Chapter 2

Accidentally Changing The Story of a Web Drama

At the table near the balcony of the coffee shop, Kyungmi and Seri were sitting across each other while looking everywhere except their eyes. Well….it was more like Kyungmi avoiding eye contact with Seri. “Aish….I feel so embarrassed about a moment ago….”. She mentally cursed as she closed her eyes out of embarrassment. 

 

“I hope you don’t mind that I ordered a strawberry milkshake “. Seri started the conversation to break the awkward atmosphere around them. “I remembered you liked that drink that much “. 

“Y-Yeah “. Kyungmi rapidly nodded as she nervously laughed and grabbed the large cup of the beverage with both hands. “I like everything so it’s okay “. 

“That’s a relief “. Seri softly smiled as she also grabbed her cup of chocolate milkshake and took a sip of it. Kyungmi mimicked her gestures, as she felt getting dry from all the nervousness she was feeling at the moment. There were so many questions she wanted to ask but she didn’t know where to start. “I’m sorry if I contacted you after a long time, you must feel uncomfortable being with me “. 

“N-No! “. Kyungmi waved her hands to the sides to deny it. “Not at all “.

“Really? “. Seri slightly smiled with hope. “To be honest, I wanted to contact you before. I heard from the news that a girl of our age with the surname Choi was involved in an accident, and I immediately thought of you and I wanted to know if you were okay….but you can see...we are not in terms of talking to each other. Also...it looks like you changed your phone number, and you got a new IG ID “. Seri explained, which Kyungmi frowned with confusion. “What is it? Did we fight or something? Are we not friends? “. “But I’m glad that you are okay and that you weren’t involved in that accident “. She replied with relief. Kyungmi exhaled through her nose while staring directly at Seri, trying to find the right words to not shock her from the truth. 

“Actually….”. Kyungmi began speaking before telling her. “I’m the girl from that accident “. 

“W-What? “. Seri’s eyes widened in shock. 

“Yeah, it’s hard to explain since I don’t remember everything before the accident “. Kyungmi explained. “The doctor diagnosed me with mild amnesia, but still I don’t remember anything about my past and I also have trouble recognizing people that I used to know as well, that’s why I couldn’t recognize you immediately “. “Good, this will be the best excuse in case that someone who knows the real Kyungmi comes out of nowhere, that way no one would suspect that I came from another world. At least, it’s partially true that I can’t remember anything. “. Kyungmi nodded with satisfaction at her excuse. “And whenever I try to remember something, my head hurts like crazy so the doctor told me to not overdo myself to remember everything “. 

“Then...a moment ago, was it because a memory popped out of your mind? “. Seri asked with concern. 

“Mm...you could say something like that “. Kyungmi nodded in agreement by the term and then scanned Seri’s reaction. When she saw how sad her expression turned, she sighed. “I’m sorry for not recognizing you…”. 

“No! It’s okay! It can happen! “.  Seri shook her hands to the side. “But you really don’t remember anything? “. She asked and Kyungmi nodded in response. “At all? “. She nodded again. “I see….”. 

“That’s why….”. Kyungmi hesitated to speak before taking enough courage to say. “That’s why I told you to meet up. Because I want to know about my past. First...how was I like? “. She eyed Seri with curiosity. “I hope Kyungmi wasn’t one of those y girls who bullied others “. 

“Well….”. Seri looked up to think about it. “You were a bright person, always trying to interact with people and everyone liked you for your easy-going personality “. Seri started and Kyungmi mentally sighed with relief. “Thank God I wasn’t a bully “. “But then, that was when we were friends….”. Seri commented and Kyungmi’s body ran cold after hearing that. “It was last year when we were separated in different classes and you began hanging out with a new group of kids since you were popular back then “. She replied with hesitation while checking Kyungmi’s reaction. When she saw nothing that offended her, she continued. “They were….kind of a group of troublemakers and some of them were our seniors, but what I remember is that you never did anything bad while being with them “. Again, Kyungmi mentally sighed with relief. “At least, I was a good girl. Good job, Choi Kyungmi “. “After you began hanging out with them, we talked less and less until we distanced from each other….”. Seri replied with sadness by the memory. “I once confronted you about it but you still said that they were good people, that what I was seeing was just the typical stereotypical issue of the society… so that’s why we stopped talking to each other “. 

“That 's….”. Kyungmi sighed with remorse as she felt stupid for abandoning such a nice friend for over a bunch of idiots. “I’m sorry….I should have listened to you “. 

“It's okay “. Seri softly smiled at her. “That’s in the past now, and I guess you don’t contact them anymore “. 

“Talking about that….”. Kyungmi rested her elbows on the table while eyeing her. “I found it strange because there was no social media on my phone and the only contact I had when I woke up after the accident was my mom’s…. Did I perhaps have some fight with that group of kids? “. 

“Oh….I actually don’t know since I wasn’t there “. 

“Then...you wouldn’t know what happened before the accident I guess….”. Kyungmi sighed, defeated as she leaned her back against the chair. “Never mind, I guess I will find out somehow “. She forced a smile before changing the topic. “Anyways, I would like to know more about me and about you! Since I can’t remember what I really was like, I would like to know everything, like how we met, what things I liked back then and what you like, everything! “. 

“You sure you want to know? “. 

“Of course! “. Kyungmi nodded with determination. “Let’s say this is a celebration for our reunion as friends again. How about it? “. She suggested. A spark tinkled in Seri’s eyes as she smiled widely at her with a firm nod. 

“That sounds good “. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

After a long talk, Kyungmi was able to learn more about ‘herself’. She met Seri when they started middle school together and they were in the same class for two years in a row until last year. They were seatmates and since their personalities matched, they’ve been inseparable since then. Seri told her how sociable she was with everyone, as well as being smart, that’s why she was considered popular during middle school. But then she mentioned some weaknesses about her: she was quite picky with food, for example, she doesn’t like sweet or bitter things, she hated meat the most plus she was avoiding eating carbohydrates because she was worried she would gain weight. Another weakness was that since she was very kind-hearted, she wasn’t observant at all about other people’s intentions, so sometimes her kindness was used and manipulated. “Not just pretty, she was a complete idiot…”. Kyungmi thought as she shook her head at how pushover she was. 

 

“So...I was practically an idiot “. Kyungmi forced a smile. 

“Don’t be so harsh on yourself “. Seri pouted with concern as she rubbed Kyungmi’s arm. “Besides, you seem different now “. 

“Well….let’s just say that the accident changed my personality as well, and my eating habits too “. Kyungmi nodded at the excuse as she felt kind of proud that her lies were coming out naturally. 

“I know it will sound rude….but I like this Kyungmi now “. Seri giggled. 

“Tsk “. Kyungmi scoffed in disbelief but smiled anyway. She checked her wristwatch and saw that she had to go home to get some homework done. “I should get going “. 

“Oh, me too “. Seri replied as she also checked the time. “I was so excited about this meeting that I wasn’t aware of the time “. 

“We should meet up when we have time “. Kyungmi suggested. Seri widely smiled and eagerly nodded. 

“I would love to “. 

 

They walked out of the coffee shop and bid goodbye to each other before parting ways. 

 

“I can’t believe Kyungmi really left a friend like Seri….if I was in my real self, I would have told her to be my BFF in an instant “. She mumbled as she hopped off the bus and walked straight to the crowded streets. 

 

As she continued walking, she didn’t notice Kyungwoo and his friends walking out of the internet cafe they were previously in. 

 

“Seatmate? “. Kyungwoo murmured as he spotted her walking toward their way. 

“Who? “. Byunghoon asked as he followed Kyungwoo’s gaze. “Wow~ who is she? She's so pretty! “. 

“Ah~ she’s my seatmate, don’t know her name though. The only thing I know is that she’s friends with Wang Jarim “. Kyungwoo explained. 

“Wang Jarim?! “. Jooyoung exclaimed with widened eyes. 

“Don’t even think about- “. Kyungwoo’s words were cut off when Jooyoung ran toward Kyungmi. “Aish ....yah! “. 

 

Kyungmi was so immersed in her cellphone, typing all the new facts about the real Kyungmi on her notes that she didn’t notice Jooyoung suddenly appearing in front of her. 

 

“Hi! “. 

“AH MOMMY! “. Kyungmi screamed her lungs out as she took a step backward, almost falling from her spot. 

“Oh, sorry! “. Jooyoung immediately apologized as he noticed how startled she was. “I didn’t mean to scare you “. 

“It’s...okay “. Kyungmi breathed and looked at him suspiciously, wondering what he wanted from her. “What brings you here? “. 

“Oh! Do you know me? “. 

“Tsk, how wouldn’t I know? You have a crush on Wang Jarim- “. Kyungmi slapped a hand over because this fact shouldn’t be known right now. “Me and my big mouth “. She mentally cursed at herself. 

“How do you know I have a crush on Wang Jarim? “. Jooyoung blinked his puppy's eyes multiple times. Kyungmi glanced at Kyungwoo and Byunghoon coming their way as she thought of an explanation that seems to be credible. 

“I noticed how you looked at her at the bus stop so I thought you would have a crush on her, I guess I’m correct, right? “. 

“Wow~ you really have a good eye “. Jooyoung nodded in knowledge. Kyungmi mentally sighed in relief that he bought her excuse. “That’s why I need a favor to ask “. 

“Me? “. Kyungmi asked as she pointed at herself. Jooyoung nodded with a wide smile. 

“You see since you hang out with Jarim a lot, I was wondering if you know anything about her ideal type “. 

“Ideal type? “. Kyungmi thought for a moment to remember every piece of information from the web drama. She knew that Jarim wasn’t interested in dating yet, plus she didn’t like being the center of attention so she hated that Jooyoung was showy and noisy in front of people. “It would be nice to tell him everything….but that means it will change the storyline of this drama. I guess it won’t hurt if I reveal to him a little information in advance, but I don’t want to give him without receiving anything in exchange either “. She cleared before crossing her arms. “If I tell you, what would you give me in exchange? “. 

“What would you like to receive? “. Jooyoung blinked with curiosity. Kyungmi smiled at him before pointing out the stuff she wanted in exchange. 

“I’ve been playing Legend of Leagues for the past two weeks and I need some gemstones and a few items. If you give them to me, I would gladly reveal some details about Jarim “. 

“R-Really?! “. Jooyoung exclaimed with excitement. 

“Wait a minute “. Kyungwoo interfered in the conversation. “You are telling me that you play Legends of League? “. He scoffed with disbelief. “I don’t believe that “. 

“Yah “. She slightly glared at him with annoyance. “Just because I’m a woman doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy playing video games “. 

“Oh yeah? And what’s your tier? “. Kyungwoo challenged her. She smirked before proudly revealing. 

“Platinum “. Jooyoung and Byunghoon gasped in shock at the fact and stared at her with awe. 

“How can you be tier Platinum after two weeks of playing? I’m still in tier Gold “. Byunghoon revealed. 

“Let’s say that I stayed up all night to level up “. Kyungmi confessed. 

“Tsk, not bad for an amateur “. Kyungwoo scoffed with amusement. “Then we will have to see if you are a really good player “. 

“Let’s make a bet then “. Kyungmi challenged him. “If I win, I get 10 gemstones from each of you plus some items of my choice. If I lose, I will reveal the details for free, deal? “. Kyungwoo chuckled at her suggestion before holding out his hand. 

“Deal “. He said. Kyungmi smirked as she grabbed his hand and shook it. 

“Lead the way “. She said as Kyungwoo held out an arm as a gentleman to lead them toward the internet cafe they were in a few minutes ago. Kyungmi smirked at the thought that she would absolutely win. “Although I’m in tier Platinum in this world, I was in tier Master in my previous life. This should be a piece of cake “. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

She was right in the end. Thanks to her knowledge of the game from her previous life, she was able to defeat the three guys in every single round. The boys watched her with amusement as she took off the headphones and let out a sigh of tiredness. 

 

“Wow~ she’s not just pretty, she’s an awesome gamer “. Byunghoon complimented her. 

“Thank you “. Kyungmi winked at him before facing them. “I’m hoping to get the gemstones by the end of the week “. 

“A deal is a deal “. Kyungwoo smirked at her with respect. “I acknowledge you as a master of this game “. 

“You should hang out with us sometimes “. Byunghoon suggested with happiness. 

“Sure, if everyone agrees “. She said as she glanced at Kyungwoo and Jooyoung. 

“Sure “. Kyungwoo nodded in agreement. “I need a partner for this game anyways since the rest of them “. 

“Heard you “. Jooyoung and Byunghoon muttered with glares pointing at him. Kyungmi chuckled and nodded in agreement. 

“Deal “. She then stared at Jooyoung. “A deal is a deal, so I should also do my part “. She then leaned closer so he could hear her clearly. “About Jarim, she doesn’t have any interest in dating. Plus, if you want to confess to her, you should try not to be persistent or pushy, she hates that “. Kyungmi explained while shaking her hand to the sides. 

“Really? I thought by doing that she would like it since that means I’m interested in her “. 

“Yeah….that doesn’t work for everyone. Only to people who are helplessly in love “. Kyungmi dropped the fact like a bomb. “You will only scare her away if you do that “. She then saw Jooyoung pouting in sadness. “But...who knows, if you try to be less pushy, she might have an interest in you “. 

“Really?! “. Jooyoung’s eyes sparkled with hope. 

“Yeah, just...try not to suffocate her “. She advised him. Although she wanted him to be the opposite of how he originally is in the story, she was afraid that by doing just a little change, she might mess up the entire course of the story. “Yeah, let’s try not to change the original story, just live quietly as you already did “. Kyungmi nodded with affirmation. 

 

The boys and she left the internet cafe to head toward their houses. Byunghoon was the first one to leave since he lived quite far from the neighborhood, while Jooyoung and Kyungwoo lived close to her. 

 

“So your name is Choi Kyungmi? “. Jooyoung asked with an amicable smile. “I’m Gong Jooyoung by the way. I’m from Class 1-2 “. 

“Nice to meet you “. Kyungmi mimicked his smile. 

“I’m Lee Kyungwoo “. He said with his poker face. 

“I know “. She rolled her eyes. “You are my seatmate, how can I forget? “. 

“Really? “. Jooyoung looked interested. “Then you guys must be close “. 

“No “. Kyungmi and Kyungwoo replied at the same time. They looked at each other before looking away from the awkwardness. 

“I see….I thought you were since Lee Kaeng paid for your bus fare, which he normally doesn’t do to anyone “. Jooyoung chuckled. Kyungmi scratched the back of her neck with her finger as she wondered if the way home was this long. During the trip to her home, she was passing through Jooyoung’s house. 

“I will go alone from here “. Kyungmi suggested. 

“But you said you live in the same building as Jarim “. 

“Yeah….but I have to go now, I got homework to do anyways “. She excused. 

“Hey, don’t just go “. Jooyoung replied. “Lee Kaeng lives a few steps away from yours so you guys should walk together “. 

“Are you crazy? Why should I? “. Kyungwoo retorted while looking at Jooyoung with a slight glare. 

“Kyungwoo’s right. I don’t think that’s necessary “. Kyungmi replied as she began taking a few steps backward. “Anyways, it was nice meeting you guys. See you tomorrow “. Kyungmi replied as she turned around and began running in direction of her house. 

“She’s quite….unique. Isn’t she? “. Jooyoung asked while looking at Kyungwoo. 

“So? “. Kyungwoo arched an eyebrow like staring at his friend. 

“You should try having a chance with her! Like me with Jarim “. He suggested. 

“Are you crazy? Just focus on your love life “. Kyungwoo sighed while shaking his head. “I’m leaving now “. He began walking away while waving his hand in the air. 

“Tsk “. Jooyoung scoffed as he watched his friend leave. “Stupid bastard. I know you are getting interested in that girl….since the moment you paid for her bus fare”. Jooyoung shrugged his shoulders as he headed inside his house. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Kyungmi sighed as she finished an essay for Literature, concluding her things to do for the day. She looked at the clock and noticed that it was already nine o’clock at night. 

 

“Should I keep leveling up? “. She murmured while thinking of keeping playing LoL. Her thoughts vanished when she heard the vibration of her cellphone. She took it and grew confused when she saw she was added to a new group chat. “What's this? “. She questioned as she entered the group chat. 

 

L.K: Hey, Choi Kyungmi, send us your username. We will send you the gemstones right away. 

GJY: Yes, yes! Also tell us the items you need. 

 

“What is this? “. She chuckled as she began typing her username and the items she needed. 

 

AKM: What's this? Do we have a new member in our crew? 

B.H: Her name is Choi Kyungmi and she will be our new member for our hangouts in the internet cafe. 

AKM: Her? HER? Is this person a she? 

 

Kyungmi rolled her eyes and began typing. 

 

C.K: Yes, I’m a HER. Nice to meet you by the way.

AKM: Awesome….finally a goddess entered in our lives!

L.K: Yah, crazy bastard. Stop saying nonsense. What goddess? I’ve seen prettier girls than her. 

 

“Such a rude guy “. Kyungmi shook her head at the thought of Kyungwoo being this rude. 

 

C.K: Yah, do you want to die? Forget it. If anyone is free, let’s play a round. 

AKM: I’m in. 

B.H: Me too! 

L.K: Are you trying to show off? 

 

“This crazy bastard seriously…..”. She muttered as she continued typing. This night would be a long one for her to win against all these four idiots who underestimated her. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

The next morning, she and Jarim were waiting for their bus at the bus stop. While Jarim was checking something on her phone, Kyungmi glanced at Jooyoung and Kyungwoo standing a few meters away from them. Although she was a few distances farther, she still could hear their conversation. 

 

“I thought you said it was a piece of cake? “. Kyungwoo said as he rested his arm over Jooyoung’s shoulder. 

“It’s awkward because you’re always by my side “. Jooyoung murmured as he slapped his friend’s arm away. 

Ha~ I guess this is the part where Jooyoung is trying to pay back Jarim the bus fare “. Kyungmi thought. 

“Kyungmi-ah “. Jarim called her as Kyungmi turned her attention toward her. “How was the meeting with your friend? “. 

“It was okay “. Kyungmi nodded with a smile. 

“Then do you have free time today? Ahram and Minji wanted to go have some spicy rice cakes after school and they wanted you to tag along “. 

“Sure “. Kyungmi nodded in response. 


 

They arrived at the school after twenty minutes of riding on the bus. Kyungmi felt something odd as she witnessed the eyes of everyone staring at her and Jarim. Then she heard some whispers from a few groups. 

 

“Wow….how can they be so pretty? “. 

“They look like idols, don’t you think? “. 

“Yah, should I try talking to them? “. 

 

Ha….as expected. They were immersed in our beauties “. Kyungmi mentally sighed as she glanced at Jarim, being unfazed about the attention they were getting. “She seems calm about all that gossip. I wonder how she can handle them….I’m already getting uncomfortable with the comments though ....”. Both of them arrived at the classroom, as they were being greeted by Minji and Ahram. 

 

“Yah, Choi Kyungmi “. Minji called with a smirk on her face. “See? I told you that you will become popular in a few days “. 

“What are you saying? “. Kyungmi scoffed as she sat down after putting her backpack on the rack of her desk. 

“Everyone is talking about you and Jarim “. Minji pointed out. “Plus, I have a friend from Yeokdong High School and she told me that everyone in the school knows about you! “. “Yeokdong High School? That’s Seri’s school….no wonder that she was able to get my IG ID “. “Since you are pretty, I bet guys from other schools would come to you “. 

“Yah, as if “. Kyungmi chuckled as she shook her head. “Even if they did come, I wouldn’t accept them “.

“Why? “. Minji blinked at her in confusion. 

“No interest in dating “. Kyungmi revealed as she began taking out her supplies. “Yah, let’s leave that topic to the side. I heard you wanted to go shopping soon “. Minji got excited after hearing the word ‘shopping’ and they began talking about it, forgetting about Kyungmi’s increasing popularity. The day continued until the last class came to an end. Kyungmi began packing her backpack when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She looked to her right to see Kyungwoo standing next to her. 

“Yah, want to join us in the internet cafe? “. He asked as he rested his hands in the pockets of his pants. “I’m the one inviting today “. Before Kyungmi could reply, Minji came over and linked arms with her. 

“Sorry, but Kyungmi will join us today. Isn’t that right? “. Minji asked as she looked at her. 

“Oh ...right “. Kyungmi nodded in agreement before looking at Kyungwoo with an apology. “Sorry, maybe next time “. 

“Oh come on! “. Ahn Kyungmin came over while looking with sadness at her. “We need a professional to beat a team we agreed to play with! “. 

“I will go next time, I promise “. She insisted. 

“Nothing we can do then “. Kyungwoo sighed as he nodded in understanding. “Then see you tomorrow “. He bid goodbye at the same time Kyungmi waved at the guys as they left. 

“Come on, let’s go “. Minji said as she tugged her along before leaving the classroom as well. The four girls headed to a Korean snack restaurant to get spicy rice cakes plus fish cakes, bloody sausages, and some fried stuff. 

 

“This is so delicious! “. Ahram moaned in content as she stuffed with everything she spotted on the table. 

“Kyungmi-ah, eat a lot “. Minji, who was sitting across from her, said with a smile on her face. 

“You too “. Kyungmi replied. 

“We were so sad that you didn’t join us for cake so we made sure you came along for this “. Ahram replied as she continued eating. 

“At least you gotta eat one more slice of cake, isn’t that right? “. Kyungmi looked at Ahram with a mischievous smile on her face. 

“Bingo~ “. Ahram chuckled, liking that Kyungmi already knew the answer. 

“By the way, you seem to be closer with the guys “. Minji said while looking at Kyungmi. 

“The guys? “. Kyungmi asked as she took a bite of a bloody sausage. 

“I’m talking about Lee Kyungwoo and Ahn Kyungmin “. 

“Ah~ we become closer because we play LoL together “. Kyungmi explained. 

“Are you into video games? “. Minji asked her with judging eyes while Ahram eyed her with curiosity.

“Why? I think it’s fun “. Kyungmi defended. “Plus, I’m not an addict to video games “. 

“What’s with playing games? Everyone has their own likes so let’s not judge her “. Jarim replied as she looked at Kyungmi. “Just do what you like and don’t care about others opinions “. Kyungmi softened and nodded at her words. 

“Thank you, Jarim-ah “.

“Yeah, that’s true. We didn’t try to judge you or anything so don’t take it as something bad “. Minji replied with a convincing smile. 

“It’s alright “. Kyungmi assured her that she didn’t feel offended. 

“But anyway, just be careful around those guys. They don’t give a good vibe “. Ahram muttered between munches. Kyungmi just smiled at her and continued eating. It was too late to be careful around them now. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Three days have passed and everything has been quite normal for Kyungmi. She would go to school, meet her friends and hang out with the boys at the internet cafe or play pool with them. During recess time, Kyungmi joined Minji and Jarim in a conversation at their desk while Ahram went to the convenience store to get some snacks. As they were talking, someone sat next to Kyungmi. She turned around and faced Kyungwoo staring at her. 

“Hi “. She greeted him. He waved at her before facing Jarim. Kyungmi scanned around and saw how Jarim’s eyes looked suspiciously at Kyungwoo. 

“Yah “. Kyungwoo called her. “Do you want me to set you up with a guy? “. Jarim frowned at him and responded. 

“No “. 

“You don’t have to answer this fast “. Kyungwoo insisted. “Won’t you see who he is, at least? “. 

“I don’t want to look “. Jarim replied as she looked away. Kyungmi pouted at Kyungwoo’s efforts to set Jarim up with Jooyoung being destroyed in seconds. 

“Can you arrange a date for me, then? “. Minji asked while looking at him with hope. 

“You can’t “. Kyungwoo immediately replied. Minji frowned with a pout. 

“Why not? “. 

“Why would I risk him hating me by introducing you? “. He asked. Kyungmi gently nudged him on the ribs, trying to stop him from being rude. 

“Yah, “. Minji crossed her arms and then smirked. “By chance, do you like me- “. 

“Are you crazy? Look at you in the mirror, you’ll see why “. He commented. 

“Gosh….”. Minji pouted in his comment before taking her phone and using it as a mirror to look at herself. 

“Talk to her nicely “. Kyungmi muttered through her gritted teeth at Kyungwoo, who just scoffed and smirked at her. 

“Depends on how she behaves “. He replied. Kyungmi sighed and shook her head. 

“Aside from that, I think someone’s been stalking me these days “. Jarim suddenly said and Kyungmi’s eyes widened as she slowly looked at Kyungwoo. 

“What? Really? “. Minji asked with a frown of concern. 

“For a few days, every morning the same guy follows me “. Jarim explained. 

“Did you see his face? “. Kyungwoo asked. Kyungmi said nothing as she knew who was the one stalking Jarim. 

“Not really, but he has a bowl cut and wore a red sweatshirt, today. His height is average “. Kyungmi closed her eyes as she mentally face palmed herself. She cleared before saying that she needed to go get some fresh air. 

“Yah, me too. Wait for me “. Kyungwoo followed her behind. Both of them headed toward Jooyoung’s classroom, where they found him playing some games on his phone. They arrived there and stood up in front of him. 

“Yah, Gong Jooyoung “. Kyungmi called him. 

“Oh, hi Kyungmi-ah “. He beamed and waved at her. 

“Shut up and follow us “. Kyungwoo sighed as he grabbed his friend’s arm and lifted him up before dragging him, with Kyungmi following them behind. They stopped outside of Jooyoung’s classroom as Kyungwoo released him and Kyungmi stood next to Kyungwoo with her arms crossed while wearing her poker face. 

“What? “. Jooyoung asked while eyeing them with confusion. 

“Yah, Wang Jarim just told us that she’s being stalked every morning “. Kyungwoo started. Jooyoung’s eyes widened in shock. 

“What?! “. He exclaimed as he looked at the sides of the corridor. “What kind of ert would do something like this? “. Kyungmi closed her eyes as she rubbed the middle of her forehead while Kyungwoo just sighed. “But wait, I follow her every morning and I’ve never seen anyone stalking her “. 

“That’s because she’s talking about you, stupid “. Kyungmi retorted with frustration. “She even knows what you look like and how you are dressed “. 

“A bowl cut and a red sweatshirt “. Kyungwoo added as he grabbed the hem of Jooyoung’s red sweatshirt. 

“What did I tell you the other day? “. Kyungmi sighed. “About not being pushy! And what’s with the stalking story? “. Jooyoung pouted as he looked down at his outfit. Just then, Ahn Kyungmin appeared near them. 

“What are you guys doing? “. He asked. Jooyoung’s eyes widened in a welcoming way as he saw Kyungmin. 

“Ah! Ahn Kyungmin “. He then hummed as an idea appeared in his mind. “Wait a second “. He replied as he took off his red sweatshirt and helped Kyungmin to wear it. 

“What are you doing? “. Kyungmin asked in confusion as he stared at both Kyungmi and Kyungwoo for answers. The both of them looked away while shaking their heads in disbelief. “Oh~ what? Are you giving this to me? “. Kyungmin asked as he properly wore the sweatshirt. 

“Yes! My God! It looks better on you “. Jooyoung complimented. 

“Crazy idiot “. Kyungmi muttered under her breath. Although this scene she found cute and funny in her previous life, now she found it frustrating. Kyungwoo couldn’t agree even more. Then Jooyoung took Kyungmin’s glasses and wore them. 

“What are you doing? “. The latter asked in confusion. 

“Alright. This is perfect! “. Jooyoung said. Kyungmi and Kyungwoo just smiled at him. 

“Yeah, it would be perfect if I hadn’t been here “. Everyone turned around to see Minji walking toward them. 

“Minji-ah “. Kyungmi stared at her with surprise. “Right, in this scene Minji finds out that Jooyoung is Jarim’s stalker “. 

“This is the stalker Jarim told us about, right? Kyungwoo, Kyungmi, what is this all about? “. She asked while staring at them. The said pair cleared their throat as they looked away. Jooyoung looked flustered as he tried to deny that fact. 

“No! I’ve been following her, but I’m not a stalker! “. He replied. 

“What nice and fresh bull is this? That’s what a stalker is “. Minji sighed. 

“I-I had my reasons “. He tried to defend himself. “I want to pay her my bus fare, but it’s hard for me to talk to her “. 

“You like Jarim, don’t you? “. Minji guessed. 

“What? “. Jooyoung looked shocked and then scoffed while replying in a high tone. “I don’t! “. Then Minji began walking around him while scanning him from head to toe. 

“What are you doing? “. Jooyoung asked, kind of nervous about her behavior. When Minji finished scanning, with arms crossed, she replied. 

“You can’t. I recommend you give up quickly “. 

“Why?! “. Jooyoung shouted with shock. Kyungmi jumped a little from his scream and closed her eyes as she rested a hand over her chest to calm her little heart. 

“That scared me! “. Minji sighed. “So you do like her! “. She concluded. “But it’s a pity. Jarim totally dislikes boys like you “. 

“Then, what style does she like? “. He asked as he glanced between Kyungmi and Minji. 

“I don’t know “. Minji shrugged her shoulders. “She’s never dated anyone before “. 

“She’s never dated anyone before? “. He was surprised by the news. “Wow~ unbelievable. She's so pretty….Wait a minute. What the heck? Then you wouldn’t know whether I’m her style or not “. Jooyoung mocked her. 

“I know that at the very least, she doesn’t like people who are as forward as you “. Minji replied. 

“See? I told you “. Kyungmi mumbled at him. 

“Instead of getting hurt, just quit. I’ll be going now “. She said before she left. Kyungwoo scoffed in disbelief as he and the rest watched her leave. Jooyoung, kind of offended, asked. 

“Who does she think she is? “. Then Kyungmin rested a hand over his shoulder while looking dumbfounded. 

“Then who do you think you are? “. Kyungmin asked. “Did you try to make me a stalker just now? “. Kyungmi held her laugh by pressing a fist over while watching the confrontation. 

“I mean….about that….”. Jooyoung tried to find an excuse until he confessed. “Yes “. Kyungmin sighed through his nose before taking his glasses off from the Jooyoung and wearing them back. 

“This is so disappointing “. He replied as he fixed the sweatshirt he was wearing. Then Jooyoung stopped him from taking it. 

“Yah! You need to give my jacket back “. Kyungmin took a deep breath before running away. 

“Hey, wait! “. Jooyoung exclaimed as he tried to go after him but Kyungwoo stopped him by grabbing the back of his friend’s neck. 

“Yah. Forget it “. Kyungwoo said. “Just pay her back by tomorrow. The longer you drag it out, the more difficult it’ll get “. Jooyoung looked defeated but nodded anyway.

“Okay “. 

“Good luck then “. Kyungmi lifted a fist up to demonstrate that she was cheering for him before turning her attention toward Kyungwoo. “Yah, let’s go back to class. The bell will ring soon “. Kyungwoo nodded in understanding before patting Jooyoung’s arm and both of them headed back to their classroom. As they sat down at their desks, Kyungmi remembered something. She took the can of soda out of her backpack and passed it to him. 

“What’s this? “. He questioned while grabbing the can. 

“I couldn’t give the money for the bus fare back to you so instead I bought this to thank you. I wanted to give it to you on that day but I kept missing my chances “. 

“Yah, if you want to thank me, you should have bought me food “. He retorted, earning a scowl from her. 

“If you don’t want it, then give it back to me “. She said as she held out her hand. Kyungwoo opened the can and took large gulps, making her scoff in disbelief. “What’s so hard about saying thank you? “. She mumbled when she heard a sigh of satisfaction from him. 

“Next time, bring some bread too “. 

“Do you want to die? “. She mumbled as she lifted her fist, pretending to punch him, earning a laugh from him. Kyungwoo found her interesting and fun to be with, having a liking for her already. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

The next day, Kyungmi waited at the front of the building for Jarim to come out so they could go to school together. She was checking something on her phone when someone called her. She looked up to see Jarim jogging toward her. 

 

“Sorry for making you wait “. Jarim apologized to her. 

“It’s alright “. Kyungmi assured her with a smile. “I got here not long ago “. 

“That’s a relief “. Jarim sighed as she linked arms with Kyungmi. “Let 's go “. She suggested and Kyungmi nodded in response as both girls made their way to the bus stop. On the midway to their destination, someone called them, and they turned around to see Jooyoung and Kyungwoo walking toward them. 

“We see each other often nowadays “. Kyungwoo commented as he stood next to Kyungmi while Jooyoung stood next to Jarim. 

“It’s because our homes are close “. Jarim replied with a friendly smile. Kyungmi knew that since the three of them, except Jooyoung, were in the same class, Jarim felt comfortable with both her and Kyungwoo. 

“It’s kind of funny that the four of us live close by, isn’t it? “. Kyungmi asked her as Jarim replied with a nod of affirmation. 

“Yeah “. She chuckled at the thought. Kyungmi chuckled as well and glanced at her left to see Jooyoung reaching an arm toward Kyungwoo and she immediately knew which scene was going to happen. “Right, today is White Day...where Jooyoung will give Jarim a rain of candies. How cheesy “. She thought. Kyungwoo took his phone out and pressed the app of a game Jarim also plays. 

“Yah, I’m blocked here. Can you solve it for me? “. He asked as he passed his phone to her. 

“Wow, you’ve reached quite a high level “. Jarim commented as Kyungmi noticed both boys switching their spots. She saw how Jooyoung was putting candies on Jarim's bag and she couldn’t help but laugh. She glanced at Kyungwoo who stared back at her and she shook her head while smirking. 

“Shut up “. He mouthed at her. Kyungmi cleared and looked away. “Wow, that’s how you do it? “. Kyungwoo commented about the game as he switched his position with Jooyoung again, walking next to Kyungmi. 

“Don’t talk to me. This is the hard part “. Jarim commented as she focused on breaking the game’s level. 

“Hey, there’s a bomb here “. Kyungwoo said and then glanced at Kyungmi. The latter looked back at him and both of them smiled at the situation. 

 

The four of them arrived as soon as Jarim finished breaking the game’s level and passed the phone back to Kyungwoo. 

 

“It’s done “. She said. 

“Thank you “. Kyungwoo replied as he took the phone from her. Kyungmi released her arm from Jarim’s and crossed her arms so they would go inside of the bus later. “Do you play Daijo? I’ll let you win a round in exchange “. 

“I don’t play that “. Jarim shook her head in denial. Kyungmi took this opportunity to stand next to Kyungwoo and patted him on the arm to catch his attention. 

“Yah. Did Jooyoung finally give the bus fare to Jarim? “. Kyungwoo looked at her and laughed. “What? “. She blinked in confusion at his response. 

“He did...he even wrote a letter in the bill and wrapped it in an envelope “. He whispered to her. 

“Wow...so cheesy….”. She wrinkled her nose as she shook her head. “So? Did she read it? “. 

“That’s the funny part “. He chuckled. “She didn’t, and that ‘letter’ went straight to the box “. 

“Aigoo~ As expected from Jarim. Poor him “. She sighed while shaking her head. “I’m sure he poured all his heart on that letter “. 

“You bet “. He sighed with a smirk on his face.

“Hey, Jarim-ah “. Jooyoung called her. The three of them looked at him while waiting for him to speak. “Will you let me know your phone number? “. He asked as he pulled out his cellphone in front of her. Kyungmi and Kyungwoo held their laughs as they looked away from the scene. She was feeling all cringy about it. “We haven’t been able to get each other’s numbers yet “. He shyly said. 

“Sure “. Jarim nodded as she tried to reach for his phone. Then he suddenly dropped it, startling her. Jarim looked at him with confusion before bending down to get it when she halted after seeing the screen saying, ‘Do you know today is White Day? ‘. Smiling, Jooyoung stood up behind her and began dropping lollipops on her. Kyungmi couldn’t help but cover her eyes with her hand out of embarrassment. “I thought this scene was funny and cute. I want to retract that “. 

“Did you know it was White Day today? I prepared it for you “. Jooyoung explained with a wide smile on his face. “Look in the bag too “. He looked at Kyungwoo, with the latter shaking his head. Jarim picked his phone up before checking the inside of her bag. She frowned when she saw lots of lollipops and then looked at Jooyoung, who was smiling proudly about his effort. Jarim sighed before passing him the phone back. 

“Here “. She said. Confused, Jooyoung took the phone while looking at her. 

“Oh? What about your number? “. Jarim just stared at him before turning her attention toward the bus coming to her. 

“The bus is here. Kyungmi-ah, let's go “. Jarim said as she headed toward the bus first. Kyungmi followed her, not before standing next to Jooyoung and giving him a pat of comfort. 

“Nice try, though “. She commented before heading toward the bus. Jooyoung looked quite defeated but at the same time determined. 

“Okay, I’m halfway there “. He nodded. Kyungwoo then hit him at the back of his neck, startling the former. 

“Halfway where? “. He retorted while Jooyoung pouted at him while rubbing the sore area. “ Is that the thing you prepared? “. He asked while pointing at the candies. 

“It’s White Day, how could I just let it pass? “. Then his eyes widened when he noticed the bus leaving. “Yah, the bus! Mister! “. He shouted as he and Kyungwoo ran after the bus. 


 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

In class 1-3, the girls were hanging out at Jarim and Minji’s desk, with Ahram squealing in happiness about the lollipops that were laying in Jarim’s desk. 

“I’m so happy! “. Ahram exclaimed as she dropped her head into the candies while embracing them. Minji slapped her arm to get her into her senses. 

“Put them down. They’re not yours “. Ahram pouted at the scold but Jarim replied that she wasn’t going to eat them. Kyungmi chuckled before taking some candies she received on her locker out of her pink jumper and handing them to Ahram. 

“Here, all yours “. 

“Aw~ I love you~ “. Ahram squealed as she embraced Kyungmi into a tight hug. 

“As expected. I knew you guys would receive some “. Minji commented with a mischievous smile. Jarim sighed as she grabbed her bag. 

“There’s more here “. She said as she dropped all the candies from her bag, with Ahram gasping about the number of candies. 

“Amazing. There’s so many “. Minji watched with amusement. “Gong Jooyoung is so pitiful. He doesn’t know you don’t like sweets, nor does he know you won’t eat them “. Kyungmi lifted her gaze at her with shock as she mentally sent her a message to stop her from saying all that information. Jarim frowned as she looked at Minji. 

“How did you know it was Gong Jooyoung? “. 

“Huh? “. Minji asked as she glanced at Kyungmi who avoided her gaze before laughing nervously. “That’s...Didn’t you tell me? “. 

“I didn’t tell you “. Jarim shook her head while looking firmly at her. “How do you know Gong Jooyoung? What did you mean by you knew I’d receive some? “. 

“Hey, wait a second “. Minji interfered. “Why are you being like this to me? “. 

“Yeah, Jarim. Let’s calm down for now “. Kyungmi suggested. 

“Hey, it seems he must really like you “. Ahram commented. “He only picked out and bought the most delicious ones, strawberry and chocolate. He's so- “. She stopped talking when Kyungmi gently nudged her left side and received a message from Minji to stop talking about it. Ahram then glanced at Jarim, who was frowning at her. “He’s not devoted “. She replied as she focused back on the candies. Kyungmi exhaled softly through her nose as she avoided Jarim’s gaze. Then she saw her standing up and leaving the classroom. Kyungmi looked at Minji and both of them pouted. 

 

For the next few classes left for the day, Kyungmi walked out of the girls’ restroom and began heading toward her classroom, doing some stretches in her back and neck, feeling stiff after sitting all day on the desk. As she was approaching her destination, she spotted Kyungwoo near the door while leaning his back against the wall. Curious, she approached him.

 

“Yah, what are you doing outside? “. She asked. 

“Just being here “. He simply replied. 

“Then go back inside, we will have class soon “. 

“As if I will listen to it “. 

“You’re right “. Kyungmi sighed as she crossed her arms, wondering why she even bothered to tell him that. She then noticed a lollipop in his right hand. “Oh? Were you about to give it to someone? “. She asked while pointing at the candy. 

“Huh? “. Kyungwoo looked startled for a moment before clearing his throat. “What are you saying? This is mine, you stupid “. He replied with slight annoyance but at the same time teasing her. 

“Tsk, you could have said that nicely, you know? “. She scoffed as she nodded in understanding. “Alright, I’m heading inside “. She said as she walked toward the classroom when he stopped her by grabbing her shoulder and spinning her around. 

“Here, you have it “. 

“What? “. She looked at the candy already in her hand. 

“I don’t like this candy “. 

“Aigoo~ it’s so hard to understand you “. Kyungmi shook her head as she opened it and popped it inside of . She hummed in satisfaction with this fresh flavor. It was some kind of lime mixed with strawberry-flavored candy. “Where did you get this? “. 

“From….from Gong Joo “. He replied. She nodded in understanding. “Why? “. 

“Because I want to ask him! I just found my favorite candy, since it’s not too sweet. I can’t tolerate sweets that much, but this one is fine “. She hummed as she nodded with content that she found the right candy for her. She was so focused on eating the candy that she missed the intense gaze of Kyungwoo on her. “Anyway, thank you “. She patted his arm before walking away. Kyungwoo blinked a few times before shaking his head. 

“What am I thinking? It was just giving candy...but why do I feel like this? “.


 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Days passed by and it was already April, marking a month since Kyungmi entered this world. Although she wasn't used to it, she began to enjoy her stay here. Also, her relationship with every single character has been growing stronger, especially, her friendship with Lee Kyungwoo. Although they bicker a lot, they instantly got along so well that they practically treat each other as siblings. We can say that he spends more time with her than with the rest of the boys. One day, Kyungmi woke up super early to head to school since she wanted to finish homework she couldn’t do because she stayed up all night playing LoL with the boys. 

 

“Kyungmi-ah, take your snacks with you “. Her mother told her as she held out a bag of snacks while Kyungmi was slipping her sneakers on. 

“Oh! Thank you! “. Kyungmi exclaimed with a smile as she took the bag and hugged her. As time passed, she got used to the skinship with her mother, so it came out so naturally that sometimes it scared her. 

“Have fun, do well, and be careful, okay? “. Her mother chuckled as she patted her daughter’s back. 

“I will, you too take care! “. She waved at her mom before walking out of the apartment. As she arrived at the first floor, she halted when she spotted Jooyoung waiting at the gates of the building. “Ha….right, I bet this is the scene where Jooyoung waits for her since 6 a.m “. She sighed and walked toward her. 

“Oh! Kyungmi hi! “. Jooyoung beamed at her as he waved at her. 

“What are you doing here in this early morning? “. Kyungmi asked after standing in front of him. 

“I’m waiting for Jarim “. He said with innocent eyes that she swore she could just give in with everything with that puppy-like gaze. “How about you? “. 

“I have to finish my homework so I’m going early “. She explained. “But I think you should wait a little bit more. Jarim just told me she just woke up now “. 

“Don’t worry, I can wait for her “. He assured her with a smile. Kyungmi forced a smile and nodded in understanding. 

“Just try not to suffocate her “. She patted his shoulder before walking away. “See you at school! “. 

She arrived at school almost forty minutes later and began doing her homework once she sat down on her desk. As she continued doing her homework, she wondered if Jarim was okay. “I’m sure she will be okay...“. She pouted as she felt sorry for leaving Jarim with Jooyoung. 

“Good morning “. She looked up to see Kyungwoo walking toward her before sitting next to her. 

“What’s this? Why are you so early today? “. She blinked with surprise at him. 

“Then what about you? “. He retorted as he placed his backpack at the side of his desk.

“I’m trying to finish this Math homework. I couldn’t finish it since I kept playing video games with you guys “. She then slightly glared at them, giving them the fault. 

“Yah, you were the one who suggested we play “. He scoffed, feeling unfair by her judging face. Kyungmi pouted and sighed with tiredness. 

“Anyway, why are you here so early? “. 

“To sleep “. He honestly replied. 

“Yah, you crazy idiot. Is the school some kind of a hotel? Why sleep here? “. 

“Because it’s cozy “. Kyungmi sighed at his reply and forced a smile.  

“Right, I almost forgot that you were Lee Kyungwoo “. 

“What are you saying? “. He scoffed with a smirk. “Anyway, I’m going to sleep. Wake me up when it is recess time “. He said before leaning his head against the surface of the desk. Kyungmi exhaled with disappointment at him already falling asleep. 

“I wonder how you will graduate at the end of this season, seriously….”. She shook her head as she focused back to finish her homework. 

 

For the next periods, Jooyoung has been visiting Class 1-3, more specifically speaking, he has been visiting Jarim with his guitar while singing his phone number. He even followed Kyungmi and her to the canteen while both of them were eating their lunch. Kyungmi sighed as she shook her head at how pathetic he looked right now. 

“Jarim-ah “. Kyungmi turned her attention to her. “Just give him your number. At this point he will follow you to the restroom “. 

“Why should I? “. Jarim mumbled as she took small bites of her food. “Don’t worry. He will give up soon “. 

“I really doubt that….”. Kyungmi exhaled as she looked back at Jooyoung still singing and wondered if his throat doesn’t hurt from singing for a long time. Her attention turned to her phone when it buzzed and she took it to check the new message. 

 

L.K: Yah, we are about to go to the convenience store? Want to join? 

 

I guess this will be better than being here while listening to Jooyoung singing. I’m getting tired of it though…”. 

“I’m done eating “. Kyungmi announced as she grabbed her tray and stood up. “I will go to the convenience store to get some bread, do you want something? “. 

“Sure, I want some soda “. Jarim nodded in agreement.

“Okay, see you in the classroom “. Kyungmi waved at her before walking away. 

 

Kyungmi arrived at the convenience store at the same time the boys were at the cashier to pay. 

“You came? “. Kyungwoo asked when he saw her. Kyungmi nodded in confirmation as she saw the stuff on the counter.

“Did you already pay? “. 

“No, we were about to. Go and get the things you want to buy. Ahn Kaeng will invite us “. Byunghoon told her.

“Really? “. Kyungmi asked with excitement as she left to get bread for her and a cola for Jarim. 

“Yah, when did I say that-? “. Kyungmin wanted to retort but Byunghoon covered his mouth with his hand to shut him up. She then returned with her things and put them on the counter before turning to Kyungmin with a smile. 

“Thanks, Kyungmin! I will eat well “. Kyungmin forced a smile and glared at his friends before heading to the cashier to pay. 

“How was lunch today? “. Kyungwoo asked her after taking a sip of his beverage. 

“Don’t even mention it “. Kyungmi sighed as she opened the package of her bread and took a bite. “I couldn’t eat properly because of Gong Jooyoung “. She pouted at the thought. 

“Why? “. Byunghoon blinked at her with confusion. 

“Why do you think so? He’s been following Jarim everywhere, even at lunch, while holding his guitar and singing his phone number like a hundred times “. She shivered at the thought. “I don’t even want to think about it “. 

“Tsk. He definitely has gone crazy “. Kyungwoo chuckled. 

“The things he does for a girl “. Kyungmin sighed while shaking his head as he and the rest left. Kyungmi listened attentively to Byunghoon, as he was eager to tell her about the level up he got on LoL last night while they were heading back to their classrooms when she heard the sounds of a guitar hitting the floor. She stopped short along with the guys to witness Jarim staring at Jooyoung with annoyance, who pretended to be hurt. “Ha….I knew Jarim would explode in annoyance at him. Poor him. I told him to not be so pushy “. She sighed at the thought. 

“Are you okay? “. Jarim asked with concern, feeling bad for slapping the guitar from him. “Are you hurt? “. 

“I’m okay “. Jooyoung replied with a moan of pain while grabbing his hand. 

“Let me see “. Jarim told him as she reached for his hand. Then Jooyoung showed him his hand, which had written: ‘What’s your number?’. Jarim looked irritated at him before walking toward Kyungmi and the boys. “Yah, Lee Kyungwoo. You give him my number “. She said before leaving. 

“Okay “. Kyungwoo agreed with a nod. “Yah, I’ll send it to you “. He replied to Jooyoung. 

“Yah, don’t send it! “. Jooyoung warned him. 

“It’s the same whether you receive it from me or her “. 

“It’s different “. Jooyoung insisted. 

“I said it’s the same “. 

“I said it’s different “. 

“Hey. What can you do if she is this hell-bent on not giving it to you? You should know when to give up “.

“Give up? Give up? “. Jooyoung scoffed in disbelief. “Giving up is just for counting cabbages* “.

 

*”Giving up” is a homonym for the counting unit for cabbages. 

 

Jooyoung stopped talking when he received a message. He took it out and saw a message from Kyungmi with Jarim’s phone number. 

 

“I sent it. So it’s up to you whether you save it or not “. Kyungmi replied as she shook her cellphone in front of him. “So stop being persistent and just accept it “. She said before heading back to the classroom. The boys laughed as Jooyoung sighed in annoyance. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

During recess time, Kyungwoo went to Class 1-2 to see his friend Jooyoung and sighed when he saw the latter leaning his upper body on the desk while looking at the horizon with a depressive expression. 

 

“Yah. It’s raining outside “. He announced once he stood next to his friend’s desk. Jooyoung slowly lifted his head from his folded arms and looked at the window to see the rain pouring over the city. 

“That’s right, like my heart “. Jooyoung sighed while staring at the window with a melancholic expression. Kyungwoo sighed in frustration before sitting over the desk next to Jooyoung’s.

“Stop bullsh*tting and listen up “. He said. “Wang Jarim didn’t bring an umbrella “. 

“So what? “. Jooyoung pouted while leaning his head back to his folded arms. He gave it a thought before the bubble lamp from his brain lightened up and lifted his head in shock. “That's right! We can just use an umbrella together! “. 

“That’s right “. Kyungwoo scoffed. 

“Lend me yours “. Jooyoung looked at him. 

“Why mine? “. 

“You’re going to the internet cafe with the others anyway. You can share with them “. Jooyoung pointed out. Just then, Kyungmin and Byunghoon came over while imitating some characters from Overwatch. 

“Genji is with you “. Kyungmin said. 

“Hanzo at your service “. Byunghoon replied, making Kyungwoo laugh at their antics. “Ah! But what if her friends also have umbrellas? “. The boys stopped for a moment to think when Jooyoung covertly looked at Kyungwoo and the latter frowned at that, knowing what it meant. 

“I don’t want to “. Kyungwoo replied. 

“Yah, you thought of it. You have to be responsible all the way “. Jooyoung retorted. 

“Aish….”. Kyungwoo sighed as he looked away, wondering if he should do it or not. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Kyungmi was rewriting her notes from her previous class in a clean notebook when she heard the sounds of thunder. She looked up at the window and saw beams of water furiously pouring on the windows. 

 

“Ha…. I’m doomed “. Kyungmi sighed while looking at the girls. “I didn’t bring an umbrella “. 

“Me too. Darn...the rain will probably stop later, right? “. Jarim asked while staring out the window as well. 

“Use my umbrella with me. I knew you guys wouldn’t bring one, so I prepared for us four “. Minji said as she grabbed her backpack and opened it to look for her umbrella. “Let’s have a look “. She looked through her stuff but frowned when she couldn’t find it. “Huh? I definitely packed it though. What is this? “. Kyungmi placed her pencil down as she turned her attention toward Kyungwoo with an unamused expression on her face that says ‘You are the culprit, right?’. Kyungwoo cleared his throat and looked away. 

“Do you not have it? “. Ahram asked. 

“No “. Minji blinked at the realization of not having her umbrella. 

“Don’t worry, because I have an umbrella too “. Ahram smirked with pride as she opened the closet of the mini janitor they had inside of the classroom to show her umbrella. “Right here! Tada! “. She then bent down to find that her umbrella wasn’t there. “Huh? It was here, but it’s not anymore~ “. Then she grabbed a broom and yelled. “Yah, Which jerk stole the umbrella that was here?! “. She asked as soon as Kyungwoo left the classroom. Kyungmi closed her eyes and shook her head. She knew for sure that he was doomed. 


 

Classes ended and the four girls were figuring out how to get to their homes without getting drenched by the rain. 

 

“Shall we just get a taxi? “. Minji suggested. 

“It 's fine. The bus stop is only a short walk ahead “. Jarim replied as she began wearing her hoodie when an umbrella blocked her view. Kyungmi’s eyes widened as she remembered this scene from the drama. “Wow….I can’t believe I loved all of these scenes...I could die of cheesiness right now “. She thought.

“Shall we use the umbrella toge…? “. Before Jooyoung could finish his line, Jarim was already running away from him. 

“Yah, Wang Jarim! “. Jooyoung got startled and ran after her. Kyungmi faced palm herself as she pitied that none of his efforts worked. She turned around to see Kyungwoo already heading toward her to put the umbrellas down. She gave him the signal to leave now but he didn’t get it and just came. Kyungmi just covered her eyes, not able to watch this scene as the girls were trying to call for a taxi. Kyungmi uncovered her eyes with a few fingers still covering her front, while Kyungwoo put the umbrellas down. But then, the girls turned around to find him there with their umbrellas. With glares, they crossed their arms and looked at him with seriousness. Kyungmi gulped as she stood behind them, unable to help him in this situation. Kyungwoo just laughed as he slowly stood up and tried to leave when Minji stopped him by grabbing his shoulder. 

“It’s you then, the umbrella thief? “. Kyungwoo couldn’t help but just laugh.

“My bag “. Ahram said as she threw her backpack at Minji, getting ready to fight. 

“Ahram, go “. Minji said as she went toward Kyungmi as both of them were about to witness a fight like those styles from Street Fighter. 

“Will you approach? Or should I go? “. Ahram asked him with her fists in the air. Kyungwoo helplessly laughed as he gave signs to Kyungmi to stop Ahram. The former pouted and just mouthed ‘Sorry’. His smile fell as he stared at Ahram with fear. Then, Byunghoon and Kyungmin came and they had puzzled expressions, wondering why Kyungwoo was in a fight with Ahram. 

“Hey, Lee Kaeng, what are you doing? “. Kyungmin asked. As soon as he asked that, Ahram threw a punch at Kyungwoo, with both guys holding him from falling backward. 

Kyungmi’s eyes widened and covered with both hands. Now she remembers that she shouldn’t mess up with Ahram, NEVER. “Oh! Wait! “. Kyungmin then noticed Kyungwoo’s nose was bleeding. “Oh, nosebleed! “. Kyungmi noticed it too as Kyungwoo brought a finger to his nose and saw the red stain in it. He suddenly laughed louder, as if he’s gone crazy. 

Minji helped Ahram to put her backpack back and then linked arms with Kyungmi to leave while Ahram went to get their umbrellas. They began walking away with the umbrella on their top when they noticed Jarim’s building entrance card. 

“Oh! This is Jarim’s “. Ahram commented as she picked the card up. 

“Shoot! “. Minji exclaimed. Kyungmi mentally sighed and shook her head. 

I bet she will get trapped with Jooyoung outside of the building since the code system is broken “. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Before the girls could leave, Kyungwoo suggested buying them food as a way to apologize for taking their umbrellas without their permission. As soon as the word ‘food’ came out, Ahram immediately agreed, so that’s why the six of them ended up in the Korean snack restaurant. Kyungmi pocked on her rice cake with her chopsticks as she glanced at her friends devouring their food as if they were starving for days. Then she saw Kyungwoo with his arms crossed while watching them with amusement at how well they were eating. She felt bad for not helping back then but she couldn't put her words out. 

“Kyungmi, what are you doing? “. Ahram asked between munches. “Eat! “. 

“Huh? Oh ... .I will “. She softly chuckled before taking a careful bite of spicy rice cake. 

“That’s right. Since I made a mistake toward you girls, it’s my treat. I’ll buy them for you….”. Then he turned his attention toward his friends, who were also devouring their food like pigs. “But what are you guys doing? “. 

“The most unseemly thing to do is complain after you offered to pay “. Kyungmin replied. 

“Right, you spend money and get cursed “. Byunghoon nodded in agreement. 

“I said I’m not buying for you guys “.

“It’s uncool, Kyungwoo-ah “. Byunghoon pouted with some sauce on the corner of his lips. 

“It’s thoughtless, my friend “. Kyungmin agreed with him. Kyungmi couldn’t help but laugh at them and then took another bite of spicy rice cake. Kyungwoo noticed how little she was eating and wondered. 

“You don’t like spicy rice cake? “. He asked. 

“I do “. Kyungmi blinked in confusion at the question. 

“Then why are you eating so little? “. 

“Ah~ Kyungmi has a little stomach. She can’t eat that much “. Minji replied in her stead. “I’m so envious of her since she doesn’t eat a lot, she’s that skinny “. 

“What’s so great about being skinny by not eating food? I wish I could eat more like Ahram “. Kyungmi complained with a smile. She missed the smile Kyungwoo just flashed by her comment. 

“Is that so? “. Minji nodded in understanding. 

“Yah, don’t we need to go give Jarim the keys? “. Ahram asked. Then she suddenly smiled. “Would that be disturbing them? “. 

“Disturbing? Disturbing what? “. Minji asked her with curiosity. Then Ahram nudged her arm with a mischievous smile. “Ah, don’t tell me…”. 

No. That’s not exactly what you are thinking about “. Kyungmi sighed as she could imagine what Minji was thinking about. She then grabbed her cup of water and began drinking it. 

“Ah! “. Minji suddenly screamed, startling everyone including Kyungmi, who accidentally dropped the cup on her skirt. 

“Yah! “. Ahram screamed with annoyance at her for startling her. 

“What the heck “. Kyungwoo looked at her with annoyance as well because of her scream. 

“No, it’s nothing “. Minji shook her head. 

“Yah, Kyungmi. You dropped water on your clothes “. Kyungmin pointed out. 

“Hey, are you okay? “. Ahram asked with concern. 

“Oh my, I’m sorry Kyungmi-ah “. Mini pouted at her. 

“I’m fine “. Kyungmi assured her as she grabbed a napkin and began drying the drenched spots. Kyungwoo exhaled through his nose at the sight and took out some napkins before passing them to her. “Oh, thank you “. She said as she gratefully grabbed the napkins and continued cleaning herself. 

 

She then excused herself to go to the bathroom to get her clothes dried by the hand-dryer machine. It took her ten minutes to dry all the wet spots before heading back to the table, only to see everyone outside of the restaurant, all of them except Kyungwoo. 

 

“Done? “. 

“Yeah “. She nodded as she fixed her hair. 

“Are you heading home now? “. He asked. “The guys are wondering if you want to join us at the internet cafe “. 

“I will pass for today “. She shook her hand to the sides. “After being up all night, I want to go home and take a nap “. 

“Okay then “. He nodded in understanding before the both of them walked out of the restaurant. 

“So? Will she join us? “. Byunghoon asked with a smile on his face. 

“She said she’s tired so she will join next time “. Kyungwoo explained to him in her stead. 

“Oh come on, it’s supposed to be a big game today “. Kyungmin pouted with sadness. 

“Sorry, I will join you next time “. She promised. 

“Then are you heading home? We will take you “. Minji suggested. 

“It’s alright. My house is not far away from here anyway. Plus yours are on the other side so I don’t want you guys to make double trips because of me “. 

“Then text us that you arrived home well “. Ahram said as she caressed Kyungmi’s arm. The latter softened and nodded in understanding as she bid them goodbye. She said goodbye to the boys too as she wore the hat of her hoodie and made her way to the bus stop. As she was getting closer, someone called her. She turned around to see Kyungwoo jogging with an umbrella in hand, covering her with it. 

“Huh? Why did you come? Weren’t you going to join the guys? “. She blinked in confusion. 

“I’m sleepy too anyway “. He simply replied as he guided them to the bus stop. 

“I see “. She nodded, ignoring the fact that something wasn’t right. They rode the bus in silence and then walked on the street passing Jooyoung’s house. Kyungmi was feeling kind of awkward being alone with Kyungwoo, especially when he was treating her like this. 

Why is he so nice all of sudden? “. She thought while tilting her head to the side. They finally arrived at the front of her building and Kyungmi turned around to face him. 

“Thanks for the snack and for taking me home “. She said. 

“It was nothing “. He replied as he shrugged his shoulders. 

“Then see you tomorrow “. She told him as she stepped out of the umbrella and began walking away. 

“Make sure you get a shower once you arrive home, so you don’t catch a cold “. He said, making her stop short on her track. She slowly turned around and faced him with confusion written on her face. “Then I’m leaving now “. With that, he turned around and left. 

What 's this? There weren't any of those lines in the story….”. She thought as her eyes widened in shock at something she just discovered. “Is….is the storyline changing? What have I done? “.