Chapter 21

Accidentally Changing The Story of a Web Drama

Days passed as fall approached, meaning October was around the corner. The school period ended and it was time for everyone to go home. Kyungmi decided to accompany Kyungwoo and Kyungmin to go find Byunghoon for him to join them for a round of games. They arrived at Class 2 and spotted Byunghoon getting ready to leave. 

 

“We’ve got exams next week, so in preparation for that...we should go to the internet cafe, right? “. Kyungmin said as he sat down on a desk while staring at Byunghoon. Kyungmi chuckled in disbelief as she shook her head with her arms crossed at Kyungmin’s suggestion.  

“Yah, what about Gong Joo? “. Kyungwoo asked as he noticed his friend wasn’t there. 

“I don’t know. You guys go, I have to study “. Byunghoon said with a tone of sadness as he packed his stuff in his backpack. Kyungmi frowned at him with confusion since she knew that Byunghoon would never reject going to the internet cafe unless he didn’t have money. 

“Sh*t. You don’t have money? “. Kyungmin tried to guess. “Let yourself be treated! “. He said as he took Kyungwoo’s wallet out from the pocket of his friend’s pants. “By Kyungwoo “. 

“Crazy fool “. Kyungwoo sighed as he snapped his wallet away from Kyungmin. 

“No, I really have to study “. Byunghoon insisted. “If I don’t raise my grades this term, my mom said she will throw away my computer at home “. 

“Idiot, do you believe that? “. Kyungmin asked as he crossed his arms. “My mom always says that but she never does it because it would be wasteful “. 

“Yeah, I don’t think your mom was serious about it “. Kyungmi said as she tried to cheer him up. 

“You don’t know my mom “. Byunghoon told them as he stared at them. “When my father was crazy about fishing, she said she would throw it away if he ever went again “. 

“The fishing gear? “. Kyungmin tried to guess. Then Byunghoon turned to him with fear in his eyes. 

“She threw Dad in the ocean “. He said, causing them to stand frozen in their spots. 

“Ouch….”. She mumbled as she felt it was hard to believe that story. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

In the end, no one went to the internet cafe since Kyungmi decided to go study for the upcoming midterms, and of course, Kyungwoo decided to accompany her. They went to a coffee shop Kyungwoo found on the internet which had good reviews. There, they ordered their drinks and some desserts while they start with their studies….well, more like Kyungmi studying while Kyungwoo just having a chill beside her. 

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to study? “. Kyungmi asked as she looked up at him from her notes. “You did quite well last time “. 

“And have you nagged at me for not understanding? “. He scoffed as he shook his head while he focused on a game on his phone. “No, thanks “. 

“Tsk, I wasn’t that bad at teaching….”. She mumbled as she scratched her chin with her fingers before going back to focus on her studies. “Besides, you said your mom was happy when she heard about your improvement in grades “. 

“Well…..that’s true “. Kyungwoo thought for a moment before nodding in agreement. “But I really don’t want to study today “. He shook his head at the thought before smiling at her. “Just for today “. 

“Okay….”. She sighed while shaking her head in disbelief. Then, something came to Kyungwoo’s mind, and paused his game. 

“Yah “. He looked at her. “Is it okay for you if I tell my mom about us? “. Kyungmi looked at him before nodding in response. 

“Sure “. She agreed as she focused back on her studies. “I already told my mom about us “. 

“What? “. He looked at her with surprise. Kyungmi realized what she said and then looked at him with guilt. 

“Ah….wasn’t I supposed to say it, right? “. 

“No….it’s fine “. Kyungwoo shook his head in denial. “I just thought….you wouldn’t want to tell anyone, including your mother “. 

“Well….”. She looked up to think. “I was at first….but then my mom doesn’t have anyone to tell about us so….I was also thinking about telling this to Seri and Yuri as well since they don’t have any friends in common with me “. 

“Oh “. He nodded in understanding as she had a point. “Now that I think about it, that will do “. He agreed. “Alright, I should tell my mom so I can present you to her “. 

“Yah, she already knows me so why bother doing that? “. She chuckled. 

“I presented you to her as a friend “. He pointed out. “This time I should present you as my girlfriend “. Kyungmi sighed in defeat as she nodded along. 

“Do as you wish “. She said before focusing back on her notes. Kyungwoo smiled in happiness and went back to playing his game. Then Kyungwoo thought about something else and paused his game again before looking at her. 

“Yah “. He called her as she hummed in response with her eyes on her notes. “How about if we go on a date tomorrow? “. 

“What are you saying? “. She slightly frowned at his proposition as she looked at him. “We have exams week, are you crazy? “. 

“Oh, come on~ “. He pleaded with a small pout. “You said you wanted to date in secret without anyone seeing us. This is the perfect time to go out since everyone will be busy studying “. 

“You….have a point “. Kyungmi nodded in agreement. 

“Plus, you are smart. A day won’t make you fail in the exams, right? “. Kyungmi sighed as she put her pen down before crossing her arms. 

“You really want to go out? “. She asked for confirmation as he nodded. “Alright, let’s go out tomorrow “. She agreed and he beamed in happiness. “Then, where will we go? “. 

“Just come out and dress nicely “. He said no more and went back to his game, making her curious about what they will do tomorrow. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

The next day, Kyungmi wore a comfy light blue dress with short sleeves. She decided to curl the locks of her hair a little and put on some light make-up too. She then grabbed a white purse and made sure she had everything as she checked her looks and outfit in the mirror one more time. “I guess this is enough “. She nodded while looking at herself in the mirror before walking out of the bedroom. She headed toward the door to leave when she was in a dilemma about whether she should wear sandals with platforms or just her regular white sneakers. She remembered he said to wear nicely but she wanted to walk comfortably too. She sighed before she went for her usual white sneakers, and slipped on them before bidding goodbye to her mother as she left. She arrived at the first floor when the doors of the elevator opened and she walked out of there as she headed outside to see if Kyungwoo arrived. As expected, he was already waiting at the gates while looking at something on his cellphone. She walked toward him as she scanned his outfit, which was a simple light blue dress shirt with a pair of dark denim jeans and a pair of white sneakers. “What’s this? Do we have telepathy or something? Why does he have to dress with the same color as mine? “. She arrived there and smiled at him when he greeted her. She saw how intensely he was staring at her, making her feel shy all of sudden. 

“Ah~ you said to dress nicely so I tried my best “. She mumbled as she rubbed one lock of her hair. “Do I look weird? “. 

“Ah? “. Kyungwoo became flustered and shook his head. “No, you were always pretty, but today you look beautiful…”. He shut his mouth as he closed his eyes in embarrassment for talking too much, showing a new side of him. Kyungmi couldn’t help but chuckle at his cuteness as she thanked him for his compliment. 

“So…”. She cleared as she looked at him. “Where are we going today? “. 

“Just follow me and you will find out “. Kyungwoo told her as she nodded in understanding. She was about to walk when Kyungwoo slipped his hand over hers, intertwining them tightly. That gesture made her blush a little while her heart skipped a beat. “Is it okay to hold hands? “. He shyly asked as he cleared his throat. 

“S-Sure “. She nodded in affirmation as she looked away, feeling so shy next to him. 

“Let’s go then “. He suggested as he pulled her along so they could walk together. 

 

Their date started with watching a movie, not of horror this time, before he brought them to a Japanese restaurant he searched from reviews. 

 

“Yah, isn’t this place a little expensive? “. Kyungmi asked with concern. “You already paid for the tickets and snacks. Let’s pay half and half this time “. 

“It’s alright “. He assured her. “I want to be the one paying today “. 

“Still…”. She mumbled as she looked at the menu card with the prices. This place looked quite expensive. 

“I said I’m fine “. He chuckled, finding it cute that she was worrying about him. “Order whatever you want to eat “. Kyungmi smiled a little as she tried to look for a dish that was less expensive. In the end, they ordered a few nigiri with a pork cutlet to share. “Are you sure you will be okay with this? “. He asked after seeing the little amount of food they ordered.

“It's fine. Plus, you know I can’t eat that much “. She told him. “This should be fine “. She assured him as she looked around the place. “But this place looks so cool “. 

“It’s my first time coming here too “. He said. “I thought this place looked good because of the reviews “. 

“Good choice “. She nodded in agreement as she looked around with amusement. She heard her phone buzzing and grabbed it from the table before checking a message from Jooyoung. 

 

Gong Joo: Yah! Big news! Our Byunghoon is with a girl now! Come to XX Library ASAP

 

“Oh? Jooyoung told me to come to the library “. She tilted her head to the side. 

“You received a message from Gong Joo too? “. Kyungwoo looked at her while showing her his chat with Jooyoung. “Who would have imagined that jerk would be with a girl “. He chuckled at the irony. 

“I know, right? “. She chuckled as well. “By how Jooyoung is texting us to come, this must be something serious. Should we go too? “. 

“Forget it, we are on our first date “. Kyungwoo shook his head in refusal. “I’m not going to throw this chance just to witness that idiot seducing some girl “. He scoffed. 

“Alright “. She nodded in understanding while giggling at how childish he sounded a moment ago. “Although I’m curious about how this girl looks like to steal our Byunghoon’s heart “. She said as she rested her elbows on the table and clasped her hands together before resting her chin on them.

“Yah, just focus on your boyfriend, okay? “. He looked at him with an expression of jealousy. 

“Oh my, is perhaps Lee Kyungwoo jealous? “. 

“Stop saying nonsense “. He scoffed as he looked away and noticed his ears getting red out of embarrassment, making her laugh. 

“Alright, I won’t tease you anymore “. She said and saw the waiter coming with their food. “Oh! Food is here! “. 

“Are you Oh Ahram? Why get so excited about food? “. He scoffed with a smile. 

“Yah, it’s not every day that you get to eat this type of food! “. She reasoned as she pointed at the fresh nigiri accompanied with sashimi as well. “We have to enjoy them as much as we can “. 

“Aigoo~ “. He clucked his tongue as he shook his head. “Don’t worry, I will bring you here as much as you want “. He said as he took a piece of salmon nigiri with his chopsticks and placed it on Kyungmi’s plate. 

“Forget it “. She scoffed with a smile. “Too expensive for your budget. We can come here for special occasions “. 

“Special occasions? “. He wiggled his eyebrows as he gave her a mischievous smile. “Are you already thinking about our anniversaries? “. 

“Yah, stop saying nonsense and eat “. She said as she grabbed a piece of tuna sashimi and shoved it in his mouth to shut him up. 

“You forgot to add soy sauce….”. He mumbled between munches, making her glare at him as he laughed. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

After their lunch, they walked around the streets to look around at the stands with accessories, jewelry, and other products they were selling. Kyungwoo made sure to squeeze her hand tightly since the place was crowded and he was afraid to lose her between the ocean of people. Kyungmi felt thankful for his gesture as she hated being in crowded places and she wouldn’t want the idea of getting lost. She looked at the stands until one stand of jewelry caught her attention. She pulled Kyungwoo there as she wanted to have a look at the products. 

 

“Welcome! “. The lady beamed at them. “Are you looking for something in particular? “. 

“Oh, just having a look for now “. Kyungmi told her as she scanned the bracelets since she wanted to have one. Then she spotted a silver bracelet with a red moon-shaped pendant. She smiled at it as she passed it to the lady. “I will buy this “. She said as she began to get her wallet when Kyungwoo stopped her. “Huh? Why? “. 

“Wait, I haven’t chosen mine “. He told her. 

“Huh? “. She blinked in confusion at him. He just smirked as he looked for the same bracelet but in a different color and he chose a silver bracelet with a blue moon-shaped pendant. “Include this, please “. He passed the bracelet to the lady as he pulled out a few bills after the lady said the price to them. 

“Yah, why did you pay for my bracelet too? “. She looked at him with confusion. 

“Don’t you really know? “. He scoffed as he took the bracelets from the lady and began putting her bracelet around her right wrist. Then he put his on his left wrist and showed it to her. 

“Perhaps….couple items? “. She guessed as he chuckled at her reaction. 

“You already get it now “. He said as he grabbed her hand again. 

“You could just tell me you wanted one, then I will buy it for you “. She pouted since she felt bad that he was paying for everything today. 

“I told you, today I want to pay for everything so it’s fine “. He said as he leaned closer to her face as smiled at her. “Next time, I will let you pay “. 

“Fine…”. She sighed as she gave in and then lifted their intertwining hands with a smile. “I like it, thanks “. She looked at him with gratitude. 

“Come on, you said you wanted to go to the arcade “. He said as he pulled her by his side as guided her to the arcade nearby. 

 

The date came to an end after playing in the arcades and Kyungwoo walked her home while holding hands. Kyungmi glanced around for any sight of her friends, afraid to get caught. They arrived at the entrance of her building before facing each other. 

 

“Thanks for today, I had fun “. Kyungmi admitted. 

“Me too “. He agreed with a nod. “What are you going to do now? “. 

“Study, of course “. She chuckled at the question. “You should do some too “. 

“Later “. He smiled at her as he squeezed her hand, not ready to leave her yet. “I wish we could be together for a few more hours….”. Kyungmi softened as she felt bad for making him be in a secret relationship with her. 

“Kyungwoo-ah….”. She looked at him and she gave him a small smile. “Just give me a little more time, then we will be able to date without hiding, I promise “. He blinked at her response before scoffing with a chuckle and ruffled her hair with affection. 

“Alright, I can wait “. He nodded in understanding. 

“Then...I will leave now “. She said as she slowly pulled her hand away from his and waved at him. She turned around to head to her apartment when Kyungwoo grabbed her wrist, turned her around, and planted a kiss on her cheek. She froze on her spot as the only sound she could hear were the beats of her heart. She slowly blinked her eyes as she stared at Kyungwoo with surprise written on her face. 

“I thought I should give you one before you leave “. He cleared his throat in embarrassment as he rubbed the back of his neck while looking away. She gulped as she became flustered, not knowing what to do next. “Should I give him one in return too? Or should I just leave? What should I do? “. She thought as she glanced at him before closing her eyes, tiptoeing her feet before planting a kiss on his cheek as well. He froze on his spot as he looked at her with surprise while she rapidly mumbled a goodbye before running toward the building. Kyungwoo stood still as he scoffed with a smile of satisfaction while resting his fingers on the cheek that received the kiss. “She’s getting cuter, it’s driving me crazy….”. He looked at the way she went one more time with a smile before heading toward his own home. 


 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

After finishing their exams and receiving the results, Kyungmi and the girls decided to spend their weekend hanging out in a coffee shop. At first, Kyungwoo invited her to go to the internet cafe along with the boys, but it’s been so long since the last time she hung out with just the girls that she decided to spend time with them this time. 

 

“The cakes here are delicious! “. Ahram complimented with happiness after trying the cakes. 

“What's that? “. Minji asked at the cake Ahram tried. 

“It’s nice, but don’t eat it “. Ahram whined as she prevented her friend from eating the cake. Kyungmi shook her head as she and Jinhee shared a piece of cake. 

“Let me take this call “. Jarim said as she answered the call. “What is it? “. 

“Are you still at the cafe? “. It was Jooyoug at the other line. “Should I come over? “. 

“Why? “. Jarim blinked in confusion. “I thought you said you’re going to the internet cafe with your friends “. 

“I already went “. Jooyoung said out loud as he was walking toward the table, where the girls were while smiling at Jarim. “We played a few games but I missed you “. He said as he hung up while Jarim also did it too. Kyungmi blinked at him with confusion, wondering what happened to Kyungwoo. He then went to sit next to Jarim and linked arms with her. “The game I want to play the most is a dating simulation game with Jarim “. Then the girls looked at him as if he had gone crazy. 

“Do you want this game to get a ‘bad ending’? “. She retorted as she pulled her arm away from him. “We said we would meet our own friends today “. Jarim reminded him. 

“You can keep having fun. I just came because I missed you “. Jooyoung told her. 

“How impressive “. Jinhee commented as she looked at the couple. “You guys have been dating for a few months now, and your heart still hasn’t changed since the start “. Kyungmi agreed with her comment as she munched on the cake while checking on her phone if Kyungwoo was still in the internet cafe. 

“No, it has “. Jooyoung said with seriousness and the girls looked at him with curiosity. “I like her even more than before! “. He confessed while the girls rolled their eyes while having enough of his cheesiness. 

“Ack...I could die from cheesiness right now….”. Kyungmi mumbled as she felt goosebumps all over her body. Then she saw him holding a fork while taking some cake as he put it in front of Jarim. 

“Like this…A sweet cake and...cake….”. He said before eating the cake since Jarim didn’t accept it. “Our sweet relationship! “. 

“Jarim is making a sour face, though “. Ahram pointed out. 

“Yah, just go “. Jinhee said as she shook her hand, motioning him to leave. “I can’t hang out with couples. I don’t want to see them at all “. She complained. 

“There’s another couple here too “. Ahram said while pointing at Minji with her fork.

“I know, but at least she’s not like someone who comes saying ‘I miss you’ and tags along “. Jinhee said.  Kyungmi gulped as she put her fork down, somehow feeling identified with the description of being in a relationship. 

“Aren’t you going to meet Jung Sanghoon? “. Ahram asked Minji. 

“Right “. Jinhee looked at Minji as well. “Have you guys even met after you started dating? I never saw that “. 

“Ah...we both had exams. We should meet soon “. Minji explained. 

“Oh, right. Why do I feel like I didn’t have exams? Did I want to deny it that badly? “. Jinhee said as Kyungmi lightly chuckled, knowing what she meant with that. 

“Why? Did you flunk? “. Ahram pouted at her. 

“I don’t know. I didn’t even bother looking at my average “. Jinhee sighed as she stabbed her fork into the cake. “I should get tutoring from Kyungmi “. She said while pointing at Kyungmi. “She entered in the top 5 this time “. 

“I was just lucky “. Kyungmi told her as she grew shy after she revealed her exam results. She never knew she could do well in exams and she felt happy that she was improving from time to time. 

“Our Jarim’s grades improved a lot “. Jooyoung commented with pride. 

“It seems like you guys studied quite a bit together “. Ahram hummed with amusement. 

“His grades got worse than before “. Jarim pointed out.

“I studied with Jarim, but why did my grades go down? “. He wondered with a pout. 

“It’s exactly because you two studied together. Would you even look at your books with her around? “. Jinhee retorted. 

“Bingo “. He snapped his fingers while smiling at her. 

“You’re saying that so shamelessly “. Jarim sighed. Kyungmi shook her head, finding him quite disappointing. Her phone buzzed and checked her messages. 

 

Lee Kaeng <3: I just finished playing with the boys. Are you still in the cafe? Should I go to the area? Let’s have a date if you are done hanging out with the girls. 


 

It seems like my time with the girls is over….”. She sighed at the thought before responding with an okay as she took the last bite of her cake before excusing herself that she had to go running errands for her mom and bid goodbye to them. 


 

As she was heading out of the cafe, she received another message. This time, it was Seri. 

 

Cutie Seri: Kyungmi~ Yuri suggested we hang out in the karaoke room with the three of us plus extra people. Are you in? 

 

“Extra people? “. She mumbled as she texted her about what she meant by that. 

 

Cutie Seri: Ah~ Our boyfriends hehe. You can tag someone along if you want. 

 

Kyungmi sighed as she looked up to think about it. “I should ask Kyungwoo first “. She thought before heading toward the internet cafe, where Kyungwoo was waiting for her. She spotted him at the entrance of the place while looking at his phone. An idea popped out of her mind and smirked before slowly walking toward him. She then positioned herself behind him before wrapping her arms around his waist. 

 

“Lee Kaeng! “. She exclaimed at the same time Kyungwoo shouted in surprise. 

“What the….”. He looked behind to find his girlfriend beaming at him. 

“Surprise! “. She giggled as she pulled herself away from him while he turned to her. 

“Yah! You scared me! “. He complained with a cute whine. 

“That was the idea “. She chuckled at his reaction before patting his head. “Sorry for that “. 

“Apology accepted “. Kyungwoo laughed as he pulled her into a tight hug. Kyungmi softly smiled as she accepted the embrace before pulling him away from her. “Ready to go? “. 

“Sure “. She nodded in agreement as he held her hand and they began to walk on the busy streets. 

“Where should we go? I was thinking of going to Han River for some stroll or going to the arcade “. Kyungwoo suggested. 

“Mmm “. Kyungmi thought about it and then she remembered the invitation Seri just sent her. “Ah….Kyungwoo-ah, Seri invited me to join her and Yuri to the karaoke room, and they will bring company….so I was thinking….”. She bit her bottom lip before answering. “Would you like to go? “. They stopped walking as Kyungwoo turned to her. 

“Company? “. He arched an eyebrow. 

“Yeah…..”. She exhaled through her nose. “They will bring their boyfriends and they let me bring someone too, so I was thinking….maybe I could introduce you as….my boyfriend to them….”. She said while looking away in shyness, making him chuckle at her cuteness. He rested his hands on her cheeks to make her look at him directly. 

“So in summary...you want to go to show off you have a boyfriend? “. He asked with a smirk. She frowned at the question and removed his hands away from her. 

“Not necessarily! “. She insisted. “We don’t have to go if you don’t want to “. 

“Hmm “. He hummed as he looked up to think about it. Then he looked down at her with a mischievous smile before nodding in agreement. 

“Sure, let’s go “. He said as he held her hand again. “Just because I want to show them off to you as my girlfriend “. She blushed at his words and lightly hit him in the arm. 

“What's that? “. She said as she looked down to the ground in shyness. He chuckled as he tugged her along so they could continue walking. 

“Lead the way “. He said. She chuckled at how absurd and cute he was before leading him to their destination to the karaoke room her friends were in. They arrived at the place and headed toward the room Yuri reserved for a few hours. Kyungmi opened the door, revealing the girls along with their boyfriends. 

“Kyungmi, you came! “. Seri beamed as she stood up from her seat and walked toward her to give her a hug. “We were waiting for you! “. 

“Yah, what took you so long to come? “. Yuri whined with a pout as she paused the song she has been singing for the last two minutes. 

“Well….”. Kyungmi cleared before opening the door wider, revealing Kyungwoo, who was behind her. The girls gaped at him with shock before looking at their friend. 

“You brought Lee Kyungwoo? “. Seri asked as she looked at him. “Hi! “. She waved at him. 

“Oh “. He nodded at her in knowledge with an awkward smile. 

“Kyungmi-ah….”. Yuri sighed as she rested her hands over her hips. “You should have brought someone handsome, like Kang Jihoo “. Kyungwoo frowned at her comment and glared at her. 

“Yah, why are you mentioning him right now? “. Kyungwoo retorted. “I’m way more handsome than him “. 

“As if “. Yuri scoffed while crossing her arms. “Besides, why are you here when you already have a girlfriend yourself? Let Kyungmi have space so she can meet boys and date “. Kyungmi bit her bottom lip as she tried not to burst into laughter right there. 

“Actually…..”. Kyungmi cleared as she slowly lifted one of his hands she was holding up to the air before flashing a shy smile. “I’m HIS girlfriend….”. She announced as she glanced at their reactions. She chuckled when Yuri dropped the mic as Seri gaped at them while covering with both hands. 

“Shut up! “. Yuri was the first one to react. “Are you serious?! “. Kyungmi glanced at her boyfriend, who was smirking at her, before turning back to her friends with a giggle. 

“Yeah “. Kyungmi nodded in confirmation. Then Yuri and Seri squealed in joy as they surrounded their friend and they began to jump in happiness, congratulating her for finally admitting her feelings. Kyungwoo scoffed in disbelief at the scene before looking back at the guys, who were Seri and Yuri’s boyfriends. He lifted his hand while smiling at them. 

“Hi, I’m Lee Kyungwoo from Yisam Information High, and you? “. He said as he went to them to start a conversation. 


 

 vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Monday came, and Kyungmi arrived at school alone since she overslept because of playing games until late. She was walking in the corridors and almost arrived at her classroom when she saw the boys and Jarim walking to the door. She smiled and she was about to greet them when she overheard some girls bad-mouthing about Jarim. 

 

“Wow, is she even monitoring her boyfriend’s grades now? “. A girl with her hair tied in a ponytail scoffed. 

“How hilarious “. Another girl with long hair smirked at the sight. “So, she’ll only date people who are smart? “. She scoffed. “She’s already being picky with people’s education? Honestly, I don’t even think she’s that pretty. She just looks hella rude “. 

“These crazy girls really…”. Kyungmi muttered under her breath as she clenched her fists while glaring at them. 

“Why? I like her, she’s pretty. I like that kind of face “. A third girl said. 

 

Kyungwoo stopped walking as he spotted Kyungmi on the other side of the corridor. He was about to greet her when he noticed her glare at the group of girls and looked in her direction, wondering what was happening. 

 

“Yah, it’s because of girls like you that she thinks she’s all that “. The girl with the ponytail commented. 

“That's true. What did her boyfriend do wrong? Even I feel sorry for him just watching him “. The girl with long hair said as she glanced at Jarim walking past them as she was about to enter the classroom when she heard Jooyoung’s name mentioned by one of them. 

“Oh, that guy who confessed at the school retreat? Was his name Gong Jooyoung? “. The third girl asked. 

“That’s right “. Jarim turned around to look at them with her icy stare. 

“She heard us “. The girl with the ponytail chuckled. 

“Let's go “. 

“Who cares? Let her hear us “. The girl with long hair said as the three girls left while laughing. 

“Have they gone crazy? “. Kyungmi said as she was about to go after them when Jarim went to her and grabbed her arm after noticing her presence. Kyungwoo’s eyes widened as he halted from going there, noticing that it was the first time seeing her this angry. 

“Forget about them “. Jarim told her. 

“How can I when they are bad-mouthing at you even when you are present? “. Kyungmi asked as she glared back at the way the girls went. “They are just babbling nonsense! “. 

“I understand what you feel and I feel thankful, but I’m not concerned one bit so it’s okay “. Jarim said as she tried to calm her down. 

“Ha~ I feel so angry right now “. Kyungmi blew a raspberry as she looked up at the ceiling to calm her anger down. Jarim chuckled as she linked arms with her and dragged her toward the classroom. Kyungwoo exhaled through his nose, reminding himself to ask her later as he entered the classroom as well. Kyungwoo saw Kyungmi already sitting at her desk and walked toward the girls as he sat on her desk to catch her attention. She looked up at him and flashed him a smile, enough to cover her anger and he mimicked her gestures before looking at the girls. 

“Yah, do you guys want to come today too? “. He asked. 

“To what? “. Ahram looked at him with curiosity. 

“Gong Jooyoung’s room-away party today “. Kyungwoo told them, and Kyungmi frowned at the weird term. 

“What’s that? “. Jinhee frowned in confusion as well. 

“We are holding a party before Gong Jooyoung gets his place taken away “. Kyungmin explained. “His mom told him to move out and go back home “. Kyungmi nodded in understanding, now understanding the term. 

“Oh my gosh~ “. Jinhee expressed. “Then does that make Gong Jooyoung and Jarim star-crossed lovers now? “. She smirked at Jarim. (T/N: Folktale: The Cowherd and the Weaver Girl-forbidden lovers who could only meet once a year). 

“We’ll still see each other at school all the time “. Jarim reasoned.

“Yah “. Ahram looked at Kyungwoo. “If it’s a party, we’re eating good food, right? “. He gave her an empty smile before nodding in response. “I’ll come then “. She said. 

“Me too. It’s my first time going to a guy’s house “. Jinhee confessed. Kyungwoo scoffed with a smile before looking at Minji. 

“You? “. 

“I’m...meeting Sanghoon “. She told him. 

“Oh~ you’re finally meeting? “. Jinhee . 

“Is that so? Then enjoy your date “. Kyungwoo nodded in understanding. 

“No, but we’re just going to eat, so….”. Minji tried to make an excuse that she wanted to go but he cut her off. 

“Forget it. Don’t come “. He told her. “I don’t want Sanghoon cursing at me. Those who are coming, remember to bring money for the food “. He explained before looking at Kyungmi for an answer. “You will come, right? “. 

“Okay “. She nodded in agreement. Kyungwoo smiled at her as he patted her hand before standing up to go sit next to her. Kyungmi hid her smile with her hand and without thinking, her eyes landed on Ahram, who was giving her a smirk of ‘I know what you are hiding’. Kyungmi’s eyes widened as she looked away and cleared . “Has she seen us? I should have been careful “. She closed her eyes as she opened her textbook and covered her face to avoid Ahram’s gaze. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

After school, everyone except Minji went to Jooyoung’s house to prepare for the party. Jooyoung, Ahram, and Kyungmi were getting the food ready while Jarim and Jinhee were setting the table. Kyungmi put the spicy rice cakes on the table and looked up to see Byunghoon looking around the place with an expression of nostalgia. She chuckled at his expression and went back to help Ahram with the rest of the food.

 

“Yah, Gong Jooyoung “. Kyungmin called him. “When you move, you must throw out a lot of things, right? “. He said as he took Jooyoung’s computer case. 

“Yeah, I looked through my stuff and there are a few things indeed “. Jooyoung commented as he looked at the fridge for beverages.

“Yah, why don’t you throw this out to me? It seems heavy “. Kyungmin told him while holding the computer case. Jooyoung turned to him and looked at him with disbelief.

“Are you nuts? Why would I give you my computer? “. Jooyoung retorted as he put the beverages on the table. 

“What about this? “. Byunghoon asked as he held out Jooyoung’s PS4. Jooyoung looked at him with a blank expression while sighing. 

“Boys, you know I’m just leaving this neighborhood, not this world, right? “. Kyungmi laughed at his comment before taking a seat next to Ahram. 

“No, I’m just worried that if you take your Playstation with you, your mom will scold you “. Byunghoon explained. 

“Yah, leave these behind too. You won’t have time to play when you go back home anyway “. Kyungwoo said as he took some games and saved them in the pocket of his pullover. 

“That's enough “. Jarim warned them. “We’re here for a farewell party, not to steal stuff “. Kyungwoo pressed his lips into a thin line as he returned the games into their places. 

“Exactly. Hurry up and eat “. Kyungmi told them as she grabbed her chopsticks while waiting for everyone to come and eat. She glanced at her right side and saw Ahram already eating. 

“She's already eating “. Kyungmin pointed at Ahram. 

“I said I’m taking a photo! “. Jinhee complained as she tried to stop Ahram from eating any more. 

“Yah, stop her! “. The guys came over hurriedly and they began eating. 


 

After eating, the group was distributed into different parts, with Kyungmin playing a game on his phone while Byunghoon watches him; Kyungwoo and Ahram playing Panchigi on the floor while Kyungmi observes them, and the couple cleaning the kitchen. Jinhee sighed as she noticed everyone in their own worlds and complained.

“Yah, why did we even gather then? Is there nothing we can play all together? “. 

“Ah right! “. Byunghoon beamed as he stood up and walked over his backpack. “I was forgetting that I brought something for us to play “. He said before taking out a lie detector. “Ta-da! What might this be? “. 

“Oh! It’s a lie detector! This will be so much fun. Come on, guys! “. Jinhee motioned them to gather. 

“Why did he bring that stuff? “. Kyungmin sighed before going back to focus on his game. 

“After I saw it on TV, I wanted to try this first thing once I came here “. Byunghoon pouted after being ignored for bringing it. “So as soon as I moved here, I bought it at Artbox “. He grinned. 

“Gosh “. Kyungmin exhaled. “I guess they don’t sell this in those backwoods of Gwanggok-ri you lived in “. 

“Okay, tonight is the night of truth. We’ll go clockwise “. Byunghoon said. Kyungmi hummed as she crossed her legs. Kyungwoo, who was next to her, saw her skirt getting short by her sitting like that and grabbed a pillow before putting it over her legs. She blinked in confusion before looking at him as he flashed her a small smile. She grinned as well as gratitude, without noticing Ahram’s smirk of knowledge. “I’ll be the first batter and test the machine “. Byunghoon said as he put his hand over the machine. “Kim Byunghoon is the most handsome of everyone here. Yes “. He said as he pressed the button and waited for it to answer. Byunghoon shouted in pain as he took his hand out of the detector after feeling an electric shock, meaning it was a lie. 

“Oh, it’s accurate then! I’ll join “. Kyungmin said as he stopped his game and sat down between Byunghoon and Kyungmi. He then put his hand over the detector but Ahram pressed her hand over his so he couldn’t escape when asking. 

“On Monday last week, I stole Oh Ahram’s dried squid “. She said with a serious face. Kyungmin gulped in nervousness before shaking his head in denial. 

“No. I don’t know about this “. Kyungmin then screamed in pain, coming out as a lie as Ahram stood up and grabbed him by the collar while dragging him to a corner to give him a lesson. The rest of them laughed at how accurate this game was.

“The test is done. Who wants to ask the next question? “. Jinhee asked. “Should I? “. 

“What do you want to ask that’s making you so excited? “. Kyungwoo chuckled as he put his hand over the detector. 

“Hmm…”. Jinhee thought for a moment before saying. “I currently have someone I like “. Kyungwoo flinched a little as he slightly glanced in Kyungmi’s way, with the latter also feeling frozen on her spot at the question. Kyungwoo then laughed it off as he said. 

“You call that a question? There’s no one “. 

“What? You’re already over Bang Yeseul? “. Jooyoung asked as he sat down next to Kyungwoo. 

“Let’s check it out “. Byunghoon said as he pressed the button. Kyungmi clasped her hands together as she hoped this would come out as truth since if it comes as a lie, everyone will and pressure him to give some information, ultimately revealing their relationship. “Although….it’s been almost three weeks since we started dating...should we just reveal it to everyone? I’m kind of feeling sorry for him too….”. Kyungmi thought as she glanced at Kyungwoo with concern. She then closed her eyes when Kyungwoo shouted as everyone laughed. 

“What the? There is someone, then! “. Jinhee insisted. 

“This punk, he was pretending to be over her “. Kyungmin said after Ahram released him from a headlock. 

“That’s not true! “. Kyungwoo became flustered. “There’s really no one! The machine must be broken “. He replied while in his mind he was begging Kyungmi for forgiveness for saying those words. 

“What was the question? “. Jarim asked as she sat between Jooyoung and Kyungwoo. 

“Huh? “. Kyungwoo blinked and rapidly grabbed her hand and put it over the detector. “Yah, Wang Ja, your turn “. 

“Don’t you dare ask something weird “. She warned him. Kyungwoo smirked a little as he thought of a question. 

“Honestly, I know that my food tastes awfully bad “. He asked and everyone was excited at the question. 

“You’re going hard “. Kyungmin laughed. 

“Honestly, I think it’s edible “. She responded with honesty. 

“For real? “. Byunghoon frowned as he covered his mouth in shock before pressing the button. Then the sound of a bell appeared, meaning she was telling the truth and everyone looked at her with surprise. Kyungmi blinked at the machine, wondering if it was really accurate now. 

“It’s even more shocking that it’s the truth. How can the truth lack conscience so much? “. Kyungmin wondered. 

“She’s my friend, but I’m still astonished “. Ahram said with disbelief. 

“Stop teasing me “. Jarim told them. 

“No, Jarim. I think the food you make is the tastiest in the world “. Jooyoung comforted her. 

“Okay, then here comes the lie reader “. Kyungmin said as he grabbed his friend’s hand and put it over the detector. 

“Yah, wait “. 

“Honestly, Wang Jarim’s food tastes bad “. Kyungmin said. 

“I don’t know about others, but it tastes delicious to me. Really “. Jooyoung replied. Then Kyungmin pressed the button and they waited. The detector buzzed, telling it was a lie but Jooyoung suppressed his pain. 

“I think this punk is holding it in “. Kyungmin pointed out. “Look at his eyes, trembling “. Then he pressed the button again. Then Jooyoung screamed as he took his hand out of the machine as everyone laughed. 

“No! This was fabricated! It's a trap! Kim Byunghoon, was it you? “. Jooyoung glared at him. 

“Why are you like this to me? “. Byunghoon looked offended but still laughed. 

“You’re the one who brought it over! “. Jooyoung complained and then turned to Jarim to deny it. “It’s not true, Jarim. The lie detector is lying. I swear “. Kyungmi laughed at how desperate he looked while Jarim was avoiding his gaze with slight annoyance on her face. Ahram hid her smile as she went to grab Kyungmi’s hand before putting it on the detector. 

“Kyung, your turn “. 

“Don’t ask weird questions “. She warned them as she stared at everyone. Ahram chuckled before clearing and asking. 

“To be honest….I have feelings for Lee Kyungwoo “. Kyungmi flinched at the question as her mind went blank. “Why is she asking that so suddenly? “. 

“Yah, why are you asking something like that? “. Kyungwoo complained, but he was also worried about the results. Kyungmi looked at her friend’s expression and she knew Ahram was just helping her to come clean. She exhaled through her nose and closed her eyes before responding. 

“Yes…”. Everyone looked at him with shock at her as she gave a firm answer. “I like Lee Kyungwoo…”. Kyungwoo looked at her with surprise as Ahram smirked and she pressed the button. After a few seconds, the bell rang from the detector, indicating that she was telling the truth. There was an icy silence as Kyungmi looked at them with concern, with everyone wondering if she was telling the truth. 

“Yah...is it the truth? “. Kyungmin asked as he eyed her. 

“Yeah….”. Kyungmi shyly nodded and everyone scoffed with disbelief at the news. 

“Yah, I want to try something “. Jinhee said as she grabbed Kyungwoo’s hand and put it on the detector. “I also have feelings for Choi Kyungmi “. Kyungwoo looked at Kyungmi, who was looking at him with fear but staying calm at the same time. He softly smiled at her before looking back at Jinhee and nodded. 

“Yeah...I like her “. He responded and Jinhee pressed the button with a smile of excitement. It came out as true as the detector rang a bell, shocking the group even more, except for Ahram. 

“What's this? “. Jinhee gaped at Kyungmi and Kyungwoo. “Is this for real? “. 

“Then are you guys dating? “. Ahram asked with a smirk of knowledge as she crossed her arms. Kyungmi cleared as she looked at Kyungwoo before holding his hand and intertwining her fingers with his. 

“Yeah….”. 

“Wow! “. The boys exclaimed with shock as Jarim and Jinhee dropped their mouths. 

“I knew it “. Ahram chuckled. “You guys were giving some lovey-dovey vibes this morning “. She said. 

“Since when? “. Kyungmin blinked while looking at them. “How couldn’t we notice it? “.

“It’s….”. Kyungmi didn’t know how to explain it but Kyungwoo came to his rescue. 

“It’s been not long since we started dating “. He confessed. “Maybe...two weeks? “. He replied. 

“Wow….”. Byunghoon scoffed in disbelief. “You hide it well….”. 

“I knew you guys would end up together “. Jinhee smirked while crossing her arms. “I knew it since the day we went to Byunghoon’s grandparents’ house “. 

“Sorry if we didn’t tell you sooner….”. Kyungmi felt guilty toward them. “We were afraid that you guys would judge us when Kyungwoo ended his relationship not long ago “. 

“Yah, why would we do that? “. Jarim asked. “We won’t judge you for dating. It’s your life. Who are we to tell you who to date and who not? “. 

“She’s right “. Jooyoung nodded in agreement. “I understand though….Kyungwoo broke up with Bang Yeseul almost three weeks ago, so telling that he was dating another person just after breaking up with Yeseul will make him a jerk “. 

“It was my fault for not being honest with my feelings in the beginning “. Kyungwoo replied. “I should just have said what I felt to her the moment I realized it “. 

“So….when did you start having feelings for her? “. Jinhee asked with curiosity and everyone leaned forward to hear the answer. 

“I’m not going to share those details with you “. Kyungwoo scoffed as everyone complained. He looked at Kyungmi, who was looking back at him with a smile of relief. He mimicked her gestures as he squeezed her hand, telling her that it was okay for her to relax now. 

Finally...we are able to see each other freely “. Kyungmi mentally sighed. “I thought I would receive backlash, but I'm glad everyone was supportive about this….though, Minji would receive a shock after learning about it “. She thought as she was worried about Minji’s reaction to their relationship since she could sense that Minji wasn’t over Kyungwoo yet. “I’m sorry, Minji...in the beginning, I wished for you and Kyungwoo to be together, but this time, I don’t think I will be able to wish that….”. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Meanwhile, at a coffee shop, Minji and Sanghoon were having their date as the former looked quite displeased about whether she should still be dating him. 

 

Yeah, I can’t make myself like him, so it’s probably better to stop it here, right? “. She thought. “He has probably felt it all this time as well “. 

 

“What's wrong? Do you not like it? “. Sanghoon asked with concern when he saw her spacing out while poking at her salad. 

“No, it’s delicious here “. Minji forced a smile. 

“Really? I searched online and this was the top result “. He smiled in relief as he ate some lettuce. Then he saw Minji’s sour expression, confusing it as if she was feeling back for making him eat the salad instead of something delicious, when in fact it was because she was wondering if she should tell him now to stop dating. “I’m really fine. If you don’t like it, should we go somewhere else? “.

“No, that’s not it….”. 

“Then….”. Sanghoon looked at her in confusion. 

“I have something to say….”. Minji said with hesitation, but a waitress came over with a cart filled with a cake and a bouquet of flowers. 

“This was prepared by this man. Enjoy your time here “. The waitress bowed at them before leaving. Minji looked at the cart before looking back at Sanghoon, who was rubbing the back of his neck in shyness. 

“We hadn’t seen each other in a while, and you worked hard during the exams, so I was wondering what I could do for you “. He explained as he grabbed the bouquet and passed it to her. “It’s too sudden, right? Is it bad? “. When he saw Minji not accepting the bouquet, he replied. “You don’t have to take it if you feel burdened “. 

“No, I’m not “. She flustered as she grabbed the bouquet with a forced smile. “Thank you so much “. Sanghoon smiled in relief while rubbing the back of his neck in shyness. “I like the flowers “. 

“I’m glad “. 

Minji then saw a note attached to the bouquet and read it. “May you always be happy “. Minji looked at Sanghoon before looking back at the flowers while reconsidering telling him to stop seeing each other, as she felt bad to tell him now after receiving such gifts. 

Yeah…He’s been good to me all this time. Plus, even if I break up with him, that jerk won’t even accept my feelings...Let’s keep it like this for now “. 

 

Back at Jooyoung’s house, Kyungmi and Kyungwoo were playing some games on their phones, while the rest were just relaxing. 

 

“We have a lot of memories in this room “. Kyungmin started as he looked at the place with nostalgia. “Yah, Gong Jooyoung. Do you remember when you stood stark in front of Wang Jarim? Right over there “. He pointed at the bathroom with his chin. 

“What? Really? “. Jinhee laughed as she glanced at Jarim drinking water while Jooyoung looked at him with panic. 

“Shut up! We had barely forgotten about it, damn it “. Jooyoung sighed with annoyance. 

“Why forget it? Why forget that pee-pee- I mean, that precious memory? “. Kyungmin retorted. 

“Yah “. Jooyoung took a chicken coupon before throwing it at Kyungmin. 

“Honestly, this place is the one I’m most attached to after my house “. Byunghoon confessed as he inhaled deeply. “I feel my body odor permeating from every corner “. Kyungmi frowned a little when she sensed an odd smell and pressed her nose with her fingers. 

“Aish sh*t, you farted again? God damn it! “. Kyungwoo glared at Byunghoon. 

“No wonder, I was thinking it was weird since earlier “. Jinhee complained of frustration. 

“What the heck are you doing in front of Jarim? “. Jooyoung exclaimed with annoyance. 

“Smell it to your heart’s content. You won’t be able to in the future “. Byunghoon smiled at them. 

“I think I lost my sense of smell “. Kyungmi mumbled and Kyungwoo patted the back of her head in comfort. 

“You also fart at school, darn it! “. Kyungmin exclaimed as he threw the coupon Jooyoung threw before, at Byunghoon. 

“What are you saying? “. Byunghoon asked. “That’s you. Stop putting the blame on me “.

“What? “. Kyungmin’s eyes widened in disbelief before he launched toward him as both of them began tackling each other. Kyungmi shook her head and leaned back to avoid receiving hits from them, to which Kyungwoo put an arm around her to protect her. 

“It does feel sad “. Jarim suddenly said, with everyone looking at her and the boys stopped fighting. 

“Wow, I can’t believe Wang Jarim said that “. Byunghoon was amazed at her comment. “That’s how bad I feel, Jooyoung. Do you get it? “. 

“What was that? It’s not like you “. Kyungwoo scoffed. 

“I feel like this happened because of me “. Jarim confessed, and Kyungmi wondered if it was because of the rumors she heard this morning. “I wonder if I prevented you from studying properly “. 

“No, it’s not your fault. Don’t say that “. Jooyoung insisted and Jarim nodded in understanding. Kyungmi hummed as she leaned her head against Kyungwoo as she suddenly felt tired and she wished she could go home soon to sleep. Then the lights turned off and blinked in confusion as she looked around to see Jarim holding a cake with a candle. She smiled at the sight, hoping Jooyoung would get touched that everyone including her prepared something for him. 

“We all pitched in to prepare this. Jarim suggested it “. Jinhee explained. 

“Jarim…”. Jooyoung felt touched as he stood up. 

“I just felt like I should do at least this much “. Jarim simply replied. 

“Thank you “. He replied with a grin. 

“I’m also getting sad now “. Jinhee pouted. 

“You’ve never been here before, so how come? “. Kyungmin questioned her. 

“Yah, I also made good memories just now! Come on, let me be included “. Jinhee retorted. 

“What’s so sad about this, making me tear up? “. Byunghoon said as he faked a cry. Kyungmi chuckled at his act and looked back at Jooyoung standing still. 

“What are you doing? Hurry and blow out the candle “. Kyungwoo told him. “Wang Ja’s arm is going to fall off “. He said and Kyungmi nodded in agreement.

“What? Ah yes “. Jooyoung nodded as he turned to Jarim before blowing out the candle and everyone clapped at him. 

“Yah, what’s with your face? “. Ahram asked when she noticed his expression. “Why do you look like you’ve just learned you can keep your studio, after acting all miserable all this time? “. 

“That's true “. Jooyoung confessed. 

“What? “. Everyone exclaimed in unison. 

“Really? “. Kyungmi blinked at him. 

“Huh? Yeah “. Jooyoung nodded. “That’s how it turned out “. He nervously laughed. “Dad sent me a text saying he persuaded my mom. Sorry. It turned into a party for nothing “. Kyungmi sighed but chuckled at how the situation turned. 

“Well, then...today was the farewell party. Let’s have a ‘cancel the farewell’ party tomorrow! “. Byunghoon suggested. 

“Okay! “. Kyungmin agreed. 

“Yah! What ‘okay’? Is this your house? “. Jooyoung retorted. 

“You’ll be staying here, then? “. Jarim asked him. 

“Yes. Sorry for making you worry over nothing “. Jooyoung apologized. 

“It's okay “. Jarim told him as she put the cake down. “It’s a relief you don’t have to go through that trouble “. 

“Of course! Now nothing will pull us away from each other “. Jooyoung said. “We’ll only be getting closer. If we get married, we’ll be living in the same house. How many kids should-  “. Jooyoung stopped talking when Jarim covered his mouth with her hand. 

“You need to learn when is the appropriate moment to stop “. She said. Kyungmi sighed while rolling her eyes before standing up. 

“Well...I guess this is over “. She stretched her body as she took her backpack. “You guys enjoy the cake. I will leave first “. 

“Already? “. Ahram pouted at her. 

“I’m kind of tired so I want to sleep “. Kyungmi confessed. “See you guys tomorrow! Congratulations on getting your studio back “. Kyungmi smiled at Jooyoung before waving at everyone. Kyungwoo then stood up as well and took his backpack before walking toward Kyungmi, who was slipping her shoes on. 

“I’m leaving too “. He announced. 

“What? You should eat the cake before leaving “. Jooyoung insisted.

“You enjoy the cake without me. I will walk her home. See you “. He told them before turning to Kyungmi. “Let's go “. Kyungmi nodded in agreement as he took her hand after wearing his shoes and both of them walked out of the place. 

“Aigoo~ He seems happier than when he was dating Bang Yeseul “. Kyungmin clucked his tongue while shaking his head in disbelief. “I’m jealous of him! “. 

“But still...I’m glad they are dating “. Ahram sighed at the sight. “I was feeling frustrated that they couldn’t admit their feelings to each other back then “. 

“To be honest, they look good together “. Jinhee confessed and everyone agreed with her. Jooyoung smiled at the sight, feeling happy that his friend was finally able to get the girl he wanted. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Kyungmi and Kyungwoo arrived at her building and they faced each other with smiles. 

 

“I will get going first then. See you tomorrow “. Kyungmi said as she was about to leave when Kyungwoo stopped her. 

“Kyungmi, wait a minute “. 

“Huh? “. Kyungmi blinked when she saw him heading to his house. She patiently waited for a few minutes before he came back with a large box in his hands. “What’s this? “. She asked him when he passed her the box. 

“Your prize “. He revealed. 

“What? “. She blinked at him with surprise. 

“Remember when we participated in that Instagram contest for the Playstation 5? We won them in the end, but since we were on difficult terms….I wasn’t able to give it to you “. He confessed as he rubbed the back of his neck. 

“Oh my God! “. Kyungmi beamed as she jumped in her place. “Did we really win? I can’t believe it! “. She hugged the box with all her heart. 

“Are you that happy? “. He chuckled. 

“Yeah, I’m so happy! “. She beamed as she looked at the box. Kyungwoo exhaled while looking at her with tenderness before patting her head. 

“If you are happy, then I am too “. He smiled at her and she stopped moving as she blushed from his gesture. 

“Thank you… “. She shyly smiled at him. “We should play games with this one day “. She suggested and he nodded in agreement. 

“Cool “. 

“I will get going now “. She replied before she planted a quick kiss on his cheek and ran. Kyungwoo laughed, finding her cute for acting so shy around him when usually she’s tough and savage, which is why he likes her so much. He was glad that, at last, they will be able to show more affection openly to each other. Giving her a last glance, he walked back home. 

 

Meanwhile, Minji arrived at her house and rested her head over her desk while thinking about today. 

I couldn’t say it, in the end “. She thought with a sigh as she glanced at the bouquet she received today. She heard her phone buzzing and took it to see the upcoming messages. 

 

Jini: I’ve arrived home. It was fun, guys! 

 

Then she scrolled down the screen while watching the pictures Jinhee uploaded in their group chat. She stared with envy when she saw all of them looking happy, especially Kyungwoo who was smiling brightly along with Kyungmi at his side. “If I had been a bit more honest back then, maybe things wouldn’t have ended up like this “. Then she leaned her head back at the surface of her desk and looked back at the bouquet. 

What should I do now? “. She wondered.