Chapter 11

They Woke Up Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

One fine weekend, after the Australia trip, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo ate lunch with Grandpa and Grandma Lee. Jong Kook played chess with Gramps while Ji Hyo watched. They can’t feel awkward or they’ll be asked to explain. And if they do, how do you explain something that should be happening in the first place?

 

 

A wife kissing her husband.

And the husband kissing her back.

A wife crossing the ‘boundaries’.

And the husband that threw away every boundaries.

 

 

Grandma and Grandpa Lee started to like Jong Kook now and had told Ji Hyo that maybe the two can consider their relationship together to extend more than friendship. Grandma is guessing that they won’t divorce anyway might as well give a romantic relationship a try. Of course, they are still on Ji Hyo’s side, but they don’t hate Jong Kook anymore especially that he is giving Ji Hyo a home now.

 

 

 

After the Australia trip, Ji Hyo gained a home. A home where she feels safe, comfortable and happy.

Ji Hyo feels that way now in his villa. In their villa.

 

 

 

She eats together with him sometimes. And she finally had meals with his family. Jong Kook’s mom cried when she first hugged Ji Hyo. She felt guilty having treated her bad all this time. And now, she’s one proud Mother-in-law slash Mongji fan. Although secretly. Jong Kook’s mom can’t let Hana know or let Jong Kook’s friends know. Ji Hyo’s fine with this anyway. She also had gotten a little friendlier, if not close, with Jong Kook’s niece Kim Soya.

 

 

 

Though Jong Kook asked for some ‘space’ from Hana, she still randomly appear in the villa. Mr. and Mrs. Kim Jong Kook had to make sure Hana would never drop by their villa in case they are dining at the same time. Jong Kook had to make sure that Hana is not somewhere near the villa before he can decently (and peacefully) take a bite of his food.

 

 

 

They almost got caught when Ji Hyo surprised Jong Kook one dinner; Ji Hyo ran as fast as she can to her room and pretended to be asleep. Jong Kook threw her plate, utensils and drinking glass in the sink. Of course, the china broke as well as the glass. Hana saw the broken plate and glass and had asked Jong Kook about it. Jong Kook blamed the cat.

 

 

 

But they don’t have a cat.

 

 

 

Hana is still persistent to change Jong Kook’s mind. Another time, Jong Kook fell asleep in Ji Hyo’s room while they were watching a movie together. They started watching past ten in the evening and the movie ended about after two hours or so. Ji Hyo fell asleep too and was awoken by Jong Kook’s phone ringing endlessly.

 

 

 

It was Hana calling.

 

 

 

She was in the living room and couldn’t find Jong Kook in his room. She was frantic, worried and about to get mad (though she doesn’t have the right to be mad because of the state of their relationship). Ji Hyo panicked when she saw Jong Kook’s phone ringing next to her. She panicked even more when she saw the owner of the phone sleeping next to her. He doesn’t have his shirt on, and did I mention about Jong Kook’s delicious abs? The abs shine before Ji Hyo’s eyes, tempting her to have a taste of paradise.

 

 

 

She went back to bed.

Forget about Hana. She thought maybe it was just a bad dream.

 

 

 

But then, Jong Kook moved and shifted his position. He faced her and placed his arm on her. In short, all she must do is face him too (oh, don’t look down Ji Hyo-yah, don’t peek at those yummy abs) and do the same, and they’re hugging each other.

 

 

 

Perfect.

Just forget about the mobile phone.

Forget about the freaking ringing mobile phone and it’s perfect. Just perfect.

 

 

 

“Jong Kook!” Ji Hyo slightly shook him. “I think Hana is here…”

 

 

 

Honestly, she doesn’t want to call his name. For her, it sounded sweet. And they were in bed.

Ji Hyo + Jong Kook + Bed + Sweet

That’s not good. (Readers might unsubscribe and get mad at this Author-nim. And that’s not good.)

 

 

 

“Jong Kook oppa? Hana is here…” Ji Hyo changed it to ‘Jong Kook oppa’. And ‘Jong Kook oppa’ sounded romantic. At least for her. When she calls him, she pauses… and her voice becomes a little soft. Jong Kook slightly opened his eyes and nodded before closing his eyes again. Ji Hyo handed his phone to him and he answered it sleepily, “I am asleep.” And he ended the phone call. He didn’t say where he was.

 

 

 

Hana sent a message asking him and threatened him that he will not see her ever again. Also, her message implied she was that confident that Jong Kook will never be in Ji Hyo’s room. But she was wrong… because he was. And he now often says he likes movie nights.

 

Because movie nights are spent on Ji Hyo’s room.

 

 

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo’s Villa

Hannam-dong, Seoul

 

 

Ji Hyo told Jong Kook she’s got two news to tell him.

 

 

“One’s good the other’s bad.” Ji Hyo nervously told him. Jong Kook just looked at her. He can’t read her; he wasn’t good in reading people’s expressions to begin with. And she looked scared, worried and unsure.

 

 

“Lawyer Park called, and he said the Judge wants to see us again. Looks like she’ll grant our divorce earlier than we expected.”

 

 

Ji Hyo kept a poker face. Jong Kook didn’t know if that was the good news or the bad news to her. He was hoping that was the bad news.

 

 

“What’s the other one?” He asked.

 

 

 

“I’m delayed…”

 

 

Jong Kook knew what that meant.

 

 

“Mmmm…” He somewhat nodded. He wanted to carefully select his words; first she might be really pregnant, therefore, she will be sensitive eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter