Chapter 7

Accidentally Changing The Story of a Web Drama

Back on Monday, Minji arrived at school, heading toward her classroom when she encountered Kyungwoo. Then she recalled the incident between her and Kyungmi and the scar she saw on Kyungwoo. Her thoughts vanished when she heard Kyungwoo scoffing at her. 

 

“Aren’t you on weekly duty? Why are you so late? “. 

“What? “. She looked startled for a moment before relaxing. “Yeah…”. 

“What are you doing? Hurry up inside “. He said as he made his way to the classroom. 

“Wait….”. 

“Hm? “. Kyungwoo turned around to face her. Minji mustered up her courage and apologized. 

“Sorry about yesterday “. 

“What are you talking about? “. 

“If not, then forget it “. She responded. Kyungwoo scoffed before leaving. He noticed that Kyungmi hadn't arrived yet, and he thought she was already here because he hadn't encountered her at the bus stop. 

“Where is she? “. He sighed as he took his phone out and dialed her number. After a few rings, she answered. 

“Oh “. She replied. 

“Yah, where are you? Classes are going to start soon “. 

“Ah ....sorry. I don’t think I will go to school today “.

“Why? “. He sounded concerned. “Did something happen? “. 

“No “. She chuckled in the other line. “Today is my dad’s memorial anniversary, so my mom and I decided to go visit him “. 

“Ah….I see “. He nodded in understanding. “Have a good time then. Let me know when you arrive home “. 

“Okay, talk to you later “. She said as he hung up with a sigh. 

I hope she doesn’t have a hard time being there...I don’t know how it feels like to lose someone, but I bet it hurts….”. He thought as he put his phone into the pockets of his pants and sat down on his desk. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

At the cemetery, Kyungmi and her mother arrived at Kyungmi’s father’s tomb. She was amazed how time flew by in a blink of an eye. She just couldn't believe it was already June when it was just a few days ago that she finished her exams. “That will mark three months since I came here....”. 

 

“Is it him? “. Kyungmi asked while holding a bouquet of daisies in her hands. 

“Hmm “. Her mother nodded in confirmation. “It's him “. Kyungmi smiled after seeing the picture of her father. 

“Indeed, he was handsome “. She complimented as she earned a rub on her arm from her mother. 

“Agreed “. Her mother chuckled. “And you almost resemble him in every single way “. Kyungmi exhaled through her nose as she put the bouquet over the tomb before staring at it with nostalgia. 

“It would have been nice to at least remember good memories about him...if it weren’t for that accident “. Kyungmi murmured.

“Honey….”. Her mother tried to comfort her by encircling an arm around her. Kyungmi forced a smile before facing her. 

“Don’t worry. I will work hard to bring those memories back “. Kyungmi said in an encouraging way as she lifted her fists up. Her mother chortled at her daughter’s attitude and patted her head with affection while nodding her head in understanding. 

“Alright. But I wouldn’t mind if you are not able to get your memories back “. Her mother replied. “As long as you are healthy and happy, I’m okay with it “. Kyungmi softened at her words before reaching an arm to encircle her as she hugged her to the side while staring back at her father’s tomb with a melancholic expression. 

I’m sorry for forgetting you...although I’m not your real daughter, I promise to take good care of mom, and I will become the best daughter you can be proud of. So please, take good care of me from up there and lead me to the right path for this insane world “. She thought as she stretched her lips into a soft smile as she looked up at the sky, wishing that her father would listen to her thoughts. 

 

After the visit, her mother suggested to her that she should take a day off to rest just for today, because she was worried about her appearance, noticing that she was pale and without energy after the visit. To be honest, it was because she stayed up all night playing video games, but she didn’t say anything about it. Kyungmi sighed as she laid on her bed to grab some sleep after sending her mother away for work. She was about to close her eyes when her phone vibrated and she grabbed to check the message. 

 

Ah Rong: Yah, Kyung~ Jarim and Jooyoung broke up. 

 

Her eyes widened and immediately sat up. She dialed Ahram’s number and waited for her to answer. 

 

“Oh “. She replied. 

“What do you mean they broke up? “. She asked. “Why all of a sudden? “. 

“Aish….”. Ahram sighed. “I know, right? I’m going crazy about it. According to Minji, they broke up because Jooyoung was trying to get into Jarim’s phone without her permission “. Kyungmi sighed as she rubbed her hair in frustration. “Way to go, Gong Jooyoung, you have stepped into the wrong side “. 

“So, that’s why….”. 

“Anyway, how was the visit to your dad? Are you coming back? “. She questioned. 

“It was okay “. Kyungmi nodded at the question. “And no, mom told me to take the day off to get some rest “. 

“Too bad, I was waiting for you so we could finish our choreography''. 

“Tomorrow, I promise “. Kyungmi replied. “Say the girls hi for me “. 

“In your name. I have to go “. Ahram told her. “Bye bye! “. And then hung up. Kyungmi sighed as she shook her head. “Right, around this time, Jooyoung would make a mistake to the point Jarim told him to break up, and then they will have a heated discussion

“Nevermind, I’m sure that they will solve it soon “. She mumbled as she laid back on her bed and fell asleep. 

 

.vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

At recess time, the boys accompanied a heartbroken Jooyoung to the snack bar. They sat down at a table while they stared at him trying to get drunk with energized drinks. 

 

“Yah, you nutcase “. Kyungwoo said as he grabbed Jooyoung’s wrist to stop him from pouring more of the drink into his cup. “Cut it out. You’ll get dizzy at this rate “. He warned him. 

“Let go! That’s what I want “. Jooyoung complained as he yanked his friend’s hand away before taking the cup to drink in one shot. 

“It’s my first time seeing someone trying to get drunk with caffeine “. Kyungmin scoffed in disbelief at the sight. “Just keep going crazy “. Then Jooyoung faked a cry as he wiped his non-existence tears with his arm. 

“It took me so much effort to date her….”. 

“She still hasn’t read his messages? “. Byunghoon asked Kyungwoo, with the latter just shrugging his shoulders while staring back at Jooyoung. Jooyoung stared at his cellphone with pity and when he saw there weren't any replies from Jarim, he began opening more cans to pour more on his cup when Kyungmin slapped the back of his head to make him come to his senses. 

“Yah, you idiot! Are you just going to wait for her messages all day? “. Kyungmin retorted. “Just go find her first! “. He sighed at how pitiful he looked. “Aigoo~ It’s like you only have fingers and no legs “. 

“But I’m scared to see her face “. Jooyoung confessed. 

“Eh? “. Kyungmin looked in disbelief at him before staring back at his friends while pointing at Jooyoung. “Is that really the punk that sang a confession song in front of the whole school? “. 

“Yah! “. Byunghoon frowned at him. “Why are you discouraging our Jooyoung? “. He demanded before looking at Jooyoung. “It’s alright, you’re okay “. 

 

Then, the boys saw Jarim, Minji, and Ahram getting into the snack bar. Kyungwoo gently slapped Jooyoung’s arm, a sign to tell him to go to her. 

“Yah, go and talk to her “. He insisted. “Whatever you want to say, say it to her face directly “. Jooyoung hummed as he grabbed the can of an empty drink and crushed it as he looked at the horizon with determination in his eyes. 

“Right. What did I even do that was so wrong? “. He mumbled to himself before standing and heading toward Jarim. “Yah, Wang Jarim! “. He called and became intimidated after she stared at him. Then he pointed his index finger at her like he was going to give her a warning. “You! “. Jarim frowned with confusion as he stared at him, waiting for him to respond. “Check your Kakao Talk “. He concluded as he turned around and walked away, slamming the door after he left. The boys shook their heads in disbelief and embarrassed at the scene while the girls looked at him as if he had gone crazy. Then Jooyoung returned to explain that it was the wind that closed the door that hard before gently closing the door and leaving again. 

 

“By the way, is Kyungmi coming back? “. Minji asked as she looked for a drink, with Kyungwoo overhearing their conversation at the mention of Kyungmi. 

“I talked to her and she told me she would stay at home for today. A request from her mom. She said she looked tired and with no energy “. Ahram explained, making him look in their direction with slightly widened eyes. “Is she not feeling okay? “. 

“Huh? But she was fine just yesterday “. Jarim responded as she frowned with concern. 

“She's fine “. Ahram chuckled. “Kyungmi told me it was because she stayed up all night playing video games “. At that, Kyungwoo sighed with relief as he released a scoff of disbelief along with a chuckle. 

“Ha~ I thought she was sick “. Minji sighed with relief. “Glad to know it wasn’t something serious “. 

“Yah, let’s get going. Classes will start soon “. Jarim suggested and the three girls left after paying for their food. Kyungwoo took his phone and opened his chatroom with Kyungmi to see if she was online. He was about to type, asking if she was okay. He halted when he realized what he was doing and sighed. “What am I thinking? Ahram said it wasn’t anything serious. Stop worrying about her “. He said in his mind as he deleted the message and put his phone to the side. 


 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

Kyungmi yawned in tiredness as she woke up from her nap. She didn’t realize it was already 6 pm, meaning she slept for more than 10 hours. “I can’t believe I slept that much….but again...I’ve been getting quite drowsy and tired nowadays. Might this be a side effect of the accident? “. She wondered. She came out of the bedroom and she was surprised when she saw her mother cooking dinner in the kitchen. 

 

“Mom? “. She called her as she walked toward her. “What are you doing here? I thought you would be back at 8 “. 

“Ah~ “. Her mother smiled at her. “I took the day off, remember? It was useless to go back to work after asking for a day off, so I decided to use the time to go get groceries and do some shopping too. I was planning to take you with me, but you seemed so tired so I just let you sleep “. 

“Yeah “. Kyungmi chuckled as she rubbed the back of her neck. “It’s kind of weird since it’s been going like that for days “. 

“Shouldn’t we go to the hospital? “. Her mother stopped chopping the vegetables as she looked up at her with concern in her eyes. 

“It’s nothing serious, so it’s okay “. She assured her. Then, the bell of their house rang. “Who can be? “. Kyungmi wondered as she walked toward the door. “Who is it? “. 

“It's me “. A male voice replied. Kyungmi’s eyes widened as she immediately knew who it was and hurriedly opened the door, startling a surprised Kyungwoo. 

“What are you doing here? “. Kyungmi loudly whispered to him. “And how did you know I was living here? “. 

“Wang Ja told me “. Kyungwoo told her like it was the obvious thing. “And I came to give you this “. He said as he pulled out a few papers from his backpack. “Homework “. Kyungmi sighed as she grabbed them and took a look. 

“You could have given them to me tomorrow, why bother coming here? “. She murmured. 

“Yah! Do you think I wanted to? “. He cleared his throat as he looked away. “Wang Ja told me to give it to you “. 

“Jarim really said that? “. Kyungmi blinked in confusion. “She’s not someone to ask a favor like that….”. 

“Honey, did someone come? “. Her mother asked as she came to her and was surprised to see Kyungwoo there. “Oh? A friend? “. Kyungwoo then fully faced her before giving a ninety-degree bow at her. 

“Hello, ma’am. I’m Lee Kyungwoo, Kyungmi’s friend and seatmate “. He introduced himself. 

“Oh~ so you must be the Kyungwoo my daughter always talks about “. Her mother commented. Kyungmi closed her eyes in embarrassment as Kyungwoo eyed her with a smirk of amusement. 

“Does she? “. He asked with a hint of teasing in his voice.

“Oh, don’t even mention it “. Her mother chuckled and then her eyes widened a little. “We are about to have dinner soon. If you are not busy, would you like to join us? “. Kyungwoo glanced at Kyungmi, who lightly shook her head in denial, telling him to reject the offer. The former quietly chortled before smiling at Kyungmi’s mother with a nod. 

“I would love to “. 

“Wonderful! “. Her mother clasped her hands together. “Come in! “. Kyungwoo flashed a smile at her before slightly pushing Kyungmi to the side so he could get in. Kyungmi heavily exhaled as she ruffled her hair in frustration before closing the door. 

 

Kyungmi poked her rice as she lightly glared at Kyungwoo, who was heartily enjoying the food Kyungmi’s mother made. 

 

“Aigoo~ At this point you will end up eating all of the side dishes “. Kyungmi retorted. 

“Those are really good “. He complimented as he pointed at the side dishes he liked the most. Kyungmi sighed as she saw how hurriedly he was eating before she took a piece of galbi and put it on his rice. 

“No one is going to steal it from you so eat slowly “. She told him as she went back to eating while he looked at her with a smile of gratitude. On the other hand, Kyungmi’s mother observed him with amusement and happiness by how well he was eating and how each of them was getting along. 

 

“Is the food to your liking? “. Her mother asked him. Kyungwoo stopped eating and cleaned his mouth with a napkin before smiling at her. 

“Yes, ma’am. It’s really delicious “. He complimented. 

“I’m relieved “. Her mother chuckled at his compliment. “You should take some home! “. 

“Oh, I’m fine! “. His eyes widened as he shook his hands to the sides. “I wouldn’t want to bother “. Kyungmi glanced at her mother and smiled at what she meant before looking at him. 

“Yah, just accept it “. She told him. “You won’t be able to get these exquisite side dishes nowhere “. 

“Look at this girl’s sweet tooth “. Her mother chuckled. “But she’s right. Don’t feel bothered and accept them “. She insisted. “I want to thank you for being a great friend to my Kyungmi and taking good care of her “. 

“It’s nothing “. Kyungwoo chortled as he looked at Kyungmi. “She’s someone I treasure the most, so of course, I should take care of her “. He confessed. Kyungmi stared at him with surprise as she felt her heart beating rather fast and hard after hearing his words. “What did he say….? “. “Yah, what’s wrong? “. He asked as he rested a hand over her shoulder while staring at her with confusion. “Why aren’t you breathing? “. 

“Huh? “. She blinked before she realized what he meant. “Ah….”. She said as she took a deep breath before exhaling. He chortled as he patted her back. Her mother saw that and snickered at how cute they looked together. 

“I’m so glad Kyungmi met a friend like you “. Her mother confessed. “I was always concerned about her school life after the accident...but I can rest assured that you will take good care of her with no worries “. Kyungmi’s eyes widened with panic at the mention of the accident and glanced at him for any reactions. As expected, he looked confused. 

“Accident? “. He asked as he blinked with confusion. Her mother’s smile fell a little as she glanced at her daughter with guilt. Kyungmi cleared before nervously laughing to distract him. 

“Yah, let’s eat. The food is going to get cold “. She told him as she began placing more food on his rice. He looked at her for answers but she avoided his gaze as she continued eating. She wasn’t ready to reveal anything about the accident to him yet. Luckily, Kyungwoo gave in and focused on eating for now. 


 

After dinner, Kyungwoo thanked Kyungmi’s mother for the food and for the side dishes she packed for him, telling her that he will eat well. Then both teenagers walked out of the building as they headed toward Kyungwoo’s home. 

 

“Your mom is a cool person. No wonder you wanted to give her a gift for her birthday “. 

“Yeah, she’s awesome “. She chuckled as she looked up at the night sky. 

“About what she said before during dinner…”. He carefully said as he looked at her. “About the accident…”. Kyungmi gulped as she laughed it off. 

“About that? It wasn’t a big accident “. She assured him. 

“It didn’t seem like that to me “. He glanced at her. “Is it an issue you can’t tell me? “. Kyungmi remained silent as they arrived at the front of his house. 

“Kyungwoo-ah…”. 

“It’s alright. No need to tell me “. He assured her with a smile. “I’m sure it’s something difficult to bring up “. 

“It is….”. She sighed. “I’m sorry….”. 

“For what? It’s your choice whether you want to tell me or not “. He said. “I’m not going to force you into telling me about it. You said it yourself before, that you can tell me about it when you feel comfortable “. She looked at him with confusion, but she then remembered those words she said when they were at the karaoke room and when he showed her the scar. She chuckled because of the memory and looked at him with gratitude. 

“Thank you for understanding “. She replied. Kyungwoo froze when he saw her smiling, and he could hear his heart beating like drums at a concert. He cleared his throat before lifting his chin to the front.

“It’s late, go home now “. She nodded in understanding before waving at him. 

“See you tomorrow “. She bid goodbye as she turned around and walked away. Kyungwoo watched her getting smaller and smaller by the distance and many thoughts were running in his mind. “What exactly happened….? Could it be the accident she mentioned at the retreat? “. He sighed as he glanced at Kyungmi’s building apartment one more time before getting back to his house.


 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Kyungmi arrived at school the next day and it seems Jarim hasn’t forgiven Jooyoung yet. 

 

“Yah, hasn't Jarim reconciled with Jooyoung yet? “. Kyungmi asked Kyungwoo as both of them were at the lockers, with the former leaning her back against them.  

“I wish I could say yes….”. He exhaled with tiredness. “This is more serious than expected….”. She thought with her arms crossed. She then looked up to see Jarim walking in the corridor. She tapped Kyungwoo’s shoulder, telling him to go talk to her about reconciliation with Jooyoung. Kyungwoo cleared his throat as he nodded in understanding before walking toward Jarim, with Kyungmi following him behind. 

“Yah, Wang Ja “. He called her and stood in front of her. “Honestly, Gong Jooyoung didn’t make that serious of a mistake, did he? “. He tried to reason with her. “Did you have to go as far as breaking up? “. 

“Then, you…”. Jarim started. “What would you do if he secretly accessed your game account and took all your equipment and money? “. Jarim asked. 

“I’d beat him up, of course! “. He immediately exclaimed, causing Kyungmi to roll her eyes with disbelief at his answer. 

“Exactly “. Jarim replied as she began walking away. 

“Ah, no wait! That’s not it! “. He said as he stopped her. “That’s for if he actually took them “. He explained. “Has Gong Jooyoung ever caused any harm to you? He didn’t “. 

“Is criminal attempt not a crime? “. Jarim asked. “Isn’t it common sense to get someone’s permission first before touching their stuff? “. 

“That’s true “. He mumbled as he nodded in agreement. 

“Are you Gong Jooyoung’s lawyer? “. She retorted. “If he has something to say, tell him to talk to me in person “. 

“Jarim-ah…”. Kyungmi called her as a way to try to convince her to forgive Jooyoung. 

“Don’t even try it “. Jarim sighed at her and looked back at Kyungwoo. “Also, is it your hobby to justify a guilty person’s behavior? “. Just then, Jooyoung came out of his classroom. 

“If I’m guilty, then you are too “. He said before taking a part of his school shirt out. “Guilty of the crime of theft for stealing my heart “. Then he began coming closer to her, pretending that she was stealing his heart. “Oh! You’re stealing it right now too! “. Kyungmi rolled her eyes as she shook her head with arms crossed. 

“You’re still able to make jokes right now? “. Jarim frowned in annoyance, causing him to stop with his joke. Jarim began walking away and he grabbed her wrist to stop her from leaving. 

“Sorry “. He apologized to her. Jarim said nothing as she looked at her wrist and he immediately loosened his grip around it. Jarim glared at him one more time before walking away from him. Kyungmi sighed before looking at Jooyoung with disappointment. 

“You are really a lost case “. She clucked her tongue before walking toward her classroom. Kyungwoo also sighed as he looked at his friend before following her as well. 


 

At the canteen, the four girls were having their lunch, with Kyungmi sitting on Jarim’s left side while Ahram and Minji sat across from them. Minji turned her head to her left side and sighed at the sight of Jooyoung holding posters saying: “I’ll self-reflect. let’s make up “ with his fists in the air. 

“Hey, just make up with him already “. She commented while looking at him with pity. “You can at least hear what he has to say “. 

“I don’t want to hear anything or say anything to him “. Jarim replied. “He’s the one who's at fault “. 

“That’s right “. Ahram nodded in agreement while eating. “Gong Jooyoung really was wrong. But you weren’t expecting that, were you? “. She asked like she was accusing her of actually doing this to finally break up with him. Jarim just stared at her. “Well, it doesn’t matter anyway “. Jarim sighed at the statement before standing up, taking her tray, and leaving. Kyungmi just watched Jarim leave at the same time Jooyoung went to follow her. She sighed as she shook her head and continued eating. “The next scene should be them fighting “. 

 

After school ended, the girls and the guys walked toward the exit of the school grounds. The atmosphere was so cold like ice that everyone was feeling awkward while giving glances between Jarim and Jooyoung, since they knew about the big fight they had through the gossip going around the school. Then Kyungmi broke the silence. 

“We said we would meet tomorrow. What time should we meet? “. She then nudged at Kyungwoo’s arm so he can play along. 

“Did we say that? “. 

“I’m not going “. Jarim immediately replied. 

“Me neither “. Jooyoung replied as well. 

“This is awkward. I hate this! “. Byunghoon cried out. 

“Then, perhaps we shouldn’t meet either? “. Minji suggested. 

“Sure “. Kyungwoo nodded in agreement. 

“Why not? Let’s just hang out ourselves “. Ahram protested. 

“Yeah, true, the survivors should keep on living, and the ones who can hang out should hang out “. Kyungmin reasoned. 

“It’s better if I’m not there, then “. Jooyoung said before running away. 

“I’ll also head off now “. Jarim replied before leaving as well. Everyone sighed. 

“What should we do about them? “. Minji pouted by this heartbroken sight. 

“I don’t know. I can’t get involved in this anymore “. Kyungwoo gave up. 

“I’m sure they’ll handle it themselves “. Ahram said. Kyungmi hopes they will resolve this soon. 

“So, what time are we meeting tomorrow? “. Kyungmin suddenly asked then received a slap at the back of his neck Kyungwoo. 

“Can you not read your surroundings? “. He sighed as he and the rest walked away. 

 

After separating to go to their respective houses, Kyungwoo and Kyungmi walked together since they live in the same neighborhood. 

 

Kyungmi saw Kyungwoo’s conflicted expression and tried to cheer him up. 

 

“Don’t worry, I’m sure they will be able to solve it “. She said. He hummed with a small smile and nodded in agreement. 

“It’s just that Jooyoung’s mood changes so easily so I’m worried that he gets too depressed “. 

“How about if you go visit him? “. 

“No, it’s better if he’s alone. Nothing will change if I go to him “. 

“True “. She nodded in understanding. She frowned a little when she sensed something behind her and turned around to find nothing, or no one. 

“What’s wrong? “. He asked when he saw her halting while looking behind. 

“Huh? “. Kyungmi looked at him before looking back behind. “I thought I saw someone….”. She murmured as she looked at both sides of the street. Kyungwoo followed her gaze but he couldn’t find anyone there. 

“Are you sure? “. He asked. 

“I guess I was wrong….”. She hummed as she turned to him with a smile of assurance. “Nevermind. Let’s get going “. She said as she grabbed his arm to pull him along. Kyungwoo glanced behind one more time before focusing his view to the front. Little did they know that someone came out from the alley as that person intensively stared at the pair. They arrived at the front of her apartment and she turned around to bid him goodbye. “See you tomorrow then “. 

“Kyungmi-ah “. Kyungwoo called her before she could leave. 

“Hm? “. She waited for him to speak. Kyungwoo just smiled and shook his head. 

“Nothing, see you tomorrow “. 

“Tsk, okay “. She chuckled before waving at him and walking away. Kyungwoo sighed and ruffled his hair. 

Yeah, she’s just a reliable friend, nothing more than that. Plus, I bet she has an interest in someone else….”. He glanced at Kyungmi one more time before heading to his house. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Classes came to an end and everyone began heading home. Again, Jarim and Jooyoung headed home first, so each group decided to visit them, the girls to Jarim and the boys to Jooyoung. 

 

“We’re not going to have fun today “. Kyungwoo told Minji, when he noticed the girls following them. 

“We’re not going for fun, either “. Ahram retorted as she tightened the grip around Kyungmi’s arm. 

“We’re going to Wang Jarim’s place “. Minji explained. 

“We’re going to Jooyoung’s. He went home first again “. Byunghoon pouted. “We figured he shouldn’t be alone “. 

“We thought we should speak to Jarim, too “. Minji said. 

“Aish….why did those two have to fight and make things difficult for all of us? “. Kyungmin complained. 

“Let's go “. Kyungwoo sighed as the six of them headed toward their destinations. As they almost arrived at Jarim’s building, they halted when they spotted Jarim and Jooyoung talking. They hid behind the large wall of bricks, with Kyungwoo grabbing Kyungmi’s shoulders to steady her. That gesture made her heart pump like crazy and she was afraid that he might hear it. “Yah, my heart! Stop pumping so hard like that! You want to make me the laugh of the day? “. She mentally cursed as she held her breath when she felt how close his face was to hers as he was focused on the scene of the couple. 

 

“I wasn’t serious when I said I hated you “. Jarim confessed. “Keep your head down “. She told him for a second time. “I don’t really hate you. I wasn’t messing with you, either “. She sighed as she passed her fingers through her short hair. “I just don’t really know, either “. Then she glanced at Jooyoung. “I’ll go “. As she was walking away, Joooyoung suddenly stood up and grabbed her wrist. “Hey, why are you crying? “. Jarim panicked when she saw Jooyoung’s teary eyes. 

“I thought you would never see me again “. He confessed. 

“That was my original plan, but we go to the same school and live near each other. So that’s how it turns out “. Jooyoung softly smiled at her words. 

“Then, are we dating again? “. He looked at her with hope. Jarim took a moment to think about it before replying. 

“I guess “. Jooyoung grinned and let go of Jarim’s wrist. 

“Jarim-ah, I really like you “. 

“I know “. 

“What about you? “. She didn’t reply as she was uncomfortable with the question. Jooyoung understood and nodded. “Okay. I’ll wait until you like me back “. 

“Do whatever you want. Now I really have to go to the market “. She said before walking away. 

“Wait for me “. 

“Why would I? “. 

“The way to the supermarket is dangerous “. He said. “Okay, from now on I really won’t do anything you dislike “. He said as he linked arms with her. 

“I don’t like this stuff “. She replied as she yanked her arm away from his.

“Can’t you reconsider linking arms? “. 

“Why don’t you just grab my collar? “. 

 

Then Kyungmi and the rest of the group stuck their heads out of the wall as they watched the scene of Jarim and Jooyoung walking together before stepping out of there. 

 

“They’re practically filming a drama together “. Kyungwoo scoffed in disbelief. 

“Why are we here? “. Minji asked as Ahram leaned her head against Minji’s shoulder. 

“He’s not worth worrying over “. Kyungmin sighed. 

“Anyhow, it’s good that it went well “. Byunghoon smiled and everyone couldn’t agree more. 

“I’m hungry. They’re going to the supermarket, right? “. Ahram asked as she began heading there. 

“Hey, hey! “. Kyungmi and Kyungwoo grabbed her backpack and pulled her back so she wouldn't go there. 

“Let’s go “. Ahram insisted. 

“Go where? “. Kyungmi sighed as she used her strength to pull her back with the help of Minji and Kyungmin. 

“I don’t care, let’s just go “. 

“Yah, yah! “. Everyone then joined her to stop her.