Wedding

"TRUE LOVE"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The smell of the tulips that adorn the entire back garden of the huge Nam mansion is making him nauseous. And it is that, it is not only the fact that Sung Kyu is exhausted because, the day before, he spent it traveling half the city accompanying his mother to all the clothing stores he knows, because he could not find what dress to wear, but because, he don't want to be in the front row to watch his younger brother marry the man of his dreams. And to top it all, he is in charge of delivering the wedding rings. Although that doesn't stop he from imagining yourself wearing the precious diamond-encrusted white gold gem, when he open the fine case to make sure both jewels are in place.
      Sung Kyu sighs, looking up and watching Woo Hyun in front of the judge, with his impeccable black suit and a beautiful smile adorning his handsome face as he waits for Sung Jong. Nam doesn't pay him the slightest attention; the man only has eyes for his younger brother.

     The gentle wedding march begins to play, and all the guests turn their heads to watch as Sung Jong walks the rose petal strewn path while holding his mother's hand. The excited woman has not stopped smiling, wiping her elusive tears of happiness, trying not to ruin her makeup.
     Sung Kyu watches them reach to Woo Hyun and Sung Jong smiles at him, releasing his mother's hand to take his future husband's. Nam nods slowly and the magistrate begins the monologue when the two of them perch next to each other.
     "We are gathered on this wonderful afternoon, to witness the marriage bond between Nam Woo Hyun and Kim Sung Jong. If anyone present knows of an impediment for this act not to take place, they can speak now."
     Sung Kyu listens to him and purses his lips. For a moment he wants to scream that there is a reason to stop the wedding: because he is in love with Woo Hyun. But, he understand that he should not; his mother would kill him and he knows very well that she would not mind having only one son.
     The woman is too happy with this marriage because she will live surrounded by luxury and Sung Kyu has gone into the background, although, it's not as if he had been in the foreground before, after all, his mother always made him notice that Sung Jong is her favourite; now with more reason.

The man officiating at the wedding asks for the rings, and then Sung Kyu listens intently to Woo Hyun's solemn promise to his brother as he slides the jewel onto his finger.
     "I, Nam Woo Hyun, take you, Kim Sung Jong, as my husband and promise to be faithful to you and take care of you in wealth and poverty, in health and in sickness, every day of my life."
     Nam looks at his brother with too much longing and Sung Kyu forces himself to swallow the painful lump that has been tied in his throat. Then he looks at Sung Jong, and his face doesn't glow with happiness like Woo Hyun's does; however, the younger one takes the other ring and utters the same words Nam said earlier, putting the shiny object on his finger.
     "... and by virtue of the powers conferred on me, I declare them: spouses. You can kiss."
     Sung Kyu sighs deeply when Woo Hyun's lips meet Sung Jong's and suddenly the place is filled with shouts and congratulations from those present, especially those invited by his mother. Some people she met in her prime years and to whom she was not going to stop showing off her son's wedding, especially when he has married one of the richest men in the city. She only cares about 'what will her guests say' after the fab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter