Chapter 3

They Woke Up Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jo In Sung’s House

Seoul, 9pm

 

 

In Sung was drunk.

Very, very drunk.

 

 

He slammed his fist hard on the wall and the picture frame that holds his and Ji Hyo’s picture taken during their monthsary came crushing down the floor. He couldn’t believe what he just heard; what Ji Hyo told him earlier. Ji Hyo is married to another guy and he doesn’t believe that Ji Hyo is innocent all along.

 

 

 

“Damn it! How can you not know it?” In Sung shouted and he went straight to Ji Hyo. He went to hold her hand forcefully and tightly, hurting her in the process. “You are lying to me! Damn it, Ji Hyo!”

 

 

 

His eyes were raging mad. It was the first time that Ji Hyo saw him that angry. And she got so scared she wanted to run away and seek help from anyone. This drunk In Sung is scary.

 

 

 

“I told you, I didn’t know!” Ji Hyo is crying while she is repeating her explanation. “We were both asked to sign autographs, separately. And then it so happened that it was a marriage registration form. That’s it! Why would I marry someone I didn’t know?”

 

 

“Why not?” In Sung replied, scaring Ji Hyo even more. “Everyone wants to marry that great .”

 

 

“Oppa…” Ji Hyo cried harder as In Sung’s grip tightened. “You are hurting me.”

 

 

“What the hell Ji Hyo!” Tears began falling from In Sung’s eyes. “I am hurting you? Then what the hell did you did to me? You cheated on me, you lying !”

 

 

 

He started to use foul words on her. Language they’d both never imagine hearing coming either from one another. She continued to cry harder while he still hurt her physically holding onto her tightly. His hands left marks and bruises on her. And so did the loud and hard slap that went straight to Ji Hyo’s face. In Sung was startled when he did that, despite his drunkenness. Hurting her physically is not his intention; but he was so hurt and enraged he wasn’t able to control his emotions.

 

 

 

But poor Ji Hyo continued to beg him and cried repeatedly. She continuously told him that she doesn’t know how she ended up married to the Running Man star.

 

 

 

“I just woke up married…” She cried out so many times, up to the point that she no longer has her voice.

 

 

 

But In Sung never listened. He couldn’t believe her at all. He was thinking Ji Hyo and Jong Kook may be had a little something going on and the marriage was a thing they did out of impulse. It was a mistake they committed, and they are paying for it. He is very much convinced that they both know what they got into.

 

 

 

When Ji Hyo tried to hug him, he pushed her quite forceful making the frail Ji Hyo hit a hard chair and her lip bleed. She still got up and beg some more. She didn’t change her story at all.

 

 

 

She never got tired of repeating everything.

She begged him.

But she only got hit in return.

 

 

 

“I don’t want to see your face again.” In Sung shouted. “You cheating ! I loved you and you cheated on me! Go to hell!”

 

 

 

That was his final words before he stormed out of his house, leaving the crying and wasted Ji Hyo all alone, battered, desperate and most of all, broken.

 

 

She couldn’t even stand, her whole-body aches but the physical pain is nothing compared to whatever her heart is experiencing right now. She just lost In Sung and she is married to someone else. Her manager is mad at her. And her parents, they are also having doubts about her story. They couldn’t believe that such things could’ve happened. They think she if fully aware when she got married and now she is regretting it and making up stories to get away with it.

 

 

For the people who knew she was married, no one believed her story. And everyone thought she had an affair with Kim Jong Kook and she’s just paying the price of being his wife. All people just literally turned their backs at her: her parents, her manager, In Sung.

 

 

 

Well, if she is married then at least she has her husband, doesn’t she?

A husband who doesn’t want to acknowledge her at all. She can’t blame him. They are strangers.

 

 

 

With much determination, Ji Hyo managed to get up using the little remaining strength that she has and left her ex-boyfriend’s house.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter