Week 7

Love Island
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Week 7

Day 3

 

After the blow up last week between the four everyone seemed a bit on edge once again. The bed situations didn't change the first half of the week but then production announces a new challenge. I immediately get worried because Doyoung and I didn't exactly do well in the last one.

We are drug outside mid-day on Day 3 and that's when I see the pool has been transformed. Inside of it were these pedestals and there were 8 of them. I glance at Doyoung who sends me a reassuring nod.


"Hello all and welcome to your second challenge. In this challenge each couple from last week will step up onto the pedestal, the first three couples to drop will be forced to split. However, there will be no eliminations this week. The first three couples to drop will receive a cash prize but risk losing the interest of their partner in the following week. The couple that sticks it out the longest will receive a solo room next week which will also result in safety from an audience elimination vote."

My eyes widen, safety for two weeks was essentially on the line. I glance at Doyoung, were we going to go for it? But then we'd also have to share a room for an entire week? Honestly it sounded like the best of both worlds to me.

"If the boys could please head to the pedestal first." Production announces. Doyoung jumps into the pool before lifting himself up on the small round platform. I follow when production gives me the cue. Doyoung helps me up onto the platform and once there I realize just how close we'll have to stick together to be able to stand together atop it.

"We will give you one minute to get into a position you deem fit before starting. Once that minute is up if you fall you are out." Production calls out.

Doyoung wipes my hair out of my face, "Shall we go for this one?"

"Safety next week sounds nice, doesn't it?" I reply.

He nods, "Alright let's do it." He tugs me forward lightly and wraps my arms around his back. My face presses into his chest as his arms wrap around my back keeping us steady. My heart pounds in my chest, this couldn't be happening right now. I had to be dreaming. I take deep breaths to calm myself in fear that he could hear or even feel my pounding heart with how close we were.

I instead focus my attention on how the other couples positioned themselves. Taeyong and Mirae decided to have Mirae back hug Taeyong which seemed sort of like a good idea. Mark and Minjung did something similar to Doyoung and I but weren't as close together. I couldn't see the others but my anxiety increases upon hearing the minute is up and the compeition has officially started.

I breath calmly for what feels like 10 minutes before suddenly water is sprayed right into my face. I'm so shocked that I jerk back but Doyoung quickly stablizes me against him once again. Once we are balanced again he pulls back a bit to glance down at my face.

"Doyoung and Inhwa lose footing only to get balanced once more." Production narrates.

"Sorry." I mumble back. He just smiles bringing a hand to move my wet hair out of my face again.

"It's okay, we're doing great." He hums looking over my head. "Maybe try facing my chest instead."

I nod slowly, my eyes dropping down to his neck. God, what a ing view this was. Now I had an excuse to stare at his beautiful adam's apple and collarbones.

A few more minutes pass before more water is sprayed and this time we are met with the sound of someone falling into the water.

"And with that we have our first couple out, Jaehyun and Yeori unfortunately couldn't hold out and are forced to split this week." Production announces. One couple down, two more to go for us to manage to stay together. Six more couples to beat to get safety next week.

"Thirty minutes have now passed and all couples remain other than Jaehyun and Yeori." By now the sun was beating down on us and we were starting to sweat.

More water is sprayed onto us and then some sort of slick gel follows which has my feet slightly sliding but Doyoung keeps us grounded. The sound of another splash causes my heart to race. One more couple down!

"We have lost our second couple, Sicheng and Eunah are down." Production announces and right after that another splash follows. "And we lost another, Mark and Minjung are down." My eyes widen, Mark and Minjung would have to split? They alongside me and Doyoung, Mirae and Taeyong, and Taeil and Yein have been the longest running couples. "And with that the rest of the couples to fall will not have to split but remember if you choose to fall you risk safety next week."

A few splashes follow and I'm shocked. Some people just jumped off? Why risk safety?

"Taeyong and Mirae and Johnny and Moonhee have decided to not stick

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter