Chapter 24

They Woke Up Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Vera Wang Bridal Boutique

Itaewon, Seoul

2 pm

 

 

“Oh my gosh!” One lady fanned herself with her hand. “Kim Jong Kook?”

 

 

C’mon.

Who else?

Were you thinking of someone else?

 

 

 

“Hello.” He bowed slightly. “My friend asked me to get her friend’s gown...”

 

 

 

Oh yeah, excuses.

He went out of his cave to do such a favor?

 

 

 

He didn’t finish what he was saying because a breath-taking Song Ji Hyo emerged from one of the fitting rooms wearing a wedding gown.

 

 

 

Beautiful, elegant, stunning.

Not just the dress but the bride-to-be.

 

 

 

A smile escaped Jong Kook’s lips.

 

 

 

‘That is my bride… Mine.’ Jong Kook told himself.

 

 

“Oh, we’ve got celebrities today.” The manager exclaimed on the side. “Song Ji Hyo’s getting one for her photo shoot.”

 

 

They even have to lie about that one too.

 

 

“You look beautiful, Ji Hyo-yah.” Jong Kook came closer but still far from where she is. “Very beautiful.”

 

 

Ladies were giggling out of envy.

 

 

Define rare.

 

 

R-A-R-E.

 

 

Running Man’s Kim Jong Kook and Actress Song Ji Hyo in one shop together; it’s wedding boutique in all places.

 

 

 

He just called her beautiful.

He called her ‘Ji Hyo-yah’ too.

 

 

 

It’s one rare moment that they’re looking at each other. Rare that they’re speaking to each other. And he called her beautiful for goodness sake.

 

 

 

And the stare…

That Kim Jong Kook stare…

That stare that says, ‘That is my bride… Mine.’

 

 

 

“Thank You.” Ji Hyo smiled. “You like it?”

 

 

 

Jong Kook nodded. “Let’s get that.”

 

 

Lets?

Let us?

 

 

They’re getting people confused.

 

 

 

Ji Hyo slightly glared at him. Jong Kook cleared his throat and said, “You should get that.”

 

 

 

After Ji Hyo changed into her clothes, the ladies in the store couldn’t find the supposedly dress that Jong Kook is picking up. Then he asked Ji Hyo to have coffee with him.

 

 

 

No disguise.

No bodyguards.

 

 

 

They were walking freely in the streets of Itaewon unwary of any other concerns except of that one thing: Getting back together or lose each other forever.

 

 

 

They didn’t mind the stares or those doubting looks why they’re together. They kept walking until they reached Coffee Cojjee. It wasn’t entirely unpopular to begin with. People recognize them. Some crowd around them, snap pictures of them together. Both their minds are afloat on what’s going to happen, and what they should do next.

 

 

 

Jong Kook settled in next to her after getting the coffee they’ve bought. He didn’t sit in front of her. He sat right beside her, then he took her hand under the table and held it long and tight before he spoke.

 

 

 

“Let’s run away.” Kim Jong Kook had only that to say. He didn’t practice, he didn’t think twice. “I can bear the guilt. But not losing you again.”

 

 

 

Wow.

How sweet can he get?

 

 

 

“If I say no?” Ji Hyo’s eyes stayed at her espresso cup.

 

 

 

“Then you get married to Ji Hoon.” Jong Kook told her.

 

 

 

“You?” Still, she didn’t look at him.

 

 

 

“There’s no me anymore.” He smiled faintly. “I won’t get married ever.”

 

 

 

“Jong Kook… I know we’ve been through this before… Grandma and Grandpa Lee, we both love them…” Ji Hyo looked at him with her eyes about to cry now.

 

 

Jong Kook raised her hand to his lips. He kissed it, and said, “That’s a no, isn’t it?”

 

 

“Jong Kook…”

 

 

 

“It’s still not a happy-ever-after for us.” Jong Kook bit his lip. “I wanted to say it’s easy to ask for forgiveness… Let’s just say sorry to Grandma and Grandpa. But then again, how can I forgive myself if I’ll see you feeling guilty all the time?”

 

 

 

Jong Kook looked at her intently and more serious this time. “I am sorry for all the things I’ve done to you in the past… those things that made you cry. This is goodbye for real isn’t it? You always cry. And most of the time it’s because of me. I won’t let that happen again. I am sorry. I am sorry for those bad things and for those bad times.”

 

 

 

Jong Kook was apologizing.

And was saying goodbye too.

He was really letting go.

 

 

 

“This is much harder than the last time…” He admitted. “Much, much harder… and I love you. Much, much more than before…”

 

 

 

He kissed her hand once again then he stood up. His brewed coffee was left untouched.

 

 

 

His heart, much, much broken than before.

 

 

“It’s going to be odd if I am there.” Jong Kook tightened his grip on his phone. “I might cry harder than your dad when he sees you walk down the aisle.”

 

 

They still talk.

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo.

 

 

But they don’t see each other anymore.

 

 

 

And Ji Hyo had to place that call because she was brutal enough to make Jong Kook as the wedding singer. That was too cruel.

 

 

 

But the y and hot KJK took it coolly and had replied just like that.

 

 

 

Sincerely and honestly.

 

 

 

Like he will cry seeing Ji Hyo walking down the aisle in a wedding dress. He’s going to be at the altar too, but he’s not going to get her hand; he’s not going to get her. Ji Hoon is the groom and not him.

 

 

 

And yes, he was asked to be at the wedding. Grandma and Grandpa Lee made him promise. They didn’t know that Ji Hyo and Jong Kook reunited as more than friends and that he’d feel like dying on Ji Hoon and Ji Hyo’s wedding day.

 

 

 

For almost everyone that knew about that ‘Mr. and Mrs. Kim Jong Kook’ in the past, the two are just friends. Miraculously, had become friends after being lovers. Jong Kook could not be missing from Ji Hyo’s wedding; it will spark rumors out.

 

 

 

He didn’t want to go.

The wedding singer isn’t coming.

 

 

 

But isn’t it the Wedding Singer is supposed to be the groom?

 

 

“Is this really how waking up married feels like?” Ji Hoon hugged Ji Hyo from behind. He didn’t see a tear fell from her eye.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter