Chapter 15

Accidentally Changing The Story of a Web Drama

The next day, Kyungmi came back to the classroom after traveling to the restroom. When she arrived, she saw tons of notebooks and some summaries of subjects between her desk and Kyungwoo’s. She tilted her head to the side in confusion as she sat down while taking a summary of Chemistry. “I guess all of these are for Kyungwoo so he can study….aigoo~ our classmates really make efforts to avoid after-school study “. She sighed as she left all the stuff on his desk to have her desk clean as she took her things out to study. As she began studying, she noticed Kyungwoo’s presence when he got closer to her while eyeing his desk with confusion. He asked while sitting down and checking the notes. 

“What’s all of this? “. He looked at Kyungmi for answers. 

“No idea “. She shrugged her shoulders. 

“Whose is this? “. He asked as he looked up to see who left these things on his desk. 

“It’s mine “. A female student from their class said as she walked closer to him. “They're questions that may possibly appear on the exam. Make sure you look at them “. 

“Why should I? “. He scoffed in disbelief. 

“Kyungwoo-ah “. Another classmate appeared next to Kyungmi. “I summarized the key points of Korean class. Want to copy it? No wait, I’ll copy it for you “. Kyungmi blinked in amusement when someone came and kneeled in front of them. 

“Do you know the scope of our English exam? “. A male classmate asked. “Should I tell you? “.

“That’s okay, I’ll figure it out myself “. Kyungwoo exhaled with frustration. 

“Yah, Kyungwoo-ah “. Another male classmate kneeled down next to him. “You haven’t memorized the chemical symbols yet, have you? I’ll teach you an easy memorization method “. He said. “Little Nasty Kids Behind Maggie’s Backseat Always Cause Silliness“. Kyungmi nodded in the knowledge of how creative it was to memorize it. “What do you think? Easy, right? Try memorizing it like that “. Then Kyungwoo stood up and he glared at him. 

“What the hell are you guys doing? “. Then he began walking away. 

“Where are you going? “. The rest of the classmates asked him as they began following him behind while giving him tips. Kyungmi sighed at the mess as she shook her head before focusing back on her studies.

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

The day of the exam came, starting with Math as the first subject. The teacher began passing the papers to the ones on the front line. Kyungmi sighed in nervousness as she played with her pencil. 

 

“Pass it back “. The teacher said and the ones in the front line began passing the papers behind to the rest of their classmates. Kyungmi noticed Kyungmin looking back at Kyungwoo, lifting a fist that he can do well during the exam while everyone cheered for him. She sighed, wondering if he would ever do well during the three exams they have. Since she didn’t watch the rest of the episodes, she was clueless about what would happen next. Everyone began resolving the problems and exercises for the exam. Kyungwoo sighed as he tried to understand the questions and see if he could solve any of them. When he noticed that he didn't know any of them just by looking at them, he opened his pen and began marking answer 1 on the answer sheet before folding his arms to sleep. Kyungmi glanced at him and shook her head. “I guess we will have after-school study after all “. 

 

After the first exam ended, everyone gathered around Kyungwoo to see his answers and if he did well. 

 

“Lee Kyungwoo “. The class president called him. “Show me your test sheet so we can check our answers “. 

“Yah, there’s nothing to even check “. Ahram said. “Yah, Lee Kyungwoo, you put answer 1 for everything and slept, didn’t you? “. 

“We taught you so diligently. How can you do this? “. Kyungmin complained of unfairness. 

“I don’t know the answers! “. Kyungwoo cried out in annoyance. 

“We taught you everything! What’s the binomial identity? “. Kyungmi asked. 

“(a+b) squared gives a squared + 2ab + b squared “. Kyungwoo responded. 

“So you know it! So what was the answer to question 1? “. Kyungmin asked and Kyungwoo looked dumbfounded at his test sheet. 

“I think he memorized the formula, but couldn’t apply it “. The class president predicted this after looking at Kyungwoo’s expression and then looking at Kyungmin. “You didn’t teach him how to use the formula? “. 

“Ah right, the application “. Kyungmin gasped in shock and everyone sighed in disbelief. “Dammit, I only made him memorize them. What do we do? “. 

“You buffoon, so this is your fault. How do you expect him to apply it, with that brain of his? “. A male classmate said and Kyungwoo glared at him, kind of offended by his comment. 

“Let’s just let it go and assume we’ll get after-class study “. A female classmate said. “Teaching my puppy at home would be more worth it “. 

“Yah, are you going to say whatever you want when I’m in front of you? “. He glared at her as she sealed her lips. 

“No “. Kyungmin shook his head. “I invested so many hours in him “. He commented. “Our Kyungwoo can do well “. He said as Kyungwoo shook his head in disagreement. “You just have to do well from now on, so let’s go over the questions quickly “. 

“Ah, please, let’s stop this. Please! “. Kyungwoo begged in despair as Kyungmi patted him on the shoulder for comfort. 

 

The next exam was Science. Kyungmi had strength when it comes to everything related to Physics, Chemistry, and Biology so she had confidence that she will get a 100 in this. She glanced at Kyungwoo to see how he was doing and saw that he was resolving the exam smoothly without randomly marking the answers. Kyungmi smiled a little at how hard he was trying to solve the questions, and somehow, she felt proud of him. Then she remembered her discussion with Kyungwoo and it reminded her that after that, they’ve been talking less than before and she felt kind of sad but relieved at the same time. “Yeah, Kyungmi. This is the best you can do. Let’s just focus on the exam now “. 

Everyone ended their exams after the last subject was English. Kyungmi stretched her arms in relief that exams were over. She checked her phone to see any missing messages and saw some from her friends. 


 

Pretty Yuri: Yah, I’m doomed. I failed all my exams T-T 

Pretty Yuri: Will I be able to go to college? 

Cutie Seri: Yah, be hopeful that you will pass with 70. 

Cutie Seri: Kyung~ How did you do in the exams? 

 

She chuckled at their comments and replied to them. She then saw a new message from an unknown number, and suddenly she felt a bad vibe about it. She hesitantly opened the message and she swore she felt goosebumps all over her back. 

 

Unknown number: You can ignore me all you want

Unknown number: We will be together soon

 

“What the hell? “. She murmured in panic as she wondered who the hell is writing these messages. 

 

Perhaps...Kim Hyukjae? “. She thought as she looked back at the message. She shook her head and locked her phone to not think about it. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

A week later after the exam, the results came out. Apparently, the homeroom teachers from Class 2 and Class 3 made a bet, in which the class with the lowest average in grades had to pay for pizza. In the end, the teacher from Class 2 won, and the homeroom teacher from Class 3 had to pay for the pizzas. 

 

“The midterm results are out “. The teacher replied as he glanced at his students' somnolent expressions. “What's this? I’m the one who had to buy pizza for the other class, so why are you the ones looking like you’re in mourning? “. 

“We all know how Lee Kyungwoo took the exam, that’s why “. Kyungmin replied with a sad expression on his face. “From when are we going to have night study, sir? Till what time will it be sir? “. 

“That’s not it “. The teacher replied. “Lee Kyungwoo’s grades increased a lot. The guy who usually gets a 30 point average got 60 points “. He announced and everyone looked at Kyungwoo with shock. “Looks like you guys helped a lot. But not only did Lee Kyungwoo improve, but you all have also increased your grades as a whole, so in these midterms, our class got not less than third place in the entire first-year grade “. 

“Wow! “. Everyone was shocked by the results of being third. 

“Third place from last “. The teacher corrected it. “Anyway, we avoided last place “. The students cheered in happiness at the news. “Quiet, quiet! So, we’ll forget about the after-class study. Get ready for your class “. With that, the teacher left. 

“I thought we would have to attend night study. What happened? “. Kyungmin asked while turning at his friend with a wide smile on his face. 

“I thought that only my grades increased “. A female classmate said. 

“Me too “. 

“I studied harder than usual just to teach Lee Kyungwoo “. A male student said. 

“We killed it “. Another guy said.

“Kyungwoo, want me to tutor you again for the next midterm? Looks like your brain isn’t a rock, after all “. Another guy told him. 

“Have you gone mad? If you guys do that again, I’ll drop out “. Kyungwoo said and everyone laughed at his comment. 

“Still, congratulations for improving “. Kyungmi softly smiled at him. “I’m proud of you “. Kyungwoo mimicked her gesture and nodded in gratitude. 

“Thanks “. He said. “I will be back “. He said as he stood up and left. Kyungmi sighed in relief as she stretched her arms. “I guess tutoring him was worth it. So glad we won’t have after-class study “. 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

Since classes were over, Kyungmi agreed to meet with Seri and Yuri and the three of them went to eat pizza at a local Seri searched through the internet. 

 

“Seriously? “. Seri gaped at her with happiness. “Then no after-class study? “. 

“Yeah “. Kyungmi smiled at her as she ate her Shrimp Mediterranean pizza. 

“Wow~ just how bad was Lee Kyungwoo in learning to make you lose weight? “. Yuri sighed while looking at her friend’s skinny figure. “You must have been stressed to tutor that moron “. 

“Don’t even mention it “. Kyungmi sighed as she shook her head. “I might never tutor him with the little patience I have “. She stopped eating and looked at her friends with a conflicted expression. “But….there’s another reason why I’m stressed “. 

“What happened? “. Seri frowned in concern. 

“I don’t know if it’s just my imagination….but I feel like someone is stalking me “. 

“What?! “. Yuri and Seri exclaimed in unison. 

“Not just that….I keep receiving messages from an unknown number “. 

“Who is the jerk that is bothering you? “. Yuri looked at her with a serious expression. 

“I don’t really know….but I have a guess of who might be….”. 

“Who is it? “. Seri demanded. 

“Kim Hyukjae “. Kyungmi replied with hesitation. 

“Kim Hyukjae? “. Yuri blinked in confusion as she looked at Seri. “Yah, isn’t he one of Gongwoo’s friends? “.

“Are you sure it was Kim Hyukjae? “. Seri asked her. 

“It’s just a guess. But with how he got my number without asking me, I began to suspect it was him “. Kyungmi explained. “But it could also be another person, maybe from my school….because my stuff began to disappear a couple of weeks ago “. 

“Yah…..I’m suddenly getting goosebumps “. Yuri replied as she embraced herself. “And haven’t you thought of figuring out who it might be? “. 

“Of course, I tried “. Kyungmi sighed as she looked up at the ceiling. “But it seems that person is smart “. 

“Try to set a trap “. Seri suggested. “Like put something important inside of your locker and wait for that person to come and then face him or her! “. 

“That doesn’t sound bad “. Kyungmi nodded in agreement at the idea. 

“If you think it’s Kim Hyukjae, then let me ask anyone who has information about that guy “. Yuri replied to assure her that she will be fine. 

“I will also ask Gongwoo about him “. Seri nodded in confirmation. 

“Thanks, girls….”. She sighed in relief. “Somehow….he seems familiar though….Was he some part of the real Kyungmi’s past life? I will have to look into it “. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

A few days have passed and nothing special happened in Kyungmi’s daily life, except for the part where she kept receiving text messages from that unknown number, which was driving her crazy. One day, she called that number to confront that person, but it always went to voice message. What was driving her even crazier was that she kept losing things, such as her hairpin, her lipstick, some candies that she adores, and one of her textbooks. At the same time, she had less time to hang out with Kyungwoo. Ever since he started dating Bang Yeseul, their times to hang out shortened, and when they hang out, it was always in her presence, which she really didn’t mind but still….she hoped to hang out with just Kyungwoo. 

 

Kyungmi was in her vanity as she was combing her hair while looking at the mirror with indifference. “Was this the right choice….I kind of miss him and our hangouts….”. She thought with a sigh. Her thoughts vanished when she received a message from Jarim. 

 

Wang Ja: Kyungmi, I will leave first with Jooyoung since you’ve been taking too long to come out. 

 

Ah...right...I forgot that Jarim was waiting for me….”. She mumbled as she replied back to Jarim. 

 

KyungM: Sorry….I must have taken too long to get ready. No problem, see you at school. 


 

She stood up as she grabbed her backpack and left. 

 

The day went on as usual. Kyungmi let out a sigh as she watched her friends except Minji eating some bread and other sweets they got at the convenience store. 

 

“Kyung~ what’s wrong? “. Ahram asked with concern. “Eat some of these “. She said while holding out bags of bread. 

“Thanks, but I don’t have any appetite “. Kyungmi forced a smile. 

“Now that I think about it, you seem to have lost some weight “. Jarim pointed out. 

“Lucky you “. Minji sighed with envy.

“Maybe it’s because I’m stressed with school “. Kyungmi said with an expression of tiredness. 

 

Just then, Jooyoung came over jumping with a smile on his face. 

 

“Jarim-ah, should we go to the snack store? “. Then he noticed the snacks on the desks. “Oh, what? You already went. But why did you buy so much? “. 

“I’ve been craving food these days “. Jarim explained. 

“She’s eating as much as I am these days “. Ahram said. “Oddly enough, she doesn’t gain any weight. Has it all gone to her height? “. 

“You guys are so lucky. I’m envious you can eat without worry “. Minji sighed with a pout with her arms crossed. 

“Yah, eat and exercise afterward. Why stupidly starve yourself? “. Ahram nagged at her. Then she pulled out the bread she was eating, offering it to her. “Do you want a bite? “. 

“No “. Minji said as she pushed the bread away from her. “ I’m not made for exercising “. 

“Give it to me “. Jarim said as she held out her hand. Ahram was about to pass it to her when Jooyoung snapped it away from her. 

“No! “. 

“What the? Why? “. Jarim asked with annoyance. 

“Are you scared she’ll grow taller or what? “. Ahram snapped as she took the bread away from him. Kyungmi arched her eyebrows with curiosity as she eyed him. 

“That's not it! I just wanted to suggest going to buy something tastier “. He excused. 

“Something tastier? What is it? “. Jarim blinked with curiosity. “Let’s go “. She said as she stood up. Kyungmi glanced at Jooyoung taking a few steps back while eyeing Jarim with widened eyes. “Yah. What’s with you? “. Jarim wondered as she saw Jooyoung frozen on his spot. 

“Jarim-ah…”. He lightly scoffed in disbelief as he imagined her being taller than him. “ Why don’t you gain weight instead? “. With that, he ran away. 

“What the heck? Didn’t you say we’re going to buy some delicious food? Where are you going? “. Jarim shouted at him. Kyungmi sighed and shook her head. 

“Whatever, I will go get something from my locker “. Kyungmi said as she stood up and left her classroom. She turned to her right but halted when she saw someone in front of her locker while trying to put combinations. “I caught you, rat “. She glared at the female student and walked toward her before grabbing her wrist, startling her. 

“Yah, what are you? What are you doing in front of someone else’s locker? “. She confronted her. 

“I-I….”. The female student stuttered as she tried to find an excuse. 

“Follow me “. Kyungmi muttered as she dragged the female student and led her to the music classroom, which was empty, and pulled her in before locking the door. She turned around and crossed her arms as she glared at the female student. “Now, tell me. Who are you? Were you the one who took my stuff during the past few weeks? “. The female student shook as she anxiously played with her fingers while looking around to avoid making eye contact with Kyungmi. “Yah, I’m talking to you “. Kyungmi replied with annoyance. “If you don’t say anything, I will report this to the principal “. 

“P-Please! “. The female student looked at her with panic as she kneeled down while rubbing her hands in pleading. “Please don’t do that “. 

“Then answer me “. Kyungmi murmured as she walked closer to her. “Who are you? Why did you take my stuff? “. 

“I-I…...I didn’t want to steal anything from you in the first place “. The female student began explaining. “I was asked to do it in exchange for some money “. 

“Who asked you to do it? “. Kyungmi pressured her to say it, and the female student looked at her with hesitation. “If you don’t reply, then I will go now to the principal’s office- “. 

“I don’t really know him! “. The female student cried out in panic. “I just know he’s from SeokHo Boys High School because of his uniform! “. 

“SeokHo Boys? “. Kyungmi frowned in confusion at the new information. “Anything else? His name, appearance? “. 

“I-I don’t know his name “. She gulped in nervousness. “B-But what I know is that he had light brown hair….”. 

Light brown hair…..it’s definitely Kim Hyukjae. I can’t be mistaken “. She looked back at the female student before warning her. “I will let you off this time, but don’t ever do that. If I find that one of my things disappears again, I will report this to the police instead, got it? “. The latter rapidly nodded in agreement. “Leave now “. She replied. The girl nodded at her before walking out of the classroom as Kyungmi rubbed her temple in distress. “If it really is Kim Hyukjae, then what he’s doing is a crime. I must do something about it “. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

The next day, Kyungmi felt a pain in her stomach as she rubbed it with a frown. 

 

“Why all of sudden? It’s not like I’ve been eating junk food these days...plus I have no appetite “. She stood up as she went to the front door of the classroom to leave when she bumped into someone’s chest. She lost balance and she was falling backward if it weren’t for that person to grab her by her waist. “Oh...thanks….”. She looked up to see Kyungwoo eyeing her with surprise. Her eyes widened and immediately stood up straight, gently pushing him away. “Thanks….”. 

“Yah, are you okay? “. Kyungwoo asked her. “You look pale and….”. He noticed the beams of sweat covering her forehead. 

“I’m fine “. She said as she began to walk away, leaving him behind. She arrived at the infirmary and talked with the doctor about her symptoms. 

“Hmm...it seems like you have a stomach ache because of stress “. The doctor told her. 

“Can that happen? Isn’t that because of indigestion? “. She asked. 

“You said you had no appetite these days. It can be confused with indigestion because of how similar the symptoms are but it can happen because you feel stressed or anxious “. He explained as he pulled out some painkillers for her. “Eat this and have some rest in the bed. I will leave right now because I have something important to attend “. He said as he stood up and left. Kyungmi sighed as she took the pills and swallowed them with water before heading to one of the beds. She took the blanket away before hopping in and tugging inside of it while bringing it up to her chin. She let out a long exhale as she closed her eyes and fell asleep. Then someone stepped into the infirmary and walked toward where Kyungmi was. Stepping out of the curtain, Kyungwoo eyed her with concern written on his face as he watched her sleeping peacefully. 

 

“Can’t you even take care of yourself? Stupid of you “. He sighed when he stood next to her and took a seat on the bed next to hers. “Don’t be sick….That’s the least I want you to be….”. He said as he stared at her with longing. 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

The teacher for the last class left and the students were dismissed to go home. 

 

“Kyung~ are you okay? Let’s walk together. I will take you home “. Ahram said as she linked arms with her. 

“I’m fine now “. Kyungmi assured her. 

“It’s because I’m not okay “. Ahram snapped with distress at her friend’s stubbornness. “You always say you are fine when you are not. Please, just this once, accept my help “. Kyungmi wanted to protest, telling her that she was really okay but Ahram wouldn’t let her and dragged her away with her arms linked around Kyungmi’s. As they were walking to the bus stop, Ahram spoke. “Tell me the truth. Is it because of Lee Kyungwoo? “. She tried to guess. 

“What are you saying? “. Kyungmi scoffed with amusement. “It’s not about that “. 

“Then what is it? “. Ahram kept asking. Kyungmi halted her steps to look at her, wondering if it was a good idea to say it. 

“Promise me you won’t tell this to anyone, including Lee Kyungwoo “. 

“What is it that you can’t even tell him? “. Ahram questioned. 

“Just promise me, AhRong “. Kyungmi begged. 

“Alright! I won’t “. She promised. Kyungmi exhaled through her nose before replying. 

“I think I’m being stalked “. 

“WHAT?! “. Ahram now looked livid about the situation. “Who's the jerk? Tell me “. 

“I don’t know either “. Kyungmi shook her head, although she had a guess that it was Kim Hyukjae. “I want to know too. I’m so frustrated. I don’t feel safe when I’m walking alone, and I keep receiving anonymous text messages…..Ah, also my stuff keeps disappearing and I think it’s related to that stalking person “. 

“Have you talked to your mother about this? “. 

“No “. She shook her head. “I don’t want to worry her, and I want to be sure who it is so I can report it to the police “. Ahram sighed as she looked away to think about it to help her friend. 

“Alright, for now just keep ignoring the messages. I will try to walk with you most of the time to school and back home “. 

“I don’t want to bother you with the last part “. 

“Why is that bothering if my friend feels troubled?'' Ahram clucked her tongue. “Don’t worry about it “.

“Thanks…..”. Kyungmi sighed with relief. She felt she could at least feel safe in the presence of someone she can trust.  

“What do we have here? “. They looked up and Kyungmi softly gasped when she saw Jo Seungmin along with his friends. 

“What is this jerk doing here? “. Ahram asked as she stood in front of Kyungmi for protection. 

“Relax, I’m not here to fight “. Seungmin scoffed with a smirk as he eyed Kyungmi. “I heard Kyungwoo got a new girlfriend, too bad he dumped you “. 

“We were never a couple in the first place “. Kyungmi retorted. “You seemed quite free to interfere in other people’s lives “. Seungmin laughed at her response. 

“You are still the same as before, Choi Kyungmi “. Seungmin replied as he tilted his head to the side. “Ah, I heard that you met Kim Hyukjae too, what a coincidence, isn’t it? “. 

“Do you know Kim Hyukjae? “. Kyungmi frowned in confusion. Something didn’t feel right. Seungmin chuckled at her question. 

“Of course, I know him! We went to the same middle school! “. Seungmin said. “Although it was for a year we went together, we got quite close back then “. He explained. “But….I keep wondering why he’s after you again. He should just have given up since last year….”. Kyungmi furrowed her eyebrows as she was able to hear his mumbling. “Anyway, glad to see you again “. He then glanced at Ahram being alert in case he does something odd. He laughed as he lifted his hand to bid goodbye to them. “See you around then “. He said before leaving along with his friends. 

“What was with that jerk? “. Ahram asked while eyeing him with suspicion. 

“No idea…”. She sighed as she looked at the horizon in confusion. “What’s Hyukjae’s connection with Jo Seungmin? “. 

“Forget about him. The bus arrived. Let’s go “. Ahram suggested as she linked arms with her again before hopping on the bus. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

Kyungmi couldn’t help but feel bothered by what Jo Seungmin said to her. Since yesterday, she had been curious about what he referred to as ‘He’s after you again’. “What was that? Would it be that in the past I met Hyukjae? No way….I couldn’t find any photos or memories of him from Kyungmi’s past “. She pulled out her phone and began dialing a number. After three rings, a male voice replied. 

 

“Hello? “. 

“Oh, Jihoo. It 's me, Kyungmi “. She answered while rubbing the back of her neck. “Are you busy? “. 

“No, why? “. 

“Then, can we meet? There are some things I want to ask you “. 

“Oh...sure. Where do you want to meet? “. 

 

Kyungmi told him to meet at a Bobired in an hour from now. She got ready by wearing a light yellow top with a denim jean skirt. She left her place and made her way to meet Jihoo. Thirty minutes later, she arrived at the bus stop where she agreed to meet with him and spotted him sitting on the bench. 

“Jihoo-ah “. She called him. He looked up and gave her a welcoming smile before standing up. 

“Hey “. He greeted. “Are you okay? You sounded so anxious on the phone “. He looked at her with concern. 

“Why don’t we go to the place I mentioned to you before? Let’s eat something while chatting “. She suggested and he nodded in agreement. They were approaching the restaurant when they spotted two couples in front of it. 

“Oh? Lee Kaeng? Minji? “. Kyungmi blinked at them with confusion as she spotted Sanghoon there too. “What are you guys doing here? “. 

“Ah….”. Minji couldn’t utter a word as she didn’t know what to say. 

“Kyungmi, hi! “. Yeseul greeted her with a wave. 

“Hi….”. Kyungmi forced a smile as she waved at her.

“What brings you here? “. Minji asked Kyungmi. 

“Oh~ I came to have lunch with a friend.  I heard this place sells delicious food “. Kyungmi commented. “Ah. Let me present him to you. He's Kang Jihoo “. She said as she looked at him. “Jihoo-ah, this is my friend Yang Minji, and Jung Sanghoon “ And then she turned to the couple. “And this is my friend Lee Kyungwoo and his girlfriend, Bang Yeseul “. 

“Hi “. Jihoo smiled at them as the pairs waved at him. 

“Oh? “. Minji tilted her head to the side to take a better look at Jihoo. “Kyungmi-ah, isn’t he the one you met at your previous blind date? “. Minji asked, earning the attention of Kyungwoo, who was frowning in disapproval about that term. 

“Oh…..”. Kyungmi looked at Jihoo before forcing a smile at her friends. “Yeah….he is “. 

“But we are just friends! Please don’t misunderstand “. Jihoo awkwardly chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck in nervousness. 

“Just friends? “. Yeseul asked with suspicion in her eyes. “It doesn’t seem like that to me “. She teased. “You guys would look good together as a couple, don’t you think Kyungwoo? “. Yeseul asked him, but the latter didn’t reply to her as he had mixed feelings about Kyungmi’s so-called friend. 

“What are you saying? “. Kyungmi awkwardly chuckled as she cleared . “We don’t want to take your time so we will leave first “. She said before looking at her friend. “Let’s go “. Jihoo nodded at her before smiling back at her friends. 

“It was nice meeting you all “. He replied before following her along as they entered the restaurant. Kyungwoo glanced with irritation at the pair walking together and suddenly grabbed Yeseul’s hand as he excused Minji and Sanghoon that they were leaving before walking away along with her. 

 

Back at the restaurant, Kyungmi ordered the food that both of them might like and they began to dig in. Kyungmi was slowly taking small bites of the food while thinking about Jo Seungmin’s words. Jihoo noticed her spacing out and sighed as he decided to ask her what was happening. 

 

“Kyungmi, are you okay? “. He asked her. “Did something happen to you? “. 

“Huh? “. She looked at him with surprise before blushing in embarrassment for being caught distracted. “Sorry….It’s just I’ve been stressed with something ”. He hummed as he nodded in understanding. 

“So, what is it that you wanted to talk about? “. He asked. Kyungmi looked at him with hesitation before putting her fork down. 

“How well do you know about Kim Hyukjae? “. She dropped the bomb.

“Kim Hyukjae? “. He blinked at her. “Not much to be honest... just the fact that we met this year and that he’s in our class “. 

“I thought you guys were friends “. She frowned at him. 

“He’s friends with Gongwoo. Not with me “. He emphasized. “Although I wish Gongwoo doesn’t get along with him. That Kim Hyukjae guy doesn’t seem….like a good person “. He sighed at the thought. “But, why are you asking about him? “. 

“That….”. She hummed before looking at him. “I have a bad vibe about him “. She started. “I met him at the festival in my school, and ever since then, he’s been texting me and waiting for me at school….I don’t even know how he got my number in the first place “. 

“Kim Hyukjae did that? “. Jihoo frowned at the explanation and he thought about it until he realized something. “I guess I know where he got your number “.  

“What? How? “. She looked at him with curiosity. 

“I was at practice that day and he and Gongwoo were accompanying me on the field “. He explained. “I don’t know if I got a call or a message, but Hyukjae kind of attended it in my stead. I found it weird when he had my phone in hand, but I dismissed it...sorry “. 

“No, it wasn’t your fault “. She shook her head and then she took out her phone to show him the text messages she’s been receiving. “Then do you know if this is his phone number? “. She asked. 

“No, that’s not his “. Jihoo shook his head in denial. “Who is this person? “. 

“I don’t know “. She sighed as she put her phone away. “Ever since I’ve blocked Hyukjae’s number, I began receiving text messages from this number and I got a feeling it was his….”. 

“If you want, I can check it for you “. 

“Will you really do that? “. She looked at him with surprise. “Won’t you be put in an uncomfortable position? “. 

“You are struggling because of this unknown person. Of course, I want to help “. He told her. “If it happens to be Kim Hyukjae, I will confront him “. 

“Thanks, Jihoo “. She sighed with relief. “I would be thankful if you could help me “. 

“No problem “. He assured her with a smile of comfort. “Now let’s dig in. I’m sure you weren’t able to get enough food because of stress “. She chuckled at his comment and nodded in agreement before she continued and began to dig in.