Chapter 9

Accidentally Changing The Story of a Web Drama

Today will be the day that the crew will visit the village Byunghoon’s grandparents were living in, being a getaway for summer vacation after the end of school. Kyungmi, Minji, and Jinhee arrived first at the bus terminal with their luggage as they were waiting for the rest. 

“They’re here! “. Jinhee announced as she spotted Jooyoung and Jarim coming their way. The girls were smirking at them when they noticed their couple outfits, which consisted of blue T-shirts and black bottoms. 

“Hi! “. Jooyoung greeted as Jarim waved at them. 

“Oh~ A couple look! “. Jinhee teased. “It looks good on you, guys! “. She complimented them. 

“Right, right? “. Jooyoung beamed. 

“Shut up “. Jarim frowned in annoyance before slightly glaring at Minji, knowing that she was the one who told him about what outfit Jarim was wearing today. 

“It’s such a coincidence, right? We didn’t even plan it! “. He explained with pride. “We really are a match made in heaven! “. 

“Like hell, it's a coincidence. Be quiet and stay away from me “. She warned him. 

“Don’t. It’s our first couple look “. He pouted. Then Kyungmin came over and he was surprised when he saw Jooyoung wearing the same T-shirt as him, the only difference being that he was wearing red. 

“Ah? Yah, Gong Jooyoung, what the heck? Wearing a couple outfits with me? “. He asked. Kyungmi pressed a fist over her lips as she chuckled at how hilarious this situation looked. Kyungmin got excited as he jumped over his friend and began bragging. “Wow, we’re the Korean flag! We got two patriots here! “. Then he began singing the hymn of Korea. 

“Yah! Don’t you dare come near me “. Jooyoung warned him as he began following Jarim, who was leaving for the restroom. “Jarim! Wait up! “. Minji sighed as she checked her phone. 

“Why are those guys all late? “. She complained. 

“Sorry, we came from the internet cafe “. Kyungwoo said as he came along with someone Kyungmi immediately recognized. “Jung Sanghoon, he is friends with the boys and went to the same middle school and ultimately he will have a crush on Minji during this trip. I guess I have no power to change the story anymore since it’s going on its way. Then it means my plan to get Kyungwoo and Minji together is doomed “. She pouted at the thought. “Right, I’m sure they will end up together somehow in one of the episodes, let’s just quietly wait “. 

“You came? “. Kyungmi flashed a small smile at Kyungwoo, who stood next to her. He nodded in affirmation with a smile too. 

“Why would you go to an internet cafe on the day we made plans? “. Minji complained but her eyes then landed on Jung Sanghoon and looked at the guys in confusion. “But who is that? “. 

“We went to the same middle school. Jung Sanghoon. He’s coming with us “. Kyungwoo explained. Then he presented the girls. “These boys with long hair are Yang Minji, Hong Jinhee, and Choi Kyungmi “. Kyungmi scoffed as she nudged him on the ribs while Minji kicked him on the leg. Kyungwoo groaned in pain as he supported his hand over Kyungmi’s shoulder. Minji then flashed a bright smile and greeted Sanghoon. 

“Hi! “. 

“Hello “. Sanghoon greeted back. Then Kyungmi and Jinhee greeted him as well. 

“Oh! Wait a minute? “. Jinhee then scanned Kyungmi and Kyungwoo’s outfits. “What are you guys? Another couple outfits? “. She pointed out their outfits, with Kyungwoo wearing a simple skylight blue shirt with a pair of dark blue jeans and white sneakers, while Kyungmi was wearing a skylight blue blouse with dark blue jean shorts and white sneakers as well. Kyungmi and Kyungwoo looked at each other and her eyes widened at the sight of wearing similar clothes. 

“Yah~ Is another couple getting born? “. Kyungmin teased. 

“I-It’s not like that! “. Kyungmi blushed as she shook her hand in denial. “This is really a coincidence! “. 

“Yah, now that I think about it Kyungwoo really do care about you in comparison with us. And you guys are together all the time. Aren’t you guys secretly dating or something? “. Jinhee eyed with suspicion at them. 

“Does taking care of Kyungmi mean that I like her? Are you dumb? “. Kyungwoo scoffed while shaking his head. “It’s because we are friends, that’s all “. 

“Yeah “. Kyungmi agreed with him, although she felt kind of hurt when he said it like that. At the same time, Kyungwoo also felt disappointed when Kyungmi denied that she liked him since he hoped it was the opposite. Jinhee pouted at their responses before checking her phone to look for any signs of Ahram.

“Is Ahram not coming? “. She asked. 

“Let’s just go “. Kyungwoo suggested. “Her coming will mean less food for us “. Then he got startled when he received a slap from Ahram’s bag on his back, startling Kyungmi as well, so he instinctively wrapped an arm around her for protection. 

“It could also mean one less mouth to feed. Got that? “. Ahram glared at him before standing next to Kyungmi’s left side. Kyungwoo noticed his arm was wrapped around Kyungmi, at the same time she noticed it too and both of them separated away from each other while looking away in awkwardness.  

“Hi, hyung! “. A slim and tall guy next to Ahram greeted him, and Kyungmi recognized him as Namgoong Jisoo, Ahram’s junior from the fitness center. He also practices boxing with Ahram. 

“What the? What are you doing here? “. Kyungwoo looked surprised at him. 

“Yah, you punk. Why don’t you say hi to me? “. Kyungmin protested as he looked at Jisoo. The latter bowed at him with a slight pout on his lips. 

“What? Do you know each other? “. Ahram asked. “He’s my junior from the gym. He said he wanted to come too “. 

“Did we ever say okay? Did we even discuss it? “. Kyungmin asked, dumbfounded that he never knew about the guy’s arrival. 

“We talked about it between us “. Ahram said, referring to the girls. Plus, we’re going with boys anyway. Is there any difference if another one comes along? “. 

“Jeez. What about our opinions? “. Kyungmin retorted. 

“You knew noona? I had no idea I’d see you at a place like this “. Jisoo beamed. 

“Yeah, it’s been a while “. Kyungwoo smirked. 

“Yah, say hi to my friends “. Ahram said to Jisoo, pointing at Kyungmi, Minji, and Jinhee. Jisoo looked at them and gasped in surprise while covering his mouth with a hand. 

“Such a childish kid like you has such grownup friends? “. He joked. 

“He's so cute “. Jinhee complimented him. “Hi! “. She and Minji waved at him. 

“Noona, can I date your friends? “. Jisoo whispered after leaning closer to Ahram’s ear. 

“Hmm “. She nodded before saying. “Yah, he asked if he can date you guys “. 

“How can you just tell them that? “. Jisoo complained in embarrassment. Minji scoffed in delight. 

“Cute! You’re tall and you work out? “. She asked. “Pass! “. Jisoo beamed and then eyed Jinhee. 

“I’ll have to see “. Jinhee replied, which Jisoo pouted before turning his attention toward Kyungmi. The girl just awkwardly laughed as she rubbed the back of her neck. 

“Sorry….not into younger guys “. She apologized and his shoulders deflated in defeat. Kyungwoo slightly smirked at her comment, feeling somehow relieved that he might have a chance with her. 

“Yah, Lee Kyungwoo! “. Everyone turned around to see Jarim at the other side, motioning him to come. 

“I will be back “. Kyungwoo looked at everyone but especially at Kyungmi while patting her arm before heading toward Jarim. Kyungmi lightly exhaled in relief after feeling pressure being by his side, and the gesture he did kind of didn’t help her unstoppable beating heart. After ten minutes, Kyungwoo came back along with Jooyoung and Jarim. From the blush on Jooyoung’s face, Kyungmi could guess that he was embarrassed after he was left with no toilet paper after doing the number 2. “I would also be embarrassed if I was him “. She empathizes with him. 

“Hi, hyung “. Jisoo greeted Jooyoung with a smile. 

“What the heck? “. Jooyoung smiled with surprise. “Why are you here? “. 

“I came along with Ahram noona “. Jisoo explained. Jooyoung nodded in understanding. 

“Let’s talk later. It’s time now, so let’s go “. Ahram said while checking her wristwatch and passed her back to her junior. “Turn around guys. Let’s go, let’s go “. 

“Wait “. Kyungmi stopped them from moving. “Aren’t we missing someone? “. 

“Really, who? “. Kyungmin asked while thinking of who might be missing. Kyungmi rolled her eyes at the same time Byunghoon appeared. 

“Oh! You all came! “. Byunghoon smiled as he waved at the rest while Kyungmin’s mouth dropped on the floor, he couldn’t believe he had almost forgotten about the main person who invited all of them. 

“I think it’s too much that everyone forgot about him aside from his birthday, don’t you think? “. Kyungmi sighed while shaking her head. 

“Wow, I’m so moved “. Byunghoon faked crying. “The only person who cares about me is Kyungmi “. 

“Stop fooling and go already. Because of you, we all are going to be late “. Kyungwoo scolded him. 

“Alright! Let’s get going “. Byunghoon told them before guiding them to the bus they should take. Kyungwoo looked at Kyungmi and then stretched an arm, indicating the direction. 

“Come on “. Kyungmi nodded as she and Kyungwoo walked side by side despite their feelings for each other. 

 

Everyone hopped in the bus as they were heading to the back to take seats. All the girls were sitting at the back since there were five seats there. Kyungmi was about to sit down next to Jarim when Jooyoung came faster and sat down next to her. 

 

“Yah, Gong Jooyoung “. Kyungmi looked at him in disbelief. 

“Yah, what are you doing? “. Jarim with irritation at him. Jooyoung just smiled at her before facing Kyungmi. 

“Sorry, but I want to sit with Jarim during the trip. Do me this favor, please? “. He begged as he showed her his clasped hands of pleading. Kyungmi sighed as she shook her head before looking for an empty spot. 

“Yah “. Kyungwoo called her as he grabbed her wrist. “Come sit with me “. He said while pointing at the seat by the window. 

“Huh? “. She blinked at him with surprise while Jinhee and Ahram were eyeing them with mischievous smiles on their faces. 

“Yah, what about me? “. Byunghoon pouted in sadness since he was supposed to sit with him. 

“You can sit with Namgoong Jisoo “. Kyungwoo reasoned with him as he tugged on Kyungmi's arm to sit next to him. “What are you doing? Come and sit down“. 

“Oh…thank you ”. She nodded in gratitude before sitting next to him. She let out a sigh as she leaned her back against the cushion of the chair. 

“You seem tired “. He pointed out after seeing her dark circles. 

“Oh, I couldn’t sleep well last night “. She confessed. “Maybe I was too excited about this trip “. She smiled with embarrassment as she scratched her neck. He chuckled at her gesture as he nodded in understanding. 

“Then take a nap, it will be a long trip “. He suggested. 

“Should I? “. She seemed tempted to accept that since she’s been getting drowsy by now. “Won’t you be bored during the ride? “. 

“I’m also sleepy anyways “. He assured her with a small smile. She smiled with relief before telling him that she will go to sleep now. As the bus began moving, she was knocked out in five minutes. Kyungwoo chuckled in amusement at how fast she fell asleep. “She must have been tired “. He mumbled as he saw the sunbeams flashing on her face. He reached an arm to close the curtains of the window when her head fell on his shoulder. He froze in his spot as he could hear the loud beats of his heart. He cleared his throat as he carefully returned to his position and glanced at Kyungmi sleeping peacefully with her head on his shoulder. “This...doesn’t feel so bad “. He thought as a small smile appeared on his face as he tried to hide it in case his friends saw it. He glanced at her one more time before he also closed his eyes to take a nap as well. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

The ride was kind of long but after three hours, they managed to arrive at Byunghoon’s grandparents' house. Everyone began walking toward the large traditional house while admiring nature. As they stepped into the place, they saw Byunghoon’s grandparents coming to their way with welcoming smiles on their faces. 

“I’m here! “. Byunghoon announced as he ran toward them and gave a tight hug to his grandmother. 

“Aigoo! My boy! “. His grandmother beamed while patting his back. 

“Baeng Hoon, my little puppy! “. His grandfather said as he showed him his finger heart. Then the grandmother eyed his grandson in concern. 

“My boy, why are you so skinny? I’ll have to fill you up “. 

“Ah? I’ve gained two kilograms since last year- “. He was cut off when his grandmother slapped his mouth a few times to prevent him from finishing the sentence. 

“You have something on your lips there “. She said as an excuse. Then everyone bowed and greeted the elders. 

“Hello! “. 

“Hello there, welcome “. The grandmother greeted them in a welcoming way. “Aigoo….you guys are still as pale as ever “. Then he eyed Jisoo as she was surprised by his tall figure. “This one seems useful, though “. Jisoo then began to show his arm muscles off. “Goodness, who are these puppies? “. Everyone smiled at her comment. “Ah? “. She then looked at Ahram with surprise and began touching her arms and shoulders. “Oh, goodness. You’re very sturdy so you must be pretty strong “. Ahram awkwardly laughed while eyeing Byunghoon. “Do you have any plans of marrying my Byunghoon? “. Then Ahram immediately shook her head. 

“I don’t “. She giggled. “I came because he said you would make us a lot of delicious food “. 

“Look at how bold you are “. The grandmother said as she left her and went to Jarim. Ahram stopped and glared at Byunghoon. “Oh my. You have such a delicate face and a slim figure “. The grandma commented, referring to Jarim. “You remind me of my prime years “. 

“Gosh, don’t say such nonsense “. The grandpa replied. 

“Anyway, thank you for coming! Come in! Come in! “. 

“Yes! “. Then everyone started to head inside of the house. Kyungmi was amazed by the environment as it was the first time she had ever been in the countryside. Kyungwoo noticed her being left behind and decided to wait for her. 

“Do you like it? “. He asked as she nodded at him. 

“Yeah, I always wanted to come here “. She confessed. “I wondered what it would be like to visit this kind of place “. 

“The valley here is pretty. We can go hiking thereafter we put our luggage inside if you want “. He suggested. Her eyes sparkled in excitement and eagerly nodded. 

“Hey, let’s hurry and go to the valley! “. Kyungmin exclaimed. 

“Oh? The valley? “. Byunghoon’s grandma asked. “You can’t go there now “. 

“Why not? “. Byunghoon asked. 

“It rained so much last night, so the valley is flooded. It’s forbidden to go “. She explained. Kyungmi pouted with sadness at the news. 

“Grandma, you should’ve told us that before we left! “. Byunghoon complained. 

“Well, I thought the water would have gone once the sun rose today “. She responded before heading inside the house. 

“What should we do? “. Kyungwoo looked at Kyungmi with guilt. 

“It’s alright “. She assured him. “I’m sure we can go there before we go back to Seoul “. With that, she walked along the rest of the crew as Kyungwoo sighed, feeling guilty for making her hopes high. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

Inside of the house, which in the center was an open space with a large table, Kyunwoo, Kyungmin, Byunghoon, and Jisoo were refreshing themselves by playing with water guns while Kyungmi was just sitting there, laughing at their antics. The rest of the girls were inside of a room, doing nothing while wondering why they were here and being bored. Kyungmi wanted them to come out and have fun playing with the guys but they refused to get wet since they didn’t bring swimsuits. She came out since she didn’t mind getting drenched and she wanted to have fun by being with her friends. 

She gasped when she felt water on her as Kyungmin and Byunghoon were attacking her. 

“Oh my God! “. She laughed as she blocked the upcoming water with her hands, covering most of her face. “Yah, that’s unfair! “. Kyungmi stood up as she tried to run away from them. 

“Hey, stand behind me “. Kyungwoo suggested as he motioned her to come. She immediately ran toward him and stood behind him for protection. 

“Yah, that's no jam “. Kyungmin complained. “You shouldn’t protect her because she’s your girl “. 

“Yah Ahn Kyungmin, it will be better if you stay out, or else I will beat your “. Kyungmi retorted. 

“HA! As if! I would like to see you try “. Kyungmi smirked as she took the hosepipe from Kyungwoo. 

“You asked for it “. She then began spraying water at him as she moved closer to him. 

“Yah! I wasn’t ready! “. Kyungmin complained as he ran away. Kyungwoo laughed at the sight and then took the hosepipe from her as he continued the fight in her stead. Then Byunghoon went to the girls and motioned them to come out. 

“Yah, come out! Let’s play with water! “. He suggested. 

Kyungmi squealed when Jisoo sprayed her water on her face and Kyungwoo immediately blocked her with his body. She laughed when Jisoo told him to stop while spraying water in his ear. Kyungmi turned her attention toward the girls when she heard a squeal of annoyance from Minji after Kyungwoo accidentally sprayed water on her clothes. 

“Yah! This shirt isn’t for playing! “. She cried out as she dusted the water away from her clothes. 

“It’s the same for me! Once it’s wet, it becomes a swimsuit anyway “. Kyungwoo retorted. 

“Yah! “. Ahram shouted with anger as the boys and Kyungmi stopped playing with water and stared at her. “What does this become when it gets wet? “. She asked, referring to the snack she was just eating. 

“Oh…”. Kyungwoo smiled slightly. “A w-water snack? “. Ahram smirked before it fell away from her face. 

“You’re done for, darn it “. She threw her snack away as she began chasing him. Kyungmi pressed herself against the wall as Kyungwoo ran away from her while Ahram was holding a bucket filled with water. The boys continued with the water fight as Kyungmi went to the girls and sat down to take a rest. 

“So annoying! “. Minji cried out. “Are they elementary schoolers or what? “. She pouted as she kept dusting the water away from her outfit. “It was just dots of water….you should look how I look now “. Kyungmi thought as she looked down at her outfit, which was not waterproof, already drenched and she didn’t care about it. She wished girls would be more open to having fun. 

“You were going to spray that on me, weren’t you? “. Jarim accused him with a glare when Kyungmi noticed that Jooyoung was about to throw water from the bucket he was holding. 

“What? “. He asked, being caught red-handed by her. “No. It was for me “. he said as he poured the water over him. Kyungmi shook her head with a chuckle as the girls also laughed at him. 

“Wow, Jooyoung. Your ice bucket challenge is a big success! “. Byunghoon complimented him. Then he began taking his T-shirt off, exposing his slightly marked six-packs. Kyungmi’s eyes widened and immediately turned her head away to not look at it. “OMG! I remember this scene! If I were in my previous life I would have squealed with joy by the sight! Still...I want to take a peek at it….”. She then slowly glanced at him and mentally complimented his body figure. “Not bad for being Byunghoon “. 

“Wow, when you see Byunghoon, his body and all isn’t too bad “. Jinhee commented after seeing his muscular upper body. Jisoo, who heard her saying that, left the water gun down and began to take his T-shirt off too. Kyungmi couldn’t help but chuckle at how childish Jisoo was acting. She got startled when she heard Kyungwoo and Ahram’s screams as they returned, with Ahram splashing the water from the bucket at Jisoo. Ahram then cursed and threw the bucket before taking the hosepipe and spraying water at everyone. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

The first day at Byunghoon’s grandparents' place came to an end with a nice dinner served by his grandmother. Everyone was gathered at the table in the center, with the table filled with side dishes and BBQ. Kyungwoo and Jisoo were the ones in charge of cooking the meat while the rest were enjoying the food. 

 

“Hey, Byunghoon! This place has great dried daikon (radish)! It’s too delicious “. Ahram complimented. Kyungmi couldn’t agree more. Although she was eating a little, she was enjoying the flavors of the side dishes. She bit the tips of her chopsticks as she took a look around the table and noticed that everyone was so focused on eating that they weren’t aware of their surroundings, which she found funny. But she then glanced at Sanghoon, who was sitting next to her at the right side, staring with a smile at Minji, who was sitting across him in the middle. “Aigoo...his eyes are dripping honey “. She mentally sighed. “I won’t touch this topic, it’s out of my hands “. She shook her head as she looked back at Kyungwoo and Jisoo working hard in grilling the meat. She felt bad that they couldn’t join them so she decided to make wraps for them. She stood up and went toward them. 

“Jisoo-ah, here “. Kyungmi said as she held out a wrap of lettuce. 

“Oh! Thank you, noona! “. Jisoo thanked her as he accepted her wrap with his mouth. Kyungwoo kind of glared at him for being the first one to take it. 

“Kyungwoo-ah “. She then went to Kyungwoo’s side and held out the wrap. “Here, I didn’t put anything spicy “. Kyungwoo smiled at her for remembering his likes in food as he forgot the annoyance he was feeling toward Jisoo and accepted the wrap with his mouth as well. He nodded in satisfaction with how delicious the wrap tasted. 

“Thanks, you should go and eat “. Kyungwoo told her between munches. 

“I feel bad that you guys can’t join us to eat now “. She said while pursing her lips out. 

“We are almost done so go now and eat. I noticed you were eating little “. He pointed out. 

“I’m full though “. She confessed. 

“Eat some more meat “. He told her with a scolding gaze. 

“Alright “. She sighed and went back to the table. 

“Hyung “. Jisoo spoke. “Do you like Kyungmi noona? “. 

“What are you saying? “. Kyungwoo scoffed as he focused on grilling the meat. 

“I mean, by how the both of you take care of each other, I thought you like each other “. 

“I don't, stop saying nonsense “. Kyungwoo warned him.

“It doesn’t look like that in my eyes “. Jisoo mumbled as he tilted his head to the side in confusion and focused back on the grill. Kyungwoo then set his eyes on Kyungmi as he softly smiled by seeing her eating more meat just like he said, and wondered if it was right to have these feelings toward her. He had secrets that he didn’t want to reveal yet and felt like someone like Kyungmi didn’t deserve someone like him. But he couldn’t ignore the feelings he has toward her so he has been in a dilemma lately, whenever he should just confess to her or bury his feelings deep inside. Shaking his head, he focused back to finish grilling so he could go and eat. 

“Aish … mosquito! “. Minji complained as she swung her arms to the sides to slap the mosquitoes away from her. Kyungmi saw that and wondered if she should bring ointment for her now or later, but then she remembered that through Kyungwoo, Sanghoon would give his to her. Speaking of which, she glanced at her right side to see Sanghoon pulling an ointment for bugs out of the pockets of his shorts and grabbed Kyungwoo’s wrist to stop him from sitting before passing the ointment to him, asking him to give this to Minji in his stead. “Sanghoon-ah….just give it to her yourself, instead of making a misunderstanding “. Kyungmi mentally sighed as she shook her head. 

“This is the beauty of nature. What would a city girl like you know about it? “. Byunghoon mocked her before complaining about having a bug inside of his drink. 

“Yes, yes. Our amazing country city guy has made his entrance “. Kyungmin sighed while saying it with sarcasm. Kyungmi chuckled and shook her head. Then she noticed Kyungwoo approaching Minji with the ointment for insects in his hands and throwing it at her. 

“Apply some ointment “. Kyungwoo shortly said. 

“Ah...Thank you “. Minji stared at him with amusement as he just stared at her and walked toward where Kyungmi was and sat between her and Jooyoung. 

“Yah “. He called Kyungmi while looking at her. “You’re fine without any? “. “What’s this? This line was supposed to be for Jarim “. Kyungmi blinked at him before slowly nodding. He nodded in understanding before he started eating. Kyungmi slightly panicked since that means some part of the story changed. “More like a change of the character’s love interest….I’m sure I’m mistaken “. She wanted to believe that. Her thoughts vanished when Byunghoon’s grandmother came over. 

“Gosh, there is plenty of meat left so don’t be shy and eat to your heart’s content, alright? “. 

“Thank you! “. Everyone said in unison. 

“Sure, sure “. She replied as she walked away. Kyungmi was so full already as she put her chopsticks down. 

“Done eating? “. Kyungwoo asked while she nodded at his question. “Wow~ you really did eat the meat “. 

“That’s because you sounded so threatening “. She pursed her lips out. 

“Yah, you need to eat well so you won’t faint like last time “. He explained, referring to the time when they were working at the cafe. “What if we go to the valley and you suddenly faint? In the end, it will be me who suffers because I would have to carry you in my back “. 

“Have you gone crazy? “. Kyungmi scoffed as she lightly punched him in the arm. “Why would I go in your back? “. She shook her head in disbelief. Her phone rang before Kyungwoo could utter a word. “It’s my mom. I will be back “. She said as she left to take the call. Kyungwoo stared at her and exhaled. Then his eyes landed on Jooyoung, who was just giving him a smirk of knowledge. Kyngwoo cursed under his breath and decided to ignore him. He wasn’t ready to receive teases from him. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

The second day was hotter than yesterday and Kyungmi was glad that the weather was nice today. The only problem was...they were in the middle of a field of chili peppers. Byunghoon’s grandmother told them to bring chili peppers, meaning that all of them have to work under the hot sun. 

 

“Yah, the weather is great. Today will be another fun of…”. Jinhee said. 

“....farm work “. Minji finished the sentence. “Yah, did you call us here to do work? “. Minji complained as she gave Byunghoon a glare of accusation.

“We need to harvest it all before the rainy season “. Byunghoon explained. “Were you all planning on just eating and leaving? “. 

“You should’ve told us sooner! “. Jinhee exclaimed. 

“Whatever. This sort of experience is fun too, I guess “. Jarim forced a smile while looking at Byunghoon. The latter awkwardly smiled before continuing his work. Kyungmi sighed as she tried her best to harvest. Still, she found this fun and interesting. She fanned herself because of the hot weather, and she began to get thirsty. Just like a ghost, Kyungwoo came over and passed her a bottle of water. 

“Yah, here “. He told her. 

“What about you? “. She blinked at him with surprise. 

“Don’t worry, I have another one “. He assured her. 

“Oh...thank you then “. She softly smiled at him before opening the bottle and taking sips of water. She sighed in contentment after feeling the freshwater drenching her dry throat. Kyungwoo snickered at her reaction and walked back to his position. 

“Hey, does anyone have coke? I want something fizzy “. Jarim said after having a sip of water. 

“If there were, I would’ve drunk all of it “. Kyungwoo retorted. 

“I agree with Jarim “. Kyungmi sighed as she stood up. “I’m craving cider though “. She commented, which Kyungwoo looked at her, reminding himself that he would have to go to the minimarket to get some cider later. 

“Guys, let’s finish quickly so we can play! “. Byunghoon clapped to cheer them up. Everyone worked for a few hours, mostly two. Kyungmi finished wrapping a bag when Ahram came and took hers. 

“My hero~ “. Kyungmi beamed at her. Ahram winked at her and began taking another bag as well. Then she noticed Kyungwoo helping Minji by taking the bag from her, causing her to feel something stabbing her heart, in an annoying way. “Don’t tell me I’m feeling jealous? Writer, I thought I was just an extra in this story, so just let me live peacefully! “. Then she began hearing their conversation. 

“Don’t you have a boyfriend? “. He asked. 

“Why are you suddenly asking that? Why do you want to know? “. Minji looked at him with suspicion. 

“I mean, don’t you need a boyfriend to lift this stuff for you? “. He asked. 

“Not really, I already have a boyfriend-like friend who can carry this for me “. Minji retorted, at the same time Ahram came while holding two bags on her own and walked past them. Kyungmi knew that this part of the scene will be one of the reasons that Minji will misunderstand him as he likes her when in reality he asked it because of Sanghoon. Kyungmi decided to ignore it and went to Kyungmin to help him. 

Time kept passing and everyone began to grow tired. Kyungmi hit her arm with her fist as she felt it numb from harvesting for hours. 

“You should take a rest “. She turned around to see Kyungwoo looking at her with worry. 

“It's fine. I’m almost done “. She assured him and continued with what she was doing. He sighed but didn’t say anything as he also went back to work. 

“Does anyone have water? “. Jarim asked. But everyone responded by showing her their empty bottles. 

“Jarim-ah, I’ll go get water for you “. Jooyoung said as he stopped what he was doing and sped up to go back to the house to get water. Thirty minutes had passed but there weren't any signs of him. At that time, everyone finished and they gathered at the entrance to rest a little. Kyungmi exhaled as she sat next to Jarim while fanning herself with her hand. 

“Why is Gong Jooyoung taking so long? “. Jarim sighed in tiredness. 

“I know, right? He left to get water over half an hour ago “. Minji said with no energy left in her being. 

“Oh! “. Byunghoon looked surprised at the front. “Speaking of the devil “. Then everyone followed his gaze and saw Jooyoung walking back but in a rather strange way while holding a large bottle that didn’t look like water. 

“What’s wrong with him? “. Minji questioned and Kyungmi’s eyes widened when she remembered this scene. “Aish...I’m going crazy! When would I have a rest from this story? “. Kyungmi saw the blush on his cheeks as he kept babbling. 

“Ah? “. Then Jooyoung chuckled. “Yah, water. I brought water “. He babbled. Kyungmi stood up and walked toward him as she took the bottle from him. She opened it before taking a smell and almost coughed by how strong the smell was. 

“Aish...yah, you moron. This is alcohol! “. She exclaimed through her gritted teeth. 

“What’s going on? “. Kyungwoo came over as he stood in front of Jooyoung while looking at her. 

“I guess Jooyoung mistook alcohol as water “. Kyungmi sighed as she showed him the bottle. Kyungwoo exhaled in disbelief as he gently pushed her to the side and grabbed one of Jooyoung’s arms. 

“Yah, Jung Sang! Take him back with me “. Kyungwoo said as Sanghoon came over while grabbing Jooyoung’s other arm. 

“I have to give water to my darling. Where’s my darling? “. Jooyoung babbled with a whine. 

“Yah, you crazy idiot. Please, get a grip of yourself! “. Kyungmi squealed in embarrassment as she slapped Jooyoung’s lips to shut him up. 

“Yah, let’s go. Let's go “. Kyungwoo insisted before Jarim came over. 

“What’s wrong with him? “. She asked. 

“He must have drunk alcohol “. Kyungwoo told her. 

“Ah? My darling is here “. Jooyoung smiled like an idiot before shouting at the boys to release him. “Yah, Wang Jarim “. He pointed at her. “Don’t live like that “. Then Kyungmi went over to him and slapped her hand over his mouth to shut him. up. 

“Yah! Do you have a death wish? Don’t do it “. She warned him. 

“Don’t do what? “. He exclaimed as he pushed her away and she almost fell back if it wasn’t for Kyungwoo, who was behind her, and steadied her by grabbing her arms. Kyungwoo was glaring at Jooyoung as a warning to stop embarrassing himself, feeling annoyed that he almost hurt Kyungmi. 

“This crazy moron…”. Kyungmi cursed under her breath while staring at him with annoyance for pushing her. 

“Yah, even if I like you more, you’re always ‘don’t do this’, ‘don’t do that’. We are dating but I can’t do anything. What the heck? “. Jooyoung protested as Kyungmi sighed and she rubbed her forehead in concern since she saw Ahram walking toward them and she knew what would happen next. “What’s this, huh? “. 

“Yah, let's go “. Kyungwoo said as he grabbed Jooyoung’s arm again along with Sanghoon. 

“Let go of me “. Jooyoung told them. “Let go of me! “. Then Ahram hit Jooyoung on the neck and the latter fainted. Kyungmi slowly covered her opened mouth with both of her hands as she looked at Ahram with shock, just like the rest. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Everyone returned back to the house after the boys went to put Jooyoung to sleep while the girls washed up and changed clothes. Kyungmi and Byunghoon were sitting on the stairs while watching her friends and Jisoo playing Monopoly. She wondered if Jooyoung was okay, knowing that he would have a hangover once he woke up. 

“Hey “. She looked up to see Kyungwoo coming back and sat down on her right side. 

“Where did you go? “. She asked Kyungwoo. 

“To the market “. Then he pulled out a can of cider. “Here “. 

“You went there to get me this? “. 

“You said you wanted to drink it “. Kyungmi felt her heart skipping a beat. She didn’t expect him to actually buy what she wanted to drink, mostly to remember what she wanted to drink.

“T-Thanks…”. She looked forward as she opened the can and carefully took a sip of it. Then Kyungmin joined them and sat next to Byunghoon. 

“Gong Jooyoung is getting a mileage boost to his compilation of embarrassing moments “. Kyungmin sighed. “Did you see what he said to Wang Jarim earlier? That guy pretends he’s fine, but he’s got something pent up, I’m telling you “. 

“Did your grandparents not say anything? “. Kyungmi asked Byunghoon. “He drank alcohol, after all “. 

“No “. He shook his head. “On the contrary, they were worried “. 

“What about Gong Jooyoung? “. Jarim asked while staring at Kyungwoo. 

“If you’re worried, go see for yourself “.

“He must be fine then “. She replied. 

“Think whatever you want “. Kyungwoo retorted with a smirk. Kyungmi covered with her hand as she softly yawned from tiredness, after all the work she had done for the day. Kyungwoo noticed that and brought his shoulder closer to her. “ Lean on me if you want “. Kyungmi’s eyes widened at his proposition. 

“ I’m okay, I wouldn’t want to bother “. 

“ It’s alright, I don’t feel bothered at all “. He calmly said. She exhaled through her nose as she stared at his shoulder which looked quite comfy. 

“Then lend it to me for a few minutes “. She cleared as she slowly leaned her head against his shoulder. Just resting her head in there made her blush for no reason. The same goes for Kyungwoo as he felt his heart skipping a beat after her head made contact with his shoulder, remembering the time Kyungmi fell asleep on his shoulder on the bus. Then, Kyungmi focused her gaze on Jinhee, who just threw the dice, to get distracted from her palpitating heart.  

“One, two, three, four, five! “. Ahram exclaimed when Jinhee fell on her territory, which had a large building. “Buongiorno! Hand over 13,810,000 won! “. Ahram squealed in joy as she clapped. Kyungmi couldn’t help but chuckle when she saw Jinhee holding her one bill of 1,000 won. “Ciao ciao, ciao ciao “. 

“I’m doomed “. Jinhee sighed as she threw her 1,000 won bill to the floor. 

“Noona, should I try to save you? “. Jisoo asked but Ahram grabbed his ear and pulled it up. 

“Yah. Do you think she’ll survive? Huh?! “. She asked as she pulled it up harder, earning a whimper from him. 

“Yah “. Everyone turned to Sanghoon’s attention. “Where’s Gong Jooyoung? “. 

“He’s in the room “. Kyungmin replied. 

“He’s not in there “. Sanghoon replied. 

“There’s no way we wouldn’t have seen him get out of the room “. Kyungwoo said as Kyungmi removed her head from his shoulder so he could stand up and walk toward the room Jooyoung was staying in. Then he opened the door, and he was shocked when there were no signs of Jooyoung. “Yah, where’s this moron? “. 

 

Then everyone began to search for him, with the boys going around the villa to find Jooyoung while the girls were waiting for them outside of the house. Kyungmi tried to remember this scene since she saw it but for a reason, her memory wasn’t working. “I’m sure they will find him ”. Then the boys returned without him and she knew that they still didn’t find him. 

 

“Did you find him? “. Ahram asked while standing up. 

“I don’t think he’s around here “. Kyungmin sighed in tiredness. Kyungmi crossed her arms as she grew concerned about his disappearance. Jarim began calling him but he wasn’t answering his phone. 

“Did he leave his phone behind? “. She wondered. 

“Yah, let’s split up and look for him “. Kyungwoo suggested. “Everyone take your phones, and you girls stay here “. The girls nodded at him. “Let’s go “. Kyungmi’s eyes slightly widened when she made eye contact with him before he left. His gaze was telling her like he was promising her that he will come back soon. She exhaled as she rested a hand over her fast-beating heart. 

“Aish, yah “. Ahram turned to Jarim. “Do you have anywhere in mind? “. 

“Me? “. Jarim with confusion. 

“Yes, he’s your boyfriend. Can you think of anywhere he might go? “. Minji asked. Jarim thought for a moment. Kyungmi then looked at Jarim, as she remembered something from the story. 

"Yah, you said you wanted to drink cola before, right? ". She questioned. "Don't you think he went to a market or something? ". Jarim looked at her with confusion until it hit her. 

“You guys stay here, I might know where he is “. Jarim said before leaving. 

“Meanwhile, let’s wait inside. It’s getting colder now “. Ahram suggested as she wrapped an arm around Minji’s shoulder while Jinhee embraced Kyungmi and guided her inside.