Fiance

"TRUE LOVE"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     "Thanks for coming, we'll call you," says the young woman behind the long desk as she arranges the sheets Sung Kyu handed her. Kim nods at his words and gives him a subtle smile as he stands up, also offering him a deep bow before walking out of the office.
      Disappointed and somewhat unhappy, the young sighs and loosens his tie once he leaves the building. The interview has been difficult and Sung Kyu is sure they will not call him. Perhaps young people better prepared than him have applied for the position as well, but it is certain that one of all those who attended that day will attract more the attention of that woman than he.

Almost shuffling, he walks around the corner to catch public transportation. It has gotten dark and it is time for he to go home after having looked for work all day. Surely his mother will reproach him again when she sees him. He has been trying for several days and has had no luck. If he hadn't worked that much overtime at his old job and saved a bit, most likely Sung Kyu was pulling his hair out of frustration right now, although if it turns out the same next week, he sure will.
     "I'm here," Sung Kyu announces as he enters his small house, leaving his jacket and tie on the rack.
     "Dinner is ready," his mother mentions from the kitchen. "Can you call Sung Jong? He is in his room."
     "Okay."
     Sung Kyu climbs the stairs slowly and reaches his younger brother's room. The door is closed, but despite that, he manages to hear the conversation on the phone. And the young man knows that he talks to his boyfriend; a handsome millionaire man ten years older than Sung Jong and who has inexplicably fallen in love with him.
     Sung Kyu decides not to knock on the door as his mother has warned him never to interrupt his brother in such cases; so he goes back and goes into the kitchen, picking up a plate to help himself to some rice.
     "Sung Jong is busy talking on the phone," he tells his mother before taking a seat at the table.
     "He's talking with...?
     "Yes, mom. He's talking to him."
     And the woman clasps her hands in supplication while her eyes sparkle with anticipation.
     "I hope they get engaged soon. I am looking forward to your brother getting married soon and we finally leave this hideous place."
     "This hideous place is the only thing I can afford, Mom. Also, the interviews have not gone well for me and I don't know how we are going to cover the rent for next month."
     "Well, think of something, Sung Kyu. I can't work because of my illness and your brother continues to study. You're not going to get us kicked out of here for your incompetence."

Sung Kyu twists his mouth and resigns himself to the woman's words (as he has all his life). He is not able to contradict her. She has a lot of hu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter