Chapter 11

Accidentally Changing The Story of a Web Drama

August came by, meaning summer vacations were coming to an end. Kyungmi decided to make her last days of vacation worth it by doing some shopping since she wanted to buy new autumn clothes. She decided to go alone since the rest of the girls were at Ahram’s fitness center to learn boxing. “Since I’m not into sports, I would rather go shopping “. She would have gone to the internet cafe but it was also the day the boys were playing basketball with some of their seniors. She went through shop to shop at the mall center while looking for cute outfits that could combine with the white shorts she was wearing right now. She finally found a navy blue knitted sweater with buttons and she immediately changed into it. As she walked out of the shop, she accidentally bumped into someone. 

 

“I’m sorry- “. Kyungmi said as she looked up and saw a tall girl with black hair and bangs, also apologizing to her but also stopping short when she looked at her. 

“Choi Kyungmi? “. The girl asked and Kyungmi was surprised that she knew her. “Damn it, did she go to my middle school before? Who is she? “. 

“Who…? “. Kyungmi asked as she acted like she didn’t recognize her. 

“It’s me! Nam Yuri! We went to the same middle school and we were in the same class for two years “. The girl said as she pointed at herself. 

“Nam Yuri? “. “Nam Yuri? I think I heard her name somewhere, where was it? “. She thought and her eyes widened as she remembered. “OMG! This is Nam Yuri, Kyungwoo’s ex-girlfriend from middle school! HOW DOES SHE KNOW ME?! “. Then she yelped in pain when she felt a sharp pinch on the side of her head as scenes of her and Yuri came across her mind. “What are those memories? We used to be friends? “. Kyungmi groaned in pain as she felt like collapsing if it weren’t for Yuri to catch her on time. 

“Yah, are you okay? “. Yuri stared at her with concern. 

“Oh? “. Kyungmi blinked in confusion before slowly nodding at her. “Yeah, I’m fine…”. She said as she rubbed her temple to ease the pain. 

“This won’t do “. Yuri sighed as he linked arms with her. “Follow me “. She said as she began tugging her to a nearby cafe. 

“Huh? Wait “. Kyungmi wanted to protest to her but it was already late. They arrived at a cozy coffee shop and both of them sat down on a table with armchairs. Kyungmi glanced around the place as she felt awkward being on the same table with Yuri, which by the way, she wondered what kind of relationship she had with the Kyungmi of the past. 

 

“Drink this “. Yuri said as she passed Kyungmi a glass of lemon iced tea. 

“Thanks…”. Kyungmi thanked her as she grabbed the glass and took a careful sip of the drink. Yuri gently smiled at the sight as she clasped her hands together. 

“It’s good to see you again “. She commented, with Kyungmi looking up at her. “For now, let’s pretend that I know her “. Kyungmi thought. 

“Yeah…”. Kyungmi awkwardly chuckled.  “I didn’t recognize you, since you got prettier! “. Yuri chuckled at her compliment. 

“Same goes for you, although you were always pretty “. Kyungmi just laughed as she didn’t know what to say next. “So, in which school are you attending now? “. Yuri asked, continuing the conversation to break the awkwardness. 

“Huh? Oh ... .Yisan Information High School “. Kyungmi replied. “And you? “. 

“Yeokdong High School “. She responded. 

“I see “. Kyungmi nodded in understanding. 

“It’s really nice to see you after a long time….”. Yuri said with awkwardness. “Although we aren’t in terms to talk “. “Oh my god, did the Kyungmi from the past also left her for pathetic friends?  “. 

“Did I perhaps….left you because I made new friends? “. Kyungmi tried to guess. Yuri looked surprised at her.

“You don’t remember? “. Yuri blinked. “I….”. She cleared before revealing it to her. “I became distant with you because I began hanging out with ‘cool’ guys...and after an incident that happened two years ago, we stopped talking “. “Of course, I remember, since I watched the end of episode 18. Aish, I should have had that accident after watching all the episodes “. 

“Oh, was it? “. Kyungmi scratched the back of her neck. 

“Maybe you don’t remember “. Yuri exhaled. “Well...it’s better not to remember. I feel so ashamed of myself for abandoning a friend like you….I’m so sorry “. 

“Yah, what are you saying? “. Kyungmi looked at her with concern. “I don’t know what you are referring to, but it’s in the past. So it’s okay now “. She assured her. 

“Really? “. Yuri asked as her eyes began to become teary. 

“Really “. Kyungmi chuckled in assurance. “Also….I have a reason for why I don’t remember anything….”. 

“Which is? “. Yuri wondered. 

“I don’t know if you saw the news from the beginning of the year, but I was in an accident. I got hit by a car and lost consciousness. Since then I don’t remember anything about my past, and also I can’t recognize people...that’s why I couldn’t recognize you “. Kyungmi bit her bottom lip out of embarrassment. She felt embarrassed that she must encounter people from her past and give them this explanation, feeling afraid that they won’t believe her. She wouldn’t have believed it if she was them. 

“So that’s what happened….”. Yuri nodded in understanding. “But why didn’t you say that earlier? “. Kyungmi softened as she smiled a little. 

“It’s embarrassing….”. She confessed. “Because it feels like an excuse to try to pretend that I don’t know that person….”. 

“Why is this something embarrassing? “. Yuri exclaimed in disbelief. “It can happen to anyone! It’s their fault to think like that “. Kyungmi blinked in surprise and she couldn’t help but chuckle. 

“It feels nice to meet someone who I can barely remember defending me “. 

“Then...are you okay now? “. 

“Mm….aside from not remembering everything, I’m fine “. Kyungmi said. “Whenever I try to remember my past, I get migraines so it’s making it difficult whenever I meet people from my past, or whenever I have talks with my mom “. Yuri looked at her with pity and Kyungmi chuckled when she noticed that look. “Don’t look at me like that. I’m really fine “. She assured her. “Instead of wanting to remember the past, I would like to create memories of the present….although it would be nice to know more about me “. She then leaned closer to her. “So, what was the incident that you were talking about? “. 

“Huh? “. Yuri then let out a laugh of nervousness before shaking her head. “It’s nothing serious….Maybe with time, I can tell you “. 

“Alright “. Kyungmi chuckled as she nodded in agreement. “By the way, did you say you go to Yeokdong High School? “. She asked as she nodded. “Then you must be with Kang Seri, too “. 

“We do, but in different classes “. Yuri explained. 

“Really? “. Kyungmi pouted. “It would have been nice if you guys were in the same class “. 

“Yeah...but Seri made her own friends while I did mine, so…..”. Kyungmi exhaled through her nose while staring at her. She wanted to mend her friendship with Yuri just like she did with Seri, but the only problem was that she was Kyungwoo’s ex-girlfriend and if he ever sees her hanging out with his ex, he might have a mental breakdown and never talk to her again. “Well, who cares, if this happens, at least I will still have my friends “. Kyungmi thought as she held out her hand. 

“Give me your phone”. Yuri looked confused at her but didn’t question and passed her phone to her. Kyungmi thanked her as she grabbed it as dialed her number on Yuri’s phone before calling from it. Once she received Yuri’s number on her phone, she saved it as well as she saved hers in Yuri’s phone before passing it to her. “That’s my phone number. I’m also doing Instagram so if you have one we should follow each other “. Yuri was dazed to even utter a word. “I’m saying that we should contact each other more often and meet sometimes. Ah! “. She clasped her hands together. “How about a meeting along with Seri? “. 

“That would be nice “. Yuri smiled as she nodded in agreement, liking the idea. Kyungmi beamed as they began talking about their current school life while having shakes as drinks. 

“Do you have a boyfriend? “. Yuri asked her as a way to change topics. 

“No “. Kyungmi chuckled. “Since in my school, there aren’t pretty boys “. 

“Whoa, really? “. Yuri then leaned forward. “Then should I set you a blind date? “. 

“Forget it “. Kyungmi sighed as she waved her hand to the sides. “I had enough with the blind dates because of Seri “. Yuri chuckled at her gesture. “How about you? “. 

“Not...yet “. Yuri mumbled as she blushed. 

“SHUT.UP! “. Kyungmi leaned forward with a grin. “Are you guys a some? Is he handsome? “. Yuri said nothing as she unlocked her phone, went through the gallery, and showed her a picture of her crush. “Oh my God~ “. Kyungmi took the phone and gaped at it. “He's hot! Does he go to the same school as you? “. She asked as she returned the phone. 

“Yeah “. Yuri nodded. “His name is Bok Daeyoung. I will present to you someday when we are official “. 

“I will anticipate it “. Kyungmi giggled and turned at her phone when it began vibrating. “Give me a moment “. She looked at Yuri before staring at the screen of her phone. It was Lee Kyungwoo. She cleared before answering it. “What? “. 

“What are you doing? “. 

“I’m at a cafe with a friend. Why? “. 

“The guys and I are playing basketball and we need someone to cheer for us “. 

“So what? Do you think I’m a cheerleader? Go ask Jarim “. 

“Gong Joo already did and he was turned down “. Kyungmi sighed as she checked at the time.

“Where are you? “. When he gave her the address, she was surprised. “Oh? I’m actually at the mall near there “. 

“Then you have more reasons to come “. 

“Are you crazy? Why should I? “. 

“Come on, just this once “. Kyungmi exhaled as she glanced at Yuri. 

“I really can’t…”. 

“I will give you gemstones for LOL “. That immediately called her attention and rapidly agreed. 

“Call. I will be there in 7 minutes “. She hung up as Yuri asked. 

“Who was it? “. 

“Ah~ a friend from school. He said he wanted me on the basketball court to cheer for them. Sorry if I have to leave you now “. Kyungmi pouted at her. 

“It's alright. We can meet next time “. She assured her. “Go, don’t make him wait “. 

“It was nice seeing you again “. Kyungmi smiled at her. “I will contact you soon! “. Kyungmi waved at her before standing up and leaving the coffee shop. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

As promised, Kyungmi arrived 7 minutes later at the basketball court. She spotted the boys resting at one corner and went there. 

 

“Your cheerleader has arrived “. Kyungmi greeted them with open arms. 

“What? What are you doing here? “. Kyungmin asked as everyone stood up. 

“Why do you think so? “. She then glanced at Kyungwoo. “This moron called me to cheer upon you “. She sighed. “Do you know what I agreed to leave a friend behind, gemstones for LOL. Now I feel bad about her “. 

“You will get the stones as long as you do your best in cheering us up “. Kyungwoo retorted. 

“Aish...stingy moron “. She mumbled, making him laugh. 

“And what do we have here? “. Everyone turned around to see a blonde guy approaching them with a smirk on his face. “Kyungwoo, I thought you said you didn’t have girls “. Kyungmi frowned as she recognized him as Choi Jungwoo, who had a crush on Jarim when she was in middle school. She wished she could go to him and give him a punch for being a jerk toward her but refrained from being violent. 

“She’s Choi Kyungmi, a friend from our high school “. Byunghoon explained and he turned to her. “This is a hyung we know, say hi “. 

“Hello….”. Kyungmi bowed at him with wary eyes. 

“Nice to meet you “. He then scanned her from head to toe. “Yah~ you are freaking pretty “. Kyungmi forced a smile as she looked uncomfortable with his presence. “Do you have a boyfriend? “. She wanted to reply that she did so he could stop bothering her when Kyungmin blurted. 

“Actually, she’s Kyungwoo’s girlfriend “. Kyungmi’s eyes widened and turned around to face him while muttering words like ‘What the hell are you talking about? ‘. 

“Really? “. Jungwoo eyed her. “It doesn’t seem so “. 

“It's true “. Kyungwoo replied as he naturally rested his arm around her shoulders. “We are trying to keep it in low profile so we look a little awkward “. He calmly said. Kyungmi cleared as she kept her gaze on Jungwoo. 

“I see “. He nodded in understanding. “Anyway, it was nice meeting you, Choi Kyungmi “. He said and she replied by bowing at him. When he left, Kyungmi immediately turned to Kyungmin and pretended to hit him. 

“Yah, Ahn Kyungmin, are you crazy?! Why would you say that?! “. She cried out. 

“It was necessary! “. He explained. “That punk was eyeing you as his next meal, I just saved your “. Kyungmi cursed under her breath and pretended to hit him again. 

“Kyungmin did the right thing “. Kyungwoo said. “That hyung is dangerous so try to stay away from him “. 

“Okay “. She sighed. Then they heard the seniors calling for them to go back playing. “Go. I will cheer you up from here “. Kyungmi said as she was about to sit down when Kyungwoo stopped her. 

“Were you going to cheer us up while sitting down? “. 

“Then you expected me to stand up for the next 45 minutes? With this heat? “. She retorted at him. Kyungwoo hummed as he acknowledged her that she got a point and made her sit on his sports bag. 

“Your shorts will get dirty if you just sit on the floor so sit here “. 

“Oh….thank you “. Kyungmi nodded in gratitude. Kyungwoo then left and the rest followed him. “Good luck! “. She cheered for them as she looked at them playing. 

 

Although she made her effort to cheer them up, they ended up losing, much to her dismay. The guys excused themselves as they made their way to the bathroom. Kyungmi sighed as she fanned herself from the heat. These days have been getting hotter and she wondered how she will survive for the next few days before the rainy season. 

 

“So you are Kyungwoo’s girlfriend? “. She looked up and frowned when she saw Jungwoo bending down near her. “Let me give you some advice “. He started. “Wrap Kyungwoo around your fingers as much as possible. He has tons of girls around him so if you don’t want to lose him, you better please him. You know what I mean? “. Kyungmi shook with rage as she clenched her fists from his words. She forced a smile as she nodded. 

“Thanks for the advice. I will keep that in mind “. She managed to reply despite her anger. 

“And...if you happen to break up with him…”. He winked at her. “You can find me in the internet cafe near your school. I work there “. With that, he left to get his things. She scoffed in disbelief as she looked away, trying to contain her anger. Just then, she heard a familiar voice. 

“Excuse me….Is Gong Jooyoung here? “. Kyungmi’s eyes widened as she looked up to see Jarim here. “Jooyoung must have called her to come. This is bad timing “. 

“He went to the washroom to wash up “. A senior explained. 

“Wang Jarim? “. Choi Jungwoo called her and Kyungmi stood up as she saw how rigid Jarim became. Then she saw her running away. “Yah, Wang Jarim! “. 

“Jarim-ah! “. Kyungmi called her but stopped when she knew that following her wouldn't be a good idea. She cursed under her breath as she combed her hair with her fingers. Then the boys came back from the other side of the court. 

“Did Jarim come? “. Jooyoung asked and Kyungmi immediately looked at them with panicked eyes. Kyungwoo noticed it and immediately went to her. 

“What happened? “. He whispered to her. 

“That….”. She bit her bottom lip when she saw Jungwoo approaching Jooyoung with a smirk on his face. Kyungwoo followed her gaze. 

“Is the girl you are dating Wang Jarim? “. Jungwoo suddenly asked. Kyungmi closed her eyes as she didn’t know what to do with this situation. 

“Hyung, do you know Jarim? “. Jooyoung hesitantly asked. 

“Do I just know her? I used to date her “. Jungwoo smugly retorted, then the guys looked at each other with shock at the news. “Date her my . All you did was persuade her and then give her a heartbreak. Because of you, she has trust issues toward boys “. Kyungmi thought, finding him shameless and brazen for lying about this, making her angry. Kyungwoo noticed that but decided to not ask her now. 

“What are you saying? “. Jooyoung spoke with confusion and uneasiness. “She said she never had a boyfriend “. 

“Ah? She said that? “. Jungwoo smirked. “Well...I remember going out with her. Maybe not? “. Then he chuckled. “Anyway, now I understand how you never had physical contact with her. She’s got a huge iron wall up. So I told you, you should learn from me “. “This son of a b*tch really…..”. She mentally cursed at him as she wanted to launch at him and tore him into pieces. 

“Hyung “. Jooyoung said with seriousness. “Where did Jarim go? “. Jungwoo smirked as he indicated the way Jarim left with his finger. 

“That way “. With that, Jooyoung ran after her. As the seniors were leaving, the guys surrounded Kyungmi for questions. 

“Yah, is it true? “. Kyungmin asked. 

“Jarim did date Jungwoo hyung? “. Byunghoon questioned. 

“It’s….It’s hard to explain...I can’t tell you guys anything since it’s Jarim’s story “. 

“Come on, tell us! “. Kyungmin begged. 

“Yah, stop it “. Kyungwoo said as he blocked them from asking her more questions. “It’s not up to her to give the side of the story. Let’s wait for Jooyoung to talk to Wang Jarim and see if it’s true or not “. The guys sulked but agreed with his statement. Kyungwoo looked back at her and saw how she was trembling, misunderstanding it as fear instead of anger. He exhaled through his nose as he swung his sports bag over his shoulder and rested his hands over her shoulders. That gesture snapped her out of her mind and looked at him. 

“Huh? “. 

“Are you okay? “. 

“Yeah...I’m fine “. Then they saw Jooyoung coming back with a gloomy expression on his face. As he was packing his stuff, they saw Jungwoo approaching them. 

“Did Wang Jarim go? She looked better with long hair “. Jungwoo tried to provoke. Kyungwoo slightly glared at Jungwoo as he glanced at Jooyoung for reactions. The latter did nothing as he stood up and took his bag. “That’s too bad “. Jungwoo smirked. Jooyoung said nothing before walking away. Then the rest followed him, with Kyungmi and Kyungwoo being the last to get out of the court. 

“Come on, let’s go “. Kyungwoo said as he grabbed her hand, making her heart skip a beat despite the situation, as he pulled her along. Kyungwoo glanced at Jungwoo one more time before dragging her out and following the guys. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Kyungmi was so immersed in her thoughts, thinking about what happened today, to the point that she didn’t hear Kyungwoo’s voice. She jumped a little when he called her for the third time and looked up at him. 

 

“I said we arrived “. 

“Oh….”. She looked at her building before glancing at their intertwining hands and she immediately pulled her hand out from his. “Sorry….”. 

“You seem shocked about what happened today…”. Kyungwoo said as checked her reactions. 

“I’m not shocked….More like I’m angry “. She confessed. 

“About what? “. 

“About that oppa….”. She exhaled through her nose. “I just….”. She sighed. “Aside from what happened with Jarim, I got angry because of the words he said to me “. Then Kyungwoo frowned with seriousness. 

“What did he say to you? “. 

“Nothing, just….he said that since I’m your ‘girlfriend’, I should make sure to please you since you are surrounded by a lot of girls, and….”. 

“And? “. She looked up at him, whenever it was right to say this to him. 

“If we happen to ‘break up’, I should meet him “. She sighed as she finished. “I got so angry as if I was like an easy girl he could date with. Although I don’t want to say this, I know how much of a jerk he was with Jarim “. She then glanced at Kyungwoo clenching his fist tightly. “Yah….are you okay? “. She asked as she grabbed his fist. Kyungwoo snapped out from his thoughts and looked at her. She blinked in confusion at his reaction, never in her life did she see him this angry….well, excluding from how she saw him in the drama. 

“I’m fine “. He assured her. “You should go “.

“Okay “. She nodded as she released his hand. 

“Thanks for cheering for us, although the situation didn’t end well “. She slightly smiled and shook her head. 

“I will contact you later “. She waved at him before heading toward the building. Kyungwoo let out a heavy exhale as he ruffled his hair in frustration. Of course, he was angry because of the words Jungwoo said to Kyungmi. If he could, he would go right to the guy and have a fight, but he didn’t want things to get complicated so he decided to remain calm and wait for how things would turn. Without thinking much, he went home. Out of nowhere, an unknown figure walked out of the alley as that person crushed the can of soda it had on its hand, expressing anger after watching the interaction between the pair. 

“Choi Kyungmi….you dare to hang out with that son of a b*tch? “. A male voice muttered as he glared at the figure of Lee Kyungwoo entering his house at the same time Kyungmi stepped into the building. With a last glance in that direction, that person left. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

The next day, Kyungmi, Minji, and Ahram, decided to go and visit Jarim to comfort her as well as listen to her encounter with Choi Jungwoo. 

 

“You haven’t gotten any more texts from Gong Jooyoung? “. Minji asked as Jarim nodded in response. “Gosh, does this make sense? Who knew you’d meet Choi Jungwoo again? “. 

“Yah. Why aren’t you saying anything to Gong Jooyoung? It’s not like you even dated that guy “. Ahram pointed out. “That jerk was toying with you from the start. How’s that dating? Tell Gong Jooyoung things as they are “. 

“That’s right “. Kyungmi agreed. “You should tell him what happened to prevent a misunderstanding. 

“I’d have to tell him every single detail just to explain that we didn’t date “. Jarim exhaled through her nose. “It’s a bit difficult and exhausting, to be honest “. 

“What? If it were me, I’d find it harder to bear if he misunderstands things “. Minji commented. 

“You’ve done nothing wrong in regards to what happened with that jerk “. Ahram said. 

“Plus you said they know each other. What if he says weird stuff to Gong Jooyoung? “. Minji spoke as Kyungmi nodded in agreement. “Gosh, what’s all this? You guys were doing fine ". She whined as Kyungmi sighed at how frustrating this situation turned out. She pulled her phone out when she received a message from her mother asking for a favor. 

 

Mom: My daughter~ are you busy? I remembered that we ran out of some stuff. Can you go to the market and buy them? I can’t go because I will finish late and by the time I go to the market it might be close. 

 

Kyungmi hummed as she replied back. 

 

KyungM: Oki doki, send me the list. I will go now. 

 

“Sorry girls, but I have to leave “. Kyungmi said as she stood up. 

“Going already? “. Minji pouted.

“Mom asked me to go for errands “. She looked at her with guilt and then looked at Jarim. “Cheer up, Jarim. I’m sure you will find a solution to solve the misunderstanding with Jooyoung “. 

“Thank you “. Jarim slightly smiled at her. 

“Then I’m going first. See you guys later “. Kyungmi bid goodbye to them before walking out of Jarim’s apartment. She went to the supermarket nearby by taking the bus and went to get the things her mother asked her to buy. It took her almost two hours to finish buying everything before heading back home. As she made her way back, she halted when she saw Choi Jungwoo waiting at the entrance of the building’s ground. “What’s that jerk doing here? “. She mumbled as she was about to confront him when she saw Jarim and the girls coming out and Kyungmi hid behind the wall. She watched as Jarim bid goodbye to the girls before turning back only to face that jerk. Kyungmi cursed under her breath as she listened to their conversation, more like watching over Jarim, in case that guy decides to harm her. 

 

“Wang Jarim “. Jungwoo called her as he approached her. “It’s been a while. Why did you just leave last time? “. Jarim said nothing as she began talking past him when he grabbed her wrist. “I’m your ex-boyfriend, you shouldn’t ignore me like this. Let’s have a chat “. 

“That jerk seriously….”. Kyungmi muttered under her breath. 

“I’m actually glad to see you “. He commented. “Aren’t you? “. Jarim then yanked her wrist away from his grip. 

“Who’s my ex-boyfriend? I don’t know what you’re thinking, acting as you know me “. 

“Wow, aren’t you speaking too rudely? You’re even dropping formalities now “. 

“You used to say you wanted me to “. She retorted. 

“Was your personality always like this? “. Jarim scoffed when he said that. 

“You’re the one who was rude first. It was right here. You don’t even remember, do you? “. “Right….that idiot was dating an older girl by the time he was trying to seduce Jarim and he even underestimated her to the point that made her feel insecure and heartbroken by his harsh words, such a player jerk  “. Kyungmi looked behind Jarim and her eyes widened when she saw Jooyoung witnessing the scene. “Oh my God! What should I do in this situation? “. “Even if you may have forgotten everything, I remember how much of an you were “. 

“How scary “. He scoffed with a mocking chuckle. Then he made eye contact with Jooyoung and his smirk deepened. “Our Jarim…”. He reached his hand to caress her hair when she slapped it away. “You’ve gotten so much cooler. Are you really the girl who got all shy when we kissed? “.  

“Who said I kissed….”. Jarim wanted to protest when he cut her off. 

“Yah, your boyfriend is here “. Jungwoo said while pointing at Jooyoung with his chin. Jarim froze as she turned around to see Jooyoung staring at her with a gloomy expression. Jungwoo smirked as he rested a hand over her shoulder. “See you again “. Kyungmi had enough of his plays. She turned around and walked to an alley before turning to the left side, so that she could meet with that jerk and confront him. When she stopped, she put the groceries to a side on the floor and waited for him to appear, leaning her back against the wall with her arms crossed. She looked up and saw the jerk approaching and she called him. “Oh? Kyungwoo’s girlfriend! “. He smiled as he approached her. “What brings you here? No way….you came to see me? “. Kyungmi scoffed as she looked away before giving him a glare. 

“Was it funny? “. She started talking, confusing the other guy. 

“What are you talking about? “. 

“I saw what you were talking about with Jarim “. She replied. “It must be entertaining to mess with people’s lives, isn’t it? So shameless of you to lie about you actually dating Jarim “. 

“What are you saying? What I said back there was true- “. 

“Was it? “. Kyungmi asked as she walked closer to him. “When I already know how big a liar and player you are? “. 

“Yah “. He scoffed as her attitude was getting on his nerves. “You shouldn’t be talking like that. If you continue like this, I have no option but to say this to Kyungwoo- “. 

“Do it, I’m not scared at all “. Kyungmi scoffed at how he was trying to threaten her with that. “Then I will do the same, by telling your girlfriend about your tactics to seduce girls. Who was it again? Jung Ah? or was it Joo Hui? “. She then gasped as she put her hand in front of . “Are you perhaps dating them at the same time? “. 

“This b*tch really….”. He walked closer as he was about to slap her when she grabbed him by the collar and used all her force to slam him against the wall. She wondered how she has this much strength when her appearance seems to look weak. 

“If you don’t want me to go around the neighborhood talking about how trash you are, you better stop seeing Jarim and mess with Jooyoung “. She warned as her mischievous expression turned into an expression of darkness and rage. “I know where your girlfriend Jung Ah works, so if you mess with Jarim again, I will reveal everything to her, and you will be the new sensation in the social media, how about that? “. She tilted her head to the side while smirking at him. “Doesn’t that sound exciting? “. 

“You are crazy….”. He scoffed but felt intimidated by her presence. 

“If you understand, get lost “. She said as she pushed him to the side, almost making him fall. She dusted her hands as she went to get the groceries before looking back at him as he was smoothing his neck. “I wanted to give a few slaps to you, but I don’t want to go down to your level. That would be quite embarrassing for me, you know? “. He glared at her and he was about to approach when she said. 

“Leave before I change my mind, you son of a b*tch “. 

“You won’t get away with this “. He warned her as he was pointing at her before he turned around and left. 

“Yeah, yeah, sure….”. She scoffed. “As if I would ever see you again, jerk “. She shook her head and she walked toward her building again. What she didn’t know was that, at one corner, Kyungwoo saw everything from the start and he was amazed by how strong Kyungmi’s character can be. It reminded him of the time she confronted the guy who uploaded the video of Jooyoung and Jarim during the retreat. He chuckled at the thought as he watched her disappear from his sight and rested his hands in the pocket of his hoodie. 

“I wanted to hide these feelings….but now it will be difficult to hide them “. Kyungwoo mumbled with a slight smirk on his face. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

The next day, the girls visited Kyungmi again as she told them that she encountered Jungwoo again, but that also Jooyoung was there when it happened. 

 

“What? It looks like you’ll break up? What does that mean? “. Minji asked.

“It’s exactly as I said “. Jarim replied. 

“Did he ask to break up? “. Kyungmi asked her. 

“He didn’t say that, but….”. 

“If that’s not it, then why are you saying that? Do you want to break up? “. Ahram questioned. 

“I don’t know “. Jarim sighed in tiredness. “But when I see Gong Jooyoung, he does things that are similar to that jerk, so I feel uneasy sometimes “. 

“I think I’ve said this several times already, but don’t put Gong Jooyoung and Choi Joong Ang on the same level. How unfair would it be to Gong Jooyoung? “. Ahram pointed out. 

“Who’s Choi Joong Ang? It's Choi Jungwoo. Why do you keep getting the name wrong? “. Minji said. 

“I’ve never even seen the guy anyway. Choi Joong Ang or Choi Jiral. Close enough “. Ahram retorted. (Joong Ang means “center” and Jiral means “insane”). 

“Anyway, Ahram is right. Gong Jooyoung and that oppa are different. Why do you want to break up? “. Minji asked. 

“But it seems like Gong Jooyoung will ask to break up now “. Jarim seems certain with her words. 

“What? Is that even possible? “. 

“It is “. Jarim hummed by the thought of seeing Jooyoung being gloomy after her encounter with Choi Jungwoo. 

“Then, what do you want to do? “. Kyungmi asked, feeling a little frustrated that Jarim doesn’t take action to amend things with Jooyoung. “You don’t care if you end it like that? Don’t tell yourself ‘It’s not me, so it doesn’t matter’ and stay quiet again “. Kyungmi said. “You have to talk for him to know. How can he, if you don’t say anything? Is he going to read your mind? “. 

“Kyungmi is right “. Minji agreed. “Please communicate. So frustrating “. 

“Whatever. I’m done here “. Ahram sighed in frustration. “I’m so frustrated, now I’m starving. Let’s go and eat “. 

“How are you starving from being frustrated? “. Minji blinked at her with amusement. 

“Are you not hungry? “. Ahram asked her. 

“No “. 

“And you? “. Ahram asked Kyungmi and the latter shook her head. 

“Are you? “. Kyungmi asked her. 

“Yeah “. Ahram nodded. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

The next day at the basketball court, the guys except Jooyoung were warming up to play basketball. Kyungwoo just stood there, with his hands resting over his hips as he slightly glared at Choi Jungwoo, who was doing shots in the basket. He was annoyed because of his intentions to mess with Jooyoung and Jarim, but also because of what he said to Kyungmi the other day. 

Relax...don’t pay attention to him and just play “. He thought. 

“Huh? “. Byunghoon looked confused when he saw Jooyoung entering the court. “Gong Jooyoung? “. The said-guy came wearing some kind of fancy clothes instead of casual clothes, much to the confusion of everyone. 

“Did you come to play basketball? What’s with these clothes? “. Kyungmin asked but Jooyoung said nothing. 

“Are you really going to play? “. Sanghoon asked out of concern. “Then take off your top at least “. Jooyoung finished taking his wristwatch off before walking away from them. The guys looked confused at each other before following him to begin playing. 

 

The game started as the two teams began playing, but whenever Choi Jungwoo had the ball, Jooyoung interfered and messed with him. Kyungwoo stared at Jooyoung with worry, wishing he didn't cause a mess because he was afraid Jooyoung would be the one getting hurt. When Jungwoo received the ball again, Jooyoung attempted to block him but failed and fell to the ground. Annoyed, Choi Jungwoo threw the ball at him before grabbing him by the collar. 

“Yah “. Jungwoo glared at him with anger. “This bastard, really! “. Then he threw a punch at Jooyoung. 

“Hey, hey, hey! “. Members of both teams came to separate them. “Hey, hey, hey. Don’t do it! “. 

“Leave me! “. Jungwoo shouted as he grabbed Jooyoung’s collar again. “Have you gone crazy? What are you going nuts for? you are doing this because of your girlfriend, right? “. He accused him. “Did I do something to her? Ah~ just because I dated her before, you are flipping out, right? You’re goddamn overreacting just because I talked to her, you damn f**ker “. Jooyoung yanked Jungwoo’s arms away from him and threw a punch on the jerk’s face as well. 

“Yah, yah! Are you crazy? What’s wrong with you? “. Kyungwoo exclaimed in panic as he tried to stop Jooyoung from causing more trouble. 

“Leave me! “. Jooyoung shouted with rage. 

“Sorry, sorry! “. Kyungmin pleaded. “Hyung, the heat must have gotten to him “. He excused himself to calm the situation down. “Look at him, the kind of clothes he’s wearing! He forgot his outfit at home, and his common sense together with it! “.

“You also know that he usually isn’t like this, right? “. Byunghoon added. “He was playing so passionately that he took himself for Dennis Rodman and- “. 

“Darn it “. Jungwoo cursed at them before glaring at Jooyoung. 

 

The teams separated as they rested at each side of the court while the guys were scolding Jooyoung. 

 

“Crazy bastard. Don’t you see how much you messed up the mood? “. Kyungmin said at Jooyoung. “Also, no matter how much you hate that hyung, how can you do that in front of the other hyungs? You aren’t going to play with these hyungs anymore? “.

“No, I won’t “. Jooyoung replied. 

“This moron came today only to piss off that hyung “. Kyungmin concluded. 

“Is this because of Wang Jarim? What on earth did that hyung do? “. Sanghoon asked but Jooyoung said nothing, making Kyungwoo sigh.

“You always talk loads, but at times like this, you don’t say a word “. 

“Anyway, thanks for stopping me “. Jooyoung looked at them in gratitude. “If not for you guys, I would’ve been smashed by that hyung “. 

“So you do know “. Kyungwoo scoffed. 

“That’s a given. You fragile little punk “. Kyungmin sighed. 

“If he’s fragile, then what are you? “. Byunghoon mocked while staring at Kyungmin. 

“What about me? What?! “. Kyungmin felt offended. “Why suddenly talk about me? “. Then Jooyoung stood up. 

“I am going. Sorry for today “. With that, he walked away. 

“He’s not taking responsibility for this mood “. Kyungmin sighed as he watched his friend leaving. 

“I’ll put in good words to those hyungs “. Sanghoon said. “They’re close to my brother after all “. He stood up and walked toward the seniors to have a conversation. Kyungwoo sighed as he clasped his hands together. Although he wasn’t pleased with the fight, some part of him wanted to join that fight as well. He wondered if Kyungmi was okay now. 

 

After the game ended, the boys went to bid goodbye to Choi Jungwoo before leaving. The latter was sitting on the bench while taking a rest. Kyungwoo saw him and approached him. 

 

“Hyung “. He called him before taking a seat next to him. “Are you okay? “. 

“Nah, it’s nothing “. 

“Whatever the reason is, I apologize for the commotion today “. Kyungwoo then glanced at Jungwoo. “Sorry “. 

“Shouldn’t Gong Jooyoung be the one apologizing? “. 

“Yeah, he should be “. He nodded in knowledge. “But there probably won’t be a reason for him to see you again. As long as you don’t go and find him “. 

“Do I look like I would do that? “. Jungwoo scoffed. 

“Wouldn’t it be good to end it here, with each of you getting a few punches? It’s only an emotional fight anyway. If you keep picking fights with Gong Jooyoung, I don’t think I’ll stay put either “. Kyungwoo commented. “He’s my friend after all “. 

“Bastard, is this an apology or a threat? “. Jungwoo scoffed. “No wonder you are like your girlfriend “. He said and Kyungwoo couldn’t help but scoff. “Are we that similar? “. “Anyway, you don’t need to worry about anything. I don’t want to have anything to do with Wang Jarim either. Your girlfriend gave me a clear warning about it “. Then he glanced at Kyungwoo. “Did you know that your girlfriend threatened me to death to stay away from Wang Jarim and told me to come to her? “. Then Kyungwoo stood up as he grabbed his sports bag. 

“I don’t really want to know “. He then gave a blank expression at him. “Although I wish you would keep your distance from her. I’m saying it for your sake “. He forced a smile before walking away from him. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

“What? “. Kyungmi blinked in confusion after hearing the fight between Jooyoung and Choi Jungwoo from Kyungwoo, as she leaned her back against the mattress of her bed while holding her phone. “Jooyoung fought with Choi Jungwoo? “. 

“That’s what I said “. Kyungwoo sighed as Kyungmi scoffed in disbelief. 

“He must have gone insane “. She commented. “With what strength would he go there to fight? “. 

“Speak for yourself “. Kyungwoo scoffed at the irony, causing her to tilt her head to the side in confusion. “I heard from Choi Jungwoo hyung that you threatened him “. 

“That….”. Kyungmi pursed her lips out as she played with the hem of her pajama shirt. “I couldn’t help it “. She tried to reason with him. “That jerk was making lies about Jarim. So I couldn’t stand still “. She sighed at the thought. “To be honest, wouldn’t you feel rage if a friend of yours is wrongly accused of something that never happened? “. 

“Well….you have a point “. Kyungwoo commented as he nodded in agreement. “But honestly….I’m angrier about something else than what happened to Wang Jarim “. 

“What is it? “. Kyungmi wondered as she waited for his answer. 

“That thing Choi Jungwoo said to you at the basketball court “. He replied. Kyungmi stood frozen on her spot after hearing his answer. “What's this? Why would he be angry at this? It’s not like we were dating for real, so why…? “. She cleared as she laughed it off to prevent her from sounding nervous. 

“Ah~ About that? “. She chortled as she hugged her knees. “Don’t worry about it. I already forgot about it “. 

“Still….I can’t believe how shameless he sounded when he said that to you “. He sighed. “I was so angry to the point of wanting to go after him and beat him up “. 

“Aigoo~ “. She chuckled at how thoughtful he was. “I’m suddenly feeling touched by your words. Were you that worried about me? “. 

“Of course “. He chuckled. “I get concerned with anything related to you “. Kyungmi felt a little dry while getting nervous about how to respond to that. Then she used an excuse so they could end the phone call. 

“Yah, it’s getting late “. She told him. “Get some sleep “. 

“Alright “. He chuckled. “Ah, before you go to bed, make sure to drink warm milk “. 

“Why milk all of sudden? “. She asked him with confusion. 

“I read on the internet that this method helps you to get better sleep. You said you had trouble sleeping lately “. 

“Did you search all of that? “. She asked with surprise. “Why? “. 

“I don’t know “. He scoffed with a chuckle. “I wondered why I did that too…”. Kyungmi softened and nodded with understanding. 

“Thanks for the tip. Good night then “. 

“Bye “. With that, she hung up and stared at her phone for a long time. “As I guessed...something in his character changed….I didn’t want to change much of the story. I just wanted him and Minji to have a happy ending together….”. She sighed as she massaged her temple. “The worst thing about this...is that I’m already developing feelings for him….What should I do now? “.