Gratitude

"TRUE LOVE"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     "How can I help you, sir?" Kim Ki Bum says when he enters Woo Hyun's office, and Sung Kyu can't help but be surprised by the young man's appearance, for he is so neat and refined that it makes him feel a bit self-conscious.
     "Ki Bum, I need you to show me all the returns department reports for the last six months."
     "Of course, Mr. Nam."
     Ki Bum walks confidently to the desk and hands the tablet under his arm to his boss. Woo Hyun wastes no time and compares the results with what Sung Kyu found, thereby confirming all the information.
     "The amount of the bonuses for returns is higher in the records you've been sending me, compared to the general records of the store. Do you want to explain why this is so?"
     The young employee makes no gesture, but swallows hard, keeping his gaze fixed on Woo Hyun's. Sung Kyu can notice Ki Bum's tension and he too starts to get nervous.
     "Confess now, and I will not press charges against you; You'll just return the money you took and say goodbye to your job, ”Woo Hyun says, giving his employee a chance to explain himself and leave without so many consequences. Anyone in his place would be happy not to go to jail.
     "There must be a mistake, Mr. Nam," the young says, surprising the other two too much. "The records I have sent you are correct, they have even been monitored by the accounting department."
     "You mean there are more people involved in this delicate matter?" Woo Hyun replies, still keeping his cool.
     "What I'm trying to say is that there are no errors in my records, sir, so if I were you, I would be wary of the little experience your new assistant has," the young man dares to say, and his words feel like poisonous stabs in Sung Kyu's back, even though he 'attacked' him head-on. But, he can't help but feel very angry and wanting to teach her a lesson for his insolence and for calling him otherwise a fool.
     However, those wishes remain stuck in his imagination, as Woo Hyun does not hesitate to get up from his cushioned chair to face his employee, and Sung Kyu notices how Ki Bum begins to show his nerves, making him think that it is not the first time that the young man has had to deal with Nam's anger.
     "I'm not going to let you blame Sung Kyu, much less insult his work and his intelligence. I have full confidence in what he just found, and I will not hesitate to submit you to an external audit in order to discover your fraud. So, you better confess now that I am still being benevolent with you, or will you face the severe consequences. Did you understand?
     And Ki Bum looks at Woo Hyun with contempt as his face grows paler, however, he finally resigns himself to telling the truth in the face of 'threats' from his boss. It would be very stupid if he let the situation get out of hand with such a warning from his boss. Though...
     "As you said, sir, I have diverted bonus money to my personal account, but I have no intention of returning a single penny," he confesses, leaving them stunned.
     Woo Hyun squints his eyes and for a second he can't believe what Ki Bum has said. When he hired him, he thoroughly reviewed his resume. He had several good recommendations and Nam trusted that. However, Ki Bum only took advantage of his position to rob him, and now he will not be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter