Chapter 4

Accidentally Changing The Story of a Web Drama

“The talent show will start soon. All students are to go to the assembly hall “. The announcer said. As soon as the announcement came out, all students began exiting their dorm building to head toward the gym. The girls were coming downstairs at the same time Kyungwoo was heading at the exit. He spotted Ahram with her two buns and smirked.

 

“Hey. Hey, are you a motorcycle? “. He laughed as he grabbed them and began pretending to ride a motorcycle. Ahram squealed with annoyance as her head was manipulated by Kyungwoo. 

“Let go! Do you want to get hit by a motorcycle? “. She yelled as she released her buns from him. “I should just stab you with this “. She retorted as she lifted her fist with some pins before turning around to leave. 

“Yah, you almost got stabbed for real “. Jinhee retorted. 

“Wow~ I almost died “. He chuckled. Kyungmi was the last one to get downstairs and stood behind as she listened to Jinhee and Kyungwoo’s conversation.

“By the way, Gong Jooyoung prepared something, right? I caught a glimpse of him earlier, and he was all dressed up “. 

“Yah. You absolutely can’t tell Wang Ja, okay? “. Kyungwoo told her. “Gong Joo worked super hard to surprise her “. 

“Of course, I won’t! But Gong Jooyoung is really unlucky “. Jinhee commented, earning Kyungmi’s attention. “Class 4 is before them, but there’s one guy in that class who used to be an idol trainee. Even if they do quite well, they’ll get crushed “. She said as she walked away. “Right….I forgot about this part….Well, nothing I can do “. Kyungmi thought as she walked behind them. 

“Hey, hey, help me “. Kyungwoo told Jinhee. 

“Don’t wanna “. Jinhee said before walking faster. Kyungwoo sighed as he tried to go downstairs by himself. “Aish….I was going to ask Minji to help him but she already left...Nevermind, I will help him just this once “. Kyungmi walked faster and stood next to him before pulling out a hand. 

“Need a hand? “. She asked while looking at him. 

“Huh? “. He looked at her in surprise, not expecting her to be here. Kyungmi looked at her hand and then at him. He stared at it too before nodding in response. “Oh “. He grabbed her hand and she looked at him with a smile before helping him get down. Once they were on the ground, she released his hand. Kyungwoo stared at his hand for a few seconds before facing her. “Thanks “. She smiled at him as she nodded in response. 

“Go at your pace, I will wait for you “. 

“Will you be okay? I’m quite fast “. He joked. 

“Yeah sure, Flash “. She mocked him. 

“Yah, is that a way to talk to a patient? “. 

“Then I will see you at the talent show “. She said as she began to walk faster. 

“Yah, I was joking. Wait for me “. He replied with a slight sulking expression on his face. Kyungmi held her laugh as she stopped and waited for him to come. It took them a few minutes to arrive at the place and the music began to play. Kyungwoo patted Kyungmi’s shoulder to grab her attention. 

“I will go find the guys “. 

“Okay, I will be with the girls then “. She replied. “Wish them good luck in my regard “. 

“Alright “, Kyungwoo nodded in understanding as he made his way backstage. Kyungmi looked for her friends and they were already sitting on the floor with an empty spot between Ahram and Jarim. 

“Kyung~ where have you been? “. Ahram pouted at her. 

“Sorry, I was in the bathroom “. Kyungmi apologized as she sat between them. The talent show started with a group of boys dancing The Boyz ‘Reveal’. The crowd was crazy over them as they cheered them up with chants of the song. The girl just attentively watched the performance while Kyungmi kept glancing at the backstage. “I’m sure the guys can pull their performance off as well “. The song came to an end and everyone clapped at the group. 

“They are really good “. Jinhee nodded in knowledge. “I wonder how the boys will perform “. 

“Me too “. Minji commented. “Since it’s a performance for Jarim “. 

“Shut up “. Jarim sighed. 

“Wow, it’s crazy! The crowd is on fire! “. The MC of tonight’s talent show exclaimed with the screams of people sounding in the background. “It was amazing. Come on, give a big round of applause for Class 4 “. The crowd cheered louder as they clapped. “It’s really amazing. What 's this? I thought you were at Yisam Information High School but you are actually at Yisam Arts High School! “. The public cheered again. “Okay, very good. I’m really looking forward to the next contestants. The next contestant is….Class 2! Come up to the stage! “. Kyungmi and her friends clapped when Jooyoung, Kyungwoo, and Byunghoon appeared on stage. “He’s going to perform in the end….”. Kyungmi thought, referring to Kyungwoo performing despite his ankle injury. 

“Hey, your boyfriend must be performing something! “. Jinhee teased as she shook Jarim’s shoulders from behind. 

“Aren’t you going to film your boyfriend? Should I do it for you? “. Ahram teased as well, getting her camera reading to film. 

“I’m telling you he’s not “. Jarim frowned in annoyance while complaining. 

“Hey, Lee Kyungwoo! Isn’t that Lee Kyungwoo? “. 

“He’s there, over there. Hey! “. Jinhee shouted while pointing at Kyungwoo. 

“Lee Kyungwoo! “. Ahram shouted with excitement. 

“Is his foot alright? “. Minji asked while staring at Kyungwoo in concern. “Don’t worry, it won’t kill him to perform for two minutes “. Kyungmi mentally replied. 

“Class 2! Class 2! Class 2! “. The crowd cheered while Kyungwoo was looking for a certain person. He spotted Kyungmi with her friends on his right side of the public and flashed a smile toward her. She responded to him by lifting her fists in the air, as a way to cheer him up. He then went to his position to dance as he and the rest of the boys waited for the song to start. The song began to play and the three boys began dancing the choreography. As expected, the crowd was cheering for them as well as Kyungmi and the rest of the group. Kyungmi noticed that Minji’s eyes were focused on Kyungwoo and she could guess that she was worried about his injury. Moving to sit next to her, Kyungmi then linked arms with Minji. 

“Hey, don’t you think Lee Kyungwoo is an awesome dancer? “. 

“Huh? “. Minji looked at her with confusion. “I really don’t know….”. She nervously laughed as she curled some short locks behind her ear while slightly blushing. Kyungmi pursed out the bottom of her lips and went to the spot next to Kyungmin as Minji didn’t say anything more so she continued cheering for the boys. As they were in the middle of the song, it suddenly stopped with the boys halting their moves, wondering what was going on. 

“What’s happening? “. Everyone began to question. Then the lights turned off. Everyone complained about the sudden blackout, with some of them deciding to leave while others began turning the lights of their phones on. 

Here comes the cheesy part….”. Kyungmi thought as she sighed while shaking her head. Then she sensed someone besides her. She turned around to see Kyungwoo already sitting next to her. 

“Are you okay? “. She asked while glancing at his ankle injury. 

“It was nothing “. He replied with a smirk on his face. Kyungmi scoffed as she stared at Jooyoung, who was still on the stage. 

“Hey, do you think Gong Joo would sing or something? “. 

“Who knows? “. Kyungwoo replied while shrugging his shoulders, meaning he knew Jooyoung was going to sing. Just then, Jooyoung began singing, with everyone cheering for him. Kyungmi wrinkled her nose as she felt goosebumps in her spine and arms. “What the? He was hella nervous, but he’s good “. Kyungwoo commented while scoffing with a smile as he stared at his friend. Kyungmi chuckled as she nodded in agreement. 

“Agreed “. She replied as she glanced at Jarim, wondering how she was feeling about the performance, missing Kyungwoo staring at her with attentive eyes. She also missed Minji taking glances behind at Kyungwoo while softly clapping her hands. The song came to an end and the crowd screamed with joy as they clapped. Kyungmi smiled and clapped as well. “Well….it wasn’t that bad….”. She nodded in agreement. 

“I’ll give five hundred points to the one who gives the loudest applause! “. The MC exclaimed as he walked on the stage toward Jooyoung. “Okay, Class one. I’ll remember you. Wow really, isn’t this school’s level far too high? He did really well, didn’t he? “. 

“Yes! “. 

“Okay, great. You’ve done well. You can step off the stage now “. The MC said to Jooyoung. “That’s what you thought I’d say, right? “. He teased and everyone laughed at the comment. “If I just let him go down, I can just quit my job as the recreation instructor, no? “. 

“Yes! “. 

“Okay, then. The student who thinks they are the one he sang this song for, please hurry up to the stage “. With that, Kyungmi and her friends began insisting Jarim go up to the stage. 

“No matter what, I think it was for me! “. Byunghoon exclaimed as he stood up while raising his hand. Then, Kyungmin stood up as well before giving him a kick. Kyungmi covered with both hands because of shock as she pitied Byunghoon for being treated like that. 

“I knew he would get hit, I knew it “. The MC joked. Kyungmi couldn’t help but laugh as well. “Okay, the girl from class three who wears red! “. Then all eyes were on Jarim as they began whooing at her. “If you come up to the stage now, I’ll give you a thousand points. If you don’t come, you’ll get minus thousand points! “. 

“Hey Wang Jarim, go up. Go “. Jinhee slightly pushed her.

“Hurry up and go “. Minji insisted. 

“Hey, go up “. Ahram joined them as well. 

“The points are meaningless anyway “. Jarim complained. 

“Just go “. Ahram said as she began to help Jarim to stand up. “Here. Go “. She said as she released Jarim once she stood up. Then everyone began whooing while clapping. 

“Okay, stand on this side “. The MC replied. “Can you each tell me your names? “. 

“I’m Gong Jooyoung “. Jooyoung replied when the MC put the microphone in front of him. 

“Gong Jooyoung. You have a pretty name “. The MC complimented. “And you, what’s your name? “. He turned around and placed the microphone in front of Jarim. But the latter refused to reply as she felt uncomfortable being the center of attention. 

“She's Wang Jarim “. Jooyoung replied in her stead. 

“You’re Wang Ja (prince) and Gong Joo (princess)? “. Then everyone teased because of the meaning of the nicknames. “Wait, I got goosebumps right now. You didn’t set this up, did you? “. 

“No! “. The crowd replied. 

“So they’re a match made in heaven! “. The MC replied. “Alright, then. How long have you been together with your boyfriend? “. 

“He’s not my boyfriend “. Jarim coldly replied. 

“He’s not your boyfriend? What’s this, what’s your relationship? “. The MC asked with a mischievous smile. “Give me the mic, and do this “. He said as he took the microphone from Jooyoung and made them hold hands as the crowd squealed with joy. “Okay, today is their first day of dating! “. Kyungmi chuckled as she clapped for them although in her mind knew that Jarim didn’t like this situation. 

“They really look good together “. Kyungmi mumbled under her breath, kind of envious toward Jarim that someone like Jooyoung likes her. She wondered that if she ever stays in this web drama forever, would she be able to have a partner like the both of them. 

“Feeling jealous? “. Kyungwoo whispered in her ear since the crowd was so loud for him to simply reply. 

“What are you saying? “. Kyungmi chuckled while staring at him. “I’m just complimenting them “. 

“That doesn’t look like that in my eyes “. Kyungwoo teased. 

“Why? Do you have someone in mind to suggest as a blind date? “. Kyungmi joked. “If that’s the case, I wouldn’t mind meeting him “. 

“Are you being serious? “. Kyungwoo’s expression suddenly turned rigid. 

“Why not? “. Kyungmi looked at him with curiosity. “Plus, imagine if I’m dating one of your friends, all of us would get along, isn’t that right? “. She asked before putting her focus on the stage again. 

“Yeah...I guess “. Kyungwoo’s voice sounded kind of disappointed but Kyungmi dismissed it as she was so focused on Jarim and Jooyoung. 

“Alright then, as a celebration of you becoming a couple, should we have a duet? “. The MC suggested. 

“Can’t you stop? “. Jarim suddenly asked and the crowd was complaining about the question. 

“Kiss! “. Someone shouted and everyone followed. 

“No, no! They can’t kiss! Their homeroom teacher is here at the back “. The MC replied. “He’s staring directly at them, they can’t kiss “. And the crowd whined in protest. “What? I got it. Okay then, since it’s their first day of dating, they can hug. If you hug each other, you can get off the stage “. 

“Hug! Hug! “. 

Kyungmi sighed as the crowd kept chanting the word in joy as she looked at Jarim in concern, but mostly, she was concerned about what will happen next. 

“Let’s not drag this out! It's boring! “. A male student said. 

“Hey, shut up “. Minji told him. 

“But they’re no fun “. He complained. 

“Won’t you shut the hell up? “. Ahram stood up with annoyance while glaring at the guy. “Shut it! “. She said as she lifted her fist, pretending to hit him. The girls and Kyungmin were trying to calm Ahram down as Kyungmi looked back at the stage in concern. “Please, just hug her before Ahram flips over the place “. Kyungmi begged in her mind. Then, she saw how Jooyoung was slowly approaching Jarim while she frowned, taking a few steps backward. Instead of a tight hug, he circled his arms around her without actually having physical contact, that’s why the crowd complained saying that this wasn’t a hug. Then Jarim bent down before coming out of the hug and left the stage. Kyungmi closed her eyes as she felt bad for Jooyoung before glancing at Jarim, who had her eyes glued on the floor. Then everyone began laughing and she looked up to see the MC accepting the embrace as he went in there. 

“Now that I'm here, I feel like I’m being protected “. The MC explained. “His arms really give a sense of security “. Kyungmi pursed her lips out as she glanced at Kyungwoo, who was staring back at her with the same gloomy expression, feeling bad for Jooyoung. “Okay, give him another round of applause! “. The MC said as everyone began clapping. “Alright, the next contestant is Class five! Class five, come up the stage! “. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

The talent show ended and everyone went back to their respective dorms. Kyungmi walked along with Kyungwoo since he needed help when going to the stairs. 

 

“Kyungmi-ah, hurry up! “. Ahram called her as she, Minji, and Jarim were heading to the second floor. 

“Okay! “. Kyungmi replied as she finished helping Kyungwoo walk to the stairs. 

“Thanks “. He said as he released his arm that was wrapped around her shoulders. 

“No problem “. She assured him as she faced him. “Make sure Jooyoung is okay and tell him that Jarim isn’t good at expressing her feelings so he doesn’t feel down “. 

“I will “. He nodded in understanding. 

“Then, sleep well “. Kyungmi patted his arm before walking away. Kyungwoo turned his head to see her already going up the stairs and sighed. Without thinking much, he headed back to his room. 

 

The next morning, everyone packed their stuff and began heading toward the buses to return home. Some decided to take the last pictures as memories while others headed fast to the bus to take some rest. Kyungmi was with Jarim, Minji, Ahram, Jinhee, and Kyungwoo to take some last pictures as Kyungmin was the photographer.  

“Minji-ah, come here “. Kyungmi linked arms with her and pulled her next to Kyungwoo. “Let’s take pictures like this “. 

“Oh...okay “. She nodded without asking a question. 

“Hey, come here “. Kyungwoo grabbed Kyungmi’s arm and pulled her closer to his right side so she could appear in the pictures next to him. 

“Why should I stand next to you? “. Kyungmi arched an eyebrow. 

“So you can look uglier “. He joked. 

“Aish, and I helped you yesterday, so mean…”. Kyungmi pouted as she did a V sign with her fingers to pose. Kyungwoo chuckled and looked at the camera as well. Minji, who was next to Kyungwoo on the left side because Kyungmi placed her there, asked. 

“Is your foot okay? “. 

“Didn’t you see me dancing yesterday? “. He retorted. 

“That’s why I’m asking if it got worse “. 

“You worry over nothing “. He replied. Minji then eyed him weirdly. Kyungwoo then stared at Kyungmi smiling widely at the camera and he decided to prank her by putting a V sign behind her head. 

“Done “. Kyungmin stood up.  

“Hey, let me see “. Jinhee told him so she could see the pictures. Kyungmi sighed as she pulled the strap of her backpack over her shoulder while crossing her arms. She saw Jarim leaving and saw a group of students talking about her. Kyungmi followed her behind and saw Jarim frowning. 

“Jarim, are you okay? “. She asked in concern. “What’s wrong? “. 

“I’m just tired “. She simply replied. Kyungmi opened to say something when Ahram called her to take some pictures. “Go with them, I will go first “. 

“But…”. She couldn’t say anything as Jarim left first. 

“Yah, Choi Kyungmi! “. Ahram called her again. 

“Coming! “. She replied as she took one last glance at Jarim before heading back toward the group to take last pictures. 

 

After taking pictures, they hopped on the bus while taking seats. Kyungmi saw Jarim and Minji sitting together while Ahram sat with Jinhee, leaving her with no partner for the ride. She hummed as she wondered if she should sit with someone from her class when someone grabbed her wrist and pulled her into the chair. She gasped with shock as she landed on the chair and turned to her right to see Kyungwoo looking at her with a calm expression. 

 

“What’s with you? “. She asked him. 

“Sit here if you don’t have any spot “. He suggested.

“What about Ahn Kaeng? “. She blinked before smiling in assurance at him. “I’m fine. I can just look for another seat- “. 

“Why? Are you uncomfortable being with me? “. He suddenly asked, catching her off the guard. 

“Huh? “. She was taken aback by his words that she blushed a little by how intense his gaze was on her. “No, it’s not- “. 

“Just sit here, there aren’t any seats left anyway “. He coolly said before taking his phone out to start playing a game. Kyungmi blinked in confusion while staring at him with wonder. “What’s wrong with him? I was planning for Minji to sit with him! I can’t believe my plans to set them up to don’t go as I wanted! “. She sighed with a pout at the unfairness of destiny. Kyungwoo looked at her and then took out his earphones, plugged them into his phone before holding out one of the earphones. “Do you want to listen to some music? “. Kyungmi turned to him, looked at the earphone, and arched an eyebrow. “For now, let’s just give in. He’s just offering to listen to music with him. It’s not something romantic, right? “. 

“Sure “. She hummed in defeat as she accepted the earphone before plugging it in her right ear. Kyungwoo slightly smirked as he played a ballad song, earning her attention as she looked at him with a frown. “Were you the type to listen to ballads? “. 

“Why? You don’t like it? “. He arched his eyebrows. She chortled with a small smile before shaking her head. 

“No, I like it “. She replied before making herself comfortable and closing her eyes to have a nap. Kyungwoo chuckled at her sight and mimicked her gestures as both of them went on a trip to dreamland as the bus drove away from the retreat area. 


 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

After the retreat, Jarim seemed to be colder toward Jooyoung as Kyungmi witnessed Jarim ignoring him when she and Jarim were about to go toward the convenience store. She sighed as she was sitting on one of the desks from the music room while watching Jarim play the piano. “She’s the one who feels uncomfortable toward Jooyoung, but why am I the one who does feel that? “. She thought as she caressed her ponytail. 

“So when are you guys going to date? “. Minji asked, earning Kyungmi’s attention. She stood up next to Jinhee and rested her arms on the piano to listen to the conversation. 

“What do you mean date? “. Jarim sighed. 

“With the whole singing thing, the kids in the other classes think that you guys are already dating “. Ahram explained while staring at the phone. 

“Be honest with yourself, you liked his song, right? “. Jinhee asked. 

“That’s bullsh*t “. Jarim frowned. 

“No, it showed all over your face “. Jinhee insisted. Jarim stopped playing and glared at her. 

“Do you want me to play the piano with your face? “. With that, Jinhee shut . 

“The atmosphere was pretty good if I’m being honest “. Kyungmi commented. “Didn’t that recreation teacher ruin everything? “. 

“Maybe “. Ahram agreed with Kyungmi.

“Anyway, stop pretending like you don’t like him. You say that, but you’re really nice to him “. Jinhee spoke. “I saw it all “. 

“What did you see? “. Jarim frowned in confusion. 

“You took off a grain of rice that was on him “. Jinhee confessed. 

“Wow~ “. Minji replied. 

“What?! “. Ahram looked at Jarim with shock. 

“Then you totally gave him a sign “. Minji beamed. 

“No, it's not. I just took it off because it was messy “. Jarim explained. 

“If you say it like that, you could've told him to take it off himself “. Kyungmi retorted. 

“Yeah “. Ahram and Jinhee agreed. 

“My hand moved by itself because that rice grain was bothering me “. Jarim said. 

“At that rate, you would date because you feel frustrated “. Minji teased with a pout on her lips. 

“Technically speaking, you never cut him off totally and said you disliked him “. Ahram reasoned with Jarim. 

“Oh~ that’s right “. Jinhee agreed with her. 

“Why did you do that? “. Minji teased Jarim with a cute tone. “Why can’t you cut Gong Jooyoung out? “. 

“I mean….”. The four girls were waiting for Jarim to respond. “It’s just because I pity him “. She finally responded before continuing to play the piano. Kyungmi exhaled through her nose while nodding in understanding. Then she heard. 

“Hey, what are you doing, Gong Jooyoung? “. “Wait, that sounds like Ahn Kyungmin’s voice “. Her eyes widened as she faced the door with horror. Hurriedly she opened the door, revealing a shocked Jooyoung staring blankly at the horizon. “Oh my God! How didn’t I see this coming?! “. 

“Jooyoung-ah….”. Kyungmi called him but he kept his gaze on Jarim. 

“Oh, wow...You’re re-really good at playing the piano “. He complimented while his eyes were shaken with sadness. Then, he ran away. 

“Jooyoung-ah! “. Kyungmi called for him but he ignored her and passed through his friends. She cursed under her breath while passing a hand over the top of her head. She caught Kyungwoo staring at her while mouthing. 

“What happened? “. Kyungmi couldn’t respond to him as her eyes were glued at the way Jooyoung just left. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

After school, Kyungmi and the girls walked through the field of the school as they were talking about what to do now. 

 

“I’m so hungry “. Ahram let out a large exhale. “Are you down to have spicy rice cake on our way back? “. 

“Don’t you want to wear short clothes during the summer? “. Minji asked while dusting off her hands. “I don’t even have money “. 

“You can eat with the money and not spend it on clothes “. Ahram complained. 

“You’re a genius “. Minji complimented her as she bumped fists with her. Then she spotted Jooyoung walking past them. “Oh! Gong Jooyoung! “. Jooyoung looked at them with cautious eyes as he lifted a hand before greeting them. 

“Hi “. He replied before walking away. 

“What’s wrong with him? “. Minji looked confused at the girls. “Something’s off. He’s never the type to do that. Normally he comes running like ‘Jarim, Jarim’ like a puppy“. 

“It’s nice that he’s not bothering me “. Jarim confessed. 

“That means he heard “. Ahram refuted. 

“What? “. Minji questioned. 

“When she said she felt bad for him “. Ahram explained. “I love how quick-witted you are Ahram “. Kyungmi mentally complimented her but it broke her heart that her favorite character was going through sadness. 

“Oh, that’s right “. Minji gasped at the discovery and nudged Jarim’s arm. “Yep, that’s it “. 

“Are you just going to leave him like that? I think he’s upset “. Ahram commented. Jarim sighed and said nothing as she walked away from the girls.

 

At home, Kyungmi finished taking a shower and went back to her bedroom after drying her head and went to her desk to sit down. She took her phone for any missing messages and saw a missing call from Kyungwoo. 

 

“Mm? Why did he call me? “. She pressed the missing call and pressed her phone on her ear as she waited for him to answer. After a few rings, he answered. 

“Oh “.

“I realized you called me, what is it? “. She asked as she headed toward her bed and sat there with her legs crossed.

“I wanted to know what happened this afternoon with Jooyoung “. 

“What? Gong Joo didn’t say anything to you? “. 

“He’s too depressed to even utter a word “. He retorted. Kyungmi sighed as she played with her hair. 

“Well… the thing is…”. She began telling him about how everyone thinks that Jarim and Jooyoung are a thing now but she doesn’t want that and she did all nice things to her because she pitied him. 

“So that’s what happened “. Kyungwoo sighed. 

“Would he be okay, right? “. Kyungmi asked him. “I felt bad when he left with that heartbroken expression “. 

“He’s always like that when he’s sad so don’t worry “. He assured her. Kyungmi nodded in understanding. “Aside from that, how are you? “. 

“Mm? “. She arched her eyebrows with confusion. “What do you mean? “. 

“Stomach ache “.

“Yah, it’s been a long time since I've recovered “. She giggled. 

“Yah, can’t I at least sound like I’m concerned about you? “. 

“Just leave the act “. She shook her head with a smile. “How about you? How’s the ankle? “. 

“Still hurting but it’s bearable “. 

“Good to hear that “. Kyungmi hummed. “Then I have an advantage in winning you over in Overwatch “. 

“Yah, it’s not like I play with my ankle. Are you dumb? “. 

“I was just joking. Really, you can be mean sometimes “. She sighed at the thought while Kyungwoo laughed at the other line. If she was Minji, she would have fallen in love with him because of his laugh. But since she didn’t have feelings for him, this gesture was nothing but a mere thing to her. Then they began talking about other stuff, not being aware of the time flowing as they were comfortable talking to each other. Something kept vibrating her phone, which was annoying her to a point. 

“Kyungwoo, give me a sec “. Kyungmi told him as she opened her Kakao Talk and looked through the messages of her friends. She frowned when she saw a video of Jarim and Jooyoung from the retreat. “Sorry, Kyungwoo. Something came up. I will contact you later, okay? “. She ended the call as she pressed the video to watch it. 

“This bastard….who is he to upload something without their permission? “. She muttered under her breath. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

The next day, the girls found out the culprit who uploaded the video and headed toward Class 6. After confronting him, he said that he wouldn’t take the video down. The guy walked out of the classroom as they followed him behind. 

 

“Aish...What the do you mean, delete it? “. The guy cursed at them while glaring at them. “It’s up to me because I filmed it “. 

“The one on the video said she doesn’t like it. Don’t you know she has portrait rights? “. Jarim confronted him. The guy scoffed in disbelief. 

“You’re nuts. Do you think you’re a celebrity or something? “. Kyungmi felt her blood boiling from anger as she crossed her arms and glared at the guy. 

“Everyone has portrait rights “. Jarim reasoned. “If you don’t delete it, I’ll have no choice but to report it to Google, so they do it “. 

“Yah “. The guy scoffed in a mocking way at her. “I uploaded it on Youtube. Why would you report it to Google? “. 

“Youtube is a part of Google, dumb*ss “. Jarim retorted. 

“Aish…”. The guy glared at her as he was ready to slap her when Ahram stepped in. 

“Yah “. Ahram stared at him firmly without blinking an eye as Kyungmi stayed alert in case the two of them fight. 

“What? What are you going to do? “. The guy questioned her, with eyes provoking for a fight. 

“Yah, talk to me “. Jarim told him. “If you don’t take it down, we can even ask for your account to be deleted after we report it. We can stop you from doing Youtube “. 

“! Then report it! “. He cursed at them.  “It’s not even a big deal, and you’re making one hell of a fuss! “. He exclaimed as he stared at the girls. “Don’t be so ridiculous after you did that to get attention! ”. He said before walking away. 

“Hey, you bastard- “. Ahram wanted to follow him when Jarim stopped her. 

“Let’s just go “. Jarim suggested.

“You guys go first “. Kyungmi told them, excusing that she was going to the bathroom before following the guy. As the guy was about to enter the guys’ restroom, Kyungmi grabbed his arm, spinning him around before slamming him against the wall. 

“Aish..., what do you want now?! “. He glared at her. 

“Delete the video when I’m talking to you nicely “. She warned him. He scoffed in disbelief as he gave her a creepy gaze. Little did they know that Kyungwoo was present watching the scene while hiding behind the wall. He originally wanted to talk with the guy to delete the video but after seeing Kyungmi intervening, he decided to step back and watch in alert in case the guy decided to harm her. 

“What are you going to do, huh? “. He asked as he pushed her shoulder with his fingers a few times. “What would you ing do?! “. The guy snapped. Kyungwoo cursed under his breath and he was about to step in when Kyungmi spoke. 

“Then I will do the same thing you did “. She responded as she took out her phone before showing him a video of him smoking on the field during the retreat. His eyes widened with shock as Kyungmi proceeded to explain. “Surprising, isn’t it? It’s impressive that you found ways to get cigarettes after going through that strict inspection “. She retorted. “If I happen to upload it on Youtube, you will be a total celebrity, right?. Oh my God! It will be nice if this reaches the teachers, don’t you think? “. She mocked him with a laugh. Kyungwoo couldn’t help but smirk while watching the scene. “She sure has a lot of surprises under her sleeve “. He thought. 

“This b*tch really ....”. He tried to reach the phone but she put it behind her while grabbing his collar and slamming him against the wall again. 

“If you don’t want this video to be directed toward the teachers, you better take that video down “. Now it was Kyungmi giving him the creepy gaze. “If you do, I will delete it. I promise “. She then released him as she shook her phone in front of him. “Your choice “. With that, she left toward her classroom. Kyungwoo leaned against the wall with a smirk on his face as he watched her leave. 

“You are really something, Choi Kyungmi “. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

The girls were at their usual spot for Korean snacks while eating some spicy rice cakes and rolls. 

“Mm? What's this? “. Minji questioned. “The video got taken down “. 

“Really? “. Ahram asked as she watched Minji’s phone for confirmation. “I guess he got scared “. Kyungmi slightly smirked as she took out her phone and looked through her gallery to find the video of the guy before deleting it. She was glad she remembered this scene and decided to film him to pay him back for being an . 

“ Look, it has been taken down “. Minji showed Jarim and Kyungmi the proof. “It 's gone “. 

“That’s a relief “. Kyungmi commented. “I’m glad he listened to you, or else I would have punched him in the face “. 

“I couldn’t agree more “. Ahram nodded along. 

“So just relax now “. Kyungmi suggested as she rubbed Jarim’s arm. The latter grinned at her before nodding. 


 

The next day, Kyungwoo invited Kyungmi to play billiards so that’s why she was there along with Byunghoon and Kyungmin. Jooyoung was still depressed from the incident with Jarim so he didn’t tag along. Kyungwoo sighed for the nth time as he ended the call. 

“Why? Is Jooyoung not responding? “. Kyungmi asked while waiting for her turn. Kyungwoo looked at her before nodding. She sighed as she shook her head. “How long will it take for someone to overcome this unnecessary pain? “. 

“You tell me “. Kyungwoo commented as he dialed Jarim’s number and called her. After a few rings, she answered. 

“What’s up? “. She replied. 

“Are you at home right now? “. 

“Yeah, why? “. 

“Then, perhaps, could you go to Gong Jooyoung’s place and check if he’s okay? “. 

“Why should I? “. 

“You live the closest to him. He hasn’t been picking up his phone since this morning. He’s been acting a bit strange these days “. 

“He’s probably doing fine “. 

“All you have to do is go and ring the doorbell “. 

“I don’t want to. It’s even weirder if I go “. 

“So heartless. All right “. He then ended the call. “Well, that did go well “. Kyungmi chuckled as she stood next to him. 

“Don’t worry. Even though she’s acting like that, she will definitely go to Jooyoung “. 

“How do you know that? “. He chuckled. 

“I know her “. “And because I remember this scene like the palm of my hand “. She just smiled at him before heading toward the table. “My turn! “. Kyungwoo smiled as he saw her getting ready to hit the balls with the stick. Then he slightly frowned at some thoughts that have been running in his mind. “Get your mind straight! It’s not like you like her or something! I must have gone crazy “. Then he looked at her again, and his heart suddenly pumped like crazy after seeing her. “Sh*t, I think I really fell in love with her “.