Chapter 28

They Woke Up Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mr. and Mrs. Kim Jong Kook’s Villa

Hannam-dong, Seoul

10 pm

 

 

“You really have no surprise for me?” Ji Hyo pouted while she threw her pink sling bag at the couch.

 

 

It was 10:30 in the evening, her birthday’s almost over and she was still expecting something from her husband.

 

 

“Ouch!” Jong Kook held his face; he was slouching at the same couch where Ji Hyo threw the bag. Well, it hit his handsome face. Bull’s eye.

 

 

 

“Sorry.” Ji Hyo laughed. She didn’t know he’s going there the same time she was throwing her bag.

 

 

 

“We did all your favorite things today. We ate at your favorite breakfast diner, we’ve had pasta you’ve been craving since last week for lunch. Dinner is at our most favorite restaurant. I did Yoga today, Ji Hyo-yah. I hate Yoga.”

 

 

 

“And… I bought you the latest apple watch.” Jong Kook yawned. “I am tired and sleepy…”

 

 

 

“Fine.” The pout didn’t leave Ji Hyo’s lips.

 

 

“And I greeted you Happy Birthday many, many times since 12 midnight hours back, Ji Hyo.” Jong Kook said with his eyes closed.

 

 

“Fine, thank you.” She told him.

 

 

Jong Kook stood up lazily and asked, “Is there anything else, my dear birthday girl.”

 

 

“None.” She shook her head.

 

 

“Finally.” Jong Kook sighed. “I am going to shower and then I will sleep.”

 

 

Ji Hyo nodded. “Alright.”

 

 

“Happy Birthday, baby.” Jong Kook gave her smack. “I love you.”

 

 

 

“Thanks. I love you too.” Ji Hyo hugged him tight. “Sorry for being a brat. You know it’s my day, right?”

 

 

 

Jong Kook smiled and winked. “Don’t sleep on me alright?”

 

 

 

“Arasso. You don’t want to do it together??” She flirted.

 

 

Jong Kook shook his head. “It’s going to take a lot of time. I am tired.”

 

 

 

“How could…you?” Ji Hyo laughed and slapped his y . “Shower fast, Kim Jong Kook.”

 

 

Jong Kook was taking his time towelling himself when he was forced to dress up fast as he can… Ji Hyo was banging the door loudly and calling his name.

 

 

“Jong Kook! Kim Jong Kook!” Ji Hyo sounded nervous and panicky.

 

 

“What’s wrong?” Jong Kook opened the door to a scared Ji Hyo. She was freshly showered too, all-dressed up but her hair’s too wet it was dripping. Jong Kook handed her his towel. “Here, put this on your head.”

 

 

 

“I-I-I heard some noises in the rooftop.”

 

 

“It must be the cat.” Jong Kook chuckled.

 

 

 

Ji Hyo gave him a ‘are-you-kidding-me’ look.

They really don’t have a cat.

Meow.

 

 

“Fine, I am joking.” Jong Kook swallowed. The birthday girl looked too serious and scared, Jong Kook suddenly felt scared too. “Let’s go take a look.”

 

 

 

“I heard people’s voices.” Ji Hyo shivered.

 

 

 

“You are just tired.” Jong Kook told her. “Let’s go.”

 

 

“Grab something.” Ji Hyo held on to his hand. “A hammer or a knife or anything.”

 

 

Anything.

Jong Kook’s definition of anything right that very moment is a TV remote control.

 

 

Powerful tools.

Hammer, knife and remote control.

 

 

 

Which one is the most powerful?

I say the remote control. When you have it, you have the power, you are in command.

Who agrees with me?

 

 

 

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo silently climbed the stairs up to their rooftop. They created no sound and they have calculated and careful movements. Ji Hyo brought a pan while Jong Kook brought a baseball bat and the remote control, the most powerful weapon.

 

 

They were almost near the rooftop’s door when Ji Hyo realized that this might be a surprise party for her prepared by Jong Kook. She heard people’s voices. She heard movements too like people moving around. This might be the surprise she’s been waiting for.

 

 

 

Yes.

What more can you ask for?

 

 

Being married to Kim Jong Kook is more than a blessing.

It’s like being in heaven while you’re living on earth, while you’re still breathing.

 

 

 

Ji Hyo eyed Jong Kook, he does look suspicious but he’s a good actor so she’s sceptical.

 

 

“I can’t hear anything.” Jong Kook whispered.

 

 

“Let’s just find out.” She replied while one hand gripped her pan and the other tugged Jong kook’s shirt.

 

 

Ji Hyo held her breath for the surprise as Jong Kook opened the door.

 

 

One. Two. Three.

Surprise, Surprise!

 

 

No one is there.

Oooops.

Not a single person.

 

 

 

“I heard voices.” Ji Hyo sounded disappointed while her eyes scanned for another human apart from the handsome man she calls her husband. “I really did.”

 

 

 

“I didn’t say you didn’t.” Jong Kook began walking around the rooftop. “No one is here.”

 

 

Ji Hyo nodded. “I thought there was a surprise party for me here.”

 

 

Jong kook laughed mightily. “You’re still at it?”

 

 

Ji Hyo sighed. “I swear I heard voices.”

 

 

“You really did?” Jong Kook’s eyes widened. “In this case…”

 

 

“Don’t scare me.” Ji Hyo tried to shrug that idea of having unearthly creatures in their house. “I don’t believe in those.”

 

 

“Let’s go have a drink outside, Ji Hyo. You’re tired… too tired and old, you’re hearing voices. Let’s change and go out.” Jong Kook said.

 

 

“I thought you are sleepy?”

 

 

“Not anymore.” Jong Kook replied as he put his arms on her shoulders. “My wife is hearing weird voices. That should keep me awake.”

 

 

“Fine.” Ji Hyo nudged him. “And I married a kid; he bought a remote control to fight the bad guys.”

 

 

“This?” Jong Kook raised the TV remote control. “You know how important this is. One time we fought over this, you didn’t want to make love to me for one straight week, Ji Hyo-yah. Don’t you forget.”

 

 

Club Octagon

Gangnam-gu, Seoul

11:30 pm

 

 

“Sorry, you have to wait, all tables are taken, Sir.” The lady in the bar told Jong Kook.

 

 

“It’s alright.” Jong Kook smiled. “I sent my advance party.”

 

 

 

“Advance party?” Ji Hyo asked, puzzled.

 

 

 

She wanted to ask who Jong Kook was referring to, but he grabbed her hand immediately and pulled her inside the bar. They were walking fast, inching their way towards the crowded Club Octagon dance area and guest tables to a large VIP room. Ji Hyo didn’t have much to think because the place was literally jampacked and the sounds were too loud; not to mention Jong Kook was walking too fast and pulling her in the process. But he knew exactly where to go and didn’t anymore knock when they reached that room.

 

 

 

“Happy Birthday!!!” People happily cheered as the door opened to the clueless birthday girl Ji Hyo and her smiling husband.

 

 

People: Ji Hyo’s family, Jong Kook’s family, Turbo JK family, Creative Group ING family, Running Man family, Ji Hyo’s friend from Australia and a whole lot of people they knew.

 

 

 

Correction: many, many people.

 

 

 

The cheers were too loud Ji Hyo had to cover her ears but then she had remove them pretty soon to wipe her eyes because she was crying the next second. She scanned the whole place, everyone was there. It was literally minutes away from the next day and it wasn’t her birthday anymore. But right before her eyes are people close to her heart celebrating the la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter