Chapter 1

They Woke Up Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was one of those phone calls that Gap Jin dreaded to receive over the years. The one informing him that Kim Jong Kook is embroiled in a scandal which he can’t do anything about. He was not sure what he did first: slump in his chair or covered his face with his hand. At that moment, he’s in disbelief. He was shaking his head several times before he let out a sigh, a very heavy one.

 

 

He just spoke with an old friend, a college classmate who happened to be a CEO of the company which is a distributor of imported Lifestyle Magazine in South Korea. It was weird that he called him after all these years. They’d usually just meet during class reunions, birthday parties or weddings.

 

 

 

He rarely calls him.

Only now.

 

 

His friend, Han Sung Hoon, began with the usual pleasantries before he dropped the bomb. He told Gap Jin that they are interested to feature Jong Kook in a Wedding Magazine. That friend of Gap Jin is always waiting for Jong Kook to get married because he will be featured in that friend’s magazine and since the beginning, Gap Jin was aware of it.

 

 

 

There was an extensive research and study done before they embark in this new project. Since Ha Sung Hoon knew the head of the Gangnam City Hall personally, he came with his staff when they came to interview him regarding marriage registrations in their district.

 

They only wanted to get the statistics, ask basic questions. The interview will be featured in their first issue of their wedding magazine. But on the other side, he was informed by his ‘head’ who happened to be a friend too, that there were celebrities out there who have secretly filed for their marriage. Some of them you wouldn’t imagine being together. Like they will never cross that line and be husband and wife.

 

“Running Man Kim Jong Kook and the actress Song Ji Hyo?” Ha Sung Hoon’s eyes were wide. “They are what???”

 

Sung Hoon’s friend phoned someone and a little while he showed him a copy of their marriage registrations.

 

 

“You never saw this, alright? Isn’t this surprising?”

 

The marriage registration was signed.

 

Of Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo.

By Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo.

 

 

With witnesses having signed the same piece of paper.

Duly registered.

Stamped.

Legal.

 

 

Ha Sung Hoon knew he had to phone his friend, Gap Jin, the moment he went out of the building. He wanted to confirm with him. Maybe he knows already.

 

 

But apparently not.

 

 

Gap Jin thanked his friend repeatedly and even asked him to keep it a secret. He told Gap Jin that he will take care of the people in the Gangnam City Hall and will make sure that it will never leak out.

 

 

When Gap Jin was done absorbing what his friend told him, he realized another dilemma is present.

 

 

Talking to his ex-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter