Chapter 2

They Woke Up Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lee Hyemin’s House

2:00 am

 

 

Ji Hyo can confirm that her manager is mad beyond words the moment she steps inside her house. Hyemin isn’t smiling at all. She wasn’t the same Hyemin that Ji Hyo knew. It is 2 am and her manager asked her to come immediately after her shoot. She is about to decline but the sense of urgency makes her come here right away. And by the looks of it, Ji Hyo can sense she is furious.

 

 

“Sit down.” Hyemin commanded. Her eyes were burning. She rubbed her temples. She took several deep breaths before she can finally speak. Ji Hyo doesn’t take anymore time to adore the new set of couches nor the boxes of Royal Doulton cutleries. She noticed that Hyemin was drinking. She must’ve been thinking a lot, she must’ve been very stressed. Her manager is an occasional drinker – she only drinks when something or someone upsets her seriously.

 

 

 

And seriously, Ji Hyo started to get scared.

 

 

 

“You know, I hate to be like this.” She began, her voice laced with anger. “Especially with you, Song Ji Hyo-sshi.” Opps. She addressed her formally. It must have been really serious.

 

 

 

 

Ji Hyo doesn’t know what she is talking about. She is absolutely clueless. She doesn’t recall doing anything or being in the news for scandal. Though she is dating In Sung but there’s nothing scandalous in that. She wasn’t sure why Hyemin called her past midnight saying they need to talk, and this can’t wait.

 

 

 

“But what the hell is this!?!?!” Hyemin almost threw the paper at Ji Hyo’s face. She’s furious.

 

 

Ji hyo was startled by the outburst, she stands up from her seat to get the paper that flew near the dining table. Her heart started to beat faster than usual. It was pounding like hell. When she picked up the paper, Hyemin gave her time to read it.

 

 

Ji Hyo is digesting every piece of information in the paper. It is a marriage registration on her hands. Then she looked up at Hyemin who finally realized that Ji Hyo is just as surprised as she was. The manager softened up a bit. But Ji Hyo’s face went from blank to dazed.

 

 

 

“Kim Jong Kook? Kim Jong Kook who?”

 

 

 

 

Those were Ji Hyo’s first words. Asking who the man is. The one whose name is written in the paper together with her.

 

 

 

 

Her husband.

 

 

 

“You don’t know the man you married?” Hyemin was puzzled as ever. She swears that if Ji Hyo is lying, she will definitely kick her .

 

 

“That is a marriage registration. Two consenting parties sign and file it. You just don’t do it with a random stranger.”

 

“I know… But I never did this! I swear I did not! I don’t recall signing this…”

 

 

 

Wait.

 

 

 

Ji Hyo closed her eyes and think. She is trying to remember. She vaguely had memories of this kind of paper. But she couldn’t pin point where exactly she saw this paper.

 

 

 

“Kim Jong Kook.” Hyemin told her. “Kim Jong Kook… he’s the one. The one you just married.”

 

 

 

NO WAY!

 

 

 

Ji Hyo stared at Hyemin before speaking. She couldn’t even compose words to say, that is, if she can still say anything at all.

 

 

 

“Jong Kook?” Ji Hyo asked looking annoyed and defeated. “We don’t know each other personally. Hyemin-ah, I only know he exist.”

 

 

 

 

‘I only know he exist.’

It sounded a bit too harsh for Ji Hyo to say.

 

 

 

 

“Then tell me what the hell is this?!” Hyemin went back to being beast mode.

 

 

“I don’t know. I really don’t know.” It was Ji Hyo’s turn to cover her face with her hands. How can she be married to someone she doesn’t personally know? She had met him several times at award shows but she never got any contact with him or whatsoever. The year end award shows usually gather Variety stars and actors, so she admits she had a glance of Jong Kook before. But married?

 

 

 

“I really don’t know about this.” Ji Hyo insisted.

 

 

 

“I am talking to Jong Kook’s manager this weekend. And you are coming with me. Let’s fix this in whatever way possible. For now, maybe that han namja doesn’t even know he’s married too.”

 

 

 

Song Ji Hyo’s Villa

Mapo-gu, 7:00 am

 

 

 

Ji Hyo only managed to get two hours of sleep that night. She was still in shock and she hated it that absorbing everything was too painful for her to process. As she lay in bed wide awake, she tried to remember everything. Ji Hyo tried to recall the night she signed a piece of paper.

 

 

She cursed.

For the nth times since she woke up. She couldn’t remember that damn paper. Where did she see it? When did she see it? Who the hell let her sign it?

 

 

Obviously, she didn’t go to the Gangnam City Hall to fill that up. No, not even in dreams.

 

 

 

Where?

When?

Who?

 

 

 

 

Then it suddenly hit her. As if she had a memory loss and now, she was able to recover it. She sat up on her bed immediately like a bolt of lightning. It was during the after party of the SBS Awards night. Jeon So Min’s friend asked her for an autograph. She remembered telling her where exactly to sign. And Ji Hyo obliged, smiling.

 

 

 

 

Damn. Now the paper looks familiar. And yes, now she just realized she signed a marriage registration document.

 

 

 

She reached for her phone and called her mother before getting off the bed. She must tell her parents to at least keep her sane.

 

 

 

 

“Omma?”

 

“Good Morning, Sung Im. Your father and I are walking with Hotteok.”

 

“Omma, I have something to tell you. I’m married, Omma.” Ji Hyo wanted to cry like a baby.

 

“You are what?” Her mom almost dropped the phone.

 

“I’m married.” Ji Hyo replied, trying her best not to cry. “I woke up married.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter