Chapter 18

They Woke Up Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Creative Group ING Building

Gangnam-gu, Seoul

10am

 

 

“Tell her, it’s someone who woke up married to someone…” Jong Kook was desperately telling the receptionist at the Creative Group ING Building. His disguise didn’t work so the poor girl was palpitating and getting giddy at the sight of hot Kim Jong Kook in front of her wanting to talk to the actress Song Ji Hyo.

 

 

 

The girl finally got enough courage to dial the number of the room where Ji Hyo’s in. But she got pale upon relaying the words to Jong Kook.

 

 

 

Sorry, make that singular.

Word.

 

 

 

“Leave.” The receptionist told Jong Kook.

“Song Ji Hyo said, ‘leave’.”

 

 

 

Damn.

She used his own ‘word’ on him.

Just one word.

‘Leave.’

 

 

 

“I need to see her, please.” Jong Kook got a piece of paper in front of the secretary and copied numbers from his mobile phone. “Please let me in. I’ll give you Lee Kwang Soo or Yang Se Chan’s numbers if you let me meet Song Ji Hyo.”

 

 

 

Desperate.

That man, Kim Jong Kook.

 

 

 

The receptionist was excited by his offer but no, he didn’t let the handsome Jong Kook in. She even had to call the security to someone from Turbo JK Company who trespassed in the Creative Group ING building.

 

 

Jong Kook never gave up and went to the basement parking. He found a space near her car. But when Ji Hyo saw a familiar looking car next to hers, she rode with Hyemin. Jong Kook waited until midnight only to find out he had fallen asleep and there were only two cars left in the parking area. His car and Ji Hyo’s.

 

 

 

He drove to her place that same night. She didn’t open the door for him when he rang the doorbell and he knocked endlessly. Could it be another person, he or she would’ve called already if she didn’t open the door. But she had Jong Kook’s number blocked already so he couldn’t call her nor send a message to her. His calls and messages do not get through. So, when the doorbell keeps on ringing, and knocks get louder, Ji Hyo knew it was Jong Kook and no one else.

 

 

 

She turned all lights off and listened to loud music with her earphones on.

 

 

 

No feelings.

Not even guilt.

 

 

 

Not even when her neighbour called her and told her there was a handsome muscled man sleeping by her door. That nosy Ahjumma had put in hearts and smileys in her message when she told Ji Hyo that the guy in her doorstep looks like the Running Man star Kim Jong Kook.

 

 

 

Ahjumma sent her another message in the morning, saying Jong Kook’s doppelganger is still there. Ji Hyo didn’t get out of her house until she was sure Jong Kook had left. It was lunch time when the doorbell last rang.

 

 

Google Korea

Gangnam Finance Center, Seoul

11 am

 

 

No, Google’s CEO didn’t arrive at their South Korea head office. But the whole office was abuzz upon the arrival of a certain someone.

 

 

A special guest.

 

 

But no, it isn’t the CEO. Because if it was the CEO, the ladies wouldn’t have such excited expressions on their faces. It’s Mr. Capable Kim Jong Kook just paying one of their top employees a visit. He is just dropping by saying hello or maybe a little more than that.

 

 

 

“I am Song Ji Hyo’s husband.” Jong Kook kept a straight face when he spoke.

 

 

 

“Ex-husband.” Ji Hoon corrected.

 

 

Ex.

E-X.

Two letters made a lot of difference.

 

 

 

“Have a seat.” Ji Hoon pointed at the guest chair across him.

 

 

 

Jong Kook scanned Ji Hoon’s office. It looked plain to him. Well, when you’re in your arch-nemesis turf, you can’t see anything nice, anything positive. Opposite thing when you are in love, everything is just beautiful and perfect.

 

 

 

“What can I do for you, Mr. Kim?” Ji Hoon glanced at his wrist watch intentionally as if telling Jong Kook he doesn’t have much time to spend with him. “Oh, can I offer you something?”

 

 

 

“No, thanks.” Jong Kook declined. “I am just here to tell you I am fixing things with my wife. I wanted it to be clear with you so it won’t create any misunderstandings in the future.”

 

 

 

Boom.

Mr. Kim was straight to the point and was indeed serious.

 

 

 

Lee Ji Hoon has seen Jong Kook shows before. He played roles that were serious and scary. He didn’t know he’ll meet the actor in real life and get to know him also in the same mood- serious and scary. And the way he said ‘my wife’ was with authority. He possessively claimed her; Song Ji Hyo is his wife. He didn’t take it as something in the past. Jong Kook spoke in present tense.

 

 

 

“Jong Kook-sshi.” Ji Hoon smiled and warmed up the next second. Gone is the stiffness and formality. He dropped the ‘Mr. Kim’. “My grandparents talked highly about you. They like you a lot even up to now; even after everything that had happened. Even after what you did to your EX-WIFE. With that in mind, I will talk to you civilly and I will keep my cool.”

 

 

 

Boy, Lee Ji Hoon was raised well.

But boy, it takes a lot of courage and lip-biting and suppressed sighs.

He kept his balled fist under the table too.

 

 

 

“You and Ji Hyo are over.” Ji Hoon told him as if he was just delivering a technical report. “I think she made it clear with you when you guys have talked. And besides, it was quite obvious that no matter how much you try to reach her, you don’t seem to even get close to wherever she is.”

 

 

 

Jong Kook heard him, but he never took anything by heart. It was too painful, because everything was damn true. By now, he realized his calls and messages were blocked. He was banned from the building that Ji Hyo lives in. Creative Group ING does not allow him to go inside the building as well. Jong Kook can’t go anywhere near Ji Hyo.

 

 

 

It’s useless going after her because aside from her manager, Ji Hyo hired her own bodyguards. Only to keep Jong Kook away from her. For a time, Kim Jong Kook felt like a stalker to his own ex-wife.

 

 

 

He sent her flowers, chocolates and gifts only for those things to be returned to him later on. Jong Kook also would ask someone to check if Ji Hyo received them, whatever he sends her. Either they go back to Jong Kook or those go to the trash bin. Whatever it is, may it be a Louis Vuitton or Prada bag or shoes, if it’s from the ex-husband, it becomes an ex-gift.

 

 

 

Jong Kook went to the extent of asking Bopil PD of making Running Man’s shooting location same with Ji Hyo’s drama location. With this, he can see her somehow. Bopil PD declined, saying it’s not possible with the schedule’s too hectic and stuff. Jong Kook wanted to release his solo album just to be on the same backstage with Ji Hyo.

 

 

 

If he crashes in a party where Ji Hyo is, she leaves right away. Then she comes back when he has left already.

 

 

 

It has been a cat-and-mouse chase since then.

Both of them not getting tired.

Jong Kook not getting tired chasing her.

Ji Hyo not getting tired of running away.

 

 

 

And Ji Hoon knew all about this.

 

 

“Don’t you get tired?” Ji Hoon followed up quickly even before Jong Kook could answer. “And don’t you have a little pride left for yourself?”

 

 

“We’re not over yet.” That’s Jong Kook’s answer to all his questions.

 

 

 

“I don’t know what to tell anymore.” Ji Hoon shook his head. “We’re dating for some months already. We are serious about each other. I can feel that; I know that. There is no room for you to come in, Kim Jong Kook-sshi. We are happy being together.”

 

 

 

Jong Kook sighed. He wasn’t there to pick up a fight. And Lee Ji Hoon can have the right to be sarcastic and impolite all he wants, but he keeps his tone low and still respectful though his every word hurt Jong Kook.

 

 

 

“I’m getting her back.” Jong Kook sounded pessimistic; so opposite from what he meant. “And just to be clear, I am not getting someone else’s woman because I am simply getting back mine. So, I hope I don’t create a misunderstanding here that I am trying to steal your girlfriend. I slipped, I knew that. I was an , and I am here to correct everything…”

 

 

 

Damn.

That was something.

 

 

 

“And I love your grandparents too.” Jong Kook smiled a bit. “I love them like my own. So, while we’re still not beating the crap out of each other, I guess I can just ask you to just let me do my own thing. You won’t let her go, would you? Only premiere-class s like me would commit mistakes like that.”

 

 

 

Premiere-class , that Kim Jong Kook.

He even mocked himself.

 

 

 

“You don’t know what you’re talking about.” Ji Hoon’s calm voice turned tensed.

 

 

 

 

“You don’t know how much I want her back.” Jong Kook said with an equally tensed voice. But his includes sadness and desperation. “How much I need her back or how much I love her. It’s you who doesn’t know a single thing.”

 

 

 

Jong Kook stood up and prepared to leave. “Thank you for your time. I appreciate it.”

 

 

 

“I won’t go easy on you, Kim Jong Kook.” Finally, Ji Hoon had let out his true feelings. So much for the ultra-patient Lee Ji Hoon. He too, has his own limits.

 

 

 

“I never expect you to.” With those words, Jong Kook walked out of his ex-wife’s boyfriend’s office still feeling down and desperate.

 

 

 

He hated the fact that he is the grandson of the old couple who are very close to his heart; someone he really cares about, and he truly adores. He knew Lee Ji Hoon is a nice man; he had put up with Ji Hyo’s show business career, with its pressure and the crazy schedule. And now, sadly, he must fight with this good guy to win back Ji Hyo, and he is left with not much choice but to do that.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter