Chapter 22

Accidentally Changing The Story of a Web Drama

The days were getting colder as time passed. Kyungmi wore her favorite pink hoodie and made sure it matches her uniform. She sighed with satisfaction at the outfit and grabbed her backpack before heading out of the room. Today will be the day she will go to school with Kyungwoo as a couple and somehow she felt nervous about it. She arrived at the first floor and walked out of the building, at the same time Kyungwoo arrived there. Kyungmi smiled at him as she jogged toward him before greeting him. 

 

“Hi “. She said. 

“Hey “. He grinned as well as he planted a kiss on her cheek and grabbed her hand, making her heart flutter at his sweet gestures. “Did you sleep well? “. 

“Not really “. She sighed as she grabbed one of the straps of her backpack. “Since we have a Math exam today, I spent the night doing Math exercises “. 

“No wonder you have dark circles under your eyes “. He pointed out. 

“Really? “. She blinked as she took her phone out to check on them as a mirror. “I made sure to put on some makeup though “. 

“Still...you look beautiful “. He complimented, making her blush. 

“You are making me shy “. She mumbled as she gently crashed her hips toward him, trying to hide her smile. He chuckled at her cuteness before tightening the grip on their hands. 

“Come on. We have to go or we will miss the bus “. He said as he pulled her along so they could go to the bus stop together. 

 

After thirty minutes of riding, they hopped off the bus and walked toward the school building. Everyone was looking at them and they began gossiping. “Aigoo~ They began with their babbling….there won’t be a day when I won’t be the center of attention “. She mentally sighed as she wrapped her free arm around his, making him look her way. 

 

“Aren’t you cold? “. Kyungmi asked. “I heard there will be thunder today “. 

“Really? “. He arched an eyebrow. “I didn’t know “. 

“After school, we should just go home today instead of going to the internet cafe as planned. What if it starts raining? “. 

“Don’t worry “. He chuckled while patting her head. “We can always get an umbrella “. 

“You know, these days you are being too sweet. Sometimes I miss the savage Kyungwoo “. She hummed. 

“Yah, I have to be sweet so that I can tease you the next time “. 

“I retract my words. I prefer the sweet Kyungwoo “. Kyungmi commented with a pout of annoyance, making him laugh. 

 

They arrived at their classroom and they were greeted by their friends. 

 

“Oh my! “. Jinhee gasped as she eyed them with a mischievous smile on her face. “Officially coming out as a couple? “. 

“It was about time you guys came out “. Ahram sighed as she finished her bread. Minji looked confused at the new couple as she stared at their intertwined hands. 

“Did….I miss something? “. Minji forced a smile as she looked at the girls for answers. 

“Ah~ Those fools are dating “. Kyungmin explained it to her. “Apparently they had feelings for each other but they never got to confess. They’ve been dating for two weeks now “. 

“Really…? “. Minji asked as she glanced at Kyungmi and Kyungwoo. The former somehow felt bad at her reaction, knowing that Minji was still in love with Kyungwoo and maybe she still had hopes that someday she will date him. “I’m so sorry Minji…. “. She thought as she glanced at Ahram, who gave her a subtle nod, assuring her that it was okay. “Anyways, congratulations…. “. 

“Thanks “. Kyungwoo chuckled, an expression that was so rare of him. “We should go on a double date someday “. He suggested. 

“Sure…”. Minji nodded, quite distracted and depressed by the news. Kyungwoo didn’t see her reaction as he pulled Kyungmi toward their desks. He pulled the chair for her as he took a seat on his own. 

“Thanks “. Kyungmi smiled in gratitude at him before taking a seat and putting her backpack on the rack of her desk. As she was talking to Kyunwoo about what they should do during the weekend, she could sense Minji’s gaze on her and she felt like a hole would be formed on the back of her head if she kept staring at them. Minji looked away from them and shook her head before going back to talk with the rest of the girls. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

The end of classes was nearing as the students were getting ready to be dismissed. Kyungmi and the crew gathered at Class 3, talking about random stuff. 

 

“This idiot screamed even when there wasn’t anything. I couldn’t watch the movie properly because of him “. Kyungmin said while pointing at Jooyoung. 

“No, but I was scared because of the sound! “. Jooyoung excused. “If we talk about that, he’s even more of a chicken “. He said, referring to Kyungwoo. “He was wearing his headphones and playing games “. 

“Yah. I don’t like fantasy. Why do you watch stuff about ghosts that don’t even exist? “. Kyungwoo retorted. 

“How would you know they don’t? “. Jooyoung . 

“That’s right. There are pictures of spirits and even real stories “. Byunghoon added. 

“If there really were, it would be all over the news. Do you believe those? “. Kyungwoo asked while looking at him with frustration. 

“They do exist “. A male classmate interfered in their conversation. “Actually, my mom said I would see a ghost today “. Kyungmi tilted her head to the side after hearing him say that. She was interested in what he was about to say next. 

“What does your mother do? “. Kyungmin asked. 

“She’s a psychic “. Kyungmi’s eyes widened at his response. Suddenly, she felt goosebumps on her spine as she sat up straight while eyeing everyone, who had the same expression as her. “No wonder, I was feeling sweaty today “. 

“Yah, that’s because you’re always sweaty “. Kyungwoo retorted at him. “This is all psychological stuff- “. He was interrupted when the sounds of thunder and some lighting appeared as the classroom’s light suddenly blackout. Kyungmi, unfazed by horror things, looked calmly around as she heard some girls screaming out of fear, she turned to her left and saw Jooyoung collapsing on Jarim’s shoulder, and she couldn’t help but chuckle at how cute he looked right now. 

“What’s happening? A blackout? “. Byunghoon wondered. 

“What the hell is happening? “. Minji cried out in fear as she looked up, hoping the lights would come out. The lights came back and Kyungmi turned to her right to see if Kyungwoo was okay. She frowned when he wasn’t there and looked up to see him curled between some guys from their class near the door. 

“Yah Lee Kaeng, what are you doing? “. Kyungmi asked him. He looked up at her before pretending to play Mandu, a game of guessing the number of fingers open, along with the guys. 

“Mandu, mandu, mandu, mandu, five! “. Kyungmi chuckled as she shook her head in amusement. 

“Gosh, look at him flipping out “. Kyungmin sighed. 

“Yah, come back here “. Kyungmi motioned for her boyfriend to come. He slowly came to her and sat down next to her. “Did you get scared? “. 

“N-No! “. He denied it. “I just wanted to play Mandu with those guys “. He replied. 

“Ah~ I see “. She nodded in understanding with a smile of knowledge as she linked arms with him. “Don’t worry, nothing will happen “. She assured her as she patted his head. He scoffed at her but still smiled, now feeling calm that she was here with him. Minji looked at them with envious eyes before focusing her gaze on somewhere. 

“Yah, did you guys hear? “. Jinhee came with an expression of annoyance. 

“Hear what? “. Minji asked. 

“All first-years are having after-class study today “. 

“What? “. Kyungmi asked her with disbelief. “Why all of a sudden? “. 

“Someone cheated on the math performance test and Dokgo Moon threw a fit “. Jinhee explained. “So all first years are getting a re-test “. She finished. Kyungmi sighed as she ruffled her hair in frustration. 

“The heck…”. Jarim whispered in anger. 

“Wow, he’s gone nuts “. Minji commented. “Why are we also retaking it? “. 

“In case there’s someone else who cheated. I’m so mad “. Jinhee sighed with annoyance. 

“You tell me “. Kyungmi exhaled. “I had a hard time taking today’s test and you want me to re-take another exam of hell? Gosh….”. 

“Not just that. He said he’ll supervise each test, so every class will take it one after the other “. Jinhee told them. 

“Will our class take it first, then? “. Jooyoung asked. 

“They said they’re starting with the top floor “. Jinhee replied and frowned when she realized something. “Then we’re the last...What are we going to do until then, seriously? “. 

 

Kyungmi wondered the same as she rubbed her face in tiredness. She was already hoping to go home and play some games with her new Playstation. “I guess I will have to wait then….”. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

As it was said, the first-years took the Math test, starting with the top floor. Kyungmi’s class was the last to take it and everyone kept complaining about it. Kyungmi was checking her nails when she heard the commotion from other students as they saw the lights of the corridor going off. 

 

“Quiet, quiet! “. The teacher told them. “You’re all grown-up. Why are you making a fuss over this? “. He said as he began walking to the front. Kyungmi sighed out of boredness as she wondered when they would take the test. 

“Yah “. She turned around to see Kyungwoo staring at her while resting his head on his crossed arms. “Just close your eyes for a moment and rest “. He whispered. 

“Should I? “. She arched an eyebrow as he nodded in response. She crossed her arms, resting them on the surface of the desk before putting her chin over them. She was about to close her eyes when she heard her teacher screaming and looked up to see her homeroom teacher with Mr. Dokgo Moon, both of them looking quite frightened at each other. She sighed as she sat up straight and rubbed her eyes. “I guess there is no time to rest….”.  

“Gosh. What are you doing? “. Dokgo Moon asked. 

“That’s what I want to ask “. Mr. Jo said. “Why are you here? “. 

“Well, I just….I came because it’s Class 3’s turn to take the test “. Dokgo Moon explained. Mr. Jo chuckled in embarrassment as he motioned the other teacher to get in. 

“Right, go ahead “. 

“Right “. Dokgo Moon nodded as he stepped into the classroom and stood up in front of the podium. “All the questions are different from the other class’s tests. So what you were told by the kids who took it first is no use “. He said as he began passing the papers. 

 

The test ended and everyone except the crew was dismissed from the classroom. Kyungmi was packing her things while Kyungwoo was waiting for her by playing with his phone. She chuckled when she heard Jinhee saying that she flunked her test. Kyungmi felt relieved that this second test was much easier than the first one. She jumped a little when she heard Jarim squealing in horror. 

“You scared me! “. Jarim exclaimed. 

“Ja Dim, Ja Dim! Did you do well? “. Jooyoung asked in a cute tone. “It’s super dangerous outside. Let’s go now. Dangerous, dangerous “. 

“We’ve never been in school this late before “. Jinhee said as she walked closer to the girls. “I somehow feel like doing a courage test “. 

“Yah, want to do one? “. Ahram asked her. 

“You’re in? I’m in “. Jinhee agreed. 

“How do you do it? “. Minji asked. 

“Like they do on TV- having to bring back a hidden object “. Jinhee told her. 

“What do you get from doing that? “. Kyungwoo retorted as he looked at her.

“What about we all bet one thousand won and one person gets it all? “. Jinhee suggested. 

“It’s freaking not worth it “. Kyungwoo scoffed as he went back to playing his game. Kyungmi then stood up as she walked toward them. 

“Why? I think it’s going to be fun “. She replied. “I’m in “. She smiled at Jinhee and Ahram. 

“Kyung~ “. Kyungwoo whined. 

“Why? Are you scared? “. Jinhee provoked him. “If you aren’t, it’s easy money “. 

“What a chicken jerk “. Ahram told him while clicking her tongue multiple times. 

“Okay, let’s do it “. He agreed as he felt annoyed by their insults. 

“Will you be okay? “. Kyungmi blinked at him. “It’s okay if you just wait here “. 

“I will be fine “. He assured her as he glared at Ahram. 

“What do we have to get back, and from where? “. Minji asked. 

“Let’s do the music room “. Byunghoon suggested. “That room is the scariest for me, because of the piano ghost’s story “. 

“Why the heck are you mentioning a piano ghost? Do you have a death wish? “. Kyungmin lifted his fist while glaring at him with annoyance. 

“Mmm~ Good idea. Then we’ll decide on the order by rock paper scissors “. Jinhee said. “Let’s go by teams of two and three. Since we have an odd number of members “. 

“Teams of two? “. Jooyoung blinked at her and he lightly smirked, liking the idea. “Okay. This is one team “. Jooyoung said as he bent down and linked arms with Jarim. 

“What are you saying? “. Ahram looked at him with disbelief. “Let’s play the hand-flipping game, to be fair “. 

“Yah, we’re obviously one team since we’re a couple “. Jooyoung retorted. “And I assume Kyungmi would team with Kyungwoo “. 

“Yah, going with couples won’t be fun at all “. Kyungmi shook her head. “Let’s play the game. Palm up, palm down! “. She exclaimed as everyone followed in the game. 

“Up! “. Ahram said. 

 

The game ended, with the first team being Jinhee with Kyungmin; the second team was Kyungmi and Kyungwoo, the third team was Minji and Jooyoung; the last team was Ahram, Jarim, and Byunghoon. Kyungmi sighed as she looked at everyone with her arms crossed. 

 

“Yah, although this team was made fairly by the game, shouldn’t I switch teams? How about if Jarim and I switch teams? “. 

“Just like you said, this was a decision made by a fair game “. Ahram smiled at her. 

“But still….wouldn’t that be unfair for Jooyoung who couldn’t end up with Jarim? “. Kyugmi pointed out. 

“It’s alright, they should be separated for a moment “. Jinhee assured her. “Plus, you guys are recently dating so we will just let you be “. She winked at her and Kyungmi shook her head in disbelief. 

“Yah, do you really hate being teamed with your boyfriend? “. Kyungwoo looked mad at her. 

“I mean….I think it would be fair if we play with no couples “. Kyungmi explained. 

“Well ... .Jinhee is right “. Kyungwoo said. “I guess we need more time to get closer as a couple. Just wait, I will show you a brave side this time “. Kyungmi forced a smile before nodding in understanding. 

“I will anticipate it “. 

“Does this make any sense? “. Jooyoung whined. “Exchange with Jarim, please “. He begged at Minji. 

“Yah, let’s go like this. Minji also has a boyfriend “. Ahram told him. 

“That’s right. Aside from the Kyung couple, this is the most peaceful way “. Jinhee replied. “I’ll go first and hide it “. She then took her pencil case and showed it to them. “You will just have to bring this back. Okay? “. She then stood up and looked at Kyungmin shaking in fear like a maraca. “Yah, come “. 

“Huh? Oh ....”. He stood up as well and followed her behind as Jooyoung went to close the door. Kyungmi hummed and looked back to see Kyungwoo leaning his head against her shoulder while grabbing her hand, possibly trying to look for comfort before their turn. She smiled and patted his head to assure him that everything is going to be okay. Minji stared at them with jealousy, feeling annoyed that she couldn’t end up in the same team as Kyungwoo. 

“Yah “. Ahram called her. “I thought you had made up your mind “. Minji exhaled through her nose as she didn’t reply to her and looked back at the couple with envy. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Jinhee and Kyungmin came back and the next team walked out of the classroom. 

 

“I left the pencil case, so next team, go! “. Jinhee said as she pressed the timer on her phone before closing the door. 

 

Kyungmi sighed as she turned to Kyungwoo, who looked a little frightened. He cleared his throat before telling her. 

 

“Since it turned out like this, let’s empty their wallets “. He held out his hand for a high five.

“Sure “.  She gave a high five back before saying. “Just don’t faint, just like you almost fainted at that zombie experience in Lotte World “. 

“Tsk, when did I? “. 

“Forget it and let’s get going “. Kyungmi suggested as she began walking, leaving him behind as he followed her like a puppy following its master. Kyungwoo turned around to see the crew coming out of the classroom and he felt his heart accelerating fast because of fear. Then the crew went back to the classroom and turned the lights off. 

“Yah, wait, wait! “. He then bumped into her from behind. 

“What are you doing? “. Kyungmi stood still as she turned to him. 

“Huh? Oh….I’m protecting you “. He responded to her, and she arched an eyebrow in confusion. 

“Don’t people usually protect from the front? I’ve never seen anyone do it from behind “. 

“Well, you’re seeing it now. Me protecting from behind “. He said as he looked back in case something jumped in. Kyungmi sighed before holding her hand out. 

“Give me your hand “. 

“Huh? “. Kyungwoo looked at her with confusion and fear. 

“I said give me your hand “. He glanced at her before slowly reaching for her hand when she grabbed his and squeezed it tightly. “I will guide you so don’t walk behind me, you are being quite a disturb “. 

“Tsk “. Kyungwoo scoffed in disbelief but he was calmer than before thanks to her ways to comfort him. 

“Come on, let’s go “. She said as she began pulling him along with her so they could walk together to the music room. They arrived there as Kyungmi opened the door and stepped in along with Kyungwoo. She then released his hand so she could find Jinhee’s pencil case while he waited near the door. 

“Darn, it’s super dark in here. Can you see anything? “. Kyungwoo asked as he slowly walked closer to her. 

“Yeah, I found Jinhee’s pencil case “. Kyungmi said after spotting it on the piano’s surface. She grabbed it before exchanging it with hers.  

“Okay, let’s hurry up and leave “. He suggested. They were walking out when Kyungwoo accidentally stepped on the plate of a drum, startling her as well. “Sorry “. He told her and she sighed with relief. Then an idea came to her mind as she remembered Byunghoon mentioning a ghost playing the piano. She smirked at the idea before turning to Kyungwoo. 

“Yah, want to hide and scare the others? “. 

“What? “. Kyungwoo blinked with surprise at her sudden suggestion. “You like this stuff? “. 

“I thought it’s going to be fun and memorable “. Kyungmi said as she closed the door and walked toward the piano. “Remember the story of the piano ghost Byunghoon told us about? “. She asked as she sat down on the floor behind the piano he followed her as well. 

“So, are you going to pretend to be the piano ghost? “. 

“Bingo “. She chuckled as she looked at the front. “If we stay here, the rest will suspect that something happened to us so they will come here to look for us and when they come here, we will play the piano “. 

“Wow….I didn’t know you were this scary….”. Kyungwoo scoffed as he shook his head. 

“Glad that you know “. She chuckled. “So if we get into a fight, be prepared “. She warned him. 

“Don’t worry “. He scoffed. “I will make sure it never happens “. 

“I would like to see you try that “. She smirked as she waited for the next group to come. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

More than three minutes had passed and the couple didn’t return, making the rest of the crew getting worried about them. 

 

“They should be back by now “. Jinhee commented. 

“Don’t you think something happened to them? “. Jooyoung asked with concern and fear at the same time. By each time it passed, he was feeling scared of the dark so he stood up to turn the lights on but even if he changed the switch multiple times, they wouldn't turn on. “What's this? A blackout? “. Jooyoung cursed under his breath. “Aish, the lights don’t even work. They must be scared “. 

“Yah, I will go and find them “. Jarim suggested. “I’m worried about Kyungmi “. 

“Wait, Jarim-ah “. Jooyoung stopped her from going. “You stay here, I will go. It will be dangerous if you go outside “. 

“Dangerous, my “. She scoffed. “Are you sure you will be able to go find them? “. 

“O-Of course! “. He nervously laughed as he assured her. “I will be going then! “. Jooyoung said before walking out of the classroom. 

“Minji, go with him! “. Jinhee exclaimed. 

“Damn it! Gong Jooyoung, we should go together! “. She cried out in annoyance as he followed him, but halted when she saw him petrified as he stared at the corridor. Both of them were so scared to even move an inch of their bodies. They looked at each other, wondering what to do when Jooyoung suggested to her. 

“Want to go together? “. Minji softly exhaled as she and Jooyoung began walking forward in small steps. They got startled after looking back, feeling scared that something might have popped out behind them. “Gosh, that startled me. What's wrong? “. He cried out. “Why is it so dark? The music room. It was in the music room, right? “. He sang the last sentence, as a way to make him feel less scared. 

“Should I have gone home instead? It’s much darker than I thought “. Minji cried out as she was on the verge of crying right there. 

“The music room….”. Jooyoung sang again but Minji hit his throat to shut him up. 

“Be quiet! Your voice is even scarier! “. 

 

Then they heard the sound of the piano, and they jumped with fear. 

 

“What’s that? “. Jooyoung exclaimed. 

“Damn it! “. Minji shouted at him. 

“There was a piano sound! “. He explained. 

“What sound? I didn’t hear anything! “. 

“Am I the only one who heard it? Gosh...wait a minute “. Jooyoung said as he remembered the story Byunghoon told them a while ago. “Don’t tell me….”. 

 

Meanwhile, in the music room, Kyungmi and Kyungwoo were hiding their laughter as they waited for the team to come. The latter silently chuckled after hearing Jooyoung’s screams of fear and unconsciously turned around to face Kyungmi, who had her gaze focused on the front. He suddenly felt nervous by how close their faces were and he got the urge to kiss her. It’s been something he has been wanting to do but he was afraid to scare her if he escalated things fast. Noticing how stiff he turned, she turned around with a slight smirk. 

 

“What is it? Are you scared? “. 

“No, I’m not “. He told her. “Just...can you just move a little away- “. She cut him off by putting her hand over his mouth to shut him up. That gesture made his heartbeat like crazy and he felt his cheeks getting warmer. Then they heard the door opening as Jooyoung and Minji slowly stepped into the music room. 

 

“Wait, why are you pushing me? “. Jooyoung whined as he looked around the darkroom. “Hello? Choi Kyungmi, Lee Kyungwoo, are you guys here? “. His voice trembled in fear as he was almost in the state of crying. “You guys are the ones who played the piano, right? “. 

“I don’t think they’re here “. Minji pointed out as she looked around but she couldn’t find them. As they got closer, Kyungmi pressed a keyboard of the piano, with Jooyoung and Minji freezing on their spots. 

“I told you! “. Jooyoung said while looking at Minji. Both of them decided to bend down to see if they were hiding behind the piano when Kyungmi pressed different keyboards, making the team scream in horror as Jooyoung escaped, leaving Minji behind.

“That was damn funny “. Kyungwoo laughed as he and Kyungmi stood up and walked out of their hideout. 

“It was “. Kyungmi chuckled as she punched her legs, feeling them numb from bending down in the same position for a long time. “My legs are falling asleep. Let's go “. She suggested as she began to walk when she almost tripped if it weren’t for Kyungwoo to grab her on time. “Thank you “. She told him as they slowly began to walk toward the door. 

“Are you okay? “. He asked her as he grabbed her arm. Little they did know that Minji was there looking at them. 

“I’m fine “. She assured him. Kyungwoo looked at her struggling to walk and wondered if it was the right time to do this. “Aish….I don’t know “. He thought as he made her turn around, facing each other as their faces were a few inches closer. Kyungmi softly gasped when both tips of their noses were touching and nervously gulped because of the sudden approximation. “Yah….what are you doing? “. She whispered at him. 

“Can you...close your eyes? “. He softly asked, already nervous to be this close to her. “I...want to do something….”. Kyungmi blinked in confusion at him until she realized what he was referring to and her cheeks got warmer with the thought. Clearing , she closed her eyes and waited for him to do it. Slowly, he leaned his head down, his face approaching hers until he closed his eyes when his lips made contact with hers. Kyungmi flinched at the feeling and jumped in her spot but Kyungwoo steadied her by gently grabbing her forearms. The kiss was innocent and sweet, unlike what she expected would happen. “Oh my gosh! I’m having my first kiss with Lee Kyungwoo! I guess I saved the country in my past! “. She squealed in her mind and clenched her fists tightly as she felt quite shy for being inexperienced in this unlike him, who was already used to this type of skinship. She slowly opened her eyes when didn’t feel his lips on hers and blinked before setting her gaze on him, who was also looking at her with his intense gaze. She realized they just kissed and her face turned so red like a tomato that she hid her face on his chest. He couldn’t help but chuckle as he caressed the back of her head to comfort her embarrassment. 

“Why are you hiding? “. He asked her as she leaned back with her hands covering her cheeks. 

“I’m just embarrassed...it was my first kiss...and I felt so inexperienced…”. 

“I wasn’t so bad. I….liked it “. He confessed. She looked at him with surprise at the confession and noticed his ears getting red. “It was...cute “. Kyungmi couldn’t help but chuckle at how cute he looked when he was shy. 

“What's that? “. She softly beamed as she gently punched his chest while he was wrapping his arms around her. He then looked up and slightly frowned when he saw Minji looking at them with hurt. 

“What are you doing there? “. He asked, making Kyungmi tilt her head to the side in confusion. She turned around and her eyes widened a little when she faced Minji. “Oh my God! Did she witness us kissing? How am I going to face her now?! “. 

“Minji-ah….”. Kyungmi softly called her but she turned around and already left. Kyungmi softly exhaled as she looked down at the ground with guilt consuming her. “I’m sorry Minji….I didn’t mean you to witness this….”. 

“Yah, we should get going “. Kyungwoo suggested as he grabbed her hand. 

“Oh…”. She nodded in agreement as she allowed him to guide her back to the classroom. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Back in the classroom, Jooyoung was babbling in fear about the horrific experience he went through just now. 

 

“I went to the music room, you see? There was no one, for sure! But the piano went ‘ding’- “. He screamed when the door opened, revealing Kyungmi and Kyungwoo already stepping into the classroom. 

“Kyungmi-ah “. Jarim walked closer to her when she noticed her friend staggering. “Where have you been? Are you okay? “. 

“Oh? “. Kyungmi blinked before flashing her a smile of assurance. “I’m fine. It’s just….I tripped when I needed to go to the bathroom “. She lied. 

“You should have been more careful “. Jarim nagged at her with a frown of concern. 

“Sorry….”. Kyungmi said as she glanced at Kyungwoo, who was smirking at her, finding her lie funny. 

“But what about Minji? “. Jinhee asked. 

“Huh? Didn’t she come back here? “. Kyungmi looked at them with confusion. 

“What the heck, Gong Jooyoung? “. Jinhee glared at Jooyoung with slight anger. 

“I ran away on my own, so I don’t know “. Jooyoung tried to explain. 

“Yah, you darned chicken! It’s dangerous to leave her alone! “. Ahram shouted as she pushed Jooyoung away before heading out of the classroom to find her friend. 

“Ahram, let’s look together! “. Jinhee exclaimed as she followed her. 

“Where were you two? You were outside, I’m sure “. Byunghoon looked at Kyungmi and Kyungwoo with accusing eyes. The former looked away as she cleared while combing some of her locks behind her ear. 

“We should have bet ten thousand won. Those punks- “. Kyungmin glared at the couple but got intimidated by Kyungwoo’s glare at him. “I mean, those guys. They don’t get into it because it’s just for one thousand won “. Kyungmi scoffed and shook her head in disbelief. She didn’t mind the money though, because at least, she got something better than that. She looked up to see her boyfriend already looking at her, with his gaze telling her that he knew what he was thinking, which made them smile as they held their hands tighter than before.

 

On the other hand, Minji was sitting on a desk in another classroom while resting her head over her crossed arms while replaying the scene of the couple’s kiss in her mind. She then remembered how hard she played the hand-flipping game so she could be paired up with Kyungwoo, feeling ashamed for trying so hard to be with someone she knew she shouldn’t interfere with. “Am I really nothing to him? It's annoying. What’s so great about him? “. She then remembered the time Kyungwoo saved her from falling in the water at the retreat, and that time he apologized to her with a beverage for comparing her with Jarim. She also remembered the times that he put an iron wall at her, trying to set her up with Sanghoon, and those moments when he would leave her to be with Kyungmi. “So annoying “. She thought but froze when she heard the sound of something falling, feeling scared and hoping that at least, Kyungwoo would come to look for her. The door opened, and she felt disappointed when she saw Ahram and Jinhee standing at the door with gazes of relief. “What’s even more annoying is that I still wished you were the one to come find me….I’m annoyed at myself the most “. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Kyungmi and Kyungwoo walked toward Kyungmi’s apartment after separating from Jarim and Jooyoung, who headed to Jooyoung’s place since the latter was scared to go alone.

The couple arrived at the front of the building and Kyungmi turned around to face him with a soft smile. 

 

“I had fun today….although you were a little coward “. She joked. 

“Who are you calling a coward? “. He frowned with a pout. “I was just pretending, okay? “. 

“Sure~ “. She hummed as she looked at him with the gaze of ‘I know you are a coward but I will pretend that you are not for your sake ‘. “It’s already late, go home now “. She told him as she pointed at the way of his house with her chin. “Your mother must be waiting “. 

“Can’t we stay like this for five more minutes? “. He asked in a pleading way. Kyungmi hummed as she wrinkled her nose before shaking her head. 

“It’s almost our curfew time “. 

“Jeez “. He sighed. “Just wait until we enter college, then we will stay out late on dates “. 

“Oh my “. She chuckled at his determination. “Do you think we will still be dating even while attending college? “. 

“You don’t want to? “. He blinked at her, almost at the edge of feeling betrayed that he was the only one thinking like that. She softened at his expression of disappointment and caressed the back of his hand. 

“Of course, I want to “. She mumbled at him. “But...who knows what will happen in the future? Maybe when we go to different colleges, we would create new friends and a new lifestyle and we might be busy focusing on our future….I’m afraid that one day, you will get tired of me and you will find someone better ....”. 

“Kyungmi….”. 

“It’s just an opinion, that’s all “. She assured him with a soft smile. He sighed before embracing her into his arms. 

“No matter what happens….it will always be you “. He whispered to her. “So don’t ever think of those stupid things of the future and let’s focus on the present, on us, okay? “. She softly chuckled and nodded as she wrapped her arms tightly around him. 

“I love you “. She confessed with a whisper as she leaned back to see him taken aback by her words and his ears turned red. It’s been no long since they started dating but she was saying those words already. Realizing what she had done, she gasped as her face flushed red as panicked, not knowing what to do. “S-Sorry! I guess I said it so hastily- “. She shut up when he pressed his lips on her, giving her a peck and she was left speechless at his gesture.

“Don’t need to say sorry “. He assured her. “I was just sad that you said it first before me “. 

“...what? “. Kyungmi blinked at him in confusion. 

“Aish….you should have waited a little longer, so I would say those words first “. 

“Yah “. She frowned in annoyance before punching him in the arm. “You scared me! I thought you got cold feet or something! “. 

“Sorry, I just love teasing you “. Kyungmi sighed as Kyungwoo tried to comfort her by patting her head. “I love you too, you fool “. She gaped at him as she felt her heart beating so fast. She hid her smile as she looked away from him. 

“You should go now. Rest well. I will see you tomorrow “. She said as she waved at him before turning around and heading toward the building. Kyungwoo chuckled at her reaction, finding it cute that she gets flustered every time he does something unexpected to her. Glancing at her one more time, he headed back to his house.