have you as a close friend “.

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

A few days later, Kyungmi woke up early to help Minji and Ahram clean the school for their volunteer hours. Kyungmi wore her olive green blouse along with a pair of black shorts and black military-style boots. When she made sure her outfit was okay, she left her apartment. After thirty minutes, she finally arrived at the school grounds and headed toward her classroom, where she agreed to meet them. She arrived and was surprised to find them along with Kyungwoo and Byunghoon. She walked toward them as she waved at the girls. 

 

“Oh? What are you guys doing here? I thought you were going to the internet cafe today “. 

“That was the plan….”. Kyungwoo sighed as he put his phone to the side. “Until Jooyoung called him to be Jarim’s replacement “. He said while pointing at Byunghoon. 

“I made him come with me “. Byunghoon proudly told her. Kyungmi chuckled as she shook her head. 

“Good job, we needed people anyway “. 

“By the way, where’s Ahn Kaeng? “. Kyungwoo wondered and just like magic, Kyungmin appeared with an authentic outfit and style. Kyungmi’s eyes widened and covered with her hand as she saw him walking toward them while wearing a denim style from the 80’s, with a pink wig and sunglasses to match his ‘retro’ style. 

“Hey “. He saluted in English. 

“OH.MY.GOD! “. Kyungmi emphasized capitals in English while Ahram burst out in laughter.

“What the heck are you doing this early in the morning? Makes me want to puke “. Kyungwoo retorted as he stared at his friend in disgust. “Whoa, you’re seriously doing all sorts of things now “. 

“I always wondered what people referred to as fashion terrorist “. Kyungmi chuckled in a mocking way. “Now I get the term “. 

“Now that it’s vacation, you’re doing crazy sh*t “. Ahram laughed. “Who would’ve expected to see Ahn Kyungmin like this? “. 

“Did you actually spend money on that wig? “. Byunghoon asked with disbelief as Kyungmi shook her head in disapproval. “You can’t even use it when school starts, so why are you throwing your money away like that? “. 

“Just shut the hell up “. Kyungmin made a face of ‘I don’t care’. “If I get a girlfriend before that, it’ll be worth it “. 

“I really doubt that “. Kyungmi mumbled as the girls agreed with her. 

“Yeah, you won’t get one “. Ahram added. 

“He’s the type girls hate the most, isn’t he? “. Minji commented as the girls nodded in agreement with her statement. 

“That’s just your preference “. Kyungmin started. “While I was coming here, the girls’ eyes were already glued to me “. He said as he flipped the locks of his wig behind. 

“Aren’t you hot? “. Minji cringed in disgust as she grabbed his jacket and shook him. “Hurry up and take it off! I can’t breathe just looking at you “. 

“You’ll get all that taken from you “. Ahram pointed out with a laugh. Kyungmin scoffed in disbelief. 

“Seriously, why are you picking a fight with me when I’m trying to be a bit more awesome? “. 

“Who in the world are you talking about? “. Minji and Ahram said at the same time before high-fiving each other. 

“If anyone takes it away from me, I’m going to report it to the office of education “. 

“I would like to see you try that “. Kyungmi chuckled while shaking her head in disbelief. Then Ahn Kyungmin took a part of his jacket off, showing off his ‘tattoo’ on his left upper arm. Kyungmi rolled her eyes as she pretended to puke while Ahram cursed under her breath and almost hit him. 

“No one can stop me now “. Kyungmin said. 

“Oh, Mr. Dokgo Moon! Hello! “. Kyungwoo said as he stood up and bowed, with Kyungmin immediately taking his wig off while facing the door. He cursed under his breath when he heard the laughs of everyone. 

“That seriously looks horrible! “. Ahram pointed at his hair covered in a net for his wig. 

“Okay, okay “. Kyungmi clapped to grab their attention. “Enough joking and let’s begin working. I don’t plan to spend my whole day cleaning the school “. She said as she went to her locker to put her purse there. Then everyone got the cleaning supplies from the mini janitor and began cleaning. Kyungmi began cleaning in the classroom of Class 1 along with Kyungwoo while Kyungmin helped the rest. Meanwhile, Minji was in charge of spraying water in all the plants of the school building while Ahram was in charge of cleaning parts of Class 3 and Byunghoon was helping her by sweeping the floor with a broom. 

Minji looked behind to see if everyone was working and she noticed that Kyungmi, Kyungwoo, and Kyungmin were missing. But she knew that Kyungmi was in Class 1 so she asked. 

“What about Ahn Kyungmin and Lee Kyungwoo? Where did they go? “. 

“They said they were going to clean the mop. Are they not back yet? “. Ahram questioned. 

“What’s with them? “. Minji frowned in disapproval that they disappeared without helping much before going back to put water on the plants. “If they’re going to slack off, then they shouldn’t have come to help “. 

“I came back “. Kyungmi announced as she entered the room where the rest were. 

“Did you finish? “. Ahram asked with a smile of ‘Good work’. 

“Yeah, thanks to Kyungwoo I was able to finish cleaning fast “. Kyungmi replied. Minji flinched a little at the mention of Kyungwoo, feeling a little jealous, and decided to stay quiet. “What should I do next? “. 

“After I finish cleaning this, let’s go sweeping the corridors’ floor “. Ahram suggested. 

“Okay “. Kyungmi nodded. “Then I will clean Class 2 meanwhile “. Kyungmi said as she left. 

“Where are the other plants that need to be watered? “. Minji asked after Kyungmi left. 

“The infirmary and the school office “. Ahram replied to her. 

“Okay “. Minji nodded in understanding before leaving to go to the infirmary. As she began watering the plants, someone patted her shoulder, startling her as she abruptly spun around with the watering can, causing water to spill on Kyungwoo’s clothes. 

“Yah, what are you doing?! “. Kyungwoo complained as he dusted the water away from his T-shirt. 

“Yah! You startled me! What were you doing? “. Minji whined at him. 

“You’re overreacting “. He sighed. “I’m all wet now “. 

“Yah! It’s your fault for startling me! What were you doing here? “. 

“I was lying down for a bit “. He replied as he began sweeping the floor. “Taking a ten-minute break “. Minji sighed at his explanation. 

“Everyone else is working while you’re shamelessly resting. If you were going to do this, you shouldn’t have come at all “. 

“Don’t be nagging me so much when I’m helping out of my goodwill. You’ll get all the volunteering points anyway “. He pointed out. 

“Okay...thanks “. She forced a smile. “Ah, but what were you going to ask me earlier? “. 

“Ah~ “. Kyungwoo stopped sweeping and faced her. “Whether you gave your number to Sanghoon or not “. Minji frowned in annoyance before turning around to give the rest of the water to the plants. 

“No, I didn’t. How’s that any of your business? “. 

“Come on, just give it to him “. Kyungwoo insisted. “Or do you want me to give you his? “. 

“I said forget it “. She responded with frustration.

“What the heck? Is he that unlikable? You’re putting up one sturdy iron wall here “. Kyungwoo commented. “Why are you behaving like Wang Jarim? “. At that, Minji sighed with anger as she passed through him. 

“Freaking annoying “. She muttered before walking out of the infirmary. Kyungmi, who just finished cleaning Class 2, was about to go to the infirmary when she spotted Minji. 

“Oh! Minji-ah! Did you finish watering the plants there? “. Kyungmi grew puzzled when Minji walked past her as if she was angry with something. Confused, she walked into the infirmary only to find Kyungwoo spacing out. “Yah, did something happen to Minji? She looks mad “. 

“It’s because I said something I shouldn’t have “. Kyungwoo sighed as he ruffled his hair. 

“Huh? What did you say to make her mad like that? “. Kyungmi wondered as she blinked. 

Then she remembered the lines of this scene and sighed with a shake of her head. “Whatever it is, you should go and apologize to her if you did something wrong to her “. Kyungwoo exhaled through his nose as he looked conflicted. Kyungmi lifted her lips to the right corner before walking toward him and resting a hand over his shoulder. “You can do it “. She assured him. Kyungwoo smiled a little before nodding at her in affirmation. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Kyungmi and Ahram began sweeping the corridor's floor with the help of Byunghoon. The former grew startled when Ahram began yelling at Kyungwoo and Kyungmin, who were sitting on a stair while playing videogames on their phones. 

“Yah! If you aren’t going to work properly I’ll just sweep you out of the school building! “. Ahram threatened them. 

“Okay, we’ll work, just one minute! “. Kyungmin pleaded, with his eyes glued to his phone. 

“We’re really done in one minute, just a sec! “. Kyungwoo added. Ahram scoffed as she placed the broom over Kyungmin’s neck as if it was a sword and grabbed a fist of his wig before taking it out. 

“Yah, what’s more important, the game or your life? “. 

 

Kyungmi chuckled and looked up to see Minji, still mad, glancing at the boys before walking away on her way to the music classroom. Kyungwoo saw her and then glanced at Kyungmi. The latter pointed her chin at the music classroom, telling him to go and apologize. Kyungwoo sighed as he stood up and put his phone to the side. 

 

Minji was cleaning the top of the piano with thoughts of anger in her mind. She was already hating the fact that Kyungwoo didn’t like her but she felt more annoyed that he was pressuring her in pairing with his friend plus insulting her for trying to imitate Jarim. Kyungwoo looked at her through the opened door and slided it to a side before getting in as he began sweeping the floor. Minji noticed him and pretended to not notice him as she focused on cleaning the piano. Kyungwoo got closer to her, before replying. 

 

“Yah. I shouldn’t have said that earlier “. He stopped sweeping as he glanced at her. “But if you don’t feel like dating him, that’s all. Why did you get so angry? “. Minji glanced at him and said nothing as she went back to cleaning. Kyungwoo exhaled as he took a can of soda out from the back pocket of his pants and placed it on the surface of the piano before opening it for her. Minji slowly looked at him, wondering what he was doing. “Drink this “. He said before walking away. Minji looked at the soda, and some part of her anger was gone. 

 

An hour later, they finished cleaning all the school. Kyungmi took her purse out of her locker and swung the strap over her shoulder as everyone was getting ready to leave. 

 

“So what are we going to eat? “. Kyungmin asked. 

“Can you buzz off? I’d be embarrassed to eat together with you “. Kyungwoo said as he patted Minji’s shoulder. “Don’t you agree? “. He asked her. 

“Yeah...totally “. 

“Yah, take this wig off. Am I supposed to be able to eat anything while looking at that hair?! “. Ahram exclaimed in annoyance. 

“Absolutely not, NEVER “. He emphasized as he turned around to face them. “Yah, as if that’d stop you from eating “. 

Kyungmi almost burst out of laughter when she spotted teacher Dokgo Moon outside of the classroom while eyeing with shock at Kyungmin. 

“Mr. Dokgo Moon, hello “. Kyungmi was the first one to bow at him and the rest except Kyungmin followed. 

“I told you not to joke around- “. Kyungmin turned around and froze when he saw Mr. Dokgo Moon was really there at his front and immediately took the wig and his sunglasses off. Mr. Dokgo Moon looked at him with disbelief and walked toward him to scold him. 

“Yah, Ahn- “. The teacher started but stopped short when he eyed Kyungwoo. “Right….I wasn’t in the scene since I went to celebrate my mom’s birthday, but I remember Kyungwoo telling me that the customer of the event was Mr. Dokgo Moon. I remember this scene when the both of them faced each other with disbelief. What an epic moment “. Kyungmi hid her smile and cleared to hide her laughter. “Ahn Kyungmin “. 

“Yes? “.

“Make sure you return to your original look by the start of school “. 

“Yes, sir “. 

After the teacher left, everyone burst out in laughter as Kyungmin sighed with relief. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

The six of them began eating at a Korean snack restaurant, having their usual serving of spicy rice cake. The girls were surprised when the boys announced that today was Jooyoung’s birthday. 

No wonder he insisted the guys come instead of Jarim “. Kyungmi thought as she put her chopsticks down. 

“He told us not to tell Wang Jarim no matter what, so we didn’t “. Kyungwoo explained. 

“But you’re just out here? You won’t do something for your friend? “. Minji asked. 

“Letting him be alone with Wang Jarim is his present. What else should we do for him? “. Kyungwoo responded. 

“And we decided helping you guys out would replace getting him a present “. Kyungmin added. 

“But still “. Ahram slurped the ramen before talking. “ You should get him a cake at least. I don’t understand you guys “. 

“I agree “. Kyungmi hummed. 

“I’m the one who doesn’t understand you “. Kyungwoo commented. “The one concerned decided on that, so why would we do anything more? “. 

“I agree with Ahram! “. Byunghoon lifted his arm. “When you guys forgot about my birthday- “. 

“Then let’s go quickly. We need to buy a cake first “. Minji cut him off. 

“Okay “. Everyone agreed as they stood up to leave. Everyone except Ahram, who continued eating. Minji looked at her as she rested a hand over her friend’s shoulder to stop her from eating anymore. 

“Stop eating, girl “. 

“Ah wait, wait, just that one bite “. Ahram pleaded. 

Kyungmi chuckled before taking her phone out to text Jarim that they will go buy the cake and go to Jooyoung’s house to surprise him. 

 

After buying the cake, the six of them arrived at Jooyoung’s place and hid in some parts of the studio to surprise him as they waited for him to arrive. Kyungmi was getting tired as she was hiding behind the bed. 

 

“What’s taking him so long? “. What the is he doing? “. Kyungmin complained. 

“They’re going to make single-for-life Kyungmin cry tears of blood. What the hell are they doing? “. Byunghoon commented as he was in charge of holding the cake with candles. 

“Yah. Don’t pretend you aren’t the same as me “. Kyungmin felt offended by his words. Kyungwoo came out from the stand and sighed. 

“Gong Jooyoung must be making the most of it since it’s his birthday “. Then the girls came out of their hiding, which was behind the bed. 

“I sent Jarim a message. They’ll come “. Kyungmi replied. Kyungwoo walked to the door and stopped short when he heard steps and voices coming closer. 

“Hey, they're coming. Get ready “. He then almost threw the paper towel at Kyungmin before letting it fall on the floor. “Hide, you moron “. 

“Hey, where do I go with the cake? “. Byunghoon slightly panicked when no one helped him.

“Just hide somewhere! “. 

“Hide! “. 

Byunghoon took a step on the paper towel Kyungwoo left on the floor and slipped on it as he fell, as well as the cake. 

Everyone froze as they turned the lights on and panicked when the cake was ruined.

“Yah, Kim Byunghoon! You should have been careful! “. Kyungmin cried out in annoyance as he looked at the mess. 

“Let’s clean this up before they come “. Kyungmi said as she looked for water tissues to clean the cake from the floor. As the girls were trying to take the cake off the floor, they heard the sound of the code and the click of the door being opened. 

“Here you go. But my house is a bit of a mess….”. Jooyoung explained to Jarim and stopped talking when he saw the mess. Everyone glanced at each other before forcing a smile. 

“Surprise! “. They nervously smiled. 

“What the are you guys doing right now?! “. Jooyoung yelled at them. “Well….at least this will be a memorable birthday “. Kyungmi thought as she forced a smile at Jooyoung who began making a ruckus about how they ruined his studio.