Chapter 10

They Woke Up Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Crown Hotel

Sydney Australia

 

 

Jong Kook almost toured the entire Crown Hotel and the area nearby. He lied about being tired a while ago. He knew Dong Wook didn’t want to stay in Crown and hang out with him. Obviously, it’s a matter of letting Ji Hyo chooses between him and Dong Wook and she chose Dong Wook. Jong Kook wasn’t keeping his hopes high. He didn’t expect anything actually. And he was an unwanted companion in this trip to begin with and he knows where he should stand.

 

 

He is left with no choice but walk around the hotel himself. But he wasn’t bored. The place was amazing beyond words. Who would have thought that he will enjoy Australia like this? Jong Kook went outdoors first. He walked around to see the swimming pools and Jacuzzi spas before heading to check on the Darling Harbour view. As if he felt tired by all the walking already, he went to the “The Spa” at the Crown for a relaxing massage before going to the shops.

 

 

 

He realized he hasn’t eaten his lunch yet; so at three p.m. he decided to have an authentic Australian cuisine experience at the Epicurean Restaurant before going back to see the stores in the hotel. The ‘han namja’ is enjoying his ‘alone’ time. No Hana bugging him. Well, he turned off his phone actually. And she knew he was in Australia visiting a friend.

 

 

Bad, Jong Kook. He lied to her.

 

 

Jong Kook said he won’t go up to his room until he wouldn’t passed by Crown’s Casino. Who goes to Sydney without setting foot to any of its casinos? Jong Kook played in a few slot machines before settling in one of the Poker tables. That’s when he lost track of time because he got lucky and kept on winning and winning. Forget about the gym, he thought as he keeps on playing.

 

 

 

Then Jong Kook glanced at his watch.

10 pm

 

 

Wow, so much time had passed.

 

 

He gathered his chips and went to exchange it for cash. He wanted to continue playing but he has gotten hungry. His last meal was three in the afternoon and after that he ate nothing except maybe a bottle of orange juice. Jong Kook walked to find at least a coffee shop to buy his americano. He knew there were lots of bars inside the hotel that he saw earlier when he was strolling during the day.

 

 

 

Woodcut was the first bar that he saw so he went inside without looking for other similar establishments anymore. It looks nice and comfy anyway. And the ambience looks inviting. There was a grand piano in the middle and the back drop was a glass where you can see the view outside which is actually one of the outdoor pools of the hotel outlined with beautiful palm trees.

 

 

He sat in one of the comfortable chairs and ordered an iced americano. He was admiring the entire bar and music until he realized he knew the guy playing the piano.

 

 

Lee Dong Wook.

 

 

Jong Kook immediately scanned the bar and looked for Ji Hyo. Of course, she was there. She was seated at the table located near the piano together with another girl (she had semi-blond hair but have Asian features).

 

 

 

Ji Hyo is smiling looking at Dong Wook. A kind of smile that Jong Kook didn’t see before. She looked… happy. Jong Kook got his iced americano and went to join Ji Hyo and her friend.

 

 

 

“Mind if I join you girls?” Jong Kook asked.

 

 

 

Ji Hyo and Kimmy looked up.

Kimmy froze.

But Ji Hyo frowned at him.

 

 

 

“I do.” Ji Hyo told him. But Jong Kook sat anyway despite getting Ji Hyo’s negative reaction. Good thing, Kimmy who considers Kim Jong Kook as love and lust is there to save the day as she diverted the attention of the two.

 

 

 

“My name is Kimmy by the way.” She introduced herself and offered her hand to Jong Kook. “I’m Song Ji Hyo’s friend here in Australia.”

 

 

 

“Nice to meet you.” Jong Kook shook her hand. “I am Kim Jong Kook.”

 

 

 

“I know!” Kimmy smiled widely. “You look more handsome and hotter in person! I am your fan! Actually, I told Ji Hyo that I like you more than Kwang Soo! As I told her, Kwang Soo is love and Kim Jong Kook is love and…pffft” Kimmy couldn’t finish what she was about to say because Ji Hyo stuffed a piece of brownie inside .

 

 

 

“Thank you.” Jong Kook slightly bowed. But Kimmy said something out of ordinary. “You know, I think my friend was looking for you a while ago. Right, Song Ji Hyo-sshi?” Kimmy teased.

 

 

Jong Kook turned to Ji Hyo and asked, “Why were you looking for me?”

 

 

“I didn’t!” she shifted her attention back to Dong Wook who was still playing the piano. (Who had acknowledged the presence of Jong Kook.)

 

 

 

“Fine.” Jong Kook almost said silently and drunk his americano.

 

 

 

After Dong Wook played the piano, they chatted for just a few minutes more and Dong Wook drove Kimmy to her cousin’s home in downtown Sydney. He was uneasy leaving Ji Hyo behind with Jong Kook in the same hotel (he didn’t know they were even sharing the same room, apparently there was a miscommunication with the hotel reservation and Jong Kook and Ji Hyo ended up sharing only ONE room and they seem to be okay with that since the whole hotel was fully booked) but she had to remind him that they live in the same house in Seoul so his worries are useless.

 

 

 

Dong Wook even had to apologize to Ji Hyo since they weren’t official yet as of the moment. They’re dating, but Ji Hyo hasn’t said YES officially.

 

 

 

 

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were walking silently on the way to their room when Jong Kook took her hand and led her to walk to the opposite direction.

 

 

 

“Yah! Kim Jong Kook!” Ji Hyo was startled.

 

 

 

“Let’s take a walk outside… or maybe a drink?” He smiled at her, “You pick.”

 

 

 

Ji Hyo was blank. Then she replied, “I don’t know. Aren’t you tired? Because I am.”

 

 

 

And they kept walking.

Did I mention while holding each other’s hands?

 

 

 

“I am.” Jong Kook told her. “I probably walked a few miles today.”

 

 

 

They both laughed.

 

 

 

“Did you have a good day?” He asked her. “What did you do with your friends?”

 

 

 

Awww.

Jong Kook was asking how her day was.

 

 

 

“We went around places. We went to different places and shops. We took pictures. You know there’s like a smaller version of Eiffel Tower here in Sydney?” Ji Hyo spread her arms to show Jong Kook how big it is. She then had to break free from his hand. But he took her hand back afterwards. She noticed how quickly he got it back.

 

 

 

 

Ji Hyo noticed.

Ji Hyo didn’t mind.

They already kissed before.

What’s holding each other’s hands?

And they’re married for goodness’ sake.

 

 

 

“And we pigged out…” Ji Hyo’s voice seemed to fade. Jong Kook got lost in her eyes and lips. He didn’t know where to look (or stare), in her beautiful eyes or her soft red lips. And he wasn’t listening anymore.

 

 

 

“Jong Kook?” Ji Hyo had to call his name. “You are not paying attention.” Then Ji Hyo stopped walking.

 

 

 

“I was.” He told her. “You said you almost lost each other at the Circular Quay.”

 

 

 

“I thought you weren’t. You were staring at me. Is there something on my face?” Ji Hyo asked. Her heart skipped a beat. She knew that look. He had that look when he kissed her; when she told him to stop but he said those people they were expecting might come back, and he kissed her again.

 

 

 

Please no, Ji Hyo told herself. This authornim said ‘NO’ as well!

If Jong Kook kisses her again, she might just kiss him back… again.

 

 

No.

Not again.

 

 

 

“So, what do you want?” Jong Kook didn’t answer her question. “Drink or walk?”

 

 

 

“You decide.” Ji Hyo passed the ball to him.

 

 

 

“Let’s drink.” Jong Kook smiled.

 

 

IL Mare Bar

Crown Sydney

12:30 am

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter